Reviews of Room Mate Luca 4 stars

Via XXVII Aprile 3, San Lorenzo, 50129 Florence, Italy

#38 of 384 hotels in Florence

There is nothing I dislike about this property.

I loved this hotel the staff were so accommodating, the rooms were great the location was perfect (close but far enough away from the crowds) and the food and facilities fantastic. And it has air conditioning!

Sorry no complaint here.

Everything. I had a terrible experience with a hotel not far from this one and it was a welcoming relief to find an alternative that went beyond my expectations.

I can’t say enough good things about the staff at this hotel. They took the time to make reservations for me, to print up information on attractions, to follow up on how my day went, and to always make sure that I had a clear map of where I was going. I want to give a special shout out to Nety and Andrea, who both went above and beyond in helping me everyday. Thank you for making my trip extra special. I highly recommend this hotel.

The bathroom was disappointing. Breakfast was variable in quality.

Staff were helpful. Walking distance to the train station, food markets, leather markets and most museums.

Room was way too small and not even close as shown on pictures.. for two people with 2 pieces of luggage you literally have no space to turn not even to talk about unpack..

Location and breakfast was served until Noon which is very convenient for people who do not want to get up at 8 am to eat..

Although warned of one way streets we didn't know that the street of Hotel was for buses only and we were driving. We will pay a big fine for using this street. Could have been avoided if told we should not pull up outside hotel.

Location to all the major attractions. Booked inside room which gave us a quiet night's stay. Breakfast very good and décor was wild but different. Front desk helped with dinner reservations. Great

The only negative was that the shower was tiny although the bathroom a good size with everything we needed.

Cool Hotel, great location and the staff extremely helpful & lovely. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms clean and the bed sooo comfortable.

Location was less central than similarly priced hotels. Breakfast wasn’t great.

Nice decor but covering more tired facilities in bathrooms and common parts.

Excellent wellcome!! The person ( receptionist) who greeted us was very nice and friendly, we absolutely loved the room in fact we were told that we were upgraded to the bigger one. Very stylish colorful decor . Amazing breakfast. Would definitely recommend and return .

Nothing is negative

Staff was very responsive to the medical needs of my wife. Everything was wonderful ... service, food, large rooms and very clean. We will certainly start there again

Great breakfast with a lot of options for cold or hot food, such as scrambled eggs and bacon, sliced meat and salad. The staff was very professional and helpful. Also, this hotel is walking distance to the train station and nearby sites.

The breakfast was the best we had on our whole European trip! Excellent variety and fresh coffee. Room was clean and comfortable. About five blocks from train station. Reception advised and helped us book attractions. We walked to all attractions (we were keen to walk everywhere). Definitely value for money.

Absolutely nothing

The staff were above and beyond helpful . We arrived at night so the gentleman at reception booked and organised a lovely little restaurant close by. They helped us regarding directions for all our visits to museums and churches. The hotel itself exceeded our expectations. Beautiful decorated, with subtle areas to have coffee or simply relax. Aman, our waiter at breakfast, was very helpful. The food was lovely and there was a good variety.

The view from room - the wall in 3 m :) a bit unexpected, no so much fresh air, better to choose another room.

Personal was helpful and room was clean. Breakfast was

This hotel was such a relief after a long trip. I had been staying at b&bs which were totally fine but it felt like I was finally being taken care of when I got to this hotel. The decor is top notch, it’s close to the train station and to the duomo and all that surrounds that. I looked forward to coming back to this hotel at the end of my day. I genuinely miss it!! And the breakfast is a super nice touch since most places don’t offer it!

I LOVE this place. So affordable, and very funky decor/furniture, which was super fun to look at. :) Breakfast was great, too. And the staff was helpful. Great location!

it has a loud noise from the housekeepers in every morning that wake me up.

The location of this hotel is so good to walk to the city center and there is the bus stop infront of hotel.

rooms are a little tight but very clean

staff customer service was top notch - cleaned some baby bottles for us and even checked availability at some restaurants saving us the walk.

Nice hotel, within short walking distance to museums, etc. Friendly and very helpful staff at the reception and the breakfast area. We would stay there again.

The breakfast menu was way too simple, there was not meat options but pork. The bed was large but had two mattresses with a hole in the middle. The room temperature could not be adjusted.

The hotel staff was very kind and helpful, always with a smile. The housekeeping service was tidy. Aman, one of breakfast servers was great! The location was within a walking distance (15 min max) to the Duomo.

Much thanks to the super efficient and friendly staff who noticed it was my birthday (we didn't tell them) and brought out a delicious fruit tart with a candle on it during breakfast! The breakfast options were fantastic and the staff so quick to serve us coffee every morning. Extra thanks to Aman, outstanding service we won't ever forget! Ana Maria made sure our room was made spotless when we got back everyday. Front desk too were very helpful. The hotel is a quick walk to the city center but far away enought to have a quieter, community vibe and great local restaurants.

• Deluxe Triple Room

They ask me for donation when I refused blonde lady was not polite said to me it was all for humanity...do not argue lady.. the Man shot hair house keeping leader do not say good morning when I said he reply bonjourno. I saw him 3 th floor and kitchen door. Beds never changed during stay like dip dry. Shampoo left overs keep stay there for ever. Sofa bed is not comfortable when I paid for 3 beds. Do not add soap or extra shampoo daily.

Aman in hotel is the best staff in hotel.

Little room.

Comfort and quality. Central position. Fast check in,kindly personal, breakfast time is fantastic (7:00/12:00 am).Closet central railway station. 5 min walking to galleria dell'accademia.

everything was great! We could tell the hotel was committed to making sure to do anything that would make our stay that much better!

the staff was so incredibly friendly! Especially Andrea, we absolutely loved getting to meet him!! We checked in late and the hotel staff was extremely accommodating (gave us a welcome drink, adjusted our room temperature, brought us a fan, prepared us a to-go bag of breakfast goodies as we had an early train to catch the next morning, and so on. We had a fabulous 2 night stay! And the pink bed didn't hurt either ;)

The air conditioning system has a series of green and blue lights that stay on all night and are really strong. Not sure if anything can be done about this. Taking the card out of the electricity point didn't seem to turn them off. The chair at the desk is a little tight for rounder bottoms but this is a minor point!

This is a quirkily designed hotel that is amazing value for money and very well-located (just ten minutes from the station and a few from some buzzing streets with cool boutiques and restaurants). Other hotels in this group are far more expensive but this one is fun and original (love the graphic ceiling-high curtains in every room and common area) and very welcoming. The breakfast is extensive and the massive ground floor lounge area is super classy and cool. The staff is very helpful too and there is a refreshing honestly about it all. Even the bottled water in the minibar costs the same price as it would from a shop. Unexpected for such a good location in a major tourist city.

- A little bit far from the main station. - The drain of my bathtub didn't work.

+ Staffs are so kind and helpful, they read my online-request before my arrival and arranged things in advance. + The room was small but modern(looks new), clean, and well-organized. + Perfect breakfast with enough variety. Also, I love the espresso machine! (Not so many cafes open in the morning, so this is valuable). + Walk distance to many tourists' spots.

I cant think of anything.

The morning breakfast meals were very tasty and lots of food was available. Twice, the staff packed breakfast meals because we had to leave the hotel before 7am.

Absolutely nothing

We arrived early but the receptionists were gracious on checking to accomodate us immediatly. The room were perfectly cleaned (Maribela- the person who prepared it did a really great job). An exceptional choice of staff as well: multi-cultural and all very professional and cordial. we really enjoyed our time there and will definitely return. This hotel definitely exceeded my expectations.

Safe did not work after first night which I reported but unfortunately was not repaired by conclusion of stay. It meant I had to take more items out with me than I had intended when planning the stay in Florence

Value for money and breakfast

We picked a small room during our reservation and obviously it was small. Still, it was good for the price.

Location is good enough. Close to train station and only 10 minutes to center. Breakfast is very good and diversified. Lobby decoration is very authentic, feels like a Wes Anderson movie. Reseptionists are very nice and helpful. Our room was facing the main street on the 1st floor; still we didn't hear much noise.

From the rooms with high-ceilings and comfortable beds to the delicious Mediterranean breakfast, I found Room Mate Luca to be very good value for your money. Their complementary services included a portable wifi which we found to be very very helpful.

Everything was excellent! All the staff were so helpful and friendly during our stay; front office responsible Alessandria (I hope I remember true); helped us about dinner reservations both two nights of our stay. Even we communicated with front desk via whatsapp! Hotel was always clean, rooms and the lobby area had an awesome design; and it had a great location near all places to visit. I will definitely search for Room Mate Hotels in my future visits.

Adriana and Luca were so friendly and helpful. Greeted us with warmth and showed genuine concern for making our time in Florence and at RoomMate the best it could be. Staff like this are rare and wonderful and make all the difference in how one perceives a city and a place.

The room was not cleaned properly (to a full extent). e.g. cups were not cleaned.

Very kind and helpful staff, great tasty breakfast (meat, bacon, cheese, fresh fruits, bakery). Clean and cozy room.

Noise is a problem for some rooms. However, the manager was happy to give us an other room when we asked. There is no kettle in the room but the reception is happy to assist. The breakfast is a bit plain. Also if you want to have breakfast before 07:30 chances are that it will not be ready.

Clean rooms and good location

The staff was amazing! Friendliest people we’ve encountered in Italy. Super kind & accommodating. They held our luggage until check in & had a breakfast box for us in the morning because we had to check out at 4:30 am. I wish we had spent the week here instead of in Rome.

Lobby area of the hotel and rooms are decorated very nicely in a modern boutique style. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast has a decent selection and waiters are attentive. Special mention for Aman in the breakfast room who goes out of his way to make sure you have what you want at breakfast. Hotel is walking distance to the main sights. Plentiful food options near by. I visited with family but this hotel would be a nice romantic option for couples.

The downstairs bar area which is a little redundant at the moment could be better designed with brighter lighting to encourage use by guests.

Staff were good! Very helpful and breakfast was excellent. Location was also good with many sights easily accessible and well served by public buses.

We stayed 3 nights. First day at breakfast there were at least ten empty tables but all full with dirty dishes so we couldn’t sit down.After reading many reviews about excellent breakfast service this was a big disappointment. However a quick word with reception solved this problem. Second and third mornings was fine.

Good location helpful staff. Nicely kept rooms with bold design.

you can not make coffee or tea in your room, but if you ask at the reception, they will prepare it for you anytime - even in the middle of the night! so....everything was great and I am really fastidious ;) client! :)

incredibly friendly and helpful staff, delicious breakfasts - the first time in Italy at the hotel I could eat a varied breakfast not only sweets (although they were also very good) but also typical Polish, English, German breakfast. Nice smell in the hallways, very clean also in the room. And my room was the sweetest, I have ever been!! :) The hotel is close to the center located, so walking it takes about 10 min. In case of rain, you can borrow an umbrella in the reception. Special greetings for the waiter from Sri Lanka (I forgot the name... Mr. Aman) - thank you for the freshly squeezed orange juice and coffee during the breakfast!!! It was a pleasure to visit the Hotel! and to spend - only 3 days, unfortunately - there!

Very friendly staff at the hotel, both at the reception and the breakfast room, as well as the cleaning service. The breakfast was amazing, offering a variety of both sweet and savoury dishes until 12 o'clock!

There was a bad smell from the drains in one of our rooms but the staff fixed that.

There was so much to choose from at breakfast and it is in a great location. If you want to look at artwork and culture it is all nearby and if not just sit back and enjoy the satellite tv provided.

Our room was in the rear part which means we had no view, just the back of the other building. (The plus in it, is the quietness - didn't hear cars).

It's a modern hotel The room is well equipped, the bed is big & comfortable. Bathroom is clean, modern, spacious and overall very comfortable. The staff is very helpful, kind & responsive. Breakfest is outstanding :) The buffet is varied and the food is delicious. We enjoyed it very much. The location of the hotel is great, 5-10 minutes walk from the main attractions. For those who prefer to take the bus - the bus station is right next to the hotel.

- Breakfast was good - Not far from the train station - Staff was very friendly and helpful - Room was very clean and everything seemed to be relatively new

Breaksfast was a bit chaotic , although you can dine until 12pm and maybe this is why they don’t have tables set . Also the lounge was a nice area to hang out however it was not heated . This is a shame as was there in Winter

Nicely designed hotel , central to most places, especially if coming in by train

The wi-fi in my room wasn´t impressive.

I felt welcomed and at home by the immediate friendliness I was greeted with by the staff!!! The nicely decorated rooms, hallways and common areas are lovely.

Although I know there is no refund in case of cancelation of reservation , I canceled part of it due to unexpected reason and left early and the hotel could not gave me a refund .

Lovely staff especially Aman in the breakfast room who is always cheeerful and makes superb coffee every time. Great location within easy walking distance to all the venues we wished to visit.

The bathroom had bad smell but after complaining they took care of the issue.

The hotel is great. Location is a 10 min walk from the train station so it's super convenient. It's also near the main tourist points so it's perfect. Rooms are modern and nice. Breakfast is good too.

Great location, walking distance to all attractions, great and clean room, very friendly staff especially staff at breakfast service, Aman. Always goes beyond his way to look after us.

• Deluxe Double Room

Although the stuff was very friendly, their English was not so good. Sometimes it was mixed with French or Italian which made the communication not so optimal. However they made sure that this doesn't prevent us from getting the service we asked for.

The hotel is pretty close to the old town (ca. 10 minutes walk from the piazza dei Duomo). It has an amazing lobby with separate areas having big and super cozy sofas. The room is big and clean, with a view to the Duomo and the beds are so comfy with super fluffy pillows.

No dislikes to state.

Location was very perfect. It was near to the station and other important locations such as restaurants, bus stops, and in the middle of the city. The staff was very courteous and provided all the help on tours. Breakfast was lovely and have different varieties. Look wise, the hotel itself is very colorful and have separate bar and TV lounge. Rooms are nice and comfortable but not wide.

It is a little far walking from the river and sites if you want to go out again at night...but access to train station, Market and Galleria dell'Accademia was fantastic.

Abundant breakfast, refreshed constantly, lots of variety..and best of all, both breakfast and check out is till noon

the dark walls and decor

The breakfast was available until 12 noon. The location is great for train, Central shopping and museums, lovely local feel wine bar across the road, laundromat next door, close to nice restaurants. Reception staff more than helpful with questions about outer city attractions and best ways to get there.

The view from my room

Everything! Cheerful, helpful lady at reception; excellent breakfast; very cozy room with comfy bed and pillows; so many nice touches such as a plug point in which I could plug in my phone without an adapter.

The one thing that could have been improved was the room temperature which was not easily controlled by us in the room. We asked the front desk who said they turned the heat down, however that didn’t seem to do much either.

Lovely stay, staff was very accommodating would stay again.

Great breakfast. Friendly staff (English ability was excellent). Slightly smaller rooms but very stylish. Walking distance (~10 minutes) to the train station and away from the noise and crowds near Uffizi/Duomo area.

The rooms are huge and beautiful, and the decor is chic and charming. Breakfast was really good, staff was super friendly and it was easy to do everything walking. Next time in Florence I will stay at the same hotel. Love the experience.

Room was too dark, even with every single light on. Some guests smuggled their friends from other hotels into breakfast, which didn't make for a relaxing environment at breakfast. They really need someone to man the door to the breakfast room. These are small things though. Overall, a great hotel.

Terrific location near the city centre but away from the noisiest and most crowded area. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Nice room with a terrific view on 3rd floor. Big bed. Large and varied breakfast, and never had any trouble finding an empty, clean table to sit at.

The price but don't be put off, I just don't like parting with cash for anything!

Clean and comfortable, great location - maximum 15 minutes walk to furthest attractions (Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, Pitti Palace). Make use of the free portable Wi-Fi offered at reception, great idea, saved me a fortune on data costs! Good breakfast selection and easy going times to suit everyone. Attentive staff, quirky décor. Would absolutely recommend.

No parking in the hotel. 27 Eur extra for one night in private parking nearby.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location. Clean and comfortable rooms, a bit small but OK.

The breakfast was very good with many choices but it was repeated each day so became a little predictable.

This hotel is in an excellent location. The staff were very helpful and courteous. They seemed to go out of their way to accommodate and assist.

Only down side if i need to find one is no kettle in room but that is common for Europe.

Overall this is a great property .staff friendly ,very clean ,great breakfast highly recommend it

In all honesty nothing.

Excellent in every respect. Breakfast from 7.30 - 12.00, everything one could possibly ask for in terms of range of sweet and savoury food, helpful staff, rooms with hairdryers, mirrors and comfortable beds. Very well decorated and designed.

Room size was smaller than we expected. We stayed at Room mate hotel in others country offer huge 50+ sq.m at this rate.

Comfort bed good quality linen bed sheet. Location was fantastic & safe to walk by night.

Will be great if lumination can be a bit brighter inside the room as It seems to be a bit dark for reading at night

The place is conveniently located near the key tourist attractions/ shops and is only 7-10 minutes away from the Santa Maria Nouvelle station, so it allows easy access to places around the city Centre and intercity transport in case you need to take the train/ shuttle buses to outer regions. The staff are all friendly with warm smiles and helpful (and they have helped to follow up diligently with the airport on my missing luggage)! Oh, and special thanks to Aman at the breakfast room for remembering my favorite coffee after the first breakfast there!

Nothing, was all great.

Super friendly front desk staff. Very helpful with pointing us toward places to see and things to do. Excellent breakfast and midday checkout fantastic! Bed was very comfortable and room very clean. Big bathroom with bath was a bonus. Highly recommended!

Breakfast was prepared a day ahead, it consited of biscuits and crackers, however there is a small kitchen and fridge, so it is possible to store there own food and make the breafast richer.

The room was very clean, everything as advertised.

• Deluxe Double Room

A comfortable welcoming hotel to stay in Florence. Easy walking access to Academia, Duomo, Uffizi and other sites – we walked everywhere. We stayed for 4 nights in a good sized room and ensuite. The staff was very helpful with directions, arranging bookings and guiding us to some wonderful restaurants – thank you Valentina and Nety. Breakfast was made even more enjoyable with wonderful attentive service from Amman. When visiting Florence, staying in Room Mate Luca takes you away from the continuous hustle and bustle of the centre. It gives you a breath of air while still being a 10-15 minute walk to all the great delights of the city.

Room was too small, no place to put your luggage, bathroom didn't have a window or air conditioner , air circulation in bathroom was a problem. I was not a 2 person room, because it was hard to move when the luggage is in there.

Staff was nice and helpful, great location, fair breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

The only complaint was the black mould in the bathtub on the tiles.. seriously?? This was in a upgraded room no less!!

Breakfast was AMAZING!!!! Staff were lovely!!! Bed was very comfy!!! Funky hotel in a good area, the slippers were a nice touch ;)

• Deluxe Triple Room

Our bathroom wasn't very clean, sometime we had a bad smell.

Our room was big, we had a big bed and an extra bed that was bigger than what we thought, so it was perfect, very comfortable. The service was outstanding, we call the hotel for dinner advice and they always helped us and the places were amazing, we actually returned to one of them. They always solved our issues. About the breakfast, it was really complete, and the service there was 100% careful. I asked for an especial dietary, gluten and dairy free, and they didn't have any problem to cook and to give me what I need it. It was more than perfect.

• Deluxe Double Room

Very good hotel. Maybe some glitches, but not serious to describe. Pros: 1. Location. "On a side" of historical center, but right next to a bus stop. Plus we got a room with window to the yard. It means no noisy crowd or so, but a direct bus to the train station, and only couple of minutes of walking to San Marco, San Lorenzo and then to other places. 2. Fresh, but not annoying design. 3. All necessary features of the room: space, cleanness, equipment, etc. 4. Breakfast is Ok. 5. Very friendly staff available 24 hours. (NB. Some ones complain that carrying baggage to the hotel is inconvenient, because of narrow stone pavements, etc. It's a common feature of almost whole Firenze center, not this particular hotel. Be prepared, use a bus.)

To be critical would be overly picky!

A beautiful conversion, rooms fabulous, clean, large and airy and just the best pillows I've ever slept on. Good well priced minibar. Staff friendly and helpful, lovely ery cool lounge areas with every need accommodated for when requested, everything on your doorstep or within a 10 min walk. Just brill!!

Fantastic place to stay. From the moment we checked in felt welcome. Staff were friendly and helpful and that includes all staff regardless of whether they were at reception, in the breakfast room or you met in the corridor. One day we had an early start before the breakfast was open and they provided us with a packed breakfast to take with us - superb. If we're back in Florence we'll be staying here again.

Browse Room Mate Luca traveller photo gallery