Reviews of Euro House Rome Airport 3 stars

Via Remo La Valle 11, 00054 Fiumicino, Italy

#19 of 23 hotels in Fiumicino

Transfer service on time.

Region from the airport subject to opportunists to take advantage of tourists.

Hotel to guarantee flight timetable, beds and breakfast below average, reception services helpful. Neighboring restaurant for meal in advanced hours.

I think I could do better next time I have to stay overnight at Rome airport. Not Good.

The receptionist was very unhelpful.

The room was spacious but it was just a room. It was OK since I was just trying to catch a plane the next day but It would have been pretty bad if I had to stay any longer.

Transfer from airport was not provided, transfer to airport...

Transfer from airport was not provided, transfer to airport was done against money - 15 euro. Taxi to Fiumicino - 25 euro - finally the price of the hotel + transfer = 136 euro

A comfortable rest stop to break a long journey back from Europe to Australia

Good continental breakfast, hotel conveniently located in Fiumicino to various eateries, clean comfortable room, nice bathroom and pleasant, helpful staff

Very close to airport.

Kicked off WiFi every 10 minutes Pullout couch was not comfortable at all

Very close to airport. Staff very helpful Easy to set up ride to airport Huge bathroom

The staff were pleasant and the location was near the...

We were given a room at the top of the building. It was a large attic room with bad lighting and a low ceiling. We asked for extra bed side lights but they were not available.Also the air conditioning was leaking with a bowl underneath it to collect the water... if we had the air conditioning on there was a drip, drip noise which was not pleasant. The room was big but quite shabby.

The staff were pleasant and the location was near the airport.

Good for a short stay

the shower hose was too rigid so was a little uncomfortable to be used out of its holder. My room windows oversaw a terrace but I could'n access it. The "warm drinks dispenser" makes an awful coffee.

Good for singles, bathroom might be cramped for two. Comfy mattress and pillows (and good smell too). Good breakfast - but be warned to use the "coffee only" machine to have a good coffee. Very helfpul staff. A short walk from the seafront where there are good restaurants. A local bus makes a stop (from and to the airport) less than 100 meters from the hotel (the tickets are sold at the Terminal 1 bar - the bus driver was very helpful, too).

Very suitable for rest before departure, because very close...

Did not have time to notice the shortcomings.)

Very suitable for rest before departure, because very close to the airport . And also for traveling by car. The sea is near. 24-hour front desk. Parking. Very spacious and clean room.

Disappointing, and somewhat a ripoff (for the shuttle, room price was not a ripoff)

Airport shuttle was €15 per person, one way. (a 3km ride) Even more if you take the shuttle before 6:30 am My room was only €65, so I can't complain too much, but I couldn't stand up straight (I'm 6ft) in half the room, because the ceiling was slanted, ie it was an attic room

Arriving late this was a perfect start on our visit to Rome,...

Arriving late this was a perfect start on our visit to Rome, only few minutes from the airport. With late arrival, pre-book a shottle from the guest-house.

Very disappointing

Our bathroom shower leaked all over floor,no ventilation in room, tiny window 12 feet from floor, very flat pillows, was a step in bathroom that was easy to trip on. Our king bed was 2 twins pushed together with big crack down the middle, no wake up call as promised

5 minute car ride to airport, nice breakfast, cheap rate

Great location and staff

Room was too warm and we could not open doors to patio. We thought the airport shuttle would be free. The distance was five minutes away but the cost was 20 euro each way.

Excellent location near the airport. Good restaurant in a two-minute walk.

Both the bathroom and the bedroom were well pulited.

The prize was a bit high for the room I had and the place where the hotel is located. There is not a real good combination to go to the airport.

Both the bathroom and the bedroom were well pulited. Calmed area.

would not recommend due to the noise

It is DIRECTLY under the flight path and so if airplane noise bothers you, this isn't a good place. Also, breakfast not great.

location is not far from the airport and they arrange transportation, but it costs 15 euros

Very convenient and friendly staff.

Can’t really say there was anything we disliked it was absolutely what we expected in relation to it’s star rating.

We have stayed here before and found staff very helpful. The hotel was very conveniently located and saved us a 3 hour journey that evening to Scansano.

Nothing to do in the area if on foot.
    • Suite (3 Adults)

I didn't realize the hotel is located in a neighborhood. I would have preferred to stay on the airport property as we were leaving out the next morning. Cost an addl 20 € for a shuttle to the airport for us. I would have paid more for a better hotel on the property with a free shuttle

Excellent location close to the airport.

I can live with slightly damaged floors and walls (especially considering very attractive price) as long as the room is clean. However, clearly visible signs of mold on bathroom walls are not acceptable for me. I'd really recommend having some refreshing done otherwise I'd expect your score to go down in future.

Excellent location close to the airport.

Would not recommend this hotel

As stated above, we chose this hotel over others because it said it had airport shuttle service. It should be posted more clearly that they do not provide transportation from/to airport but for a fee you can take a public shuttle to airport. Additionally, their lift would get stuck requiring the use of stairs. Problematic for handicap people.

The room was very clean and the nightvstaff was very accommodating.

Cheap and cheerful

Outdated fitout. Power went out in the building twice in one night from midnight and generator kicked in and woke us up as it was very loud.

Clean apartment, spacious rooms and big bathroom, has onsite parking.

Affordable, comfortable and good hospitality.

I wasn't able to adjust AC with a remote control, I mean the room temperature was constant and ok, but it shall meet the customer needs.

I liked the staff hospitality.

Nice hotel, great staff, hard to get to if you don't have a car.

It's hard to reach if you don't have a car. The first time we reached the hotel by our rental car, and parking was great. The second night we stayed there, a week later, just before we flew back home, we needed a ride from the airport to the hotel. There was no shuttle from the airport, just a few miles away, and taxis are notorious in Italy. We wound up using Uber, and the driver was so mad that we were only going a few miles that he shouted at us the entire trip from the airport to the hotel. The driver had hoped that we would change our minds and want to go all the way to Rome???!!! Doesn't the Uber system make it clear where the client wants to go? Seriously, the transportation issue was the only problem. We paid 15 euros the next morning to get from the hotel to the airport again, which is OK, but not optimal.

Staff were so helpful! We were allowed to keep our luggage in the hotel for a week while we made another trip, and they even found the face cream that I had left in the bathroom, and returned it to me when we came back a week later for our second stay. Very nice people. The rooms and beds were comfortable. Bathrooms are nice. For our first stay, we had a nice balcony, which had it been warmer would have been nice, but was attractive in any event.

Nice room, the rest was not impressive.

Staff wasn't especially friendly. Elevator was weird, but I was glad they had one. Not many food options nearby (expensive dinner available at nearby hotel or pizza to go). Breakfast was not awesome at all, but better than none... Also, I thought airport shuttle was included for some reason - definitely not. expensive for short trip.

Nice modern style. Very clean.

When the a/c heater was on, it smelled like cigarette...

When the a/c heater was on, it smelled like cigarette smoke. We were in a non smoking room. The shower stall had mold in the cracks, and poor water pressure.

It was convenient but not comfortable.
    • Suite (3 Adults)

It was freezing cold and sterile. The tile floors make for an icy cold place. The shower was very hard to regulate. I had forgotten that Euro House Hotels are bare bones. I should have stayed at the Hilton for just a bit more.

The staff were very nice an the parking was a breeze. The breakfast was good too.

Great place for a overnight stay, to get ready for a flight next day!

Breakfast was nothing to write home about, pretty dull.

Big room, clean & nice bathroom, easy parking, convenient location to the Fiumicino airport (10 min by car) - everything one needs in order to rest and get ready for a flight in the following day! We´ve just stayed overnight, but when we were leaving next morning I saw several nice private houses around the neighborhood, it seems to me that it might be a interesting base place for exploring the coast (sea) area around...

Very good
    • Quadruple Room

Hairdryer / could have a proper hairdryer in the room and not the one on the walk in the bathroom which was not great at all

Excellent check in and great room and breakfast for the cost as we were in a quadruple room as 4 adult family members in my group

Close to the airport, clean and convenient.

The shuttle to the airport was VERY expensive. It's a 5 minute drive and it costed €20.

The wifi worked well, the shower was hot and everything was very clean. Exactly what I wanted!

We stayed at this hotel for the location to the airport and...

We stayed at this hotel for the location to the airport and the price. I was happily supposed but the room sizes and comfort. I would highly recommend a stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Very nice hotel close to the airport.
    • Quadruple Room

It was a little bit expensive for our budget but it was nice.

The room was beautiful, the shower was nice and roomy, the breakfast was nice.there is a nice Japanese restaurant that has good sushi really close by.

Fair

just the lights next to the bed where not working, after that all good.

I left early to catch a Plane, so I don't know about breakfast. Regarding WiFi, I use my phone, I didn't needed. Transport to airport organise by hotel, good and punctual. Room was good and clean.

Friendly, helpful and English speaking staff.

Had to put luggage in the elevator and then walk up the stairs and send for the elevator to the upper level. They did not want people in the elevator, just luggage.

Friendly, helpful and English speaking staff. Included Breakfast buffet was good with a wide variety of items to choose from and a sufficient number of tables. The room was the best price we found in close proximity of the Rome airport.

Adequate.

They charged us the same amount for a ride to the airport as the other taxi services. I feel that if we pay for a room it would be nice to have at least a slightly cheaper shuttle service. The description said it was very close to the airport but it actually was not as close as we thought from the description, this was disappointing as we specifically chose it for the stated distance. The shower water vacillated between freezing and scalding without you moving the handle which made for an unpleasant experience.

Breakfast was included.

There are better places close to Rome airport

Hotel was selected based on the advertised airport shuttle. This actually does not operate in the afternoon or evening, only on a scheduled basis in the morning, and doesn't do airport pickups at any time. If we'd known that, we'd have gone elsewhere.

Good Chinese restaurant very close by

The room was comfortable and quiet.

The room was comfortable and quiet. Staff very friendly and helpful. Close to good restaurants. Dining room clean and bright. Five minutes from airport. Very convenient.

Great location near airport.

Showing a bit of wear but still clean.

Hotel staff very friendly. Breakfast buffet is better than most. Location is near airport. Has shuttle van to airport.

Very pleasant place to stay

Not many restaurants nearby.

Great location near the airport on a pretty back street. Luxurious bathroom, including a deep sink basin and clothesline in case you need to wash out a few things. Comfortable bed. Inexpensive shuttle to airport. Television with channels in Italian, French, German, and English. Helpful staff.

Very good value for a money. Specially if in transit.

Shuttle could be cheaper as 15euro per person on such a short distance is bit too much if this bus can take probably around 8people...

I was in transit in Rome so was looking for something close to the airport. I like that hotel offered shuttle - extra charged - but didn't have to worry about taxi etc. Wifi is very good. Reception (night shift) super polite, helpful and friendly. Free bottle of water in the fridge saved my life when I arrived at night.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The staff were very helpful.

While close to the airport still a 20 euro taxi trip and a walk and hour bus trip to Rome city.

The staff were very helpful. Room clean. I only really stayed as a stopover and didn't get a chance to have breakfast as I had an early flight

Good hotel near airport.

This hotel is conveniently located near the Fiumicino Airport. If you have a car to return in the morning before your flight it was a short drive and we did not have to deal with commute traffic. They have an early breakfast which was a nice feature as we had to leave by 7am.

Great Place to Stay

Don't change a thing!

A very refreshing place to stay in the heart of a very busy location. Clean, friendly and a great breakfast served by a very happy hostess who made you feel very welcome.

NOT close to the airport
    • Suite (3 Adults)

It is not easy to get to. It's an hour and a half to 2 hours to town in the bus. It's 30€ minimum to the airport where you could get a faster train but the shuttle was late too. Stay in town or at the Hilton right at the airport. Also, the beds are quite hard.

Clean room- no shuttle service

Description on booking.com said a shuttle service from the airport to hotel was available, which was a primary reason why I chose the hotel. however, when I called the hotel to request a shuttle, they said that service was not available and to take a taxi. This cost much more. A/c did not work immediately.

All staff member were very friendly and helpful.

Only one available outlet outside the bathroom, lighting was minimal in one room, and the other had large windows making it impossible to darken completely. Air conditioner in one room worked intermittently and shower in the other did not drain requiring it to be only run for a minute at a time.

All staff member were very friendly and helpful. Overall a sufficient place to stay for a night near the airport.

Location and friendly staff

Room was a little run down with peeling wall paper. No coffee making facility in room. TV only had 2 chanels. Ventilation in bathroom could be better.

Location and friendly staff

Average at best

The manager was not interested in helping us with anything at all once we checked in. There were no cups in the room and when asked he said he would bring some and never did. We asked for ice....none. We asked for restaurant recommendations...he had none.

The hotel was close to the airport which is what we needed. Large room and nice bathroom.

Proximity to airport great!

Our AC didn't work properly at first but as it turned out it was due to a faulty room card. When the desk brought up a replacement it was great.

The proximity to the airport was perfect. The shuttle to the airport was late so they refunded our money and called us a taxi which was the same price. If you plan to use the shuttle plan to take an earlier one than you think. The family owned restaurant right next door was excellent- good food good service good price - De La Ville.

Great location!

Not much around so pick of restaurants limited...btw do not go to Pizzeria de la Ville!

Location was great as we had a flight next day. Great breakfast but Italian style of course. Helpful staff! We dropped off our rental the night before and they had a driver bring us back to the hotel for a reasonable amount. Booked their shuttle service for next morning. Easier send off to the airport.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

One of the staff was very careless in not telling me a...

One of the staff was very careless in not telling me a couple of things like the number to call reception and it wasn't written anywhere in the room and how to work lights in the room. It wasn't just a matter of a switch. Even the elevator obviously not accustomed to the weight of just one person I had to bang my feet to make it move or buzz the help button!! But worse when I arrived while getting on the elevator with my rollabout she didn't tell me about a big uneven bump so I tore a muscle in my right shoulder!! Terrible impediment for the rest of the trip dragging my bag through the airport etc.

Decent for an overnight stay.

I prefer to have a room with a window that I can see out of. Our particular room (108) had a window that was so high up we couldn't reach it. The planes fly directly overhead, which is understandable given the location, but combined with the open window means that an early night is somewhat disturbed. The restaurants in the neighbourhood aren't great. The lift is a bit precarious; we decided to always take the stairs after getting stuck in it (and no, we aren't overweight!)

The property is very close to Fiumicino airport, though this advantage is eroded by the fact that the taxi/shuttle charges a fixed rate. Common areas are very clean; the staff are helpful and accommodating; the breakfast includes cereal and cold meats/eggs/yoghurt as well as croissants and brioches.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

just stayed for 1 night, before flight back home

we have just stayed for 1 night, before flight back home, due to close location to Fiumicino airport and very early flight. The rooms are big enough, hotel is clean, but access to the hotel is only by taxi when you travel from Rome by train. Too early for breakfest, so I cannot score :)

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

The shower it was either extremely hot or ice cold. No English stations on the tv. I booked a day to long on my stay. I immediately messaged the hotel to let them know I made a mistake. I did not want to cancel my reservation only delete one day from my stay so 2 day instead of 3 but they informed me that they would be charging me for the all 3 of the days.

The location.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Convenience to airport at a great price

We needed a clean hotel, with parking, a few minutes from Fumincino Airport - and this hotel met our needs perfectly -- with an excellent breakfast buffet and amazingly low price. A few restaurants were within a one-block walk, so we had an easy time getting dinner. The room was ample - more like a suite than an ordinary hotel room. All very comfortable. Plenty of electrical outlets for charging our phones etc overnight. WiFi worked reasonably well. If you have a morning flight and are looking for convenience and value - especially if you need to return a rental car - this is the IDEAL place. If your flight is arriving late, and you want a place to catch some sleep before starting your Italian vacation, then this hotel is also a fine option. HOWEVER: If your flight isn't leaving till later in the day, then this is probably not where you want to spend your last evening or morning in Italy/Rome. The Fumincino area is not really a charming place. If you are not planning on using the airport, this location has nothing to offer.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Value over comfort

The walk from the bus stop involves a busy street with no sidewalk. We also had the privilege of walking in the rain. The bed was horribly uncomfortable, the worst one we tried to sleep in during our 17 day vacation. The cover also looked dirty. The room was extremely hot and we couldn't figure out how to change it or call the front desk, so we opened the one window we could. Needless to say we did not sleep that night.

The croissants at breakfast were delicious. The distance from the airport was very convienent. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel was good and the driver very helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Not bad!
    • Quadruple Room

Nothing exceptionally bad. However, there was no kettle in the room.

The bed was really big, and we slept comfortably. The curtains are also very thick and were as good as blinds! Moreover, we checked in past midnight, and finding hotels/apartments that allow this is VERY difficult! So props to them!

Conveniently located airport hotel.

hot water controlled by running the water from the bidet - no instructions in the room to indicate that is the case. Rooms could benefit from rugs/carpet as the tiled floor was extremely cold.

large rooms,good breakfast. Convenient location to airport.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Practical, but poor staff service to sort out ac

The air conditioning didn't work and when I went to desk no one was there to fix , meaning we had a hot and stuffy night in our room, the windows were even locked !

Comfortable and practical

Cleanliness is ok and as expected

Room is to too small, cramped and not as advertised in the net. reception Staff are not as friendly as supposed to be, blaming their attitude to their overly rigid Boss as they claim. Check-out time is strictly at 10:30 am which is very strange and leaves wandering around if you have an afternoon flight. TV set is old one with malfunctioning remote control. lift is used for luggage only and if you have just one bag; you have to carry it along the stairs.

Cleanliness is ok and as expected

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Convenient to the airport and you could walk to some...

There was a very annoying mosquito that had gotten in my room. In addition, the shuttle to the airport was 15 euro and not 10 euro. This wasn't clear from the sign at checking. Thankfully the driver was very nice about the fact that I had only saved 14 euro for my return trip to the airport.

Convenient to the airport and you could walk to some restaurants and the beach.

Not good value at all. Skip this one

Although less than 1 mile away from the airport this could not we walked due to the fact that it was on a highway therefore the charge is €30 for two people one way which is ridiculous. The hotel was clean however the queen size bed, extra large bed is actually two single mattresses pushed together. Very disappointed with this is due to the fact that I have paid extra doesn't do much for the love life. Overall this hotel is expensive and definitely not worth the money.

The hotel staff for friendly, the breakfast was brilliant with plenty to choose from and the bathroom was very nice.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Taxi Mafia

The Roma taxi mafia ride Cost as much that the hotel so then better pay a hotel at the airport and save time we arrived 23,30 and had to leave 6,30 to go to next flight . Room was very cold had to sleep with clothes because the air condition made noice like a jetliner, But nice staff and a bar that open 5 next door for breakfast ,, But better if you have a flight next morning to stay at airport hotel for the insane taxi prices

Very nice staff

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Great little hotel near hotel

Hot water not working for shower but rectified by hotel quickly gave us use of the adjacent room. Unfortunately missed breakfast due to this also.

Rome size and facilities in the room

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Close to Fiumicino airport, breakfast and wi-fi included. Also shuttle to airport.

The hotel is close to Fiumicino airport which takes about 10min by car. Booked a single room and the facilities included were sufficient. Wi-fi was included. Large buffet for breakfast and of course the transport to airport.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Awesome breakfast!

The elevator didn't work very well. There was not much hot water for a shower. The price for the shuttle service to the hotel should be provided on reservation websites for accurate cost comparisons between airport area hotels.

Awesome breakfast! Good location near restaurants and a supermarket.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

We had a large, comfortable room, at a reasonable rate.

There is no shuttle from FCO instead a type of transit bus...somewhat confusing. From the hotel there is a shuttle which runs very early but charges extra for that. We thought both were a bit pricey. While breakfast was included in our rate, we left too early to take advantage of it. We had to go to the bar on the corner to get coffee and a cornetto.

We had a large, comfortable room, at a reasonable rate.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

It is very close to the airport.

Close to the airport but difficult to get to without using a taxi. It is less than a mile from the place but will take cost you between 15 - 20 euros each way.

It is very close to the airport. However, inaccessible by walking or public transportation like a bus.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Location is not so good for using airport

The location is actually so-not-so good for those who are using Fiumucino airport. The taxi costs 20 to 30 euros (typically 30 euros when you approach taxi mafia of the airport), which is quite ridiculous for less than 10 minute ride from hotel to airport

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Very nice clean room.

The hotel does not provide the bus shuttle from the Fiumicino airport to the hotel (as other hotels), so consider that you need to take the taxi (It costs around 25€). There is no problem to travel from hotel to the airport with their bus shuttle around 15€. I think that an hotel that serves clients to and from an airport is an essentially service.

Very nice clean room.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Comfortable stay!

Not much, the weather was so lovely, it would've been nice to have seats to sit on the balcony. Breakfast provided was not so good. Scrambled eggs were not replaced and boiled eggs were very cold, like they were refrigeratored overnight. All other selections cereals, cake, fruit, coffee were very good.

Clean modern bathroom and bedroom. Crisp white sheets and comfortable bed. Elevator was great with suitcases. A good place to stay for an early morning flight or late arrival (either or). €15 airport transfer from hotel. A few places to eat within walking distance (pizza place around the corner was amazing - local and coffee shop down the road had great coffee, sandwiches and pastries. A few bars and supermarket also within walking distance. Hardly any aircraft noise which was great! All staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

No connection between pictures and reality

There was no connection between the pictures of the room i ordered and the reality. It was a hot day but they said it's winter now (october) so the aircondition does'nt work and i had to sleep with open window, the noise and mosquitos.

Shower

good stay for a/port transfer

This place was great - to have a shuttle bus available at only 15 euros for two persons allowed us to relax Staff were friendly and very helpful - the b/fast was exceptional

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

the breakfast was good, fresh croissants were very good

the lights went out during night and the emergency lights came on and off from 4 am on and then when trying to get ready no lights worked

the breakfast was good, fresh croissants were very good

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Worst stay

Near the airport but no transportation. I had to take taxi with fixed price (50EUR only for 5 min drive!). Noisy toilet, poor electrical power (I had to pack my luggage in the darkness!).

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

With pleasure I stay again in Euro House next time! Good place!

The elevator could be more modern. the system is problematic if you tray a big baggage. The odor at moquet in a way to room, it's a little odor to humidity. the shower arm is fail, room 109).

Very nice rooms, it´s always clean. breakfast very good. good products.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

It is a pleasant hotel. I definitely would like to return, clean, friendly staff, good breakfast.

It would have been better with at least some verbal instructions. At breakfast, on the coffee machine though I was embarrassed as my latte ended up overflowing because the cup was smaller than the automatic flow. The cups kept by the machine could only take the flow of single shots. I later found out that there were bigger cups at some tables, I asked staff if I could fetch a bigger cup from another set table, they were ok. It could also be better if they could have tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms.

At the reception members of staff were polite and professional, excellent customer service. Quiet and peaceful place to stay and very close to Fiumicino International airport. Rooms and hallways were clean. Very good buffet breakfast, Staff at breakfast were polite, friendly and helpful with positive attitude beyond my expectation

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The hotel was convenient to the airport (a 25 euro cab ride...

I wouldn't say the hotel is charming, but Julia, who was manning the desk was extremely helpful. Our room was across in the street on the second floor, which was accessed by an tiny elevator and enclosed by large gates. No one explained to us how would would be able to exit the gates to get over to the breakfast room. Breakfast was fine...nothing remarkable, but more than adequate.

The hotel was convenient to the airport (a 25 euro cab ride to and a 15 euro shuttle ride back to the airport in the morning), and we had an early get-away the next morning. The room was large. Bed comfortable. This is not a high-end or flashy hotel, but we were able to grab a savory meal of home-made pasta at the restaurant next door. Staff was very helpful.

Browse Euro House Rome Airport traveller photo gallery