Reviews of Hotel Embassy 3 stars

Via Antonio Salandra 6, Via Veneto, 00187 Rome, Italy

#784 of 921 hotels in Rome

sorry but the pillows werent good need new ones having donas which looks to be standard practice everywhere can be difficult when you over heat, no sheet. no tea and coffee facility in rooms this would be a bonus for travellers. I would like some fruit at breakfast

continental breakfast nice, polite service accomodating the old lift is a gem close to transport short walk great location lots to see bed comfortable

The hotel wasn’t particularly clean. Rooms were quite dark and dingy. Breakfast was really disappointing, especially considering the high price of the hotel. Just cereal and some Baguette with jam/butter. I’m used to paying city tax when abroad in Europe, but despite all my booking confirmation clearly stating that city tax was included the front desk insisted that it hadn’t been paid and made me pay in cash.

The location was good, near the train station and a ten minute walk to main sites such as the pantheon and Trevi Fountain. Well connected to tube and bus stops for the Vatican etc.

The only negative to this hotel is that the doors (and maybe walls) to the rooms are quite thin so you can hear everything that’s going on. If you’re a heavy sleeper, it’s fine, but I was woken a couple of times by people outside our room.

The staff we’re really welcoming and friendly. They really made us feel comfortable and helped us to enjoy our experience. The location is perfect, not bang in the middle of busy streets, but not far away from lots of places. Just over a 5 minute walk from the metro (which is surprisingly easy to use), and about 15 minutes walk from the Trevi Fountains. Ideal for what we needed for our trip to Rome. The breakfasts were a useful and tasty bonus.

Breakfast was scarce, hotel need to offer slippers as the room floor is with tiles and coming out from bath is risky to be slipped, missing ironing in rooms and hairdryer is old

Location is perfect, staff knows English, reception works 24/7, rooms are clean and they do change towels every day

no carpets on the floor very small room poor diversity for breakfast (almost everywhere is like this, so it's ok)

staff very friendly, ready to help you good air conditioning system relative clean near to metro and several bus stations, very easy to move around, very close to central attractions caffes, mini markets and bistro really cloase

I know it's customary in Italy, but I wish they didn't have only sweet things for breakfast... (but those were yummy, my son really appreciated them)

Very good value for money, staff was really helpful. Location is great, public transport, small shop very close. Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps are within walking distance.

I stayed 3 nights in that hotel and not onc was my room cleaned in the morning when I was absent from my hotel room. I complained onceto the receptionnist who told me it was normal?? The second time, I ran into the cleaning lady who of course didn't speak English but asked whether I wanted it done now or later when she should have cleaned my room in the morning!! This is the first time this has happened to me in my 20 years of traveling. The service is terrible. I don't recommend it.

Location right in the center of Rome.

two twin beds were put together to get a king size. Bathroom was extremly small.

Close to Trevi Fountain. Bus stop to Vatican city is across the street

The room itself was a little dingy...and could do with being decorated

The hotel staff were very helpful, the rooms itself was clean, but very much in need of an update and it was a little small but the beds were very comfortable.......breakfast was basic but nice and the coffee was exceptional......overall enjoyable stay

Everything bad, bathroomdirty and old and damage in wall holes. Dirty carpet everywhere

All dirty and poor service bad breakfast only bread and water juice worst ever place

Horrible breakfast, only bread with butter and jam. Missing plates and cutlery. One baguette per day. No slice of cheese, ham, no vegetables, no fruits. Sometimes there was yoghurt. Coffee horrible. For this price I was very dissapointed. There is no point of taking breakfast in this hotel. There are plenty of nice places close to the hotel, where you can have a proper breakfast.

the location was very good

Noise travels pretty much through the walls and old doors, breakfast only with sweet options, better skip it and take a sandwich from downstairs cafeteria.

When we got into the room was pretty messy. They didn't clean it after the ones before us. We told them that our check in is at 12 PM and we got there 2 hours later and I don't think that they didn't have time to clean it when the check out is at 11 AM. They receptionist was not in the mood he barely said hello to us and when I went to complain about the room he offered us a separated bed when we paid for a double one. During the stay we couldn't sleep properly as on the street was noise during the night and we ended up on the same floor with some kids who were also noisy. Everything was old and uncomfortable. The windows didn't block the noise from the street. I wore in the white socks which got almost black by the end of the day because they didn't clean the floor surface. We discovered a lot of dust everywhere and for someone who is allergic (thank God it is not me nor my boyfriend) it is not a good place to stay (the fridge was full of dust just check it). Breakfast is everything about sweet treats not even a prosciutto. Just a lil bit of gem and bread and loads of croissants. I wanted to leave as fast as possible so that we didn't leave our checked in luggage at the reception and went straight to the airport. PS: the night receptionist was nice but he couldn't help us because they don't interfere with the other employees work and this means no teamwork.

The property had a good location and we could easily reach the city center

Our 2 full bed room was a little more cramped than expected, but all in all a good value for the cost in the area.

The hotel is very centrally located to most of the landmarks you will want to go visit. The area has several good restaurants and cafes all around it.

Bed mattress was hard and pillows too . The shower was very small . The Lift Was too small to get our suit case in .

Room was a good size and warm clean towels

Very old hotel, desperately needs renovation, room wasn't clean, probably 30 years old blankets on the bed, poor breakfast, * hotel not ***

a breakfast was not good - nothing for eating. We buy products for breakfast by self. And we pay additional price for room - tax of city or government - this information was not available on the site.

a location was good.

On my second night, a group of students were given all the rooms on the 4th floor where I was staying. They were extremely noisy from 11 pm until well past 1:00 a.m. I went to the front desk to complain, but there was no one there. Needless to say, I got no sleep that night and was very tired and frustrated the next day. The next morning, the gentleman on day duty, moved me right away to the first floor. I just wished they would have planned their occupancy better so that other paying guests like myself, were not caught amidst noisy occupants. I learned that it’s fairly common throughout the year for students from Spain, Italy, and other EU countries to come to Rome as part of large groups. The manager (I believe it was the mgr, beard/curly hair) was more accommodating and friendlier. The Peruvian lady in the breakfast room was friendly and hospitable. My few interactions with these two folks were most noteworthy in a good way.

Water pressure was good. Breakfast was adequate.

Very good location to bus stations and metro. Enabling to reach the almost any interesting place in a few minutes. Nice staff. Room very clean, every day. Room well equipped. Safe place. Bistros and restaurants around.

Wifi is only available at the common rooms (dinning room, halls and check in room)

The staff is great, they’re very nice. Also breakfast is very complete.

Room (318), it was near the kitchen and every morning from 06:00, we were hearing all kinds of noises making it impossible to sleep!

Location, only 10' walking from Trevi Fountain!

The bedrooms were well overdue for refurbishment (walls were grubby,net curtains were grey,fridge didn’t work) The radiator was old & not in use! The air con heating was inadequate! The overall feel of the room was antiquated & unwelcoming

The staff on reception were very helpful & the breakfast was very good! Bathrooms were decent with good towels & products

Room was freezing couldn’t get warm the sheets were very uncomfortable was not a double room 2 single beds pushed together and very uncomfortable. Room smelt horrible like sewage from the bathroom.

We needed a hotel near train station for 1 night lovation good for what we needed.

A hotel with an extremely bad buzz. I had to go out into the foyer and work there. In the room, the internet could not be used !! It was very cold in the room, the heater worked poorly.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The room didn't have any noise isolation so we could hear all the traffic outside throughout the night

Staff were friendly and helpful. Good value for money.

The hotel is very old and really not a good experience. Looks like the hotel is combined with normal flats and did not feel safe at all. The bathroom in a very poor condition.

Very Basic and not the best !

As far as Australian standards were concerned we were disappointed that there were no in room coffee & tea making facilities, for the last 2 nights we found that we could ask for it & as our room was next door to the breakfast room we could access cups etc.

The staff were very friendly & helpful with suggestions of tours for us & the best way to see as much as possible in our short stay. Breakfast was good [apart from the slow toaster]. Beds were very comfortable

After many negative reviews i read about the breakfast , that offered only sweets i expected they realise they could offer something like ham and cheese, which they didnt, and could raise their rate . The stairs between floors were always dirty, giving a bad impression for the interior. The rooms were very clean.

Τhe hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. It was very quite in the night, always hot water , and felt safe and relaxing.

The furniture and room needs renovations. The room is very tiny.

Location is great - it is easy to reach almost all famous tourist places. Staffs are very friendly and speak English. The breakfast is good enough.

Good location with super nice restaurants all arround hotel. Staff was amazing, friendy and helpful. Super good price, we paid 205€ 4 nights, breakfast included! Walking distance to main attractions about 20min, underground 10min. This hotel is good option if u like to visite Rome. In case u like to hang out in hotel all day long choose 4* one of course, this one is more for active tourists! Sleep, eat, shower and go to the streets of Rome:)!

Hotel is old, not very clean, breakfast is very pure, only sweets. Bad wall isolation.The bed covers were horrible. Wifi was very weak in the rooms. It seems like 1 star hotel.

Hotel has good location, near piazza republica, quite street ,near all attractions

Negative: bed and pillows aren't comfortable, the shower was very small, bad isolation from the street (a lot of noise all night) and poor breakfast (missing some basic things as cheese, ham and fruit).

Positive: good location, the room was big and everything was super clean.

Breakfast basic, but what you would expect from the price. Needed more pillows, bed not particularly comfy.

Location ideal for all the key sites in Rome, easy access to termini, and the metro. Excellent shower. Got what you paid for.

view from window poor . then i asked the desk man for another room he seemed a miserable unhelpful type ..i had to come back in 4 hours time . i was tired and wanted a shower. but didn't argue . the next room was noisy/ traffic.

breakfast good

- Low maintenance: the keys get stuck in the door and I need like several minutes to be able to open it. - The options in the breakfast buffet are mostly of sweet flavors (e.g. chocolate croissants or doughnuts). Salty options such as cheese or eggs are unavailable or very limited.

- Nice location and nice staff. - Clean and quiet room. - Good enough given its low price

pillows to soft (I have to admit I prefer a hard pillow)

Hotel is old but appeared well cared for & fitted in well with its surroundings. Wife was particularly taken with the huge wooden entrance doors

The standard of the room was ok, but not amazing. It's a great base if you only need somewhere to sleep, but you wouldn't want to spend all your time in the hotel.

The hotel is in a great location in Rome, not too far from all of the top sights and the staff were friendly.

We had several hassles with the air conditioning, resulting in having to move from two of our rooms. Given that it was over 100 degrees in Rome, having good A/C at night was important.

The location was great. The rooms were clean.

The breakfast wasn't great (didn't have a lot of choice) The old timey lift takes a bit of getting used to

The bed was extremely comfy Brilliant location Helpful staff Great hotel

At the end when I was checking out the clerk said I had to pay. That using my credit card to book online was only to reserve. I thought I already had been charged online. However, he insisted that I did it so I gave him my card. Every time he ran it through he said it didn't not charge. That it only would show the exchange rate of US dollars on the receipt that came out. It was at least 20 minutes of trying. This was at 6 am and I had an 8:40 am flight to Southern Italy and this had to resolved. So he decided just to take down my credit card number and match it to my Booking.com reservation and charge the credit card manually. I honestly hope that I am not being charged several times for this transaction and would appreciate Booking.com looking into the matter and getting back to me. Thanks.

The breakfast was very good.

Very cute elevator! Very very nice, kind and helpful gentleman at the front desk! I like its location, breakfast and the whole building style! Everything is PERFECT!

The receptionist are really helpfull . Breakfast was ok for this smal price.

Smal room but with tile on floor and safety box in room. The bathroom are realllllly smal.

The worst place I have tried The service is very bad The cleanliness is poor The smell of the rooms is unacceptable The breakfast is very bad and very poor The price of the hotel is very expensive and unsatisfactory There are insects in rooms Wi-Fi service does not work most of the time

I did not like anything at this hotel

The shower was very small. We stayed one night in a room with A/C that did not work well. The second and third nights were in a room with good A/C.

The cost was low. The staff were friendly.

Wi-Fi in our room could be better at times but always worked fine in the waiting room on the same floor.

Good location. Nice and helpful staff. Good air conditioning. Good breakfast on the sweet side. Cleaning every day. Safe box in the room.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The breakfast was a bit poor , the coffee and juice was not good at all. The water from the shower took ages to drain .

A special thanks to Walter who was kind to give us a room with balcony.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Room is ugly, with carpet on the floor. Bathroom also old and the toilet and shower was stucked with water all the time. A little bit of noise from the street, as there is a lot of traffic. The breakfast is not nice, they should put fruit and cheese and ham, or salami, they just give toast with marmelade or croissants. Not good. Cereals also very poor, nothing healthy. Juice is not natural, powders from the maschine...No internet in the room for the first two nights! Asked to change the room and everyday another excuse, they ignored my request saying later later...

The staff at the reception is lovely. They gave me lots of informations and made me feel welcome as I was travelling alone, and did not know much about the city and the area. They recommended me a lovely restaurant, with tipical italian food, not too expensive. The room is ugly, but the mattress of the bed is very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

The breakfasts are not the best. However, Pam local supermarket is nearby, as well as Pinsere and Punturi - great places ro eat.

Location is super convenient - Termini station is near, metro is near, tourist attractions are 10-20 minutes away (on foot).

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Very poor breakfast! Not so many options and only croissants?! These are for dessert, not a meal truthfully speaking. There were people coming with their own food to eat at the breakfast time and this says a lot. It was cold in the room.

Close to the Termini Station [it's a 6-minute walk from there].

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Wifi is really really bad when hotel is crowded. Beds could be more comfy. Really small shower. Cold floor. Room was a little too cold at night.

wifi was poor on weekend, but pretty good on other days. Little tip: signal is better in bathroom. Double bed was made from two separate mattresses, so it was not comfy enough. Location is ok, every major POI is reachable by walking. You must try the Pinsere's pizza, which is just a couple of minutes from hotel. Breakfast is pretty simple and mostly sweet. Cereal, yogurt, pies and creamy buns, three types of juice and coffee machine. Reception is friendly, they provide luggage storage after your checkout. Spacious closet.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Although a water boiler was promised there wasn't one in the room. The bathroom was relatively dirty and the toilet was difficult to handle - you could only flush once per 10 minutes.

The location was very good, staff were friendly and the value for money was great. The free wifi was also very good.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

The air-con wasn't working properly, was making too much noise and the room was always a bit cold. Very poor breakfast. Almost everything's sweet, classic Italian breakfast: croissants, bread and jams, yogurt, corn flakes and coffee. There was only cow milk so no dairy-free option. No fresh fruit either, of any kind.

The location is very good.

The room was very small and wifi signal was weak in the room. The breakfast was just sweat things not cheese, egg and fruits...

The location was good close to metro station. The staff were friendly...

Dirty, terrible reception area, one unfriendly receptionist. During 4 out of the 6 days there's was no table or seat for breakfast and had to take the breakfast to room by myself instead of standing waiting for free table, over crowded, nobody cleaned toilets for 4 days that the smell became unbearable, we booked a room and given different one than the photos on the booking app, we booked two weeks earlier and my aim was big space room with big window ! I don't recommend the hotel at all to anyone

Location, nice lady serving breakfast,

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Breakfast wasn't amazing, there wasn't a lot left by the time we went to breakfast around 9am each day. Would be nice to have a fruit option or something too. But for money paid, can't complain too much.

Clean, comfortable and good value for money!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

The hotel is centrally located (about 900m from Roma Termini and 600m from Barbenini Square) with most attractions like Colosseum, Trevi Fountain etc within walking distance. Clean but very limited facilities; breakfast had very tasty croissants, cakes, bread and coffee etc but no fruits/eggs etc. We had a family room with a balcony having a good street view, space wasn't much of an issue. However, bathroom was quite small. All in all, I think we could have found a better place with a bit more research - good for booking if you do not have any other options!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

for the money we paid Euro 122 for a night! This hotel's value for Rome is maximum Euro 40~50, it is claimed 3 star, I wonder how Italians awards to their hotels. You should see the lift and the bathroom!

Absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Breakfast was awful ! There was only bread and butter , no eggs, no cheese, no fruits, no olives, no tomatoes ect .. Horrible! And the coffee was instant coffee! In Italy!

I liked the location best

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

The hotel was a huge disappointment, I would never recommend this to anyone.The shower head was broken and the shower door literally fell off. We were offered a smaller room but there was no refund or discounted rate offered. Breakfast offered a good variety of pastries but if like anything else, then I would highly recommend you look elsewhere. Staff did not have good customer service values either.

The location was good - Easily walking distance to public transport and local cafes.

So closed to all places of interesting. by the way closed to the hotel the fantastic gellateria is and also there are some good home- cuisine restaurants

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

The Wifi connection was not very good. There were 2 or 3 nights when we didn't have warm water to the shower

The location of the hotel is very good...it's 5 minutes away from subway station by foot and not more than 20 minutes aways from Termini station

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

All a bit dated but this is reflected in price of room (you get what you pay for). Shower was awful, just fluctuated from very hot to very cold. Shower screen was cracked with a hole in which flooded the bathroom floor easily. Breakfast was basic and unappealing. Also, the layout of the breakfast room made it too crowded when lots of people were having breakfast at the same time.

Great location. Good value for money. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Bathroom was a bit small and only sweet breakfast

Great location of the hotel, walking distance to majority of main tourist attractions. Staff very friendly and helpful, great value for money

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

There were electric sockets hanging out of the walls - very dangerous with children around. No kettle to make a drink if we wanted one and they were reluctant to offer hot water. Also Breakfast was limited and there was not enough for all the guests, on one occasion they had to send out for extra croissants, Would also have liked to see more variety in the way of salami, ham or cheese as not everyone likes a sweet breakfast. Water in the shower kept running hot and cold again not good for children.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Family room for 4 not suitable or appropriate for a 3 star hotel. Beds too old, no window, shower whose water overflow, we found a used condom package under the bed.

1. Location 2. Staff assistance, specially the peruvian lady that kindly attends the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

It could be much better if they have laundry service.

The location was very much accessable on all tourist destination within rome and very near to termini bus stops are very near to the Hotel. The staff was very accomodating and helpfull in so many was.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

The air-condition is very noisy and a smell of humidity coming out of the bathroom

The staff is very helpful. They communicate very well in english, the breakfast is great to start your day

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

breakfast was not very good-would like better quality coffee and also fruit, fresher rolls water pressure/temp compensation not good no ambiance

Location was good

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

The water and yogurts could be served cold during the breakfast.

I like best the woman at work during the breakfast, she was very lovely and helpful. I like the location, very close to the metro stations and central train station. The cleanless of the room and bathroom was good. The breakfast was enough.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

The service of staffes is terribly bad, cannot be tolarated.

Nothing! The worst experience I have ever made! I just want to ask can I give it a minus point, 2.5 is too high an honor for this rubbish place!

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

The bed wasn't very comfortable but it was only for a few nights

Room was nice, good size, great bathroom. Good breakfast. Friendly staff and great location. Worth the money

Shower was really really small you couldn’t really move in it

Location was really good

Wifi did not work in the room Poor breakfast

Excellent location (very close to the Piazza Reppublica, the centre and the National Theatre)

No lift from street level entrance to reach front desk. Shower uncomfortably small. Same breakfast daily with no fruits.

Room was small and no view

Breakfast was decent