Reviews of Hotel Canaletto 3 stars

#124 of 301 hotels in Venice

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Great hotel. 5 minutes to St Mark's Square & Rialto Bridge, so close to the centre. Plenty of bars and restaurants in close proximity. Room was spacious and clean. The bed was so comfy - maybe a result of the amount of walking we did! So much choice for breakfast - cereal, toast, croissants, eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, etc. Would definitely stay here again.

A great vacation
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I didn’t know what except , the hotel it self was beautiful and the staff were very helpful with us in getting the area , I had a great time there

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The bed was quite hard, my partner didn't sleep well.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The bed was quite hard, my partner didn't sleep well. Also the bed was actually two single beds pushed together which was slightly uncomfortable, especially when I had emailed the hotel prior to arrival to advise that it was our honeymoon. Other than that we had a great time.

Traditional hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The shower had very poor pressure with little temperature adjustment.

Very traditional Italian hotel, comfortable beds, good breakfast. The location is also good, once you find it !

The location of the hotel is so good!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The address on google maps brings you to the wrong location, and as the streets are so narrow it can’t read where you are. Took us about 15 minutes wandering in the same area to find the hotel.

The location of the hotel is so good! 5 minutes from both Rialto and Piazza San Marco. Easy to get to from the airport!

The location is excellent and in a campo (yard), where it is...

The rooms we got were small, but you can expect that throughout Venice (except in large hotels with expensive prices). It is not easy to find it for the first time (the best is to follow the sign from Salizada San Lio).

The location is excellent and in a campo (yard), where it is quiet. The staff is helpful and allow you to leave your luggage after check-out for all day.

Beautiful Venezia
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - Split Level

Difficult to control temperature of room - was warm at night

Great location Spacious enough for a family (2adults, 2 children) Had a small canal (with gondolas) outside the window!

Very nice cute little hidden jam in the heart of Venice!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Pillows (flat and not comfortable). Internet (download speed was ok, but upload speed was 0 during our entire stay, witch means that it was no internet connection at all). On the day of our departure cleaning lady burst into our room at 9.30 in the morning after an extremely short knocking and my answer that we are still in the room (she probably didn’t hear that), but it was very frustrating because we were still in the bed and undressed.

We were really happy to stay here during our short visit. The rooms are ok-size to fit 2 guests (plus, we didn’t expect to find a room larger in Venice). Beautifully designed and furnished. I loved the design a lot and was totally excited from textile wallpaper! Also each room has well working AC and fridge. Bathroom was decent size, clean and bright. Hotel itself conveniently located so you can get yourself anywhere in the city-center in no time. Breakfast was pretty good as well. Overall I recommend this hotel.

Central, and great breakfast!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A little on the pricey side, with additional city tax (like all places in Venice, it seems). The room was also a bit dark, since it wasn’t a canal room, which are apparently lighter with the open view.

Great full breakfast buffet. And it is in a central location to walk to lots of the big tourist sites like San Marco square and Rialto bridge.

Good location, friendly staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Make sure to ask for proper coffee at the breakfast. Also dont for get to add the city taxes to the price from booking (to pay extra).

Very good location, between Rilto and St Marco. Staff is very nice and helpfull. Recommending it.

Very pleasantly surprised! Will recommend it to others.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room With Extra Bed

Wifi could have been better in room 134 and towels could be bigger or thicker.

Loved the front desk people....very helpful! Loved the help with our Murano/Burano trip. Comfy beds and good air conditioning. Great location!

A nice, well-located hotel for a pleasant stay in Venice without straining your budget too much.
    • Classic Family Room (3 Adults)

Well, we regret finding too late that we could order a great coffee at the breakfast bar instead of drinking the one that was placed in a big container for all to drink from. So, our advice to future guests: at breakfast time do ask one of the staff for an expresso! We wished we had a view on the canal, but, of course, that would have been an ultra-ideal scenario. However, we asked for a room with limited noise and we pretty much got what we wanted (one morning, however, we were awakened by talkative cleaning staff who had their little supply room right outside our door, but after an intervention at the reception and profuse apologies, this problem never occurred again).

I liked the location of the hotel, just a short walk away from St. Marc's and in an area that was not too crowded with tourists (= this kept the noise level down), as well as an historical association (the home of Giovanni Antonio Canaletto). For a 3-star hotel, you can't expect luxury, but this establishment had pretty much all we needed. The room was pretty big, the decor was neo-baroque, all was clean. The breakfast got repetitive after a few days, but there was everything one could desire (save for tomatoes or other vegetables), namely from cereals through cheese and ham, etc. The staff was helpful. I appreciate the receptionist calling up a good company for a water taxi at our departure. Also, I'd like to thank the gentleman at the reception who recommended a nearby bar serving Aperol Spritz for just 2.50 Euros (believe me, that's a good deal). In contrast to one complaint we noticed, we did not have big problems with internet connection.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed
    • Classic Family Room (3 Adults)

Staff was rude, room was not clean, size of the bed was too small and even in the room two people can not stay standing up at the same time😂😂, they sold us this room as a family room. Location is between the Rialto Bridge and San Marco, but according to our experience it is not worth for this price.

Good value and a great little hotel, just excessively noisy on the street frontage.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Excessively noisy location. Our room was right above a restaurant with lots of shouting and crashing about late in the evening as the staff closed down for the night. Also the room was above a street refuse collection point for the daily early morning clean up. From 6.am onwards shouting and crashing again as the city refuse staff brought several steel wheelie bins to the street below our window prior to loading onto the boat for removal. It did take the shine off what was otherwise a very nice little hotel, particularly as I had requested a quiet room.

Very helpful staff, room clean and tidy, excellent breakfast.

Helix
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The location was very complicated! We could reach the hotel with three big bags very difficult. If you dont have accesse to the internet and google map it will be imposible to find the hotel.

Just breakfast was good!

Great staff, great location, good value friendly hotel.

Breakfast room a little small, not a problem outside of peak times.

Excellent location, great room (we had the one in the photo with the split level). Flight cancelled by EasyJet and re-scheduled, staff were very helpful and accommodating. Breakfast was decent. Good value for money hotel in Venice, we will return!

The room was amazing.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could be a bit better

The room was amazing. Nice view , very quiet in the room (can’t here anything at night). Location is perfect. Didn’t expect room will be so nice!

Highly recommended - great value for money.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately our room had no view of the canals or any water.

Excellent Breakfast. Prime location to Rialto Bridge. Very comfortable bed & beautiful furniture. Great staff.

Amazing experience overall, very pleasant staff, Exceeded expectations for breakfast every morning.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Only thing I would have liked is a coffee facility in the Room as breakfast only starts at 07:45 am and there are no locations around to find coffee when you want an early start.

Location is amazing and easy walking distance to Beautiful locations.

I have a vacation with my friends and I booked my flight...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Carrying big luggage to upstairs is very difficult. It would be great if something should be found out in this point.

I have a vacation with my friends and I booked my flight one day earlier. I booked one day stay in Canaletto Hotel but I would prefer to stay longer there. I had great night, everything related to cleanliness, breakfast and room was perfecto.

Close to San macro . Good location , recommend especially during Venice carnival .
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

google map not clear about the hotel location , so better to use hotel map . Reach the hotel need to across one bridge , if carry a bit heavy luggage may b difficult . but for small luggage is ok

Close to san macro . easier to reach there . staffs are nice and breakfast are good . Lots of restaurant and minimart around hotel .

Very good.

Room slightly small

Beds very comfortable, quite. Room and bathroom very clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location, easy access to st marks, rialto etc. Highly recommend

The location of this hotel is excellent it is within walking...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast rooms are a little small so can feel cramped.

The location of this hotel is excellent it is within walking distance to all the major attractions.

Good value Hotel.Had a great stay.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The scrambled egg was plentiful and streaky bacon was tasty.Good selection of Croissant,Danish or pain au chocolate. Cappucino was good quality. Bedroom had a beautiful Murano chandelier. Pretty venetian furniture.Location is excellent because it is away from the main street but within walking distance of several Restaurants,Rialto Bridge and even a small Supermarket.Spacious room which is rare in Venice and very clean. Stayed in this Hotel about ten years ago. Couldn't fault it for the price.

A lovely stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The location was just perfect, close to the main attactions but also quiet. The breakfast was good but nothing special. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Connecting to internet was slow Steps inside the room - forgot about them when getting up to toilet in the dark

Good location Good variety at breakfast

Perfect hotel for a short stay in Venice!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The decor was classic and beautiful, the man at the front desk was very welcoming and the location was perfect for our short stay. Breakfast included was a bonus!

Good and central
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No place to put a suitcase in the room. Only on the floor. No toilet on the reception, only in the room.

Good location just in 3 min walk to realto brige, nice and clean room. Good breakfasts.

Nice Location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was a little cold and small. One of the staff was an unwelcoming man who was angry at us for no reason on Chrismas eve.

The location of the hotel is great (close to both Rialto bridge and San Marco plaza). The room was clean and breakfast was complete.

I liked the breakfast and the location of the hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Well I was ill on the first day and was sick and some got on the sheets so I took them off the bed to save the girls having to handle them and left them on floor.i had put some jeans 2 pairs and top and scarf etc in a bag on floor too beside them. When we came back that day the bag of dirty laundry was gone? So I reported it. All the laundry bags were checked but it never turned up. The staff were very apologetic but I have never lost anything out of a hotel room before. So it took a bit of the shine off the holiday. I reported it to the police then the hotel looked at compensating us which they did. I would rather have just gone home with my jeans as they were jeans I really liked. But it does leave me with a bit of concern abt hotels? Where I have never given a second thought.

I liked the breakfast and the location of the hotel. The staff were very nice. There was nothing I could say I didn't like.

Awesome, fun filled and comfortable
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Amazing room, with all facilities as told..milk was available for bambini at odd times as well.the only drawback it's far from main station hence during holidays difficult to locate or one has to use cabs

Dream stay.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We stayed there 15 years ago and decided to return. We found it even better, quiet, beautifully attired and remarkably inexpensive. Also very 'Venetian' in charachetr. Loved it!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The reception guys were cold and even a bit abrasive. Not very welcoming and seemed annoyed when asked for dinner suggestions or directions.

Location was great. Walking distance to everything. A bit confusing at first to find, GPS will be your God. The girls that tended breakfast were kind and accommodating.

The hotel was not worth the money, I was charged twice ,...
    • Classic Single Room

The hotel was not worth the money, I was charged twice , once on the credit card and once through cash. Although the person at the desk said that my money would be released in a few days but I never got the refund. Secondly the hotel presented an untidy picture. The furniture was not good and had cracks in it

Great breakfast. Quiete place. Yet, in the middle of centre.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Bathroom and wifi connection.

Breakfast delicious. Personal was very nice. Bathroom would need a little redone (bath was old). Really appreciated free cancellation of reservation until the very last minute so didnt mind that the hotel was little more expensive than others.

Good stay, enjoyed Venice.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A garbage barge right in front of the window collects trash every morning - waking up to that noise / view is not the best start of the day. Breakfast could be improved in terms of variety. Also the breakfast room is relatively small and often at full capacity.

Great location, friendly staff. Overall good hotel.

We had a fabulous time and strongly recommend the Hotel Canaletto to anyone visiting Venice!

Softer pillows

Helpful staff, great variety to breakfast buffet including cappuccinos, fantastic location between the Rialto Bridge and Piazza San Piazza.

Lovely expensive Venice but the people and service were great. A wonderful experience and trip!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We thought our room was one of the more basic ones compared to the website. Bathroom was adequate but small. Breakfast area lacked room with lilliput plates and small cutlery. Food offering was okay and completely self-service.

The location of the hotel was great and near main sights. Staff were friendly and very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The standard of cleanliness was excellent with regular changes of linen and towels.

Great hotel in central location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Difficult to find in amongst the maze of canals!

Central location, great large room. Lovely large windows overlooking a canal. Reasonably priced mini bar, superb breakfast, friendly staff.

Central position is great - just a few minutes to St...
    • Classic Single Room

Bathroom towels are getting a bit thin and worn.

Central position is great - just a few minutes to St Mark's Square, and to the Rialto. Staff are friendly and very helpful and obliging. Wide variety available for breakfast: cereals, breads, croissants, toast, bacon and eggs, and much more. Especially liked the fresh fruit salad.

Enjoyed seeing this location and can mark it off our list of must sees.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Must admit it is a little difficult to find your way around so get a good map with lots of detail. It gets better after you do a little exploring on your own. The fact that there is no mobile transportation within Venice makes transporting yourself and luggage a bit of a challenge. The use of porters for a fee is available but expensive. Be sure to agree on a price before turning over your luggage for transport to your hotel or water taxi. Airport is a very busy place too, give yourself at least three hours to get through all of the lines to check your bags and get through security etc.

Location was great with an easy to walk to the St Marks square. Staff was great and very helpful with all of our needs. Breakfast was great with a nice variety of both hot and cold choices. Rooms were clean. Lots of local restaurants to pick from all over the area. The city is amazing and always very crowded with tourists. Beautiful buildings everywhere.

Definitely come back
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room With Extra Bed

We were disappointed that there was no air conditioning. Understand the explanation but we found the weather warm despite people walking around with jackets etc

Breakfast was most enjoyable with Pastries and coffee that were delicious. Room was very nice and decor of the hotel was beautiful Staff were fantastic

Perfect!
    • Classic Single Room

I didn't have any issues during my stay. I stayed for one night only. But I did notice the receptionist who was checking me in the way he was talking to one couple. It was okay but I asked him why is he so strict (that couple was leaving the hotel and forgot to stop by the reception to return their keys - thats the rule). The receptionist was just too serious about such a simple thing so I asked him and he said its because if he gets into some troubles it will be on him not on their guests. Which I totally understand but a little bit of friendliness wouldn't be damaging. But still I personally didn't have any problems with our receptionist.

Bed was comfortable and breakfast surprisingly wonderful. Compared to other hotel for the same price in Paris selection of pastries and everything was much better. I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended!

Nice clean and friendly-but the price should be in respect to the quality of a 3 star hotel!!!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The prices for this properety as offered by booking.com were not relative to the quality of the hotel. Booking.com over charged me-this is not a $250 hotel. No deal here and extremely disappointed with booking.com-not the hotel which is good for what it is. I think I got taken by booking.com

The location of the hotel is very good in reference to tourist sites. Clean hotel with a little less of facilities like coffe, tea or sugar in the room, no elevator. The stafff was very friendly and nice.

Great Location, friendly service
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A little hard to find but such a great location only a 5 minute walk from the Rialto and San Marco. A good selection at breakfast they even had a barista making coffees to order. Staff were really friendly too, highly recommended.

The hotel is located in the city center, a few minutes'...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel's policy is to leave the key at the reception, which can be quite unpleasant when the receptionist is not in the office or is talking to other tourists.

The hotel is located in the city center, a few minutes' walk from San Marco Square. Very friendly staff.

Property was quaint, just what we wanted for Venice.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Property was quaint, just what we wanted for Venice. Breakfast was fantastic and a great start to the day, the location between the Rialto bridge and St. Marks Square was fantastic. Neighborhood resteraunts were excellent and easily accessible as was the shopping.

Good location a very easy walk from Piazza (if you know...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room With Extra Bed

Good location a very easy walk from Piazza (if you know where you're going), and not far from St Mark's Square. Unique style of the hotel was fun to experience. Good breakfast and friendly staff.

It was a pleasant stay and the gentleman that was there daily was exceptional
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

As previously mentioned first impressions of building were not good. The dining area was not as big as it looked on your website.

The gentleman who booked us in and was there everyday was great. First impressions when we arrived we're not to great. The pictures on your website have been photoshopped abut. When we got over the first day things were great

Very nice stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

All the furniture was of an age; not bad but older. You get what you pay for.

Breakfast was excellent. Lots of food, many different types and the bacon was delicious

Great classic Venetian hotel. Perfect location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

City tax in Venice is payable by cash only

Hotel is in a great location, easy walking to public transport, shopping and monuments. Staff were accommodating (specially got soy milk for my breakfast coffee for the next morning) and helpful. Room was classic Venetian, spacious and clean. Buffet breakfast was good.

Perfect location for beautiful Venice!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Found the breakfast room to be a little too small and there was no queuing system for tables! Pillows in the room were stone hard!

This hotel is absolutely beautiful! Such a perfect place to stay in a beautiful part of Italy! The staff were lovely! We got upgraded to a suite for free! Amazing surprise that was! Room was beautiful and clean! Location is perfect! 5 minute walk from Rialto bridge!

Value for money, helpful staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Canaletto. We arrived at midnight and were welcomed, by Alessandro, as if it were mid afternoon. We were able to walk easily through the maze of streets from the Hotel. My husband's luggage was missing and Marco was most helpful in contacting the airline to enquire. Comfortable, quaint room.

Great value in Venice!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel was difficult to find.

The hotel was very clean and the rooms were quiet, even with foot traffic right outside. Breakfast was also very good.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Lovely little hotel in a very convenient location.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No lift which would be difficult for some people with their luggage. There's about 30 steps to negotiate. The reception clerk did help with some luggage but not all. No air conditioning in room. It was quite stuffy as the weather had been warm.

Good breakfast, comfy beds and great location.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Overall our stay was good.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The pillows were not very soft. Room 160 we found to be quite dark, not much light coming through the window.

Bacon & scrambled egg for breakfast ! Lovely coffee ! Location was good, close to Rialto and St Marcs . Very pleasant and helpful staff. Would visit again.

Pleasant Hotel in the Heart of Venice
    • Classic Single Room

The decor is a tad faded. The eighteenth-century theme makes that less of an issue, but it's the only thing I had to work with a bit as far as liking the hotel.

Location is the reason to stay at this hotel; it's within walking distance of many important sites in Venice, with a few vaporetto rides thrown in. The hotel is on a quiet campo away from the tourist scrum. There's a nearby supermarket, for me an important convenience.The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast was ample and features some wonderful little pancakes. Overall, I had a good experience.

The breakfast and coffee service was good but crowed at peak...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The bathroom had a strong odor to it that would not go away. Difficult to stomach.

The breakfast and coffee service was good but crowed at peak times.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Good breakfast, nice staff, close to Attractions
    • Classic Single Room

This was my first time travelling to Euro.I travelled for Biennale 2017. The staffs are willing to help about how to go to Arsenale and Giardni. It"s cool for single Traveller. It"s recommended and most importantly the hotel is closed to a supermarket which is very important for a single traveller!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Comfortable and affordable accommodation.
    • Classic Family Room (3 Adults)

The room was very warm, but that is normal for Europe at this time of year. There is no lift so you need to be able to carry your own luggage up to your room.

The staff were very helpful. The room was small but very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Great place to stay in beautiful Venice
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room got very cold at night and couldn't work the heating. The tables in the breakfast area were either too high or the chairs too low...making it a bit uncomfortable to sit and eat

The location was fantastic...out of the bustling streets but close to everything. Decor of the room was lovely.

good!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was mediocre-- coffee terrible unless you order an expresso

Nice room if a bit small. Remarkably quiet given how crazy Venice can be in that part of town. Great location and easy to get to. The staff very friendly and helpful. A bottle of Prosecco in the room as gift was lovely!

Good location but not a lot else to recommend it as anything special for the price
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The location was the best part as it was close to Rialto and San Marco, breakfast was a little thin in parts but ok, did not mind old but starting to look a bit seedy and run down, overall it was adequate but would not recommend it for the price. Photos of hotel were misleading as we thought it was on water but it was actually displaying the one close by.G

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Nice and cute hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Small bedroom. A little bit difficult to get there by bus from the airport, you have to walk quite a bit or take a taxi. We decided to walk. You can make it if you have just a hand cabin luggage and a good disposition to walk and climb stairs, but I guess every hotel in the city center will be like this. The wifi was very slow during the night.

Very cute decoration! You can feel that you are in Venice even inside the bedroom. Good size bathroom. Clean. Very good breakfast. Good location, in the center of Venice, everything that is in the center you can go walking.

Lovely clean hotel in a great location with very friendly staff. Would highly recommend.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel was in a great location for seeing all the major sites. We had the room advertised on their brochure and on the website. A superb room overlooking the canal. Very peaceful. Breakfast was fully adequate and the staff made you a coffee of your choice if requested. The hotel desk staff were very friendly and recommended us several restaurants which turned out to be superb, particularly Trattoria la Madonna. Highly recommend as the food and service were of the highest quality. Allesandro , desk manager, was the star of the show for us as we had left our ipad in a restaurant in Venice and didn't realise until we were back home. He went out of his way to go to the restaurant and pick up the ipad for us and we managed to ship it home. This was beyond the call of duty for which we will be ever grateful. That sums up the standard of service that you can expect from this excellent hotel and staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast room consist of 2 rooms. In the first there are tables with meal, opposite - tables for guests. When many guests come to have a breakfast, everybody feels enough uncomfortable themselves because of the lack of space, queues, сonstant monitoring of Your actions of those who are already having breakfast. Neither boiled eggs no scrumble I do not recommend, taste like plastic. Cannot say that a breakfast is very good... Just ordinary, could be better.

As everybody says - good location. Close to Realto bridge, close to San Marco. In the late evening when restaurants in other parts of the city going to close their doors, near the hotel there are several streets where You may have a dinner later. Our room was renovated (№150), quite and with the nice view on the restaurant. But I had a chance to see rooms without renovation - and I can not recommend them. Damp and musty smells in the room, and it influences on all the impression from staying in the hotel. Staff was helpful, room was clean.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great!
    • Classic Single Room

There wasn't anything I disliked. After traveling all over Italy, this was the best bang for the buck.

I loved the room- it had an old feel but wasn't imposing on its decor. The breakfast was aqueduct - ask the attendant for an espresso if you do not like the americano. Get an espresso with a bunch of mini croissants and you're set for your adventure in Venice. The people working here speak very good english, they are attentive, and very kind. I appreciate that they have a toilet that you can use before/after you check in/out.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Fairly enjoyable stay in Venice
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Shower was ridiculously small. Breakfast was okay, though the worst we had in Italy. Steer clear of the scrambled 'eggs'. Opt for the boiled eggs instead.

Very helpful staff, location fairly central, bed was super comfy and we had the best nights sleep.

The hotel is rather tired.

The hotel is rather tired. Very small bathrooms. My daughter shared with us in an alcove that was more like an under staircase. No bigger person could have slept there. Breakfast was not good. The water for tea and coffee had a very funny taste. The tables were small and uncomfortable. We thought the rooms were not great for $200 a night and the staff was not very welcoming. We would not stay there again.

Great location in Venice
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A lift would have been nice but only 2 short flights of stairs were not too bac.

Gorgeous room with very high end furnishings and canal view. Staff extremely friendly and helpful.

The mezzanine bedroom was definitely a plus.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The mezzanine bedroom was definitely a plus. Gorgeous decoration. Staff at reception were super friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast. Great location.

A breakfast is good.
    • Classic Single Room

The desktop for the guest is terribly outdated. They still use windows XP and IBM in 2017? At least, the hotel staff tried to help as much as they could, which is appreciated. I think they should upgrade their PC and operating system. It is not that expensive at all. It just cant be compatible with emails from anywhere in the world. So the current PC is the waste of space indeed.

A breakfast is good. You still can have freshly made una espresso !

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Old Venezian style furnitures.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room with double bed was small. Quality of brekafast was weak.

Old Venezian style furnitures. Location is quit good, close to Rialto Bridge.Staff at receptiom was frendly and helpful.

Breakfast, bed, location, staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast, bed, location, staff... Everything was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to spent some time in the heart of Venice.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

It was value for money and the room was very pretty...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Maybe more of fruit and salad for the breakfast, it would be just good.

It was value for money and the room was very pretty decorated and great location.

Browse Hotel Canaletto traveller photo gallery