Reviews of Casa Dominova

Via Padre Reginaldo Giuliani 58, 80067 Sorrento, Italy

#110 of 142 B&Bs and Inns in Sorrento

Very nice B&B.
    • Double or Twin Room

I thought the coffee maker could have been available a bit longer in the morning. Although instant was available in the room, a fresh cup later in the morning would have been nice.

Everything else was very nice. Clean bedding and towels. Clean room with tea and hot pot. Breakfast selections and garden were very nice. Location was superb! Refrigerator in the room was a plus.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

• Double or Twin Room

Great location. Very friendly and helpful staff. Had a mishap with my wallet and michaela, the receptionist went with me to local police as my interpreter. Would have been lost without her

We loved the room, the vibe and the staff they were all...
    • Double or Twin Room

We loved the room, the vibe and the staff they were all amazing. The location was perfect, super central to everything and heaps of restaurants! Would definately recommend and would stay again happily.

Good all rounder.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing bad to say about the accommodation. Just a note to others...we would not recommend the Blue Water restaurant, although there is a 10% off card in the room; the food and wine wasn’t as good as the other restaurant at the bottom of the street.

Excellent location, close to old streets and beach. Fridge and kettle in the room. Breakfast good. Staff welcoming. Easy to find. Great places to eat and drink close by.

Great location, over priced though
    • Double or Twin Room

There was black stuff on the walls in the bathroom.. maybe mold??? I was sick and asked for extra time in the morning.. they said yes and as soon as I fell back asleep they banged on the door and said I could no longer stay later... also I’m a celiac and try to eat more protein type foods and there wasn’t anything for me to eat at breakfast other than a yogurt that wasn’t cold and coffee from a machine....

The location is perfect. The girl at check in was very nice.

book this bed and breakfast for location
    • Double or Twin Room

the bed was terrible ! not comfortable at all . it kept squeeeking . the walls between the rooms are terribly heard through . you could hear exactly what people are doing in the next room room design is pretty old yet its clean . breakfast selection was not great ! the bathroom is too small and the shower is terrible , they should really change the shower it self ( too low on water ) and the shower area . the sink is small too , if u use it , u end up spilling water all over the bathroom

location ! the location is just in heart of sorrento ! its easy reachable to everything . the train station + the main square . this bed and breakfast is perfect to book if you’re all about location and watching people and close to the port too ! and they have a wonderful garden which is so pretty to sit in and sip a cup of tea/ coffe

Excellent for the price we paid

The location of the hotel was excellent. A busy street yet you entered the building and the hotel was built up around a garden. When you sat in the garden you couldn't believe that outside was so busy yet this was so tranquil.

Location great, right in the heart of everything.
    • Double or Twin Room

I arrived early for breakfast as had tours planned so I was fine. Whilst the hotel wasn't full some items ran out quickly and when asked by guests were told there was no ham,cheese or meats left.

Location great, right in the heart of everything. Plenty of restaurants ,bars and things to do and see by foot.

Great value for a lovely night
    • Double or Twin Room

The whole experience was great! The woman who runs it was extremely helpful, even helped us figure out how to travel to Capri. The space is nicely decorated and the location is unbeatable.

Just a short stay but very nice. Very obliging and friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

My only slight dislike was the size of the shower cabinet - it was very small.

The property is in a central location. Big room with a very comfortable bed. The room was spotlessly clean. I only had the breakfast one morning but a lovely little courtyard to sit in. The property organised my transport to and from the airport. Travelling alone is a bit of a worry going in transport but the drivers were very friendly, courteous and safe drivers.

A pleasant refuge from the overwhelming crowds of tourists in Sorrento
    • Double or Twin Room

We had booked a tour ahead of time through the hotel staff. When we arrived they had no record of it and we couldn’t do the tour

Friendly and helpful staff. Nice firm beds. Good breakfast selection

Great location with orange and lemon orchids nearby! Great place to stay in Sorrento.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was cold, and you had to heat most items! Hotel needs to work on the breakfast to be of higher quality.

The garden was great! The location was amazing, you could actually smell the orange and lemon trees in the area (this would be based on season of course!). The facilities were VERY clean and the colour themes of the room were extremely fresh (bright pink/orange/yellow) was great.

I was happy with the location but it's definitely a budget hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

I was in a room on the hallway between the door to the apartment building and the hotel, rather than in the hotel. I didn't feel as safe as I would have had I stayed within the hotel. I could hear people coming in at all hours. The Wifi did not work.

I liked the location. The staff was friendly and housekeeping picked up every day.

Closeness to everything.

Breakfast not enough choice. Toast very poor. Ordering is hit and miss as to quantities. Excessive noise from adjoining property with staff constantly running up and down stairs every evening so if you have early nights or children room 6 is not the room for you.

Closeness to everything. Clean rooms pleasant staff

Casa Dominica
    • Double or Twin Room

It was perfect , especially after staying somewhere earlier in the week which had been very basic , cold and uninspiring

Everything , it was an absolute delight to walk into a vibrant , pretty room .Everything you needed to make your stay enjoyable. I arrived in a cold spell so I didn't get to enjoy the patio or the little garden however I thoroughly enjoyed my stay . Own bathroom with a hair dyer , TV , fridge , air con , comfortable double bed , enough storage space . Breakfast varied , tasty and you choose from a list exactly what you would like and at your specified time . The host was so friendly , helpful and let me collect my luggage later as my flight was in the early evening .

Relaxing and Stimulating with good service thrown in
    • Double or Twin Room

Our visit was Pre Season so some of the facilities were not available, breakfast in the garden etc, but this was the weather, not the fault of Casa Dominova

This hotel was in one of the best location in Sorrento straight out the door and you had some of the best views available, access to the restaurants nightlife and tourist activities. Though the costs were very reasonable the staff offered first class service

Well placed but hard to find
    • Quadruple Room

Very poor breakfast, should have gone self catering and saved the money. Accommodation was cold but warmed up eventually.

Helpful staff and good parking service (although expensive at 18 euros per 24 hours). Good location but difficult to find.

Perfect location, nice room but the worst bed ever !
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was the worst we have ever had ! I have to be honest. We almost didn't sleep because of it. You almost roll of the bed and you can count all the bedsprings in your back. The accomodation is very noisy. The vibrating phone alarm of the neighbour room sounded like it was right to my ear. But if the bed was ok then I would definately book again.

Location is perfect in the middle of the center. Room was big and good shower.

Strongly recommended
    • Double or Twin Room

The walls are thin and the bed is very hard.

This is a great little b&b. The photos don’t do it justice. Good WiFi, friendly staff, fridge, etc.

Breakfast was tasty.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was tasty. You pick what you’d like on a menu the night before and it’s delivered to your door. On the day before we left, we let the reception know we needed to leave early-ish and they delivered our breakfast at 8am on the dot. The room we clean and reasonably sized with a small but good ensuite.

Excellent stay
    • Quadruple Room

The breakfast was great but was served in the room. I would've liked it at the courtyard and would've liked it earlier than 8am since we woke up really early to get our day started.

The area was fairly easy to find using google maps. The property is on a very touristy area but was very quiet. The room was big and fit my family of 5 perfectly. The bathroom was big as well.

Absolutely great location!
    • Double or Twin Room

I don't really get the idea of having to fill in the form about what you want for breakfast to your room... It's an Italian breakfast anyway, so what you'll get is a croissant/bread, butter, jam, cereal and milk, coffee, fruit. It could all be left outside and I could help myself with quantities I need at this moment. Here is also a tip to travelers (and a hint to owners) - breakfast is between 8-10am, but better order for 8.00. Because it seems that breakfast is prepared before 8.00 and if you order for 9.00 you'll receive everything cold.

Absolutely great location! Right in the heart of town and near the coastline. Kind and helpful manager, had no problem to print our boarding passes for return flight. Good size room, the only one on our journey that had free tea/coffee facility. Spotless clean, maybe too sweet decor, but orange orchard outside window and in cosy internal patio makes your stay great. Good enough wifi everywhere.

The location is fantastic and the accommodation extremely...
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds were really hard and as a result not very comfortable

The location is fantastic and the accommodation extremely secure. Staff friendly and helpful too.

Very friendly staff, clean room, excellent location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Issues with wi-fi, paper-thin walls, parking too far away - hard to take the car at any time we wanted.

Very friendly staff, clean room, excellent location.

Great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Not much I didn't like really, the hot chocolate in the morning was extremely strong but maybe that's how Italians drink it. Small issue with the Wi-Fi for the first day or so. But then it was fine. Due to bad weather according to the receptionist.

Pleasant and helpful staff who spoke very good English. Our stay was in the off-season so our breakfast was brought to us in the room at the time we specified and not on the patio, which was fine as it wasn't great weather everyday in November. Very clean and great shower too.

Great location, reasonable price.

No parking, but hotel is affiliated with a parking garage that drives you to and picks you up from hotel. Shuttle was someone’s personal vehicle but it was free and did the job. Parking for 24 hours was €18.

Location is great for walking tour, food, and gift buying. Overall the location of the hotel makes it a great place to stay it is not fancy but my family and I felt safe and the price was great for accommodating 5 people.

We left after a sleepless night .
    • Double or Twin Room

We had room 6, the bed squeaked so badly I got excited if I made a small movement with no sound. The walls where so thin you could hear the people next door.

Not really

Awful place, overpriced
    • Double or Twin Room

No wifi (signal too weak and cuts out every few seconds) No internet available signal Profoundly uncomfortable pillows and bed!! Instant coffee, not even that on last day Horrible breakfast (bread choices awful!) Room window opens right next to tiny courtyard where breakfast is served, smoking occurs: within 1metre of coffee machine

It was close to the stairs that go down to the beach area for escaping the town

Not 8.4 standard as advertised
    • Double or Twin Room

Perhaps I was biased by my experiences at other places around Italy, but the place is overpriced for what you get. The double bed I booked was simply 2 singles stuck together. The breakfast was pretty poor, no eggs and the fruit on offer was old and soft. housekeeping staff were nice but reception could have been friendlier. Lots of shouting between staff made the atmosphere seem tense.

the room was clean despite the whole place being run down

I loved the staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed is not very comfortable, although the room is spacious and with everything you need. The parking lot was quite complicated to find and they don't speak English at all.

I loved the staff! Anne was very welcoming and arranged for our late arrival without any issue. The location is perfect, close to good restaurants and souvenir stores. It was also nice to leave our luggage there on the last day after check out.

It was perfect for us because of the location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was very uncomfortable. Some negative comments in other reviews are accurate but to be expected in a not new facility.

The location was the very best aspect of the facility. Many very good resturants, shops, and two minute walk from overlook of the harbor.

This hotel would have to be in one of the best locations in...
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel would have to be in one of the best locations in Sorrento, close to the beaches and in beautiful little streets surrounded by shops and restaurants. Definitely one of my favourite places we stayed on our trip; staff were great and the breakfast in the courtyard is a perfect way to start the day. Would definitely come back!

Underwhelming and did not meet expectations or previous ratings given
    • Double or Twin Room

In general very underwhelming for the price paid. The parking situation was very misleading and the standard of accommodation was not worth the amount paid.

The location was quite central with lots of restaurants nearby

Excellent location, really easy check in and out, staff...
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was ok if a little basic. Best to wait and have proper espresso once you're out. The room was everything we needed for a short break but was fairly basic overall

Excellent location, really easy check in and out, staff pleasant, a nice courtyard to have breakfast.

Breakfast did not start till 8am. We used Sorrento as a base on the amalfi coast so we're up early and travelling each day. meant we missed breakfast. Shame.

Perfect Location for a stay in Sorrento!
    • Double or Twin Room

Location - In the pedestrian district close to both marina's, Corso Italia, train station, etc. It provides you with many close by options for shopping, dining and day trips. This was my second stay here.

Very Good B&B in Downtown location
    • Quadruple Room

Have to walk a block with your luggage to get there, but not a big deal. Need 4 keys to get into the room, but good security. The view is of the courtyard.

Great location in downtown Sorrento, within walking distance of restaurants, port, & train station. Breakfast was awesome with a wide variety of breads, fruits, & lunch meats. Great communication & very friendly staff.

Location is perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room

Place made us feel as we were staying at a hostel. Bathroom was not clean, there were hairs of the ex-clients in the shower. We are not happy about the price/benefit balance, price is too much for this hotel. We stayed at a 3 star hotel with a perfect location in Amalfi town which costs less than that price.

Location is perfect.

A pleasant stay in the heart of Sorrento.
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the bed was very uncomfortable and the facilities were quite outdated.

The breakfast in the courtyard was a great way to start the day.The proximity to the town centre provided easy access to restaurants and sightseeing. The staff were pleasant and helpful.

We loved it.

Nothing. Everything was great.

We loved it. Wonderful for female traveler. Great for one to three ladies or men. A perfect location. We loved everything about it.

The location win everything else
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was basic and less. There is no parking place at the hotel despite of what's writing. You need to park in parking place (18 Euro per day) and walk 10 minutes.

Perfect location, big and comfortable room

Will not be going back.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rather grubby. Bathroom smelly and very cramped. Ants in bathroom. Breakfast quality poor. Breakfast available from 8am, which is late. Many things require an early start.

Location good for port, train, bus. Easy access to town. Plenty of restaurants close by.

Clean and comfortable b&b in the centre of Sorrento
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe a bit of touch of "home made" or something personalised is missing

There is a very nice yard for breakfast. All the decoration, furniture, services, breakfast are very standard but at the end everything is comfortable and clean and that made a very nice stay.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Beautiful room in great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bright and cheerful room with immaculate washroom. Fridge and kettle provided with selection of teas and coffees. Breakfast patio very pleasant and good selection of food. Great location, staff excellent. Can only give it the highest praise.

Fantastic location, everything we needed.

Difficult and expensive to park nearby. Could hear other rooms a little.

Decent range at breakfast. Very helpful staff. Nice outside space for breakfast. Couldn't have had better location in Sorrento.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Great location among the lemons
    • Double or Twin Room

Walls are very thin and you can hear plenty from the room next door. The shower is tiny.

The host was very nice and helped with all the questions. Location was perfect! On a quiet street looking toward the back yard of what looked like a restaurant that wasn't open (yet). The breakfast area of the hotel was amazing! And lemons! Everywhere!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Very lovely place in a really good location!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very lovely place in a really good location! The staff was very kind and helpful. There was no issue during our stay! Having the breakfast in the garden is very nice! :)

Cute, small, nice place. Great location-Beds not comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed were super small and uncomfortable. There were ants on the floor every morning. They close early on Wednesday and Sunday so late check in is hard.

Staff was nice, location was great. We had to check in late and they made it work. Since it's a Bed and Breakfast they are not there all the time. The room was cleaned each day well.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Casa Dominova is in a great location, in the center of...
    • Double or Twin Room

We loved everything about it!

Casa Dominova is in a great location, in the center of Sorrento. Marianna was really nice to us and helped with anything we needed. The price quality ratio is fantastic! We loved it!

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Fantastic time in Sorrento

Noisy neighbours.

Daily breakfast in the garden or in yr room; rooms done daily; kitchenette was great for my 2 week stay. Very close to everything - transport, beach, supermarket, cafes, boutiques. Perfect spot for day trips to Pompeii, Capri, Amalfi Coast

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Nice place at a very good location
    • Double or Twin Room

Not really worth it... Better walk around for some traditional stuff. Also, had difficulties with finding a parking around

Excellent location, nice indoor garden. Kind staff!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Central spot in Sorrento.

The property was quite difficult to find. A map or better directions would have helped.

Excellent breakfast. It was spacious for a triple with two rooms and a bathroom, and had a small table and an electric jug.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Excellent location for arrival by ferry, train or bus.

Would be nice to have 2 sets of keys when traveling in a group.

Excellent location for arrival by ferry, train or bus. So central to everything to see the sights of Sorrento and easily explore the area around. Would stay here again !

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Ability to come & go as we wished.
    • Double or Twin Room

Ability to come & go as we wished. Hair dryer provided (bonus with hand luggage on flight limited to 10kg) Shampoo/conditioner provided (bonus when travelling had luggage only)

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

We would be happy to come back to Sorrent and to the Casa Dominova.
    • Double or Twin Room

In front of the window of our first room there was a kind of (rather noisy) ventilation plant. But we were able to get another room, so in the end this was okay, too.

Very friendly staff. The location is near to the center of Sorrent as well as to the sea.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Situation good, facilities less than average.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was poor . We were not informed of easy access to the street or where a safe was situated. The. Shower area was very small and the basin difficult to use when shaving.

The location was fine and there was not much noise apart from the flats above which impacted in our sleep.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great location, basic room
    • Double or Twin Room

Room and facilities old and are quite expensive for what you get

The location is perfect. Really friendly staff and spacious rooms

Cleaning, staff and breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

All was ok. Can't say anything bad.

Cleaning, staff and breakfast.

Great location , nice staff, and Sorrento is just A beautiful place

Bathroom needed updating

Location was perfect , staff really nice and helpful , and properly had good security

Great position great staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Very very dated and needs a lot of TLC plus main photo on the site has nothing to do with the accommodation

Great position great staff

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Location, staff.

All have been ok.

Location, staff.

Proximity to the ferry pier

Proximity to the ferry pier

Location … and location !
    • Double or Twin Room

Location … and location ! )) Close to port, close to the city center, close to the beach...

Great location and friendly and helpful staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location and friendly and helpful staff!

Really good stay in prime location in Sorrento.
    • Double or Twin Room

Really good stay in prime location in Sorrento. Breakfast was lovely out in the courtyard. Highly recommend!

Perfect location! Nice staff. Moldy room!

Room had mold everywhere!

Awesome location!

Great location, right in the pedestrian area of Sorrento.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location, right in the pedestrian area of Sorrento. The breakfast is ok.

Very central, convemnient, but quiet location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shortage of breakfast food items. Boiled eggs were not fresh.

Very central, convemnient, but quiet location.

Clean and in the center of Salerno

No parking

Clean and in the center of Salerno

One bed was extremely noisy, the staff were helpful definitely run to

Close to the sea

Food
    • Double or Twin Room

Enjoying breakfast in a beautiful courtyard is a great way...
    • Double or Twin Room

Enjoying breakfast in a beautiful courtyard is a great way to start the day

Acceptable and better priced then many other options.
    • Quadruple Room

Uncomfortable beds. Shower was a bit of a problem. WiFi weak.

Great location. And secure.

Good location for a resonable price

Very close to the town centre and to the beach; Clean and comfortable; Good breakfast served in the garden; Small fridge and kettle in the room;

A well-located, lovely place.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was not comfortable enough.

The location is very-very-good! The inner garden (place of the breakfast) was lovely.