Reviews of Hotel Everest Inn Rome 2 stars

Via Nazionale 243, Central Station, 00184 Rome, Italy

#532 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Economy Double Room

Fabulous old building, great position for sightseeing and plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. Close to the Termini, easy walking distance . Staff were very helpful. Perfect

I like this hotel very much! First is of all is super location, you can go to most of historical places by foot and all transport is near:metro, bus, termini station. Good breakfast includes coffee, juice, croissants, cereals, yogurts, sausages, cheese etc. Room was clean. All staff were very friendly and helpful, recommended places to visit and how to get there, gave advices for a tourist. They always meet you with smile! It was very nice to meet Russian Elena and Nina. And special special thanks to Ivan! Practically Ivan was every day on reception, so hospitable and openminded person, he helped to solve all problems. I really enjoyed my trip and staying in this comfortable family hotel! Next my staying in Rome will be in this hotel:) I recommend Everest Inn, perfect ratio of price-quality!

It was a little difficult to find the hotel in the middle of the night, though we managed. The room could have used extra soundproofing, as we could hear everything that was going on in the hall, though our room faced the inner yard, so we didn't hear the traffic, at least. The last two nights were the worst, as the room next door was occupied and the head of our bed was right across the wall from the bathroom.

The breakfast was rather good with yogurt, pastries, and cheese. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is very nicely situated close to the Termini station and the city center. We traveled everywhere on foot, except for the Vatican City.

Limited breakfast options. The space provided for breakfast was also very small. Hot water was so abundant, it was hard to take a shower without fear of scalding yourself. Elevator from the ground floor was so small, it can only accommodate about two people and one luggage at a time.

The staff who can speak Filipino was very accommodating and friendly.

We booked family room, but it was more like simple double room. And I asked for the bath as we had a baby, but unfortunately just shower.

It’s perfect location! So many things to see just with 15 min walk! Very friendly staff. Good breakfast!

• Economy Double Room

It is a great value for money. The hotel is very cozy, every day the rooms were cleaned and it's very comfortable hotel. It's located near all main tourist attractions at Rome and near Termini station that is a big adventage. I recommend!

• Economy Double Room

The receptionist Ivan was very kind and friendly, always tried to accommodate his guests in the highest level. And also, I would like to thanks the hostess Christina, who was easily spoke three languages, including Italian, English and Russian. It was a great pleasure to meet her, she was always there to give us all the information that we needed.

Staff don’t speak English and don’t care about the guests. I understand it’s 2-star hotel, but I still expected some reasonable service to be provided

The hotel is relatively cheap and centrally located.

WiFi Sound insulation

The hotel was perfect, within a walking distance to all famous sightseeings. The cleaning service was very good and every day was like the first day in our room! The stuff at the reception was helpful and kind!!! Wonderful experience

The breakfast namely the bread and the lack of fruit. Nevertheless the cappuccino was great

The bedroom for a 2 star hotel was very nice, large and clean.

• Economy Double Room

More cordial and accommodating staff.

The room was very nice and very centrally located which is what we were looking for. The breakfast was minimal compared to other places we stayed -- single packs of yogurt, coffee machine, crank out dry cereal and fresh fruit, not much else. Our negative was with the staff who made us feel like intruders. We were told that we were in a room too big for the price we paid through Booking.com but it was all they had when we reserved, they charged us double the second night, agreed to move us to a smaller room for a 3rd night, then told us in the morning they had given the room to someone else. We quickly packed and left Rome on the next train. Not the best experience we've had in a 3-week journey.

For a family friendly hotel, the staff at breakfast asked us to keep our 4 year old children quite, which i found super strange

Location was good, value for money , nice & clean, big room for a family of 4

• Economy Double Room

Extremely thin walls, noisy air-con, lots of irritating noises (strange, miniature buzzing fan hidden in the wall - seriously!) Apathetic staff. Really outstanding moment: when I complained about noise, the manager gave me sellotape to cover and seal the mentioned wall "anti-insect ventillation" (!) Ah, and wifi is not working in some rooms.

Breakfast a little poor...not a lot of choice but ok. Would have loved a kettle in the room as coffee/tea machine was switched off after breakfast.

Great location, easy to find and such a short walk from the termini

One of our rooms had the problem of showering.

Very helpful staff. My mum lost her passport on the airplane but we only found out when we checked in. The man in the reception helped us call the airport and found the passport back. We really appreciated. Btw, the location of the hotel is fantastic and easy to go anywhere in walking distance.

Awful 3td floor location in a horrible lift. We booked for 2 adults and 2 kids. We're given a triple room and not moved to correct room to next day. Staff are not very polite, breakfast is useless. They don't clean your room on time. Avoid!!!!!

The rooms were OK.

we had booked 4 rooms: 3*4beds and 1*3beds; but ended up with 2*4beds, 1single, 1*3 beds plus 1*3 beds in another "hotel" in the same courtyard. Breakfast was poor and in squashed surroundings with insufficient seating

our flight was delayed by 2hours but they were notified and were very accomodating as our arrival was not until 12.30am

• Economy Double Room

The elevator is very slow and small. The shower wasnt clean and also the blanket. The minibar does not work well. I had asked for a quiet room but unfortunately received a room with a lot of noise.

The breakfast was good but you dont have much choise. The airconditioning works perfect and the hotel is 7 minutes from the trainstaion.

• Quadruple Room

The hotel sign was a bit too small and the property is inside a building where you have to ring a bell for them to open the gate door for you.

Room is clean and comfy. Location is good if you are travelling to and from roma termini.

• Economy Double Room

no water pressure in the shower, just possible to take a cold shower or to burn the skyn. the room was so small it was hard to move inside the told us breakfast is at 7.30 but it was always later and the staff took breakfast before the guest had the Chance

really good Location, just 8 min walk to treviplace, it was clean

there was no water in the room or anywhere in the hotel that I could buy a bottle. It was 40 degrees Celsius I had to go on the streets in the middle of the night to find a bottle of water because I wasn't feeling good.

very good location. good price and breakfast already included.

No channels except Italian, but I'm not in Rome to watch TV. A little far from the actual downtown but since I walk fast it was ok for me. The metro does not really go downtown but crowded buses are available close to the hotel.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was of nice quality (no luxury but clean). The room was small but since I was travelling alone this didn't matter. The air conditioning was very good and I could enjoy the room despite it being 37 degrees outside. 24h reception.

The breakfast was not very good, and we don't think it was very good value for $100/ night. However for Location and just a room to sleep in, it is very good. The shower was also intermittent.

The room was clean and comfortable, but the wifi was very intermittent, although good in the lobby. We did find it odd that they changed our air conditioner one day without us there AND without telling us at all. It did not affect us, but it means that there were workmen in our room without our knowledge, and we may have had to change plans if we intended on resting in our room during this time.

Everything was great. The only thing that was a bit of a bother was that the coffee machine was broken or not working in the morning at 7am. The front desk clerk said that it might start working at 7:15 (I guess it is on a timer). But I had to leave before then, so I didn't get my morning coffee before I caught my train.

The lady at the front desk was very helpful. She made breakfast early, as I had to catch a train. And she knocked on the door in the morning to make sure I woke up. Her English was good and she was very responsive. Also, the AC in the room was really good and I was able to take a nice hot shower and watch movies until late on TV. They had some English-speaking channels, which was helpful. :-)

• Economy Double Room

The breakfast is ok but every single pastry seems to be apricot filled or glazed, this gets annoying and grating after a few days! I'm not sure why it's like this. The rooms are very basic but more than adequate for a pleasant stay. The bed was really comfortable but slightly disappointing that it was two single mattresses, as the extra length of a double makes it a bit more comfortable for tall people like myself. Some of the switches in the room don't do anything but to be fair - every light worked. The toilet flush was a bit rubbish and slow to refill, there's a knack to it! Also only one small toilet roll provided a day, a spare would be a good improvement.

Great location, close to Termini train station and a straightforward walk to majority of the sights in Rome, and close to Republica and Termini metro station for the journey to the Vatican. Staff are generally polite and helpful, and cleaners are very good. Considering it's on a main road, the noise is relatively well insulated by the windows and the aircon combined with the shutters and curtains keeps the temperature pleasant in the room. It would be improved with things like room service and tea/coffee facilities in the rooms but overall it was a good hotel, you don't much for your money in Rome!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

You can hear quite clearly into rooms next door. Breakfast was too basic, more choice would have been great.

Great location, close to Terminal station and subway, close to tourist attractions. Room was clean and soundproof to the outside.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Economy Double Room

Sheets and overs has holes but clean. The room was next to reception wich reduced our privacy . Breakfast with little varieties

Location easy to reach especially after midnight. Staff try to let you feel comfortable. Secure.

Breakfast while typical is a bit boring. Can be a bit noisy due to tile floors.

Front desk staff were exceptionally helpful. Cheerful and professional. Double glazing means traffic noise from main street is not intrusive. Location in gracious old building felt very safe. Street door closed late afternoon and just had to ring bell for entry. It's an old small lift like many in old buildings in Europe. You just have to understand how it operates. Its about a 10 minute walk from main Rome train station, Station Termini.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Economy Double Room

The beds could be better attached (we had two single beds attached, not a double bed).

We liked the incredible view and the fact that it's located near Piazza Republica, next to metro station. You may also visit Rome's sightseeings by foot (Colosseum, Piazza Navonna, Pantheon, Fontana di Trevi, Piazza Venezia, even the Vatican City). We could leave our luggage in the hotel before check in and after check out. (according to flight hours). The breakfast was decent.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Economy Double Room

There is nothing to complain about

Amazing location, 5-10 minutes by foot to all sights, we didn't use public transportation at all Clean, they clean your rooms every day, change towels, tide your room up All the staff members were nice and friendly, they helped with everything we needed... i asked for some water during night and they gave me two bottles free of charge, that was really nice and unexpected surprise

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Economy Double Room

Breakfast is very poor (no fruit, no ham, no cheese, only 1 type of bread...). You can do so much better! You can hear everything from the room next door!

Location is just perfect (you can go on foot everywhere - only 10min to the coliseum) Room is ok, bed very confortable but not the pillows that are to soft!

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Location and Cleanliness

The location is perfect. A short walk to all the major attractions. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast; croissants, cereal, bread, yogurt, tea & coffee was very nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful. If I were to return to Rome, I would definitely stay at the Hotel Everest Inn.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Quadruple Room

Morning, the coffee machine was broken and the morning staff wasn't too nice when asked if there was hot water for my son to make tea.

Staff at night was wonderful. Very kind and understanding. Welcoming with great advice.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Economy Double Room

I booked with a special offer and it was worth it. I wouldn't have paid more however. It's a good hotel anyway, small rooms but quite clean and with friendly staff. Location very well also!

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

The points are not crucial but just in case they migh be important: the hotel is not 5 minutes away from the train station as mentioned in the description - it takes about 10 minutes. There were no fresh fruits for breakfast during my stay (beginning of January) as mentioned in the description. And altogether the breakfast is modest - some hot non-sweet food like at least an omlet or boiled eggs and usual cheese (they only have soft) would have made it perfect. The sound from the street and the sound from the neighboring rooms is not heard so during night time it is very quiet, but the sound from the corridor is very loud. So sometimes when someone is talking in the corridor you can hear everything especially in the morning when the staff starts preparing for breakfast. This was not critical for me since I had to get up early at around 8 a.m. but was notable. Also I never thought this will be important but somehow now it is – the water pressure in the shower is rather too gentle.

Nice staff, great location close to Termini station (about 10 minutes walk, 15 if you take your time) and Coliseum, Roman Forum etc., a food supermarket about 2 minutes away, lots of shops and cafes for all types of budjets around. Very tasty bakery for breakfast and good coffee. The room has a conditioner. Worth its' money and I would definetly recomend but considering a few pecularities.

Poor breakfast

It was a really nice stay. The man in reception was extremely helpfull and "cortese". Incredible location.Our room it was a standard double room, clean and comfortable. Lovely view from the window ......definitely recommended!!!!

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Economy Double Room

Bed was a little hard, but no real discomfort.

Staff is very nice and helpfull. Rooms is very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is usual European Breakfast, croissants etc. Overall verry happy and nice stay!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

There was no hot water in the room,we couldn't take a shower, I asked one of the staff why there is no hot water,she said she will try to fix it. Minetime we went out and came back after 3h, we checked and there was still no hot water. I went to speak with one of the staff saying is still the same situation,the lady replayed that it needs time the water to warm up,so I asked if it will take 5h as we,ve been waiting already 2h. We ended up not taking a shower thanks good we were there just 2nights. Additionally the breakfast supposed to be at 7.30,however when we came 7.40 there was just some old crossants and coffee, I asked on the reception if we can have some bread and something to eat with it,however the lady on the reception said that they are waiting for delivery, so we,ve been waiting until 8am and there was stil no bread no hams,other people were also compaining and they were saying the same story. In the afternoon I spoke with a manager saying all the story,however he was rude and not helpfull at all. I wouldn't recommend this hotel at all!!! Was of money,you can have much better hotel for this price.

The location is very good to main attractions

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Economy Double Room

Very central for walking around Rome. The staff were friendly and polite and happy to help with any queries. Also within easy reach of the rail station with great quality high speed links to Venice and Florence.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The single room i stayed the fridge and wardrobe always have a noise which quite disturbing.

The location is so great! Near to Republika metro station. There's a supermarket just down the street which is very much convenient. And there's a souvenirs shop nearby too. The staffs are helpful and friendly. The environment is much more better than those near Termini, as there are lots of weirdos on the street near Termini at night time. I feel safer when i stay near Republika station. This hotel is too great!!!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Economy Double Room

The breakfast was very poor. Only croissants and some biscuits. There were timed during the day that the reception did not have a perdon who speaks English and we couldn't communicate regarding our night taxi to the airport.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Everything is close and in walking distance. Busy street with lots of people so you are not afraid to go on a night walk around. We really loved the bar / cafe / restorant in the corner ( George Byron) - perfecr coffe!!!!

Wifi had some minor issues

I loved the breakfast every morning and how friendly the staff's were. They were great help and gave me suggestions were to eat and places to visit. Rooms were clean and refreshing. I was able to explore several landmarks in Rome due to the incredible location.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Quadruple Room

AC does not work, small rooms, no breakfast, bad staff. No entrance to the hotel because it's at the third floor and elevator doesn't work most of the time. Expensive for nothing comparing to other hotels in the same area. Very rough and disrespectful assistance Manger and unprofessional at all. I don't recommend to no one.

Nothing to like such a bad hotel bad Manger and assistant Manger.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

We stayed two night first,then went to Venice for two night. And we came back to this hotel for 3nights stay. We had luckly 2rooms for 4, but during our stay, they did not change new shampoo at the bathroom and new sheet for beds. bit disappointed.

Good location! room is big enough, but When the first night, It was not the one I had expected.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Economy Double Room

The breakfast needs a definite upgrade. The croissants were delicious but the bread rolls were always rock hard every time.

I was surprised how very close to the shopping centres, for sightseeing and amazing restaurants it is. I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone going to rome.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

the location is beyond words. right on the main street looking to the road. close to everything. the breakfast was adaquate. would considering staying again.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Breakfast selection was quite basic. But it was ok really..... Not a big problem at all

Excellent location! Can walk pretty much to all the main sight-seeing spots (except Vatican City, but there's a metro station nearby). The bed was very comfortable... In fact more comfortable than other more expensive hotels I've stayed in. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Excellent hotel for the price.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

I paid for a single room with fridge and room safe. I received a very small single room without fridge or safe. After some insistance I was given a fridge - a drinks display unit which, to be fair, worked okay. I never did get a room safe.

Room, apart from my negative comments, was well appointed with a nice bathroom. But if you are a solo traveller, and can afford it, I'd opt for a double room which is far better value.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

I stayed at this B&B for 3 nights. First night had to be spent in sister hotel across landing which I was told was of the same standard. It definitely wasn't. Room move on day 2 very inconvenient to say the least.

Can get hot drink from machine out of hours and only costs 50cents. Breakfast choice limited but okay. Rm 309 good. I would recommend this B&B but, if solo traveller, pay the extra and get a double - far better value.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Economy Double Room

We had some trouble to control the shower temperature.

Clean and spacious, nice bathroom. Good air conditioning. Great location, very close to bus and train stations, easy to get to lots of restaurants and shops, and you can go walking to the Fontana di Trevi and Colosseum (15-20 min). Breakfast not great, but good enough.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

The cleaning lady could have been more courteous. She once made us go back to our room for 10 min. and wait for the floor to dry up. She hardly smiled and gave us the impression that she was very unhappy at doing her job. The rooms were in general very clean but on our last day towels were not changed and toiletries were no replenished.

The hotel is very well located and rooms are generally clean and spacious.

Location was excellent!!

Basic breakfast but ok for small hotel.

Close to train station but also close to main attractions. Very comfy bed, good air con and sound proofing.

• Economy Double Room

Great location and tasty breakfast!

• Economy Double Room

Very good location.Our room was always clean.Nice view to Via Nazionale.Helpful stuff.

Would have liked more choice with the breakfast and a kettle in room

Staff were brilliant! Our room was bigger than expected.

Loud traffic noise, no hot water, mold in shower, uncomfortable bed.

Small room.

Lovely little hotel. Room small but had everything.

No tea or coffee facilities in the room.

Location was perfect. Close to all the sites. Friendly staff.

Comfortable Clean Great location

• Economy Double Room

The breakfest was a little poor

Cold rooms

• Economy Double Room

water pressure when showering.

good breakfast. staff very polițe and helpful. mattresses very very comfortable.

• Economy Double Room

Rooms were smaller and less equipped than suggested on the site.

Excellent location, reception staff more than helpful and obliging.

too much noisy room from the central boulevard

location, friendly stuff

Excellent position close to Termini Station

• Economy Double Room

Very bad WiFi and breakfast.

Very good location and bed.

Staff were very helpful & friendly

LOcation

• Economy Double Room

Breakfast could be better, and the shower couldn't be properly set (too hot or too cold).

Location, Ease of Access

• Economy Double Room

Helpful staff on where to visit throughout day and where to eat at night.

no safe/depositbox in room

Great central location and only 3 min walk from metro train station.

• Economy Double Room

Elevator in the house was very old.

Food was delisious,bed was better than my bed at home:).

Clean, neat, near the center of Rome. Breakfast was fine.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Economy Double Room

Terrible pillows, no duvet, the sink was leaking and we asked for a twin but got a double room

Browse Hotel Everest Inn Rome traveller photo gallery