Reviews of B&B Hotel Firenze City Center 3 stars

Viale Amendola 34, Lungarno del Tempio, 50121 Florence, Italy

#315 of 384 hotels in Florence

Everything was great, breakfast maybe including s waffle machine will be good or pancakes.

The ehole instalation but the customer service that Pietro offers is outstanding!!!! He was incredible in all aspects, helped us with taxi, location, maps, answers all of our questions! He is all what customer service is about. Thanks you for making our stay wonderful.

Room could have been a little bigger, but that really was not an issue

Courteous and efficient staff. Good breakfast on offer. Fairly convenient location.

My room hadn't been cleaned by 1pm even though I asked for it early in the morning.

Fine hotel, very good value for money, but could have been a little more ITALIAN.

There were a few things that were disappointing 😊 - Bathroom – had no places to put things to (shelves are missing), we had to use shopping bag to create makeshift shelf on bidet for out toiletries - Bathroom – you get one big towel per person – it’s weird to wipe your face and butt with the same towel (you just need to bring your own) - Room itself – the size was great, but again there was no space to put your things – there was a closet with a few hangers, but only one night table (not enough if you have two people staying), we created one with suitcase to hold the basic things – glasses, water, pills, clenex, book and so on… and the electricity sockets were far from bed, so you mobile phone was on the other side of the room while charging

The staff was AMZING, very helpful and friendly, the English level was very high so no issues with communication Location was fantastic about 10 minutes from the sites, so really you can walk anywhere and see everything

Beds were quite uncomfortable, really hard and no option of a thinner cover rather than a blanket since it was quite warm. Meaning we slept with no covers and woke up with multiple bites from flies/mosquitos even though we never opened the window once. Breakfast options were poor, eggs tasted like water, but what do you expect for €5 each. Shower in the bathroom sprayed everywhere, over the shower cubicle, soaking the floor area by the sink (the shower high could not be adjusted) but we could however move it to shower near the wall instead.

Staff were friendly, room was a good size and clean apart from the squated flie marks on walls. Good location if you don't mind a 10 minute walk to the centre. Overall you get what you pay for on a budget.

Excellent beds, lovely clean bathroom. My corner room was extra large and had great views over Florence. My friends rooms all had balconies big enough for our leaving night wine tasting party! Thoroughly recommend this hotel as it is within walking distance of city centre, very friendly staff, and it exceeded all our expectations!

The airconditioners were not working..no cupboards...basic things provided.

It was the cheapest property around...good as we were hardly in the room. Staff was very helpful and friendly... breakfast was good enough not too fancy. Location wad very good...superb cafes and shops around the corner...monuments 15 mnts walking distance.

Sink didn't drain properly we reported on Saturday am no one looked at was completely blocked by the time we left on the Monday. Shower leaked there very little space for our clothes. The room was very small only 1 bedside table in a double room. Felt like I lived out of my suitcase for 4 days.

The shower was only hot for one person to shower. The room was really cold and we couldn’t get the heat to turn on, thus were always cold in the room.

The hotel was really easy to find and only a 10 minute walk to the city center, 30 minute walk to the train station. Staff was friendly and helpful.

There was a lot of dust in the room. Breakfast really poor. The bathroom inside the room was really uncomfortable. Very small shower and tiny sink. Before checking out, cleaning staff, were knocking my door 2 times to clean the room. They even entered the room while I was in bed... I was very disappointed in general.

The only negative thing is that every morning at 4am they start baking bread for the breakfast and the smell was very intense even on the 5th floor....

The room was great, the balcony was a big surprise!

Cleaning staff left me without any towels. Also not the best place to stay if you need a lot of sleep!

Short walk to the river, not too long a walk into the centre of Florence. TV has international channels in a range of languages

Only one plug that we could use was in the bathroom other plugs were for tv or fridge Location is a little out of the way but walkable

Great view from our window Bed was really comfortable Room had everything we needed Staff very friendly and helpful

Nothing it was exactly what we wanted.

Property was in a fantastic location close to all attractions. Really great value room and the staff were really friendly and helpful. I would recommend this property to anyone who wants a great room that is inexpensive.

They doubled booked the room and made us switch during the middle of the stay. For a “luxury” B&B we’’ve stayed at regular B&B’s that have had far superior accommodations and breakfasts for a better price. Also Bookings set the rating. I would rate this a 2.5 but I have higher standards I guess.

It was close to Piazza Navona

The description of the hotel in the city centre is a touch wide of the mark. Ok for young uns because the walk may be welcome. For older people perhaps not so much.

Everything great. Staff so helpful and friendly. View fantastic. Nearby restaurant spot on.

The location, really close to the city center, is perfect both if you arrive by car or train. Of course its position is nice for wandering freely as well, my girlfriend and me have found some of the main points of interest just by walking without a precise destination. Nearly all most famous museums, churches and the synagogue can be reached in a few minutes walk. We completely enjoyed our stay, I would recommend this facility.

Location. Was further out than realised. As travelling alone and didn’t want to walk on my own at night it cost €12 to go into the centre and same back. Also very minimal taxis to flag down anywhere so ask hotel to book for you. Fine to walk in daytime, approx 10-15 mins to piazza de duomo

European style Premier Inn, trendy decor. Breakfast available for €10 didn’t try it. Snacks and drinks available at reception. Really helpful guy helped me on my last night when my room code wouldn’t work. Had a balcony which was beautiful looking out to the hills etc. Couple of restaurants nearby.

Fabulous location, in centre but just far enough away to get away from hustle & bustle. Very nice & helpful at reception & room very clean.

Beds were a little hard and walls were clairaudient.

It was close to the city center, about 15minutes down a street that takes you directly to the Center. Staff was nice and helpful. Rooms were clean. Good value for the area

Unreliable Wi-Fi in the rooms. Very slow elevator. Breakfast could be further improved to provide more options.

Nicely decorated and spacious room. The staff is quite helpful. Conveniently located too!

Location is remote, the bus needs a lot of stations to the city center, which is a disadvantage for the small area of Florence. Only a restaurant nearby, the lobby of the coffee machine than usual price doubled, drink snacks also, for their guests are so cunning. The room is not large, double bed is made of a twin bed , this will be uncomfortable for the couple, because there will be two large gaps in the bed.

clean

Noisy. We could hear people moving around on other floors and some guests thought it was OK to shout at one another threw a shut door at 3.30 am

Bed and pillows were perfect for me

The room heater was pretty loud and noisy. The shower area in the bathroom could have been a little bigger for comfort.

Delicious breakfast and very helpful staff. Can someone from the property please give me Jay's number! ;D

Shower wasn’t great, kink in cord meant you would only get water pressure if you held the shower head - wouldn’t work from hanging on the wall. Double bed was two singles which didn’t stay together properly - this resulted in sheet ripping when rolling over in bed and gap occurring. No fridge or iron. Was a little far away from railway (10 - 15 mins by car). Also a little far to go to restaurants at night.

Rooms decor was really lovely as was the size of the room.

It’s maybe a little out of the centre but actually we were able to use the free shuttle bus to Pitti Uomo which was great. It was the staff who informed me. There are buses nearby so I’m sure we could have used those.

I thought this hotel was great value for money. I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Florence and paid a lot more but not got the quality of room. And the cleanliness too.

It was a bit odd that the property didn't have a restaurant.

The view of my room ( 508) was spectacular. I loved the balcony. Also the peace and quiet of the property was great.

My room stank of cigaret smoke and I asked to be moved. They tried to keep me in the room by airing the room out but I was not happy with the solution. I could hear all the noise in the hallway and in the morning the cleaning services so I was not able to sleep in, which is not great as I was on holiday

The staff were very friendly. Reception is modern and clean. The location is very good

They gave us a room with a washroom that was supposed to be repair. We complaint and got a better wads room and smaller room. Money we paid was not worth it.

A very helpful young lady at the front desk.

The room was small, but.. Well, it's a B&B, but it lacks a small fridge for a place that you really need to buy everything from the hotel. Not being able to even cool your water sux, a lot. The bathroom shower needs a door instead of a plastic curtain. This curtain lets a lot of water through, messing up the bathroom.

Location.. Nothing else.

The elevators were very tight. It was difficult to carry luggage in one trip.

Conveniently located and ease of access to the Old Florence and markets. Very clean hotel and enjoyable, The staff was super friendly and accomodating, and gave good advice on travelling and instrumental in tour booking for us. I would definitly stay in this Hotel again.

I hated the shower head, had to move room as not secured properly and shower head fell off in the new room morning shower day of checkout...annoying

I loved the decor

THE ROOM WAS FILTHY AND THERE WERE LOTS OF ANTS ON THE FLOOR. THE BREAKFAST WAS ADEQUATE BUT DIRTY. THE EDGE OF THE BREAKFAST ROOM CEILING ALONG THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE WINDOW WAS UNBELIEVABLY FILTHY

Plastic covering fire alarm in room - We reported this twice to staff but the staff had no interest - Made me concerned for safety of entire building, as they didn't take it seriously. Staff informed us just to remove the plastic ourselves.

Room was nice and clean.

The shower drain was a bit too slow. Sometimes noise from the neighboring rooms. The free wifi required registration with giving the e-mail address, and each day one needs to click through some annoying messages before being connected.

I was very lucky to get a room with a wonderful view over Florence, 4th floor, room 419, watching the cathedral and other sights.

- no refrigerator - no kettle - no iron table

- Good, smile and kindly stuff - Good location near the hill and other places by walk - clean room - good view of balcony - good lobby - near the bus station ( 3 min by walk) - good air condition

No parking place on the site and no parking places around; we had to use a public parking, which is located on the street behind the hotel; 15 euro/24 h. Anyway, it was a very convenient option.

Free and speedy wi-fi Big bed, working desk, safety box, air conditioner Big bathroom, equipped with shower gel and soap only Changing of the bed sheets/towels every morning Market and shops around Helpful staff Nice breakfast, you pay 7.5 euro per person or 10 euro for 2 persons /during the weekends/.

Nothing except that the safe box is not working & shower head leaks water when turned on.

Very good location. Walking distance from city centre. Very friendly staff.

I made a last minute booking after leaving the hotel I was supposed to stay and the experience couldn't be better! Claudia, a extremely nice frontdesk person gave me a beautiful room with a rooftop and an amzing view! Rooms are extremely clean, comfortable, perfect wifi, very good size, best pillows ever! Breakfast is very good for a very reasonable price - cheaper than having breakfast out! The staff is so kind and well trained! Even the cleaning staff had a perfect English!

I didn't like that there wasn't a fridge and kettle in the room. Bath room was very small But it was good value for money I guess Also breakfast wasn't very good

Loved our balcony and view from the room. Bedroom very spacious and clean Good location and staff were friendly

BREAKFAST NOT INCLUDED, despite being called a B&B Hotel- had to pay 10.90€ for breakfast per day, and when we did, it was definitely not worth it- should make this more clear! Location was okay, not really in the city centre, despite what the name would suggest, about a 20/25 minute walk to the city centre.

Bed was comfy.

The hotel is nearby the Arno River. Walking distance to all top attractions. To Ponte Vecchio approx. 1 km. Room was very clean and everything went very well.

A small refrigerator in the room would have been nice.

Located on a tree lined busy road but this did not disturb. I noticed quite a lot of buses pass by and the two times we needed a taxi we got one within a few minutes. Room size and breakfast were good. Pancakes and croissants were tasty. Once you get your bearings it is not too far to the centre of the city. A good twenty minutes to get to the centre but worth the walk. A very good restaurant located in a square close by called Le Carceri Good service from the lady who was on the desk late evening and early morning. I would definitely stay there again.

Beds were a bit tough, but still not terrible. Was also a bit awkward to get to and from the main train station, especially if u had heavy luggage.

Everything was pottery good. Rooms had lots of space and were kept in good condition. Location was pottery good too.

Cleaning service arruin all your experience they come in to your room inclusive if you put the signal at the door if not they move the beds from the room next to like if they want to destroy something apart if they make your room comprobé alll is done not like as that they forget 3 days to refill the soap from the shower

Mosquitoes A bit far away from city centre than expectation

Large and clean room 1 min walk to bus stop which can direct you to city centre and train station Supermarkets nearby the hotels

A mini fridge of some sort would have been greatly appreciated during extremely hot weather, outside bought drinks would warm up very quickly.

Nice stylish bathroom, comfy beds.

The property is a little outside of the city center but everything is still walkable.

Very helpful staff... Nice breakfast and clean room. The bed was comfortable.

Great and helpful staff, comfy room with decent view, good environmental policy (you are asked to hold onto towels if possible but can of course change them if wanted/necessary), nice places to visit not too far away, delicious restaurant just down the street. Good stay.

residents, particularly the young americans, very inconsiderate, no bar or outside seating area

room was clean with working air conditioning and wifi. Staff were very helpful and always available

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Breakfast a joke, hand towels were chamies, unclean and unkept lobby, no nightstand for one side of bed, front desk service, marginal.

Air conditioning, view

I've never heard such noisy air conditioning that wasn't very effective. Very hard to sleep as it would of been too hot to turn it off.

Comfy beds, friendly staff and good breakfast for only around €5! I would recommend this place.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

The hotel is close to the centre and a really great market at Sant Ambrogio. The rooms are not in anyway luxurious but very clean and comfortable. My only complaint would be the mosquitoes, they are a big problem in Florence in general but perhaps the hotel could provide nets on the windows or the plug-ins to keep them away.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

We tried the breakfast on our first morning, but did not eat it again. It wasn't very good - mainly cakes and sugary things. Nothing healthy at all. This wasn't a problem though as we hadn't prepaid for breakfast every day, we just ate breakfast out instead.

Free high speed WiFi is a big bonus! Clean, nice and modern rooms and helpful reception staff. Great location too. Would stay here again.

The hotel is not in a good condition. The walls are extremely thin. I could here the guy from the next room snoring during the night. You could see blood from mosquitoes in the walls. The door in the bathroom was moldy . When we first arrived the sink was blocked. Even if they clean the bed sheets and the towels, you could see permanent stains and small hair. One night we returned to the hotel and someone had split the double bed into two single ones and removed the duvet. There is no option to change between heater and air-condition, because there is one option for the whole hotel. Some of the staff are friendly, but some of them even if they understand the problem they don't know how to give a solution. I do not recommend it! The worst hotel experience of my life!

The location was near the city center. Walkable distance.

The room had only one electric outlet next to the entrance door (most likely designed for the vacuum cleaner) — too strange and inconvenient to charge phone or anything... It's very strange to have it a pretty new hotel...

Good location, spacious rooms, great view from the window

Good location. Nice walk into the centre. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and a good size. Lovely breakfast and nothing was too much bother. Would definitely recommend. Good value

Air conditioning didn't work in the room, so with an open window we got eaten alive by mosquitoes, we didn't sleep for 2 nights, we could hear people talking and their televisions in rooms next to us and across us, shower head was dismal, mold everywhere from the shower leaking due to poor closure and over charged us $300 more than booking.com said and when asked about it they said I was wrong. We might as well have stayed in a hostel

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

nothing really

Perfect location just across the road and you are into the old town. Lovely walk back in the evening when the locals are gathering in the streets. Easy for the bus to get to.

Unfortunately we had a lot of mould in our room and in the shower, being asthmatic it triggered off bad cough.

Nice and easy access to all main locations.

It was very cold in the room and there was no option for the heating system to be turned on. When asked on the reception, it turned out that the heating system is somehow connected to the central one in Florence and since it is already the mid of April, the central system has been stopped. Still, it is very strange how the hotel relies just on central heating and there is no air conditioner.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

No air con until May, it was really hot in April and my husband has diabetes so needs air con, this is why we booked as it said it has air con. However, it didn't say that air con does not come on until May! That was disappointing and made our stay unbearable. It was very noisy loads of students, so doors banging, running up and down corridors shouting.

The hotel looks nice and is very clean. Location was great for exploring Florence. Staff were friendly and helpful and put us in a room where it wasn't so sunny to help keep the room cool. Tried to give us a fan but it didn't work. Breakfast was very basic continental but fresh with addition of scrambled eggs and chopped bratwurst style sausages.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The coffee machine in the lobby, the coffee was disgusting, but that's down to the machine. When busy the lifts are inadequate, but we used the well light stairs with ease.

The hotel was in good walking distance from the centre about 15 minutes. The staff were helpful and friendly the receptionist suggested a fantastic restaurant for our fist nights meal, we used if for the second night as well.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

we where moved three times has the first room had just a pole to hung close and no shelves to put the rest of your stuff second room door would not stay shut and third room had disabled bathroom with no bidet

could do with more variety too many sugary things

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Far away from the city center, view different with the photos, I suffered bad noisy from neighbor guests, they turn on the music to the most loudly, run in the aisle and knock the door in the middle of the night.. no any staff come and stop them.. That is the worst experience..

Couldn't work the aircon but that may be me!

Everything surpassesd my expectations I had perfect view of Duomo. Spotless Modern, free wifi, great bed super bathroom. I don't usually give reviews but this place was best value hotel I've had. 5th floor best. Wonderful. Thanks to everyone.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

The windows are not sound-proof, the hotel is located close to an intersection and I heard a lot of street noise even on the fifth floor. The service desk however was willing to relocate me for the second nice (thumbs up), the second room was not perfect (traffic-noise wise) but acceptable.

The room & bathroom were very nice, functional & clean, the location good for walking to the city center, the service desk very supportive and friendly. A bus stop is close by.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Simple, clean, cozy, nice view to the City Center, windows that actually open, large and clean bathroom. Close to City Center about 10-15 min walking. Very helpfull staff. VFM overall...

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Its a little far from the center, since we were there on a weekend the bus connection was pretty bad

The room was very clean and cozy. Very good spread of breakfast! We were lucky enough to get the view of Florence cathedral from our window! :)

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Wi-fi connectivity can be a bit better

This was a perfect, no-frills yet very good quality place to stay at. Absolutely clean, comfortable and conveniently located. The wifi was a bit patchy sometimes but otherwise there was really nothing to complain about. The staff helped us a lot with directions and places in Florence. They introduced us to a really nice place to eat and drink nearby, where we got a 10% discount thanks to our stay at this B&B. The best feature though was the breakfast, it was a lavish spread, with more options than all the places we stayed at during our Italy holiday. The location is pretty good, a lot of sights are at a walkable distance plus bus connections from the hotel are great.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The location is really far away from the city center.

I stay in Florence for two days, I take bus route 12 (3 mins from the hotel) to reach the city center and Piazzale Michelangelo throughout the trip.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

The design of the shower room could be better. There was water leaking out.

Great location! It is close enough to the main attractions and the riverbank. It is modern and provides what we needed. I liked the fact that there is a laundrette just around the corne.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

That breakfast was not included in my room rate at the time of booking.

That there was access to a computer in the downstairs area and that the staff were very helpful and friendly. There is a launderette a good 10 minutes walk away and other shops within 10-20 minutes walking distance, even a cinema for the film lovers.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

There were lots of mosquitoes in the room - we didn't open any windows, so we thought they were going through the ventilation. So we shut it down and didn't have the opportunity to use it. But the staff gave us a mosquito repellent. The hotel is quite far from the tourist city center. You have to walk around 20-30 min which is ok, but the streets you have to go through are narrow and not that populated and we didn't favour walking much at night. The large bed was made from two single beds and they kept splittitng during the night leaving a crack open in the middle. The wi-fi was a bit difficult to connect to, depending on which corner in the room you stay.

The staff was helpful when we asked for something against mosquitoes. The room was nice with a view (5th floor). The elevator worked. The breakfast was nice (excellent value for money in Florence). There were bus stops nearby. You could buy some snacks at the reception.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

HOLES in the curtains made the otherwise ok room feel seedy.

No English or German TV channels available even after it was reported to staff that we were not receiving them.

Browse B&B Hotel Firenze City Center traveller photo gallery