Reviews of Hotel Del Corso 3 stars

Via Del Corso 79, Spagna, 00186 Rome, Italy

#471 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Separate Building

The location was great, we walked all the main location and didn't use transportation at all. The hotel room was good and what we expected (we ordered the delux room), fair price and clean rooms.

Please see previous comments.

No natural light in our room. No fire exit from room other than door to the room. Marks on the way. The shower head fixed to the wall was crumbling away. Room very small, lack of rom to store clothes and the person on reception didn’t seem to care when we complained simply stating the manager was on holiday and there was nothing they could do.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Separate Building

I am not sure I found anything I did not like. Maybe some arrival chocolates would have been nice, but that's not a dislike. It's a preference that was absent.

I wish I had taken the name of the gentleman at reception who checked me in. His customer service was beyond excellent. The staff there are friendly and warm, but he stood out to me.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

very thin walls..we could hear everything from the adjoining rooms.the street was very noisy during the night and a lot of noise from bin lorries on Monday mornings.i was awake from 3am onwards.

location-great shopping and restaurant area and within walking distance of all main tourist attractions.

• Quadruple Room

We took the a room for 4 adults and we had a sofa bed which wasn't comfortable at all, very hard to sleep on. No coffee in bedroom just tea and kettle.

In city center, just walking distance to all important places.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I really would have liked tea / coffee making facilities in the bedroom. I KNOW we were in Italy but for 9yr old particularly - a few more English speaking channels would have been great - maybe an upgrade to Smart TV? Otherwise great.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. we arrived early and they were happy to accommodate us as soon as possible. They offered to help with taxis etc is we needed. We were able to leave luggage safely after we had checked out. Loved the rooftop cafe for breakfast,

• Standard Single Room

I was given a room with a window measuring approximately 30 cm by 15cm which let in absolutely no natural light. I asked for a room with a decent sized window and was asked to pay more for it, which I refused to do and this was accepted. The new room had a window but was extremely dark and smelled so strongly of air freshener that it gave me a headache. I use booking.com a lot for hotels and usually I find the photographs very accurate but that was not the case with this hotel. My room was nothing like those pictured. Ultimately I did not have to pay more for my room but to have to negotiate for a room with a window was an unpleasant surprise on arrival. Not great value for money.

The breakfast offered was good and in a nice location on the rooftop

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

The only drawback for me was that kettle and coffee machine we're in the common kitchen and not in the rooms.

Close to most attractions. Small room but neat and clean.

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

There weren't enough pillows and a distinct lack of hangers in the wardrobe (4 to be precise for 2 people). There was no window which meant you lost track of time and daylight hours.

Not a lot!!!!!

• Standard Triple Room

Breakfast is served on a balcony that has not been properly heated On the floor where there is no elevator access

Excellent location, reasonable price, beautiful design and cozy

• Small Double Room

No window in room - unexpectedly

Bed very comfortable. However, no window in the room, with a very noisy air con. Breakfast was fine. Very clean hotel in brilliant location with lovely staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Within the lanes around Spagna, you're not going to get awesome city views so as long as you understand that, all will be fine.

Breakfast was great for a smallish hotel, staff were professional but also personable and the wifi was brilliant. Tip top location.

• Standard Single Room

Room could be cleaner along with towels and bed that were covered with hair :(

Great stuff and good breakfast on rooftop terrace. Location is amazing.

• Small Double Room

The room was in a separate building (50 meters from the main building) but it was not clear in the reservation Walls were dirty

Spacious room Amazing location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very noisy at night because there is no sound proofs between the rooms I hear noises coming from my neighbours even when they shower; I couldn't sleep well. The room was so small and not even similar to what I saw in the advertising photos. There was no iron (which is important to me) and we were not allowed to buy one and use it inside the room. The cleaning lady was shouting at us with anger and disresepect when we get up late and go out late, though it is our room. The hotel is so expensive taking in consideration the poor facilities available for guests.

The location is perfect close to most tourist attractions. friendly and helpful staff, nice window view, and beautiful music in the morning.

Everything was perfect.

We stayed at Hotel del Corso 4 days. In first place we booked a standard double room located in a different building from the hotel. The receptionist was very welcome willing to help us with everything. He offered a free room upgrade from standard to luxury double room. The room was quite spacious, well decorated with a king size bed. The bathroom seemed recently restorated. A cleaner was coming every day to clean the room and to change the towels. The location of the room was on the via del corso, 4 minutes away from Piazza di Spagna. We didn’t face any significant problem during our stay. Comparing the price with the overall satisfaction, our stay in hotel was cost effective. I totally recommend this hotel for a beautiful stay in Rome.

• Small Double Room

Window overlooking corridor.asked to pay more to change room for a better view

The lication was excellent. Hotel clean. Breakfast on terrace nice and good

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No electric sockets to charge phones or tablets. The room was SO HOT!!! We had to open window at night to get some air. The mattresses must be replace!!

Location!!! Staff are kind. Breakfast is OK

• Double or Twin Room - Separate Building

Having to drag luggage down the street to Annex Bldg. Maybe could have suggested that Annex several blocks from main check in?

Loved the location! We were in the annex Bldg

• Quadruple Room

The room is very small and very dirty. I would not recommend this hotel to my friends.

The location is very good. The hotel is located on one of the central shoping streets. Amost all city attractions in the walking distance.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs refurbishment . The rooms are small and the terrace for breakfast is not in open air as expected in the pictures. Comparing to all the pictures showed in booking.com it is desapointing.

very kind staff and clean room.

• Double or Twin Room - Separate Building

Staff very unfriendly, especially Fabio who was very rude. I would recommend additional training for Fabio in customer relations and how to properly treat guests. Housekeeping was loud when cleaning. Safe in room did not work and hotel would not address the issue or offer any other safe to me to use. One of the electrical outlets was not working so I was unable to use it to charge phone. Air conditioning went out twice. Remote control for TV was taped together to hold the batteries in place. These are just a few of the items that were not what I had expected when I booked the hotel.

• Quadruple Room

Very comfortable and friendly hotel in a convenient location, continental breakfast with great choice was served in a beautiful terrace. We would recommend this hotel to others

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Separate Building

We were not in the original hotel but in an annex 100metres further up the street. We could contact reception by phone and they did move our luggage for us. We had to ask for glasses for water and they provided plastic cups! With some persistence we got what we wanted.

Location was perfect. They organized a transfer to the airport for us at the end of our stay. They were very professional for a small 3 star hotel.

• Quadruple Room

Our shower would over flow but a few extra towels and challenge solved🌟

We booked the suite for our family weekend in Rome to start our vacation! The room is located at the back of the hotel away from noise of one of the busiest streets in Rome! Within 5 minute of the Spanish steps, 20 minute walk to the Vatican and 10 to the Trevi Fountain! The breakfast on the roof was fantastic, eggs, ham, fresh bread, yogurt, ceral, fruit and cappuccinos! The rooftop terrace was a great spot to grab lunch for the family at the grocery store (2 minutes away) and eat it up there! In Rome you don't spend a lot of time in your room but we found this hotel very clean, staff was lovely and the location superb! Would return!

• Small Double Room

No parking and we had to pay , and the general attitude of the staff in the restaurants in Rome

The staff were very friendly and helpful as opposed to most Italians in Rome

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Just location. But my last time in room for same price two streets away it was something else.

My room was on the 2nd floor and was separated from the other room just with wooden door and you can hear every word and every single action from that room. Horrible! Than the window was on the tunel between four buildings which was about two meters width and all10-20 air conditions are there so if you want to open it it too hot and to noisey. My air condition just work or not there is no chance to regulate the temperature. And if yo wont to see the sky is it raining or it is sunny you have to trough your head through the window and 15 meters above you can maybe see it. And, and, and...

• Standard Single Room

The view wasn't great. The door was hard to close; as a result, my room was left open by housekeeping staff.

The staff was quite kind and helpful. The food was good.

• Quadruple Room

Old rooms ,cleaning ,No iron in rooms & U can't us any iron in your room , limited choices in Breakfast but it's ok.

Staff are very friendly , location (a lot of coffee shops & restaurants are around) & U can go to a famous places in Rome by walking.. Spagna metro station is around 550 m to the Hotel..& if U take a taxi from the airport it will cost U around € 50

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room could use a facelift no English speaking station on tv no listing of what tv stations are avilable

The location of the hotel the service orientation of the front desk staff and again hotel location location location

• Small Double Room

The room was a little tight but we knew that going in.

The staff was wonderful. The front desk was extremely helpful. The breakfast crew were pleasant. And the room was cleaned regularly and thoroughly. I loved the back terrace. The location was fabulous. Quick walk to the 'steps" and nice walk to the Trevi 'fountain'.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The noise from the street and the next rooms was disturbing.

Great location, very close to Spagna, and walking distance to all major sights. Good choice of restaurants nearby. The terrace of the hotel where they serve breakfast is really nice. The room was comfortable, despite it was somehow shabby.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Quadruple Room

For what we needed it was great. A little too small rooms for a longer stay.

Great place for a short stay. Lovely breakfast on the terrace at the top of the otel. In the heart of the city.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is on a very crowded street. We had our room on the street side with the balcony, but did not want to use it anymore because of the constant music and loud noise. But it did become quiet after 21:00.

The hotel is set in a perfect location, close to a lot of spots and restaurants and the metro is a max 5 min walk if you need to go further. The staff is so friendly and the room is very clean. The bathroom is lovely! The breakfast on the rooftop is nice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was great. A great Price/ Performance ratio. Great Location. Very nice breakfast. Clean. Special thanks to Mr. Hüseyin from the front office, he is extremely customer oriented and very helpful.

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

THERE WAS NO WINDOW IN THE ROOM. I PAID 193 EUR FOR A NIGHT. NOT VALUE FOR THE MONEY. AND THE ROOM WAS TOO SMALL. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE.

THE LOCATION

• Standard Single Room

The rooms need to be refurbished. The furniture is old and depressing. The shower cubicle is extremely small.

the staff tried their best and were very polite. I liked the location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was very comfy. Room was cleaned daily and we were given fresh towels. Room was clean and spacious. Good selection of foods for breakfast in rooftop terrace. I would recommend it!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was not cleaned well, no water is offered in the room, no mini bar, breakfast is average .

The location is excellent, walking distance from the Spanish steps, restaurants and shops all around

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

It would be good to have two keys to the room. Since we were two in the room, each time my partner needed to go out to smoke, I had to sit in the dark without any electricity.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Standard Triple Room

Breakfast was terrible and the bed was rock solid. Outside was very noisy for the entire night on both nigjts but the location was fantastic and the room was quite big

The rooms could be a bit more spacious. A general renovation would be nice, but the existing look is not bad. One of the rooms we stayed in had no access to an exterior window.

The best asset of this hotel is its location and the personnel. Kind and helpful, answered all of our questions and guided us whenever needed.

• Standard Triple Room

Room was not the one I booked and the hotel needs a renovation but it's location is so good that you forget all the other things!

Location is fantastic, and stuff is nice...breakfast is basic but good.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was very plain and was not replaced adequetely when something was finished,also the shampoo was not in containers but in little plastic bags which i have seen for the first time

The bed was fantastic and the location could not be better!!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Separate Building

The extra bed in the triple room was not comfotable.we stayed at the annex there was no reception. Regarding breakfast- the variety of food was low and the service was unfreidly

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Standard Triple Room

Pretty old furniture, thin walls that allow the noise from other buildings cu disturb us

It is in the heart of the city, on the main boulevard, very close to a lot of turist destination: Fontana di Trevi, Piazza Espagna, Villa Borgesse, etc

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

I wasn't made aware that city tax MUST be paid ONLY in cash and not by card, only found this out on the last day when I paid. No signal for your phone in the room at any time. The room was not at all similar to the ones in the photos.....

It was really close to the centre of the historic city. Very clean and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room - Separate Building

I stayed in the annex rooms and I loved the rooms and the setup also we were in walking distance to most of the main sites such as Spanish steps, Fontana di trevi, the wedding cake and piazza nuovona! It was great value of money for the room and the location we had and will surely stay again ! (Also wifi was great which is something important for me )

• Quadruple Room

English channels in the TV would be cool.

Fantastic location, walking distance from anywhere and very near from public transport. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was perfect, exactly as described.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Standard Triple Room

Room (especially bathroom) slightly run down, thin walls so neighbouring room was audible (when they were loud). Everything was OK but a bit cheap and rugged. Didn't bother us too much though.

Ok breakfast, great location, helpful and honest staff. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Triple Room - Separate Building

We really liked the staff of the hotel, they helped us by changing the type of one room to a better one, so both of our rooms could be close to each other. The room itself was very stylish and the bathroom had an amazing lightning. The location couldn't be better. And also we really enjoyed the place at roof, where breakfasts were held.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Small Double Room

Location was great, you can visit everywhere by foot. Restaurants and stores are around the hotel. Room was clean and the breakfast was excellent according to others, you can find both salty and dessert food together. Staff was helpful and smiling, especially Mr. Huseyin who works at front desk is really friendly, helpful and hospitable. If i go to rome one more, i will stay here again. Thank you

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

Just the hassle of how things were located, but it was fine.

Overall it was a great stay. It's a little interesting, because our hotel was a block down from the main office. When we first got there the elevator wasn't working, and then we didn't have any hot water, There was also no window within out hotel room. Through it all the staff were great. They upgraded us to another room with no charge and we had a balcony view.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Small Double Room

The milk at the breakfast was full of fat... chunks of fat fell from the jar into my cup of tea once. However there were many other options for a morning beverage. For hose people who like to have a siesta, I recommend not having a room facing Via del Corso. But this was not an issue for me. If you are very tired you ignore the noise and you can manage to sleep. However, not a sound during the night. The street is very quite at night.

Location the best one can get! in the heart of via del corso, very close to Spanich Steps. 10 minute walk to Trevi, 30 minute walk to Colosseo, 15 minute walk to Vatican. Couldn't ask for a better hotel. Cleaness also 10/10. Staff were super friendly. they upgraded our economy room to a suite with balcony in another building which is 100m away from the reception of the hotel but still in Via del Corso. Their reason for this was that economy room is small to stay for 4 nights. We were lucky to have the only balcony in the building facing Via del Corso. The room was quite at night. The road will no longer be open for cars in the afternoon. Breakfast was very good - scrambled and boiled eggs, bacon and sausages; 3 types of cereals, cold cuts, variety of good italian bread including focaccia; juices and coffees/tea; jams and nutella.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room - Separate Building

Love the location and staff were very friendly and approachable. I didn't have a good hotel experience during my first visit in Rome in 2010 but this time it was one of the best experience I've had

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Standard Triple Room

Staff not that friendly and we had to keep on asking for the coffee . At the end we just bought our own . We did not like that coffees / teas in room were to be taken in plastic cups

Room was always clean

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Small Double Room

There was no proper windows in the room, just a windows on the corridor. No natural light at all. The cleaning lady has even left the windows opened, so everybody could enter into the room...

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Standard Triple Room

Breakfast is very basic. The rooms do not have mini-fridges.

Located in shopping area, between Piazza del Popolo and Piazza Spagna. It is a VERY crowded area during weekends, beware if you do not appreciate crowds.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

Tiny windowless room. Clean and new but for those with claustrophobic problems, may not be acceptable. Be very careful to understand exactly what room you are booking. The annex rooms are renovated but there is a wide variation in features and sizes. Air conditioning is centrally controlled and generally a pain considering the lack of a window.

Great location. Newly redecorated rooms. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

No milk for the cafe in the room and only one tea bag ...which as there was no milk we didn't use. Also may I suggest you have a sign on 3rd floor by lift showing signs to breakfast as we helped a few guests looking list. There is NO sign saying breakfast or an arrow showing which way to go

It was excellent value for money and all staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room - Separate Building

What could have been better???.... Staying in the actual Hotel would have been better!

There wasn't a great deal to like. This is not what you expect, beware of booking a room if it's called "The Annexe". It is down the road, its a glorified backpackers hostel. It is NOT in the Hotel Del Corso. I don't recall booking anything that said "annexe"...but obviously I did. We arrived early, and most times in Rome you can get into your hotel around 12. No problem, we went for a walk, had lunch. We came back at 2 pm, still had to wait another 20 minutes, to be walked 150 metres down the road to a dingy place where the hotel has an entire floor. Nothing, nothing... like the photos you see. However the staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Small Double Room

When we arrived and had booked a standard double it looked nothing like the picture. It was small dated and dull. The window looked out to corridoor and so we had to keep the curtains closed the whole time. We complained and showed the picture of the room displayed on booking.com to the receptionist but in the end we had to stay there for the night as they had no other rooms free. The next day we had to pay for an upgrade. The next room was down the road and although small it was much nicer and more modern but we couldn't work the air con.

Staff (mostly) were very nice. Had a very nice roof top terrace and a free drink on night of arrival.

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

Being put in the depandance and had to walk to the main hotel for breakfast and check-out

Great location at affordable price. They brought our bag all the way to our room (We were in a dependance)

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

There were no windows in the room.

The breakfast had a lot of variety, the staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were beautiful. Excellent location - right in the center of the shopping district.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Standard Triple Room

Cleanliness could be better. We asked for a cot for our 1 year old months before our stay and they didn't have any for all the duration of our holiday.

Location was excellent and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Breakfast selection typical for Italy but a little limited. Very nice helpful reception staff, highly efficient, but maybe needed another person behind the desk at busy times.

Location amazing for Central Rome sites etc and shopping. Easily walkable to some of the most beautiful spots. Clean with nice breakfast location (summer roof terrace). Fantastic air conditioning at the height of a very hot summer.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Location is excellent putting most points of interest within a reasonable walk for those with children. English speaking staff are very friendly and happy to help.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed and Breakfast was very nice. And, being located on the main road in the town it was very beautiful to visit all the places of interest including restaurants which were nearby.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

Location is perfect. Rooms very small but immaculate as are the linens . Staff extremely helpful. Breakfast perfect buffet. The BEST values for money I have experienced.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Standard Single Room

Size of the room was ridiculously small, only room for the bed and nowhere to sit except on the bed. Very little natural light and gloomy room. TV didn't work. Bed was only a king single even though the booking said double bed. The price that we booked for said 80% discount and even at this high discount the room was not value for money.

Breakfast was good. Well located close to historical sites and eateries

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Triple Room - Separate Building

Since my last stay at Hotel Del Corso the terrace roof, where we have breakfast has been enclosed and this made it quite hot and unpleasant. Parts of the structure which could be opened were kept shut. The menu itself seemed not to be quite the same. In fact by the third morning we chose to eat brunch elsewhere rather than eat breakfast there. This had nothing to do with staff, let me be clear; they were friendly and quick to serve.

This was my second stay at Hotel Del Corso. I love everything about it and will stay there again. Breakfast was not as good as in the past.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Small Double Room

I highly recommend staying at the Hotel Del Corso, the reception staff was courteous and informative. I arrive in the morning exhausted from my flight, and was allowed early check-in. the hotel is situated within walking distance from the metro and major tourist attractions…i.e Spanish steps, Trevi fountain, pantheon etc… the room was clean and modern, I stay in the deluxe suite, I absolutely love this hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

The food at breakfast.

The nice rooftop location of the little restaurant. The great coffee. The pleasant and friendly staff. Perfect location for first-time visitors to Rome!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room - Separate Building

I thought that an annexxe was a building attcahed to the main building and not a % MINUTE walk down the De Corso ????? False advertising ????

Breakfast Ok and room small

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Small Double Room - Separate Building

The hotel was simple, clean, and well maintained. The staff were helpful in giving any advice we asked for. The view from the breakfast on the roof was amazing.

Browse Hotel Del Corso traveller photo gallery