Reviews of Hotel De La Ville 4 stars

#72 of 384 hotels in Florence

Based on 2075 hotel reviews

9.7

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Waited about 30 mins for bartender to take orders - one night we walked out as he forgot about us !! Not his fault - hotel is under staffed

location was great

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There is nothing that I disliked with hotel or staff

The whole stay was a wonderful experience for my wife and I. Our room and bathroom and the whole hotel was so clean.We remarked about it almost every day. The dining room and breakfast ,I would rate it out of ten and give it full ten points.Food was excellent and staff so friendly. Keep up the good work. Laurence. Ireland.

Very well located to all museums and attractions (walking distance) ... Breakfast was excellent and staff very courteous and helpful. The happy hour was great with excellent appetizers choice.

Can't think of anything I would change.

The suite was lovely and spacious.The staff was extra helpful and pleasant and the breakfast was irresistible. This hotel is very well appointed and close to all attractions. Thanks you for a marvellous 5 days.

The curtains didn’t ‘black out’ the room. No real sound proofing, there was a lot of noise from the street until the early hours. Basic toiletries. Inadequate laundry arrangements, only offered a two day turn round and no service over the weekend. The hotel did not have an iron available. As frequent travellers who travel reasonably light the laundry situation was a major inconvenience. The breakfast was ok but cooked eggs were, disappointingly, at an extra cost. No tea/coffee making facilities in the room. I’d say it was an old fashioned 4 star hotel that isn’t quite in the 21st century and isn’t as good as it thinks it is. The WiFI was a bit slow at times, ie slower than 3G on a mobile phone.

The hotel is in an excellent central location, ten minutes walk from the railway station on a very up market street. The Junior Suite was spacious and very clean but due to inadequate curtains the room was never dark; street lights at night, early morning sun. The bed was comfortable for sleeping on the edge but dipped in the middle so probably an old mattress. Decent bathrobes and slippers are provided. The housekeeping service was very good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very limited TV channels in English (only BBC World and CNN on a loop). The shower leaked a bit over the floor due to the seal around the half-shower door not fitting properly. It would have been nice to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights in a standard twin room (12-19 May). The staff were very welcoming. The location was perfect, just a few minutes walk to the Duomo, Ufrizi, Ponte Vecchio bridge and the Acadamia Gallery (to see the David statue). About a 10-minute walk to the train station. An easy walk up to the Piazzale Michaelangelo to see the magnificent view over Florence, where the Duomo stands out proud (don't miss seeing it!). The room was a good size and comfortable with mini bar and safety box and air con that is not too loud. The bathroom was nice and the toiletries replenished every day (but no hair conditioner or body lotion provided). Outside the street noise was practically non-existent so we had a good night's sleep. The breakfast was wonderful and excellent quality. The wifi is free and excellent. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel and would definitely stay here again if ever I return to Florence.

One of the best hotels i’ve ever been. When we come to Florence always stay at this hotel. Recommend to all our friends and come again with great pleasure. The staff do all their best for your comfort. The breakfast is super!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Great little amenities, like the slippers and cloth for placement at the side of the bed. I especially loved the standard of cleanliness and comfort of the bed and pillows. Lovely buffet breakfast, linens, etc. Fabulous!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Hotel is in great location! A few blocks from the Duomo and high end shopping. The staff was very accommodating / helpful printing out documents for us. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was also good.

The room came with only 2 upright chairs, which were not very comfortable. When asked for a more comfy one, I was told I had to be in a Junior Suite instead of a Superior Room to Merit one, At €250 a night I expect one.

Excellent location and breakfast, plus good size room

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The WiFi could have been better.

Hotel de la Ville is a well managed hotel in the very center of the city. The staff is friendly and helpful, Melissa and Martina in the reception are an asset to the hotel.

• Superior Triple Room

(1)Breakfast exactly the same for 6 days! (2) 1 young-blonde lady in reception staff not to polite, but overall the team is fine (3) Concierge should be able to provide more details on Sienna or other related tours (plus and minus of each trip)— set up proper expectations of each choice versus cost, hence if value-for-money or not

Gluten free basket Fresh fruit selections in breakfast Hotel location very good with easy access to everything

• Suite

Breakfast was too hectic in a small space and there wasnt enough variety of food. Staff were too rushed and forgot customer requests

Location was excellent, staff were very friendly, the suite was nice and spacious

This hotel has a very old style room lock and key. To lock the door securely, one needs to turn the key twice so that the bolt is put into proper locking position. We did not like at all how we found that the room door lock has been turned to the minimum locking position, every time we returned to the hotel (after few hours of sightseeing or dining in Florence). This happened irrespective of what time of the day. Hotel front office staff explained that house keeping staff just pull the door shut behind them after cleaning the room. This does not explain the situation as we saw in the evenings and at night. (We saw a staff member - who did not look like house keeping - emerging from an adjoining room - as we returned to our room late at night. The guests in that room seems to be away at that time). The hotel management must instruct its staff to turn the key twice and lock the door properly every time they leave the room when guests are away (otherwise, a simple device can open any room that had been shut by simply pulling the door behind them).

We stayed two nights. Hotel staff were extremely helpful with city information and helped to print our forward reservations. We expected a workout hotel (as it is in the 'old' city centre), but what we found was a well appointed and well furnished property in very good order.

Very slow wifi. A hotel of this quality should invest in a better wifi.

great location, very nice staff, excellent breakfast, beautiful room facilities. Excellent quality and price ratio. I will certainly come back here again. I recommend

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The bed linen was dangerously electrostatic and the bathroom was quite petite. Pity there was no dedicated restaurant room, but nearby there are lots of good restaurants.

De La Ville excellent & quiet location. Easy 5 to 7 min walks to either the station, or to most sight seeing areas. Very clean and friendly atmosphere.

The music in the bar was far too noisy and the choice was low quality American pop, or something similar. Such an elegant bar demands more appropriate and lower key choices.

The public space, including the lobby and bar, is spacious and elegant. The location is perfect. Our room was spacious, comfortable and elegant. The breakfast was very good. We had an evening meal in the bar which was excellent, including well cooked fish.

Two things that did not sit well. Nothing major, but should not be in a hotel of this caliber. I went down to the breakfast room to ask for 2 cups of coffee to take back to my room to enjoy before we showered for breakfast. I didn't think there would be a charge as breakfast is included in the price. However, there was a 4 euro charge. This was fine, but I did not expect 2 half filled styrofoam cups set down in front of me with no sugar or milk or tray to carry it back on. This is something I request at every hotel and a lovely tray is always set up for me with a smile and no extra charge. The other issue was at happy hour. The wine list had a half bottle of Chianti for 15 euros. I ordered this, but was told it would be 16 euros as a glass of wine at happy hour was 8 euros each.....umm, what ???? Maybe something got lost in translation, but I think you're better off finding a charming little bar to soak up the local culture.

We spent 2 nights in a Jr suite. The room was gorgeous ! Huge marble bathroom. Robes, slippers & nice toiletries. You look right out onto a beautiful church with statues lit up at night that you can almost touch. The hotel is in a great location on the west side of town, all major sights are within walking distance. There are a few nice little restaurants on the streets behind the hotel. Very good breakfast. The happy hour is just so - so, but the lounge is a lovely room to relax in. Reception staff was very accommodating and friendly.

we had room 420 and every morning at 4 there was a lot of banging and noises for about an hour, i would not recommend this room to anybody

very clean and friendly

See above

I had booked a single room, next time I will book a double as the room was too small and I don't like a single bed. The windows were opaque and there was no view. Obviously Florence rooms are expensive.

The worst part was the arrogant manager. I did not complain about begin woken up at 6:30AM by a some very LOUD NOISE and PUTRID smell from the sewer cleaner. Nobody answered at reception and we had no idea what was going on. Needless to say, I was not in good mood that morning. The breakfast waitress was rude as all the guests were having breakfast at once and the room was full, the buffet ravaged etc. She took offense when I asked how long we wold have to wait for a table fro 3 and did not want to put 2 tables together to accommodate us. She told me to stop yelling (I was not yelling) when I asked in an irrupted tone if I might have a bowl to put my yogurt in or was I expect to use a plate? As I said, the buffet was not being refilled. SHE initiated the discussion with her supervisor. Then I was asked to speak to the manager. It was like being called to the principal's office. Instead of an apology, he lied and said a pipe burst (in fact it was a routine cleaning) and just made excuses. Only then did I decide that although last year we had a great visit and I planned to return every year when we visit friends in Florence, I would not give them another chance.

The windows do not shut out all the noise from the street. Nor the smells. Our room was not nearly as nice as the one we had last year. This became a huge problem when something noisy happened at 6:30AM waking us.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

a little problem with the bathroom, when you take a shower, you have to deal with the hot water and cold water......

breakfast is perfect, expecially the bread, so delicious. the location is prefect, very near to everywhere. within walking distance to the train station. if you take a cab, it only takes you 5 minutes to the station and 11 euro. the staff is very helpful too.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The bed was on the small size and the room was too hot (with no apparent way of turning down the heating).

Excellent location right in the centre of Florence. Really good breakfast with plenty of fresh fruit.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Could be usefull tu put slippers in the room. The floor in the bathroom is cold.

The hotel is located on one of the beautiful streets of Florence. Perfect location for visiting all the main points of the city center. The junior suite where we stayed was pretty large, very comfortable and cozy. Breakfast was better then in most 4 star hotels in Italy.

The room was spacious, light, quiet and clean with good furnishings. The breakfast was very good with excellent fresh fruit available. The staff were all friendly, efficient and extremely helpful. The central location is brilliant.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I liked everything about this hotel. The staff are really exceptional.

The staff were exceptionally friendly. The room was outstanding and comfortable. The bathroom was really incredible with great water pressure. It was January and I suppose not so full. So I was upgraded from a superior room to a junior suite. There were two windows that I could open for morning fresh air. I love a hotel with windows that work. The bar in the evening with snacks and a fireplace was very relaxing and the bartender was so friendly. He recommended a great bottle of local wine and then corked it so that I could have a glass ready for me each evening of my 3 night stay. It’s ideal location on a pedestrian street sets it above every other hotel where traffic roars by.

I could not fault anything

Beds were amazingly comfortable, staff were extremely helpful with all our questions and bookings for dining and the location was fantastic. Breakfast provided an excellent variety of food

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff were nice but not the friendliest compared to other places we'd stayed in.

Very nice, traditional hotel... extremely central, clean, traditional yet decadent decor. Brilliant bathroom! Loved the 6pm-7pm American bar (recommend taking a pack of cards; it became our nightly tradition).

The receptionist was very very rude. She was screaming at the top of her head the whole time. We can hear everhthing from other rooms even if someone is talking on the phone you can hear them. The hotel is old and the staff were rude, never again

The location was good

The rooms were super HOT! We turned the heat WAY down but still needed to open the window and shut the bathroom door (the towel heater gave off so much heat) and this is at the end of December. The problem with keeping the windows open is the street noise was very loud and made sleeping difficult.

Good location.Friendly bartender. Discounted bar drink. Pleasant breakfast.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Ms. Martina at the reception could easily improve her attitude in supporting in-coming guests. After having reached hotel to app. 40 meters distance, road has been blocked by a remote-controlled barrier. Instead of lowering barrier Ms.Martina explained (i) she does not have a remote, (ii) can not send bell-boy and (iii) we are supposed to use alternative routes to reach hotel (which later on turned out to be completely false and misleading). After having left the car (luckily finding a spot for our small car) in the street we have walked to the hotel and garage personnel took over accordingly. "Welcome incident" did, however, not spoil our stay!

Excellent location, breakfast offerings exceeding Italian average, great coffee, well-mannered and customer-oriented personnel (with one minor exception)

Whilst the breakfast was good, the coffee and juices were poor, the orange juice in particular sweet and syrupy

The hotel location was great,the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable and elegant.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing to say here. Was just wondering when booking a taxi that concierge had never heared about Pinacoteca Ambrosiana.

It started from the entrance, love from the first moment. Comfortable reception hall, friendly and quick check-in, beautiful room, large bathroom with real soft towels, fantastic breakfast with cosy terrace, swimming pool (what is longer than 5 m) and sauna. Everything had some special touch, I was impressed that something still exists! When booking I was thinking that the location could be more central, but it was still good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

€8 for a small measure of Wine & €11 for a Spritzer is quite expensive & the highest we paid on this trip to Italy.

Very comfortable hotel with extremely pleasant staff. Good continental buffet breakfast with plenty of choices. Happy Hour from 6 to 7 pm daily in the hotel bar with complimentary snack food.

Unfortunately there was a taxi strike so we had to walk to the hotel from the train station, it was close by but still was a bit of a hazard to do so. But the hotel makes it up for any trouble.

The hotel is really nice and comfortable, a lot of convenient places around it

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was heated up by the towel rack in the bath room. Seems like the heat is generated by hot water as couldn't find any on/off button. It was so hot that we had to open the window even at night. It was very noisy as the hotel sits in the city center.

The location - can go anywhere by foot. The breakfast - not only the food was good, the servers were friendly and professional.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There were several issues: 1. The room and hotel were excessively hot. Even after the heating was turned off in the room it was to hot to get a good night's sleep. There was nothing the hotel could do to rectify this as " it is winter so the heating is on" we were told and they can't adjust it. 2. The maid left our room with the door open unattended for one hour - fortunately nothing was stolen. 3. After we had left having paid our bill we were told that we had failed to declare that we had had juice and champagne from the mini-bar. We do not steal and had correctly declared the 2 bottles of water we had used and we paid for those. The representative I spoke to on the phone refused to say sorry about any of these matters and refused to give me the name of the Manager. All this somewhat spoilt our stay.

Good linen. Clean. good location for the sights and shops. Florence is very interesting and the restaurants we used were very good.

It really was perfect.

Everything! We had a Junior Suite with a sitting area. It was perfect. The public lounge area was luxurious and inviting. A bit of luxury close to everything Florence has to offer.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Don't use a hotel lobby bar, they offer you 20% discount for the first drink but even with discount it's two times more expensive for same drinks as a street bars. That is why lobby bar is always empty.

Location, staff, cleaning, breakfast are good.

As it wasn't a heating season still in Italy, the room was a bit cold.

The hotel location is very good - easy to access to all museums, shops, restaurants etc. Easy to get also to railway station. Staff were very friendly and helping. Big thanks for that!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Overall a bit dated and rundown likely from the crush of tourists in Florence. Our tub backed up first night, full of yucky stuff, but they did plunge and take care of it quickly.

Very friendly and helpful staff, very clean facility and nicely located.

• Superior Triple Room

Internet service was not the best was having issues entire time we stayed at the hotel.

Hotel was located in a great location, we could walk everywhere. Clean and having breakfast included was great. Room was very comfortable.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Rooms were a wee bit too warm for us. Would have loved to have working air conditioners instead of heaters.:)

Friendly & Helpfull Front Desk Staff. Small but clean & comfortable rooms. Great Breakfast. Great Location.

No iron in room or even available to borrow. Blow drier overheats after 3-5 minutes and need to wait 3-5 minutes for it to cool down to continue using. (Was told by staff that "this is normal"). Poor wifi signal unless in lobby. In room amenities were not plentiful (for example, no lotion, no conditioner, very few tissues)

Staff was friendly. Location was excellent. Liked the decor. Breakfast was great. Happy hour was good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Parking is offsite and they have to call the parking company to deliver the car to you. Just need a little pre-planning.

The staff, food, accommodations. All were excellent. We drove in and Florence is a traffic regulated city,(must have residence pass to get in) and the hotel took care of all the paperwork since I drove a rental car in.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Wifi was non existent and did not work the entire time we were there no matter where in the hotel we were. Incredibly noisy. From the busy street beside the hotel and in the hotel itself was like pounding all times of the day despite ear plugs Pillows were terrible

Location was fabulous They upgraded us as it was our honeymoon. And the room was plush and large. Breakfast was very good lots of options daily Staff were very helpful

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The smell in the foyer was off putting a bit expensive for what it was . Waiting staff at breakfast poor couldn’t cope.

It was good location and staff friendly. The hotel was a little old fashioned for me..

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel, the staff were very friendly, especially the bar man who gave us lots of tips on where to go etc. We also enjoyed the snacks they put out for you in the bar. The rooms were well presented and very clean.

No complaints.

What a great hotel in the heart of Florence. We had great accommodations, found the service to be exceptional and the complimentary breakfast was the best my family has ever experienced in any hotel in Italy. The quality of food was great. One perk is that they have an elevator for the physically challenged.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I cannot fault this hotel, everything and everyone were fantastic! This hotel should be a 5 star without a doubt. I am a little fussy yet this hotel was so clean, the staff super friendly, the breakfast was superb, the bar so comfy and relaxing and the hot and cold buffet they provide free of charge is faultless. I would come to Florence again just to stay at Hotel De la Ville.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

If anything, some of the staff at reception could have been more helpful.

This hotel is 600m from the station in a great location for sight seeing. The room, breakfast and restaurant were great!

Absolutely nothing!

Beautiful property. Very wonderful, friendly and accommodating staff. Given the chance I will always stay at this hotel when in Florence.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I got lost in Florence. No fault of anyone other than maps very confusing with no GPS

It was well situated. 10 minutes walk from station. It is not easy to find ones way around Florence but the staff at the hotel were so helpful. Would definitely recommend to fellow travellers.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was mediocre. Overpriced rooms.

Great location! Near everything you want to see. Amazing church across across the street to explore. In the heart of high-end fashion brand names.

Our shower leaked over the floor which was easily cleaned up with an extra towel

A magnificent suit room with night turn down service complete with slippers was very special. Evening happy hour drinks plus complimentary nibbles was very enjoyable. Breakfast selection cover all options for choice.

• Suite

Unbelievable location, right in the heart of the city.....beautiful hotel, room was gorgeous, valet parking so that was taken care of for us. They made dinner reservations for us, recommended places to go for lunch, staff were all courteous and professional. Located in the heart of the shopping precinct also

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Asked for a room with a view; we were given one which overlooked a roof! No acknowledgement of my husbands birthday which was the reason we were in Florence despite being notified in advance. Receptionist unfriendly on both check in and check out

The room size was good

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Would have loved a cup of coffee in the room before facing the world at breakfast. A little kettle with hot drink options in the rooms is the only thing missing for me. Excellent cappuccino at breakfast though

Excellent location, super friendly staff and rooms were large with lovely large clean bathroom. Very helpful team and helped with any queries we had about the amazing city of Florence

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff was terrific and extremely helpful. The hotel is located right in the heart of Florence close to all the attractions. We absolutely love the hotel.

Only minor issue we had was with the shower screen which wasn't waterproof and we had water all over the bathroom floor on the 1st evening.

Loved our room and had overall a very comfortable stay. Great central location and would stay here again.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast selection is very basic though coffee was great. The breakfast room is not so nice. Room can get a little noisy from the street.

Location was perfect. Room was big and had very nice view.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

When we booked this hotel it was bases on our criteria...2 adults and 2 children. A triple room was recomended. when we got there they first told us that we couldnt stay in a tripple room as there was four of us...when no quad rooms were available they charged us an extra 15 Euros per day for my 3 year old's breakfast.

Location was great. The staff were nice.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

terrible wi-fi; breakfast area should be improved and enlarged, it got too crowded at weekend

wonderful location, close to everything, pedestrian/ shopping streets, museums, churches, Ponte Vecchio; clean, quiet room

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not acceptable for such a hotel. I was on a 3 week vacation and stayed in 9 hotels during the trip. The lowest quality breakfast was served here. During my stay, once I asked the hotel for some shampoos and they refused to send more than one extra small shampoo to my room and told me that the hotel policy is that the guests are not allowed to have more than 1 extra shampoo. I could not believe the cheap and offensive reaction. The guests who are coming to this hotel are paying premium money and expect premium service. I would not choose this hotel again.

The hotel is in a nice area with many high end brands around. If you like a very live neighborhood, then this is not the best choice.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bed needs replacement. Too old and not comfortable, and the first room we were given was impossible to occupy because of previous smokers

Great Location comfort and security and staff helpful in solving our problem

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was a little bit too dark.

The staff was very, very friendly, especially at the bar and during the breakfast. The room was very clean. They changed the towells every day. And there were slippers for the bathroom as well. We will come back, of course.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We had asked for a large double bed but they joined two single beds instead which was extremely uncomfortable and spoilt our relax time. Location was good but difficult to find on foot and we got lost everyday in getting back. Staff at reception were unfriendly and over burdened.

The service at breakfast was excellent and very personalised, the waiters remembered our drinks preference every time. We loved the suite and the second bathroom.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The perfect place to stay if visiting Cinque Terra. Monterrosso is amazing. Hotel is a short walk from the train and your are there. Across the street from the private beach and outside dinning is a huge plus. Easy beautiful walk to the old town and water taxi that will take you to the other Cinque Terra towns during the day and an easy train ride back at night. Definitely pay the extra for the ocean view.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was no body lotion in the bathroom which surprised me. As this was a quick trip to Florence we brought only backpacks and didn't pack what I have been accustomed to find in 4 and 5 Star hotels. Breakfast needs to supply freshly fried or poached eggs. Bacon was absent, which is unacceptable and only one type of croissant was offered. Poor from an upmarket hotel.

The room was very comfortable with lots of space. The concierge were excellent; polite and we'll informed. Both checking in and out were efficiently handled. Having the beds turned down and slippers provided was as expected. The Cappuccino, freshly made and delivered to our table was superb.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Some friendly employees at reception but also very rude ones, possibly manager that had very little understanding of customer service, e.g.: - Wouldn't admit mistake was made and did not care that our room and children room were apart - Car was brought in font of hotel but employee dropped all are bags in the lobby instead of bringing it 5 meters further to the car

Well located Nice breakfast

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The wifi was terrible in our room. I couldn't even get a photo to attach when trying to send a note back to my family. The request kept timing out. Anyone relying on internet best not stay here. That was a disappointment and surprise given the star rating of the hotel. The bathroom was also shockingly small given all the full sized and beautiful elements in contained. I'm not sure if that was our room alone for some reason, or all of them. One couldn't be large and hope to move around in there easily.

The hotel was beautiful and a welcome respite from the heat outside. The staff was welcoming and the breakfast was great. Huge respect for their cleaning staff who I would hire instantly for my home if possible!

I didn't like that they shoved me literally in a closet and called it a room. It was clostrophobic; I couldn't even open my suitcase. The nighttime desk guy was a jerk. I flew in from SFO at night got to the hotel around midnight and he was mad about it. I noted what time id be arriving on my reservation arrival time. True prob was the tiny tiny tiny room with a twin bed...and the amount I paid for it.

Location was amazing. The day concierge and front desk staff nice and helpful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room on the 5th floor on the first night. When one books for nine days should get better accommodations.

Gina and her staff were very helpful, courteous, and very professional.

The rather cramped bathroom

The central location for shopping, entertainment, dining and proximity to River Arno n Ponte Vecchio. The very pleasant and helpful reception staff. The comfortable bed.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The fact that things with closed on a Monday, but I guess it's like theatres closed or dark on a Sunday in London West End.

Close to the Firenze Santa Maria Novella Railway Station (Main Station in Florence) and easy to get a taxi late at night to the hotel which is close. Very pleasant and lovely stay at the Hotel and in Florence, a lovely welcome and the Concierge/in general the hotel reception very kind and helpful. Also, due to the late arrival the barman/steward was very kind and made a very nice bar snack, very kind. However, I had planned it on a schedule that caused me to visit Florence at the wrong time, which is a Monday (when most places including the top museums and tourist attractions are closed), it was my mistake but couldn't be helped. Subsequently, I still had a great time, looking around including a brilliant horse carriage ride with a lovely informative driver, she spoke English well and talked about the history of the city and showed various sites for the full tour that is about 45mins for 100 Euros, albeit we had a lovely fast horse and opened up on straight sections so it lasted 35mins, but I understand horses so it was lovely. She even recommended a beautiful off the main streets very old local restaurant that was good for an wood oven pizza and other Italian treats, good wine and everything. Sadly later on that evening I had to get on a train to Venezia Santa Lucia (Venice Main Station), so didn't get a chance to sample the evening nightlife, including the Martini sign alight, but it was a fantastic place and I would go back.

Browse Hotel De La Ville traveller photo gallery