Reviews of Hotel Ornato - Gruppo MiniHotel 3 stars

Via Luigi Ornato 64, Niguarda, 20162 Milan, Italy

#208 of 424 hotels in Milan

The smell in the bathroom was awful. And the shower was not really clean - hair on the floor. The location is close to the tram station, but for me it’s a bit difficult.

The breakfast is really good! I enjoyed it. I was especially impressed by the fact that they have fruits. Receptionists are very nice. Air conditioning system works fine.

Localisation- bit far from center. But You get what You pay for. It is a good hotel for short ecenomy stay.

Komfort of the room, frendly and helpful reception, łów price.

Beds a little hard, and bathroom felt a bit dated.

Friendly staff, nice breakfast and easy access to tram to visit downtown sites. Great value. Parking in the back!

in general the way I was treated, and the room I was giving to me. the room was not only on the other side of the of the hallway it is on the stairway, it should be Jail (solitary)

I got there, did not find my reservation, the guy at service desk unprofessional, hotel was not full at the time he gave me the most far room from the entrance, internet did not work on the first day. it was a bad experience for me, I will not come back, I have to do a lot of work in Milan for the next year, I am sure they lost my business.

The night time rexeptionist was a bit unfriendly. The location is really unconvinienced bec itd fsr from the center and has really nothing nice around, like coffee shop or shops or good restaursnts... shower was very small

The younger receptionist were nice and polite

While booking, the pictures showed a room with two separate bedrooms, but the actual room had all beds in the same bedroom. Plan to spend 30~50 min to get to/from the city center and touristic sights by bus/tram/taxi.

Towels are changed daily.

There were guests smoking cigarettes at the patio or next to our room late in the night and the smoke was coming into our room through opened window.IT was hot (June), so it was quite hard to close the window and I like when it is opened.

Very clean rooms,beds truly comfortable,staff speaking English and helpful.

People next door to our room were very loud at midnight, slamming doors, shouting. No signs around asking people to be respectful after a specific time at night. Staffs response the next morning was to ring them, however we were never informed what times the reception was open until.

Great breakfast, plenty of options. Rooms were clean, good transport into Milan, 2 minute walk to tram station. Number 4 into centre of Milan which takes about 20minutes.

A fridge is always needed.Otherwise met our needs and onward journey to Athens.

Stayed before and used as an alternative to Milan central.A bit of way out of town but about 15 euros by taxi.The rooms are of a good size but no fridge.Staff are professional and decent local amenities like restaurants and Co op supermarket.

Niguarda location is a bit far from city center Milan but the advantage of the hotels location is that, there is a tram that passes right infront of hotel. Tramstop is just 3 mins. walk. Hotel was clean.wifi was good. room was big and bathroom was spacious. Nice hotel. Comfy to stay at. Will definitely recommend to others.

The receptionists were really nice to us. The room was clean and the room temperature was good. We easily arrived city center. It is only takes 20 or 25 minutes to get city center by 1 tram. They have a car park.

The hotel was quite far from the city center. A 40 minutes drive by bus. The bathroom had a bad smell and the room was facing the garbage bin. The walls are so thin that you could hear everything out in the hallway and the pillows are not comfortable at all. The breakfast was good, but there could be a bit of diversity. As a small improvement, I could also recommend having disposable slippers in the room.

The staff was very friendly and although we couldn’t check in because we arrived to early, they let us leave our bags in a locked room at the reception. They also gave us advice on how to get to city center and where to eat.

the hotel was exactly what we expected. It is a recently renovated building, looks like brand new. Clean rooms and public spaces. The tram station is just a minute walk from the hotel. You can buy tickets at the bar i front of the station. The room is large and the bathroom is comfortable enough.

Our room located beside tram rail can hear everything, breakfast not much choices... they should provide eggs or ham etc.

Cleanliness, staff are nice👍esp.front desk parking are full but then he made some adjustment. Comfy bed.

Address should be given in more detailed. from central station get a number 5 tram and get off in last stataion and get number 4 tram.... so with this information, realy easy to get from Airport. also with only Tram 4, you can got directly to the city center. It takes 25 min.

The walls are pretty thin so I could hear everything from the adjacent room (had to wear ear plugs to sleep). The shower would constantly shift between hot and cold water.

Clean, easy check-in, nice simple rooms. There are supermarkets and restaurants around. The tram to go downtown Milano is in front. I would come here again

It was very noisy, you can hear every move of you neighbors even when they use the sink or the shower. You also hear the tram which pass right in front of the hotel. It is a bit far from the center so you have to use the tram and the train to reach the center. Don't bring many clothes because you don't have space to deposit during your stay.

It was very clean and the towels was changed every day. Breakfast was good but you don't have many options. It's ok if you want to stay 1-2 night.

Nothing. We absolutely loved it!

Spacious and clean room, amazing bed, great facilities! The hotel is in a quiet neighbourhood and provides easy access to the city centre via tram (station just outside). Staff was very friendly and helpful, also.

•you can hear your neighbour really loud sometimes •breackfast not to our taste

•Super friendly staff, They helped us with some adresses and objectives and they all know english verry well •good wifi •daily cleaning, changeing towels, makeing bed •nice room design and Comfy bed

Quite far from city center but there is a tram stop right across the street. Our overall experience of our stay would have been a real pleasure if the breakfast was better..I would suggest to rethink the variety. The hotel is too discent to loose credits because of that. After all, don't forget it is Milan Italy..

Very nice hotel. The rooms are clean and spacy enough. It seems the hotel is recently renewed, although there are some details left to reconsider in order to be super! The staff very gentle and helpful. Even though there is no private parking, the neighborhood is very quiet and the street is absolutely safe to park on

Could hear noise from adjacent room.

Much larger bathroom than normal . Bathroom furnishings new . Tram stop 100 yards from hotel. Internet PC availble in reception .

Really great hotel in a good location right next to the tram. Can’t really fault it. The room was hot at times and I couldn’t work out how to use the air-can but it was not an issue.

Nada.

Everything was just great! We loved out stay at the hotel. The staff, the cleaning, the room, the location were perfect! Great restaurants nearby. Just loved!

I had to log in to the internet every time I wanted to use it

Very easy to get to the hotel from the city centre. It was very comfortable and the staff very friendly.

The room was too hot. We had to open up the window during the night because we couldn’t sleep.

The room was clean and well furnished. We really appreciated the fact that our double bed had a unique mattress instead of being composed by two single mattresses put together.

There isn't anything I didn't like.

The hotel was bright airy and very clean and comfortable. The price was great. It wasnt in the centre of milan but with the tram it was very easy to reach. The sheets were crisp clean and white and the facilities were great. I felt very comfortable there. The staff were very friendly and accomodating upon arrival and exit.

Street is quite noisy. Some other guest made noise at 3am. So uncomfortable, without exact pointing which room is it (wasn’t sure if room next to us or above us), staff wasn’t willing to help due to the fact that noone wouldnt have been present at reception desk.

Staff was helpfull when I needed to print out some documents. Parking was very convinient-next door. Very clean room.

The breakfast should be improved

Excellent location (the tram stop is few meters from the hotel), very clean and warm rooms. The hotel crew is very nice, friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was very disappointing. I wouldn't recommend getting it unless you just want a hot drink.

The room was very spacious, warm, clean, comfortable.

Well located and easy access, clean and comfortable rooms with a little bit noisy neighbors but it was not the hotel's fault. Quick wifi as well :)

All was good so I can't think of anything bad

I thought the design of the room was very interesting and that the staff when arriving were really helpful. The reception was open 24/7, which I thought was of great advantage as we needed to leave quite early in the morning. They also adviced on the train and buses as well as on the parking. Having stayed at another place in Milano before this I found this a million times better and of greater value for money.

It was forty minutes away from the center.. it was little bit far.. But we needed it only two means of transports until the center.

It was comfortable! Nice neighborhood. We felt like we were home. Once time we went in the hotel seperate, and the reception called to the room to check if everything were fine. ( we were two womens alone ) They cared us and we felt safe! Perfect

The walls are very thin and you could hear people from rooms on the same floor very loudly all through the night. doors closing with loud bangs throughout the night. Internet disconnected every few minutes.

We stayed two nights. When we come I forgot my glasses at the reception and nobody informed me. They don't send the forgotten items even if I would like to pay the shipment.

It not really a hotel. it looks more than upgraded BB or hostel. It is budget friendly with dark long corridors with a lots of rooms.

the wifi was one of the fastest I have ever seen in hotels.

Breakfast was lacking in variety. Location was slightly far from centre but only around 20 - 30 mins by Tram.

Staff are very friendly ! Khalid at the reception was wonderful and very helpful !

I did not like it because there was not enough heat, the breakfast did not like me because there was no egg, not much choice,

I just liked it clean :)

The breakfast was not worth the money. We only drank the coffee because we didn't like anything else. Also we were asked to pay the city tax although the city tax was paid through booking.com I extra checked it! So be prepared and check this before because you may end up paying double price.

The hotel was nice as well as the personal. The city center is easily reached with the tram which stops about 300 m from the hotel. The ride to the city center is about 35-40 min.

Simply no fridge! So for a few days stay over a bit of a problem if cold storage is required, in warmer weather.But because we stayed when Autumn was arriving, and the temperature cooling, it was no problem for us 2.

Stayed here for one night on our way home to Paris by train. Located about 15/20 minutes from Garibaldi station, and generally a nice alternative to poor, expensive grubby places closer to the station[s].And the room was of a good size with recently refurbishment and quality reception staff. Comfy bed and lovely bathroom etc. etc. And the area itself was ok with a decent priced restaurant next door.

Rooms sound and heat insulation is not good.you can could and disturb the outside sounds. They are insist to.clean.and.check.your room. I put.the.sign on the door But they clean my.room second day.I don't like to enter the.staffs on my room. This is.second staying of this hotel.But never.stay.again.

It has got free park. Its close the tram station.

The noise , very noise. And elevator very small 2 people do not fit

The room was what I expected. Very clean , the only thing is that was very noise 2,3 4 am and people making a lost of noise. Other ways was very good

In few meters walking You will see road sigh that Milan is ending..so hotel is located in suburbs of Milan. There is no good restaurants to eat around. Connection with tram is good, but there is no night trams going. And we tried to catch night bus to airport but it didn't came acc timetable. we wait arround 40 min and needed to take taxi and paid arround 20 eur to get to central railway station.

It was really nice stay overall. Hotel is new or renovated. Everithing is new. Nice room and bathroom. Everithing is quite clean. Nice personal at the hotel reception. Reception working 24 h. near by is few big supermarkets one of it COOP. However very limited working hours both of them till 20.00. and Sunday not working.

No tea and coffee facilities in the room. Aircon didn't work in our first room but we were moved on day one to a room with working Aircon.

Friendly staff and helpful. Room was clean throughout our stay. Off road parking in a secure gated area.

Too much noise from outside if you're placed in one of the rooms facing streets. Staff at the from desk (bald man) was rude and arrogant. I asked where was the closest post office he said " he doesn't live in the area go look for it in the internet".

Clean toomd and comfy beds. Close to the central area.

Reception staff very friendly, helpful and didn't rush you to serve someone else. Their English was very good too. The room was basic but comfy, fresh and clean which is all you need when just sleeping in it. Lovely big bathroom. Their knowledge of local transport and how to get to places was excellent.

no fridge in rooms :)

new rooms , comfortable bed and pillows , large enough bathroom , reception is friendly and helpfull , tram line is so close , easy to reach the hotel so you can easly reach to center with 20-30 minutes. high quality budget hotel at suburban area of milano. you can return to hotel with last metro yellow line then tram connection works until 1:30 am .

Location is far from the center. Though Theresa team stop less than a minute walk from the hotel, it takes 30 mins to the city center.

The bathroom is pretty spacious.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

They only had sweet breakfast, which is typical for Italy, but not good if you prefer hearty food. No cheese or ham, only sweet croissants and buns with marmelade. Since other people recommended not to take a room faced towards the street, we asked to get a room faced towards the inner courtyard. We got the room we asked for, but it was still very noisy. The bathroom was clean, but the shower was very small.

Check in was without problems. The beds were comfy and the room was clean. It has everything you need for a few nights. Location is okay. You need around 20 to 30 minutes to get into the city center and the tram stop is right in front of the hotel

There weren't any room slippers and it's bit far from the center and metro.

The bed was very comfortable and room overall clean. The room had a great AC. The staff were friendly, we were allowed a early check in,they even called us a taxi last minute not to miss our flight. Value for the money for sure.

Within the booking I asked the hotel if it's possible to pay via invoice with no reply. I've also emailed them directly - again, with no reply. I'd expect them to get back to me and email back - not a good experience.

The property was nice, newly refurbished. Room was clean, tidy and looked excatly as in the photos. Staff was helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

-Nothing ( just a fridge would be nice in room )

+ Very Large Room ( Triple Room) + Great Facilities + Quite Area + Close to Many Restaurants & Bar + Next To tram + Very Nice Staffs ( speciality Francesco ) + Super Fast Internet

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Rooms where noise you could hear the toilets run and neighbours talk, during our stay there was a group of kids who where singing at night so my wife didn't sleep a lot. So I would suggest to soundproof the rooms a little bit more or provide earplugs.

The room was clean on site parking was great. Staff friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable and nice big room.

- would be cool to have a small fridge in the room, but it's not necessary of course - a bit noisy as there are trams right in front of the building

- coffee and croissants were super tasty - comfortable beds - clean and tidy room

Took us two hours to find the exact location from the metro on the first day- but the hotel' staff helped us to find an efficient route by taking tram 4 and bus 47 which took us to the central station . I found hair in the bathroom - breakfast is very light, mostly sweet food- during the night the noise from the tram passing by is disturbing especially if you are a light sleeper.

The hotel is very clean and colourful, beds are comfortable, enough space in the room. The staff is professional and helpful. Great AC and WIFI

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Sound isolation was bad, we had a weird neighbor who played music very loud at night. The place was ok for a one night stop, but it's quite ascetic in the sense that the room has absolutely no decoration and feels a little empty. Bed was soft and nice but both me and my boyfriend got some weird rash on our faces after sleeping.

The location is quite good and convenient if you want a stay for a reasonable price. It was 1 min to the tram, and no more than 30 min to the central station. There are good supermarkets around.

Nice place to stay at. Tram 4 stop is two steps away to get you to the center. There are couple of places to eat or shop nearby. Not a big variety of foods for breakfast - mainly croissants, cakes, cereals and fruits. Staff is great. Always clean rooms, no issues with WiFi or TV.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

the problem is that i dont like croissant, in fact i can not eat it for breakfast... but despite croissant there was nothing more for breakfast.. Some kind of panini but it tasted like it was made 3-4 days ago.. Staff was not much helpfull. WiFi was good.

Rooms are clean and nice.

The walls of the room that we stayed in were quite thin, and the window did not block out all the noise coming from outside, so if you are not a deep sleeper, you might have a hard time falling asleep or might constantly wake up during the night due to other guests and/or the traffic outside.

Newly renovated building, with very clean, cozy and daily attended rooms. The staff were very polite and extremely helpful, fluent in English and were able to answer all of our questions. Although the place is not that close to the city center, one can take tram line 4 (the closest station is in a 3 minute walking distance from the hotel, with tickets available for sale at a nearby shop), a route which takes about 30-45 minutes, depending on the traffic, to get to Piazza Castello, which is 10 minutes away from Duomo di Milano and implicitly the city center. Breakfast is served between 7 and 10 AM, and although there isn't too much to choose from, you have a variety of gems, lactose free yogurt, croissants, and some other bits. You can also enjoy coffee - in all shapes and sizes, Green Tea, Earl Gray or different kinds of fruit flavored ones, pineapple/orange juice, or just simply water. The room has free Wi-Fi, air conditioning for those hot summer days and a good heating system if you are staying during the cold season. The hotel is also pet friendly, for those travelling with their little furry friends.

The shower was not so good. Room was OK, very functional in good condition but nothing special.

Good and helpful staff 24/7. Clean and looks newly renovated.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Mini fridge is not provided. Basic facilities like hot water kettle and ironing board with iron are not provided.

Room was nicely laid and spacious. Large room with good sized bathroom. Very close to tram station.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

There was not a fridge which in the summer in Italy is a real torture. Since even in a supermarket you cannot buy a cold water this means that you have to pay for everything double or more at a chinese or indian shop and not at any possible hour, of course.

It is situated in a calm area not so far by tram from the center of the city.

Very good cost performance, good location, clean, kind staff.

Little far from the center. No fridge in the room. Breakfast

Clean and comfort room. Receptionists very friendly.

Breakfast is not good

Dont like the bathroom shower, chair is not comfortable, working table is not big enough.

Easy go to the Milano centre by tram.

Breakfast was very poor. Just few sweet things.

Zero soundproof,no refrigerator.

Clean, polite staff

it was little far from city center

everything was good

About 1.5 km from subway

Very clean and the stuff was ultra super friendly!

Very small shower

Choice of breakfast very very limited

Good location, nice clean spacious rooms

Τhe breakfast was poor!!!

Very clean & comfort room!

The breakfast time must be more than 10 o'chlock