Reviews of Hotel Due Mondi 3 stars

Via Saluzzo 3, San Salvario Valentino, 10147 Turin, Italy

#107 of 117 hotels in Turin

All check-in and check-out procedures were easy, staff...

A bit more cheese at the breakfast is desirable ;))

All check-in and check-out procedures were easy, staff friendly and cheerful! But most of all I was amazed with cleaning service - everyday the whole complex! I enjoyed staying at this place and highly recommend it. Hard to imagine smth more convenient by location and pleasant by accommodation! Thanks to Due Mondi Hotel for making my trip wonderful in a full sense of this word!

Avoid. might be cheap but not worth it.

rooms were decent size. AC didn't work. Owner told us that there was no technician to assist on weekend. Beds were hard and rooms poorly maintained. tiles in bathroom loose and coming off. breakfast was terrible. nothing other than a little ham and stale bread and a croissant. Public areas had cracks all over walls (staircases) looked like it was about to collapse.

Location was good and central.

Hotel is located closer to the train station, to the city...

The whole facility needs a deep renovation. In particular the bathroom of my room, despite cleaned, was quite old and with strong signs of wear.

Hotel is located closer to the train station, to the city center and to all services. Therefore the location is very good if you are travelling with public transports (recommended). The whole staff is friendly and courteous.

Locked out for hours

The receptionist fall asleep and we were locked out until 3 am in the morning. Very poor cleaness in the room/bathroom, heater not working and obsolete facilities.

Nearby the train station

Superb Location, cheap parking in front of the hotel

Shabby hotel and rooms, as if not refurbished for 20y or so. The poorest breakfast I've seen in my life, besides set up in a cellar

Superb Location, cheap parking in front of the hotel

Great value.

stayed for one night on the way back from 5 days skiing in Sauze. Very last minute booking, and was a bit concerned after reading some poor reviews. Was pleasantly surprised :) check was easy and welcoming, we checked in well before the stated time without question. We only had a twin, a double would have been nice, but the room was cheap, and available. Our main requirement had been 'close to bus stop for Turin', which it was. The room was clean, comfortable, and breakfast was nice, with fresh hot jam coissants.

High price for a below average accomodation

The room was old fashioned and not completely clean. Too high price for its value.

The hotel is located close to the train station (Porta Nuova) and you can find plenty of bars and restaurants - the area is not dangerous or dirty. The temperature in the room was warm enough in the winter and the bed was comfortable. Ideal for short stays - only a short walk from the centre

Great location and staff

Noisy at night due to apartment upstairs, furnitures being moved around till 1 am. The staff informed me the room didn't belong to the hotel (??) Poor breakfast, bread always hard and dry, little choices. Old building, old appliances at the bathroom, shower leaking.

Very nice, gentle and helpfull staff (even though most of the time non English speaking lady at the front desk). Great location: very close to train station (less than 5 min walk) Room and bathroom always spotless clean.

Would expect more return on the money

The breakfast was dissapointing and some of the items were even questuonable since they were staying in the room temperature without proper coolers e.g. the single packed butter I took for the bread was spoiled inside and had to take it back. Also the view from the room was not particular witch however is quite normal in the big Italian cities and their 3 stars hotels. I was also a little bit dissapointed that the hotel had charged me one of the three nights already advantage from my credit card even though my booking was not supposed to have any pre charges.

The location of the hotel was good next to Porta Nuova railwaystation and near the old town so it was easy to move around from there by foot. The room was big and quiet and the bed was very comfortable so it provided good night sleep.

Great location, convenient to Porta Nuova, convenient to the metro, shops, restaurants

The hotel itself could use a make over. That would be my only *complaint*

The location is perfectly located 3 minutes from Porta Nuova train station. If you arrive at Porta Susa train station, Porta Nuova metro stop is 2 stops away - 5 mins maxium between the two stops. The hotel is also convenient to via LaGrange and via Carlo Alberto which are two nice pedestrian streets for shopping and restaurants and just strolling. I travel alone most of the time, and as a single woman, I found this area safe even at night.

Basic and overpriced.

In need of an overhaul. Everything is basic, old and rundown, as distinct from old and romantic. It’s overpriced.

Convenient to the train and local metro station. It’s a fifteen to twenty minute walk to museums, churches and shopping. Places to eat nearby. Breakfast good. Staff are fine.

Position: it is close to the train station "Torino...

Room: in my case it was a bit small, furniture a bit ruined and old, the bathroom was a little bit 'spartan' (but working and, overall, well equipped). Breakfast: in a breakfast-room you have your self-service breakfast, through a drinks dispenser (maybe a high quality one) you get your cappuccino, coffee and juices. I'd have preferred a little bar instead. Croissants and cakes were not bad. As I said, despite some little problem, this accommodation has a good value for money.

Position: it is close to the train station "Torino Porta Nuova" and on foot you can reach all the main landmarks and museums in Turin. Staff: it was friendly enough. Despite some little problems (see "bads"), all in all, this accommodation has a good value for money.

The staff couldn't be more helpful.

The staff couldn't be more helpful. I was walking in the mountains before I stayed at the Hotel and travelled through Turin on my way. The staff agreed that I could leave my suitcase with them for a week and pick it up when I returned to the Hotel a week later. They did not charge for this. Altogether excellent service.

Will NEVER stay here again!!

I had to wait 10 minutes b fore anyone came to the tiny check in desk. The journey to the room gave the impression of a hostel rather than a hotel. The room was dirty with the wallpaper hanging off the wall. The headboard had just been dumped on the floor (which was dirty and had the plastic coming off it) and the bed just pushed against it to keep it upright.. The instructions for the safe were for a different safe type entirely but having given up with trying to get the receptionist to help me I managed to figure it out for myself. I am so disappointed with the hotel that I have cancelled a future booking there.. This 'Hotel' needs to come off your website as its a dump and doesn't resemble what I call a hotel at all.

The only thing good about this hotel is that it's very convenient from the railway station.

This hotel was a complete disaster and total rip-off.

First of all, the air-conditioner in our room worked very poorly and constantly dripped onto the carpet beneath it. We told the man at the desk the first morning and when we returned in the afternoon, he said it was fixed. Wrong!!! Nothing was different. Still dripping, etc. Also, the breakfasts were embarrassing, no food put out, just empy platers, no one working there who gave a damn either. Finally when we checked out, I had a question on the bill and the same guy again as with the air-conditioner got upset with my asking a qestion and literally told me to just leave the hotel. He even went so far as to make a remark in Italian and then asked me if I knew what he has just said. Obviously, it was not something professional or nice. The hotel was a complete disgrace, no guest should be treated in that manner. They have obviously not heard of "customer service". DO NOT STAY THERE, PLACE WAS A COMPLETE RIP-OFF!!!!!

Only good thing about the hotel was the location to train station

Welcoming and friendly hotel
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The neighborhood some streets further on is a little unpleasant.

Comfortabe Hotel. We stayed there for the second time and want to come again. It's quite and Cody.

Great for a one or two night stay!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room could be more air conditioned

Plenty Spacious for our family of 4 and the Hotel is in walking distance to train station. It worked out perfectly for us. And they were very accommodating for letting us leave our luggage there for a few hours.

Well recommended but note the temperature.

On 3rd floor. 1st night during a very hot period, 30° and higher during the day; the cooling 'machine' pushed out almost no cooled air, made noise and the result was that I did not sleep. The ground floor and (lower) dining room were at a very comfortable temperature. 2nd visit, one night. 2nd floor was better than the 3rd floor.

Position excellent for centre, metro, trains. Old fashioned building well presented to clients.

Turin short stat

Hotel required some refurbishment. I am not sure whether it's the hotel or not but 3 out of 4 of us have bites acquired over night

Location to the automobile museum

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Not worth it.

The hotel is very dated, the room was blazing hot with no proper A//C, and the hotel staff wouldn't give us an extra glass for water.

Location is the best feature.

Buyer beware!

The room had either not been used for some time or the cleaning is just very poor (layers of dust everywhere). Furnishings were very dated and couldn't shut cupboard door to mini bar fridge as it got very hot. Air conditioning worked for one day of three and was very noisy, the internet was very slow when it worked and we kept getting disconnected. Strong smell of dog urine in the corridor outside our room, which looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. We had breakfast on the first day and it (food and service) was so poor in quality that we did not use again - two wait staff eating breakfast and only stopped to greet guests and then returned to their table and ignored the buffet and guests. Was seated at a dirty dining table when clean tables were available. Reception staff (with exception of younger lady for one shift) were at best uninterested. Although the location is great for train travellers, the area is quite dodgy and the facilities are of such poor quality that we would highly recommend not staying. Thankfully we only used the room to sleep as we were out all day for each day of our stay...bed was comfortable.

The size of the room and bathroom were good. A younger lady at reception was pleasant and helpful, though she only worked one shift during our stay. Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Hotel Due Mondi had a very mice staff and the location it is...

The property it is likely nice a claen but in my opinion it need a little refurbish. So it will be more attractive. Also breakfast need to improve a bit but overall it is good to stay 😀

Hotel Due Mondi had a very mice staff and the location it is very good. Just 5 mins from the centre of Turin .

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Excellent Restaurant "attached" to hotel

The hotel is quite "shabby" and the standard of the breakfast is no-where near the same as the adjacent restaurant where I had dinner. The info in my room stated that room service was available for dinner at no additional cost, but I did not feel confident that it would be a good experience and the restaurant told me that they are only connected to the hotel by the "shared door" ! Apparently you can order breakfast in your room for a charge of 5euros.

I was given a large room on the 4th floor, with a balcony and double aspect views. Bed firm and comfortable. Large clean bathroom. Good value in comparison to other available accommodation. There is not a bar, but the restaurant attached to the hotel is very good indeed (both for food, ambience and decor) and you can take a drink from the restaurant to your room. Very easy walking distance to Porta Nuova train station.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Don't bother

The photos of the room on the booking site certainly were not the same as our room. The room reeked of cigarettes. It was very small The light didn't work. The bunk bed railing in the room, which were not in the room we selected, were repaired with packing tape.

It was close to Porta Nuova. The bed linen was clean & bed ok

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Loved Torino!

Beggars outside churches and people trying to sell stupid toys in the piazzas. Too many people smoke in italy - it smells like one big ashtray! We would eat mostly inside restaurants so we couldn't enjoy tge sites outside all the time we wanted to.

Location to piazzas and restaurants superb. We ate a great meal outside Restaurant di Savoia in the piazza which was wide and clean. Streets were very clean consideting everyone walked their dogs.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

A good value for money.

It could be a bit noisy in the night as the windows of the balcony could not be closed. There's no electric kettle in the room so it could be a problem if you want brew coffee or tea.

It's conveniently located in the heart of the city. Staffs were polite and helpful.

Lovely old style well located hotel in Turin

The rooms were a bit tiny including the bathroom

Nice boutique hotel which is very well located, less than 5 min walking distance from main train station, Torino Porta Nuova. Lovely old style decor and architecture.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Position convenient for me.

My room had been used by smokers and it was smelling. In fairness, I did not even ask to change it, but later at night I regretted that I did not even try to get another room. Breakfast not specially exciting.

Position convenient for me.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Close to station and ok for an overnight.

One room stunk of cigarette smoke. Decor is a bit tired.

The hotel is close to the Porta Nuova railway station and the car rental place. There is a lift and access is easy. Staff speak English and are helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Location useful

Very tired looking Wifi did not work Bed had cigarette burn on cover Cracked basin in room chipped mirror in room No toiletries on arrival Limited breakfast

Location useful

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

BED BUGS ALLERT

This hotel has BED BUGS and should close. I got bitten more than 30 times. I thought of an allergy but it has proven to be bed bugs bite. It's unacceptable and this should be taken care of. DISGUSTING!

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Clean comfy bed and room. Really close to.station.

Office efficiency or in efficiency.

I could not have tea in.room and needed to check out before breakfast.the reception in the morning had no record of me paying the night before.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in, in my entire life. I suggest you avoid it if you can.

Everything else. The room was really old, the furniture was outdated, and you can really sense that the hotel hasn't been updated in a while. The staff, one of them was nice, but the others appeared like they'd rather be somewhere else. Apparently understaffed, there was only person on duty, and acted like the receptionist/concierge/utility person/handyman, etc. When we had concerns, they kept answering that they couldn't do anything because they couldn't leave the front desk. The room was damp and humid. When we asked why the AC wasn't on, they said that it wasn't working. They suggested that we just opened the windows, and when we did, we were greeted by a very noisy family just across the window. We really wanted to change hotels when we arrived, but they said they'd still charge us even if wanted to leave. The food for breakfast was terrible. Coffee machine wasn't working, very little to choose from, and the bread that was served, had molds on it, and definitely not the good kind on cheese! I can send pictures if they deny this. I called the attention of the lady manning the kitchen, she just shook her head at me, and got new batch. Seriously, this has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, in my entire life.

The only plus for this hotel is that it is near the train station. That is it.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Convenient location to Station. Hotel in need of an upgrade, looks tired.

The lack of English at Reception, except for one female staff. Poor choice for breakfast. A middle aged employee who stood around the breakfast area, just looking, not able to assist when we requested a cup of tea, his excuse was he cannot understand English, was really quite rude.

The convenience of the Train. Across the road from the Station we found a very helpful chap in the Information Centre, such a relief to be given a map and some ideas.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Comfortable hotel and centrally located.

Comfortable hotel and centrally located. While the décor is a little dated the hotel was sufficient for a 3 day stay in Turin. Staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Good cellar restaurant

Beds were small

Good cellar restaurant

Very nice staff.

Wifi did not work in the room.

Very nice staff.

Staff very helpful

Wifi and ac undependable

Staff very helpful

Very nice.

Smell of tabaco on the room. I forgot to tell I'm not smoker.

Very convenient location for visiting the city with a lot of facilities in walking distance.

The aircon system.

The breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly.

Not good

Breakfast is quite poor. When I pay almost 500€ per 2 nights I expect top facilities and breakfast, not the case.

Very rude staff

Everything it was awful

Everything was disgusting. There were dirty, noisy awful neighborhood. The beds the pillows the breakfast all of them were awful

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

good and helpful staff,the location very good,near train station,

the light

Great position!

Great position!

Everything was good including b'fast and the room

Internet was a bit weak

Everything was good including b'fast and the room

Very nice room and friendly staff, approachable. Lovely breakfast.

Breakfast very good, a nice assortment. Bed very comfy, room spacious. Easy access to train station.

Staff

Staff

A very nice stay in the heart of Turin

Breakfast could have been a bit better

Great position, great value for money

Great value for money, helpful staff

Decor was funky. Location was excellent, less than 5 min walk to train station, close to lots of great shopping and restaurants.

Confortable

Free WiFi is slow.

Breakfast is fine.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Poor breakfast

Breakfast very poor

value for money

near the main train station

Excellent location.

Excellent location. Comfortable beds. Very clean

quick one night stopover.

Breakfast could have had more choice. Coffee only from machine. Mini bar in room poorly stocked.

Comfortable bed. Clean room. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Location near the station

Bedroom

Location near the station

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

A curio

Lighting dingy. Colour scheme weird.

Weird decor

Ok for a short stay, not the best value for the money.

The room was old and not very cozy. Wifi almost does not work at all.

Breakfast was good and the breakfast room also cozy. Employees were kind.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Friendly reception staff

Time of breakfast opening, not catering for early flights

Friendly reception staff

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Excellent location

Continental breakfast Location just around the corner from Porto nuova train station English spoken

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Handy but not luxurious

I think there may have been insects in the bed as I woke up with a line of swollen bites up my leg

Lovely staff, easy access and good value for money.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Slow wifi. It's ok for just one night

Wifi VERY SLOW

Posizione

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Perfect value for money, well located

Breakfast wasn't good

Very well located Friendly and helpful staff We got help to park easily

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Shabby

Very and run down and shabby

The location was fantastic

Wifi insufficiente

Wifi insufficiente

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

only for the location

uncomfortable room, wifi didnt work and the building is maintained poorly

nice staff and good location

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Pleasant

no shampoo, bed sheets didnt quite fit bed

location was good, internet worked well

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Turin time

Bed was more firm than what I prefer.

Staff was very helpful, location was central to the city and transportation, breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

La location comoda bella

La location comoda bella

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Comfortable and clean.

Breakfast is very minimal. Only had a cheese plate and two cold meat plates, bread and a few sweets. No fresh fruit. Could be improved with a few more plates of cheeses, cold meats and fresh fruit.

Comfortable and clean. Location is within walking distance of the city centre attractions. Parking right at the front door to the reception was very handy.

There are also 51 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Due Mondi traveller photo gallery