Reviews of Exe Domus Aurea 3 stars

Via Volturno 30/32/34, Central Station, 00185 Rome, Italy

#270 of 921 hotels in Rome

Recommended for short stay only

It was too small that I did not even have space to open my luggage. My towel had a brown spot on it as well, I did not tell them to change it because I had my own.

It was a clean room in general with super friendly staff. In general it was a nice experience for short stay and if I want to stay 1 or 2 nights I would comeback there. The service was like 4 start hotel, I was welcome with a bottle of water and fruits in my room, I had shampoo, tooth brsh and even a cum.

Very good location, 5 minutes walk from Termini station.

Single room on the small side (11m2) but large bed instead of a single bed.

Very good location, 5 minutes walk from Termini station. Very clean bedroom/bathroom. Great selection for breakfast. Good value for money for a capital hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great location so close to train station.

Great location so close to train station. Amazing restaurants to eat at. And close to the ruins and basilica. Staff was very helpful and room were small but very clean.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great Location - All you need!

This is out of the hotels control but wifi was down for a couple of days sue to a fire the cable in the subway.

Excellent breakfast! So much to choose from and awesome sitting on the top terrace to eat it. Room was clean, and air conditioned. Room size was all we needed, as spent lost our time exploring the streets.

Not perfect but comfortable and convenient.

No WiFi on our second day. No Ice machine. Second morning the person in charge of the breakfast room was unwelcoming, grumpy and missing for very long periods. As we started breakfast there were no eggs and as we finished 40 mins later, he just arrived with them.

Beds, Breakfast, location to Trains.

Great location a short walk from the main train station, as...

Great location a short walk from the main train station, as well as all the main sights. Front desk was extremely helpful. Breakfast was a bit on the average side but a good range if you like a simple breakfast and convenience.

Comfortable and friendly

The rooms were small, but not much can be done in that regards. However, the lift facility requires upgrading as it is very slow! Also, the shower cubicles were quite small, even for an average size person.

The rooms were smaller than expected, but we really enjoyed our stay here. Very good location, clean and suitable for two. Valentina the receptionist was very lovely and friendly during our stay. She assisted us with any issues we had. Grazie!

Best hotel of a 6 week round the world trip

All the staff were amazing, rooms beautiful, housekeeping staff very discreet and friendly. All staff were knowledgeable on tourist spots, travel and nightlife. Amazing value for money.

for a 3* hotel can never be better. PERFECT.

everything was perfect, didn't expect a 3 star hotel to be as good as it was. went in Florence to 4 stars hotel before arriving to Rome, this hotel was even much better than the 4* .

The staff was instrumental in making our Rome trip a joy.

The staff was outstanding. They helped us with directions, reservations and advice. The made calls checking things for us. They seemed dedicated to helping us see what we wanted to see, make suggestions and smooth the way for us. Would highly recommend staying there particularly if you know next to nothing about getting around Rome.

Good for short stay.

The air conditioning in the room wasn't working, the shower drain hole was almost blocked, and the room was too small for two people.

Good location, and the reception staff were so nice and helpful.

Close to train station and restaurants

Would like to see USB ports to charge my electrical items.

Close to Roma termini station. Very clean and attentive staff. We did not have breakfast so I can not say anything about it.

Warm welcome, great staff.

I wish I could have stayed longer.

Location is excellent if using Rome Termini station. Reception staff outstanding as before. This time they were Valentina and Toni, two of the best in the business Breakfast is very good, with wide range of choices. It is very clean

It was exactly what I expected. I just needed a bed for the night, and that is what I got

I wanted economical and convenient for Termini, and this most definitely was. I never have breakfast, so I have no idea how flaky the croissants were or what the coffee was like. I could receive emails, but not send them

Breakfast was supposed to start at 0700 but I found that the...

Breakfast was supposed to start at 0700 but I found that the coffee and orange juice machines were not yet ready. Additionally, the eggs tasted of fish presumably after being cooked in the same pan.

Good hotel with some issues.

There was a queue on check in. Wasting of time. And employees did not allow to pay by paypass or Samsung pay - only with real card.

Very close to central station. Cool breakfast. Nice streets around hotel. Good restaurant near this hotel.

Suited our needs for locality close to Roma Termini.

Size of room - very small. Air-conditioning wasn't good. Tried to put heating on but didn't seem to work - felt cold at night. Sink had big crack which had been mended but didn't make a good impression.

Excellent location close to Roma Termini.

Great place

The location of the hotel is excellent - really close to the central station, from where different transfers can be made by buses, or metro, going to the airport, center, etc. There are supermarkets and restaurants nearby. The staff in the hotel was really kind - we arrived earlier than expected, so our luggage was stored safely, in a locked place. The reception is open 24 hours, offering support at any time, as well as having small chats with the guests on how was the day, if they were satisfied, etc. We got good recommendations on places to eat, or visit and the fastest routes to them. The room and the common areas got cleaned every day. Great place - recommending it for sure!

Good location, very clean, nice room, excellent personnel,...

Good location, very clean, nice room, excellent personnel, especially Valentina, Daniela and Nino on front desk. Nothing too much trouble for them. Location near Terminii and Repubblica very convenient. Plenty if good, affordable restaurants nearby.

My stay in the hotel was good but not good enough. It’s okayish only.

The room was really small, looks big in the pictures though and the bathroom was small as well. It’s hard to manouvre around. There is no restaurant in the hotel so they only serve breakfast, other than that if you get hungry, you need to buy food from outside. The location of the hotel is a bit far from the Roma Termini, like it was a 10-15 mins. walk & not 1 min. as advertised. The hot water in the shower comes and goes as well. 1 min. it is very hot the next min. it is very cold. Also the drain in the shower is very slow to drain that’s why at times there are loads of water in the floor.

The staff was very helpful but at times cannot understand what I wanted because of their limited english. The breakfast was really good, there are loads of choices of food. The bed is big though and comfortable, as well as the pillows.

Good for budget. Low for comfort and experience. Wouldn't recommend.

Last minute trip into Rome and this place became available. Booked because of good reviews and good web photos but I wouldn't recommend it. The bed and furniture were poor quality. The first room I was issued smelled of body odor. Location not central to the historic district.

Good rate. Close to train station.

The staff was very polite and willing to help us.

The breakfast was quite good but could have been better. The room is not very spacious but was comfortable.

The staff was very polite and willing to help us. The hotel is situated at the center of Rome and is very near to two metro stations and many bus stops. The room was clean and the bathroom was quite spacious.

Best deal for perfect vacation.

The rooms are small but very clean

The staff is wonderful. Allways help with smile. The location was perfect. Near the center station (metro&bus&rail). The brakfest was very good and the room was very very clean. We had perfect vacation.

Good for a short stay

However I found the temperature in the room quite cold. And was a bit surprised not to find the duvet on the bed with such a weather. So i searched in the wardrobe for something to keep myself warm during the night. good blanket was there.

Overall the stay was nice. The stuff was very friendly and I could leave my luggage at the hotel before the check-n time. The location is perfect if you need to travel from the Termini station somewhere, as it is max 10min walking distance. Plus the city center itself is quite near too. The room was very clean and the size of it was well too.

Good place. Everything you need. Would recommend for the price.

Bathroom shower very small. Could not find an English speaking TV channel. Breakfast room small - I got a table no problem but don't know what this would be like in peak times of the year.

Great location. Easy to find. Good price. Good breakfast. Good free wifi. Nice view of the street.

Hotel is fine for short stays.

Breakfast, room for improvement, needs some more thought for the layout, not just piling all food on top of covered Formica and ensure checking of freshness. Serve tea and coffee at the tables, hot food cooked to order, clearly have the facility to do this and make more welcoming to those staying.

Location of property good. Cleaning staff are a credit to this hotel.

Location is super.

There were no electric kettle in the room.

Location is super. Just few minutes walk from Roma Termini and bus stations. One can walk to many tourists attractions. Hotel staff was really helpful and polite.

Nice stay in the Rome city center

Very-very good breakfast in the roof-tot terace. Excelent variety to choose from, cheese, ham, home-made bakery, croissants, many fruits. Excelent coffee and cappucciono. Clean room, white towels. Great value for money.

Modern c

There was a continental breakfast included, however I was expecting it to be better for what it was worth.

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful from the moment we checked in until we checked out. The room we were in was clean and bigger than expected. The en suite was very modern and had an amazing shower. Room was cleaned every morning and towels etc. changed. Easy access to termini station (less than 10 minutes).

Stayed with baby for 6 nights

The elevator is old and scary. The baby cot mattress was not high quality or comfortable for my 9 month old. The heater did not keep our room warm.

Clean. Friendly staff. Clean baby cot was provided. Buffet was nice with a great variety of food and drinks.

Good location in Rome

There was nothing to dislike.

The location, architecture, interior design, cleanliness and staff, all at above good standards. The room was very comfortable and with a good value taking into consideration the period and location

The staff are friendly.

Just the room size,,little bit small

The staff are friendly.I like the environment. Halal restaurant, fastfood near my place and also delicious.And bus stop is near.Not to crowded but location is strategic

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Economical overnighter

The room was a bit small and the shower leaked a bit.

Very nice breakfast room with a view. Very convenient for Termini station (less than 10 minutes walk and easy to find). Staff was helpful and kind. Many restaurants nearby.

Avarage

My room had broken sink bank with some white filling, blankets were old, it was very loud from the street. Negative experience - cleaning lady was ignoring the card/sign on the door saying to not disturb - she enetered a room while we didnt want to be disturbed. When i told her we dont want her to clean and this was the reason why we put label on the door she rather arrogantly answered that i should have asked in reception. Same time receptionist told me that leaving label is enough to not be disturbed.Im often traveler worldwilde and always when I put label "dont disturb" it is always respected and i know I can feel comfortable and safe. I will not choose this hotel again.

Good location, Nice view from the breakfast room, reception open 24h

The perfect Hotel

The Hotel is simply perfect. Very clean rooms, friendly nice staff, the breakfast was just delicious at the last floor which is the rough with a nice view, the rooms very nice decorated with marbles and mini bar. The room has a very good water flow at the shower with hot water anytime. Nice comfortable bed. Air condition working fine both for cold and heat. The location of this hotel is just 5 minutes walking to the Termini Central. Do not book at hotel Terminal, I took 2 nights first there and it was awful so I changed to this hotel which was very nice.

The zone is not so nice but is pretty close to everything

The front desk guy of the night and the elevator. I left the hotel at 4 AM and when I made my checkout I expected the 20 EUR refund to return the key of the safe box. On the reception they told me that I have to pay 20 EUR (exact the same amount) for taxes that they never told me. Can anyone explain what can of taxes I had to paid when It was already been paid with my booking? The elevator is the slowest of the world, but it can me afford it.

Very good breakfast.... Ladies of the front desk are awesome and really nice.

Location near the Termini.

I prefer the breakfast earlier, from 6.30 am.

Location near the Termini. Breakfast was very good with many types of cheese, mozzarella, tomatoes, omelet, ham, salami, yogurt. There were many cakes, juice.

The reception staff were amazing.

The room was small, the bathroom perfectly usable and clean, but very small. This is an observation and not a complaint; all hotels in this price range in major cities tend to have small rooms. If this will bother you, best look elsewhere (and almost certainly pay a lot more)

The reception staff were amazing. Especially the afternoon receptionist; so cheerful it made me cheerful. The map of Rome they gave on arrival was very useful. Even let me leave my luggage free of charge for a few hours after my stay; they asked me if I'd like it.

Great location near the Train station and the breakfast with...

My shower leaked and no way to fix and it was dirty. Also the bathroom is ridiculously small. I literally had to crouch down squeeze under the sink, to use the toilet.

Great location near the Train station and the breakfast with a view was lovely! The staff was very friendly.

We wanted to book a room for later in the month but the...

We wanted to book a room for later in the month but the inflated rate was too high. I felt that a returning customer would be given a similar rate. But no loyalty extended to current customer

Good

the roads are noise around the area during the night, but it has been like this in every hotel I have stayed in around the station

Good position for the train station.

The place is very continent to stay for a night, close to...

Rooms were much smaller than expected, can barely walk in the room.

The place is very continent to stay for a night, close to Rome Terminal, can walk easily.

Great location. Friendly, helpful staff.

Having to leave !

This hotel is perfect, great location, breakfast and staff. Can't recommend it enough. We've stayed on a number of occasions and will do so again if we visit Rome in the future.

Great location as close to the train station

The scrambled eggs were rubbery and no fried or poached eggs were available, however the tomatoes were flavoursome. Loved them on toast with Swiss cheese and cracked black pepper. Loved the array of nuts on offer too.

The location is very close to Rome Termini train station and...

The location is very close to Rome Termini train station and bus route. A hop on off bus stop is close for tourists. You could comfortably walk to some major attractions. There was lovely reasonably priced restaurants closeby. The breakfast was excellent and the staff extremely helpful and friendly.

Breakfast was great.

Breakfast was great. Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable, even though the room was a bit small. There are many bus stops next to the hotel from which you can quickly take a bus to the city centre. The hotel overcharged me by mistake, but they quickly refunded the amount once I brought the matter into their attention via email when I got back home.

When I made the reservation breakfast pop up as included ..wich it wasn't included we expected to

No parking to the hotel only parking for 30 euro per day...

It is a shame to let people sleep in a place that the mattress is so terrible you feel the wires of the mattress it was supposed to be a double bed ..instead we got two twin attached that got separated during the night..the rooms are very small...ee had the worst nights sleep...

Not a good value for its price

The room is the smallest I've Ever been to. I realy could see the difference between this hotel and others around the same area that offer about the same thing but cost over a 100$ less

We liked the breakfast

close to city enter, perfect price per performance, funny twin beds

Our twin bed is constructed from two individual beds, there is a big space between them, I ws always finding myself in the middle of Grand Canyon :)

close to city center, you can reach all historical places of Rome by foot, price per performance is perfect

Great breakfast, great location, great hospitable attendants

Only thing was bed was a bit hard for me. It needs some softness. My husband didn't mind but my bones ached after walking.

Looked the breakfast. The bed was a little bit hard and needed a pillow top but glad we had xtra pillows and I made it feel fine for. MY aching bones after traveling & walking. The location is great for reaching many of the attractions! Loved that there was an front office attendant even @ 2:00 am. To let us safely back into hotel. That was awesome. We walked the streets late at night with no crowds! Super cool to do -

Good stay would reccommend

Staff weren't always as friendly as they could've been More storage space in the room needed 25 min walk to trevi fountain, 45 min walk to colloseum Slow lift

Great breakfast and coffee 3 minute walk to the train station where our transfer dropped us off, so very easy journey Good air conditioning Very clean Good restaurants very close by Metro station nearby

First visit to Rome, hotel was nice and quiet even though it was in a busy street. Hope to go back t

Would have liked a bar to have coffee, or wine at the end of the day. Disappointed in hot food choice for breakfast,scrambled egg very runny,sausages to small . Would have liked a cup of ordinary tea , only tea bags supplied were lemon flavoured !!!

We arrived in a heatwave and appreciated the air conditioning been left on in our bedroom throughout our trip. Staff friendly and helpful at reception. Cleanliness of room ,lovely good size bed ,room cleaned each day, hotel very central to the highlights of Rome.

Not the best hotel but very doable and extremely good value for money and an excellent location

The hotel is a bit old and the elevator is scary. The breakfast was very disappointing.

Very friendly staff and excellent location (5 min walk from the central station) and extremely good value for money

Very polite helpful staff The Main Manager was a very...

Location is in the hustle and bustle area of the city by the Termini which is use full if you are travelling outside of Rome

Very polite helpful staff The Main Manager was a very pleasant and charming man

Good value for money, nice staff

There was a regular electic noise in the room (in about every 5 minutes), which was weaking us up during the night. We told at the reception, but it could not be solved during our stay. We missed the plain yoghurt, all were sweet.

Breakfast was beautifull in the rooftop room. Excellent coffee. Nice staff. Clean rooms, nice spacious bathroom.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Poor not recommended for tourists

Staff overall were rude. Room had a window that didn't lock, bed very uncomfortable. Room location terribly noisy from gaps in window and street frontage. Early checkout at 6.30am meant we paid for breakfast but couldn't be catered for. Disappointing. Man on duty said bad luck!

1 staff member during the day on the 5th was great. Room location was very noisy but we were offered a change in the second night which was great. Breakfast was great on one morning.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Nice place in a central location.

My room was really tiny, so I didn't have any desk/table to work or even put my staff. And in the legs of the bed there was hardly any room for my luggage. It didn't look like this in the pictures i saw when i booked the place.

The staff was super nice and always available! Nice breakfast and amazing terrace with view of the city.

Small hotel with good location and nice breakfast

The hotel is very close to the termini and there're convenient stores just downstairs. The room is a little small comparing to the other Italian hotels' I've stayed, but it's enough for me( I just need a room to stay one night to catch the train in the morning). The Breakfast is a pleasure, nice setting and good food!

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Good place to stay if you need to be close to Termini station.

Very noisy street, if your window is right on the street, it would be hard to sleep. The bed is not comfortable. A bit pricy, but it's hard to find a cheaper place in Rome.

The location is very good, you can even see Diocletian Bath from the window. Very close to Termini station.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

A very comfortable stay.

Lift could do with upgrading as couldn't take 4 people of average weight and was supposed to take 6.

A very comfortable 3 star hotel close to all attractions and transport. Staff were excellent.

The location was excellent, all that we wanted to see was in...

The room was small but this was not a problem. I do think for the price we paid some bottles of water in the room would of been nice. There was nothing I didn't like about the hotel and would stay again.

The location was excellent, all that we wanted to see was in walking distance. The main train station was very close by and we were able to take the train directly to the airport. The staff were very friendly, the hotel was very clean and we were never disturbed by noise from other guests.

Great Location and Easy to get to

Window gave to a closed patio, seating area of another hotel...

Good breakfast. Staff were excellent. Location was great - near Termini Station. Also conveniently close to an excellent restaurant called La Famigllia (book because its always packed). If you fancy a quick takeaway that is also available straight across the road. Room was clean well made up.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Convenient stay near the city centre

The bed was horrendous. I like my bed to support my back - this one just gave up and I sunk about 20 cm into it.

Two great things about this hotel - location and breakfasts. Hop on the train from the airport and then it is only few minutes walking distance. Plus you are almost at the historic center. Breakfasts are generous with many different meals to choose and with some daily variation. Also, the wifi works reasonably well.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Nice hotel

Concierge at check out Small room Sank bed

Nice hotel, good location, breakfast and staff. As only point to be add is about beds, such beds sank and size of rooms. About staff at late check out there were lack information about cities taxes abd concierge was not educated. In general the only unpolite guy. All rest is fantastic

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The room was hot and the air conditioner is only turned on...

The room was hot and the air conditioner is only turned on during summer. On a Spring day of 26 degrees it was rather uncomfortable after a full day of walking around Rome

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Good spot if you like a hot room.

Thermal heating was on in room, and air con was not working yet. Room was very hot and uncomfortable.

Location was good, good to have breakfast on the roof. Location was perhaps a little noisy.

Good place to explore Rom

Bed wasn't that comfotable. Me and my Girlfriend had back ache after the first night but maybe that's not everyones problem. Room was located at the street. Sometimes was quiet noisy.

Breakfast was very good. They even had items without gluten and lactose. So there was something to eat for everyone. Location was good, we could reach almost everything by walking.

Pleasant stay at ExeDomus

Hotel needs a sign for visual on the street, we had to seek and find. Elevator might need some care.

Breakfast was very satisfactory. Location is great, close to main train station and a metro. Practically one would not need too much metro in Rome but was good.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Breakfast on to top....

Good location, kind and helpful staff, clean rooms. ....and VERY NICE breakfast on the terrace, on the top, over the roofs of Rome. Good value for money !

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Good base to explore Rome.

Bed was not always comfortable, basic but was super clean.

The view from my room, helpful staff and good location to key transport links to explore Rome. The roof top breakfast was an excellent experience to wake up to.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Excellent, very friendly staff and fantastic view.

The room was small and with the large bed didn't leave a lot of space for moving around it, but this wasn't actually a problem for us, for a single night.

The view of the Baths of Diocletian from the breakfast room was amazing. Walking distance of Termini station. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The booking process was very straightforward. Accessibility to someone with reduced mobility was good.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

A fantastic holiday!

Very helpful and friendly multi-lingual staff; clean and comfortable room, and a good breakfast selection. We loved this hotel! We also enjoyed the restaurant 'La famiglia' just around the corner - turn left as you leave the hotel, then left again and it is on the right. The food was all home- cooked and delicious, the antipasti were amazing, and the waiters were good fun. We ate here every evening of our four-night stay!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Perfect Hotel in Bella Roma :)

As described in other reviews the bathroom is a little bit small but it will do for a couple of days :)

Great location - two minute walk to two metro stations one of them Termini and near restaurants and kiosks, friendly staff - helped us in giving information to visit Rome's main attractions, very clean - room was cleaned daily and also hotel was very tidy, very good breakfast - we were surprised to see a mix of English and Continental breakfast available and there is a microwave and a kettle available in the lobby which we found very useful for us since we were traveling with a 7 month old baby. Will definitely choose this hotel when in Rome again.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Nice hotel

A bit older hotel but clean, comfortable, close to Termini train station and easily accessible (the main reason why we chose it was that we arrived to Rome late at night). Easy to get to historic city center as well. Rich breakfast buffet and nice, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

A great little room in the heart of Roma!! Grazie

The negatives are the street noise & no doona or even a bed cover? Kinda weird. In saying that, there were spare blankets & heating in the room.

The bed was compfy & the shower had great pressure. Super close to Termine station & other places of interest. Breakfast on the rooftop was great, such a great way to start a day of exploration of Roma.