Reviews of Hotel Delle Tele 3 stars

Via Panzani 10, Santa Maria Novella, 50123 Florence, Italy

#261 of 384 hotels in Florence

• Double or Twin Room

Even though the proposed service is really nice, I found the breakfast to be a little bit too expensive, nevertheless, the position allows really quick and good breackfast close to the property so maybe a slightly cheapest prize could do the trick!

The property location was excellent, you can walk few minutes and get to the central station as well as in the very centre of Florence. The room was really nice, air conditioning inside, really clean and fully equipped with minibar and security box. The staff is kind and the accommodation was smooth and relaxing. Finally, the place is compleately quite, any noise from the street and other rooms. I advice the property, it may be not the cheapest one but everything above mentioned is worth some extra money!

• Double or Twin Room

The room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, despite being a non-smoking room.

Great location - within 15 minute walk of the train station and main attractions. Windows blocked out 90% of the noise outside. Everything was very clean.

• Double or Twin Room

a bit of street noise (but it's a central location)

comfortable large room with big bathroom; breakfast brought in the room; helpful staff; good location (10 min to central station and close to city center)

Basic accommodation located in the heart of Florence, this hotel provided for all the needs of a traveler. The rooms were simple and basic yet clean and functional. The bathroom was very clean and the shower was strong. The staff was particularly helpful and entertaining.

• Double or Twin Room

The sewer smell in the room, the front desk gal didn’t know the area when asked questions about food locations and our room was located next to the kitchen area - so we heard all once bfast cooking began

Location, shower and food. The gentleman when we checked in was amazing with info, about area and was very courteous.

• Double or Twin Room

There was a little problem with a recepcioner, because he said that they are full and that they do not have free room. And he said that he is only recepcioner and that he is not responsible for booking. We have long explained with the receptionist that we have a reservation via booking.com... But at the end everything was ok, he gave us the key of appropriate room.

Good location. Pet friendly. We were there with our dog (medium size) - no extra charge.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

everything was old and dusty, except the bed linen and towels, which were clean. very small shower. would recommend only for the location on a very short stay.

close to center

• Double or Twin Room

At the time of our stay, there was some road work going on outside of our room which was slightly noisy but this was out of our control and out of the control of the hotel -- this would not stop us from staying here again.

PERFECT, AMAZING LOCATION! The location couldn't be beat. Very easy walk from the train station and incredibly close to the Duomo, Academia and fabulous restaurants and bars. Location could not have been better. The front desk staff were all very accommodating, kind and easy to talk to. Rooms and accommodations were very clean. You could see the Duomo very clearly from our room -- it was a beautiful view. The hotel was also able to safely keep our luggage when we arrived, as our room was not yet ready.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Dark rooms. Appartment looks much better on photos. Old furnitue. Beds squeak.

Friendly staff- resolved our problems with the hot water and bulbs quickly. marvelous locations - just in th centr. Supermarket not far from the appartment. Basic kitchen equipment available.

A little better signage for what floor the receiption was on (when you walked the stairs and didn’t take the lift.)

The location was amazing,close to everything! The staff at the front desk was very helpful and patient with all our questions!

The staff by the name Kay is very rude. We requested nicely on the status of the booking and she gives a stinky attitude as though we owed her tens of thousands of dollars. Service provided by her was a turn off.

The location is good and value for money but the services provided by the front desk is bad. It started off well with the male receptionist at noon; until the next female receptionist which shows us bad attitude by the name of Kay.

• Quadruple Room

The bathroom is separated with the toilet Which is not very good, but the room is OK.

The location is very good, near to santa Maria novella train station and some shops.

No complaints

Property is in an excellent location close to the main train station in close to all the tourist sites. Although an older property with modest comforts it was an extremely good value for the money . It also was very clean

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast wasnt satisfactory and it shouldnt be 7 euro.

Location was great. The hotel is easy to find. Walking distance to everywhere(Duomo, SM Novella). Stuff was kind and helpful. Tea set is lovely in the room. Comfy bed, the room was warm enough. We’ll keep our room key as a sweet gift from delle tele :) we definitely reconmend and we will stay there when we come to florence again.

• Double or Twin Room

It's located inside an older building and accordingly some of the power points in my room were loose in the wall.

Short walk to Duomo! Well located, quiet and comfortable.

• Quadruple Room

The shower was accessible to only one of the bedrooms.

The view was great and the bathroom was really nice. The distance was around 15 minutes to all the tourist spots.

• Double or Twin Room

During our first night stay, we were put in a very small room that has a super tiny bathroom. The toilet room has no lock and it looks like there is an issue with the room lightings. Therefore, for the second night we asked if there is a chance that the room could be changed. Lucky we were, there was one room available and we had it for the second two nights.

Super location ! Very close to the train station and attraction places in the area. The accommodation is in a very old classic building that has got enhanced and decorated, but it is a brilliant and we will book here again if came to Florence.

• Double or Twin Room

Elevator too small. Not convenient if you carry a large luggage because you have to walk up the stair before using the elevator to go up for the main lobby/ reception.

Clean. Convenient. Reasonable price

• Double or Twin Room

Great hotel in Florence with great location near train station and city center.The shower is amazing is like staying in the rain.We asked for a quiet room and they gave us a quiet room. Everything we asked they gave us. Such a nice staff! Thank you Hotel Delle Tele!

• Quadruple Room

The shower was a cubicle off the 2nd bedroom and separate to the ensuite. This required clearing the 2nd bedroom so the person showering could have privacy. The lift is also very small, the alternative being 4 flights up a spiral staircase.

We had a quad room. It ended up being a 2 bedroom suite rather than a studio which was great for 4 adults. Close to the train station and Duomo.

The room was nice, but the plumbing for the bathroom sink was leaking which wasn’t too bad, but there was a bit of a puddle.

The hotel was in a great location for getting to the train station, dome, and shopping streets. The staff was also very helpful in giving us information and advice.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was clean and comfortable. It was in a convenient location to walk to many attractions and to the train station, and there were restaurants nearby.

On our arrival, the lift was not working and luckily, we only had a rucksack each so this was not a huge problem for us but if you had heavy suitcases or a baby buggy, the reception is on the 3rd floor and the staircase is a winding affair and dark. The room décor needs updating, the beds are covered in an awful brown quilted blanket which makes it look dated and dark. There was only one thin pillow for each person - I could have asked for more and didn't. The hairdryer did not work - again I could have asked for another but I was in a hurry to make a dinner reservation so made do. A few of the bulbs in the room were out too. The room was very warm and opening the windows was not an option given that we faced the main street which was very noisy.

We booked for one night on a spur of the moment decision to travel to Florence. As a result, most of the accommodation was pricey. The hotel is fine for a one night stay. It is 5 minutes walk from the railway station and a short distance from the centre of Florence with most sights nearby. There is a supermarket around the corner and plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby. Our room was bigger than we needed, it had an odd layout of the main bedroom, a WC with a toilet, sink and bidet and another bedroom with 2 single beds which contained the shower! The shower was amazing and toiletries (shampoo/shower gel, soap, shower caps) are provided. We did not have the breakfast which you have to order separately - I think it costs 5 euros per person.

• Double or Twin Room

Shower is quite small, bit uncomfortable.eas

Hotel is very close to the station, there's a lift to take your luggage up to the room. Convenient to all the attractions. Staff is very nice and helpful, they booked tickets for us to museums.

Breakfast was really bad, and other facilities was moderate

Location of this hotel was really good. It was near to train station and also near to all sights which a tourist want to visit.

• Double or Twin Room

Lovely room with a view of Duomo. Short 5 minute walk to the main square. Air conditioning worked well. Great location. Paulo on reception always gave a warm and informative welcome to us including booking a tour for us that was exactly what we wanted and saved us some time. Would return again.

I understand the hotel does not have tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms but there needs to be a space for guests to make tea and coffee. Need to clean under the beds. Kevin is a very professional host. The others seemed disinterested.

Spacious room, great size bed. Excellent location. Kevin is a very helpful and efficient host.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The lounge needs a deep steam clean.

Great location close to train station and Doumo. Apartment had a kitchenette and 1 main bedroom and 1 loft bedroom. Loved the old painted ceilings. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were extremely rude. The male receptionist was very unhelpful and really rude. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. My wife left clothes behind, we went back to collect them a day later and they had been taken by an employee. We were informed that the employee would return them later that evening. The tags had been removed from the clothes. This is completely unacceptable.

The location is very central.

Lack of hot water to take a shower on Sunday AM!

The location was ideal. 5 min walk from Train St and a 5 min walk from the Duomo. It was on the main drag that connects the station to the Duomo. The rooms were spacious especially since we were 4 pax per room. Clean.

Lighting in the room was very bad, just a small window, and this made the room feel claustrophobic. Upon arrival, we had trouble finding the hotel. It was situated at the 3rd and 4th floor of a building, but there was no sign downstairs informing you where to go (finally thought to check the inside of the elevator for information). The worst part though was the problems we had with the billing. Two weeks prior to our stay, I got a message from my bank informing me that the hotel had blocked 133 euro (the price for one night), from my account. I emailed the property, since I had booked a room with free cancellation, and they told me in case I decided to cancel later, they would unblock that sum from my account (this has never happened before, booking rooms with free cancellation on Booking.com). Then at check out I was informed that I had to pay for 3 nights and I told the lady at reception that they had already taken the sum for the first night from my account. She explained to me that that sum was only blocked, she would withdraw it now and then immediately cancel the transaction. So I was supposed to get that money back, and then pay the full sum for the entire stay. As soon as the transaction was finished I received a message from my bank that another 133 euro had been withdrawn from my account, and that that transaction had then been cancelled. But I never received back my initial 133 euro!! I tried explaining this to the lady at reception, she didn't believe me and didn't think to check in their system, if I might be right. So I had to pay again for 3 nights, while the initial 133 euro was still blocked on my account. When I got back home I got a statement from my bank which clearly showed all transactions, and emailed it to them. They answered in 2 days, saying that I would receive my money back in 2 - 3 weeks (weeks!). I haven't got my money back yet (it's been one week).

Close to city center.

This hotel is in a perfect location. It is a short walk from the train station and from all the other sites you would want to see. There is shopping and food right outside the door. It is located on a busy street yet the noise is not heard inside. The guy at the front desk is AMAZING! He is so helpful and willing to give any advice you may need.

• Double or Twin Room

It was a bit stuffy in the room, aircon or an operable window would have been appreciated. The lighting inside was pretty bad.

Great location, super helpful staff, lovely traditional rooms, and amazing food close by! Would stay again.

• Double or Twin Room

It was tricky to find at first.

The location was great. Easy walking distance from the train station and to the duomo. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The shower had great water pressure.

• Quadruple Room

The elevator up to the hotel and reception (on the third floor) was a little claustrophobic. The rooms were spacious enough, yet felt a bit dark and closed in. To be fair, it is quite possible that we could have opened the heavy shutters to let more daylight in. We only stayed one night and I didn't bring it up with the hotel staff.

Friendly, pleasant staff. 24 hour reception. We were able to check in early. Decent sized family room, actually two adjoined rooms plus bathroom, (one with double bed, one with two fold out singles.) Beds were comfortable. Quite nicely decorated, in a simple way. Would have thought it was more noisy, located on a busy street. Good value for money. Perfectly fine budget hotel, central on a busy street near the train station and not too far from anything really. We didn't try the breakfast, but if ordered, it was delivered to the rooms after filling out an order form with quite a few alternatives. The room had a small fridge, flatscreen tv, safe and a desk. The airconditioning and wifi worked fine, two important considerations in choosing a budget hotel. The place seemed very clean.

• Double or Twin Room

The first impressions as you enter the premises is that this is an old and rundown premises. It is not really clear where the Hotel begins, the reception is on the third floor. The decor is faded and the paintwork is peeling. The lift is small and difficult to get to with luggage. The reception is an office space. The bathroom was very small and someone large might struggle to use the facilities. The room was dark, cosy, but okay.

The staff at reception were very good. Both were very friendly, helpful and gave good advice. The location was brilliant and despite being on a main road the room was very quiet. The room was clean and kept clean throughout the stay. This is a place where you have to ignore some of the visuals, the fading paintwork and general decor and embrace the friendliness of the staff and closeness both to the centre and the station. I didn't make use of the breakfast offer which was 5 euros delivered to the room but it was a good offer.

• Quadruple Room

We got Leonardo da Vinci room - the shower corner is in a separate room from the toilet, basin, wastafel room. It's located in the corner of the twin bed room. So odd. No door in the shower and the shower curtain is transparent - which means it's uncomfortable when the room is occupied by other people. - small lift and the staff doesn't help us with the luggages - we got another google reminder to stay on 2 - 4 July when we have just checked out on 29 June - the receptionist forgot that we have paid the room full during check in and ask us to pay again during check out

The only thing that I will pick on is that there is no signage once you arrived at the property, reception is on the last floor as we figure out by knocking on every door, every floor.

Walking distance from the train station and tourist areas. Great and helpful staff. Clean and comfy room.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing really. Rooms a little dark so you need to adjust drapes.

Friendly and helpful staff. Fantastic location. A short distance from both the train station and all main sites in Florence. Room had a fridge which was a bonus when picking up groceries (several small supermarkets close by)lots of bars and restaurants in close proximity. Lift a bonus as stairs hard to climb. Look for it on a raised area just through the main entrance. Go to floor 3. Overall, enjoyable place to stay at.

• Double or Twin Room

Never agree on room number 37. It seems to be the worst room they have, with broken bathroom that smells horribly and safety box that makes clunky noises every 15-20 minutes. We were not able to sleep at all. In the middle of the night I went to the 24h reception to ask for a different room but they didn't have any. I had to complain to booking.com but they also couldn't relocate me in the middle of the night. We got a free upgrade for the second night but the experience overall was horrible. One man from the staff didn't speak English at all.

Location is really good.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

On a busy road and we were at front, but two layers of Windows so one is able to shut out the noise easily,

Very clean. Good size room and bathroom. Staff great and helpful. Excellent location for train station and short walk to centre. Also close to area with lots of restaurants for dinner.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

I paid more for the superior room and they gave me a room like everyone else... when I complained they said that it wasn't free.. that's all. For the rest it was good

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing everyone should stay here it is a brilliant hotel.

The service and staff were amazing. The hotel is in the perfect spot and close to everything. The room was very clean and an excellent size.

The hotel is on the main road of Florence and hence there is traffic all through out the night. The room is not sound proof and the vehicle sounds are very disturbing all night. If only the window doors are sound proof... my rating would be higher. Small but I didn't get in breakfast what I ordered.. i was in hurry so didn't get chance to re-order !!

The place is easily accessible from the railway station and is in central Florence. All the Florence main attractions was easily accessible on foot from the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very well located, between the train station and the Duomo, 5 minutes walking distance from these places. It was perfect for us because we had to take a train the next day. The staff was very helpful, I would stay perfect. We forgot a passport when we left and we had to get it back in Roma before going back home (for taking the plane). The staff of the hotel helped us a lot so we can get it without any stress. I highly recommend the hotel

The bathroom could have been kept ventilated. I noticed that there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom .

The Location of this hotel is fantastic. Everything is close by and all our tours were 5 mins from our hotel. The Hotel staff was extremely helpful. They were always ready to help with directions, important tips and shortcuts. The breakfast was good and fresh. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to Florence.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Due to the nature of the buildings in Florence, it is not possible to have double glazed windows so it can get very noisy at times as the hotel is close to a busy road. As no "Do not disturb" signs were available cleaners were knocking on the door early in the morning to clean the room.

The hotel offers good value for money. It is very close to the train station and within a walking distance to all the major attractions. We were offered complimentary breakfast served in the room. The room was big and clean. A good variety of toiletries.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Quadruple Room

The ONLY negative thing I can say, you can hear everything outside. All the cars and especially the ambulances. All in all, that would not stop me from going here again.

Location is great! Just minutes walk to anywhere. Hard Rock, Accedemia Gallery, Duomo, many DaVinci museums. Lots of shopping right outside the hotel. There is a parking garage right around the corner you can leave you car at for a price. But you walk everywhere so it is worth it. We had the 2 bedroom apartment room. It was plenty of space for our 4 people. I loved the decor. All the staff were great, very friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Quadruple Room

This hotel was below my expectations. It was clean but considered to be 2 stars of 1 star. It is lacking lot of facilities and it needs lot of improvement. Breakfast was shocking and below standard.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Noise-proofing condition is a problem. My bed is against the door which connects to the bathroom of the next room. When somebody taking shower there, that was a horrible moment.

The reception man was so nice, he give me great tour guide, According to his map I had very pleasant in Florence. Hotel location is perfect, although breakfast doesn't have many choice, but the food was great. Hotel is in 3F but There is a tiny but adorable elevator can help you easily get in there. Overall I would like to stay there if I am going to Florence again.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Quadruple Room

Noisy at night especially Sat when hordes of locals from neighboring towns land up into Sorrento for wining and dining and late night partying. Person at reception (which is at another place) not available on our last day until 8.50am (even though timing says from 8am). We had to leave out luggage with a note along with the keys for fear of getting late for our Capri trip. And thanks to some other residents who opened the gate with their key, else we would have been left stranded for a while. It would be good to offer a telephone in the room with access to the reception which is a few blocks away.

Location is great. Right on the main street with all facilities like supermarket, restaurants, Gelataria, etc. Short 1 minute walk to the Piazza. 5-7 minutes walk to Circumvesuviana train line connecting Naples to Sorrento. Can even reach Ruins of Pompeii in 30 mins by train. Room was quite appealing with Mediterranean feel. Shower in the bathroom was a big hit with children due to its in-built music player and colored lighting.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Quadruple Room

Noisy at night, especially Sat since on main shopping and touristy lane. Heater in the rooms did not work on the second day. Single beds were not too comfortable to sleep on.

Location is great. Short walking distance from train station (Firenze SMN), and close to most tourist spots which can easily be reached by foot. Staff was helpful to lend a electric kettle in our room for us to have warm drinks since it was quite cold after some rains in Oct. Kids liked the breakfast with chocolate donuts, and hot chocolate from the machine.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

All was great. Small hotel, so maybe not for kids.

The location is great, we didn"t use any tranportaion at all in Florance. We came from Milano with a rental car (which wad a mistake) the national train is in a short walking distance. A small and very comfertable hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have included more items like cereal and toast.

The staff was extremely helplful when our luggage did not arrive. Paulo & Kevin were helping us for 3 days, and when the 2 suitcases arrived 3 days later they were placed in our room when we returned from shopping. We were so relieved and enjoyed the rest of our stay. Thanks Delle Tele.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Though we did have an AC unit, it didn't seem to be working fully. It kept the room slightly cooler than outside, but didn't seem to have a "high" setting.

This was our second stay here. This time we were given a bigger room with much more space. It was probably the largest room we've had in all of our times in Italy. The bathroom was updated with an extra large shower that included 2 rain shower heads (1 on each end of the shower). This time there was an AC unit in the room, the last time our room did not have one. They have a nice breakfast with fresh croissants daily. Their coffee machine makes a very good cappuccino. The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful and he remembered us from our first stay. They let you store your bags for free near the check in desk. We love the location of it to the train station, a quick 5-7 min walk away. It is a few blocks down from the Duomo and the Central Market. If we are lucky enough to go back to Italy a 3rd time, we will definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The elevator is very small.

It is located in the heart of city, few walks from Metro Station and Santa Maria Del Fiore. Many good restaurants and shops along the street, specially in Piazza Della Republica, which is reachable by walking as well.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I arrived at 6am and the doors were closed. I couldn't get an answer on the buzzer. I rang reception and they opened them straight away, it was lucky my phone worked!

The bed was very comfortable and the location was great. Staff were very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Clean, all necessary facilities for a short stay. Excellent choice and fresh products for breakfast. In the very heart of town, close to the bus/train station, shops, cafes and street markets.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

im wondering how the hotel , i call it motel, have gotten 3 stars ? its maximum 2 stars motel. the breakfast was awful we couldnt eat it. when you want to enter to the hotel you have to pass 10 steps with your luggage and take a very small and slow elevator.

Location is near the train station and old town

Tiny shower with very low pressure, difficult to wash. Simple facilities but good value for those on a budget.

Excellent location within walking distance to several key attractions. Room was surprisingly quiet for the location on a busy street. Room was clean and staff friendly. Elevator available to get those heavy bags up the stairs.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Quadruple Room

THE INSECTS IN THE ROOM bites us THE SHOWER IS NOT GOOD FOR BATHING CHILDREN very small place for breakfast too expensive

the staff is good and helpful

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Quadruple Room

The main bedroom overlooked the busy street below so there was quite a lot of road noise throughout the night, despite it having secondary glazing. I probably noticed it more because I live in a very quiet area and I guess many people would just be used to it.

It was more like an apartment with the second bedroom on a higher level mezzanine which gave my teenage son his own privacy. The location was excellent with it being just a few minutes walk from Florence train station and from the city centre with it's amazing buildings and architecture.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The staff was so friendly and helpful. Not super lux accommodations but a gorgeous old building in an excellent location. We would definitely stay again and highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

This hotel is located about 5 mins walk from Firenze SMN and 5 mins walk to the famous Duomo. Right from the time we checked in, everyone from the receptionist and front desk have been very helpful. The staff was kind enough to help us plan the itinerary for the most important places to visit in Florence. Nice clean and comfortable rooms. Rally enjoyed the stay at Hotel Delle Tele.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Maybe we just underestimated the prices but the city tax for this hotel was 14€ for the two of us for two nights. It was just surprising as all the other cities we had stayed in were a lot cheaper, e.g. Venice and Pisa.

The location for this Hotel is excellent. Less than a 5 minute walk and you are in the middle of the main square in Florence. It is also close to clothing shops and cafes if you need to get a bite to eat. Its not far from the train station and close to several garages where you can park a car overnight and longer if needed. The hotel itself is very clean and we found the staff to be very pleasant, polite and helpful. We also had a view of St. Lorenza and the Main square from our room. We would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Quadruple Room

Air conditioning not adequate for temps above 30C. Check in clerk not overly friendly.

Shower was spacious. Good location. Breakfast was adequate.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Stairs on ground level to access small lift was inconvenient for guest with big luggage.

Apartment was big and comfortable. Daily housekeeping was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I experienced black out on one of the nights but thankfully electricity came back after 1-2 hours. Pillows are too flat and not fluffy.

Great location to get to the train station and main sights and shopping. Staff are friendly. Toilet is renovated and clean but bedroom is quite old. Complimentary breakfast is simple but sufficient.

• Double or Twin Room

Super nice people working there! Awesome location. A bit noisy, but ok for the price

n.n.

Silence at night and central position.

Really nice hotel!

Small elevator

Great area, close to train station and many restaurant

• Double or Twin Room

big room, clean, friendly reception, nice mattress

Parking