Reviews of Mokinba Hotels Cristallo 3 stars

Via Scarlatti 22, Stazione Centrale, 20124 Milan, Italy

#348 of 424 hotels in Milan

The location is perfect next to the station

The rooms were not clean even the floor. The smell in the cafeteria is disgusting. And the guy there was rude.

The location is perfect next to the station

Breakfast was terrible.
    • Budget Single Room

Breakfast was terrible...but mostly the boy at the help desk was very unkind very unfriendly . He should not be working in hospitality he does not have the personality type.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lift is small and slow. Outdated decor.

Walking distance to Central train station. Can make your own pancakes and honey with honeycomb available (surprise!) for breakfast . Large room with balcony. Good value.

Get what you pay for.
    • Standard Triple Room

No kettle in room you had to pay for tea. Really noisy at night with plumbing noises and other guest’s take ear plugs with you.

It’s a great spot right near Milan central station. They checked us in early which was great after a flight from Australia that’s why the review is higher.

6.0
    Satisfactory, but not good.
    • Budget Single Room

1. Small room. 2. I asked a room with a balcony, but was provided with a room without balcony. 3. Breakfast was not perfect. Boiled eggers were one day, on another day were not. 4. The Hotel has blocked money on banking card and didn'permit to use blocked money for payment. 5. Staff is not very friendly.

1. Location near Milano Centrale railway station.

No soundproof or privacy means for this hotel!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No soundproof or privacy means for this hotel! If anybody talks in corridor or water flow in the pipes I could hear it easily at your room! That's caused I woke up in the early morning and can't sleep anymore or can't sleep in the afternoon!

Its a basic but comfortable enough hotel, the soundproofing between rooms leaves a lot to be desired
    • Standard Triple Room

The male receptionists on duty on 29th and 30th of March were arrogant and not at all customer friendly, it was offputting. Additionally, the bread ran out twice in a row at breakfast and wasn't brought from the kitchen even though we asked. There was only one member of staff on duty there and he was run off his feet, I would have liked wholegrain bread and cereal and some yoghurt with more fruit. The choices were not particularly healthy and I felt bloated after a few days of eating like that. the coffee was good though

The beds and the room was quite big and clean, cleaners were efficient and pleasant

• Budget Double or Twin Room

Staffs are not flexible. Light isn’t working and receiption refused to changed a room for me. Ventilation fan in the toilet is not working at night

DO NOT STAY -
    • Budget Single Room

I had a horrible experience at this hotel. When I arrived home to my room that evening I found an employee of the hotel in my room without my permission. Also my boyfriend arrived that morning and was not allowed to come up to my room to see me and even to help me pack. The staff was rude and the fact they were in my room without my knowledge or permission totally weirded me out and was really unexceptable. Very rude also to my boyfriend when he arrived, if I rent a room I should be able to have who ever I want join me in the room. Shower was like a slow drip, barely worked, bed uncomfortable. DO NOT STAY

The sheets were okay...

Very good place, close to central rail station, near Metro,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is terrible, could be better. Very poor sound isolation, you can hear how your neighbors go to toilet. In the early morning big noise from outside couldn't sleep from 6 a.m.

Very good place, close to central rail station, near Metro, few restaurants..

The room was nice and clean and it is swon that the...
    • Standard Single Room

The breakfast. No croissant and small choise of juices

The room was nice and clean and it is swon that the housekeeping staff take care of customerz with attention to details (bottle of water in the room, candies)

Extremely disappointed and stolen from.
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Staff aloof and rather surly on arrival. Told me three times whilst checking in that, 'There is no breakfast with this booking.' I said that I was fine with that, to which the reply was, 'You can't go and eat breakfast.' I wasn't sure what this was about but it made us uncomfortable. Our room had a bright blue fluorescent hotel sign directly outside our window. On the Sunday night it sounded as if a full blown party was happening in the hotel. A group of people running between rooms on our floor and the floor above, arguing loudly and smoking in the corridors. This ended around 1.30 in the morning. On checking out, the member of staff on the desk demanded 32 Euros for 'City taxes' which I said I believed were part of the charges we paid in advance (it was). She said it wasn't and that I had to pay. When I offered my card as I had few Euros left she said taxes had to be cash. Luckily, we had kept back 50 euros to pay for the coach to the airport and some breakfast. I have booked many hotels through your site, over many years, with no problems whatsoever. I never thought I'd be writing a negative review or be scammed. Extremely disappointed.

The location. The room was clean and the bed comfy.

location is very good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

cold room. very noisly aircondition with not enough heating. the water pressure noise from bathroom incredible high. not easy to sleep under theese conditions. slow and old elevators.

location is very good. Close to man train station and buses to airports. Breakfast not bad.

in the morning there was one woman who is not despot and not...
    • Budget Single Room

in the morning there was one woman who is not despot and not friendly. she has to be more polite to ask for if someone has been taken one water or Coca-Cola. I think that She thinks that particular person are welcome and another not. She has to think that her money to pay her it is of money that we have paid for her service because we work hard to have money and pay for good service. The second point the bathroom is bad and in the evening someone was noises. I am going to there if it has changed. I would like to ask for a booking company to control the hotel to do not have surprise.

No air conditioning, cigarettes smell; close to train station
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

You could smell smoke on the floor; the smell inside the room of old staff; no air conditioning working, we had window open

Close to the train station; good restaurants around

Destination for central station.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The Light in the room is very light I can't see my clothes. Bad shower bath the water spreed on the floor when you take shower .

Destination for central station. Women in the reception and staff.

Good quiet great location
    • Budget Single Room

In my toilette space was really tiny and the wc was in an absolutely crazy, dangerous, uncomfortable and wrong position. Literally attached to the bidè! Anyway apart from that all was ok

Good clean quiet

Reasonable hotel in a convenient location for central Milan
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

The breakfast room needs brightening, the bath enamel was chipped, the wifi was slow, we couldn’t find controls for the heating, the guest directory was short on information

Close to the Central station, friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed, good shower

Awful

Booked Mokinba Hotel Cristallo Milan through Booking.com; this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It is not a three star hotel it completely fails on that point. The only positive was the nice young man who helped take my luggage up to the eith floor and he then served breakfast. And our transfer was good. What was wrong with it? Firstly we arrived early but was told by our receptionist that the booking had not been confirmed; I stated it had been and had an e-mail to show this. The receptionist stated that our credit card had not been confirmed; again I stated it had been. My credit card had been working correctly that morning. You need a credit/debit card to confirm and receive your confirmation e-mail. Finally the receptionist stated we had a room. As our room wasn’t ready so we stayed in the reception area, (my husband and daughter went off to find refreshments). During this time I checked on the booking.com website we did have confirmation. However I noted the price of the rooms had increased for fresh bookings. I also over heard the receptionist state the same to another family about confirmation. Very strange and not reassuring. Please note here the credit card used to secure the room was the credit card used to pay for the room. Please note the reception area was dirty and needed a complete refurb The price charged for one night was 190 euros when I queried this price with the receptionist I was told Formula one was in town and there were limited hotels and rooms which had dictated the price. The price charged was over the top for the quality and star of the room. I was then informed our room was ready; the room was on the eighth floor and I would have to use a set of stairs between floors seven and eight. What a nightmare I found we had to go through a fire exit door onto an external metal fire escape (Big drop down). Then across the fire escape through a door which led onto a spiral stair case and then up to the eighth floor.

Staff walked into the room unannounced three times during...
    • Budget Triple Room

Staff walked into the room unannounced three times during the 1 night stay. Walls were paper thin. We could hear the whole conversation of the room next to us.

Reasonably priced hotel near the central rail station. Not perfect but good enough
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Older hotel, past it's prime but it was well maintained. Hard to compare European hotels to American Hotels. Rooms are smaller, beds are different. I was on the 8th floor- to get there take the elevator to the 7th and then walk up one flight of stairs.

Close to the Central Train Station. Prices were reasonable compared to other hotels for the weekend I was there.

Really nothing the staff is very poor
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

The staff take from us Money for early check in and the toom already ready The bed was broken and they told us we don’t have any more and almost the rooms empty

Really nothing the staff is very poor

Bad Experience, total ripp off. Expensive hotel with rude staff.
    • Budget Triple Room

1) the staff were rude, not willing to help and not welcoming. Specially the two lady receptionist were very rude. 2) we checked in at 11pm,we were asked to keep our passports at the reception for the night for updating their records, no idea why they need to do that they can just take a scan of the passports and givr it back at the same time. 3) they have the smallest lift in the world! 4) they have the smallest WC in the world! Hard to fit in the WC. 5) we asked them to call us a taxi to get to the Linate Airport which is 20mins away, they offered us their own transportation service and told us that it would cost 45 euros and that it is cheaper than getting a taxi, however,i did not accept their offer and instead ordered a taxi and it costed me only 18 euros!!!!!! 6) they do not give an ironing machine,i askef for one they told me to use their laundry service which is very expensive.

Near to the central station, nothing except for that.

SHOCKING , RUDE STAFF , THE ROOM WAS A CESSPIT
    • Standard Triple Room

Staff were rude , we had booked a triple rooom but they put us in a double room with a fold down bed they went off on one when we complained The elevator only went to the 7th floor then we had to carry our bags up to the 8th floor. If you are not down for breakfast in the first 30 minutes then don't bother as they don't replaced the food , the breakfast facilities are shocking AVOID THIS HOTEL We sent photos to booking.com and they gave us a refund , I think that tells you all you need to know

Leaving the cesspit of the hotel

Some of front desk are helpful
    • Budget Single Room

Thanks you to invited me for feedback which I like to report . I have written to them today asking for refund for the double billing. If they are not coming back with their investigation I am afraid I will have to write negative on the honesty of the front desk. When I check in on 31/8, the receptionist ask me to produce my credit card for verification. As I keep my card separately in my luggage and being tired of the trip I told him that I don't have it with me but I have the booking confirmation in my Ipad and proceed to show him. He flatly refused saying that unless I produce my credit card that I used for booking, he will not allow me to check in. Worst still he said that they too have the copy of the booking confirmation. Eager to get a room to relief myself, I ask him if I can pay them in cash of Euro 220.00. without hesitation , he agreed. I then ask him if he can provide me with a receipt and he told me that the amount paid is written in my booking confirmation slip and produce to show me. I then ask him how about my payment made through credit card at time of booking, he replied that they will reverse the charge back to the card. As mentioned, being tired and wanting to relief myself, I ask him for the key which he gladly give it to me. Yesterday , I received my card statement showing amount of E$220.00 being charge to my card on 31/8/2017, the day I checked into the hotel. I hope you can assist me to speak to the management and get my refund. I am pretty sure they have the surveillance camera to check it

Some of front desk are helpful

When checking in the water in the frigerator is free.
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

The room smell bad. The next day changed to a room Heard the sound of flushing toilet. When asked the central train location ? The lady receiption without wearing a bra replied Do you speak English ? I said I came from America.

Perfect location for weekend trip.
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

The sound isolation is completely absent.

Perfect location for weekend trip. Shop near by the hotel. Very close to the Milano Central train stataion. Can get the hotel by walk very easy. Is very clean and staff is nice and with a good english proficiency , the rooms are of acceptable quality.

The location was close to central station and restaurants.
    • Budget Triple Room

Staff collects passports upon check-in and doesn't return it immediately - only after you go to the room and come back down. I don't really understand why they keep it. Other hotels get a copy immediately. It's a good idea to have a copy of your own just in case.

The location was close to central station and restaurants. Easy to locate. Room and beds were comfy and spacious enough. They have storage room for you to leave your bags when checking out which is great.

Good place, good value for money, super staff.
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Loud neighbors and poor sound isolation. Constant sound of water running.

The bed was huge. Room was comfortable. Staff were super friendly and helpful.

Location near to the station
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

The staff not really friendly and the deposit luggage not safe, there is no label. The room we order was no smoking room but we got smoking room.

Location near to the station

Good overall
    • Budget Triple Room

It would be nice if they can provide kettle in the room.

friendly staff,good sized clean room,very near Milan centrale station,had good choice of food options around with reasonable price.

Noisy air conditioners and bad attitude staff
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

1. The guy in the reception had too much attitude. a. He kept my passport to himself for nearly 2 hours which was suspicious for me, as none have done that before. b. He didn't let my friend, who came to show me around Milan, to come along with me to the room (on my return trip I chose another hotel and they were surprised to hear me ask whether I can take my friend along with me to the room). 2. Noisy air conditioners , I was initially given a small room with really noisy air conditioners and when I asked about it, they gave me a bigger room but still it was noisy. 3. They dont have plug points for European pins and when I asked the receptionist for a adapter, he said he don't have any left and if I need it , go and buy one from the shop ahead, I requested him to check once again and he said no, so I went and bought an adapter for 7 euros and then when I came back to my room a technician came to check the noise of the air conditioner and he told he have few adapters along with him.

Location. Close to Milan Central Station

Well, I am not satisfied but not frustrated as well.
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Staff was not helpful, could not answer basic questions, for instance info about public transportation, how to get to certain district and etc.

The room was too small, but still comfortable.

Not quite good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Queen bed occurred to be two beds that slide all the time, the bathroom is oddly designed, like the towel dryer is in the opposite side from the shower, etc. There are no enough shelfs in the shower. There were no enough bikes to take - like one bike left for entire hotel? The coffee is the absolute shame. The flies are flying above the breakfast - disgusting. The hotel's shuttle to the airport is 110 euros (or "how much you want to pay?"). The sound isolation is completely absent - I could hear the elevator from the fatherst end of the floor. No shelves in the closet. Still didn't returned 100 euro.

Clean sheets, lots of hangers in the closet, nice mirror, clean bathroom.

Clean and quiet
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

It seemed to me the air conditioner in my room didn't work that well but it was sufficient

It was quite and clean I was traveling to a new spot every day and was nice to come back to a clean and quite room

Average Place but it could be of some value for the money with a nice rate
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The lack of working AC and the old elevator may be a bit annoying sometimes. For business travelers used to pay for the service with credit card please bare in mind you shall have to pay the turist tax in cash, which is also quite annoying as you might have to incur in some extra taxes from your bank.

With central location, this property can be easily accessed. The staff is nice and with a good english proficiency , the rooms are of acceptable quality. The breakfast is quite reasonable. The internet is quite good comparing to most of the hotels. . I believe that for the right rate this hotel can provide some value for the money.

The worst hotel ever I visited in my 30 years traveling
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Everything in hotel was not likeable. The room and staff and services except the location.

I like nothing because there was no air condition in room and beds were not compfortable at all room was like a grave. The staff was rude and unprofessional, they were trained only to grab money and money

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

I am the third time in hotel.

Very noisy room!

I am the third time in hotel. It is surprisizing that is very noisy in the room amid airconditioning systems in hotel! It should be solved!!!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Too expensive for this quality
    • Budget Single Room

First, I made a reservation for five nights, then had to change it for four nights. They made the changes, no problem, very nice of them. After staying 4 nights, during check out, I find out that I have to pay the city tax (which is 4 euros per night) for 5 nights. When I ask why I have to pay for an extra day, I get the reply that the reservation was made for 5 nights. Yeah great, they will give away my room and bag in double tax for one night. And oh, the tax is not payable by credit card and only cash, which is strange since in my last visit to Milan, the hotel I stayed at (Fenice) had no problems including it into the total. Hence this is the kind of measly business which runs after your 4 euros. Never would recommend the hotel, the claustrophobic breakfast hall or the rooms which are slightly more sizable than a phone booth.

Location is fine, within walking distance to the central station

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Good Location
    • Budget Single Room

The street is a bit too quite at night. and you can hear the noise from other rooms.

Location is really near main station (7-8 minutes walk) there is a good supermarket beside the hotel. Also near a main shopping street "Corso Buenos Aires" (5 minutes walk) The room is bigger than expected too which was a good surprise to me :) The staff is friendly and speaks English. I would recommend it and would go again when visiting Milan.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

,Terrible, but cheap and near the train station
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Hotel inside looks very careless. Elevator is very small and is scratched inside. Walls are so thin, so you can hear every word, your neighbors talk. Rosettes are very thin, so I wasn't able to charge my notebook and use the hairdryer.

Near to the train station.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Budget Stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The sink tends to clog and was kind of disturbing. It was also disturbing to find the room window locked down behind iron doors but not much to worry about.

Rooms were fine for the budget price. Distance wasn't too far. Given the highly shaky price of product cost during our stay in Italy, we had coke varying from 0.34€ to 5.50€ price range, it was blessing to have a mini mart so close nearby.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The weather didn't encourage outdoor sightseeing so that was disappointing. However it was enjoyable
    • Budget Triple Room

The shower was cramped. This seems to be feature in accommodations in Italy. Don't drop the soap!

The proximity to the train station and city center, which were within walking distance of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Good price, clean room, and nice staff

Bathroom size varies depending on room, it can be small or big, and it doesnt really have a logic following the size of the room

Quiet room, clean, good service ant the front desk, they speak several languages. Wifi OK

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

not so bad for a budget hotel.. but i could be better
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

It was on 8th floor and lift arrive only until 7th.. and I did liked how pillows smells.. but the rest was ok.

i really liked the location and the staff.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Good breakfast.
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

The window of the room was looking into a small area and there was so much noise coming from this small area in which air conditions were.

Good breakfast.kind staff

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Crazy terrible customer service
    • Budget Single Room

I hate the unprofessional staff, they keep my passport until the next day, I went out for shopping after I took the train to the shopping center, I found out my passport was not there, then I need to spend another one hour to go back to the hotel and get the passport from them, Thatz crazy! Never see hotel like this before. Wasting too much my time! And the receptionist never apologized. I will not go stay there again, pass it's not clean at all! The elevator sucks, takes forever to go up.

I only like the location and the price.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Need to be very ambulant and no fear of heights...
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

19 steps from 7th ( end of elevator ) to 8 th floor.. No bar service - twice. Shower head too low for tall people and bath / shower uincomfortable NO English language TV station

Large bedroom with one double bed and floor to ceiling glazed doors

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Tiny shower. But good location for travel
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

The bed was really uncomfortable. The shower did not drain properly and could easily flood. The shower was TINY.

The 24 hour reception check in was what we needed. The staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Terrible. Just terrible.
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

This hotel does not deserve a 2.5, but that's as low as I could go, which explains why k was tricked into booking a room here. Pretty much everything was terrible from the front desk service to the room. The staff was rude, the bathroom smelled, the light in the bathroom flickered like we were in the shining. The room wasn't worth the 70euros, let alone the additional 70euros I paid for an additional extra reservation made through a glitch in the booking.com system, for which neither the hotel nor booking.com would refund me, despite the fact that I called to correct the problem within 5 minutes of realizing this had happened. I'm disputing the transaction and would never ever return.

The proximity to the train station.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Good location but too much noise in the room
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Hotel's fanners were too much moisy. Unfortunately it is not possible to not hear these sounds at room. It was very uncomfortable

location is perfect

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

great staff, not the most modern hotel, but good location
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

it is not the most modern hotel you can find in Milan, but the staff is great and do his job at their best

the staff is extremely helpful, great location if you think to take any train from Central Station in Milan

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The service could be better
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

We couldn't borrow wine glasses in the afternoon or buy large bottles of water in the reception during midnight time. We were directed to use the plastic glasses in the toilet and take the small still bottles of water in the mini bar.

Clean and comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Close to central station.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Instead of one double bed (150-180 cm) or two single beds (90-120 cm) we got only one single bed (ca. 120 cm) for two persons. Staff told us that hotel is fully booked and that we should come earlier and that we will pay same price (only discount which can be provided was city tax - 8 EUR). Next day was present manager and apologize for any inconvenience and we paid as for budget room instead of double bed / two single beds room. Wifi didn´t work in the room.

Close to central station.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

A very good hotel
    • Budget Triple Room

No free water. No electronic door locks. Have to leave the keys at the reception before going out. No door latches from inside in the room. Clogged drain in the tub. A very very tiny lift.

Friendly lady at the reception. We were given a spacious suite which we liked a lot. Toilet supplies were in abundance. Everything was very clean. Good luggage room. Free candy at the reception as well as in the room which were kept at the side tables as welcome candies.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

A OK choice
    • Budget Single Room

The neighbourhood doesn't seem that safe at night. And it is quite noisy all day.

The hotel is in walking distance (10mins) to the central station. Several good restaurants nearby.

Excellent location, basic hotel.
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

The lino in the room was not cleaned properly.

The hotel is very close to Milan Central Station.

Great location for travelers, and close to metro stations.
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Some rooms are very old and outdated while some are newer.

Great location, very close to the train station.

Cleaness, and the arrangement
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing,all things is very perfect

Cleaness, and the arrangement

Priceworthy, good
    • Budget Single Room

I was a bit shocked reading all the reviews. But my experience was good.

Can recomend for a night or two. The staff was very nice.

1 star max .Staff, location ok:)
    • Budget Single Room

Renovation was made after second world war:))

ok
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good breakfast. Close to the Statione Centrale and busses to the airports.

Good
    • Budget Single Room

Staf defelayed in give service

After taking shower floor is always wet, a lot of water.
    • Budget Triple Room

After taking shower floor is always wet, a lot of water.

DEAR SIR ALL THINGS ARE GOOD BUT STAFF BEHAVE NOT GOOD

STAFF ON DESCK

DEAR SIR ALL THINGS ARE GOOD BUT STAFF BEHAVE NOT GOOD

It’s good for one day stay in Milan ,It’s just 5’m walk to...
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

It’s good for one day stay in Milan ,It’s just 5’m walk to central station.

Perfect location, friendly staff!
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Perfect location, friendly staff!

It was okay.

Breakfast not international taste

It was good except front desk staff
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

The front dest staff needs more training to deal with customers. The front dest girl was rough in her behavior.

Very bad location

Very bad location

Location (close to train station)
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Location (close to train station)

Comfy and clean, everything was great
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Comment for the management: carpeted platform for the luggage at the entrance does not serve at all

Comfy and clean, everything was great

No wi fi in the room....
    • Budget Single Room

So poor wi fi in the room and in the night not have good conection and stop working always.

It was so dark area and so poor wi fi in the room.

Good location.
    • Budget Triple Room

The room we had was facing the back alley. So we could here trash being dumped at night.

Good location.

Bathroom noise, windows were making noise.
    • Budget Single Room

Bathroom noise, windows were making noise. Bad smell within the room, bathroom. Do not recommend it.

Browse Mokinba Hotels Cristallo traveller photo gallery