Reviews of Hotel Giudecca Venezia 3 stars

Corte Ferrando, 409/C, Giudecca, 30133 Venice, Italy

#145 of 301 hotels in Venice

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast. However, there are a couple of good choices very near the hotel to enjoy a tasty and value of money breakfast.

Excellent location - just 5 minutes walk from Guidecca Palanca stop

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No negative comments to make about this hotel

Fantastic stay at this hotel over the weekend. Nice and quiet yet just a short boat ride to San Marco plaza. I would highly recommend a stay here

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Nice place, The room was nice and clean, the staff was very kind. Everithing was perfect. Venice is a beautiful place and we highly recommend this hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The location is wonderful, away from the hustle and bustle of Venice. Guidecca has a promenade of restaurants and shops with mainly local residents and small amounts of tourists. The hotel is a short walk from the water bus stop and set on a canal The reception area and breakfast area are spotless and welcoming. Our room was a wonderful size, with a king size bed, ensuite bathroom, fully stocked mini bar, and cooling marble floors. The continental breakfast was great with fresh fruits, meats and cakes....the lemon cake is to die for. The reception staff were warm and welcoming and very helpful I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a calming retreat away from the heat of Venice.

Breakfast is too poor.. very little spread.. no boiled egg or omlette or sausage or good spread of salad .... very limited option in salad and cards. Wi-Fi is okay in lobby but slow in room.

Stuffs are good. Location is good too.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

As Venice is, it was quite expensive. The breakfast is nice, but i missed some eggs and fresh fruits (and not out of a can)

Great location, not as many tourists around. With the public boats you are very fast at all the sightseeings. The hotel was nice and cozy with nice staff. The bathroom was large and clean. The room had a nice view at the canal.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We didn’t have neither kettle not coffee/tea in the room and paid 5 euro for it. Usually it’s given for free, even in hotels with fewer stars. WiFi signal was poor both in the room and at the reception.

Rather good location, about 5 minutes to the boat station plus 10 minutes to the city center. Very cozy and clean rooms, friendly staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The "hotel" tied to save money on air condition. It used to work only on weekends. Once was working it was difficult to adjust it as the control panel was broken.

The food (breakpoint) was good and great coffee..

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The bed was not comfortable! I had spring digging in my back.. The breakfast was very basic, although it was continental there was not much option.

The hotel was nice and clean. Walking distance (2 mins) to the restaurants and water taxi. Adrea at reception was very welcoming. I would return on the basis I get a different bed offered.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No AC and the bugs were bitting us at night with the window open. We traveled in April so nice during the day but no air circulation in the room so it was warm and muggy

Great location. And nice staff. Breakfast was nice to be included and great selection.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

nothing all good evcept lack of view

Perfect location for us . Friendly staff excellent breakfast only draw back was that we had no view from our room

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Air con didn't work it was 21 to 25 degrees while we stayed and could have done with it at night.It would be nice if there was a seating area to sit outside the front of hotel .Other than that all was good

Clean, friendly, in a quiet area which was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of Venice mainland to rest after a busy day sightseeing.😀 .Breakfast was lovely plenty of choice and eat as much as you like of cereals fruits hams breads and pastries and beverages. Nice room comfortable& clean .

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It is very close to a "vaporetto", water bus... with 2-3 different lines of water bus, which will connect you to plaza san marco in about 15-20 minutes . Room was good in space, and very clean, staff is very kind. Breakfast was lovely as well.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Window below pavement, so you could not really keep it open for long. Only italian and no european sockets.

Very fine breakfast, nice staff,idyllically situated on the island. Typical venitian beautiful building and nice interior. Wonderfully tranquil and far off the folly of tourism as usual.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The signs for the hotel should be more visible from the main footpath, you have to go through a narrow Ally way but it's fine when you know but hard to find at first but so worth the find 😀

This is a beautiful Italian small hotel with lovely staff,rooms are clean and showers are brilliant!I was delighted we stayed on Giudecca island as it's so great to leave the very busy Venice &hop on a boat & 5 mins your back to hotel Giudecca &the island has everything you need such as lovely restaurants such as AE Bolt steak house ,fab!! there's shops and beautiful walks & I'm so glad we found this place & don't worrie about boat prices as it's a super service !we bought a travel card for 40 euro &you can travel as much as you want for 3days!!this really allowed us to see much more of the beauty of Venice from the lovely trips on the boat bus & we got a road bus from airport & bought the boat bus tickets from were it's a blue sign says public boat bus!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Beds were hard not comfy for us, breakfast was ok, but the same everyday, just continental.

Lovely quiet hotel away from all the hustle and bustle of Venice with great restaurants close by. Friendly helpful staff, clean hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No where to leave luggage when we had to check out early but had a late flight.

I liked how friendly some of the staff were and how helpful Andreas in particular was, he couldn’t do more for us and we felt very comfortable in this hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The rooms are fairly standard, but I think it’s good value for money. WiFi was weak in the room but that was informed to us upon booking. I did notice them installing new routers in the corridors when we were checking so I think that won’t be an issue anymore.

The staff was very accomodating and friendly. I had booked a small room without realizing it would not have any view. Upon request our room was upgraded for free with the view of the canal. They did not have to do it, but they did.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is primarily continental. I would have loved some eggs. Not a criticism, just saying ...

Extremely comfortable room, friendly staff, quiet location off the beaten track. If you don't like the hustle and bustle of central Venice, this hotel is only a short ride across the Giudecca Canal. It was great to be surrounded by locals in the bars and cafés, not other tourists.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the Wi-Fi is only on the reception area and it was slow. its in another island so you have to take a boat to visit the tourist destinations on the main island.

the staff were great and the choices for the breakfast were limited. lovely place and quite for resting.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that in order to reach the property from Venice you need to take the vaporetto which is not very cheap considering you need to do this at least twice a day for several days. So the better choice is to get a multiple days ticket. Also we didn't like that the room had no carpets and the floor was very cold and it didn't feel very homey. We had a double bed room but the bed actually was made out of 2 twin beds put together, not very comfortable.

The room was clean and the breakfast was quite good. Also the staff was very friendly and helpful. The position is ok because it is in a very quiet area and you can enjoy your sleep.

No WiFi in the rooms

We loved staying here. We arrived later in the evening and directions provided were easy to follow. The room was very quiet, clean, warm and comfy. Giudecca is a beautiful place to stay and we felt more like a local than a tourist. Staff helpful. A few really lovely places to eat nearby, and it's so easy to get to St Marks on the vaporetta. Highly recommended.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It is hard for a small hotel to provide a wide variety of fresh foods at breakfast. The breakfast in this hotel was not unpleasant, but compared to other hotels when I have stayed in Venice, it was a little bit disappointing.

This is the perfect place to experience the historic city free from the usual bustle, commercialism and the crowds. Small and beautifully run, with very friendly and efficient staff, the hotel is located at the junction of two canals, at the end of a pleasantly simple campo set one block back from the Guidecca Canal. The restaurants, bars, galleries and boat station are all in easy reach, but the hotel itself is an oasis of peace and quietness. Inside, it is modern and very well equipped – when you step outside the door, you seem to step back in time, and get a glimpse of the city as it used to be. A really charming discovery.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Beds were a little too firm but otherwise the too was very clean and well appointed. A kettle was included which wasn't mentioned on Booking com web site

So superbly clean

• Classic Double or Twin Room

When you reach Giudecca island where the hotel is located it is very difficult to get to Hotel without GPS. I think some signpost to Hotel should be seen on the main walking pathway on Giudecca or at Palanca Terminal.

The breakfast was very good. Location and safety are also good. Hotel is very clean and furnitured in nice style.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Definitely overpriced for the facilities it offers - no wifi nor see trough windows in the room - and for the quality of breakfast as features basic supermarkets products.

Staff and cleanliness were great, same for the location in a quieter area of Venice.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

wi-fi works in lounge near receprion only

The hotel is quite far from the tourist bustle and thus quiet. The room was clean and the towels changed daily. Breakfast is rich for 3 stars hotel. Despite we lived on the 0 floor, we didn't felt any unpleasant smell either from channel or street. The hotel has its private pier, and this together with its authentic interiors makes the hotel very.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a slight sewer odour but that is to be expected in Venice.

Our room had a balcony which we really appreciated which overlooked a canal. Great views. Very quiet area with good restaurants nearby. Easy to use the water bus to get around.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No wifi in the bedroom only in the lobby area , television old only two english channels very hard beds and pillows, no space to sit and relax, no outdoor space or garden , the shower was rather old and needed replacing as it leaked into the bathroom

The staff were excellent also the breakfasts a very clean and quiet Hotel

• Classic Double or Twin Room

In my opinion the value for money is not really good. I found the room price to high. The hotel is at a relatively hidden place, far from the city centre. From outside it does not really differ from the surrounding buildings. No lights or eye-catching signboards, it doesn't look attractive. My first impresson was: "Oh dear!". For this price, I expected something more fascinating or elegant. There is no wifi in the rooms (XXI. century) and there were some other trivial small things that was not to my liking (little worn furniture, 1 small bag shower gel, etc.) But I don't mean my opinion as criticism. It's rather an advise to make the place better. To some up I think that this is a good hotel, I enjoyed to stay there. Just the price is a little bit stiff.

The stuffs are very kind, friendly and helpful. Good communication! The hotel gave me a prompt, exact and polite answer by mail when I asked some questions before my arrival. The hotel is located in a calm and quiet place far from the noise of the tourist's mass. It is a very charming place, excellent for relaxation. It's dining room is bright, clean and pleasant. The rooms are clean and silent. The whole hotel has a calm atmosphere.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We enjoyed everything ! The Hotel was lovely, the area was safe and a nice area to stay. We loved the Vaperetos and everything really. We purchased a bus and Vaperetto ticket in the Airport for 104 Euros and it was free travel right up to us returning home. We went Friday to Monday and the tickets were for 72 hours which was brilliant and well worth it.Fabulous

• Classic Double or Twin Room

When I first saw images while booking I though the view will be different, but that's not a problem because I wasn't planing spending much time inside😉 Wifi only in lobby

The hotel itself is very comfortable and clean. Great service and very responsive staff. My room had a good working conditioner that was a blessing due to boiling heat outside, and all needed stuff for personal hygiene, even toothbrush:) Also to get to the hotel from Palanca station will take you not more then 5 minutes.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The only criticism I would have is the size of the shower in the room we were in. It was absolutely tiny! My husband and I are by no means large but I had to have the cubicle doors open just to get my arms up to wash my hair. Bit of a palava!

The staff were excellent and couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast was good and the rooms were a good size. It's in an excellent location if you don't want to be in all of the hustle and bustle of San Marco.

Booking.com stated that breakfast was included, but this was not correct according to the hotel and I was charged for the breakfast. Seems that Booking.com has the wrong information. So I belive that I will not use Booking.com again if I can't trust the info.

Nice personal

• Classic Double or Twin Room

This is a great location if you want to be a short boat ride to the middle of the action. The location was quiet and met our needs. However, since it is on another island, places closed early. The staff at the hotel were very accommodating in helping us find a place to have a late dinner. We appreciated their help. Breakfast was available and wifi was in the lobby, not in the rooms. This was just ok for us since we stayed out all day anyway. We would stay here again next time we're in Venice.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The internet-connection only works in the lobby.

This is it if you're going to Venice, so calm and comfortable staying at Giudecca. Nice hotel with very helpful staff. Good AC. Good restaurants close to the hotel. Easy access to any area in Venice by the vaporettos. Extra plus for the breakfast.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff were really nice. The night person made several phone calls when we came in around 10pm and needed a restaurant. He found a place walking distance from the property and he went above and beyond what any staff would do. We really appreciated that. Otherwise, the property was great, very nice, exactly what we wanted. Wifi was only in the lobby which worked for us most of the time.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No wifi. Rather dark and dingy (see photos). Most TV channels for movies etc had to be requested via reception – utterly ridiculous. Furniture tired. View from room – back of another building within six feet, so no view at all! Shower fitting faulty. Air conditioning a complete mystery. Minibar available but hugely over-priced. I've been going to Venice for more than 40 years and I was really disappointed with this place. I can see the Booking.com system has me scoring this place at 6.3 – which is rather generous, in my opinion.

Useful, quiet location near to venue for my course, and public transport (the vaporetto stops) are never far away on Giudecca, one of the better parts of the city as it attracts fewer tourists. Comfortable bed, adequate hanging space/storage for clothes. Sufficient sockets for rechargers etc. Staff seemed friendly. Breakfast plentiful and pleasant enough, if a little dull, and the cappuccino comes out of an automated machine.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bookings.com have shown the wrong rooms on the website. We didn't get the room we paid for. I paid for a superior double and was put into a classic double. I had to argue with the staff to get a better room but It still wasn't a superior double room and nowhere close to the room that is shown on the website. I am really unimpressed with booking.com for making such a big mistake. I paid for a superior room and was put in the most basic the hotel had to offer. There are no king size beds in the hotel either which was really disappointing. I questioned the beds when I had to speak to staff about the room and they said every room is just single beds pushed together. I'm not angry with the hotel. I am angry with booking.com for offering a double as an option and all the other things they offered and didn't get but still paid for and I intend to make a complaint.

Breakfast was lovely and the staff were really nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Awesome personnel, one of the best we've seen during our italian vacations. The hotel is situated on a Giudecca island, so it's better to buy a 3-7 day ticket if you are staying more than for a night. It's very quiet at night compared to the main touristic area, still 'Palanca' pier is 200 m from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

After being amidst the Hustle and bustle of the Grand Canal it was nice to has a quiet place to relax after a long day. It really helps to get acquainted with the boat public transport immediately after arriving. A boat pass makes staying on the islan

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was very overpriced and not a great spread for the price. We only ate there once.

Clean, peaceful and light. The rooms were cosy, staff were nice.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Running water noise from the air conditioner all night during the 2nd night of stay. Wi-Fi available only in lobby though this is mentioned in the overview before booking.

Staff very friendly. Provide maps and information on places to visit. Close to nice restaurants which are not as pricey as the tourist heavy locations like San Marco

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Finding the hotel I the dark. Get a good street map to find exact location beforehand , as it is difficult to find the turn off the waterfront at night. Understanding the Venetian numbering system helps. Once found it was really easy to locate and tour the lovely island of Guidecca. Mobile phone with google map would do the trick.

The hotel is breakfast only. Limited in choice but good quality and excellent service.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The rooms were so unclean and dusty i ended up getting ill from it - made my asthma worse The room size was awful could barely get from one side of the room to the other without squeezing through a gap- and the temperature of the room was so humid and horrible could barely sleep.

The bathroom was nice

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

- wifi slow and only in the lobby

+ quiet located + next vaporetto stop only minutes away + forthcoming staff + clean rooms + breakfast not elaborate but suitable considering the Italian breakfast habits

Wi-Fi

Very kind staff (specially Mr. Adrea). Very clean room and bathroom. Comfortable bed. Excellent location.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The wireless is only available on the lobby.

We had an very pleasant stay (3 nights) at Giudecca Hotel. The room was clean and cozy (and it looked nice), the view outside was awesome, the bed was comfortable and during the night it was quiet so we were able to rest properly. The breakfast is ok and the personnel is great.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The position on the Giudecca, an place without any architectural interest, though indicated as interesting in tourists guide; it is built with poor houses and has no charm,it is a sad poor place. The hotel itself (difficult to find), is deprived of any venitian style, rooms are small and no one with bath tub.It is a pity not to have kept some significant aspects of the small monastery it used to be, and not to have a balcony at least on the groundfloor, for access to the water. It as been restructured as modern. Choose San Marco or along the Grand Canal if you wish to sleep in Venice, if not it is better to sleep at home.

a confortable modern hotel

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

NO WIFI IN ROOMS. The receptionist, upon arrival, was cold and unfriendly. When we asked him for information about 'grocery stores' he was not able to understand us. Location is not the best as it is outside the main island and Guidecca island is not a exciting as it did not have much restaurants, shops, and night entertainment venues. For consolation, there was a pizza place open late and it was cheap and delicious with friendly staff. go and see la foca.

It was one of the cheapest hotels we could find in Venice. Room was clean, decent and comfortable. It had good heating and we were provided ample towels, toiletries and slippers. The room also had kettle for making tea and coffee.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The rooms were not at all sound proof so we heard a lot of noise from reception and other guests during the night (might not be idea for very light sleepers) but with the amount of walking and sea air you have during the day, you shouldn't find it difficult to sleep. The hotel isn't the easiest to find for the first time either, so use a map or Google maps if you can to locate for the first time. Also look out for the alternative name as I don't belive this was updated on the hotel itself when we arrived

The room had heated floors and a very lovely feel to them. The bed was comfortable and lots of space for 2 people.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff were really helpful, with lots of tips on places to visit. The view from the Windows were beautiful and there was lots of choice for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The bed was comfortable enough (it didn't interfere with our sleep) but I have slept on better.

It felt like a refuge. Very peaceful, comfortable and spacious. Better than average breakfast for an Italian hotel. They even serve tea in proper teapots!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No wifi - that's it really!

Great location, good to based on Guidecca as we got to experience that and catch the water boat over every day. It's really easy to do, and was the thing I was most worried about - get yourself a 3 day pass though if you're staying that long - and you can catch them at your leisure. Perfect transport method! The hotel was really lovely, as was the room - such a relaxing stay!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Name at the front of hotel is slightly different so was confused on arrival as to whether it was correct hotel, there is no wi-fi in the room and the connection down in lobby is non-existent and the beds in room were two single beds pushed together.

The staff that greeted us were friendly. Tidy, clean, spacious enough room for two people, free breakfast in the morning, daily change of towels and sheets and decent location with shops, restaurants and water bus within 2 min walk.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Internet was very, very bad and couldn't even send a picture on WhatsApp. Sheets were for a single bed and not a double bed. Double bed is actually two beds pushed together, therefore both of us had to confine ourselves to one mattress so we didn't fall in the middle and so we can stay covered in sheets.

Good location. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

no kettle, and stuff told me only superior room has kettle. Other than uncomfortableness, what else she could make me by saying that?

nice location. Quiet

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Wi-fi is free but available only in lobby, also it is pretty slow and requires loging through separate webpage each time you connect. Breakfast is typical for Italian hotels - 2 types of ham, honey, jam, no cheese, some fruits. Coffee from the express machine is so-so, but you can ask the staff for an Italian one. Also remember that hotel is on Giudecca, which means you will need to buy a vaporetto ticket - but it allows you to visit the islands as well so it's not really a downside. Climate tax is not included in room price, for 2 days and 2 people we've paid 14 EUR

Hotel has a great quality-price ratio, it's on Giudecca, which means a quiet district with more Venetians than tourists. Staff is very nice, rooms are cozy, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

What a nice surprise. We wanted convenience and privacy. Both were had at this hotel just across the Guidecca Canal from San Marco. The room was large and smartly appointed. The bathroom clean and spacious. There was an abundance of good restaurants on the island and even places to grab coffe and sandwiches when going to catch a water bus. Don't hesitate to book your stay here. Molto Bene

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We can't think of a negative -- We would go back there again in a heartbeat..

The location was what really sold us on the hotel. As it is located on Giudecca, it is away from the "madding crowds", and is where many of the locals live and work. So we could catch a vaporetto (very reasonably) to where the hordes of tourists were gathered, mingle when we wanted to, and escape back to our quiet island. The hotel was up-to-date in every important way, other than the need to use the WiFi in the lobby rather than one's room. It didn't inconvenience us at all. There were numerous good restaurants within a short walk of the hotel, as well.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

This hotel could have been so much better by simply putting a kettle and a couple of cups in each room. Having to pay 5 euro for a cup of tea in the room is not on. In addition modern travellers expect wi fi in their rooms not outside in a cramped communal area.

The location of this hotel is excellent, far from the madding crowd but only minutes away from all major attractions by water taxi.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Internet only in reception area and and that too not good speed How to reach the hotel directions could have been provided in advance through mail to avoid unnecessary expenditure or waste of time

Location peaceful and away from bustle yet very convenient, with excellent laundromat nearby Room comfortable, compact and functional Staff helpful Reasonably good breakfast

The only real problem was the poor internet connection. WiFi only available in the foyer area which is small and can get crowded. The signal was strong but the actual internet was very poor.

Friendly and helpful staff. Good position so long as you are aware of the need to catch vaporetto across.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No internet connection at the rooms and poor internet connection at reception and common areas. The price did not include an additional tourist tax that you have to pay at the end of your stay.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Amazing area,beautiful, safe and quiet. Despite the fact that it is located on Giudecca island, the public transport to the main Venice islands was really good with bus boats running during the night as well. Nice, comfortable and clean room. Excellent breakfast and included in the price.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is very poor. No WIFI in the rooms, only in Lobby and stiil not good there.

The staff were very helpfull and supported specilly the guy at the reception and nour.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

May seem like a minor point but in this day and age I'd expect a 3 star hotel to provide wi-fi in all areas including the rooms. You had to go to the lobby to use it and it wasn't very reliable and I'd expect more

The island the hotel is located on is absolutely beautiful - perfectly situated away from the main tourist areas with a good mix of things to do/local experiences. For 3 stars in Venice you won't get much better for the price!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Actually, I liked the holes in the towels, but i did not like that waste baskets were not emptied every day, and some of the cups were not well cleaned in the breakfast room.

breakfast, the smallness of the room. very compact. Eleanoras help and manner, the very nice woman who took care of breakfast--very pleasant and efficient, the location. Self service real breakfast.

Slow lobby only wifi.

The staff Elena,Giuseppe &, Andrea were wonderful. Also very informative of the local restaurants etc. Very quite room, yummy breakfast . Thank you for everything

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Signage to hotel was not good especially when arriving in the dark.

Convenient location with local facilities including water bus to access other places.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We loved our room here, good size, comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good and the staff were absolutely fantastic. The location is perfect (go left off the Vaporetta, keep heading along the waterfront, walk over the bridge then it's the next alley on your right just after the laundromat, keep going to the end and it's just on your right before the canal).

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

- No WIFI in room

- The friendly staff - Location of the hotel (quiet part of Venice) - Cleanliness of the hotel - Great local environment and atmosphere - Great hotel with stunning views - Riverside restaurants all along the bank

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Wifi. The hotel only has wifi in the bar area and NOT in the rooms or breakfast area. wifi signal was weak and speed was slow during our stay. This begins to be a problem if you want to plan for the next day and do research on where to go.

Great breakfast in a lovely conservatory area. Location was very good. Guidecca is a nice quiet area with some great waterside restaurants and bars, and only a 4 minute water bus ride to mainland Venice.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The A/C unit was hard to control didn't have any remote control etc Breakfast could have been a bit better.

Staff were lovely, hotel had character.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We were first on ground floor which was nicely cool as it was July hot, quite a quirky room. We stayed a week so asked to move for more light. Hit jackpot with super internal room on first floor. No fault of the hotel but if the people in the room above woke early, came in late or in one case pounded The floor until 3am, we heard every step! If you're a light sleeper therefore you may wish to request a top floor room!

Staff v friendly and helpful, location v quiet, Giudecca great base!

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

You should pay attention to the checking out time. We were not told about this. When we came back at 13 o'clock and were suddenly told that we passed the checking out time and were fined 50euro! Though the manager said it was ok and we didn't have to pay in the end, I felt hurt. This left a uncomfortable feeling to my trip in Venice.

Large and clean room. But a little difficult to find.

Browse Hotel Giudecca Venezia traveller photo gallery