Reviews of Hotel Cristoforo Colombo 4 stars

Via Cristoforo Colombo 710, Eur & Garbatella, 00144 Rome, Italy

#573 of 921 hotels in Rome

The air conditioning in the rooms didn’t work, so we had to have the window open with road works going on outside.

Very clean hotel. Rooms were spacious.

• Quadruple Room

Rude staff at checkin - we did not receive the room we booked and when we questioned it they were quite rude to us - as if it was our fault that they Checked us into a twin room when we booked a quadruple room. We had to to argue and look at two other rooms before we were give the room that we booked and that we had paid for. Staying a small room with two teenagers is not what we had in mind so were not happy with the small triple room with 4th bed squashed in as they were suggesting! Pool is under construction - very disappointed as this is one reason we booked this hotel so the kids could swim after the hot days exploring Rome

Easy location for exploring Rome and if you want to spend time shopping at the mall

Stayed last year may 2017 they were doing construction and pool wasn’t open,,, stayed this June 2018 one year later, still under construction and the pool wasn’t open again ... very very disappointed because I wanted to spend my last day in Rome relaxing before my long journey back to the U.S.... on Booking.com and they’re website it says the pool is open from June1st on.... we’ll Not the case 😡😡😡

15 mins To Fiumicino Airport

Staff rather dour and unhelpful with little grasp of English, or unwilling to speak English. Unimpressed with breakfast; hot food was cold. Swimming pool was a construction site....we went because of the pool; very disappointing +no info on web site to warn us of this. Had we known we would not have chosen this Hotel. Definitely not 4 star. No amenities, no mini bar, just a few chairs to sit on outside.

Size and decor of room with good wifi and clean; Good air conditioning. Great shopping centre next to Hotel. Bus stops really close by to get onto the Metro system- Barman very helpful and friendly.

Hotel was next to a construction area. There was nothing in outside area if the hotel, no swimming pool no terrace. .

Clean and spacious room. 5 minutes walk to shopping center where you can eat and do shopping.

The room, very good. The front desk people are helpful.

This is a tour hotel in a good location for the metro-the rooms are comfortable, but don't expect anything else. The breakfast is atrocious, not good, made worse by trying to fight the tour groups, 2 or 3 hundred people like vultures. The staff in the breakfast Ares are rude and over worked-don't go up there-you may not make it out. There is a great coop big grocer next door and a big shopping center. Food, food, and anything else you might need. Stay-here, if you know these thing in advance-this can be a good deal. The people on the desk will try to help you.

The room was very nice & clean. The staff was very friendly. It is not right in the center of Colloseum etc. but very nice to get on to the highway towards the airport.

Ten out of ten, in every aspect. A bit away from downtown for "on foot" travellers. Still best access by car from major roads.

Best value for money. Hygenically upscale, not to mention comfort itself. Quiet settings in a quiet neighboring areas.

Only two things; -Room air conditioning could only be set for heating, which considering the outside temperature was over 25deg the balcony was more comfortable. -Reception were not that helpful. We ordered a taxi which never came. When we questioned, they told us that the previous shift forgot to order. We almost missed our flight. I would recommend the staff listening more to the customers' requests.

Simple layout and ease of all facilities.

Very far from city and train station, staff not friendly, breakfast too sample! I paid €198 when I check in, but when I checked out they told me need to pay €24 for local tax...I already paid!

The front desk staff was very unfriendly, when I walk into the Hall no one say anything to me. I did not reserve the breakfast so I had to pay for it. The Lady told me that I had to pay immediately cash, she could not add it to the bill at the checkout. Back to my room, I grab the wallet and go again to the breakfast hall. There were no spoon so I did use a knife for my cappuccino (!). At the check out she was not able to add the VAT number...she was quite annoyed by my request. Never again, sorry.

Very nice room, large bed and very comfortable. The bathroom was also nice and full of accessories , very clean indeed.

Bed alittle older but not bad as it looked.

Great night staff. Good location near grocery store that Ups cheaper then anyway. Near bus and train and water bus. Great location to everything.

Rooms were very small. Food was unreasonably expensive. For breakfast there was poor range of choice ( no fresh vegetable or fruit at all). Expected more from a 4 star hotel.

Clean room with comfortable beds. Close to public transport.

• Quadruple Room

The internet was horrible within the rooms, we complained several times and only on the third day did we finally change rooms. The internet would still only work properly when we would leave our hotel room door open. Then there was a water outage and the staff claimed it affected the entire city which was a lie as I contacted several nearby hotels who had no water outage. The staff was very unaccomadating to any of our complaints and did not care. It is hard to believe this is a 4 star hotel, never again, stay away!!

Reception staff really bad and they don't care about the guest, they doing what they want and they are looking guests like enemies coming to stay in the hotel. may be they angry with hotel management should change the old receptionist and replace with young peoples to go ahead.

Just only the location

• Economy Quadruple Room

Room are very small if you are staying with 4 in the same room.

If you are travelling by car this is an excellent choice. Plenty of parking space and Rome is 20 min away. And cost is very reasonable.

Room was too small. They put an extra bed at a very short space. Actually that rooms was only good for two persons but they put a third bed which was also not comfortable. Breakfast was not up to a four star hotel. The name of hotel is confusing. Name on Internet is Hotel Christo colombo but actually it was written Hotel Colombo only.

Nothing to say much.

There was a mix-up when I arrived with my type of room. I got a twin-bedded room with a single bed instead of the double bed I booked. But they resolved this issue immediately :-)

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago during the summer months. I came back because I liked it and the rooms are even nicer and more comfortable this time.

• Economy Quadruple Room

Hallway carpets were filthy with stains thru out; it was noisy with guests slamming doors and other thru traffic (we were in room 201 on the 1st floor), most times with loud drilling/banging early morning. Front desk would not answer multiple calls to the reception desk. for inquiries. Room was super small: it was a standard sized hotel room that they crammed 4 twin beds in each corner, with barely even walking room.

They included a breakfast; a mall was less than a 1/4 mile away. Front lobby area was much nicer than the rest of the detached hotel room area.

Easy to get hotel by car, near big trade center, tasty and reach breakfast, it is possible to buy bus tickets at reception place, modern and comfortable room, free parking.

The breakfast was not really up to the expectation or not decent enough. No fresh juice no fruits or vegetables. Scrambled eggs was not good .We stayed for 2 days and dint feel like eating breakfast for the second day, very sad breakfast Dint find the staff to be friendly at all .

I was very skeptical about this hotel once I started reading others reviews , I had expected it would not be great .... but to my luck the hotel room was really very clean and the same as it is in the pictures of the hotel. Good value for the money we paid . Good transportation facility to the city centre. Very pleasant hotel

They don't have a kettle or glass or cup inside the room. Breakfast area is large and loud.Its like staying in family hostel..They keep shifting the food items from one corner to the other..don't know why?

Breakfast is very poor. Essential. At a later stage of the morning (after 9:30) they stop to replenish the various trays (of ham, cheese etc). Breakfast was to close at 10 am. I was there at 09:55. They looked at me as if I was an alien. While I was having my coffe and finishing my breakfast they switched off the lights (at 10:20am). Unbelievable. On the day of arrival I had to call so many times before I reached them.

Rooms are new, clean and tidy.

• Economy Quadruple Room

Please see above. Property was not 4*. It was a building site. Poor location. Poor views. Pictures show swimming pool a and areas. All not available. Cannot recommended.

Not much to like about hotel apart from breakfast. Photos are deceiving. No swimming poo!.property a building site. Rooms have shutters. No view..

All of the front desk staff were unpleasant to deal with. The hotel had technical difficulties when we checked out and were unable to print a receipt. The photos are deceptive. This hotel is actually a motel; the rooms are in separate buildings from the lobby. There is zero soundproofing inside and out. The floor in our room was filthy.

I didn't like anything about this hotel.

At the start of winter the rooms could have been a bit warmer.

We stayed at this hotel to go to the Palalottomatica in Rome to see a concert. The hotel was in easy walking distance, it's 4 star rating is very true. The rooms were very well appointed with a good bed

6€/day per Person tourism tax? It should be shown on booking in a better way! The Hotel is not very central and easy to reach to the center

the Price & Performance Ratio is ok if you pay this Hotel not more than 50€. The room was enough big and the breakfast was also ok in an Italien art.

• Economy Quadruple Room

Hotel is going through renovation. Rooms are a bit old and the cleanness was below my expectations.

The location close to a big shopping mall and not far from a metro station. Free parking

For first sight it looks cool - nice, new room, very nice big bathroom. But then: it's not so clean (strange hair under the shower and on the floor of bathroom), a/c doesn't worki, so there's so hotel you can't sleep and you can't open the window because there's something like railwaystation near by. Very unhelpful and unfriendly staff. Really, there's a lot of nice, friendly places to stay in Rome, don't waste your time to come here

Parking and BIG, comfortable bed

I booked the wrong night accidentally, but when I showed up a day early and asked if they had space and could switch the date of my reservation, they said yes they had space but I would need to pay full for 2 nights rather than the one I was there. Lame and inflexible.

The pool area pictured was not open and "had closed that day" It was very obvious that it hadn't been open for some time. This property is located in a concrete jungle and is not what is portrayed in the photos. The room was tiny but was as pictured in the photos.

The room was modern and clean and the grocery in the shopping mall next door was convenient. The included breakfast was ample but was the same offering each day. The bus stop is at the entry of the property and is a quick ride to the train easily connecting into historic Rome.

Unfriendly staff, it was very hot no air or even fan in room we were told the a/c was turned off for the year, needed to iron shirt and was directed to a near by mall, hotel lobby smells of cigarettes smoke the way the sets of doors are located across from each other, many bus groups of people looks like a bus tour hotel, breakfast nothing special if your lucky to get anything once the tour groups have finished, vinyl chairs reminds me of a serious home.

The beds were excellent had amazing sleep

• Economy Quadruple Room

Noisy due to renovations/late night noises from kitchen cleaning up/unfriendly front desk staff/ over booked and we had to be moved to another hotel of lesser quality/my Euro21 bottle of wine was stolen from where I left at in the foyer of the old block sleeping quarters whilst I went to fetch my suitcase from the reception/ our wheel chair that was left in the storage room got severely damaged and hotel staff did not do anything to rectify the situation.

Location and closeness to mall

The hotel was quite noisy at times. I would have liked more healthy options at breakfast e.g more fruit, tomatoes etc.

Pastries were lovely. Shower was very powerful and hot and the bed was comfortable. Hotel was very clean and near the airport.

The location was far from the center of Rome Breakfast was not varied

We were in the new rooms area, clean and beautiful hotel, maintained, spacious rooms just like in pictures, a large luxurious bathroom, adjacent to a large mall, recommended hotel!

Check in was at two even tho we arrived st 12. And no effort by reception to check if room where ready for us early. No tea and coffee in rooms is unacceptable these days especially when you are charged 2 euro for tea and 3 euro for coffee from restaurant. disgusting would not come back to this hotel purely for that fact. very noisy from building from 8 am angle grinders cutting stone was the worse. Lots of work around us and should be compensated. As no word of this was on details for hotel. Jack hammer on the last morning couldn’t wait to get out of there Pool not in use and Surrounding areas scruffy and uninviting.

Hotel and rooms very clean and nice freshly decorated. Took us two days to work out how to pull up blinds there’s a pulley strap behind curtains. Staff in restaurant very nice breakfast excellent Right next door to fabulous mall with fab food halls. Hotel restaurant expensive

We have to carry our luggage and search our rooms ourselves as no bell boys available and the rooms are different buildings, I booked this room keeping in mind swimming pool un fortunately it was closed

Good rooms with ample space, clean toilets, next to a shopping mall and supermarket

Whilst the hotel is a bit out of Rome, we chose this for one reason only - we had a car. We were not prepared to drive in Rome CBD so opted for a hotel a little further out. This worked in our favour because we got a nice hotel for much cheaper than what we would have paid in town. The food was great, as were the staff. Very helpful and super easy to get into town (approx 45 mins on the bus then transfer to train).

Site a little unfinished builders quite noisy. Very busy in the restaurant maybe needs a couple of extra staff in there but food ok.

Great room in what is going to be a fabulous hotel. Very clean and tidy lovely bed and fab bathroom. breakfast very nice. Evenin meal very nice and not too pricy large shopping centre right next door so plenty of food options, Bus stop right outside

It was rather far out of the city centre although public transport was easy and quick. They seem to cater mainly for huge travel groups so breakfast is rather busy

Rooms were new and very clean and the staff were extremely efficient

Italian reception staff looks a little bit angry, but then you realize that it's the mentality and they are very friendly after all :), a construction zone is right on a hotel territory was a little annoying, expected better breakfast but it's limited in choice

Buildings and rooms are fresh and built just recently, the swimming pool is present but was not accessible during our stay, the location is great to have a quick access to the highway getting into and from the hotel. Reception has public transport tickets not to look for them outside with reasonable price. Right near the hotel there is a bus stop that gets you to the metro(subway) so you can get to the Rome center in 40-60 minutes. Beds are fantastic and great planning of power sources. Near the hotel a huge shopping mall with grocery, restaurants and clothes

The pool was shut. There was never any toilet roll in the public toilets, There was building works when we went and we were not told about them. We had to move rooms due to noise levels (building work) and because the shower was leaking. I also asked if they could do something special for our anniversary and they came back to me after my anniversary and didn't act on what they said they would do.

The rooms were really clean.

Only choose this hotel if you have a car otherwise it's more than half an hour to the city center and bus stop also bit far. Breakfast was served cold and to same every day nothing special. WiFi is very bad at night.

Comfortable bed and pillow

• Comfort Triple Room

- The air conditioner in the room was out of service. - The pool was closed. - The hotel was under renovations and not calm at all. - Noisy clients checking-in or leaving the hotel in the middle of the night. - A fussy hot/cold shower cabin.

- The staff had quite a flexible approach. - We received quite nice explanations as to what we wanted to do as activities.

Most of the staff treated us like we were a nusense, when we got given our room it looked great but the floors were dirty the mattresses had stains on it . Bathroom had clumps of hair in the corners!

Some of the staff were really helpful and friendly

• Comfort Single Room

They are not responding and cooperative when leaving the hotel , i lost some stuff not sure in my room in the hotel or somewhere else so i emailed them and they didn't respond .

Good location , you can reach the city center by bus, metro in almost 20 minutes , and a shopping mall is nearby . Cleanliness and air-conditioning are very good . The Breakfast is good although it doesn't match the photos .

The location of the hotel is far from the centre. The public transportation does not work well anywhere around Rome. It is difficult and time taking to come from the airport to the hotel (first you have to take a train, then metro and then bus and the buses don't follow any schedule). Even if they say that they provide a shuttle bus from/to the airport in reality they provide a 45€ private car ride. No shuttle bus service. The hotel is located next to a highway, so it is not peaceful. At least at the moment it is also under construction. The shower didn't work at the swimming pool and there were lots of flies. Breakfast was very basic, nothing special. Very limited. Coffee was horrible. Some of the employees are friendly, some of them are very arrogant. I must say that for example Marco was a very customer-oriented and professional receptionist whereas some of them didn't smile or even look at the clients. The restaurant workers were nice. Maybe the problem is not in the employees but the organization though. The hotel room is not so good looking as in the photos. They have the "value deal only today" offer available every day. Honestly i don't know how this hotel has 4 stars, compared to other 4 star hotels i feel like this one should have 2-3 stars. Something is wrong in this hotel.

The rooms were clean and the cleaners do their work well. Air conditioning works well. The hotel is next to a big shopping center.

• Quadruple Room

We stayed here 7 nights. Breakfast very weak. 95% of only sweet meals, salted only rice, salami, ham (very low quality) and scrambled egg, which was the worst I've ever eaten in my life. Absolutely no vegetables or fruits for breakfast. After our request, they put apples after two days. When one older lady wanted to take an apple away, she was not allowed !!! Such a disgrace !!! Our room was in the older part of the hotel. Internet speed between 0.5 - 2 Mb. The in-room fire detector is located directly above the bed and has two diodes that flash in day- or night-time, which is "very nice" while asleeping. The walls are whith weak sound proof, so you hear your neighbors talking. Doors of all rooms are severely banged, so you hear very loudly every guest who arrives in the evening or at night in the room. In the morning around 6:00, start buses from the tour in front of your windows and they like let them running for 20 minutes. There is also no wardrobe in the room, just two shelves, so you have to have almost all your belongings in the suitcase. The first day you have to go 1.2km to buy a ticket to the station, because "by chance they have no tickets to buy at the reception, and they do not know when are they going to have them." They rather have them never as I have read other reviews. The management of the hotel obviously has little interest about providing good service for the guests and their only goal is profit, the satisfaction of the guests is somewhere far back. They should sometimes stay for a few days in their own hotel to find out what services they actually provide.

The only advantage of this hotel is the proximity of the shopping center, the bus stop in front of the hotel and the swimming pool. This hotel has four stars, in my opinion it is between two and three.

The hotel was under constrution, the outside area was dirty and not safe for kids. The breakfast had no fruits, the lifeguard in the pool was always doing something other look the pool. What i didn't the most was, not be warned about the constrution.

The room was clean and comfortable.

When you had a shower, the whole bathroom floor and toilet got wet. That was a pain. Breakfast was okay if you like to eat sweet stuff. Coffee was pretty poor.good position.

Great shopping mall right next door. If you didn't like the food at the hotel, you could go to the mall. A hamburger van next door at the service station. Grab a burger, beer and watch the "he she's" pick up. All in all a few good laughs.

The only thing we didn't like was there was no facilities in room to make a drink - just a kettle would have been nice!

Air-conditioning was very good, choice of food for breakfast was good, room was good, fridge in room worked well, comfy beds, nice clean hotel, facilities close by were good, liked having safe in room! Local transport (bus and metro) was very good.

• Quadruple Room

The reception staff avoid speaking to the guests and only answer to the point. They do talk and laugh amongst themselves which makes you feel like you are not wanted there. We stayed there for 6 nights and we can tell you the only staff ever smiled was the cleaner. This hotel is a building site! There are big building works going on in the front and side of the hotel. The pictures on the website are fake. It seems to have been taken when they first opened this hotel. Although it shows there is an outside eating area with a gazebo, it's all in ruins now - the website should not be totally misleading with old pictures. The room is too small for 4 people, it really was a squash. We stayed at the 1st floor which has a balcony - so shocking, it is faced by a giant brown carpark wall of the shopping centre. It says tea, coffee facilities but they only have thin plastic cups. We asked for 2 coffee cups at the reception and they sent us to the pool bar that was open on that one odd night. The barman refused to lend any and said the reception should not have sent us there. So we reported back to the reception and they sent us to the restaurant upstair; the manager said they never give cups out to take to the rooms. Then We came back to the reception and they said they can't help us. We felt that the reception staff were cheeky for sending us around like that. Towels are not provided at the pool and you are not allowed to take the hotel towels either. The pool bar is not open in the day time - all these are contradicting the pictures on the website. We noticed it was open only two nights, after the pool was closed. There is a bar in the reception area but it is closed and only there as a show case.

Loved the shopping centre near by and the hotel is closer to the bus stop which is easy to visit central Rome . Clean swimming pool (the website is a total make up, no towels provided and old parasols and sun beds) Very good daily maid service - they really clean well. They also provide lots of towels, soaps and shampoos. The breakfast is same everyday but good variety of cakes and pastries no fresh fruits though.

They don't provide any coffee, tea, kettle and cups in the room. I was so sad with that because I arrived at 1 am and had the only one option to drink tap water. The location is super far away, don't recommend to travellers who don't have a car. Because the tube in Rome is usually closed at 11pm, it would be very difficult to get to the place by bus. Also, for me, it was wasting time at least 1h for one-way, while at night, it took me 2h to get to the hotel by the tube+bus.

I really liked the room It was super big, comfortable and clean. The hotel is very nice, the staff is friendly and they helped me to get to the hotel from the airport as I made calls and asked a lot of questions. Breakfast was included and it was ok.

• Economy Quadruple Room

Swimming pool was a bit small, i would not recommend the hotel for relaxing. You should see it as a perfect base for visit Rome

Good location outside city centre to park your car. With bus + metro you can reach the centre in 25 min for eur 1.50 Good clean rooms with airco and good breakfast.

• Economy Quadruple Room

Rooms were more like american roadside motel style. Reception was quite isolated from the rooms. and there were nobody to contact with in the block so there were some concern about the security. Construction work was quite annoying .

It is good in the sense that it was right good in price and location. The bus stop was right outside the entrance that would take you to the Metro. Breakfast was quite good and there was quite a few options.

Since we came first time to Roma and without car, so location of the hotel is a bit distant from the center. Breakfast was so-so, mostly contains bakery and bread, celection of healthy food was limited. Also we arrived middle of the night and there was no drinking water in the room.

Hotel is new and clean but still construction is not finished. Perfect for people who is traveling with the cars. People at the teception was very friendly, professional and helpful.

• Economy Quadruple Room

We were on the ground floor with the view of the back of a staircase and a car park, but all the upper rooms have a balcony and a better view. As a family room the accommodation was a little cramped for four people, but clean and well equipped.

The location is good when travelling by car, with plenty of dining options in the adjacent shopping centre, but its a half hour drive into central Rome. The swimming pool and sun-bathing terraces are a bonus. The staff were very attentive and the breakfast choice was excellent. Good value for money.

• Economy Quadruple Room

The hotel staff (all that we encountered) were ungracious and seemed to be unhappy to be working at the hotel. From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we knew we had made a big mistake in choosing this hotel. We paid for a quad room and were given a double room with two cots. When I went to the front desk to complain, the man told me the quad rooms were already booked. Ridiculous!

The only thing I liked was the location of the property

Breafast all the time the same.More sweets ...no vegetables or some other food very poor.

I like the fact that was near Euroma shopping center and near bus station. Room was clean.Pool was nice but always crowded.

The reception is bad. They didn't even bother asking us if we needed help with the luggage. Our room was really far away and since they are building some stuff outside we had to walk for approximately 5 minutes to get inside our building – it was almost 40 degrees, we were full of bags and we took more than 10 minutes to get INSIDE OUR ROOM after going to the reception. They didn't answer the phone, I had to call them 8 times consecutively to ask for help with the air conditioner. By the way, the first night the air conditioner wasn't turning on and I was told by phone the air conditioner DIDN'T WORK AT ALL and they were sorry about that. I was REALLY tired but I had to go downstairs, crossed the whole parking lot, went to the reception and asked them why did they give us a room that has no air conditioning if we were paying for that. She said she would send someone to repair it. All the staff had to do was closing the window correctly. I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't gone downstairs to ask them personally how so we didn't have air conditioning with 40 degrees outside. Would we get no air conditioning for 3 days, since the woman told us it didn't work the first time I asked? What the h*ll, man...

The room is good. Comfortable and clean.

• Economy Quadruple Room

There was no kettle in the bedroom and when I asked and offered to pay more I was told that I was not able to have a kettle as the room I was in was not a premium one. When making my booking it was for a family of four, and I only had the option of one room, I was under the impression that all rooms were similar and there is a picture of a kettle on the website so this was disappointing as I had my mother with me and she likes a hot drink in the evening which may fall later than then opening hours of the restaurant.

Lots of space and time given to have breakfast. There was a wide selection of foods so that everyone should be able to find something suitable to eat. Breakfast staff were friendly. At the reception you are able to purchase a metrobus card to use on public transport. Train maps with the bus numbers taking you to and from the hotel to the centre were available. A good shopping centre is walking distance from the hotel that has a variety of shops and places to eat. The room was exactly as shown on the website apart from the kettle, do not be put off by the sign when approaching as the interior is excellent.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

One of the things we would have liked were local bars to go to. The mall is good for shopping but the eateries inside the mall were very average.

We found the hotel & pool to be very clean and the staff were friendly. For us the location was perfect, a 20 minute walk to the metro, gets you easily into the city or out to the seaside.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The hotel has recently been renovated, and there is a new building with parts that are not finished, which meant some noise and dust. We had booked a triple room, but were initially given a double room in the new building with an extra portable bed. After talking with the management, we were «upgraded» to a real triple room in the new building. The rooms are decent, but there are no wardrobes, so if you are staying there for several days, you must use your baggage as storage (this goes for all rooms). Even in the new building there are lots of insects (mosquitos, small stinging flies and some ants), so make sure you close your baggage, unless you want to bring home some «guests». Breakfast is served in a large room above the reception, and consists of the cheapest products you can find. They have one type of egg (scrambled), in addition to rice (!), salami, ham and one type of cheese. There are no vegetables at all, probably because that would require cleaning (i.e. extra work). The fresh fruit "section" consists of a bowl of apples only! The sweets consist of 2-3 rather similar cakes and croissants, some of which have been cut open and filled with cream or jam. They also have dispensers containing some undrinkable industrial sludge they refer to as «juice». The staff (with few exceptions) appeared to hate their jobs. Enjoying the pool (if you can find a vacant sun bed) includes paying 3 euros per person per day for some torn rags they call «pool towels». Make sure you get a clean one, and not one that has just been returned by another guest. We chose to complain by referring to the fact that there was no information about paying for the towels, so we got them for free. It is our impression that everything at this hotel has been designed to extract as much money as possible from the guests, while at the same time giving as little as possible in return.

Nice location, if you like shopping centers (the EUROMA2 center is the nearest neighbor). The cleaning staff were nice. The general manager was polite and accommodating. Free wifi, but rather slow.

I DIDNT LIKE THE SERVICE, USUALLY STAFF WAS RUDE AND THEIR ENGLISH WAS NO VERY GOOD. CLEANING WAS IN GENERAL OK, BUT FLOOR WAS FULL OF DUST AND BALCONY HAD BROKEN TILES.  BATHTUB DIRTY. WIFI DINT WORK AT ALL.

HORRIBLE BREAKFAST, NOTHING LIKE IN THE PICTURES . SAME FOOD EVERYMORNING AND WATER TASTES VERY BADLY. NO FRUITS AVAILABLE.  COFFEE WAS OK BUT THERE WAS NO FILTER COFFEE JUST ITALIAN VERSIONS.

Surrounding area looks just bad. Tall buildings of a Congress center nearby almost are blocking the sun. Hotel is next to the very very busy six lane street and gas station. Pool and other hotel surrounding inside the property look bad, non finished, unorganized and very cheap (in contrast with the rooms). Access to the property from the main street is a nightmare!

Rooms are clean! Parking is spacious and in front of the building. It's a kind of closed property, or restricted access for non guests.

We liked the atmosphere. Family friendly and located adjacent to main Shopping Mall. Very comfortable family enviorment to live. However, you have to catch a bus for metro station which is at 5 mins drive and can go to anywhere in Rome. Would love to stay again. Staff was excellent

The environment was excellent

• Economy Quadruple Room

Super small apartment, not suitable for 4 people it was room for 2 with 2 extra beds (one was broken) no room to put the leg has left. do not be attracted by low price you will be disappointed. Might be ok for 2 people.

Nice staff, clean room

• Economy Quadruple Room

Service was not good at all. There wasn't any answer before our arrival to my emails or phone and booking.com person couldn't reach them either. On our arrival to the hotel same lack of service did continued. No greetings or any smile. Room was the tiniest what we have ever had to share with 4person. There is also big construction ongoing on hotel area. If you want bewerages to pool area bring your own, because you wont be able to buy any. On evening time pool bar is open when pool is closed. One way Taxi to the colosseum costs ~27€/4 person. Bus tickets were sold out during our stay on reception and also from shopping center tobacco kiosk. Maybe bus shuttle to the centrum would be wise to consider as on solution for location issue.

Pool area was nice. Shopping center is close to hotel.

The hotel is next to a dual carriageway which gets bigger at one end. There is nothing much around it except for lots of petrol stations. Hotel staff were very unhelpful. They gave you a map of the centre or Rome but no information at all about where we were situated. No information about bus passes or restaurants shops cafe's in the immediate area. They never answered the phone or email. Before we got there I sent an email asking for late checkout which they never answered. When I asked they gave me an extra hour after checkout. The hotel is a building site. It should be billed as a 3 star NOT 4. When we were leaving there was no-one to get our bags out of storage. They had 2 large parties checking in. We had a taxi waiting. The only way I could get attention was to interrupt one of the reception staff as we would never have retrieved our luggage. Would NOT stay there again.

There is a shopping mall directly next door with a supermarket inside it so you can get supplies. Also at night there is a sandwich van situated in a petrol station which also sells alcohol. In a car park down the road next to Euronics there is a restaurant called In&Out. It closes at 9pm. They don't speak English and don't make an effort either. Have some Italian under your belt as they whisper to eachother a lot. The food is mainly steaks and pizza. There is also a club in the same car park area. It sounds great from the outside. Mainly Italian, no chart favourites but sounds lively. In this area people don't speak English very well, so have a little Italian under your belt. Back to Hotel Colombo. Although the pool area was very small, it was pleasant. There is a cupboard bar at poolside. The pool closes at 8pm. No idea what time the bar opened as we didn't get the chance to use it. The twin room was very small but the room was clean. The hotel restaurant was nice but a bit expensive.

It was an odd location. Hard to find tucked away. The staff was not very friendly. They explained nothing about the room to us. I had to reconnect to the wi-fi every time I went between buildings. The restaurant service was terrible; not very professional. They took forever to wait on us and the food was not very good. The temperature in the restaurant was very warm. Not the worst experience I've ever had but certainly not what I was expecting.

The bartender opened my bottle of wine for me at no charge.

Rooms were smaller than usual in block 1. It would also be better if the staff could advice the guests to access the mall easily. This wasn't mentioned to us.

The rooms were clean and had the necessary amenities. Free parking but not supervised. The hotel is in the outskirts so a decent walk to the nearest metro. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel main entrance.

• Economy Quadruple Room

safe didn't work WiFi slow and not always reliable Bathroom smelled awful

location near bus route and sites parking outside window of room air conditioning beds comfortable quiet - good for sleeping

A little distant from city center but easily accessible

The rooms were exactly as shown on the internet, rooms were clean and the bathrooms were spacious and it was nice to be able to take a shower with a water pressure :)

Photos on booking.com are deceiving, they make rooms look big. This is like a motel, not a hotel. Too much noise at night of people partying, not friendly for kids at all. Overall I was not happy!

Building site, nothing local apart from massive shopping centre. Do not go here unless you have a car. We moved after 2 nights.

The room was clean and modern

Browse Hotel Cristoforo Colombo traveller photo gallery