Reviews of BW Premier Collection CHC Continental 4 stars

Lista Di Spagna 166, Cannaregio, 30121 Venice, Italy

#221 of 301 hotels in Venice

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Location from the station and the start of the canal,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was ok and restaurant was good The outside seating was not useable during a rainy time.

Location from the station and the start of the canal, accessible and staff

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Not having to lug our bags over bridges to stay further in.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing was very happy with it. F

Not having to lug our bags over bridges to stay further in. Ideal to get in and out of train station shops and restaurants were cheaper than if we had have stayed in San Marco or further in the island, also had a great view from our room

They are renovating the hotel but it appears the workers...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It’s severely understaffed and what staff they have are a bit lazy. The restaurant has limited menu items and the food is ok but not worth the price. Laundry charges are outrageous thankfully there is a self laundry down the street a ways.

They are renovating the hotel but it appears the workers have no clue what they are doing. The work is shabby at best. The location is the only good thing about this hotel. I

A perfect time to splurge on an expensive hotel room. Pick room 336 for a fabulous view!
    • Superior Room Canal View

I liked everything.

Room small but very functional. Bathroom clean. Bed super comfortable. Staff very friendly. Breakfast was quite nice. Would stay here again. Location great since it's a very short walk to the hotel from the parking if you drive there.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Friendly and helpful staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Long distance from St Mark’s Square and very small and busy breakfast service. Food often not replenished and seating difficult to find.

Friendly and helpful staff. Big comfortable room and easy walk to train and other transport options.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great location. Excellent accommodation with friendly staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location on the Canal. Accommodation was excellent as was breakfast. Close to train station and water taxis. Would recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Very nice hotel in great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was very small, very nice though and bed very comfortable but very small room and it was classified as superior which in size it was definitely not. Dinner in hotel was very good quality albeit very expensive for what it was.

Nice hotel in great location, staff very helpful and hotel and room were very modern and clean. Very good breakfast and evening meal we had was excellent quality.

Near the central train station some tourist sites.
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Child)

You can hear people talking to your room from the hallway and outside. We had a sleepless night on our last day. Staff in the desk isn’t so much helpful. Tried to phone the front desk in the middle of the night because of some guests making a lot of noises, screaming, banging the wall or door, etc. None was answering the call. I had to get up with my pjs and went down to the receptionist to tell my complaints. I waited approximately 30-60 minutes before they talked to our neighbors. Still it was about 1 am before they quiet down. It was our worst experience. Food was nothing but simple western breakfast. Not worth for the money we paid for 2 nights. Total reap off.

Near the central train station some tourist sites. Room is fairly clean

Excellent Location, but not a Four Star Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel has so much potential, but I am not sure it deserves four stars. The room was small (not a huge deal - we don't spend any time in there anyway), they didn't offer lotion which annoyed me (what four star hotel doesn't provide lotion?), and the towel hook in the bathroom fell off the wall. They also had what looked like a broken lamp or tv sitting in the downstairs hallway during our entire visit - hide that somewhere from your hotel guests! Lastly, I wouldn't say the room was as clean as it should have been - there was a pin on the floor that we luckily didn't step on, but this made me feel like the floor wasn't swept, there was a razor head cover in the shower from the previous guest which makes me believe the shower wasn't cleaned, and their was hair in the bed. I should have complained about all of this, but I let it go.

I absolutely loved the location of this hotel. It was a 5 minute walk from the train station. The boat from the airport also dropped us off about 5 minutes from the hotel. Also, being on the Grand Canal was fantastic! It made my morning to wake up and eat breakfast on the terrace of the hotel RIGHT on the canal. Not many hotels in Venice have this - so that is enough for us to stay at this hotel again. The breakfast they offered was very delicious, and the staffed that ran breakfast were so awesome! The gentleman was so kind and funny! The man who handled our luggage was also very awesome and helpful.

Great space to enjoy family time.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms could be considered small but average for Europe.

It has a dock on the Grand Canal and we're dropped off at the hotel. Also, the outdoor lounge space allowed my family a place to relax and enjoy time over desert and drinks (without a sit/cover charge/service fee). Loved the rain shower head.

Location and breakfast was good
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Canal View

I paid for a water view and all I got was an window looking at the side of it. The rooms are extremely small for the price.

Location and breakfast was good

The staff at reception and in the restaurant (on one of the nights) were so rude that i cannot recommend the hotel. The receptionist on check out was possibly the rudest and most condescending person we have ever encountered. This one person has let the whole hotel down and needs to be removed from a front of house position.

Very rude reception staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Your staff have the worst customer service. If the owner of this hotel who has invested so much in the renovation knew how the staff on the front line treated the customers they would be shocked. Your customers are everything... without them you get no income. We noticed first hand not just our group but the morning/night reception being rude to customers - he should not be in this job if he doesn’t want to be there.

Modern Hotel and great location

Fair stay
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The sink in the bathroom was not good in relation to water. As the water was very weak and takes forever to wash your hands or face. The hotel charged me 1.8€ for telephone call which I didn’t make. They insisted that I called outside the hotel at 1 am after midnight. It’s Not about the amount that I paid but the concept of charging something you didn’t consume or do.

The location near the train station. However, it was 20 to 30 minutes walking to the San Marco square and other attractions.

Good location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Canal View

Small bathroom which had No shelving space. Temperamental shower which squirted water out of the top of the joint. No complementary cosmetics. My wife found the bed too hard. Noisy in morning as near to boats off loading points & currently has some building work for outside tables .

Good location. Clean .

Lovely Hotel in a Vibrant City!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is building work on going at the property so for the 3 nights we stayed we had a 7am wake up call from the builders directly outside our window. We understand there’s no great time to do restoration work but we would have thought this would have been highlighted as we could of maybe been moved to a room the other side of the hotel.

Hotel continental had a great location, we were still a walk away from St Marks square and other well known parts, but Venice is quite vast so chances are you’ll need your walking shoes some days. Hotel was clean and nicely furnished, modern but kept very authentic Venetian. The staff were friendly and very helpful, whenever we had a query they were more than happy to lend a hand. Special mention to Gregory who soon knew our breakfast order and would pretty much have coffee’s ready for us, the attention to detail with something as small as that does not go unnoticed! Thanks Gregory!

Good location, nice staff, good air-con. Will be better once redecoration is complete.
    • Deluxe Family Room with Canal View (2 Adults +2 Children)

The check-in was not great - the room we had booked and prepaid was not available and it took a couple of attempts to end up with two rooms for our party that were OK. The hotel is also still under refurbishment - when we stayed there was significant decoration of other rooms and corridors ongoing which resulted in mess and noise.

The location on the Grand Canal is good - close to all the main transport options and with a good view if you have a canal side room (definitely worth paying extra for that!). Breakfast buffet is very good and the head waiter at breakfast was a sheer delight - so helpful and would always bring me an excellent cappuccino. The newly refurbished rooms are comfortable (our bed was new and very good) and have excellent air conditioning.

Grande view!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location in walking distance to everything. Very clean comfortable room with good view of the Grande Canal. Lots of good shopping and restaurants nearby and very close to ferry and train station.

Modern, well located hotel, still under construction

Workmen on site at the time, resulted in considerable unwanted noise. Maybe best waiting until next year before booking this hotel.

Good location, two minutes walk from the railway station. Rooms well appointed; hotel undergoing renovation.

Clean, comfortable and close to train station...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There really isn’t much not to like but the only 2 (minor things) would be stairs even after the lift, hard to carry the luggage and also that the room was a tad small for international travelers. Big luggage was very hard to position anywhere.

Cleanliness, facilities (shower, toilets) were quite modern. The bed was comfortable. Staff were quite nice too. Close to train station. The breakfast was good with plenty of variety.

staff were very friendly.

everything was perfect

staff were very friendly. lovely brand new clean room, great location, lovelt terrace looking out over the water. sceptical as a lot of recent reviews saying the hotel is under construction and this is an inconvenience. it is under construction but you would never have known whilst staying there. all accessible parts of the hotel are brand new, no noise from construction at all. don't be put off :)

The room and bathroom were spacious.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was continuous construction work on the hotel literally right next to our room and it started as of 7:30am so it was impossible to sleep past that time with all the construction noise.

The room and bathroom were spacious. The breakfast was excellent!!!

Once the construction is done, this hotel will great.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Canal View

Construction everywhere in the hotel area. Didn’t feel like a good value under the circumstances.

Once the construction is done, this hotel will great. Lounge/restaurant is complete and beautiful. Room was smaller but comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. Very new and modern feeling.

Unforgetable, brilliant and highly enjoyable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Fantastic hotel, great staff, superb location. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to travel to Venice. Even though building works were ongoing, all the guys were very courteous and there was no noise at all.

Very nice staff.
    • Deluxe Family Room with Canal View (2 Adults +2 Children)

Hotel was under construction. Although I contacted the hotel weeks before our trip and was assured that renovations were on the other side of the hotel and would not affect us, the opposite was true. Our room appeared to be mid-renovations and there was scaffolding over our windows, blocking the view of the water. Free breakfast was not good. For some reason cleaning person threw away our personal soap from the shower.

Very nice staff. Located close to train station.

Terrible stay with a lot of noise from construction
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Canal View

I don't like Nothing over this place

I do not recommend no body to stay in under construction hotel, this is ridiculous to have a hotel here on Booking.com under construction you are ruin my holiday + I have to paid to a lot of noise on my room. I paid for a room with view and I have a cloth with scaffold on the window. This people not have respect for the guest. Its not worth it to book here.

Very friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Family Room with Canal View (2 Adults +2 Children)

Not able to be helped, but was still under construction so could not get our canal view. Staff was good about it and refunded the difference. Will look great when it’s done.

Very friendly staff.

Luxurious and convenient Venetian hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Ongoing renovation, pretty confusing as there is no lift to the second storey. Had to go to level 3 to access level 2. A little disappointed that the outdoor breakfast terrace is closed for renovation.

Room was very new and had elegant Venetian furnishings. Bedroom slippers were provided. Bed was very comfortable, air conditioning was available in summer time. 8 mins walk from Piazzale Roma and Santa Lucia train station. Breakfast was good.

Lovely hotel in a great location.

This hotel was in the middle of renovations. We were not interrupted at all or bothered by this. They were amazing and our room was gorgeous. The location was perfect and we got a water taxi directly from the airport to the hotels private pontoon which the kids loved. Our experience was outstanding and once the Reno’s are complete it will be a cut above the rest for sure!!!

Could Have Been Better
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Child)

Hotel was being refurbished, which I could forgive, BUT - I would appreciate the heads up prior to arrival. Also, I was traveling with kids and my grandmother of 80+ years. There were a number of stairs she had to climb just to get to our room. If I had known there would be so many stairs, I never would have asked for her to stay there with us. : ( The front desk staff was not friendly, nor very quick. The room was adequate, but I wouldn't recommend for families with little ones and elderly.

Breakfast was decent, but pretty bare.

Very disappointed in the hotel and staff especially the manager.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The hotel was under construction. The outdoor area on the canal did not exist. The photos shown are deceptive. There is a room to eat breakfast, however there is no restaurant. You see construction everywhere. The manager didn’t care that the advertising for this hotel was false. He informed me that I booked a bed and breakfast??? It’s an unfinished hotel and I had to pay extra for breakfast. The manager said he could compensate me for the inconvience of the construction but he didn’t want to. If you have booked this hotel be aware that ITS UNDER CONSTRUCTION for $400 per night.

The room itself was beautiful

Expensive but great location far enough from the crazy...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Canal View

ONLY COMPLAINT WAS THAT THE RECEPTION STAFF WERE A LITTLE GRUMPY.THE REST OF THE STAFF PARTICULARLY THOSE ON BREAKFAST DUTY WERE SUPERB!

Expensive but great location far enough from the crazy Venice summer crowds!

Don’t go.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Building site - unacceptable to be charging those prices for a property under construction - looks dreadful, noise level high and started early morning. Staff service at reception was dreadful and very slow - all unhelpful and no acknowledgement of poor conditions - they were worn down with complaints.

While Venice is great this hotel is NOT [at the moment].
    • Small Double Room

Practically nothing. The hallways were scruffy from the renovation. I had to wash the dust from the floor in my room. Later in the evening the lights in the room would not turn off. On going to the front desk there was a line-up of folks with similar concerns [showers flooding, lights on, etc] and a receptionist who was having to deal with it all and in tears. The owners/management were nowhere to be found. It was the same the next morning when I decided to check out early. The morning receptionist was very good but still left alone to deal with the guests concerns. A SHOCKER!!!!

Very little. I had stayed at the hotel previously so I thought I knew what I was 'getting into' BUT I DID NOT. The hotel is under renovation [WHICH I DID NOT RECIEVE ANY NOTIFICATION OF] AS IT UPGRADES FROM A 3 TO A 4 STAR.

Excellent location, close (walking distance) to ground...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel is currently undergoing renovation. This should have been informed in advance to the guests and reflected in a much lower price. Rooms are very very small, hardly enough if traveling with luggage. No facilities in the hotel except for the rooms and a restaurant for breakfast. Our room was on the second floor and there was no elevator working to our floor. Extremely overpriced for what you get.

Excellent location, close (walking distance) to ground transportation. Clean (recently renovated) rooms. Good breakfast. Helpful staff at front office.

Great location , but hotel was still under renovation when we arrived
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Child)

Hotel was still under renovation when we arrived but website claimed that it was fully renovated. We realised later on that the hotel just reopened three days ago, but renovation works were still in progress. Lift was not working. Very dusty as a result. Check in was chaotic and we were given the wrong room type initially. Tried to raise it with counter staff but they said that we could just feedback accordingly on website.. didn’t seem to care about getting a bad review ?! We definitely overpaid given the condition. Could have been a better stay though once the hotel sorts out its renovation .

Staff tried to accommodate however they could. This could have been a better stay if not for the hotel’s ongoing renovation. Great location and close to train station.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was still being refurbished and everything was a mess with lotd of dust. Pictures do not meet reality at all. For instance, terrace is not still open.

Location fron train station
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This property was under construction and shoukd hqve never been open to the public last week, no where on your site or theirs does it state that. Tge terrace is closed most rooms are reno tge dust, paint workers cordened off areas was dreadful. Would never have stayed there taking in a 35 year wedding anniversary if we were told tge property was being worked on. Upgraded us as a nice touch to a corner room canal side hpwever unbenounced to us tgis is tge commercial loading area for all inbound outbound delieveries boats are unloading shipments from 4 am. Rain storm one night left us cleaning water in our room at 3 am as water came right through window sill... What a dreadful stay! Mgmt thought our 4p upgrade and a token bottle of wine would be sufficient had ti addtess these issues both days..... Lastly teach your employees how to respect some ones views.... the word anyways being used immediatley following a statement of concerns shows no remorse. I understand the translation may have had something to do with it bit it was ised 3 to 4 times when we listwd our problems at front desk.... Donot go by Website pics of this site yiu will bw very upset. Hopefully the elevators will be ready for those who are going today ... BTW there was no hose attached to the fire emergency equipment that yiu would typically see on each floor Mgnt say they passed inspection to open under all these things listed consciously they ahould have closed and had this place tourist ready.

Location fron train station

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Cost is unnecessarily high without matching facilities.
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Canal View

Cost is unnecessarily high without matching facilities.

All the rest
    • Superior Room

Check in time only after 3 pm

All the rest

Great location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Canal View

Location and view for our room was fabulous! Very comfortable and bar was very nice.

Very clean and modern.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not very effective air con in the room

Very clean and modern. Great location.

View from room overlooking Grand Canal was magnificent.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Canal View

View from room overlooking Grand Canal was magnificent.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Unforgettable view
    • Deluxe Family Room with Canal View (2 Adults +2 Children)

Unforgettable view of Venice Chanell. The attention by the guy during the breakfast was wonderful

All excellent

All excellent

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Everything about this hotel was perfect!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything about this hotel was perfect!

We had dinner twice and food wss eccelent.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had dinner twice and food wss eccelent.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Our room had a poor view

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The property is walkable distance to train station and...
    • Deluxe Family Room with Canal View (2 Adults +2 Children)

The property is walkable distance to train station and centrally located

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Should climb the stairs even after lift..

Not good enough for 4 star hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room is like box shaped . Very small saying that it’s a four star hotel

Not good enough for 4 star hotel

Great for holiday ~

A bit expensive ~

Very, very friendly staff, great location and cosy room.

Nice place but really tiny bathroom
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The size of the bathroom was really really small. The shower was tiny.

Great location. People were friendly.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Room and hallway size

Location. Breakfast

Great location, luxury hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Dinner on the terrace was lovely, but the meal was quite expensive.

Great location, luxury hotel.

Great water excess for drop off.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great water excess for drop off. Close to everything.

The hotel was in a good location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The mosquitos were everywhere and I was bitten by them many times. I think the room needed more cleaning!

The hotel was in a good location!

Rooms were a good size for Italy

Rooms were a good size for Italy

Handy location

Handy location

luxury hotel equipment, nice & kind staff, very good location, very clean room, perfect breakfast

A dream hotel
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Child)

The room was beautiful. The staff was very friendly. The food was very nice. The location was excellent being over looking the grand canal.

- breakfast was very poor , more choices must be
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- breakfast was very poor , more choices must be - in the bathroom you can not move you have to move in one side only

Amazing location

Amazing location

1. Breakfast was great

1. No lift to the First floor

1. Breakfast was great 2. Location was great, close to the station 3. newly renovated room

location is good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

small room and the safe was not working. many facilities were not available.

location is good

The hotel is under renovation.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel is under renovation.

Family had an enjoyable stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Canal View

Excellent breakfast and staff very helpful, friendly and happy.

Good location for exploring all parts of the city with pleasant canal views and access

4th floor landing very cramped and bit of a rabbit warren

Bed was very good; a good choice of breakfast for continental Europe

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse BW Premier Collection CHC Continental traveller photo gallery