Reviews of Hotel Calypso 3 stars

Viale Trieste, 15, Rimini Central Marina, 47900 Rimini, Italy

#156 of 456 hotels in Rimini

Bed deal via Booking

We reserved a twin room via Booking with normal size and door to a balcony. We got economy room which was definitely NOT a room for 2 guests. We bumped into the bed every time we entered into the room. We had no balcony and no place where to turn around. We asked for another room but they told us there is no availability. They asked for a room in another hotel but there was no an available one. They offered us to cancel the reservation and find another hotel by ourselves which was maybe OK approach but we travelled for long time and were there only for 2 days to spend looking for a hotel. My point is if you offer non standard extremely small budget room you should write that in the room description and NOT offer it like a standard room with discounted price. It is true that I asked for a room with double bed BUT you do not downgrade the room category for that without notification. In fact we got 2 jointed beds. We had only a window looking to the background of some building. It was not a good view. To sum up the deal for this hotel on Booking was a lie and was really unfair ! No comfort at all.

The staff were OK and polite. The parking was good, the breakfast was basic mainly sweet but OK for 2 days. The hotel was quite clean. The location was very good which is the main reason why we chose this hotel.Not on the beach but close to the main sites in Rimini. The hotel is renovated.

Great hotel with brilliant staff

Great hotel with fab staff. We had trouble figuring out where to park and one of the guys came out in his car so we could follow him around to the car park. Great breakfast, comfy bed and close to the beach!

Comfortable hotel and great location
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Very tiny bathroom, especially the shower.

Very welcoming and attentative staff. I had asked for a quiet room. Arrived very late, and saw that I had got a room next to the elevator, so must admit I was a bit worried - for no reason. I slept very well both nights, so very peaceful. Room was clean with a small balcony. Good breakfast With variety of choices, so better than I’m used to in Southern Europe. Located in a quiet area. Wish I had known up front how to walk from the railway station as this would have been quicker than standing in line for a taxi. Once you walk out from the railway station, turn right. Then walk a few hundred meters till you see the under passage (under the rail line); then turn right again and walk till you see Viale Trieste on your left. Walk straight on and you will see Hotel Calypso on your left. Takes 14-15 minutes with luggage.

Friendly

I like it.

It's a nice and sunny hotel not far from the train station on a very quit street near the sea. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Big comfortable room with small balcony and very clean bathroom. Here are a restaurant and a coffee bar in the hotel. And it's great - coast in Rimini is very crowded. If you need to have a snack as soon as possible and be sure it is good - it is your choice.

A pleasant stay in a nice hotel with walking distance both to the beach and to the historical center

Outside the tourist season the price of the hotel was quite cheap and the value for your money was excellent. Rimini was an excellent travel destination also in the end of March.

Basically, everything is not bad except problems with...

There’re 2 parking places: on the left side of the hotel the one is very little and it’s impossible to park a car bigger than Ford Focus. If you park a car on the right side, you need to leave the key on the perception. We chose the hotel only because of the private parking and we were very disappointed after arriving.

Basically, everything is not bad except problems with parking

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Booked twin, got double

I booked a twin room but room was a double room.I think this is quite bad because you expect to get what you have booked. There was only one big towel in room. All other hotels I've been had two big towels.

Wifi signal was good.

Everything was OK, we had a great coffee in Rimini.

Everything was OK. PS: one of best places for coffee in Rimini is around “the corner” – Pascucci caffee.

Great staying
    • Quadruple Room

Breakfast is really good Great and peaceful Location while inbetween beaches and movida areas

Good Location, Good Service, Good Personnel!!!!

Everything was great!!!!

Cleanness and hospitable personnel!!!!

Very friendly staff

Not enough towels/shampoo for 2 people

Very friendly staff

Great price in off season.

Location is near from the sea, and I could use rental bicycle there. Bit far from old town but with Bicycle it's very easy to reach there.

Good experience. Would recommend

24/7 reception. Russian speaking. Nice clean room. Close to beach and shops. Parking. Air con.

I will be going back there again next year

It was all good.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Cleanliness and location

Lack of proper parking

Cleanliness and location

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Good breakfast

Problem with parking !! Not enought parking places

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The free coffee from the lobby counter.

The free coffee from the lobby counter.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

The room has a limit of space and It was difficult to open the door.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

Nice and clean, hot showers and open 24hrs.

Corridor really echoed and neighboring guests noisy not really hotels fault but?? I stayed out of season so no bike rental 🙁

Nice and clean, hot showers and open 24hrs. Staff really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a little sparse but usual for Italy.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

I liked the balcony in my room and the breakfast was very...

I liked the balcony in my room and the breakfast was very good. The hotel is in a convenient location; a 15 minute walk from the train station and a 10 minute walk from the beach.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2015

I must say, before booking this hotel, I hesitated a bit as...

The only downside to my stay at the hotel was the noise in the evenings (until past midnight) due to several school kids lodging at the hotel at the same time as me. I have asked the night porter to report the problem to the teacher and the response I received was 'what can we do..kids are kids..' Well...'and I am a paying guest I replied...' anyhow, this was not a major problem but rather an inconvenience. I would expect their staff to be able to handle complaints a little more professionally though.

I must say, before booking this hotel, I hesitated a bit as I thought it might be a little too basic however...this turned out to be a very good decision! Facilities are spotlessly clean, location is convenient, you can easily walk to the main street along the seaside, shops, restaurants, bus stop etc. The staff, from the cleaner to the receptionist are all very friendly and helpful. I will definitely recommend and I will most certainly return.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

Staff was very nice.

Balcony very small Bed was not very comfortable

Staff was very nice.. Location was nice

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Everything great!

Everything great! Very nice personel. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2015

Nice location, helpfull staff, good breakfast, clean.

WiFi didn`t work

Nice location, helpfull staff, good breakfast, clean.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2015

Staff, breakfast, location, hotel look outside!

Small rooms, they did not change the linens for 4 nights at all.The hotel is not 3 real stars.

Staff, breakfast, location, hotel look outside!

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.