Reviews of Hotel Carrobbio 4 stars

Via Medici 3, Milan City Centre, 20123 Milan, Italy

#212 of 424 hotels in Milan

Great location, mediocre hotel

The place is quite old and extremely noisy. The walls / ceilings are so thin that you can hear everything from your neighbors. Bring earplugs if you decide to stay here! The blowdryer is really bad.. feels more like a little breeze than anything else. You probably dry your hair quicker if you stand in the window opening for a while. Breakfast is probably really nice if you're Italian (endless amounts of different cookies and cakes), but not if you are American / Northern European. I'd advice to go to California Bakery instead if you want a proper breakfast.

The staff here is friendly, and the location is really good: shops and the Duomo right around the corner. Only downside of the location is that the nearest metro station is quite a bit of a walk, not nice with a suitcase in 30 degrees celcius..

Everything was great!
    • Standard Single Room

Pretty big price and breakfast was good but same every morning.

Everything was great!! Been there for 5 days. Personnel was very friendly, helped me with all my problems. Excellent location.

Very relaxed hotel with incredible views.

The family running the hotel were amazing, very friendly and helpful. The view the hotel has down on to the lake is incredible. We will definitely stay again.

We loved the location and it was very clean .

It could do with some updating though but can’t knock it for cleanliness and value for money.

We loved the location and it was very clean . The staff very friendly and great English.

Decent, worth it for the garden room

Room was a bit dated and the picture frames were dusty. The wardrobe was in an awkward place that made using the drawers inside difficult.

The bed was comfortable and spacious compared to others we've stayed in. We really liked the garden room near reception. Breakfast was nice and the lady who served us was really friendly. Good location for public transport and a short walk to shops and the Duomo.

I'm not planning to come back.
    • Standard Single Room

Unfortunately my expectations from 4 star hotel were higher. Apart from the style of hotel from 80ies, the condition of interior wasn't very good. The door of room were so bad that during the night I could see in my room light from corridor and hear all the noise happening there. Additionally, situation with windows wasn't better, even when kept closed didn't do a lot to mute the noise from outside. Regarding wi-fi even thought written that the connection is free, I was told that it is available in common spaces and in room the quality was so low that didn't allow to do a skype call or watch youtube video and that is more standard that I would expect from hostel not 4 star hotel.

It's very close to center. The staff is professional.

The staff was extremely polite, friendly and Helpful!

The staff was extremely polite, friendly and Helpful! Location was superb, couldn't have been better!! Right in the middle of all the shopping action, walking 3-4 mins from the Duomo!! Trams available right outside the hotel. Breakfast was great! loads of options with real Italian cereals options and fantastic coffee.

Walking distance to central sights/sites

Like all big inner city hotels, the cost (accommodation, parking, city tax, restaurants) was high.

The location was excellent. Walking distance to all of the major central locations. There were very good restaurants and supermarkets within 5 mins. They have limited on-site parking. (You must book in advance and get a confirming email that you have a spot). 30 euros per day. Make sure you get an Area C permit to drive within the central town. (Hotel desk can tell you where 5 euros)

THE HOTEL IS NEAR OF ALL ATTRACTIONS AND WE REALLY LIKE IT.

There is a lot of noise from the road.

THE HOTEL IS NEAR OF ALL ATTRACTIONS AND WE REALLY LIKE IT. 5 MINUTES FROM DUOMO. THE HOTEL IS CLEAN AND THE STAFF IS VERY HELPFUL.

Good stay good hotel great staff

There was noise from the opposite building till arounf 12 midnight which seems to be hostel.

Hotel is clean and location is very good, near to Milan Cathedral Duomo and the center of Milano. Many restaurants are near to the Cathedral. Big Supermarket just 2 mins to the hotel but it closes around 9 pm. Metro station is just few mins walk. Staff are helpful and so friendly specially in the front desk and restaurant. Breakfast is good. Internet speed is high. Many TV channels are available in the room

Convenient and reasonable in the Heart of Milan

Parking area. Had to pay thirty euros a night for parking which is fine but not recommended to go to Milan with a car, if you do park it in a main parking area.

Location is 5 minutes away from the Duomo in Milan, super central and easy to get there.

It was farely good but I wish I knew about the noise.

The room didn’t match the photos provided on booking.com. Walls were extra thin and let in all the noise from outside. Same with the windows as they let in very loud noise from the nearby tram line.

Nice coffee. Overall nice place with a beautiful winter garden.

Nice location.
    • Standard Twin Room

Terrible rooms. Very noise. old furniture. the hotel has a combined room. the feeling that you live in the same room with strangers.

Nice location. Center is very close

Great location, great price.

The walls are paper thin so we could hear everything (and I mean everything) going on in the next room! This was not a huge issue because we didn't spend much time at the hotel, but it was definitely a surprise, and something we'd want other travelers to know about before staying here.

Great location, great price.

Not at level of the advertised description
    • Standard Single Room

On top of loud street noise (in front of youth hostel/bar) until 1am, the room I had was quite different from the advertised picture and needed a renewal. Non regulated heater (very warm + noisy), no light in shower, old style bathroom, no plugs near bed head, fridge not working with free "warm" water in it, tv not working,...

Great location and clean but not more than 3 star
    • Standard Twin Room

My TV didn't work my toilet didn't flash properly. Bar tiny. No bath in bathroom although shower was good.

Staff really helpful,friendly and they speak few lenguages. Breakfast nice but not outstanding. Cakes were nice but simple only. Pastries only croissant option no tipical Italian pastries with cream

Nice hotel in the center of Milano

You should ask of the calm room if you want to sleep before 12pm. Next to the hotel is hostel Ostello Bello with some action (we were staying during the weekend).

Nice service, totally helpful. Milano Duomo 10-15mins walk.

Great location and very clean room.

I had a room with allied door to another room. And I could hear everything what was going on there, chating, making love and etc.

Great location and very clean room.

Acoustic insolation is pretty bad, Sunday morning we could...

Acoustic insolation is pretty bad, Sunday morning we could hear the cleaning lady hovering the room next to ours. I guess it would be enough to change the doors.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The location can't be beat! Close to shopping, restaurants, and historical sites. There was so much to see that we couldn't get to it all. Breakfast was also delicious. We can't wait to go back!

A pleasant stay in central Milano
    • Standard Single Room

This is a very pleasant property in central Milan, about a 10 minute walk from the Duomo. My single room was tastefully and comfortably decorated with a well-equipped bathroom. The staff are, without exception, welcoming and attentive.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

worst internnet service.
    • Standard Single Room

worst internnet service. I was told I was given the room because it has the best Internet connectoni but I could not connect to it. i have to go to the lobby each time to use internet.

If I go milano again I hope there will be availability to stay

Every year I go to milano for shopping and first time I stayed this hotel because of the hotel that I go before was too expensive. Hotel Carrabbio is the best hotel I have ever seen in Milano; very close to duomo(5 min. by walk) and there are lots of cafes and restaurants near it. Their all employees were so kind and helpfull( normally at the other hotels you can not see smiling faces ) I thank you very to them for everything.

Briefly, I recommend Hotel Carrobbio, but make sure that you get the room shown on Booking.com
    • Standard Single Room

Well... I got a room in a "before renovation" condition. There was a bathtub in the bathroom (actually it would have been a plus for me) with water massage function that I didn't dare to use because the nozzles and their cover rings fell out. Weathering spots on the wall. I wouldn't be a surprise if I'd been informed when I booked the room, but pictures of the "sample rooms" on the Hotel's Booking.com page reflect more advanced conditions. Those rooms existed, I saw them when I visited my colleagues... I can accept discounted prices for "discounted" rooms. It's not a problem when I'm informed in advance.

Extremely polite and helpful staff; fabulous location; silent rooms (even if it's in the Center); 4* amenities. A little bit tricky to get there by car, but you can reach anywhere fast with public transport after you have your car parked. The Duomo is just 5 minutes walk. The RHO Fair is less than an hour (it's not faster by car in the morning... :) ) Their parking system is perfect. The bed was fit for my back, no pain in the morning. :)

Not good
    • Standard Single Room

The room was small, no plugs to charge cellular or tablet, had to unplug one of the light! The safe was very old fashion and not at all practical; very small television and the volume blocked, could not hear it from the bed. Alltoghether certainly not a 4 star Hotel, more a 2star one. Will not go back there.

Only the lobby

The location is fairly ok.
    • Standard Single Room

Room is very small. soundproof is very bad you can hear the people outside the room. breakfast is ok. but no variety, small TV without pay channels. frankly speaking i wont give this hotel a 4 stars.

The location is fairly ok. The staffs are really wonderful. very friendly.

The hotel is very small but still nice.

Breakfasts are poor.

The hotel is very small but still nice. It is in the very center of Milan. Metro M1 line is about 10 minutes by walk. My room was very small - the smallest of all I've ever been. But it was comfortable. There was just one botle of water in the mini bar. So you should be ready to get drinks somewhere out. Breakfasts are poor. If you want something hot like eggs and bacon you should pay separatly for it. But cappucino is good. There is a room service but in the evening you can have just cold sandwiches or salads as there is no restaurant in the hotel. The hotel is very close to a hostel so be ready to loud voices in the evening if your room is not with windows to the inner yard. Duomo is 10 minutes by walk.

Convenience of hotel to city centre

My host was supposed to pay the first night but as I had a non refundable room I had to pay for all 3 nights. The staff/management could have accommodated my wishes but they didn't. If it were my hotel I would have done something to ensure my guest was happy.

Convenience of hotel to city centre

Good hotel for short stay for shopping .

Room need to be renovated as the furniture outdated , but clean .

- Excellent , friendly , and helpful staff , theu offer me one single room extract for free . - location is excellent . - very good vuale for money .

Great location in central Milan, comfortable stay

View from the room was average, bathroom was a little dated with shower in bath, well-being facilities would have been nice given 4-star rating, overall feel of the hotel was dated.

Great location, comfortable bed, clean room, pleasant staff, 24-hour reception

A Gem in Milan
    • Standard Twin Room

There was nothing that we did not like.

When we arrived by car, we were exhausted. The receptionists at the front desk saw our exhaustion and gave us an upgraded room with a king sized bed and a patio and beautiful bath,, parked our car for us and prepared us sandwiches in the breakfast area (11:00 p.m.) We have never been in a hotel in the U.S. in which the staff was so kind and comforting for my husband and me.

-Good location between city center and Porta Ticinese

-Away from the nearest metro station -Noisy hostel/bar next door, heard partying to our room each night past midnight

-Good location between city center and Porta Ticinese -Clean rooms

Location and price

This was rated as a 4 star hotel but was 3 star at best. The rooms were small and cramped, the bathroom shower was minuscule and leaked water. The air conditioner was not programmable and the room was incredibly hot overnight. The window had a blackout cover that could not be fully opened so the windows couldn't be opened to provide a breeze or full sunlight. The location and price were good so balanced these negative factors somewhat.

Location and price

Great location and only minutes from shopping and dining

In our particular room, the shower wasn't high on the wall, rather it was best to sit in the bath to use the shower nozzle.

Lovely big bed, though rather firm. Good pillows. Very quiet, and nice and dark when sleeping. Plenty of toiletries. 24 hour reception with nice, helpful staff with good english. Close to plenty of shops and restaurants, and a short walk to the main duomo.

Comfortable stay but overpriced
    • Standard Single Room

Internet was accessible only in ground floor. Breakfast was in top of the already expensive price.

Accommodation was comfortable. I didnt have the breakfast. The location was good but Milan is a expensive place to cab it from the airport so bus and underground aŕe good option although time consuming. Room was expensive for the quality.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

We booked last minute and received therefore a good price.

We booked last minute and received therefore a good price. Parking was still possible in their own garage. Note that driving out may take some time because cars may have to be moved several times. Location is great: within 10 mins you arrive at the piazza in front of the Duomo. Staff was very pleasant and suggested restaurants and map without our asking.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

The location is super convinient.
    • Standard Single Room

A lot of things didn't work. My room smelled like cigarettes, some power outlets didn't work, the safe didn't work, the hairdryer. It was uncomfortable that many things were wrong.

The location is super convinient. Very close to the nice attractions the city has to offer.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Greater location

My room number was 403 ,till 00.30 the train made a lot of noise after that from 5am the machine of cleaning the street made a lot of noises ,we didn't sleep there .

The location was really perfect

Milanese Charm, at the heart of the centre

Parts of the hotel is cramped, as was the room, but to be expected as it is in the old center.

Loved having a courtyard off the room we stayed at, made the room ""bigger"", plus the hotel is very charming.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Nice location - otherwise overpriced.
    • Standard Twin Room

Wifi is only available in the lobby. There is zero noise insulation especially for bathroom facilities - it felt like all the neighbours were taking shower in our room (and the tubes made noises as well). Somebody's sneezing down the hall was heard crystal clear. Person speaking in regular tone of voice on the phone next door - every word is heard. Breakfast is too expensive. There are no spare sockets for charging the gadgets - we had to uinplug the TV each time.

Very convenient location - 10 minutes walk to Duomo. Firendly staff.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Short Stay in Milan

Everything was fine

The hotel is very central and would recommend it to anybody going shopping to Milan. Walking distance to Duomo and all shops. Also, hotel staff were nice and hotel room was clean.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

good for the location

Although clean enough, rooms are very old, toilet seat was chipped; a mirror was broken in a corner in the bedroom. The internet in the rooms does not exist, breakfast unexciting for £10 considering that you are in Italy where food is excellent.

The location is very central; staff is very kind and professional

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

A very nice place to stay

Saturday evening was a Bar in front of the hotel functioning till late morning hours, the people were very loud that I couldn`t sleep so well till the Bar closed!!!!!

The Hotel is really a nice place to stay, it is comfortable, well equipped and clean. The staff are really friendly and the location is perfect.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Very close to shops.
    • Standard Single Room

The room was too small and dark. No hot water in the early morning. Definitely not 4 star material.

Very close to shops. 10 minutes away from the d'uomo on foot.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Location was excellent.

The hotel room was ok, clean, but wifi didnt work in a room, only in lobby. no international tv chanels, only italian ones.tv was too small and set too high - very uncomfortable to watch. and shower was just... too small to fit in!!!

Location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Average place to live
    • Standard Single Room

They did not have WiFi in the room. The bedroom had no socket to charge fones. They also did not mention on the booking page that there is no breakfast included.

The hotel had a nice old medieval type feel.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

-Location of the hotel is perfect.

-Room was airless. -Air conditioner was not working properly and too noisy use. -A lot of mosquitos when you open the window. -Room window was looking for the aparment shaft since they told its their one of the best room.

-Location of the hotel is perfect.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Very nice, but bricks for a mattress and pillows

This place is wonderful! However, if you don't like a hard bed, beware. Both the pillows and the mattress are very hard. Definitely quite a change for those of us acquainted with a soft mattress and comfy pillows!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Very good City Hotel

Hotel central to the Dom de Milan approx. 10min walk, in the near the hotel many restaurants, Have WiFI in the rooms, breakfast was included and good, good price-performance ratio

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Well located in a nice area of city with very friendly staff

Food like lunch or evening meal....breakfast was far too early for some one who likes to rise after 10am on hols

Our room was very spacious and the jacuzzi bath/shower was definitely an added bonus

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

There were mousquitos and nobody could help me.
    • Standard Single Room

There were mousquitos and nobody could help me. I went to get help and I have been told that it was not their business. In the morning I explained the situation, the only answer was to make me pay for the breakfast and not to write anything about it. I absolutely do not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

- very noisy hostel nearby - its like trying to fall asleep while your neighour is having a party. The noise continues till 1-2 am - rooms are quite small and look rather old fashioned and would benefit from renovation. All in all, Carrobio looks like a fair 3-star (definetly not the 4-star) hotel, which explains the price that is quite low for such a central location.

- great location (10 min walk from Duomo, a few nice restaurants nearby, 5 min walk to an underground parking at Borromeo piazza) - helpful and polite personnel - tidy rooms - complimentary drinking water in the rooms

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Convenient location of you flirt a good price

Opposite a hostel that was noisy late into the evening. Wifi reception poor, room was clean but dated - toilet flush fell off wall!

Good location close to centre

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Friendly and very helpful staff.

The building is old so there is a very slow lift, some tortuous halls and small bathrooms. Safe too small for a computer.

Friendly and very helpful staff. Nice charming patio. Very good Continental Breakfast with EXCELLENT pastries and cakes. Free newspapers available. Less than 10 minutes away from Duomo. Large balcony with a small table and 2 chairs to enjoy a glass of red wine.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Staff were friendly and the cleanliness was of high standard.

The parking was a little confusing and quite small. I had to handover my car keys which I was not comfortable with.

Staff were friendly and the cleanliness was of high standard.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Very nice and lovely hotel needs minor things to be perfect
    • Standard Single Room

Room is very small also the tv channels are all Italian ! For the breakfast I prefer to have it outdoor on the garden but that option wasn't available.

I like the location as well as the spirit of he hotel I felt that I'm in Italy 100 years ago which made me externally happy as I liked boutique hotels, price vs the room I got is a bit high.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

The upgrade to the balcony room!

The upgrade to the balcony room! The plush robe! The lovely tub. Staff was always pleasant. We parked at their garage for a fee, and it gave us peace of mind. You can walk to Duomo from here.

Very nice location, near from Duomo and other city points.
    • Standard Single Room

The street is kinda noisy... There's a bar near from the hotel. It can be a little problem to the first floor.

Very nice location, near from Duomo and other city points. You can walk through all city with no worries. Beautiful room, big windows and very efficient team.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Hidden OLD gem

Broken shower. Staff offered to change room immediately.

The hotel is located very close to Piazza Duomo and very close to shops and restaurants. It needs some TLC it's quite old but the staff is very efficient and friendly. For a short stay it's ok.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Best choice if visiting Milan

Nothing I don't like

Hotel staff are all friendly and nice, great help. (Esp. one of the receptionist Fabio, he is such a lovely person) Location is the best, walking distance to duomo. Room is clean and cosy, bed is comfortable. Price was really good. Loved my stay and definitely go back to the hotel if staying in Milan.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Business trip
    • Standard Single Room

The internet in the rooms unfortunately is not reaching...

Very nice hotel in terms of money/quality. Almost in the middle of Milano.Great location only 7 min working distance to Duomo. Friendly staff and helpful.There is underground parking (paid)

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Milano here is like being at home!

Get the Jacuzzi running

The staff was extremely friendly. When we come back for our second time our bag was already in our room. The valet and the breakfast lady were outstanding. The reception staff was also extremely polite

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

very good hotel, but can improve in the way they treat their guests.

No wifi reception in the room. When we entered the room, it smelled very strongly from cigarette smoke. When we complained to the front desk, he replied that there is nothing he can do about it.

Good firm bed. nice bathroom.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Old world charm mixed with modern style in the heart of Milan.

Though there are no scenic city views to be had, the hotel is tucked away into one of the best spots in the Old City where Via Torino and Via Porto Ticenese converge in between the Duomo and the great churches of the city. If wi-fi in your room is important to you, specify so in your reservation. Otherwise, Internet works throughout the public spaces of the hotel.

The staff is very friendly and helpful in English and Italian. Paola, the owner, is often on site to complete the picture. The rooms are charming and stylishly modern at the same time. Marble floors and bathrooms finish the Italian experience and look. A wonderfully elegant breakfast buffet kickstarts the morning. At the center of classic sites and shopping.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Great location, amazing staff.

Wifi was a little spotty. The shower was amazing but lacked a wall support. So had to hold it in the hand.

Staff were absolutely amazing. Went out of their way to help us recommend places to eat and visit. Location was right in the middle of Milan. 10 minute walk from every major (most of them) attraction. Room, that we were assigned, was quite large. Had a shared terrace as a bonus. Toilets were amazing and clean too.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

A nice occasion to stay at a 4 stars' hotel for a very reasonable price.
    • Standard Twin Room

There are things I did not like: 1. The internet was very slow, 2. Nobody told us that at a 4 stars hotel the tourist tax is euro 5 per day and per person, adding euro 10 per day to the room rate, 3. The receptionist tried to push us to order an unreasonably expensive limousine service at a rate more than double that of Milan public cabs, 4. There was only one night stand with one night light for two beds, and the second bed was arranged with the pillow on the opposite side of the night stand, which was was bit weird, 5. There was only a heavy comforter and no light sheet to use even if it is Summer.

On an August day, when offices shut down for vacation, we were able to have a very good rate at this four stars' hotel. The room had a nice and large balcony.

A room has a bad smell and a bath door can't close.
    • Standard Single Room

A room has a bad smell and a bath door can't close. Wifi is weak.

Rooms are too small, needs to be more clean

Rooms are too small, needs to be more clean

great location in a cool quarter with a lot of restaurants...

bathroom wasn't clean and water dropped from the ceiling

great location in a cool quarter with a lot of restaurants and bars

Staff was very nice

How did this property ever rate as a 4 star hotel?

Staff was very nice

Noisy location, bathrooms with jet baths not hygienic and...

Noisy location, bathrooms with jet baths not hygienic and only has a shower handle which you have to hold if you want to shower instead.

good location, good value for money paid

good location, good value for money paid

Everything is great except the WiFi.
    • Standard Single Room

WiFi is too bad. Very unstable.

Breakfast is very nice. Nice fruit and ham. Excellent environment.

realy not good experience in this hotel
    • Standard Single Room

Realy poor property, rooms, service not good old not well maintenaned, communication very difficlt with staff memebers. Even durty in some extand

Good hotel

Bedroom was dark and decor not to our taste.

Convenient to city centre.