Reviews of Golden Tulip Rome Airport Isola Sacra 4 stars

Via della Scafa, 416, 00054 Fiumicino, Italy

#7 of 24 hotels in Fiumicino

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Wonderful convenience to airport and very nice hotel, great price

The only downside is the beds are not uncomfortable but not great.

Very pretty hotel. We arrived too late to use it but there was a pretty pool outside. Other guests mentioned how good the restaurant was. Breakfast in the morning was very generous, served in a lovely space. The rooms are clean and up to date.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Nice staff.

The south wing of this hotel is not worthy of 4 stars. Very old mattress, uncomfortable and noisy bed. No watercooker in the room. One pubic hair in the bed. Swimmingpool closed. Minimal breakfast.

Nice staff. North wing nice.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

This was an excellent place to stay the night before a...
    • Suite

This was an excellent place to stay the night before a flight from Rome. The hotel was relatively easy to find. Parking was next to the hotel The room was comfortable and the restaurant was actually quite good. The hotel is quite convenient to the airport.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Basically OK for one night stopover

The only hotel I’ve ever stayed at that has no cups or glasses in the room or bathroom and does not provide any tissues. The breakfast was very basic. The only eggs were undercooked scrambled eggs. Every hotel breakfast has always offered a hard boiled egg in addition to whatever else they provided. Not a very impressive breakfast by any means.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Close to the Airport

The dinner was good but in my opinion expensive, I did not like the bed. For the price I paid I would have expected a better room.

Shuttle Bus was very convenient, garden and swimming pool area was very nice. I was looking for a hotel close to the airport and fulfilled its function.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Wonderful hotel!! (don't judge it by the pink color on the outside front)

Hotel shuttles, when offered, are normally included in the price of your room. We were not informed until checkout that this was an additional charge. Nowhere on the Booking.com site did it say that this was an additional charge. Though the cost was minimal, 6 euros each, it was not a pleasant "surprise" at checkout.

The outdoor space is absolutely beautiful! We had traveled from Amalfi to Salerno to Fumencino via boat, trains and hotel shuttle. We were tired and wilted so after a quick shower we retired in the outdoor area to wait for our dinner reservations and enjoyed a cocktail. The environment there was stunning and peaceful with several small groups doing the same. The dining area was beautifully designed and tastefully accented. Our table was reserved for us and we were pleasantly surprised at the wonderful dinner selections offered. Each dish was tasty and presented with style by a wonderful wait-staff. Honestly, if we had known just how wonderful this hotel was we may have opted for two nights here rather than one. Will definitely use again!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Nice pool!

Nice pool! Close to airport! The shuttle to town and they can hold luggage while you travel to other locations, after you check out. ...Thank You!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

We had a very good stay. Beautiful property.

The only thing I wish was they had at least some free coffee in the morning and even bread and fruit for those that have an early flight. The reason why we stayed there was because we had an early flight and free breakfast but there was nothing to take with us. I have stayed in places that will give you croissants and coffee and fruits when you have an early flight and that would have been really nice. Other than that, no regrets. Will pick this hotel in the future in I go back to Rome.

We stayed there to catch an early flight. We were very hungry but the restaurant was not open until 7:00 at night so we made a reservation for 7:30. The front desk person was not the friendliest but she wasn't rude either. She told us there was nothing to do near the hotel so pretty much all we could do was wait until 7:30 to eat. Room was clean and the property was beautiful. The shuttle took us to the airport in the morning.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Clean, comfortable, convenient to airport, pleasant, good food, and excellent value for the money
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

Both times I stayed the shower didn't drain. Although the food is delicious, the service in the restaurant can be slow. Nothing noteworthy nearby. Visitors to Rome might prefer to be closer in.

The hotel was very clean. The beds are very comfortable, the room darkening curtains work well, it was very quiet, so I slept very well. The deluxe rooms with the balcony overlooking the hotel were very pleasant, although the pool is only open May through September. It's convenient to the airport (about a 10 minute ride.) You can reserve their shuttle (8 euros per person to the airport when I went) and that worked efficiently. The breakfast was fine, though not exceptional. I ate dinner both nights in the restaurant, and the food was excellent. I would definitely stay there again for the same purpose. My favorite aspect was that for 30 euros extra I was able to check in at 9 AM instead of at the usual 2 PM. I am not a happy flier, and typically arrive in Europe exhausted after an overnight flight, so the opportunity to shower and nap instead of staggering around in a daze while waiting to check in is a saving grace.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

We were looking mostly for convenience to the airport. Great for that.

Service in the restaurant was bad, felt like an understaffed diner. Drain in the shower was completely stopped up, amazing that hadn't been noticed by the cleaning staff and resolved. We reported it. Breakfast looked good.

Location near the airport was very convenient, shuttle was great

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Airport Shuttle a DISASTER! very badly organized

Airport shuttle a disaste! No instructions on their website of where to go, On 4th call I managed to speak to someone at reception (3 calls unanswered!) who told me to go to Terminal 3, and in front of Door 4, cross the taxi lane to go look for their airport shuttle in parking place No 2. Supposedly it was coming at 8:30pm and the frequency is every 45 minutes. I called again when it was 25 minutes late, no answer again. Other vans were coming w name of hotel clearly marked. One black van arrived and parked in place no 1, and people going to the "Chopin" hotel were told "Yes this is the one" and they boarded, then others going to "Best Western" were told to board. I lived in Milan for years and speak italian and asked the driver in Italian if he was going to the Golden Tulip, he shrugged and gave a look as if to say "its not my official run but maybe I'll do you a favor and take you".... At parking place no 2, still nothing! At the end of the day, he took 3 of us saying he would leave us off at the Golden Tulip, it was the third and last stop, I had been waiting over an hour. Morning ride to airport equally chaotic, long lines at Rome Fiumicino, GO EARLY, as the morning driver dropped us off at the airport I saw that on the front windshield of the black van (see photos), there are very SMALL signs w the name of these three hotels. Apparently this had been our "official" van!!! Other hotels like the Holiday Inn had a posted sign at the bus stop area w schedule, most other hotels had their names on the vans clearly displayed and painted in large letters on the side of the bus of shuttle vehicle. VERY BADLY Organized. Ruined evening, got in after 10 pm, no room service menu in room, went down to restaurant to place order, had to wait 30 min and was given my order w no plates or real silverware but spaghetti thrown into a cardboard box!

Rooms ok,

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Vicinity to airport.

They need to recalibrate their weight scale for luggage. According to their scale (which you have to pay 1e) it had me an my travel companions under the 23k max. Upon arrival at check in we were all over the 23k max. Wasn’t impressed.

Vicinity to airport. Restaurant Pool

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

We dod't get to eat breakfast, but the room was clean,...

We dod't get to eat breakfast, but the room was clean, the whole building was modern and well maintained. I would recommend this hotel - I loved the restaurant although it was pricy. The staff there were pretty good although couldn't understand english that well.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

We had one night...that's enough and I wouldn't do it again.

The bathroom was so small, you had to put your knees under the sink to sit on the toilet! No blanket or top sheet....bedspread not very clean. No place to put your suitcase. Very tight quarters. We should have booked a larger room. We had to wait a long time for the shuttle bus to the hotel from the airport.

good coffee and yogurt

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Reception staff were helpful and pleasant.

The staff at the Italian Restaurant were not very helpful. After making a booking for the evening meal, we received a table in the busy thoroughfare where the food was served by. When we asked for reseating we were basically robbed of with a shrug, and take it or leave it attitude. Having got over the frustration, the meal was good when it eventually came.

Reception staff were helpful and pleasant. Rooms were clean and functional.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Clean and modern, good for one night’s stay.

Expensive and difficult to get into central Rome if you wanted to do that. Heavy traffic to airport- leave at least a half hour for a 10- minute trip. ( May have been due to local construction). Don’t eat dinner there if you don’t have to- grossly overpriced- but nice breakfast included.

Clean, modern facility. Shuttle from airport.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Decent stay, served our purpose as an airport hotel. would not use as an extended stay hotel

in the rooms we could hear people above us, to the side and in the hall. Not insulated enough to keep the noise out.. pool was already closed for the year which was disappointing, because we would have liked to use the hot tub

Good location Good Food

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Robert & Natalie in Italy

The location and the sign at the airport. The sign must be more visible. A lot of people was looking for it at the airport.

The room was nice. But not the view.

Close to the airport good shuttle service

We had our room above the restaurant/bar they play loud music late that night. It was not nice because we had to wake up early the next morning

Close to the airport good shuttle service

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

quick check-in and cehck-out, clean and good bathroom...
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

some of the ilghts (eg balcony) couldn't be switched off, bed cover and some of the textile in teh room was worn-out, no glasses in the room - teh room service asked for 5 Euro service charge to bring them up, breakfast was very basic

quick check-in and cehck-out, clean and good bathroom facilities

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

I will stay somewhere else next time.

The reception staff were unfriendly and not helpful. The linens on the bed weren’t comfortable. The service in the restaurant was extremely slow, and the breakfast was horrible. Fake eggs, greasy bacon, packaged foods. You have to pay for the airport shuttle, and they pack too many people in.

The dinner in the restaurant is good food. The location is convenient but farther from the airport than I expected.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Convenient & beautiful outside grounds in the back.

having to use your room key to keep the lights on. i wanted to eat on the veranda by the pool, but the wait staff said i couldn't order dinner outside but I could order room service.

The room was clean. Check in and check out were prompt. The restaurant although I didn't eat there was very crowded and had a beautiful atmosphere. You need a reservation for the restaurant even if you are staying there. The food looked delicious. The only strange situation was you have to insert your room key into something on the wall to keep the lights on in your room. The guy who came up to help me seemed annoyed that I didn't know that's all it took to put the lights back on. There was a scale to weigh your luggage by the elevator which cost one euro. I loved going to the airport with piece of mind knowing I wasn't going to be charged because my luggage was under weight.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Location go airport.

The prices on the restaurant menu expensive. You are way out away from everything so there is no choice but to eat there!

Location go airport. The grounds were lovely.the beds were comfortable!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

The pool area is attractive and the hotel decor is light...

The breakfast choice and quality is not up to standard. Croissants tough and tasteless. Little fresh fruit. Cold bacon. The fan in En suite stayed on for hours, the lights on the balcony are on all night. Frequency of shuttle could be better.

The pool area is attractive and the hotel decor is light airy and interesting. Rooms are spacious with excellent shower.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Nice hotel not only before your flight but also for a few night stay around the area indeed!!!

All was good

We liked the nice and clean hotel inside. We liked the staff of the hotel that was kind and helpfull and the checking process was fast Also they have an amazing resturant that we did a take away with room service that arrived fast and was tasty! But a llitle exspensive. The room was vey nice and clean and we had a terasa with it and with a pool view that was nice as well! The pool is nice and clean but cold and you can use it or set next by it. I reccomend!! The parking is cheap and is 5 euro for 24 hours and that is great.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

While your room will affect your opinion, this is a good hotel with good amenities and great staff.

We didn't like the noisy first bedroom we were given (noise from a faulty air-conditioning fan, I think, that wouldn't turn off). This room was also quite squeezy. Thankfully a staff member was able to move us, and even tho' this happened quite late in our stay, we did manage to get a few hours of good sleep thanks to the late check-out.

We were moved to a lovely room with comfortable beds and good pillows and more space. The breakfast was very good. The restaurant and café within the complex were also very good. The pool looked lovely, and if the weather had been hotter - and the pool was open - it would have been a welcome bonus. As it was, in the evening we enjoyed sipping a wine in the garden. I'd suggest you ask for a room overlooking the pool, if possible.

Not happy

I explained it all in the statement above

They gave us the worst room in the house. It had dead flys on window sill. The noise from the upper floor was terrible. We heard there conversations and blowing their nose. Kids running up and down hallway in mornings. I told front desk about the room and they did nothing. They told us every place we wanted to go around there you had to use their shuttle which the prices were way to much. We spent one hundred dollars on thuttles I asked if there was a bus and they said no. We had to go to airport and take it from there after you pay 6 euroseach person each way to take public transportation. I found out the day we were leaving there was a public bus service across the street. You need to make sure the people that work there are more truthful with your guests. We spent a lot of money at that location between the room restaurant and the transportation. I was very disappointed. I hope someone reads this and compensate us for all the inconveniences. Thank you if your reading this. Lorraine Lacalandra

Proximity to Airport

No blankets in room No tissues Breakfast very ordinary Should offer free airport shuttle Evening dinner menu quite limited but good Pizza

Proximity to Airport Large room for triple for overnight Pool access

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

A friendly, clean convenient airport stay.

We heard some early morning showers above our bedroom early morning.

Very helpful staff going above and beyond. Great shuttle service to the airport. Restaurant open until 11pm which is great for late arrivals like we were.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The place was great very well kept loverly hotel.

They promote there Italian Restaurant which it seems is very popular but after being seated never saw a waiter for over 30 mins , we were hungry so left and found a Pizza Place down the street very disappointed.

The place was great very well kept loverly hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Hotel staff were very nice, and facilities convenient.

head waiter was rude and disrespectful when we wanted to move our chairs closer together. He spoiled an otherwise pleasant evening.

Hotel staff were very nice, and facilities convenient.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Orverall our stay was pleasant and would reccomend if staying close to the airport

The room and bathroom was a bit small. You could hear noises from above floor

The property was clean and the employees were professional. The breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Close to the airport.

Showers not hot enough

Close to the airport. Shuttle bus service to the airport. Comfortable beds. Good breakfast. Nice swimming pool. Prices for rooms are good value. Dinner at the hotel is expensive - better to eat out!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

It was great having an beer sat around the pool on a warm...

Shuttle service was late picking up from airport and on one occasion i could not get it and ended up having to pay for taxi. I also thought the restaurant menu was limited and didn't offer anything very exciting.

It was great having an beer sat around the pool on a warm evening. The shuttle service to airport and conference centre ( Fiera di Roma) was a bonus and simplified things when it worked, although I think it would be very reliable for picking up from the hotel to the airport.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Very good . .we would go back
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

We had a comfortable room overlooking the pool with a balcony. The grounds are lovely and the pool was very much in use with an outside bar, and everyone was having a good time. As well the breakfast was very good and the restaurant attracted locals; the restaurant was busy and reservations were needed to get a table! We would certainly go back, even to use the hotel to visit Rome which is not that far away with a shuttle.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Great overnight stay at the Golden Tulip

Our room had a slanted ceiling and the bed was positioned under it. We would have hit our head every time we got up. So we moved the bed. Awkward setup

Free parking nice restaurant we had a great dinner.. We were only there for an overnight in left the next morning but it had a beautiful pool. Shuttle to airport and into Rome. We would stay there again. Also great value

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Golden Tulip represents good value for people needing a comfortable overnight stay prior to flying.

In terms of the Hotel itself, nothing to dislike. It’s location is a bit tricky to find even with SatNav. Not helped by roadworks which closed a road.

Comfortable room and pleasant dining and pool area made the Golden Tulip an excellent final stop before an early flight out of Fiumicino. Good coffee at breakfast. All staff were polite helpful and efficient.

Okay if you have to

A bit dull and old fashioned. Handle your own luggage, as nobody is around. Reminded me of boarding school. Meh.

I stayed there for 5 hours, waiting for my flight. It was okay. I got to sleep and have a shower at least, which is what I needed. The airport transfer was easy and on time. Maybe they should offer a half-day rate for travelers.

Great Start, disappointing ending

The biggest issue I had with the Hotel was on the Monday night. We had planned to eat dinner in the Hotel that evening but could not book a table due to an event being on. Whilst disappointed, it was not a huge issue. However, when we got back from our Dinner elsewhere, we decided to go for a drink in the bar being it our last night in the Hotel. When we arrived in the Bar, we were told by one member of staff that we couldn't get a drink at the bar due to an event that was being staged. Whilst I thought this pretty poor, the guy did direct is to an outside bar that had been set up for the night. Whilst that was ok, I suppose, imagine our disappointment when the bar only served the drinks in plastic glasses and they had the nerve to charge me full price for a small beer in a plastic glass. Definitely not welcome in my opinion. We paid the same price for the same drinks in the bar the previous evening and that was for a medium beer, (not a small one), so we felt cheated. I felt that the customer was very definitely second that evening and it made us feel a wee but unwelcome, as the guest obviously wasn't number 1 when you had an event to support. We met with other customers in the Ristorante that we had dinner in that might who were also told that they also couldn't dine in the hotel that evening, so we were not alone. It is a great place to stay, but please show your guests more respect than what you gave us and others last Monday evening. Apart from the last night being a bit ruined, it was a pleasant stay.

The Hotel was nice and clean, and the Breakfast was very good. Swimming pool was adequate for Hotel as most visitors were short stays. All the staff were most welcoming.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Nice Hotel for a Fast Layover and Connect Flights.

The Hotel need to update the information about Shuttle Bus Pick-Up Point at the FCO Airport. It is not very clear and not so easy to find.

Nice Hotel to do a fast layover and connect flights. Shuttle service works fine. Silent Room and enough for 1 or 2 nights.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The worse experience ever!! For the beginning, I expected from 4 starts hotel much better service. They arranged party in the restaurant and music was so loud, it was not possible to sleep at all. The staff have not really showed much empathy, they kept saying that all rooms are booked and they can not do anything about it. It was not possibly to make music less loud. Disco has been continued up to 1 am. I am a regular traveler and visiting different level of the hotel all around the world. However, this experience I am going to remember for a long. Btw, only pizza was available for a dinner because of that party... i don’t understand how 4 starts hotel could not inform their guests about such a party in advance?

Nothing!!!

Okay and close to the FCO (Rome) airport.
    • Superior Twin Room with Terrace

I think the restaurant was expensive. Also the sheets weren't changed daily. Construction on a nearby street caused traffic delays, but I think that is a temporary issue.

Fast check-in, nice room with view of the pool. The restaurant was nice.

Most expensive meal we had in two weeks of travelling in...

Service was poor. Two elderly sisters travelling on there own did not get the same attention as couples or young attractive people.

Most expensive meal we had in two weeks of travelling in Italy. pasta was ok but not worth the price.

Relaxing overnight and easy commute to airport in the morning.

Hard to find the shuttle service at the airport.

Picked the hotel for it's location near the airport. The location is not ideal for sightseeing. It has comfortable rooms, great facilities. We found the airport shuttle convenient, though pricey. The breakfast is excellent.

The location to the airport was really why we picked the...

It can get noisy from other people around 4.00am with them packing up to catch a flight

The location to the airport was really why we picked the property. The facilities provided gave us a chance to relax before beginning our flights home. The rooms are quite large with great facilities

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Good jumping off point for trip home

The surrounding neighborhood seemed seedy on our short walk in the neighborhood. A few marinas nearby, but no access to waterfront that we discovered.

Very nice hotel grounds with pool and outdoor restaurant and lounge. Spacious, well organized lobby and breakfast area. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and the shuttle service was good.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Adequate for the money, but no more than adequate.

The mattress was miserable. The bedspread was shabby. The room was small.

Renato, at the front desk, was extremely helpful and enthusiastic in suggesting a restaurant.

Good airport hotel

It’s a great location for departing and/or arriving from Fiumicino airport. It’s a relaxing spot with a pool and lounges, shuttle service and decent food. We always stay here when we need an airport hotel in Rome.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Beautiful hotel near airport,nice staff great pool.
    • Superior Twin Room with Terrace

A bit expensive , need car or taxi to get around area and nearby town but provides shuttle to airport and Rome for a fee.

Beautiful hotel near airport,nice staff great pool. Area is residential and takes 15 minutes to get to Fiumicino city by car .a lot of short term stays going to and from airport . Good breakfast.

Staff welcoming.

Finding shuttle bus from airport took longer than expected. But it took just 10 mins to find the stop so not too bad.

Staff welcoming. The dinner was nice and fairly priced. Internet was good.

Breakfast was ok
    • Suite

We checked in late at night. The staff wasn't welcoming at all. We reserved a suite with a bathtub since we have a baby and got a suite with a shower. None of the staff members smiles there!!!

Breakfast was ok

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Disappointed with my dinner which was the Carbonara.
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

Disappointed with my dinner which was the Carbonara.. very dry and not at all creamy .. I’m pretty it was not expedited correctly.. there was a couple that sat next to me after I arrived... he received the Carbonara that should have been to me... I ordered long before them....I was given No attention in this Restaurant.. yes people alone most of the time I find, are overlooked. I did let my waiter know of my disappointment.... The Poperty itself was SO enjoyable!!! Thank you

Great value hotel close to the airport!
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

While it did not upset us; when seated for dinner a waiter passed by with three menus (there were four of us) and dropped all three stacked together on our table in front of one of our friends without even stopping to hand them individually out or stopping at all. It did not spoil the meal, which was very good, however it was very unprofessional.

Good value hotel with a very affordable shuttle service to and from the location. Great Staff who are sincerely interested in assisting. Breakfast was typical European style no better or worse than anywhere else. Bed was large and comfortable as was the room with a view of the pool. We'd stay here again with hesitation.

One of the best airport hotels that we have ever stayed in during our vacation travels.

Room was spacious and spotlessly clean, as was the bath. The breakfast was more than just a croissant and cup of coffee and was presented in a large and comfortable dining space. Shuttle service to the airport was excellent. Friendly and welcoming staff throughout the property.

We had a great experience at the Golden Tulip.
    • Suite

We had a great experience at the Golden Tulip. We stayed one night as we were flying out early the following day. We ate in Fumicello which is a 5 minute drive to the beach. We had our two kids with us and had almost two bedrooms within our suite. It worked out great! The free shuttle to the airport was a welcome addition! Grazie!

Nice surprise as it wasn’t what we expected for the great...

The pool, bar and dining area was great after a long flight. Room was clean and tidy.

Nice surprise as it wasn’t what we expected for the great price.

We organised a private transfer to the port terminal however...

We organised a private transfer to the port terminal however we were told we had to share with a bus full of americans and were only given a 10 Euro saving. very unhappy as we had no choice

We love the relaxing atmosphere, proximity to the airport & service.
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

Ala Carte lunch & dinner menu options inconsistent, ranging from excellent entrees to poorly presented appetizers, ie. anchovy app served in can for an absurd price. Garde Manger improvement sorely needed. Plastic menu in such an elegant space seemed inappropriate. Obvious change in kitchen staff/management from our last stay in 2017. The staff service, however, was excellent. Having worked in the industry for 35 years, I am very detail oriented. Perhaps it was just a bad day in the kitchen.

Excellent Breakfast with plenty of healthy food options. Attentive professional staff. Food refreshed regularly. Appreciated espresso & cappuccino availability, as well as the option to include in the room price.

Rome airport stay

First room I was given stank of smoke, I had requested a non smoking room. Was assured it was a non smoking room ..however requested an upgrade at my expense was given a lovely room with balcony and views overlooking the pool. Well worth the extra€15 per night.

The pool, area around it very well kept, clean. Lovely gardens. Restaurant very good and all staff very pleasant and helpful.

Relaxing and enjoyable way to round off our tour through Italy.

Nothing I didn’t like

Clean secure and very pleasant environment. Proximity to airport made travel via train to Rome central convenient. Also convenient for our flight home.

clean and modern, helpful staff, nice pool.

room small.

clean and modern, helpful staff, nice pool. Airport shuttle was good, but be aware of operating times and make a reservation for the shuttle. Also allow extra time riding the shuttle as it also goes to other properties.

GOLDEN TULIP STOPOVER
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

Nothing bad to say really. It is a great hotel for a stopover.

The pool was great after a very long couple of flights from Australia. The bar and restaurant were very good also.

Impressions

Overall, it is a nice hotel in the airport area. Very practical if you travel overseas the day after.

The staff were prompt to face some unexpected problems. A plumber was sent on midnight, and when I asked for some form of refund for the inconvenience they kindly offered me free transport to the airport for my family and deducted some small amount from the price.

A lovely hotel with a friendly family, that takes pride and pleasure in assisting their guests.
    • Superior Twin Room with Terrace

The Golden Tulip continues to update and improve the hotel. There is a children's playground and a new outdoor bar that is very nice. The staff are outstanding and we enjoy our time each time we stay.

• Superior Double Room with Terrace

The hotel is close to the airport and there is a transfer service available to and from the airport. It makes it quite convenient. You just need to be aware of traffic conditions as there were roadworks on the roads around the hotel which impacted on getting to the airport.

Great resort-like pool/bar area & restaurant

Carpet in hall could be upgraded. Front exterior of building needs to be refreshed

Resort like pool & bar area very nice. On site restaurant was very good.

Truly a good experience, value and service is outstanding.

Being from the USA, we were confused with the room keycard system and that it operates the air conditioning and lighting. We put the keycard in and adjusted the air. We spent possibly ten minutes in the room and then went down to the restaurant, which meant we had to take the key card. By the time we returned, the room was stuffy again. We are very energy conscious, but know to ask for two room keys in the future.

We had an unexpected flight delay in Rome. We would not spend $272 euros for 7 hours at the Airport Hilton. Booking.com listed the Golden Tulip as 2.6 miles from airport with great reviews and shuttle service. Via Taxi, we arrived after 10:30 p.m. and were delighted with the hotel, the agent that checked us in and the overall look and cleanliness. Our anxiety was eased with the shuttle information. In addition, the restaurant was still open and we were able to have a delicious late dinner. In the morning, we also had time for a quick bite before our leave to the airport. We couldn't believe the variety of breakfast foods available to the guests. So much food !!

Hotel is near the airport, so if your flight is in the...

location wise its only the hotel, watch TV, enjoy company if you are with your partner. thats about it. if want go somewhere then need to Geta taxi.

Hotel is near the airport, so if your flight is in the morning its a good choice, we wanted to catch our flight in the morning so we just stayed for a night, its far from city and near by its nothing much. but we had a dinner in there restaurant which is located near the pool was good,cool and relaxing, food was ok as we already had pizzas for whole week.

It was very nice but we have stayed in nicer places for the cost.

Room was very small for the money. No balcony. Restaurant didn’t open for dinner until 7:30 PM. For Americans this is quite late.

The food was delicious. The room was very clean!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Rooms not as described and very inadequate and front desk service not very friendly.

The room was very small and some furniture had a door hanging off the hinge. If you sat on the toilet, you were under the sink and it was completely inadequate. I had to request another room and pay more for it. The rate I selected on booking.com was apparently for a piece of crap closet room with no safe as stated, etc. Front desk tried to tell me it would be delivered but was in the upgraded room. So obviously they give you as little as possible in the booking.com room. Pasta in the restaurant was not cooked but I received a few dollars discount. Pool chairs were mildewed. Shuttle was more expensive than other hotels further than the airport.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

good clean.

please give better instructions about the location of hotel shuttle a map of location would be great i waited by airport entrance instead of by railroad tube. staff at front desk seemed a little stiff not friendly or helpful when asking a question.

breakfast simple but good quality. room clean. air conditioning good. beautiful outdoor pool area and lounging area on the lawn.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

I didn’t expect it

The hotel lobby was like photos the rest was way far of our expectation, room we booked was like cheap hotel rooms with tired and ugly furnitures. Bathroom door didn’t close properly. Bed and desk need to be replaced

Pool area and it Italian restaurant

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Good hotel next to the airport

The bed was terrible and uncomfortable

The staff was great, the guy at the reception was kind abd helpful, the hotel looks very nice with parking inside&outside

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The restaurant is great, staff are very friendly and food is...

The staff wasnt very friendly at 4 am when we checked out, maybe he was tired, he wanted to make us pay again for the room when it was already done the night before and insisted on it, he charged us a tax and was upset when we asked what was it about, clearly didn't have the patient to explain. The hotel is beautiful but the room is very very basic and old styled, it does not match the rest of the hotel style.

The restaurant is great, staff are very friendly and food is amazing. Close to the airport is you are in transit and need a place to sleep.

Affordable accommodation close to airport
    • Superior Twin Room with Terrace

They charge €5 for hotel guests to park their car overnight in uncovered carpark. Can't they absorb the cost? So many other hotels offer free parking for validated guests.

Very modern and comfortable rooms. Photos on the website are accurate. Breakfast included 4 hot items and lots of other choices. Driving distance to Roma Fiumicino Aeroporto is about 7km, while the direct distance is 4km. Very close. Fast and reliable free Wi-Fi although without any encryption.

Browse Golden Tulip Rome Airport Isola Sacra traveller photo gallery