Reviews of Hotel Club Sabbiadoro 4 stars

Località Lago Snc, 84091 Battipaglia, Italy

#6 of 7 hotels in Battipaglia

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Surprise revisit after 34 years!

Nothing wrong with the hotel, but on booking.com it said "In great demand - only one room left." Well, we stayed there 3 days, and we were the only guests there . As this was off season, the resaurant was closed. We also had some problems to find it, as the Tom Tom could not find the adress.

I got a pleasant surprise. 34 years ago I worked in the region for a couple of months and I stayed in one hotel for a long time. I wanted to revisit the region, but the hotel I stayed in then, hotel Bussola, didn´t seem to exist,but hotel Sabbadiero seemed to be near, thats why I booked it. At the hotel I told the mannager that I had stayed in the area for a long time. He asked where I stayed, and i said Hotel Bussola. "But that is this hotel!" he said. The same hotel, but it had changed name. We had a big room with a huge terazze.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

The room was clean and the beach was close

Location was in the middle of nowhere, the pool was closed even if it was mentioned in the booking, the restaurant did not have proper menu, the was the "sea view" room however we couldn't see sea because of too dirty windows :)

The room was clean and the beach was close

• Reviewed: 30 May 2015

It was just in front of the beach and there is a swimming...

Coffee on breakfast comes from machine and tastes as barley coffee instead of real coffee, an insult to legitimate italian coffee. I never had bad coffee in Italy until this time. On the first morning, the pastries were dry, nothing fresh (no fruits, yogurt, etc.). Cleanliness: way below minimal, only bed linen and towels were spotless. Inside wardrobe was dirty and even toilette seat had some disgusting "drops", shower cabin has plenty of mold, etc. Facilities: needing some maintenance, "private beach area" did not have the chairs and umbrella they advertise - low season, they explain, but it would have been good to know it beforehand. We could go to the sand, but their area looked like a dump yard with garbage bags in the background, and in the last day i saw toilette paper with poo laying around, that was too much!! Surroundings: no restaurants around were open, hard to find where to eat (several km away, car needed). Actually you would not want to walk around anyway, there were prostitutes around and some more strange (unfriendly) people. Very disappointing, don't go there at least on low season.

It was just in front of the beach and there is a swimming pool. Staff is friendly and tried to help in general.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2015

Value,location, breakfast, front desk manager.

It was not clear that there was an extra cost for beach access until check-in.

Value,location, breakfast, front desk manager.

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.