Reviews of Crowne Plaza Milan Malpensa Airport 4 stars

Via Ferrarin 7, 21019 Case Nuove, Italy

#6 of 9 hotels in Case Nuove

I came in on a night flight so appreciated that the check In was quick and the staff extremely obliging. The hotel’s proximity to the airport is most convenient for an overnight lay-over or a short business visit.

Having to pay for the courtesy bus...just charge me in the overall cost of the hotel the next time. The surrounding area looks tired and unloved. Get the car park weeded!

Underwhelmed on the appearance outside. I picked this hotel as I thought it would be significantly better than the other options at the airport. Staff were very good.

• Double or Twin Room

It's dark old and in need of a renovation the meal in the evening was ok but breakfast well I could go on terrible.... how can Crowne plaza promote this as 4 star compare this to crowned plaza in Zurich no comparison as a IHG member they need to get it better

• Double or Twin Room

I had a short layover, wanted to sleep close to the airport, the shuttle to arrive to the hotel (only 5 minute drive or 30 minutes walk) leaves every 45 minutes and is shared with another hotel and you have to pay for it. I had to arrive to the room 30 minutes later than I expected and had to come to the airport to be safe 45 minutes before planned.

The hotel is great, comfortable and clean and reasonably close to the airport and good relation price - quality.

• Double or Twin Room

no easy access to eather terminal 1 or 2 by walk that was told me because of the road constructions.

the staff at reception responded my phone well late at night and arranged me the night shuttle bus.

The airport shuttle service is limited (every 45 min), which is a little ridiculous for an airport hotel. In the time I waited for the shuttle I saw other hotel shuttles stop by 2-3 times. My advice for those coming in late in the evening or early mornings: stay at the Sheraton. The hotel staff at check in wasn't friendly (the guy was French, so maybe he was perfectly friendly for a French man)

On our journey back to Malpensa, the shuttle bus driver did not/would not load the luggage. We paid for this service. Very little response from desk staff on booking in and out. Just did what they had to do. Rotten fruit in lobby for guests. Breakfast very ordinary. In reviews some people paid for shuttle whilst others got it free. No-where in the area to get food apart from Hotel.

Very convenient Hotel to Malpensa. Quite basic but adequate including breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

The front desk told us that it would be a ten-minute walk from central station to La Scala. It was more like 40 min.

Airport bus should be included in room rate. It's annoying to have to pay, when you take the train to get to Milan. Room was very comfortable and clean.

• Double or Twin Room

Aircon did not work the whole night, v warm and stuffy room. Repairman tried to fix, but not successful. Too tired to ask anything anymore. Bfast was so-so, staff there just stood around while guests hv plates piled up on tables.

Staff were terrible communicators. It took multiple phone calls at 11 pm to figure our how to get to the hotel after taxies refused to take us. The first phone call should have been which airline did you arrive Annette? All the angst and 1 hour delay would have been avoided!!!!!

Comfortable room

• Double or Twin Room

Room was unairconditioned, prob they knew as the cleaners should evaluate while preparing. Wasted a day in heat! Had to pay 8 euros for after midnight shuttle, at website said shuttle is free. They should inform except after midnight, would have booked another. Really poor

Terrible parking accommodations! We’re never told on check in about the covered parking for 15 Euros per day. Had to park in the Blue area at bottom of the steps and try and feed the meter daily with a credit card which sometimes didn’t work correctly. Cost was approx 18-19 Euros per day. Watching others at the meter, coins seemed to work better then a credit card. When I asked to buy some coins at your check in desk I was told you didn’t have any. Would strongly suggest you have coins available for your guests to purchase.

Good breakfast room and food daily. Staff opened up the breakfast room at night so we could have some wine and cheese and play cards. Really nice of the staff to allow us to do this. Umbrellas at front door, nice touch. Thank you ! Terry

I would expect a better coffe as we were in Italy after all.

Hotel located very close to the Malpensa Airport, ideal for a short stay when you arrive late at night (like we did) or deprture very early in the morning. Reception available 24/7 with friendly front desk staff. Spacious enough rooms (for two), very silent and clean, offering comfortable beds and whatever equipment you can think of (including ironing board). Bathrooms super clean, towels soft and small cosmetics /toilletries available. I would definately recommend this place to you and will stay aagain if need something close to the airport.

• Double or Twin Room

Poor shuttle service. I arrived in Milano Malpensa at 22:30 in the evening and I’ve been asked by the hotel to wait 50 mins at the terminal, just for 5 mins drive to the hotel! Unbelievable, this people are clearly not understanding what are customers/travellers needs. I will never book here again.

I like the Italian style of saying YES YES YES OF COURSE to everything - it would be great to respect those commitments.

• Double or Twin Room

Climate control in room wasn’t working properly. I asked for assistance though to fix it and they sent someone quickly .

Liked close proximity to the Malpensa Airport

• Double or Twin Room

The bar area was unattended at times. Even though a nominal amount, I was surprised at the airport shuttle charge.

Comfortable and convenient for the airport.

• Double or Twin Room

It's the second time I'm staying here between flights and I love it. Lovely and clean rooms, friendly staff, nice garden too! Plenty of parking space and 3 minutes drive from Malpensa. I would definitely stay here again!

The food at the restaurant is rather bad. I got the feeling it’s not freshly made and is largely from packets after 2 night meals. I guess after the delights of Italian cooking for 3 weeks rather disappointing.

Great bed nice room ideal for rest.

is a so practical hotel if you fly early in the morning and you want avoid the traffic of milano , so just arrived in the evening get a nice dinner and a good sleep , i use it before and i will use it again

hard to find shuttle to hotel. very old fation and style. located in a gloomy, deserted looking area near the airport. brakfast not very good or fresh.

good shower, reasnable shuttle to the airport.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Our luggage was stolen & they refused to help us in any way. We had to insist that they give us the local police phone number. They were rude & just plain unhelpful

Close to airport

Shuttle service to and from hotel-malpensa aiport in the late evening dramtic, 45 minutes wait; in the morning shedule more frequent and convenient, but one has to pay separately for the service. Then, my mistake, the airport-hotel was further away from the airport than expected.

The room was adequate for the purpose, the staff was formally courteous, for a 1 night stay one can justify the relative modest price for the quality one gets.

When we arrived for some reason Hotel was not ready to accept us. They had a place for 2 families and the offered us the nearby Holiday Inn hotel with discount. The trick was that the group which arrived after us have got their room - this is the first that I didn't liked when the hotel beautifully cheats you. When we arrived to Holiday Inn it was so poor and cheap - no service, poor breakfast, no hangers, shower without doors. Crown has charged us double price. They moved us to poor place and earn double on - that is very, very unfair.

Crown can cheat beautifully

Check in very poor, card key to door didn't work, had to get another, staff couldn't care attitude, including man in front given room that hadn't been made up or cleaned. This was at 9pm...

Location to airport and friendly driver who operated the coach transfer. Comfortable bed.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff is not particularly nice but they give you what you want, so all in all you get what you want.

The pillows are really comfy, and was unexpected, and the rooms are not spacious.

The room was ok, normal... but it doesn’t smell really nice. It smells old. That was actually the main problem.

The bathroom and the bed. The shuttle service

Breakfast should surely improve.

The hotel is close to the airport and has great staff. The Wifi works perfectly and is great for a night close to the airport.

• Double or Twin Room

the bus shuttle was nearly terrible. When we arrived at the appointed pick up spot at the airport I rang the hotel and was told that I would have to wait another 40 minutes for the next shuttle and if I wanted to catch a taxi the taxi would charge me a fortune. Luckily the person did not realise the shuttle bus was running late and it arrived in about 2 minutes. The shuttle going from the hotel back to the airport was a lot easier as you could book that from the hotel and set your alarm accordingly. I would not stay here again as the thought of standing at the airport for up to 45 minutes waiting for a shuttle bus is not worth the cheaper price compared to the Sheraton at the airport - unless they increased the frequency of the shuttle (by a lot)

very good value for money and comfortable (but fairly basic) and clean property.

Cooked breakfast was very simple and sometimes cold. We were surprised the shuttle bus cost money. For an airport hotel, we expected the shuttle to be free.

It was convenient and comfortable. I'd stay there again.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room 122 was facing tha airport and was located above the main entrance so we heard both the shuttle buses and airplanes

The king executive room was spacious Dinner was better than expected

• Double or Twin Room

Very upscale for a simple airport hotel. I stayed there due to the convenience of being near the airport. It was a step up from Ibis for example and some other airport hotels. Good mattress and linens.

• Double or Twin Room

The bar person was absent and inattentive and on two visits I had to wait unduly, until I asked reception to find her. Not good for hotel image.

Good welcome, good room, spacious with good bathroom. Dinner was excellent at reasonable price for airport hotel where you normally get ripped off. Comfortable bar for working in.

Breakfast was a shambles. Not enough of anything and staff were so under the pump cleaning tables off that nothing got replaced.

Good size room and Tue bed was comfy.

• Double or Twin Room

Regular taxi from airport doesn’t want to go to hotel, as they look for trips to Milan (or further). During the day good option is bus transfer.

Good option for overnight stay near Malpensa Airport.

There was no hot water. I'd like to have a shower or bath after all day long travel.. This is why I book 4 stars hotels. I'll never come back to this one. I helped myself by making hot water in the 0,5 liter tea kettle and bring it into bathtub. Nice 90 minutes at midnight.

silence in the night

• Twin Room - Smoking

The staff could have done better. Communication in English and information could have been provided in a better manner.

Bed was extremely comfortable. The mini-bar was well stocked. The restaurant and menu was well suited for continental taste. The bus service provided to reach airport was dot on time and very convenient. All in all excellent stay.

• Double or Twin Room

The location was perfect since we were flying out of country the next morning. The staff were great and easy to work with. The food in the restaurant was excellent as was the staff.

The smell of stale smoke in the room and the uncontrollable heat/cold ! The pillows were really uncomfortable and I didn't sleep at all

The staff were lovely but it took a very long time to check in , they seemed to favour he cabin crew from Oman airways to us !?!

• Double or Twin Room

When we booked booking .com confirmed us to get a reward of euro 9.45 to be deducted or paid out at checkout time. The hotel did not know about and refused to accept.They told us, booking.com would refund us.What to do?

Good beds,fresh air by window to open,always a good service

• Double or Twin Room

It is ashame that they charge airport shuttle , I was planning to eat in the hotel restaurant but they charge 7,00€ for every single person as service fee in addition to the extreme high prices in the menu. I believe they are principally trying to benefit from the location but i saw a nice restaurant just 600 meters away where i could dine for less than the half price .

• Double or Twin Room

We were looking for a place close to the airport as we had an early flight. This was perfect - 2 minutes from the airport. Staff could not have been nicer. The room was great - very clean. The room had a coffee pot with tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. The beds were perhaps the best beds we had on our stay in Italy. Did not take the breakfast so cannot comment on that but did have dinner and service was good. Wine was excellent!

• Double or Twin Room

The room was really spacious, the bed was comfy and the bathroom shining clean. My wife and I appreciated the proximity to the airport; less than 5 minutes by taxi and about 10 minutes by the hotel shuttle.

Poor breakfast (in comparison with Schiphol(Amsterdam) Crowne Plaza) Impossible to equalize air-condition: too cold all night The window does not close tightly(room 106): annoying lower noise from power transformer under the window. Fortunately planes take off from other side of building. Transfer to/from T1 EUR4 for person

Friendly staff give very useful advices

almost everything.

The manager was rude from the beginning. She provided erroneous information and was defensive when asked about why. The restaurant was not open as we were told, departing customers were complaining about it, the lobby was filled with sprawled out male clients who arrived on a bus (we felt very uncomfortable) , and the room was superficially clean at best. I would never recommend this hotel or any other hotel in this chain on the basis of this visit.

• Double or Twin Room

To much time waiting for the food of our dinner. Not posible regulate water temperature in our room.

Convenient for an early flight,close to the airport. Reasonable shuttle fare. Nice rooms.

• Double or Twin Room

Friendly stuff, perfect restaurant inside the hotel and good breakfast. Really close to the airport Malpensa. Clean and comfortable rooms. Good hotel car park infront of the hotel.

See WIFI comment above.

Overall, this hotel was excellent and a good value. Clean and comfortable. Front desk ladies were very friendly and efficient. Could not get WIFI to work on my iPad but it did on my phone - ??

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is poor. There is no fork to use when we arrived the breakfast room. When we arrived the room at 8:00 am, most of the food are finished.

Check out the shuttle bus service times in advance and take the shuttle bus to the hotel! So this has nothing to do with the hotel, but dishonesty among taxi drivers in Milan. I took a taxi there for Euro25, when he originally said Euro20 at the taxi stand, and the receptionist at Crowne Plaza said, "It's not right, but you're already lucky. Some customers paid for more and got extremely angry! It should only be around Euro 18-20". So it has happened before again and again! And the hotel shuttle only costs Euro4!!!

Price is great for a layover around Malpensa airport. Clean. Comfortable.

The location is in a very dreary, industrial type setting.

The hotel was in relative close proximity to the airport for early morning departures from Milan. Staff in the restaurant were friendly and accommodating. Shuttle service is regular and timely.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

That they charge 4 eur p.p. for the transfer to/from the airport. Considering the price of the hotel, it should be a free service, like in many other hotels that I know

Room size Cleaningness Staff's helpfulness

Airport shuttle bus didn't wait long enough. Ordered spaghetti bolognese & a glass of red wine to my room but got spaghettini bolognese & bread. No wine & charged for bread I didn't want!

Bed was comfortable, staff helpful & friendly. Spaghetti bolognaise delicious

• Double or Twin Room

That booking.com was not helpful in helping us arrange for a second night stay at the hotel. Thankfully the hotel helped us, but we were not able to get the second night at the same rates as the first night. Our schedule changed and why we needed to stay a second night.

We like the small town or country feel of the property and location to the Milan malpensa airport.

The woman who checked us in. The hotel was cold and sterile

The dinner was good. The staff was so unfriendly especially when we arrived to check in. The bar tender was also doubling as a wait staff so was unavailable

• Double or Twin Room

Airport bus driver was very erratic. gave very little assistance when loading/unloading luggage. bar prices were very expensive. two cans of Coke 5.00 Euro each! Drinks in the room fridge were warm, so had little choice but to purchase from the bar.

close to airport shuttle bus delivered us to the door good breakfast / dining facilities. Staff were very helpful by providing a breakfast as we had a very early flight. bar was open late too, this allowed us to have a relaxing drink before retiring to bed.

Rip off shuttle bus to Malpensa T1 when this hotel is advertised as at Malpensa. Miserable staff. Could this be due to Brexit jealousy ?

Very comfortable bed for 5 hours. Unable to positively comment any further due to length of stay.

Hard pillows

Staff were friendly, room was comfortable, had dinner at restaurant and the choices we made were delicious, just an ordinary spaghetti bolgonese and pizza.

Can't get to it via shuttle bus without a 10 minute walk. Room clean, tidy and cool! Ate in the restaurant in the evening - really good value compared to other airport hotels around the world. Staff were unobtrusive but attentive. €4 each to terminal 1 the following morning was a bit steep when the shuttle bus goes between both terminals for free. All round good experience.

• Double or Twin Room

nothing . it suited my needs perfectly one night at the beginning and end of my holiday. Thank you

the reception staff were especially helpful wen I had trouble signing into your wifi with my cell phone

The airport shuttle info was confusing and the airport shuttle was parked a little off where we were supposed to wait. We saw a shuttle bus from the back but there is no sign at the back of the shuttle bus to indicate that it is the shuttle bus for the hotel, so there is no way we would know that that's the shuttle bus we are supposed to catch. Since the shuttle is parked off the waiting point, I would have expected the driver to come round to ensure that there is no one waiting for this shuttle before he left (that's what I saw drivers doing elsewhere), but he didn't. Hm... and that means another 30 mins....

Variety in the breakfast.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel knew better times. I was there in the past. This time it was not so good. Breakfast was very poor. And outside the hotel, but very near.. You can find 3 sets of cellular antennas.. Are you ok to slip so near to them ?? I am not !!.

Very close to the airport

None.

Best Hotel around Malpensa Airport! it is not the first time we've stayed there. Very convenient location (five minutes from the Airport) with free parking and very good facilities. Easy to find and reach there, very quite and clean. Rooms are good but small for family with kids. Service is very good and staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is with extended hours for airport travelers, but should be with little bit more choice. We recommend this hotel for people in business trips to Milan and around, or traveling by rent-a-car going through Malpensa airport afterwards.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Poor restaurant menu and prices. Warm rooms (air con not great). Unattentive staff.

Comfortable bed. Beautiful rooms. Quiet despite being next to the airport.

The hotel made us buy one more double room just for our son, so supposedly he would sleep alone in the room. What actually happened was that one of us had to sleep with our son, so we slept separated. They try to squeeze extra money from everything ( ex. They've charged the shuttle to the airport 4 Eur per person)

Nothing, next time it will probably be Sheraton which is directly in the airport

• Double or Twin Room

Staff in restaurant, check-in process

Good rooms, very nice bathroom with separate bath room and shower. The shuttle to the airport was reliable and fast.

The breakfast left a lot to be desired. The staff were unorganised, however, for 1 day it wouldn't put me off staying there again.

The hotel is absolutely ideal for a one night stay when travelling enroute from Malpensa Airport to elsewhere in the region. The bedroom was very comfortable. The shuttle bus service was excellent.

Having to pay 4 euro and 8 after midnight to be picked up from the airport. Breakfast was stale, luke warm and been there a long time and felt it was purely going through the motions had very little love.

Nice linen

• Double or Twin Room

Transport from the airport to the hotel after midnight inexistent ... hardly any taxi and very expensive: 20 Euro for a 5 min drive!

comfortable bed and spacious room

• Double or Twin Room

I liked the shuttle that went from the hotel to the airport terminal 1 but I felt the instructions weren't clear enough when trying to get back to the hotel from the airport T1. When I asked staff at the airport T1 where the pick up was for hotel shuttles noone seemed to know where I should wait(even sign posting within the airport T1 was confusing. Please note that there are 1 & 2 terminals airports and are quite far apart from each other(you really have to catch a bus). Anyway 1 person seemed to know where I should wait and even though I waited for an hour I didn't see that same hotel shuttle come. I asked someone else and he said to take a bus and will drop me off halfway between Terminal 1 & 2. So I got on the bus which wasn't quite the same hotel shuttle I got on but the bus dropped me off in between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 near a large carpark. I had to then walk to my hotel which was about 10 minutes.

I really enjoyed just opening the large slide out glass window and hearing the birds sing. It was so sunny outside and was relaxing.

• Double or Twin Room

The Hotel, was very drab and poorly maintained. The bedrooms smelt of both tobacco and damp, they were tired, poorly cleaned, 'grubby' would be a fair description. The food in the restaurant was very very poor.

The location of the Hotel to Terminal 1 was less than a 5 minutes drive.

My husband used this hotel for business trip so for our vacation he chose for our last night in Italy because is so close to the airport and have shuttles to the airport. I'm glad that he chose this one because now it's renovated and was so comfortable.

climatization was horrible. I was freezing. I had to call twice the staff, and at the end after midnight, they had to switch it off. at 3.30 I was sweating. I woke up at 6, and breakfast (10/15 euros!) was absolutely not for a 4 stars hotel. the navette to the airport must be paid (4 euros) when many other hotels offer for free. Never more.

• Double or Twin Room

First room didn't have working AC, but they were quick to switch us to another. Room keys are not self explanatory, no clue how to use without assistance. Take the shuttle from the airport to hotel, much better than the flat 20 Euro rate for two miles.

Very comfortable rooms and bathrooms. Soft beds, good water pressure, clean rooms.

I had some problems with air-conditioning, a colleague did not sleep because the air-conditioning in his room was broken and the room was freezing, during the night he asked to fix it, and at the end he got extra blanket. I heard the breakfast was very poor. The bus to the airport cost 4 EURO

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean

Everything was great

The breakfast was fantastic. When we got to the airport I called the hotel about the shuttle and they gave me very good directions as to how to get to the shuttle. A taxi wanted 20 Euros to take us there the hotel shuttle charged 8 Euros. We got to the hotel late around 9:30 and the restaurant was closed, we ask the girl tending the bar if there was any food we could get. She went to the restaurant and got us some lasagna, and a hamburger and heated it in the microwave for us. It was delicious and we really appreciated it as there was no where close to eat.

Browse Crowne Plaza Milan Malpensa Airport traveller photo gallery