Reviews of Hotel Domenichino 3 stars

Via Domenichino 41, Fiera Milano, 20149 Milan, Italy

#231 of 424 hotels in Milan

Based on 2053 hotel reviews

awful front desk staff in an expensive hotel
    • Quintuple Room

My main purpose of this review is to help my American fellow travelers know what to expect here. This is an old hotel with fairly minimal facilities. The bathroom is small with fairly awkward shower setup. But my biggest problem was with the front desk staff. When I booked this hotel on booking.com, I was able to choose the option of "one bedroom with a double bed and single bed, the other bedroom with 2 single beds". This setup is very uncommon in the US but is the main appeal for us to book here. Being cautious, I sent the following email to the Hotel: "Please confirm the following details of my reservation:"This air-conditioned room consists of 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. One bedroom includes a double bed and a single bed, while the other room has 2 single beds.". Please let me know if this booking.com description is accurate of my reservation. I look forward to your email." Soon I received the following reply: "We're happy to let you know that the property has confirmed they can arrange this for you. There will be no extra charge for this request." So perfect, right? No. Upon our arrival, the front desk guy told me in no unclear terms that THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE AT THEIR HOTEL. So I showed him the email. And he wanted to completely blame this on booking.com and did a pretty good job of making me feel ridiculous. OK, I am not exactly happy with booking.com either, but I can't imagine booking.com would want to simply make up some IMPOSSIBLE SLEEPING ARRANGEMENT that Hotel Domenichino did not even bother to check. Based on this experience, I do not recommend either booking.com or Hotel Domenichino. This is not it. Once we checked into our room, both TV acted haunted. They would turn themselves off periodically. So I contacted front desk again. This time, a different, guy B. He came up, took one brief look, and immediately pronounced "TV is fine, no problem". Wow, way to turn off your customer.

Contrary to both front desk men, who did not act particularly warmly to the other staff, the other staff were actually great. The breakfast staff were warm, especially the main lady who was sweet and welcoming. The cleaning staff were awesome -- super honest. Once we left our safe wide open but nothing was tempered with. Nice staff who were not respected by the terrible front desk staff; I wonder why.

Great stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Great hotel and great value. Private parking ... not free but not expensive either. 5 minute walk to the nearest metro station with a direct line to the Duomo (7 stations)

all seven of us would come again. we were well looked after. many thanks again .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

did not have any complaints at all hope to come again.

Beds very comfy. nice showers and towels nice comfortable room all round and pleasant staff.

Excellent hotel for short stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

little far from main railway station

Excellent hotel for short stay. walkable distance for metro. hotel staffs are friendly, good guidance with map to approach the location, supported for every request especially one tamil person.

Well located and close to Amendola metro station.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing. Maybe an extra hook or two in the bathroom would be good.

Well located and close to Amendola metro station. Walking distance to a number of good restaurants. Modern, renovated hotel with BBC and CNN TV available. Lovely view of street and trees from window. Double glazed windows. Double bag area in bedroom when usually only one.

Convenient this time but never again.

They claim to be a non-smoking hotel, but there is an ashtray in every room, which simply gives the message that people are allowed to smoke. Staff are polite but very surly.

Bathroom dated, and many things broken.

Keep searching for a better one !

Breakfast was under average, all the staff are unpolite, the rooms are from 90’s, decorated with old furnitures.

The hotel is very close to Amendola metro station, approx. 5 minutes by walking.

All in all I would stay again, however I will have to book Early before prices go up.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was there for a short stay and the hotel met my needs. I wish breakfast was included in my package for the money I paid.

I did not have breakfast at the hotel. Beds were okay. The shower room was clean to a good standard.

Rooms were cleaned every day, nice quiet location but very...

It would have been good to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room

Rooms were cleaned every day, nice quiet location but very close to metro and restaurants/cafes/supermarket. Was offered the use of the tv room for the champs league final and staff were very helpful helping me with an alarm call and taxi when I needed to leave in the middle of the night to get back to the airport.

The subway was very close like 300-400 meters so we got to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Didn’t like the fact that the breakfast buffet was so strict on the hours. WE went down like 5 minutes late and they already closed everything. Also didn’t like the fax that the restaurant only served breakout. No lunch or dinner :(

The subway was very close like 300-400 meters so we got to the center of Milan quite fast. Also they offer private underground parking and since we had a car rental it was good to know our car was kept in a secure parking place. The only thing was it cost 17€ per night, a little pricey

Was fabulous

Quietness

I enjoyed the Hotel, so quite easy to relax your mind , close to the Metro station which made transport easier for me , generally I liked the Hotel and area in it

Very nice
    • Double or Twin Room

Even if it has been a busy week in Milan for the designer fair the staff was too much under stress. I asked to do me a favour, which they did and I thank them for that, but the person who was in charge got really stressed and started slamming staff on the desk in front of us, saying a couple of rude words and that he had other things to do. A part from that unfortunate episode, the stay was enjoyable.

Very nice hotel in a quiet residential area of Milan. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable, I would definitely recommend it.

I would reccomend this hotel for sure.

I came to Milan for iSaloni and what I didn't like was unfortunately very high price for a night during Fiera days. But this hotel is not the only one to raise prices madly.

I liked the location. It's a short (3 minutes) walk from metro station. It will take about 20 minutes to get to Rho for Fiera and 30 minutes to Duomo. Quiet neighborhood. The stuff really friendly and helpful. I stayed in a room in 'old' part of the hotel, but everything was clear and comfortable. Other part has more modern look, my part was 'italian' 90's style ;-).

Good Value for money

I used this hotel a few weeks ago for the cancelled Milan Derby. The reason for my return was due to its location near the stadium, and at the same time how easy it is to reach the city via the nearby metro station. The breakfast is decent, and in general the hotel is good value for money situated in a pleasant area.

Good breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Bit far, need to change/ take 2 metros to reach city centre. Staff was not friendly when we did check in.

Breakfast was very good. Rooms clean and neat.metro station is 4-5 mins walk .

Good mid-range option well connected with centre of Milan.

Fresh vegetables and wider choice of hot breakfast options would help.

Convenient location in a quiet neighbourhood, app. 300m from the metro station and 4 to 7 stops from the city centre. Spotless room, towels and bedsheets changed daily, good selection of tv channels. Obliging staff. Good breakfast with decent selection of cakes, bread and cold meals.

My second visit. Would be happy to go back again.

Plumbing can be a bit noisy in the night. Slightly too hot in the room, and difficult to adjust.

Convenient location; metro and tram within walking distance. Not too far to walk to the congress centre.

For short stays

Very small and quite old shower box, very hard mattress, no control on room temperature (high at night for me), room is not soundproof.

Breakfast and breakfast staff, subway station near the hotel.

Convenient location

Improvement can be made to stop coming sound from other rooms.

Location, staff, cleanliness, breakfast, room size everything was good. Good airing as there is no building at the front and back.

We were lucky because we stayed in a renovated room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Too many types of croissants.Expensive breakfast. The decoration in the reception needs renovation.

Bathroom in our renovated room was very good. Beds and pillows was ok. Close to the city centre.

Met My Needs

Safe in room not working when I arrived, and no one initially around to fix it.

Chose hotel as near San Siro Stadium. Was a comfortable half hour walk away. Amendola Metro Station close by, so city centre was straight forward to visit. Breakfast decent.

The hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was fine for us, less than a 5 minute walk to the Underground network and only a 5 minute ride to the to the centre. Breakfast was ok, a good choice of cold food but not much choice of hot food.

Adequate and functional but not particularly pleasurable.

The room was small. The toilet was positioned in such a way near the shower wall that you couldn't sit properly on it, and had to sit sideways. I'd asked for a non-smoking room and there were ashtrays everywhere. It wasn't cheap, but then I'm told Milan is an expensive city.

The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet. Breakfast was very decent for 6 euros. It was 5 mins walk from Amendola metro and easy to get into the centre. The staff were friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

Just some vegetables for breakfast (tomatoes and cucumbers)

Location.Cappuccino and all the breakfast.Friendliness of the staff.Everyday room cleaning.

Breakfast was good, apart from on day that there was little...
    • Quintuple Room

Breakfast was good, apart from on day that there was little variety and empty dishes. Staff was very helpful, clean hotel and quiet environment. Rooms big enough with well equipped mini bar and safe.

everything was ok;
    • Double or Twin Room

receptionists were little bit unfriendly; they didn't like additional questions;

everything was ok; the location; near to metro line M1, directly to Duomo; grocery shop was very near; all in all, the location was good; the room was also good; we liked the hotel;

Cleaning was very good
    • Double or Twin Room

No possibility to switch off the heating in the rooms! 27 degrees all the time, impossible to sleep in there! Staff at check out was very unfriendly

Cleaning was very good

Ideal

Room was fabulous for a 3 star hotel. Staff were excellent and friendly. Bathroom was ideal. Shower was amazing. I can't tell you about the bed I didn't sleep in it 😂

Location was fine, as it is very close to metro station.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The main problem was the overheating of the room. The room was so hot (in winter) that it was difficult to sleep as if we were in a hot summer night. We tried to tell this at the reception, but we were answered that it was not possible to lower the heating, and the only solution was to to leave the window open for the night. On top of that, they kept telling us that this inconvenience was not real, and they didn't take care of it in several days.

Location was fine, as it is very close to metro station. The room was big, clean and quiet.

Good location, great breakfast, most staff were helpful and friendly, family rooms need updating.
    • Quintuple Room

One particular reception staff at check in who was very abrupt, not friendly and unwilling to assist, no show of smiles. Made it very difficult to approach him. Bathroom and decor need updating in the family rooms.

Very good selection for breakfast, great coffee and friendly staff. Great start to the day.

Very nice and clean hotel at a good location
    • Double or Twin Room

In the room there is a touch panel above the card slot for keeping out the cleaning ladies, but it's not obvious, we only found out the last day. They are of course nice, but will try to knock and come in unless you figure this out.

Very nice and clean hotel, staff is friendly, it's also pretty close to the metro which takes you exactly to the center of the city. The neighbourhood is quiet and safe, we easily walked back to the Hotel from San Siro around midnight.

The Hotel suited my requirements for a four day stay in Milan.

Could have done with a better pillow, the breakfast was adequate.

My room at the back was fairly quite, comfortable bed apart from the pillow, good location for city centre.

The hotel room could’ve been better. Having parking on site was nice and it is close to a metro.
    • Quintuple Room

The room we got was old so it was disappointing that we did not get one of the newly renovated ones.

On site parking was nice since it’s impossible to find public parking. Parking was a little tight for medium to large size vehicles.

It was a great stay in this hotel and for sure will be going back soon.

A small refurbishment in the main hall and in the breakfast hall would help the hotel to be more welcoming.

The Hotel is very close to metro station, and walking distance to San Siro, Good value for money paid. Staff very helpful :)

Godd value for the money
    • Double or Twin Room

difference in staff quality; noise in the morning due to some garbage disposal !

Breakfast, beer in the pub, some staff was excellent some not, difference in staff quality, also I like the area around hotel, green area and close to the center

Very suitable for our purposes.
    • Double or Twin Room

The lock on the door to the bathroom was missing (due to a previous guest having become locked in the bathroom) and one of the bedside shelves was broken Whilst this did not significantly affect our enjoyment of the stay, we di not think a room in this condition should have been offered to a guest.

The staff in the breakfast dining room were particularly helpful

Okay for smokers.

The mattress didn't have a good quality anymore. The window was dirty and there was dust below. The room is small. But what was really bad: The room had an ashtray. Nobody had asked me if I am a smoker or not. And in the morning you could smell smoke at the corridor.

The cleaning woman was very friendly. She made everything ready although I came before 14 o'clock. Also the staff in the breakfast room was very helpful.

Clean, convenient, and spacious.
    • Double or Twin Room

The decor in the particular room had too much of a specific colour, even though I like green! I used the minibar and had to pay an extra 10 Euros for a charge that I hadn't anticipated (€20+ rather than €10.50), but I wasn't too clear on whether it was definitely in relation with the use of fridge. No major issues though!

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice and clean. The receptionists were friendly and helpful, when needed. The maid(s) did an exemplary job each morning. The free Wi-Fi was a particular bonus!

Definitly worth the value

Little bit far from city center (but close to sansiro stadium for A.C Milan footbal fans)

nice staff, great breakfast, good wifi, big rooms, close to metro

Don't stay more than one night !!!

The staff , the cleaning lady who was very upset that i didnt know italian so she can understand me. The breakfast was the same everyday and it was mediocre

That it was 5 mins away of the metro station

Value for money

Nothing really

Great hotel with value for money - would definitely consider to go back next time in Milan. The staff at the reception desk are very polite and efficient - helps you with all kind of questions. In the morning - you receive a warm welcome from staff at the breakfast who takes your coffee order and breakfast ticket. The room (single room) was well cleaned and also had a balcony. TV and internet was working without interruptions. Location - the subway is nearby (Amendola - line M1) and takes you to city center (Duomo). Also easy to reach from Malpensa Airport with Malpensa Express (single ticket 13E) to station Cadorna (thereafter subway M1 to Amendola). The surrounding neighborhood is safe and no busy traffic outside hotel. Could it be any better considering the price?

Nice breakfast, and comfortable bed.

Nice breakfast, and comfortable bed. You can leave the room key at the reception desk when going outside, thus avoid to lose it. That's very good.

The location near the Metro was great.

Hair dryer was weak

The location near the Metro was great. We also loved the easy parking and very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was great and had many options.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Good for a short trip
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are small, quite hot despite of air conditioning, water in the shower was very hard to fix (very cold or very hot). No vegetables and almost no fruits at the breakfast.

Location is very good, close to the underground station and many trams. It's a good place if You want to visit San Siro stadion. Staff nice and professional. Room very small but ok for a couple. Great wifi in whole hotel! Big plus for that.

Very nice neighborhood - green and silent.

Room updating is a must. Rooms are a bit dark and outdated. There seemed to be a bunch of renovated rooms available as well, however, we were given the old ones.

Very nice neighborhood - green and silent. Easy access to public transportation - metro station is in a short walk distance. Friendly staff.

Nice, modern and well located
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The quality of croissants at breakfast could be better - we are in Italy so the expectations are high.

Very good location, well connected via metro to the city center. The rooms (at least the ones from 2nd floor) were recently refurbished and it looks really nice and modern.

Real deal
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was a bit small.

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. The staff were really frieandly and helpful.location was good Amendola metro station 5 min walk.The balcony had a really nice view.

Perfect hotel to stay in Milan
    • Double or Twin Room

Very good location and convenient to reach city center through Metro in 10 mins. Hotel is 3 star. Very clean and staffs are very professional. Highly recommended

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Location was good for traveling to Rho by metro

Room did not look as advertised. It was very small and dated. Room was not in good shape and bathroom as tiny and needs some fixing. Bed was small, one pillow, thin blank so it was not comfortable. The area is nice and quiet but nothing to do. Few shops or places to eat.

Location was good for traveling to Rho by metro Staff was nice. Breakfast was ok but not great

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Nice stay at the Domenichino Hotel, friendly staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

In the bathroom: No ventilation and poor shower drain.

The hotel is located in a quiet and elegant neighborhood, 5 min. walk from Amendola underground station (which is only a 10 min. subway ride from the Duomo). Nice and friendly personnel, like all the people we met in Milano :) The breakfast was ok, nothing special about it.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Very nice hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel is situated conviniently and near metro station. The room was big enough, clean, with hot water, aircondition and TV with many channels. The stuff cleaned the room every day.The only thing we didnt like were the pillows which were too small and hard and there were not enough blankets. The breakfast was with many varaities every morning - eggs, bacon, sweets, bread, croissants etc. The coffee and the cappucciono were freshly made every morning. The street where the hotel is situated is very calm and you can have a good sleep. The wifi connection was good.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Breakfast was fine.

Service was a little less than average. We seemed to be an intrusion rather than an asset to this hotel. Staff were less than welcoming. Not bad, just not so welcoming. 'Robotic' might be the right word. Don't think parking at EUR 17.00 per night is fair...

Breakfast was fine... beds were quite tacky... uncomfortable. Mattresses are not so expensive, never understand why hotels cut corners like this.

Room was quit and the bed cosy.

Some of the staff were quite rude but most of them really nice and willling to serve.Some details in the room were worn out but everything worked just fine.

Room was quit and the bed cosy. Everything worked ok.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Comfortable Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Should add quilts instead of only sheets to cover or thin blankets provided on demand.

Loved the room and the location. Goog hotel with close proximity to the metro station. Cordial and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Browse for another hotel while earliest
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1.. beds are too bad . 2.. pictures dont reflect the real .pictures lie. 3. wi fi was interrupted several times while working . 4. breakfast was poor . 5.. receptionist was ungentleman and rough.

I will never been there more even if last room at milano .

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Breakfast has a great selection with superb freshly made...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast has a great selection with superb freshly made coffee. The staff in both the breakfast room and front of house are very friendly. As a business hotel it is great for us .

Very good breakfast.

It is very noisy - you can hear every car on the street. There is no balcony and there is no free parking space.

Very good breakfast.

Breakfast is a must for this hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is so good. Hotel is very clean and confortable. The location is a little bit far from downtown, but you can transport by subway.

Very quiet hotel.

Very quiet hotel. Very comfortable. Nice breakfast

Location to reach the Mico and the city center

The bed was not very comfortable.

Location to reach the Mico and the city center

Moderate hotel which is good for sleeping and no more.

fair price for what you get.

Very convenient located just 2 minutes to walk to metro...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very convenient located just 2 minutes to walk to metro station, very good breakfast

The staff were not at all smiley or friendly!
    • Quintuple Room

The staff were not at all smiley or friendly!!! The bacon ran out and i was told they couldn’t do anymore as it’d take too long!!!

Very clean and modern, staff very helpful and friendly

Location bit far out from centre and duomo are

Very clean and modern, staff very helpful and friendly

Nothing more nothing less.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing more nothing less..everything is okey for us...breakfast is good.

Some rotten smell from the drain in the bathroom.

Some rotten smell from the drain in the bathroom.

Clean rooms, close to metro station, staff are friendly and...

Clean rooms, close to metro station, staff are friendly and breakfast is nice

Enjoyable

Pavements

Friendly hotel staff and local area and people frendly and helpful

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very stuffy and extremely hot rooms. No possibility of airing or using air conditioning. Staff not very friendly.

Comfortable,clean and delicious.

Comfortable,clean and delicious.

Breakfast was great, above the expectations.

Our room was continiously cold

Breakfast was great, above the expectations.

Cafeteria service woman good

Value of money poor

Cafeteria service woman good

Small rooms

Small rooms

Good hotel, location ok

Not many markets and restaurants nearby.

Good Room good service good price

rooms weren't soundproof.

rooms weren't soundproof. bed was old

Browse Hotel Domenichino traveller photo gallery