Reviews of Sina Centurion Palace 5 stars

Dorsoduro, 173, Dorsoduro, 30123 Venice, Italy

#119 of 301 hotels in Venice

Excellent location in Dorsoduro, directly on the Grand Canal...

Excellent location in Dorsoduro, directly on the Grand Canal and very close to Piazza san Marco. Very friendly staff. Charming view of the Grand Canal from the bar and restaurant.

The outside area is stunning!

The outside area is stunning! You can enjoy the view of Grand Canal (with typical for Venice prices of refreshments..) Hotel is beautiful in and out… however I think I expected something slightly better from the whole experience. There was no view in our room, and the access to the other side across the canal was bit difficult, but I guess great for those who like to stay away from the crowd… I was bit disappointed the price didn't include breakfast; there were no plugs next to bed for devices, on the second day they have not replace out shower gel/shampoo.

Great hotel in a quiet local location

Water in bathroom/shower did not drain away, despite maintenance "fixing" the problem

Great breakfast, with areas to sit out canal side with a glass of prosecco - great way to start the day!

The hotel was very well located on the Grand Canal.

The hotel was very well located on the Grand Canal. Easy to use the ferry system for getting around. Close to the Guggenheim. The hotel staff was courteous and very helpful. We had a great time.

Outstanding

The staff was particularly helpful in the restaurant and at the Reception. Service and food are up to the standards of a five star hotel and the location, close to the Academia and San Marco, but away from the crowds, is outstanding.

Modern hotel in a beautiful, old building.

The prices on food, drinks, snacks and breakfasts were all high.

Awesome location in a quieter area of Venice. We loved it! A bit pricey, but all of Venice seems like that.

Our room had sewage smell ,i think coming from the...

Our room had sewage smell ,i think coming from the air-conditioning ,the bed was 2 beds attached with an obvious creek between ,its unacceptable for a 5 star hotel , wont stay there again ,not recommended

Perfect hotel in the perfect location in the perfect city.

Our room could have been bigger. But the design was lovely and the bed was very comfortable.

A wonderful hotel in a fabulous location. Our room was small but lovely - and the canalside terraces easily made up for it. Friendly helpful staff and all round just a great place to stay. My 4th visit to Rome and I would definitely stay at the Sini Centurion again.

Very enjoyable ,quite location for a busy city like Venice

Bathroom facilities in the common area for a hotel of this quality were not good .

Overall very well presented and the staff were excellent . Food was very good and the service meet my expectations for this hotel

Amazing location, next to guggenheim and accademia but away...

Amazing location, next to guggenheim and accademia but away from the chaos of san marco square Amazing building (I suggest arriving by boat) and super high ceilings in the room! Great service and friendly stuff Good choice for breakfast (also lactose and gluten free choices) Very good value for Venice in my view, I would def go back next time we go

Lovely!

Excellent staff, extremely helpful and definitely contributed to making my stay even more pleasurable! The location is perfect central yet not in the busy areas.

OK location but not a 5 star experience

Took a deposit on Debit card and then didnt return it within 14 working days and I had make a complaint and investigation as to why they double charged me. I also left an expensive Apple Pen in the room and it was not returned to me and the hotel did not reply to my emails.

Boring breakfast not 5 star. Very poor.

Amazing location!

Amazing location!! Beautiful, clean, luxurious rooms. A very glamorous place to stay. Lovely area to stay in as well. The Guggenheim was a stone's throw away. Highly recommend if you want a high end place to stay.

Accommodations very small, extremely expensive, staff very...

Accommodations very small, extremely expensive, staff very pretentious. Food extremely outrageous and very little portions (over $300 US dollars for lunch, drinks $23 US dollars each). Not impressed!

breakfast definitely doesn t meet the standard for a 5star...
    • Deluxe Double

breakfast definitely doesn t meet the standard for a 5star luxury hotel just to mention one item, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice is an extra for 10€

Fantastic location.

Value for money was very very poor. A 5* hotel that had below friendly reception staff. Room not made up until 2pm.

Fantastic location. Great breakfast.

Beautiful location but over priced.

We came here four years ago and loved the place. I booked again for partner's birthday as a surprise. Given the cost of the room it was a little disappointing. Booking was wrong - it had booked one person rather than two. Probably my mistake but the front staff were surly when we found out which having been travelling for hours was not particularly pleasant. The room was small - the bathroom ridiculously so. The door wouldn't lock and wasn't fixed despite us raising it to their attention. The carpets outside were grubby and toilets by the bar need repair. When you are paying £500+ plus a night I would expect a lot better.

Location is beautiful. Hotel restaurant was nice - maitre de very helpful and food was lovely. Breakfast staff were friendly and the coffees are great.

Fantastic location, close to all the action yet you don’t feel mobbed by tourists
    • Deluxe Double

Nothing really to complain about to be fair, although there was nothing wrong with the hotel I didn’t feel as if there was anything extraordinary about the stay.

Wonderful hotel at a supreme location on the Grand canal, those Bomboloni doughnuts at breakfast were amazing. Friendly staff willing to help with anything.

very disappointed stay in a 5star hotel in Venezia

We had booked 3 nights at this 5star Hotel. When we arrived late evening from an opera performance at la Fenice there was a wild party goinmg on with exteremly loud music in the courtyard. When we had booked the room there was no indication of this given to us (otherways we would have immediatley changed our booking). On our complaint at the reception the only Thing we got was that they didn't charge us for this night. Being back in our room you got the impression that the loudspeakers were just next door! When asking if there was no other party the next night; the answer was: no! However, even then when coming back from dinner there was again a noisy crowd in the Lounge and in the courtyard (film festival participants) which made the third evening unpleasant again. When checking out there was no apology at all. Never ever going back to this place!!

Very nice location; right at the Canal Grande and close to major attractions of Venezia. Nice welcome gift brought to our room immediately after having checked in.

Lovely hotel that perhaps needs a few things updating in the rooms.

The key system to the room flashed all the time. It was really bright when all the lights were off. We thought we had done something wrong so we called down to reception in the early hours but apparently it's like that in every room. It kept us awake. There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room. The iPod speaker was out of date as it used the old style connection. There was also a damp patch on the wall.

Really comfortable bed, great shower and the view was amazing. The communal spaces were well kept and the staff we great.

wonderful hotel with efficient staff.felt that functions more important than hotel guests

so many functions were held during evenings which made access for guests of the hotel difficult if not almost impossible.restaurant was closed for two evenings during our brief stay so had to rely on the excellent room service.breakfast is priced far too high and not good value.

room was very nice with a comfortable bed and excellent facilities and view.terrace was charming and loggia very nice

Elegant but too expensive!

My hourney started unpleasantly from the airport. I had asked for a private service from the airport to the hotel's own pier which costed me 200 Euros but the greeter never seemed in the area. I was tired and with a heavy suitcase and had to make 2 tours around and then had to call the from desk. Then they called him and he gave a destination and I was able to find him at last!!!! He did not seem happy with this job and was a kind of invisible with his body language. Although it is a very high price my room dis not overlook to the canal. If I wanted a view Had to pay an extra 450 Euros!!! Eggs were old in the breakfast menu and the eggs I ordered to be cooked were on extra charge!

The bed and toilettories are real good and comfortable. Shower and materials in the barhroom are so good. View from breakfast room is good. Location is good. You can walk to a very good restaurant easily from the hotel. Not my thing, but they offer chamagne in the brrakfast menu.

Excellent staff and excellent situation of hotel.

No complimentary water in room. Hall way a little dirty. Work outside on patio

Staff . Position of hotel . Breakfast over looking canal. Products in bathroom

The hotel was breathtaking!

The internet was very slow, and almost didn't work. Lastly, the air conditioner. It was good, but not the best.

This hotel was excellent. The Location was amazing, The staff were very friendly, and the food was mouth-watering! Our hotel suite was very comforting and cozy. The hotel was also very close to the waterbus station, and the Gondolas (a light flat-bottomed boat used on Venetian canals).

Excellent location and good overall

The location was excellent across the Grand Canal from San Marco Piazza. Water Bus stop one building away and gondola crossing 2 buildings away. Very convenient. The staff were very helpful and all spoke English. Breakfast buffet was well worth the money.

The worst 5 Stars hotel ever.

It was the worst "5 stars" hotel I have ever tried. No iron! They do not provide guests with iron! And the reason why they do not provide iron is for "security reasons"! What security reasons?! If you guys checked the room I stayed at I am pretty sure you will never stay at it. One of the sockets on the wall is damaged, it falls off from the wall! If they are really concerned about guest's safety and security they should have checked the damaged sockets before providing it to him. Its all for money, all they are concern about is MONEY. I will never recommend to anyone. Another thing! The bathroom door's lock is damaged as well, I had to stand for about two minutes trying just to close the door. It falls off from the door! The second day of my stay I asked them to clean my room and when I came back at night I found the room uncleaned! All the maid did is put new towels in the bathroom and put a piece of chocolates on each bed! They also don't provide food at night. They close at 12:00 AM and they only provide cold meals. It was simply a bad experience in Venice.

Excellent location.
    • Deluxe Double

Room 503 had no view. Looked at the roof of the property next door. Adequate. Shower over the bath which I hate!

good breakfast excellent evening dinner. Great terrace over the grand canal to enjoy a drink and watch the world go by. Quieter side of Venice but still close enough to St Marks square. Plenty of good restaurants nearby.

Nice location - shame about the hotel!
    • Deluxe Double

The room 209. Large but very dark as painted completely in dark brown. The bed was an accident waiting to happen. On a raised plinth almost a foot off the ground. Not good if you forget and need to get up during the night. Furnishing and decor very odd but a nice bright gold bathroom. Food in general very poor - especially breakfast. Stale bread, congealed scrambled eggs. Reconstituted, over sweetened orange juice. Lunch was better - spaghetti pomodoro. Room service burgers - grim!

The view of the Grand Canal. It's proximity to Damien Hirst exhibition.

Average hotel

The room was very average in my opinion not five star

Nothing really stood out left feeling underwhelmed and overcharged would not recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Wonderful views, quirky Hotel!!

Rooms were very modern, had a quirky vibe about them and the whole hotel. Breakfast was lovely, alot of choice and the views were incredible. Staff were so attentive and couldnt help you anymore!! It was my boyfriends 30th so they gave us a complimentary bottle of prosecco and strawberrys, very nice touch!!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Lovely contemporary hotel on the Grand Canal near the Salute vaporetto stop

Careful.Some work going on outside the hotel starting at 8.00AM at the moment.

Lovely contemporary hotel on the Grand Canal.Great design,Great breakfast.Great location in an area not overcrowded by tourists.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Romance and memories to last a lifetime!

The breakfast was excellent, with the staff extremely helpful, courteous, and professional. The front office staff, Emanuelle and Giulia, and the other two managers were exceptional in helping us navigate Venice. Emanuelle recommended that we visit the glass factory at Murano, and we were so glad we did. Giulia was professional, courteous and very helpful in providing us information on where to eat in Venice, where to shop, etc. Excellent hotel! My wife and I just loved our stay there. We stayed in #201. This amazing room had a balcony that looked out onto the Grand Canal! Easily the most romantic hotel!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Wonderful hotel. Highly recommended. I will be back!

Fantastic hotel in a great location in front of all the main attractions but in a quiet setting. It is a small oasis of calm in the midst of a busy Venice! It was great to be steps away from Salute and the Peggy Guggenheim collection. Staff are wonderful and having a morning coffee by the grand canal was very special.

Excellent hotel, location, staff and service

The lighting around the wardrobe was very poor and automatically switched off at the worst possible moment

Every member of staff we came into contact with were happy to help with any small request we made, excellent service, excellent attitude.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Room With A View!!!
    • Superior Junior Suite

No water in the room and considering the price of the stay that should have been included. When we asked though the staff arranged for water for us. The drinks in the bar are very expensive.

The staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a grand canal suite which was fantastic. Certainly a room with a view! Suite 401.

For me at 74 years staying at The Sina Centurion Palace Hotel in Venice was one of

I was disappointed the price didn't include breakfast but this was no fault of the Hotel's but rather booking. com

Have been to Venice 6 times! Sina Centurion Palace was very expensive but for me quite the best. My daughter and I had a roof top view of the Grand Canal. It was bliss having breakfast outside watching the vaporettas pass bye.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Perfect, overlooking the grand canal, the lapping of the water as your lullaby
    • Deluxe Double

we found out later that the rooms are cleaned late in the day, thus when we returned for a break in the afternoon the room was not made up. Bit of a surprise. We checked with reception and clarified the rooms are cleaned 1-3 pm but you can ask for it to be done early, good to know

Great location and venue we had breakfast and then spent the time exploring could not ask for more.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Perfect hotel with excellent service

Access to the other side across the canal is difficult at night. Have to walk far to get to the bridge to cross. It is far when you are tired and jet lagged and after a good meal.

Everything! Perfect hotel and beautiful decor with a perfect room. Junior suite with stunning view of the Grand Canal.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

A holiday and anniversary to remember with great happiness.
    • Superior Junior Suite

As there are no carpets we found the guests on the floor above us were rather noisy. High heels clonking over the tiled floor which kept us awake. Maybe staff could make guests aware of this.

The hotel is situated on the Grand Canal. The friendliness & efficiency of all staff. The extra touches as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Easy access to all the major sites of interest. The breakfasts are delicious with plenty of choice including fresh fruit which I always enjoy.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Not worth the price

It's definitely not 5star and you definitely don't get what you pay for. We stayed here for 3 nights after staying in Rome for 2 nights in another 5 star. Very disappointing, the room was tiny and the bathroom was horrible, covered in mould & when you run the bath it sprays water everywhere & takes ages! Even though we only booked the superior double there's nothing "superior" about it, they definitely try and make it sound better than it is. Overpriced...

The staff were very friendly and always remembered you which was nice. Easy to get everywhere.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

This is not in any way a real luxury hotel.
    • Deluxe Double

Designed for effect rather than function or convenience. Problem with heating in our room was reported multiple times and nothing done. Cracked mirror in bathroom. Unhelpful staff.

Only the location

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Lovely stay in Venice again

Lounges weren't very comfortable or plentiful. Bar food was limited and very expensive.

Fantastic staff, especially Elvira in the lounge, lovely breakfast. Superb location.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Venetian Splendour

The restaurant in the hotel was highly over-priced. The food was good but not exceptional and certainly did not justify the very high prices

Stunning location- a fantastic way to experience this city

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Unforgettable moments

Could have been better: the common service area (corridors, lift); the dining room wall decoration is without any doubt what I would suggest to modify/change. That amazing food and wine deserves more!

The architecture of the palace, its facade, its lighting, the kindness, manners and availability of the staff. The room was very comfortable in terms of space arrangement and decoration (for example: a super comfortable bed etc..), Antinoo's (the hotel's restaurant) dishes and the wine suggested by the maitre were amazing!

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

A dream stay in a dream place

Dining room too small for the number of rooms at breakfast time. There could also have been a wider choice for breakfast

Very nice and helpful staff, very comfortable rooms, very nice location

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

A wondertul stay that was made exceptional by the dedication of the hotel staff

1. Kindness and helpfulness of the staff 2. Location close to everything but in a quiet part of the city 3. Beautiful mix of a historic palace with a modern interior

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Location on Grand Canal.
    • Deluxe Double

Air conditioning doesn't allow individual room control. The bedroom was cold and eventually we needed an additional electric heater. Other guests had the same complaint

Location on Grand Canal. Stylish interior. Cleanliness

Nice and luxurious

I would be happy to stand on warm bedside rugs when I wake up. Some heaters or blankets would be perfect on the terrace at night.

Architecture, multilingual personal. Excellent reception. Nicest court.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Luxurious stay on the Grand Canal
    • Deluxe Double

As a frequent traveller, I found the hotel prices in Venice not to be for the faint hearted.

Great Palazzo hotel with top notch reception and concierge. We relied significantly on the front of house to organise our day trips and dinners and the recommendations made were excellent. They really helped to get the most out of our 4 days in Venice! The room was spacious and peaceful.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

This is not a 5 star hotel

There wasn't much to like, the staff were false, no mention of our honeymoon, broken toilet, dirty dark corridors and elevator, would not stay here again unless the price dropped to low 4 star prices

Location was away from the madding crowd and good views Cafe latte was good

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Great hotel, but disappointing reception/concierge

The gym was located on the top floor and apparently was not properly insulated. The opening hours were extremely limited due to the noise problems which was very inconvenient since we couldn't visit it before we left in the morning. Also, on our second day there we asked the reception/concierge to suggest to us a good restaurant for a late dinner, they said they would call us at our room in the next half hour with the suggestion and they never did. The next day we asked for a phone charger, they brought us one that wasn't working and then told us " sorry, this was the only one we have".

The room and bathroom(!) were very stylish! The balcony of the restaurant/bar overlooked the canal and it was magical!!!!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Very nice stay and would return!

Good breakfast with free flow sparkling wine, great location, very comfortable bedroom with two separate rooms for shower and bath plus a huge terrace, excellent amenities and friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

A stylish and unmissable spot in Venice
    • Deluxe Junior Suite with Grand Canal View

The service was just fine but not good enough for such a beautiful place. Said that i have to acknoledge that this is unfortunately a widespread feature in Venice and compared to the Danieli the service of the Centurion is great

The hotel is in an amazing building beautifully and artistically refurbished. Although you have to take a taxi to get to piazza San marco i like the location as it is quieter and at few meters from the Guggenheim museum. I did not eat at the restaurant but it is stylish and cosy. I slept in a junior suite on Canal Grande, really nice.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Perfect two nights in Venice

Really nothing to complain about! If you want to be picky - selection of food at breakfast can be better. Scrambled eggs and croissants were especially bland and tasteless. Be careful with those designer taps if opened fully you will water yourself ! :) Beware of seagulls while eating outside - they are after your food

Amazing location. Private dock right @ Grand Canal means easy access irrespective of tide. Fantastic room design & very smart layout - enough space for two and LOTS of luggage. Perfect 5* helpful staff around the clock. Great restaurant overlooking the water and an excellent bar. Great views on st marco square. Cudos to concierge for their flawless restaurant recommendations.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

A quiet oasis just a short walk / gondola away from St. Marks

Excellent modern hotel well placed for easy access to St. Marks but without the hassle of overly populated tourists. There is even a E2 gondola running between the hotel and the Gritti Palace, when you are tired of walking!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Excellent hotel

The location of the hotel is great. It is directly on the grand Canal, the view is incredible!We liked specifically the dining area out overlooking the canal, very nice to have breakfast or any meal watching the bouts and Gondolas passing by in front of you, very relaxing view.

It was conveniently located and room was really clean

It was conveniently located and room was really clean

Fantastic

Need more English channels on the TV

Location amazing

An excellent hotel with very helpful staff and luxury interiors.

Luxury standard rooms; very quiet location although busy on grand canal.

room a little small

room a little small

Perfect location in Venice.

Location, beautiful restored building & attentive staff capturing the ambiance of Venice.

Beautiful hotel in tranquil location

Beautiful hotel in tranquil location

Everything best hotel ever, service excellent , clean...

Everything best hotel ever, service excellent , clean Beautiful decor all the best

Beautiful, comfortable and welcoming.

Everything was great!

The staff were wonderful!!!

We were upgraded to a suite.
    • Deluxe Double

We were upgraded to a suite. Manager sent us a bottle of prosecco.Very nice!

friendly

lift size

friendly

Beautiful old Palazzo, just far enough away from the hordes.
    • Deluxe Junior Suite with Grand Canal View

It was my sixth visit to the Centurion Palace. I think that says everything really.

Great location, beautiful building.

Breakfast was very expensive for what it was

Great place to stay in Venice for special treat.
    • Deluxe Junior Suite with Grand Canal View

Noisy heating/air-con that wouldn’t turn off,

Stunning location and views. Helpful, professional staff.

Breakfast wasn’t quite as incredible as the rest of the...

Breakfast wasn’t quite as incredible as the rest of the experience.

Ok but not amazing
    • Deluxe Double

Room v small and step in room that was extremely dangerous for tripping/ falls

just amazing
    • Deluxe Junior Suite with Grand Canal View

just amazing all was just great. from service to food. room was unbelievable.

A fantastic hotel with efficient and friendly service

A fantastic hotel with efficient and friendly service

The best hotel I’ve ever said in with the best view!

Location, room, staff, breakfast

Deluxe junior suites with Grand Canal view are outstanding!
    • Deluxe Junior Suite with Grand Canal View

Deluxe junior suites with Grand Canal view are outstanding!

Browse Sina Centurion Palace traveller photo gallery