Reviews of Hotel Degli Aranci 4 stars

Via B.Oriani 11, Villa Borghese Parioli, 00197 Rome, Italy

#235 of 921 hotels in Rome

The hotel was amazing!

Really nothing negative to say :)

The hotel was amazing! Great kind staff, very caring, always there to help with anything! The room was so comfortable, clean, amazing bed with impecable beding, clean bathroom, fresh clean towels and amazing view with a very calm and clean area neighborhood! Really enjoyed our stay!

The place is very charming, the bed and bedsheets are fine, breakfast is good, with range of various

When I booked, I didn't noticed that breakfast and city taxes are not included, so, was not kind of prepared to see final amount. Also, in terms of transportation, it's either taxi, especially if you go back late at night, or you walk. The nearest tram stop it's some time to walk. Also the aircon is blowing straight on your face, and it was too hot to switch it off.

Environment is like if you are in old little palazzo, very beautiful, romantic. Room is decorated with beautiful panels, lots of mirrors and golden elements. Bathroom was equipped with shower, hairdryer, Basic toiletries were there. Cleaning was every day. In terms of location, it's a bit outside of main streets, quiet residential area. Staff is very friendly

I would come back but the hotel should be more communicative with events that might restrict any gue
    • Basic Double Room

Lack of communication and access to the terrace, bar, restaurant. Not friendly.

The place is beautiful and lovely neighborhood bit there were two events that prevented me from enjoying the terrace or bar or restaurant and I was not made aware that this was occurring when I made the reservation.

Nice hotel but poor service

The Staff was really cold, some where not experienced or there for the first time. I didn't feel welcome at all. When I asked for the iron, they told me that they did not have one (??), and I had to ask for the cleaning service ( of course to pay extra). In the room there was neither a bottle of water included. The Sauna was not clear where it was and the access to the garden for some reasons was closed (they should remove those pics to not create expectations). I found the service quite cheap for a 4 star hotel.

I loved the style of the room, classic and with parquet. Very comfortable bed and generous breakfast. Internet connection was also good. The patio was also quite beautiful.

Quiet beautiful area but close enough to the main attractions

There was nothing that I didnt like.

Loved the style of the hotel, the fact it was only a 5 minute train ride from Flaminio close to the Trevi Fountain. The staff very helpful and friendly. Clean hotel. Read some complaints about the breakfast, it isnt like how it looks on the pictures but there is certainly plenty.

Lovely hotel

Our room being no 45 was lovely unfortunately very noisy late at night and very early in the mornin

Loved the hotel staff were very friendly com helpful breakfast was very good location was good

Perfect for the tennis and if one wants to be a little further from the maddening tourist crowds

Small hotel with few facilities Not near metro

Well sited for the tennis- a simple bus ride away Beautifully decorated rooms but small Fantastic breakfasts Away from the crowds but in a smart area- plenty of good if not expensive restaurants nearby

Comfortable bed, nice area, although a bit far from the center

At first, they said that breakfast is not included for us although I have booked this hotel mostly because of the delicious breakfast pictures. Apparently, with booking.com bookings, it is not included anymore, but as I have reserved months before, it was okay and they immediately corrected the mistake. Their e-mail communication is not the best and their airport transfer prices are way higher than they were with a self-booked transfer.

The hotel was okay. It has a public transport connection to the center, but it's still pretty far by walking or with public transport, although it's situated in a nice area. Cab to the Vatican is fairly priced from here, and the center is further away. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was great.

Just ok wouldn’t consider staying there again.

Room too small. Bed and pillows hard. Further out than what I thought looking in the map. Thought most of staff friendly enough although not going out of way to explain things to foreigners who do not know. On arrive we were told that breakfast was extra even though our booking included it at the time of booking it seven months prior! Bedcause that deal doesn’t exist anymore! I wouldn’t have paid $30 aud for it anyway as it was limited

The balcony was good. Some staff the young girl in restaurant with limited English tried to help as best was a delight. As was the young blond lady on the desk when checking out corrected errors that shouldn’t have been there that another colleague had said would remove but didn’t .. one ha to remember travellers have limited funds and don’t need extra charges !! They weren’t prepared for !

Friendly staff, room was basic.

Only one towel between 2 of us was supplied originally. Location not great as no metro etc for a while, only way to get into central is use the buses which are terrible and packed, would advise paying slightly more to stay more central.

Friendly staff, room was basic. Hotel very clean, Robert at reception desk was very helpful

Our stay was very good but would'nt stay there again as the transport service is not great in area.

I didn't like that we were a bit out of Rome and the bus service was awful. anytime we went to get a bus up around the corner we had to wait atleast 30/40 mts . The receptionist didn't give us the right information as to how we get to the Vatican so we went way out of our way.

I liked the room it was fresh and airy. Also bathroom was spotless. Breakfast was excellent. I was a bit disappointed with the bar area as never any staff on you had to ring a bell and not much atmosphere there.

Pleasant hotel. Good for a short stay

Room compact with little room to walk around bed. Would have liked wider drawer space to put away clothes....there were a few small book sized drawers. Hung some stuff up but still lived out of our suitcase for a week. No tea/coffee facility

Room cleaned and made up daily. Spacious clean shower room. Good selection of foods for breakfast. Staff helpful. 10 minute walk to some good restaurants.

Authentic italian style hotel.

Beds were so uncomfortable - it has small wheels, so I was moving everytime when I have changed my sleeping position. Also this hotel has problem with sound proof - the walls are very thin, so if you have a noisy neighbour you'll hear them talking quite clearly. Furthermore, the dog in neighborhood was barking all night. As 4* stars hotel it doesn't provide slippers or bathrobe.

Authentic italian style hotel, not crowded, very clean, calm location in nice representative district. You can find nice restaurants around. Great value for money. You can easily reach downtown by using SUB (which is 10 minutes by walk) ant metro.

A great stay in Rome
    • Double Room with Balcony

No kettle to boil water in the room and make a cup of tea. No decent coffee included in the breakfast.

Awesome room. Friendly and helpful staff. The best pizza place in Rome is well within walking distance.

• Basic Double Room

The constant noise and trepidation in the room (I guess we stayed right under the technical room and the noise lasted all night long). Breakfast was horrible. It is the first time when I could not eat a thing. Boiled eggs were cold as if they have been taken out of the refrigerator - so I guess they were leftovers from a day before. Omelette looked awful - could not eat it. Croissants were from the day before, too. The rest I can't even describe. Coffee was good, though. The room overall had a old, not very pleasant look. Bed was not comfortable at all and pillows seemed to be made out of concrete.

The room was quite spacious. It was clean. Sheets and towels very clean.

Very comfortable and enjoyable stay on the whole.

The evening dinner menu was not expansive enough and there was no new menu printed everyday. Old dinner menu left in lift and on the outside wall of the hotel. Bar-room was comfortable but the service was poor!

Very stylish room and hotel. Friendly and helpful reception staff.

Scotland rugby match

Only that they're was no tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

The hotel staff were very friendly and efficient, the hotel was very clean and very good value for money

Lovely staff and good base but too far from city centre

Too far away from the centre of Rome, very noisy inside and outside considering it wasnt even in the city centre, quite expensive for a very basic hotel.

People were lovely, hotel was very clean, good basic amenities and lovely breakfast.

My room was separated from the main building and right...

My room was separated from the main building and right beside car park . Open the door, all I can see is just car. I felt I was sleeping beside a car. Very noisy as well.

The hotel is nice but I wouldn't rate as 4 star hotel.

The staff was nice, however, one of the breakfast waitresses was showing some of the attitude while serving coffee. Breakfast in general was okay. We came once for dinner and were quite disappointed with the choice they offered as some of the dishes were not available. Also it seems like the food is not prepared at the restaurant but being pre-delivered from somewhere else.

The location of the property was great, not far away from the center but in the quiet and nice area. Great for people who like walking. The Villa Borghese with beautiful park is close to the hotel. The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful.

Excellent hotel beautiful city

The hotel was a good walk from the city centre, but there is an excellent bus service which has a stop 2 minutes from the hotel and is a ten minute ride to the central bus station and only €1.5 each way so very cheap

A very comfortable hotel, high standards of cleanliness and the staff were always happy to help, I would recommend this hotel highly

Would recommend this hotel and would stay there again

Breakfast not great - should have fresh juice and the standard coffee was awful. Checkin and checkout were a little chaotic.

Bedroom was very comfortable (bed big and firm) and staff were very helpful. Price we had represented excellent value. Some very good restaurants available locally - we went to (and enjoyed very much) Ambasciata d'Abruzzo

Great value for money. Will definitely stay again.

The beds at Hotel Degli Aranci are very firm so we didn't get a good night's sleep on the first night just because we're used to softer mattresses. However, the hotel staff were great and provided us some extra sheets to sleep on which made it a little comfier, then we slept fine. The walls are also thin so if you have a noisy neighbour you'll hear them talking quite clearly.

Very friendly hotel staff which go the extra mile to make your stay as accommodating as possible. Great coffee for breakfast (ask the staff). Great decor all throughout the hotel and in the room. Close to a variety of public transport links. Only 10 mins walk from the gorgeous Villa Borghese.

We have been returning to this hotel for many years.

We have been returning to this hotel for many years. This time I was traveling with a friend and my mom and we loved the rooms as well as the staff which as always was very helpful and accommodating (even giving us an extra spacious ground floor room which was very much appreciated traveling with my elderly mother). The Parioli area is very relaxed and refined with many great restaurants around catering to various tastes and atmospheres (Pariolina, Molto, Il Caminetto etc) and close to Parco Della Musica for concerts. We will certainly be back.

I really enjoyed my stay.

The Wi-fi was a bit weak.

The hotel was very nice, in a beautiful residential part of Rome, the stuff were very friendly and accomodating, the room was clean and the breakfast was excellent.

Friendly helpful staff, easy access to transportation and very clean
    • Double Room with Balcony

The bed was a little bit too hard for me.

The staff were amazing, very friendly and attentive they were always willing to help with directions, recommendations for food and places to visit. When do not disturb was posted clean towels and toiletries were left hanging on our door. The hotel was very clean and was located within a short walking distance for transportation links. I would definitely stay here again.

I would use this hotel again , but only if it were closer to the main attractions.

Location was very quiet with literally no restaurants or Café nearby. I booked this as it seemed half way between the city and the Stadium for the Rugby. In hindsight I would have booked something more central as the transport around the city is easy enough. Rooms had no coffee or milk but plenty of tea, not a great problem I suppose.

Room was spacious and clean, good size balcony. Staff very helpful.

The stay was very nice breakfast was ok staff were very friendly rooms spotless beds very comfortab

The only thing I would change is you need to leave your key when you go out of the hotel and ask for it back on the way in with a change of staff through out the day there was no question asked when asking for your room key they just handed it over

We did not use the airport shuttle check in and out was very easy and fast

My moms coat and scarf was stolen from the waiting area,the staff didn’t do much to help

Elevator was way to small, actually it’s tiny ! I couldn’t fit my sons stroller , the breakfast was very light . ALSO BOOKING DOESNT TELL YOU THAT IN EUROPE YOUR MINI BAR THAT IS IN YOUT ROOM IS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR RATE, we kept taking water and soda from the mini bar and when I checked out I owed them 140 euros more.

For the most part the staff was ok , we had a few people that were extremely great while we stayed at the hotel . Like Maria from the restaurant, and the guys who are at the door were amazing (not the people at the front desk) .

I was amazed by that hotel gave me a plexus for the car for...

It was very loudy first night and the noise was heard in the room! Second night was perfect. My request to provide me with a cup of hot boiled water in the evening was left without a reaction. :(

I was amazed by that hotel gave me a plexus for the car for 2 night for free. Thank you very much again. Very good breakfast!!!

Staff very engaging and accomodating

The restaurant and the lobby bar are very often busy for receptions, thus not available, or partially only, for hotel guests, with the quality of services affected by staff resouces regularly overstretched when the venue is being used for external events.

Staff very engaging and accomodating

Excellent value comfortable clean.

Rooms on ground floor very noisy due to public toilets adjacent to rooms , mini bar horrendously expensive.

Very clean. Good breakfast . Friendly staff

Absolutely superb!

The only thing missing was the availability of an iron.

Absolutely superb! Relatively close to the city centre. Excellent value for money. Genuinely 4* hotel at the price of most 2*s.

Nice restaurant area with plenty of seating, decorations .

Very cold, outdated bathroom, no slippers or bathrobe provided so with no carpets in the room it was way too cold. We stayed on the ground floor room next to restaurant toilets, so corridor had very unpleasant smell coming from the toilets. At Christmas Eve restaurant was fully booked and children were running around the rooms and banging on the door or screaming near the room until 11pm, complained to reception twice but no results were achieved.

Nice restaurant area with plenty of seating, decorations . It was located in quite area of Rome quite away from main attractions but to get to the city centre was not complicated. Bus 53 and 223, costing EUR1.5 for single ticket.

Comfortable stay

Far away from main city. 10 min walk to pizza place and other cafes No kettle or cups in the room Thin walls of the room Can hear people in the next room if they are loud.

Room , ambience and helpful staff Receptionist guided us all the bus routes and main attractions of thr rome. Breakfast was Ok. Nothing great. Internet service was good. Spacious and clean room

This hotel was booked last minute from the airport. It was a very pleasant surprised.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Could have liked if the breakfast had more hot meals

The room was big with a seperate small room for bags clothes . The cleaning was excellent every day. It was like a suite. Was surprised for a boutique hotel to have such big rooms. Highly recommend to stay rather than big hotel chains

Great location as a little further out and so not noisy.

Great location as a little further out and so not noisy. We walked to major tourist attractions (approx 4km). Great little restaurant nearby which we dined at both nights!

Excellent value for the money.

Excellent value for the money. The place looks great, just like it is shown on the photos, the rooms are very clean and cosy. The hotel is a bit far from the historical center but there are many bus stops close to it and using the public transport one can easily get everywhere within 15-20 minutes. This quarter of the city is very beautiful, clean and quiet. It's within walking distance from the Borghese park.

Excellent as usual, with some minor room for improvement for a better comfort
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

As a 4-star hotel, its rooms should be equipped with a coffee/tea automatic machine. Reservations of the dining room for burraco players shouldn't go to the detriment of hotel's clients. If not, prices for meals in a makeshift venue in the bar/sitting area should be reduced

The quality of the staff

Worst hotel I been to so far

The stuff very ignorant and didn't even bother to help or to tell me where to go how to go there! They said there was a shuttle bus and there wasn't had to find my way to everything..everything is in Italian and none could even bother to help you ,so annoying

The Room

Beautiful reception

Breakfast was not good, very understaffed and a long waiting line to be seated Jacuzzi was cold Our shower leaked and the shower head was broken

Beautiful reception Nice area

Where to stay in Rome
    • Double Room with Balcony

I was disappointed when I arrived there was no milk or coffee available. We were shocked that there was no iron available and had to use the hotels facilities costing more money.

The property was very nice and staff friendly. The breakfast every morning was amazing delicious lots to choose from hot and cold.

The hotel was generally very good but had limitations

The hotel is more remote from Romes attractions than we understood from the publicity material. The hotel's food offering is good, but limited, and Sat / Sun evenings completely inadequate in service terms as the restaurant is taken over by card players and diners are relegated to a pokey hole in the basement with inadequate staffing. Both underline the fact that this hotel is more for business travel than tourism.

The hotel was generally very good but had limitations

A really convenient hotel for spending some days in Rome

A calm place not as crowdy as at the touristic hotspots but with a good selection of restaurants with typical Rome kitchen close by . This nicely compensates the somewhat longer distance compared to other hotels to the major historical/cultural places. The breakfast was excellent.

Lovely, traditional Italian spot. Ideal for short stay and for those who don't mind a bit of walking

Poor breakfast - not a lot of choice and not great service. Some slight inconveniences in the rooms, however no major issue: no coffee machine, no plug next to the bed, mini bar was not working.

Small but very nice, traditional style bedrooms. Really enjoyed the spa facilities after a day of walking to many of the gorgeous sites Rome has to offer. Very friendly and helpful staff. Quiet location, good if you enjoy being close to the park however a bit too far to be ideal walking distance to the city center. Good range of restaurants/bars in the local area.

Mixed feelings. Noisy.

Requested a quiet room but was allocated the room next to the toilets opening out into the lounge/bar area. V. noisy (not helped by the wooden floor in room above). To be fair, in the evening the receptionist kindly moved me to a new room, although this had a noisy broken toilet water inflow meaning there was constant running water noise (fixed the next day). The neighbouring room was perhaps empty on night 1, as it was night 2 when the paper-thin walls became apparent - TV blaring through till the early hours and again from 6am. All this combined with the most uncomfortable pillows I've encountered led to the worst nights' sleep in a hotel for a very long time. Both treadmills in the gym are unsafe as the belts slip and need maintenance. 4* hotel but no complimentary water in the rooms or tea/coffee/kettle facilities. Breakfast is 100% Western oriented - zero Asian cuisine (just in case Chinese/Japanese guests were considering staying here). Location - depends on point of view. Some will see 'quiet/secluded/residential' as a positive, others as being too far from traditional Rome tourist area.

- Very helpful and friendly staff. - Nice lounge/bar area. - Delightful sauna/Jacuzzi hidden away in the basement (behind a secret door marked 'office'). - Excellent WiFi. - Complimentary oranges at the front desk (cute).

The room was big and so was the bathroom.

The breakfast was fine but not for a 4-star hotel. I had to choose my forks and knifes very carefully because not all of them were clean. The restaurant of the hotel has a limited menu. The hotel is placed in a very friendly zone but if you're going to use the public transport( e.g. bus) you'll have to wait a lot in the bus station to go to Fontana di Trevi, Colloseum, Vatican etc. We were waiting on a daily basis at least 45 min. for the bus to come and there is no metro station near.

The room was big and so was the bathroom. But when I arrived there I realized that 2 rooms are outside the hotel. So we were not actually sleeping in the hotel.Even though I assume that the facilities are the same.

Excellent first time in italy

Room was very small and there was a constant leak out of the bathroom wall onto the floor where they had a towel that they changed each day

Lovely staff. Nice room apart from one small problem detailed below

It was an awful stay as we could not get a good night sleep nor a decent breakfast.

They booked a taxi for us from the airport to the hotel for 65 EUR. In the hotel lobby the price was 55 EUR. The staff would not say 'hi' unless we would salute them first. Awful breakfast (not even 3 star worth). On a rainy day, we wanted to have lunch at their restaurant and it was closed for unknown reasons (there was a plaque that stated they were open). There was a party that lasted till late in the night (around 1:30 AM) and the hotel staff did nothing to ask the guests to be a little quieter (imagine trying to sleep after a whole day of visiting). This hotel is not a 4 star hotel by any standard. Bonus Fact: The bed sheets had a light smell of vinegar.

The hotel was clean and it had automatic blinds.

Absolutely loved it.

Zero complaints!

Absolutely gorgeous property! Best breakfast! Great options. I also did dine at their restaurant for dinner. Amazing food. I would stay here again time and time again. Loved this place! Close enough proximity to dive into all the local attractions.

very nice stay but too far out of the way.

Bad experience with diner at the hotel on day of arrival. We sat (and three or four other parties arrived too) for about 20-25 mn and no one came out with menus. I went looking for staff and found 2 men talking at the bar; they assured me someone would come and give us menu/take our order. Waitress came out, young and very pleasant and eager but she did not speak much English. I asked for the wine list and she said she did not have one and we said vino bianco list and she came back with a class of white wine less than a third full, and a very nice smile. We said list again and indicated we were 2, she came back with another glass containing white wine that was almost half full. I went to the front desk and explained that I wanted a wine list. The staff called the chef and a wine list was on my table by the time I got back. It took a long time to order bc the serving staff was by herself. I ordered veal and was given a steak - quite red - cut in pieces over greens. The meat was so tough that I could not swallow it. I was about to send my plate back - it was definitely NOT veal, when my daughter had the emergency. About the wine, I ordered a half bottle and it came in a bucket of ice but the wine was quite warm. We used ice from the bucket to cool the wine as we did not want to wait another 20 mn to get clean ice. While we did find a restaurant -by accident -after walking for about 25 mn, and a pharmacy relatively close by, I could not find a grocery store and the access to buses to go to city center was not clear; we did not find the bus stop.

Elegant décor, very clean, very helpful staff, very gracious and pleasant breakfast staff; quiet area; breakfast buffet had lots of choice; coffee was great with a slight chocolate taste. My daughter had an emergency and the staff at the front desk acted very quickly; she called multiple times to get an ambulance; the restaurant staff brought water thinking it would help. Everyone inquired of her health the next day. We were not charged for out diner and we appreciated that kind gesture.

We very much enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it to others.

The temperature control on the shower was poor, switching from very hot to cold without any adjustments to the mixer.

We were very grateful for a very early check-in at 9.45 when we arrived from the airport. our room was on the ground floor, so we avoided te need to climb any stairs. The hotel was located in a nice, quiet area.

Quiet stay in quiet area

Room was too hot and couldn't be adjusted. Staff at front desk were serving me and allowed other customers to interrupt and then served them for ten minutes making me wait.

Comfortable bed. Breakfast was fine.

The staff was courteous and very attentive.

The mattress was very uncomfortable, the room was extremely small, the wifi was not working well, and the rooms are not very well insulated so I could hear everything both rooms next to mine and from the one above. Needless to say: a sleepless night!

The staff was courteous and very attentive.

A wonderful experience

It would be helpful to have a computer for the guests 'use

We very much liked the helpful and attentive staff. The breakfast was excellent. Our room was very beautiful and comfortable, beautiful decor throughout

A pleasant stay at Degli Aranci

The elevator was too small and too old. Access to public transports was time consuming.

Hotel staff at the reception were very cordial and cooperative. Room was dry, neat and clean. Breakfast at 7 Euro per person was also good.

There was good variety for the breakfast menu.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

A small thing but the mattress and pillows were a little too firm for my liking.

There was good variety for the breakfast menu. Dinner on the Hotel terrace had a lovely atmosphere. Sitting rooms were quite luxurious. Bedroom/bathroom very clean. If you love to walk you can actually walk from Hotel Degli Aranci into the CBD in 40-odd minutes. You can walk to the Borghese museum and grounds in 20 minutes. Tram 19 will take you to Vatican City. Bus 53 will take you very close to Trevi Fountain. Check on/off points with reception. A good choice of restaurants in the nearby piazzas, especially Ristorante Nina's Fish House in Piazza Euclide.

Clean, comfortable, safe, family friendly.

In a fun, hip neighborhood full of great restaurants, but the bus ride to the city center can take quite a while, more than 30 min

Very clean, staff speaks English. Safe neighborhood. Comfortable. Reasonable value.

Nice rooms, great breakfast, helpful staff!

Was surprised, this guys don't have an iron to provide. Pretty distant from metro, 10 minutes walk from tram stop. Though transport in Rome is a one big disaster so this is not the hotel's fault.

Nice rooms, great breakfast, helpful staff! I would rather recommend this place especially if you have any special offer.

The location was amazing.

When we arrived the woman at the reception was not friendly at all and she clearly had an attitude. What really made me angry was the fact that when we returned from our walk around 10 in the night and after 30 minutes something bited my mom on her leg ( mosquito, spider i dont know exactly) inside the room and her leg was really swollen and red ( the hotel is surrounded by trees so not impossible to happen..it is nature...that was not my problem) so i went and asked for something to give me and the only thing that the young lady at the reception told me was to go to the pharmacy and that she cant give me anything ( ...at eleven o clock she proposed to two ladies to go alone on a pharmacy instead of giving at least something for the bites ). The guy at the reception was more friendly and helpful for sure ! It is a pitty such a lovely hotel to be represented by unfriendly personelle.

The location was amazing. Not touristic at all and really calm. With the bus is around 15 minutes to via veneto and 17 minutes to fontana di trevi. Near the hotel was a neighborhood with many local restaurants and cafeterias. Restaurants owners were really friendly and they made us feel like locals!! Très chic location for sure ! The room was really clean and comfortable !

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

I should have researched hotel more
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Air con not working - too far away from attractions - alarm going off constantly in building opposite - poor menu choice for vegetarian diet - no coffee/ tea facility in room

Cleaners where very friendly

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Comfortable Stay
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Safe deposit box was too small, my laptop didnt fit into it No iron available

Good breakfast, decent spread Very supportive staff English Speaking They allowed me to check out late

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Worked for me.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

A petty thing, I didn't require to have a new soap or tube of shower gel everyday when there was plenty left to use. I would also appreciate a drinking glass in my room plus a bottle of water on arrival at least, instead of paying inflated room fridge prices or having to go down to the bar.

The staff were super helpful and I thank them all for speaking English so well as my Italian is less than basic. I chose this hotel, without knowing the area, for it's proximity to the conference venue I was attending and it's very reasonable price for the 6 nights I stayed. I liked that breakfast was an extra charge as I didn't require it everyday, so only payed for the days I chose to have it. It's located in a gorgeous residential area and I loved walking everyday from the hotel to the conference venue. Tree lined roads, beautiful buildings and crazy Italian drivers all added to the overall experience. The bed was comfy, the room super clean and the free wi-fi really appreciated. I didn't have much time for sight seeing and on another occasion, if I did, I would choose to stay here again. Worked for me.

Nice big balcony and tasty breakfast.

Public transportation could be closer. Most of the staff (at least the ones we met) at the breakfast and at a bar couldn't speak English.

Nice big balcony and tasty breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Lovely hotel, good value.

We would have liked to have been able to make tea and coffe in our room, but that may just be an English thing?

Extremely clean well organised hotel in a quiet residential area, with friendly staff, Francesca was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

May revisit the next time I'm in Rome.

We left a library book in the hotel in error. The staff at reception said we would have to collect it if it was found, they would not post it on.

Room a bit small for 3 men but the breakfasts & most staff were good.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Excellent service in a romantic venue

The bed was rather firm and more savoury options would have been nice for breakfast but there were plenty of options.

The service was excellent, Francesca was extremely helpful. We got upgraded to a larger room as we thought the room booked was smaller than anticipated.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Lovely stay in a quiet and elegant neighborhood

Can't think of anything I didn't like, honestly.

Lovely little hotel with romantic feel. Loved everything about it. Super friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Quite nice, but in need of some attention...

Unbelievable that breakfast was not included in the price (it used to be included)! Spa (bubble) bath is broken. Could hear the neighbours through the wall and the lift is very small (wheelchair or buggy won't fit)!

The location is good, quite beautiful and many embassies are nearby! Some of the staff is nice. Cleaning ladies are fantastic and should probably get a good raise, because they outperform all the other staff members.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Nel cuore dei Parioli

The room in the basement had no natural light; the window could not be opened; there was no A/C (but was given a fan); access to the room from the ground floor is either via an elevator (always busy) or via the exterior of the building.

Lovely breakfast. Excellent location. Cheerful staff. Good price to quality ratio. The bathroom featured a Jacuzzi (untested).

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Excellent hirel in nice neighbourhood
    • Suite

We have stated at this hotel before, we like the location and local restaurants( la pariolina and Godo) and bars. The hotel is spotless and the suite rooms are excellent.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Is there a better Hotel in Rome?

There was nothing I did not liked, only things that could improve: -Quality TV signal ( altough I havent watched TV the signal was pretty terrible, I know am used to 8K 120fps) -WIFI ( These days everybody uses WIFI, It would have been grate if the speed of WIFI is a unique selling point over other Hotels. Thereby it was over an unsecure hotspot, So use a VPN if you do not want to get the risk of getting hacked

High Quality Hotel, Looks amazing. Staff was very friendly and helpfull

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

5.5
    Miserably Cold

So cold in bedroom.Asked for heating in room and told it was against the law to put the heating on before the 1st November. Is this really the law as claimed by fellow on desk ?

Bed comfy, but we had to wear jumpers in bed. miserable.

My recommendation: Find a better place!
    • Double Room with Balcony

If I go back Rome, I will not stay in this hotel. The money you spend is not worth for the service you get. The elevator was very old and took several minutes to come to the 4th floor. The attitude of reception was not good and it is hard to reach public transportation there. My recommendation: Find a better place!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Great location and mostly smashing staff.

The jacuzzi wasn't in use. The gym was hard to find. The coffee at breakfast was dire.

Great location and mostly smashing staff. Lovely room with an excellent bathroom.Excellent price for a hotel pretty close to central Rome