Reviews of Hotel Dina 3 stars

Via Principe Amedeo 62, Central Station, 00185 Rome, Italy

#808 of 921 hotels in Rome

6.2

4.1

Pleasant stay comfortable in a rustic Italian motel
    • Double or Twin Room

A little bit old and an antiquated lift

Good location close to train terminus where you can hop on hop of tourist buses. Plenty of local eateries close by.

This is really good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

room was not having WiFi but it was not so important because now days everyone is having internet in their mobile.

This is really good location. Everything was excellent. Very near to train and tram station. Staff was friendly. Room was also very good/clean. breakfast was excellent.

Utterly Terrible Experience. Not worth your money, even for a transit hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is super filthy and dusty. I keep coughing after lying on bed for 10 minutes. I had to place a clean bathing towel over the bed before i sleep on it. Thank god this was just a less than 24 hours transit hotel for me to rest in the Rome city.

Needs improvements
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was shocking, soft with body indentations the mattress must be over 20years old- worst night sleep. Breakfast very basic and the coffee was hmmmm not good.The view no view!! Heaps cigarette butts outside on the teeny tiny balcony.

Staff were really lovely and helpful

Not expensive
    • Double or Twin Room

Night stand was not friendly. Super restrictive about guests entering the room (not staying over). Called my room twice after 2 am. I was in town for a week, but only stayed here one night. They gave me a smaller room than I paid for. Very poor wifi.

Not expensive

THE WI-FI DOES NOT WORK. Great building and location but POOR customer service.
    • Double or Twin Room

My friend and I each had separate rooms. The first night her heat didn't work - AT ALL and mine kicked in around 7pm. The first night she tried to take a shower and there was NO COLD WATER. Just hot, scorching water. She waited, tried again later and same thing. The following day I had the same problem when I tried to take a shower. I tried 3 times and the water was just HOT! Never normalized. When I complained down at the front desk - they said to "try again, I bet it works now". Which it didn't as I had tried ALL DAY. And they did nothing to fix it or offer to move us to different rooms. The "Wi-Fi" was horrible. We were on the 5th floor and had zero signal in our rooms. The "common" area they suggest is a creepy basement with old, rickety, dilapidated, dirty furniture. The furniture is so dirty there are dirty blankets sloppily strewn across the furniture. And the internet DOES NOT work down there well at all either. When I advised the woman at the front desk that it didn't work in the basement, she even suggested I use a neighboring hotel's internet and gave me that password for the neighboring hotel but the signal was too weak!! (Clearly this has been a complaint in the past.) The first night the elevator didn't work. So to go down 5 flights of stairs just to use the Wi-Fi that didn't even work was ludicrous. (Also it was very cold in the staircase) As travelers needing to plan routes for the following day and stay in touch with our home country (and each other-even down the hall) we were extremely disappointed. Fortunately we were able to make arrangements at another place. We asked for our money back on the TWO ROOMS we weren't going to use the remaining 4 NIGHTS!!! We were there 1 night and they didn't give us a REFUND--AT ALL! They offered 24Euro when the 4 nights we weren't spending there cost us 261EURO!!!!! DO NOT BOOK A NON REFUNDABLE ROOM HERE!!!

The building is lovely.Original elevator is beautiful and charming - when it works.Building has a lot of potential and a great location! Room size was good for the price BUT it didn't include what was advertised. I've stayed in many budget hotels in my travels and on the surface I was very optimistic with the room when I first checked in. Beware of non refundable rooms as they choose to take your money, regardless of you LEAVING!

A terrible hotel set up to take advantage of tourists.
    • Classic Single Room

Heat should work all through the night. I woke up a 3:30am with my teeth chattering I was so cold. Should I have to wear a puffy jacket, hat and gloves to bed? WiFi did not work in my room on the fifth floor (only in the hallway), and the shower only ran scalding hot...no warm option, no cold option, not even just ‘hot’...my skin hurt for half a day afterward and was blotchy and red. Your shower burned me. Also there was a bloody booger on my friend’s wall, she was also on the fifth floor (I made her take a picture of it). I was room 502, she was room 505. Cannot emphasize enough how terrible our stay was. We were on a budget and chose to leave after the first night, knowing we wouldn’t get our money back. They know their hotel is awful and insist the entire stay’s payment is made upon arrival. I got fed up and left, my friend tried to stay and argue for her money back. During that time, a couple came in to check *back* in because they had left after their first night as well but realized they couldn’t afford to stay anywhere else without a refund from Hotel Dina, which the hotel was refusing to give them. This is a GARBAGE hotel, and I can’t believe they still have my money. We stayed in plenty of budget friendly hotels in our travels across Italy, and though not exactly luxurious, they were perfectly fine for our needs. They had WiFi in the rooms, provided warmth, and had temperature control in the shower. All I require is those three things—the night I spent at Hotel Dina was by far the worst I’ve ever had in a hotel. I truly don’t understand the positive reviews. I forgot to mention their ‘WiFi area’ I was directed to, when asking where I could access the hotel WiFi with a seating area. The attendant directed me to a dank little basement area with a dirty couch where the WiFi wasn’t working either. I went back to the front desk, and the guy started acting like the problem was my phone.

I liked that it was close to the train station. That is the only thing I liked.

Location close to Termini train station, so if you plan to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Horrible elevator, bad breakfast and almost no facilities

Location close to Termini train station, so if you plan to move in/out of Rome quickly, then its a better location.

Never again!!!
    • Quadruple Room

Waiting over 30 minutes to check in. Beds was like a rock. Shower was terrible went to turn it on and the tap came off Towles was so small couldn't dry yourself Staff was very unhelpful Breakfast was the worse i have ever seen a bread roll and plastic cheese The hotel was 50 years out of date It was advertised as a 3 star this was 100% not they even covered it up with gaffa tape So over priced for what you get

Good location Pizza shop down road was amazing

Good place to stay just 10 minutes from Termini station.
    • Double or Twin Room

Asked for double bed, but got room with two separate beds. After second ask to change the room they just tied beds together.

Good place to stay just 10 minutes from Termini station. Walking distance from Colloseum.

Could be better
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower holder has been broken, as well as the shower cabin handle. It was difficult to get a shower. We had to leave early in the morning. Staff- boy refused to prepare for us a breakfast box or at least something for breakfast, even if we asked about that day before. He said, it is too early - kitchen will be closed. So we left without breakfast, although we paid for it.

Place was good, transport and restaurants were very close.

Enjoyed my stay good location and very comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast adequate for a Continental breakfast though sometimes tables were not cleared quickly leading to some queuing

Lovely old fashioned clean hotel - loved the old fashioned gated lift - felt like I was in a old Hollywood movie Was close to the station and metro

Good value.
    • Classic Single Room

I used the late check-out from Booking Genius. I sent an email informing that I will use the late check out and the day before I also informed the the staff at the reception. However, the day of my check out, the cleaning lady knock on my door. As I was sleeping and not answering, she opened the room even though there was the "please don't disturb" notice hanged on the door. I told her that I had requested the late check out but still she called to the phone one hour later. VERY DISTURBING...

Good value. Confortable bed, quite room with good windows, air-conditioning, clean.

enjoyable and loved the old style lift
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was a good location,the room had all you need but the bed was a bit to hard for me but overall it suited our needs, the staff were really nice and very helpful, breakfast was sufficient i would be happy to stay here again

OK FOR A FEW DAYS AND FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO BE IN THE CENTRE OF THE CITY.

THE HOTEL IS VERY OLD ESPECIALLY THE ELEVATOR WHICH IS ANCIENT! THE ROOM WAS A BIT SMALL FOR THREE PEOPLE. THE BREAKFAST WAS POOR AND THE SAME EVERY DAY (BUT DECENT FOR ITALY!) A BIT NOISY STREET.

CENTRAL LOCATION. ALL MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION WERE VERY CLOSE TO THE HOTEL. THE AREA HAD A LOT OF RESTAURANTS AND SHOPS.

Good value for the money

Trams were pretty noisy running on street below.

Room was spacious and air conditioning worked very well which was nice because there were over +30C every day. Staff at the reception were also very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom full of mould an very smelly. The room was ridiculously tiny and breakfast almost inexistent. Not even close to a 3 star hotel and super expensive for what they offered

Great location. Close to all attractions

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Acceptable short stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast - simple and basic. Very soft pillows. Ripped drapes in our room.

Location - 5 mins walk to main train station and surrounded by restaurants. Comfortable bed. Helpful staff.

Good loctaion, nice staff, but quite dirty rooms
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was quite dirty; especially the floor and bathtub. It wasn't really that cheap for what it was. Check-out at 10.30 is unreasonably early (most hotels have 11 or even 12). Internet did not function at all.

Staff were really nice and accommodating. Room was spacious. Great location (ten minute walk to coliseum, two minutes to train station). I loved the vintage elevator.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Near train station, and all public transport, walking...
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed isn't comfortable, old elevator, but is OK, bathroom shower doesn't work as it should

Near train station, and all public transport, walking distance to most famous sites is excellent

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

I'm booking this hotel 4night then on second day my key...
    • Double or Twin Room

I'm booking this hotel 4night then on second day my key can't to use they lock can't open the room we go to ask information them said need to paid money !!!So first think I'm think about them think about no have money to pay them but my feelings not good maybe they need only business man stay there we not mind because hotel far of center for call taxi to go at hotel about 20euro !!!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

tiny room with a large breakfast at a great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Broken hairdryer and the fridge wasn't operating.

Excellent location, great breakfast, kind staff. You can hear the noise of the streets from the room, but it has a special feeling.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Not recommend for family trip
    • Quadruple Room

Internet free only in lobby with limited hour to use. No internet at room. Room heater suddenly of in morning time 4-5am. To cold in the morning time. And no water boiler

Location near bus and train station. Lots of halal food near the hotel

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

think twice .

1/2 a roll of toilet paper for 3 people and only got another 1/2 a roll when asked for more. Not enough breakfast many people missed out they would not restock waitress said no more and walked out . We also complained to reception and said to late we were 40 minutes before cut off time. They need to be reassesd by bookings.com. y

Not much.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Quite a good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The towel rack in the bathroom was grimy! It obviously had not been cleaned for some time. The WiFi was advertised as free in public areas. The public area was a cramped room with total seating for 8-10 people. One was given a password for one hour which had to be reissued if you needed longer on the WiFi.

Quite a good location.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Good to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

It's better if they provide free WiFi service,and mineral water for drinking.

Location;easy for city tour and very close to roma termini station,and markets are near,breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Disappointed .... Thank God I did not stay longer
    • Double or Twin Room

1. Hotel is mixed with other hotels, confusing to find 2. They're setup so that you can't run the air-conditioning while you're away, so in summer, you get back to a very warm hotel room 3. You must pay hourly for the internet & on the 5th floor, the WiFi connectivity was terrible

Location = Excellent

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

one night stay before leaving Rome
    • Double or Twin Room

you can find WAY better places for the same money :) It just feels Daft you know! A queen bed is two single beds next to each other :) no kettle for coffee thou its a 3 star hotel!

due to change in plan had to extend my time in rome for another night so i just choose this place . it is very central . Breakfast is fantastic , continental :) My room was way up in 4th floor , nice view of the buzzing street :)

Did the job-cheap night, close to train station

Noise streets, basic room

Location close to train station

Perfect for our needs.

In a great location.

there is no cold water in the shower.
    • Double or Twin Room

there is no cold water in the shower. water is too hot so i couldnt take a shower.

Convenient position.

Breakfast was unexceptional.

Easy walking distance to the central railway station.

The owner

The owner

Very nice!
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was very nice, the staff, the restaurant, the area.

Friendly staff/ 4mins from Termini/
    • Double or Twin Room

Cover & sheet did not seem clean/ Walls are not sound proof

Friendly staff/ 4mins from Termini/

In over all was oky.
    • Classic Single Room

We are living in 21th century the hotel elevator is belong to 20th century,so should be change.

Excellent trip

Noise of tram

Very clean and good location

Excellent great value for money

No lift!

Few minutes walk from the train station, cafes, water taxi and shops. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast.

great, spacious room and service
    • Classic Single Room

the breakfast was not much but okay for a day !

the bed was comfortable. the bathroom was super clean

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was twin beds put together .

Close to all transportation

Less than expectation
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower broken, no wifi, old lift

Near station

Quite close to the Termini train staio
    • Quadruple Room

The air conditioner did not work properly.

The location was near the Termini train station and a lot of nice places to have a good meal.

Never again

Air conditioning not working. Dirty bathroom. Breakfasts was disaster in very smalrooms

Place where located.

Ok, but not enough

No so clean and the breakfast very poor

Near Termini, easy to get there

Aircondition

Everything else.

Aircondition

I'd stay there again for sure
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing really , would prefer a better breakfast tho

Clean , decent location for us.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Elevator

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Excellent stay

No continous Wifi facility. Limited one hour usage

Excellent hotel to stay with friendly staffs, spacious rooms and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

It was really homely, fairly spacious, great location and good value for money.

Old lift type

Fairly spacious and enough space to place clothes and belonging.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Five day visit to Rome !

The neighborhood

Staff very helpful but property needs an upgrade. breakfast very poor in compare to other 3 star hotels in Rome.

good location with paper walls.
    • Double or Twin Room

too noisy room. you can hear everything from the other room.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Very bad dont stay there
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast,beds very uncomfertable,no towers they give you short size bed sheet. Very bad breakfast

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

3 star hotel without room wifi??
    • Double or Twin Room

We can believe that there is no wifi, only next to reception with special code for one hour, and never works. 3 star hotel without room wifi??

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Old hotel

The location only

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Location, Comfort

Breakfast was poor and not very clean

Location, Comfort

Staff friendly and extremely helpful!

The breakfast was really poor.

Staff friendly and extremely helpful!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Ideal for our needs.
    • Double or Twin Room

Water was cold in the morning.

Ideal for our needs. Perfect location. Il Secchio Restaurant is fantastic.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

2nd stay at Dina Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

WiFi was limited to downstairs lounge only

location just a short walk to everything and close by the station and buses

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Noisy

Noisy

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Try to avoid hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi,Lift,Bed,No comfort,Breakfast Not value for money

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Old

No wifi, no good lift, bad bathrooms fittings

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Good for short stay

Paid wifi

Location,breakfast, staffs are kind.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

The location is very good, near Termini Station.

The towels were not changed everyday. The sink didn't had a cap, so if you drop something small it will go down the drain.

The location is very good, near Termini Station. Staff is friendly. Room clean. Breakfast good.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Great, central location, close to all main sights and train...

Breakfast room too small for the size of the hotel especially when it was fully booked.

Great, central location, close to all main sights and train station. Lots of cafes, bars and restaurants. Old fashioned lift was an attraction on its own!!!

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

The location was excellent.

The bed was awful. Also taxes that were demanded by hotel, had to be cash, didn't specify this on website. Wi-Fi terrible wouldn't work in room, only worked in lobby.

The location was excellent. The neighborhood was safe, felt comfortable at night.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

The location was ideal and the restaurants close by were...

The breakfast could have been better. It lacked variety and simple things like fresh fruit juice or freshly brewed coffee could make a big difference.

The location was ideal and the restaurants close by were very good. Our room was basic but clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

Have to pay extra for small facilities, like Wifi and AC. The area is quite noisy until 2am. And you can't close windows because AC is extra 20 Euros per night. Tram passes right next to the hotel and it gets noisy.

Great location. Walking distance from Termini station and Colosseum and other attractions. Helpful staff and old school elevator was great experience. High ceiling rooms.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2016

The warm welcome, the location, the hotel was clean and tidy.

The breakfast room was dark and the choice of items for breakfast was limited. The table clothes needed washing.

The warm welcome, the location, the hotel was clean and tidy. There are plenty of places to eat around the hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

The hotel was nice, staff were friendly and helpful, decor...

Cleaning was not thorough. It was not dirty as such, but the room maids did not clean the room each day, they just made the beds. The rooms need to be cleaned properly every day. Having to pay for Wi--Fi was disappointing. (We didn't as found various cafes and restaurants with it free) Breakfast very limited and not particularly appealing. Don't go here if you like a good big breakfast to start your day.

The hotel was nice, staff were friendly and helpful, decor was good, fab old style lift!

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Good location with a really qwirky lift

The breakfast was the same every day so got a bit repetitive also when there were large groups of school children in the noise at breakfast wasn't pleasant and didn't provide a good start to the day

Good location with a really qwirky lift

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Good positioning.

Asked for double bed on the site and also at the reception at check-in, but got a room with two merged small beds. The door of the bathroom (sliding door) could not be properly closed and the vent system had problems (unpleasant smell from the bathroom). Thin walls, a lot of noise from the other rooms.

Good positioning. Walkable distance to main objectives.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

The staff were extremely accommodating and helpful.

The staff were extremely accommodating and helpful. We were too late for breakfast but when we mentioned it to the receptionist she opened up the restaurant just for us and brought us some amazing pastries and coffee! The hotel is fantastically located for the main train station but about a 20 min walk to main "attractions", my advice is not to wear heels!! The manual lift is also a bit of a novelty as it is over 100 years old according to the receptionist!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2015

except for its location, we did not like anything about this...

first, in most restaurants in Rome, you get free wifi for purchasing a pizza for nine euros. in this hotel, we had 2 rooms (one for us and one for our children) and we had to pay for wifi. second, the place is dirty. in hotels, bedsheets are to be replaced on a daily basis and room is to be cleaned regularly. we stayed 3 nights and our bedsheets were not changed, not even once and by looking on to the curtains and under the bed, you can tell the meaning of "dirty"!!!!

except for its location, we did not like anything about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Very good prices for it's location !

Breakfast would do with a bit more sortiments of food.

Very good prices for it's location !!!!! And the lady working in the breakfast bar is a precious gem .. extremely friendly and professional !!!!!

There are also 23 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Dina traveller photo gallery