Reviews of Hotel Enza 2 stars

Via San Zanobi 45, 50129 Florence, Italy

#203 of 384 hotels in Florence

Very good hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

We have stayed four nights at Hotel Enza. The location of hotel is very good, near the hotel there are markets and bars. Its not far also from the center of Florence. The room was very clean! Air conditioned worked very well. The staff of hotel were there at every moment and ready to help us, thank you Hotel Enza.

Nice

No tea/coffee station in room or on property, double bed was two single beds pushed together, and they kept splitting during the night

Staff were lovely and helpful, cleaned the room each day to a high standard

good stay for few days to discover Florence
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

it is very pitty that the area around it is not the best area (but ok for a single lady to walk on the street around 11pm)

staff was very nice - I had a double bed room instead of the single room .so the double bed room was very nice. the furniture was beautiful . the hotel looks like Florence - so very "renaissance" with old but valuable furniture and it has the modern stuff (good wifi, good bathroom etc.) very good location (you are in the center)

Value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

There seems to be a problem with inventory management between booking.com and the hotel, so if you book the balcony room it might be best to confirm directly with the hotel as well. Although we booked the balcony room on booking.com, the hotel reception was surprised, had no record of this, and seemed not to be aware of the fact that this room has a separate listing on booking.com. However it all worked out in the end, and we were transferred to the balcony room when it became available on the second night.

This is a small family run budget hotel and staff are helpful and friendly; the room and bath were very clean and the bed was comfy . The Wifi worked, and there were enough plug points for chargers and the laptop. Excellent value for money. The balcony room is fantastic but there is only one. The location is good - just a few blocks from the Mercato Centrale, and an easy 10 minute walk from the Santa Maria Novella Stazione, with some nearby restaurants offering tasty tuscan fare at reasonable prices. We would stay there again.

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Questo è stato il peggior hotel in cui sia mai stato.

I asked for a quiet room and was given one between a busy street and the noisy reception area. The receptionist was rude and told me I'd have to put up with it. I had to sleep on the bathroom floor.

I liked nothing about this hotel.

Location is great, ten mins walk to the train station, two...

I don’t know it’s my problem or the towels were not clean enough, since they didn’t smell like super clean to me(or just because of the humid air? I’m not sure, but they looked very clean though)

Location is great, ten mins walk to the train station, two mins walk to the central market, 1 min walk to the supermarket, and 15 min walk to the Uffizi museum and other main sights. Quiet during the night, sound and safe. The staff were super nice to me. They helped me with several problems with super patience. I was touched and felt like family to them. Decorations are classic and old-style, the hotel itself is like a mini museum! Many choices for breakfast, costs 10 euro per person( actually a little expensive to me but it is really worth it)

Many other better place to go!
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

It was more like a "nun cell" than an hotel room. The advertise said that the toilet was outside the room but didn't say it was down a long corridor and stairs, not at all near the room. Also they advertise a shuttle for the airport when it is actually a taxi you pay 25 Euros....

that is what not expansive and well situated

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Hotel Enza.
    • Double or Twin Room

The WiFi in my room can be slow at times.

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Hotel Enza. The staff was super friendly to us and prepared a beautiful room. The hotel is centrally located. It is close to train station, great restaurants and all sorts of shops.

will come again.

I liked everything

I loved the location of the hotel. The facilities around. Wi-Fi was fast.aircon was workin.in excellent condition as its hot time may.

Very welcoming staff
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

The bathroom is at the other side of the hallway, you have to walk past the reception. There was no AC in the room, but the owners immediately provided a fan which worked well for this time of the year. The hair dryer in the bathroom didn't work properly. The mattress is quite soft.

The hosts are very welcoming and friendly. The room is quiet. There is plenty of closet space and the room is spacious.

The friendly helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

A few stairs in entrance.

The friendly helpful staff. Man at reception (who wears Batman pjs) was extra helpful with booking tours, finding us cutlery to take on tour, microwaving our take out food. The cleaner was sooo tidy! She made our mess super tidy each day. Close to market.

Highly recommended, staff makes every possible effort to make you comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is great. Very friendly and REALLY helpful personnel. We arrived too early and was offered to leave our bags, which were delivered to the room. Breakfast exceeded our expectations, it's better than in the picture. During the check out we left our bags for 7+ hours so that we could comfortably spend our last day in Firenze. If every hotel was as good.

Perfect place to stay while enjoying Florence, very centrally located and very quiet room.
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways. The room smelled clean and fresh though, so it didn't matter.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. I thought I'd booked a twin room, but apparently booked a double. They said they would change it the next day, but it was already changed for us the same evening. We could also leave our luggage for a few hours after we checked out, so we could do some more sightseeing before leaving Florence.

Delightful!
    • Double or Twin Room

Wonderful staff, perfect location, walking distance from train station, restaurants and all the attractions. Just off the beaten path and very quiet and cozy. I recommend this to anyone. A great value!

Great location, good staff, cold bathrooms
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

My first room was unbearable cold at night. Then the managers changed my room for another one with working A/C - it was okay. But the bathroom there was still freezing cold.

Pleasant managers, convinient location, 24h access

Value for money stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Distance between train station and hotel took a bit of a walk to reach.

The room is comfortable and within walking distance to most of the attractions in the city.

Just what we needed for an overnight stay in Florence.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were exceptional. They helped us book an early morning taxi for the airport and made sure it came. The location is excellent. The twin double room was clean and comfortable for two.

1. The location is good, not far from the center
    • Double or Twin Room

1. It was very cold at night, as you are asked to turn off the A/C at night 2. The room was small and pretty dark 3. You can hear everything happening in the corridor - loud talks, doors opening/closing etc.

1. The location is good, not far from the center 2. Breakfasts were really nice for such not high price (6 euro)

Welcoming staff, great room, great location for all the sites.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only drawback was there was no lift and many stairs to climb. Great for young people!

The staff were very helpful and the location was excellent. The room was big, clean, light and airy and an excellent price.

Great little hidden gem
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Some very minor things. Pillows were too small. Some noise From next room but wasn't the properties fault.

Perfect location, staff were awesome, clean and big room for Europe. I would stay here again

It is very basic but friendly, very clean, comfortable bed...

It is very basic but friendly, very clean, comfortable bed and in a good location for getting to everywhere on foot but slightly outside the tourist madness.

The staff was amazing at Hotel Enza.
    • Double or Twin Room

The window in our room faced another building so there wasn't any view.

The staff was amazing at Hotel Enza. They made us feel right at home with breakfast each morning. The cappuccinos were the best we had all trip!

Wonderfull
    • Double or Twin Room

Me and my daughter enjoined very much to stay at your hotel , The breakfast was delicious, the services were excellent more then expected we are very gratefully to all the stuff specially Claudio A person with big heart ❤️ so concerned we already miss you ... if I will visit again in Florence for sure We will stay in Hotel enza

Staff were very friendly!
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were very friendly! Location was good - close to the train station and an easy walk to the centre of town and other sights. There is a request to turn off air conditioning at night and when out of the room for energy efficiencies and to reduce noise to the neighbours - this wasn't an issue for us but may be for some travelers. Breakfast was not included in our rate. Wifi was included and worked well.

Good place to stay

Bathrooms could use soap dispensers instead of the tiny cake of soap. Breakfast selection was good. 5E cost not.

Location is good. .04 mile from train station. Twelve minute walk to the Duomo. Lots of restaurants in the area. The staff are great. Very friendly and hrlpful.

They made me feel at home the moment I arrived until I left.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

I found the lighting very dim but it may have been just a Florence thing or maybe to conserve energy or keep out bugs.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Claudio made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. Great value for the money. Close walk from the train station and all the major destinations.

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Enza.

The hotel is in a great location to walk to the Duomo area. It's near bus stops if you need to go somewhere further. and some great restaurants, too. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I recommend this hotel.

The staff was excellent and so friendly.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was excellent and so friendly. Especially the owner, Claud. (Spelling?) He was very involved and chatted with us everyday. They were so accommodating with our infant daughter and allowed us to leave our stroller downstairs instead of dragging up steep steps. We would definitely stay here again.

awful!!!!

The staff was rude. not welcoming at all. They insisted we leave the room key with them while we go out. They were not nice or helpful at all. They argue with clients and even told my friend that it is dangerous to have an iron in the room that's why they did not have irons. They would sometime turn off the internet and go into guests rooms even when told not to do so. i really don't know how they got qna 8.2 rating on booking.com!! i have booked several hotels through booking.com who were really very good and welcoming, but not Enza. my friend wanted to leave her bags in reception after check out and they charged Euro 3 per bag. I have never heard of such a thing before. I am hereby not recommeding Enza to anyone who want to visit Florence. I am sure there are better, much better than them around. If i had to give them a star, i would give them -1. The staff were that bad!!!!

Wish to stay there again
    • Double or Twin Room

There were charming furnitures with lovely details. Eric was polite and even promised to refund our wrong unrefundable reservation - this made Our Florence! Ooo, and supported our trust in Booking.com again!

Very friendly and comfortable place to start your Florence trip!
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom facilities were a little old... no problem for us but when you expect some luxery you might be a bit dissappointed.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms neat and clean. Perfect location for exploring the city, all the highlights are nearby though the hotel is situated in a quiet area. There was no problem in coming in late at night. The beds were very comfortable!

Nice and Friendly
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn't mind it that much but you do need to carry your bags to 1st floor because the reception and the rooms are located one level higher.

The staff were really friendly, location was perfect, walking distance to anywhere I wanted to go. After midnight the check desk closes but staff were happy to let me know alternative way to enter the hotel

Good location and modern bathrooms
    • Double or Twin Room

None of the TV channels were in English. Whilst room was cleaned every day on the day after we checked in the hotel must have emptied the bin in the bathroom and did not put the bin back and then day after they cleaned bathroom again but took the bathroom mat away and did not replace. The pillows were very flat.

Good location and modern bathrooms

A happy stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning was noisy.

The bedroom and bathroom were spacious and very clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were nice with a varied choice and lots of fruit. The staff were very kind and helpful. The property was in easy walking distance of the station about ten minutes, and about twenty minutes walk from the cathedral and town centre. The Palatzo Pitti is about fory minutes walk and Platzo Vecio about thirty minutes from the hotel through the pictureresque old streets with shops and cafes.

two weeks-stay in a good location
    • Double or Twin Room

It could have been perfect with a small fridge in the room.

The room was of a three stars-hotel, very clean and quiet, with air-conditioning which really matters during summer; the staff was very friendly and helpful with everything I needed; hotel located close to the touristic points of interest.

Great Hospitality ! Great People!
    • Double or Twin Room

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights ! You can go everywhere by foot ! The team of the hotel is amazing !! Great hospitality great people !! They helped us a lot about the city !! The hotel is always clean and the breakfast is good !! Maurizio , his father and their team are the best !!!

Low value for money, receptionist accused me of being a prostitute.
    • Double or Twin Room

My colleagues and I stayed here on a business trip. One evening returning late from dinner, my colleagues and I had picked up our keys in the reception and while we exited the reception, the receptionist called after us and told my two colleagues that they could not bring prostitutes to the room, implying that I was a prostitute. I was wearing nothing revealing and was extremely upset at this, without receiving any apology from the hotel. The air conditioner did not work very well. They only accepted cash payment in the reception.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

The staff were excellent 10/10 , very helpful & very...
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

The staff were excellent 10/10 , very helpful & very nice . Thankyou so much for having me stay at your hotel , Kind regards , from Michelle Alderuccio 😃& located in a great central location of Florence

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Charming and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Wi-fi was irregular. Definitely something they should improve upon.

Charming little hotel, family run. Our room was in the first floor, so it was very convenient. Room was ample, cozy, well-stocked. Very well located.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

A great facility with wonderful, helpful staff.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Everything was excellent. But be sure not to bring heavy suitcases as it is an old building in Florence and there are many stairs.

A great facility with wonderful, helpful staff. Feels somewhat like home with all the conveniences of a hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Hotel Enza is THE place to stay in Florence!
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Hmmm... Not that I didn't like it, but the private bathroom for this one room was external. All the other rooms have in-room bathrooms. Although I had never encountered this before, it really wasn't a big deal. You simply take a short walk down the hall to the private bathroom. You have the key on the same ring as your room key. You have sole access to the bathroom. So, REALLY not a problem.

WOW! How is this hotel only a 2 Star? The location is great! It was only a 10 minute walk (with suitcase and carry-on) from the train station. The directions were easy to follow and brought me right to the front door. It's only a 10-15 minute walk to practically everything you want to see in Florence. Well, there are a few that may be 20+ minutes. If that's the case, it's really easy to catch a cab or a bus right around the corner. The staff is AMAZING!!! Everyone is sooooooo friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were exceptionally clean. The bed was super comfy and I slept like a baby. What else can I say. If I ever make it back to Florence, I will DEFINATELY stay at Hotel Enza!!!

The check-in was easy and the proprietors clearly care...
    • Double or Twin Room

If returning to the hotel after midnight the procedure is slightly odd, but no big deal once the very nice proprietor explains it. The beds are not the most comfortable, but given that this is a solid, budget property they are clean and acceptable.

The check-in was easy and the proprietors clearly care deeply about the property. The hotel is a very short walk to the train station and David. Everything else is easy to reach on foot.

Great Hotel Clean and Convenient
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

TV could have more English speaking channels

FREE WIFI ! Free cable TV 10 min walk from SMN Station 5 min walk to Centro Mercato 10 min walk to Duomo 20 min walk to Basilica of Santa Croce 15 min walk to Ponte Vecchio Staff speaks English,French, and German ?

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

O

Nothing could have been better.

The entire staff were very friendly and committed to ensuring that all our needs were met. They helped with directions, transportation and anything and everything we needed. The breakfast offered was a reasonable price and delicious. Fresh fruit, pastries, meats, cheese, bread, etc. Were all delicious and fresh. We would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Clean hotel in excellent location to visit Florence.
    • Double or Twin Room

Pillows on bed. What would have made it really good, is if it had tea/coffee making facilities in room .

Friendly obliging staff. Excellent location, walked all around Florence from hotel. Clean.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Superb location and the BEST staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

The cleaning was absolutely outstanding and both staff and owners very polite and welcoming, will definitely recommend this propert to all of our friends!

This is the only place to stay in Florence!! Hotel staff treats you like family. A++I will be back

I loved everything about this hotel. The people were A++++. As a female traveling alone, in a foreign country, and not speaking the language, I was a bit apprehensive at first, but the staff and owner of the hotel treated me exceptional!! Breakfast was very good, the hotel security is top notch, and they were very helpful to me when my phone was destroyed and I had no way of contacting my family. They let me use the only computer for the hotel to check emails and communicate whenever I needed to do so. I will be returning and this is the only place I will stay! I left this hotel feeling like I had made many new friends in Florence. The coffee was amazing!!

Enjoyed our stay but the stairs were a challenge

The rooms are 2 flights of stairs up and there is no elevator. This can be a real challenge with luggage. The third person in our room got a pull out bed which was fairly basic and uncomfortable. The room was still worth it and I would definitely recommend this place still.

The inside of the building is renovated and the rooms looked brand new! It was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They even took up our luggage for us and printed things for us. The location is great, its about a 15-20 minute walk from the main attractions and 2 minutes from the Central Market. There's an amazing restaurant around the corner and a grocery store too!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Wonderful place to stay!!

You were made to feel like family by Claudio and his staff. The location was perfect, only 10 minute walk to il Duomo. Would definitely stay again!!

Nice accommodation within 10min walking distance to center
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was pretty cold however this was not the owners' fault as it got rather cool in the evenings. We asked for an additional blanket. The breakfast is served from 8:00 - it seems to be a bit late considering if you start your whole-day-sightseening early and you would like to have breakfast before 8:00. For example the Accademia Gallery opens at 8:15 and you are strongly advised to arrive pretty early so that not staying in a 4-hrs-long queue...

Not exactly in the city center but you can reach it within 10 minutes walk. There is a bus station very close, just over the corner. Staff is very kind, speaking good English. Our last breakfast was pre-paid however we needed to leave earlier on that morning, and they prepared us cold breakfast packages which was really nice. The breakfast room is not big but we were served with delicious meal with a good variety. Coffee was also perfect. Bathroom is good, equipped with everything which is needed for 2-3 days. Althogether satisfied with this accommodation, good value for price, recommended for everyone.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Staying in an old convent!

A bit tight for three adults!

It was a XIII century convert converted to hotel recently...Great location, close to everything in the center of Florence. Staff very, very nice people...family run!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Good location, comfy to stay, BUT bad breakfast!

The breakfast!! 6euro per person but the breakfast is real bad!!!!

Great location in the city center! You can walk directly from this hotel to the places you want to visit! No public transport needed!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Pleasant stay.

Good location, 10-minute walk from train station and 10-minute walk to main sights. Comfortable, quiet room. Safe location. Pleasant and helpful staff. Lots of choices at breakfast (6 euros extra) with different item featured each day (ham or waffles, for example).

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Great Location - Helpfull Staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was very chilly when we arrived, but an electrical heater is installed.

Everything went as smooth as one could imagine - staff had our room ready and spoke english sufficiently.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Florence Experience
    • Double or Twin Room

The Flat was really good and comfortable and very close to Florence station, Supermarkets, eatery centers are very near by. House landlords were very helpful and friendly. Definietly will recommend to stay at this place

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Beautiful, renovated hotel with amazing location!

There was minimal things that were not the properties fault. The streets had heavy construction. The room was small, but very cozy for a single or couple.

The food was amazing , the service was incredible and the location was perfect. Recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Loved it!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Would have liked a kettle in the room to make our own tea.

The staff were wonderful ,incredibly friendly and helpful. We experienced true Italy ..very close to town centre, and well priced. Will return very soon.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Florence in January
    • Double or Twin Room

The fruit was old - previously sliced and not sure how long it had been on display. Cakes/breakfast bread old. Meat ham and salami(?) sliced from previous day. Tea disgusting, coffee marginally better. For 6 Euros you would be better off going round the corner for a fresh sandwich and coffee. At this time of year it is cold in Florence but there was no heating in the breakfast room, apart from one occasion when Italians were having breakfast. With regard to rooms adequate, cold but lovely and clean. Radiator in bathroom not working but once reported fixed pronto.

A good display of items, cakes, cereals, cheese and fruit.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Wouldn't go back
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Other staff members were rude. I was told to be back before midnight- how is that acceptable for a hotel to tell me what time I need to be back?! Room was very cold. One of the stuff members wouldn't let my friend use a bathroom. In general the service was very poor. Some other members of staff were quite nice however. It's the night shift that caused most dissatisfaction for me.

Location is great. Some of the stuff members were great.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Good hotel for travelers.
    • Double or Twin Room

Can't think of anything bad. Everything was good.

Perfect location! This was my 3rd visit to Florence and I find this hotel best located compared to other placed I've chosen before. I like to do one-day trips to other places during my stay so it was very convenient to stay in a hotel which is not far from train station SMN. Historical center of Florence is not so big so everything is in walking distance from the hotel. - Nice and friendly staff. - Clean room. - Good value for money. Maybe because it was "low" season (I put it in brackets because the streets in November were still crowded with tourists - less than in June though).

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Nice, cozy hotel close to the Accademia and the Central Market
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Wifi was stable but really slow. Some members of the staff didn't speak much English (but they really tried their best to undertand and help us whenever possible)

Helpful, flexible staff and a pretty good localization for the price - close enough to the center to visit the whole city by foot and pretty quiet at night. The complete breakfast was also a bargain for that price. I would certainly stay here again on a next visit - overall, it was perfect for my stay!

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Nice cosy hotel

A noise from a heating system outside of the room disturbing frst night.This I was told was not the hotels. Later nights were peaceful.

Homely atmosphere and great welcome. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

only just passable
    • Double or Twin Room

blankets mattresses heating shower recess tiny and defective internal noise most of day stark lighting inadequate bedside lamp

staff did their best with poor available resources quiet at night quiet but ugly street

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Good Hotel and Friendly Staff!
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Bathroom not in the room! Bathroom outside the room! But they give me private bathroom outside. Everything else it was good!

I was stay there 3 nights, it was good, the location is very good, only 5 minutes by walk to go central, very convenient, many restaurant easy to find foods, and the staff they are very friendly and helpful, when you need something, just ask them, they will do with pleasure! The room also very clean!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

All went well was very cold wish you people could control the weather
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

My room was Private I am 5 feet 8 inches the roof of the toilet was 5 feet got multiple bumps on my head but am alive

I was without my wife all alone thats the best part no hassle

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Friendly staff, comfortable room, and an excellent breakfast.

Very friendly owners and staff. Nice sized room, comfortable bed, and an excellent breakfast with a large variety of food items, and coffee made for you just as you like it.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

A good hostel, but needs to get some hot water
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

I had only cold water for the shower for 4 days. Not very agreeable in October. FYI, if you book a single room with a separated bathroom, the bathroom is acually separated from the bedroom, aka you need to get out and reach for the bathroom. To me this was no problem as the bathroom was not far from the bedroom but it may be an issue for some.

The hostel is very well located (5-10min on foot from the center of the city). They give you free maps of the city at the reception. As far as I'm concerned, the room was silent and I had no noise problem.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

The owners son was absolutely amazing & his customer service was top notch!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The smell of cigarettes. However, we were in Italy and a lot of Italians smoke - we knew that about there culture before travelling to this country.

The bed was comfy & the linens were fresh and crisp. This place was exactly what we needed to get a good nights sleep before we headed for our long journey back to Canada.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Hotel Enza Rocks
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

The ONLY thing that wasn't great was the noise from the street. I had a street facing room that so I heard everything going on down below, but nothing a pair of ear plugs can't fix.

Hotel Enza has a great staff! Run by a family, they really take the time to insure your stay is pleasant. The hotel is super clean, well located and a great value. I felt very welcomed and comfortable during my stay.

Good price would be like 35 euro max for this room
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

I had a single room, with private bathroom outside. Well outside bathroom was quiet far from the room i must say. Notnext to it. Nowhere it is indicated.

Location is central

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

It's strange that you should leave your keys to the host...
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

It's strange that you should leave your keys to the host of the hotel when you go out and the light in the public toilette can just keep turning on for 5mins,so when you taking a shower,you have risk of being in the darkness,so annoying.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Cute little place walking distance from main Florence sites

The mattress caved in the middle from too much use. However, as soon as I told the staff, they did try to fix it with some extra support underneath, as I suppose getting a new one is not something you can do overnight. As with many old buildings in Europe, the walls are really thin: My room was right next to the reception and I could hear the comings and goings of guests, but I am a heavy sleeper, so it didn't bother me much. Do take it into account If you are a light sleeper

The staff were very nice and helpful and the room, although small, was sweetly decorated and very clean. The A/C (a must in Florence in the summer) worked properly. Nice crisp sheets and decent towels. I was always late for breakfast but there are plenty of nice little places in the neighborhood to enjoy a capuccino and panini. I especially recommend La Menagerie, a couple of blocks away.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Excellent Value!
    • Double or Twin Room

A friendly family business, that was quite helpful with anything that we needed [directions, suggestions, bookings]. Great breakfast for a reasonable price. Our room was clean and spacious with a private bathroom. When we are in Firenze, we will stay here again.

Fantastic place to stay ! Best breakfasts in Italy . Wonderful family hotel !!!!

Can't fault it !!

Hotel Enza is a fantastic place to stay because of so many different reasons . Firstly it's a great location close to everything , the hotel is run and owned by a wonderful family ! They make you feel like you are at home , they look after you and go beyond expectation always to help . They are so friendly and warm and entertaining and especially if you are a solo traveller you always feel safe . I booked three nights originally and stayed five in the end . The room was so clean , and bed was so comfortable , infact I have been travelling for a month and found this to be the most comfortable bed in all the hotels I have stayed and that was quite a lot ! Best sleep I had in a while ! Great air conditioning ! Amazing breakfasts !!! Claudio is an ex chef and restaurant owner so you can imagine the breakfasts ! The best in the whole of Italy . Bruschetta with mozzarella , rolls with all delicacies , cakes , croissants , biscuits , eggs hard boiled , omelette & fried , bread , cheeses , hams and prosciutto , four types of cereals and muesli , freshly sliced melons three types and pineapple plus many other fruits , yoghurt wonderful coffee , fresh juices and so much more . Better than the four stars I stayed in . You will hear lovely music in the morning and be entertained by Claudio , he is a laugh a minute , so funny and such a great guy ! If you feel like a snack or fruit or ham etc. or a drink like beer or soft drink they also have in the foyer a fridge to purchase it all . They will help you with tours and all your needs . I was so very impressed by my stay there ! I read the comments on trip advisor and booking.com mostly all positive the some that were negative I found were not true at all . Firstly there are only two sets of stairs and not too many . One to reception and the other to your room . My bags were carried up and down . For Italy and most of Europe this is nothing !! Most have four or more infact I stayed with one that had seven flights...

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Nice hotel

The mattress was too soft for me and the pillow was very low. Sometimes WiFi did not work well. Overall, everything was fine.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good air conditioning in the room. Pretty quiet place. Many shops and various restaurants nearby.

Browse Hotel Enza traveller photo gallery