Reviews of Hotel Everest 2 stars

Via Cavour 47 - 3rd Floor, Central Station, 00184 Rome, Italy

#223 of 921 hotels in Rome

Awful hotel
    • Quadruple Room

My first negative feedback ever. Been more than 10 times in Rome and first time such a mistake with the hotel, which is highly overrated here on Booking.com. Firstly, the room is quite dark, the furniture, shower, toilet and everything are worn out twice. Electric sockets are fixed to the wall with a tape and so on. Feels very filthy and uncomfortable. The AC is “automatic” and you can’t switch it on or off when you want, not to mention the unavailability to adjust the temperature level. When it is turned on, cool air blows right at your head and we had to move our beds to another side of the room, but late at night it turns off and you wake up in sweat. The internet connection worked the first 30 min after check in. After, it worked only at reception desk, with no explanation from the staff. The fridge doesn’t cool. The breakfast can’t be included here and if you want any snack or a small breakfast in your room - there are no free facilities (teapot, glasses, spoons, etc.), eating yogurt or mango would be a problem. The staff seemed to be not friendly at all, imho. Overall, there are at least 2 places in this very building that I’ve already stayed at for several times for the same price, BUT with quite different quality, comfort and approach to their guests. This time they both were fully booked and I had to pick Everest, relying on its acceptable ratings on Booking.com. I will never return back here and would not recommend anyone to stay at Everest.

The only advantage is the location - 5 minutes from Termini Station

Overall a great experience.
    • Quadruple Room

The small elevator, it was cute but sometimes took too long to stop at our floor, minor negative.

We were travelling with two young children. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was close to the Termini Roma (railway station). There were plenty of cafes and we were in walking distance of many of the sights.

Great location,walking distance to termini 3min,to Colloseum...

Great location,walking distance to termini 3min,to Colloseum 10min and all other places important in Rome. Very clean,nice people who work,it was great

Perfect, if you are looking for a clean basic centrally located hotel at low cost
    • Quadruple Room

Rooms are very basic with dated decor

Great central location near Termini and the Metro, as well as walking distance to most major Rome attractions Clean rooms and a good sized room and bathroom for Europe

Everything was exellent.

If the Windows faces street it is noisy when you open the window. So you need sleep with closed window.

Everything was exellent. Nice staff, they provide a lot of information. Comfortable room, good beds, fridge, spacious wardrobe. Our flight home was late, so we could leave our luggage at the hotel for all day.

Good location, friendly staff

Very good location near Roma Termini Station. Particularly good as I arrived late in Rome and also had to catch an early train to the airport. It is also close to some major sights such as the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore. Many cafes and restaurants within walking distance. Staff was friendly. Response to my enquiry was fast and helpful. Clean and spacious room. Shower is nice with lovely hot water. Could use it again next time in Rome.

Good because of the location & staff

The shower as above wasn't in a cabin & only had a curtain so the small bathroom became flooded when used. We were surprised to be told that half of the total cost of our stay had been deducted from our credit card but that the balance would have to be paid in cash.

Although thee accommodation was very basic it was clean with a comfortable bed. The location of the hotel suited our needs perfectly as we wanted to be close to the main station.. The staff were very pleasant. Yogesh the day receptionist was very friendly, helpful &informative with info about buses & tickets. His night colleague was friendly too. .

I like that it’s near the Termini metro station hence easy...

The bedroom that we had was facing the main road but all bigger bedrooms were on that side so couldn’t do anything about it. I didn’t mind that much cause most nights I was too tired to notice but wouldn’t recommend it for light sleepers

I like that it’s near the Termini metro station hence easy to go anywhere. The gentlemen at the reception during the day is very helpful and accommodating, I forgot to ask his name though. We stayed for 5D/4N and it provided us with our basic requirements and has exceeded by far my expectation

Perfect location for a city break in Rome. Loved it!

The location of the Hotel Everest was exceptional, very close of every place you would like to visit in Rome. The room was very clean with all the facilities needed, the view was beautiful on Via Cavour and the staff very very friendly and helpful with everything we needed: coffee, maps, tips, recommendations. The restaurants around the hotel were very cozy with delicious Italian food.

Excellent localization!

Internet wifi does not work very well in the rooms.

Excellent localization, too close to Termini station and also close to Coliseum! Very friendly and helpful staff! Very good for a two stars hotel.

Great location,value for money

The surrounding area is abit dodgy & gloomy so don’t get too alarmed by it. If u have visited Italy before or come with a friend, overall it feels safe (at least as a solo female traveler)

Staff is helpful. Shower is decent despite its on top of the toilet bowl. I would say overall it’s quite decent though it’s small. If u r first time traveling to Rome as solo, maybe you would feel slightly uncomfortable. But it’s very quiet and few mins walk (straight upto) train station. It’s right across a decent supermarket so it’s really convenient overall. The lift is fine for 1-2 big luggage with 1-2 normal size People :)

Stay that overcome our expectations
    • Quadruple Room

Very clean and spacious room at excellent location. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Even when very cold outside, room was warm. My recommendation for the hotel.

Nice stay, not a good bathroom

Definitely the bathroom. The shower was literaly above the toillet.

Location and staff. We did almost everything walking and left from the trains station 6am withouth any problem. And the kindness was amazing!

Good but the bathroom ...
    • Quadruple Room

Water never drained in the shower and backflushed even. Toilet was blocked. The hotel fixed it but the water still drained very slow

Location was good and the staff was kind

Great location, 24h reception, clean and friendly

it was a bit loud when we stayed there but this is not the fault of the hotel itself but more the people staying there (and the hotel staff tried to calm the noise makers down), only Italian TV chains (but that was ok for us given we came to Rome to visit the city and not to watch TV)

Great location (you can more of less walk everywhere if you want t) but the metro is also very close as well as the train station where you can get on the leonardo express or the shuttle bus to the airport), 24h reception, friendly staff, very clean, good bed, not too big but you cannot ask for more considering the charged price, safe in room and working free wifi in the room, given we stayed there over New Year we received a bottle of prosecco in the room (very kind and fully unexpected!)

Good location, close to Rome Termini.

Bathroom smells sometimes. Some facilities need repairs. Staff is nice but one of them who was on night shift was very strange, asked me a lot of question and said something impolite. I would not recommand this place to female solo traveller.

Good location, close to Rome Termini. Good value for money.

excellent highly recommended

no major complain but the lift of thr building is too small especially if u have a pram

near the termini and walking distance to coloseo.. the hotel is very clean and affordable price and secured. what i really like is there is 24 hours on desk compare to other hotel.

A perfect place for your business trip.

Only the lighting in the room could be better. A lot of spot lights but no one good enough.

I have been in this hotel three years ago, again with Booking's help. A normal hotel, good enough for the town and very close to the bus station and the town centre. I liked it and I felt comfortable in it. You can get a good breakfast and there is a cafe in the lobby to have something to drink.

A very good location near a bus station.

A very good location near a bus station. Easy to get to from the airport and not far from some famous sights. The place is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful.

Just wonderful

One small thing - we kept on sliding through the beds which were pushed together to make a double bed, but I'm just being picky here

Everything was perfect!!!!

great location with good price. All attractions are within walking distance.

Room is relatively small for a family. Most staffs are quite friendly and willing to help. But one staff of night shift should respect his job more. He continually listened to his music when we asked for Wifi password. It seems not very polite.

With the price, I would say is it quite valuable in Rome. Meanwhile, the hotel has 24 service counter. You can contact the staff any time.

Only stayed one night because I had a flight the next day.

Access to coffee or tea would be nice, but not necessary.

Only stayed one night because I had a flight the next day. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms very clean. Felt very secure. Handy location for public transportation, trains, and getting to/from the airport. Recommended.

Great experience, perfect location close to Roma termini and friendly staffs.

The staff were friendly and helped us to navigate through Rome by providing maps and suggestions. Although we reached late, the hotel could be checked in. We stayed there for three nights. Overall it was a nice experience for a family trip for me, my wife and daughter.

Worth the money
    • Quadruple Room

The air conditioned is manually turn on-off by the staff. Sometime it really hot inside thw room. Thwy should turn on all the time that guest stay in hotel especially when Rome is in heat right now. Wifi is fair but sometime have problem with the connection.

The location is good close to termini, restuarant, 15 mins walk to colossium. The staff is nice.

Best budget place in Rome!

I loved everything. Surely I will come back soon again!

The stuff is very very welcoming, they gave me many good advice and recommendation. Excellent tips for breakfast and for restaurant, helping me to plan my trip in the city..... The aircondition worked well (middle of the summer 40 C in Rome), the room was quiet and very comfortable. Of course it is an old building, but I got better room than I expected. Last day I left my suitcase in the hotel to be able to use my day. The location is perfect, within 2 and half days I could visit all important places by walk in Rome. (Except Vatican) If you take rest around lunch (as Italian do :o)) afternoon you can visit the Colosseum and enjoy the sunset there with live street music nearby. Only 10 minutes walk from the hotel!!! Oh, and their caffe is excellent!

Best staff I have ever seen. Excellent location. Rooms need a/c. Clean and large bathrooms.

There was no air conditioner, there was a tiny vent and the windows could be opened. It was very very hot the few nights we spent in Rome. A tiny packet was provided with body gel and another tiny packet for shampoo. The window opened for fresh air but there was a lot of noise due to the hotel location.

Excellent location, about a 10 minute walk to Rome Central Train station. There were lots of restaurants nearby. Hotel staff were the best I have ever seen. When we first checked in they explained all the nearby transportation, the attractions, locations for shopping, restaurants and how to get everywhere. My wife and I needed to laundry and they helped us find a place to do laundry. Bathroom was large compared to other European hotels and there was a handheld bidet. Bed was very comfortable and the room was fairly large. There was a tiny fridge available to keep water bottles cold. The hotel staff lent us an Iron. (Hotels in Europe for some reason do not provide an iron as a standard) There were 2 large cabinets available to hang clothes. Fresh towels and new "packets" of shower gel were provided daily. The hotel staff let us keep our luggage in the hotel after we checked out which is a huge plus. The hotel staff were very helpful and had plenty of pamphlets for information and were available to help book stuff.

another option would be much better for the same price

It's a five floor building, in each floor there is a hotel, and only 1 elevator!!!!! (from the 20th century besides). Room is very small, almost no space to leave the bags or use the chair they put inside the room, window points to the center of the block so if you open the courtains everyone in front and in the sides of your window will see your room (5 meters from window to window). Refrigerator do not refrigerate at all. Shower has no ending, so everytime you take a shower the whole bath will be completely soaked.

Location is very good

Great place, well located and good staff.
    • Quadruple Room

The air conditioner was controlled by staff, and we have to ask few times to turn it on as it was extremely warm in Rome. Someone turned off in the middle of Night and we woke up feeling bad and wet. My husband had to get up and ask the staff, who was sleeping, to turn it on again.

Easy location, great staff in the morning, he was very helpful. Good space, valuable and clean. Close to many attractions, including the colosseo that you can go walking. 5 minutes to Termini Station. Lots of restaurants around.

A handy place to stay close to the train station

For some reason my TV kept coming on during the night which was disturbing until I worked out how to set it so the screen stayed blank. The girls in the adjacent room were also very chatty during the morning while I was trying to sleep.

I was looking for accommodation for one night near Roma Termini and this was perfect. The room was small but comfortable and secure and there are plenty of places nearby for food and drinks. The reception is open all night too which was handy for my late arrival.

Great staff and excellent location
    • Family Room

Perfect for a quick visit of Rome. Clean and good location. The staff was great and helpful (the lady in the recepcion helped us a lot!!! - we have a problem with alitalia strike and She was very kind and friendly in solving the problem)

The staff is very kind, they are 24 hours available.

The staff is very kind, they are 24 hours available. The hotel is close to the metro and the bus station, so you have always people walking around. It is convenient also because you can reach any place with public transport.

Perfect vacation in Rome

Hotel is on perfect location, you can walk to every location that is worth seeing. Very clean also with friendly stuff! Monti is safe and near hotel is Termini (2 min.) and lots of restaurants and bars!

we were very happy with this hotel
    • Family Room

there is no place for smokers or at least an ashtrey in front of the building. we had to go down tree floors in the street to smoke. but the street was also nice :)

friendlly people. interesting old building. very close to all popular and also less touristic places

Really enjoyed our stay, great location - 5mins walk from...

Really enjoyed our stay, great location - 5mins walk from main train station and a nearby walk to Colosseum, staff were friendly and helpful when needed help with travel recommendation.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Amazing location in the very heart of 'tourist Rome'

Room and bathroom both a little tight for space. 'Room only' is not great, the choice for breakfast would be good.

Location was perfect, management and staff very friendly and helpful. Wonderful surprise with drinks in fridge on arrival.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Nice staying

Not really much

All nice. Great location, next to Termini and along main road, but no stranger around. Safe and nice. Grocery store is just opposite of the hotel. Restaurants are next door.

- Small but clean room

- Bathroom smelly from time to time - Bathroom gets wet when you take a shower

- Small but clean room - Constant water temperature - Helpful staff - Perfect location nearby the Termini station

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Fleeting visit to Roma

The bathroom, although clean, smelt a bit mouldy and the shower was a little weak, but it didn't really matter that much.

The location was excellent - just a few minutes walk to Roma Termini station, which was why I chose it. The bed was very comfortable and clean and the room was warm and clean - the room service was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful - there was someone on the desk 24 hours. It also felt very secure and safe.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Staff is bery friendly, they give us a map and told about...

Rome tax is not included in the price

Staff is bery friendly, they give us a map and told about things to see and communication. Great localisation. Everyday cleaning. Grat coffee in good price

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Excellent... except for the WIFI.
    • Family Room

The only negative we can give for this place is the WIFI. Extremely slow and often drops out. Almost unusable. Unfortunately this is a very important factor for us and is the reason our review score isn't higher.

Great location. 200m from Termini - walking distance to most of Rome's attractions (rest are easily reached by nearby bus terminal). Friendly, Professional and helpful staff. Really appreciated the free printing service when we had to get some boarding passes for our flight. Clean and serviced rooms. Daily housekeeping was an unexpected bonus. 24 hour reception. Very convenient. Rooms are basic but comfortable, well equipped and serviced.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Good place. Reviews seem to be on the spot.

The bedroom light was a bit too bright/cold in tone. Wifi was pretty weak. I measured less than 1 mbps on speedtest.

Staff was genuinely nice and helpful. They borrowed us an umbrella and had spare water bottles for us, too. Our weekend stay was rather quiet.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Worth its money 100%

WiFi was very poor. In the rooms facing the Via Cavour noisy in the night (tram, sirens, vehicles, loudly spoken people) especially with open windows (with closed if you sleep sensitively)

Almost everything! Very modest, but clean and warm staff make it attractive. Locates 5 min from Termini Station, 1 min from S.M.Magiore, 15 min from Colosseum. Worth its money 100%

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

The location is very convenient.
    • Family Room

It was difficult to keep warm water from the shower and the draining is bad.

The location is very convenient. Staff is very good and kind. The room is clean.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Great location, great staff!

No table or desk.

Location: 300 m from Termini Station, the largest transport hub in Rome. A good supermarket across the street. The staff: friendly, efficient, fluent in English.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Great location; friendly staff
    • Quadruple Room

Very noisy but to be expected staying so close to Tremini station and the busy part of Rome.

Very friendly welcome and we were able to check in early after a long trip. Staff extremely helpful in suggesting where to visit and showing us on the map. Room very flexible - 3 single beds and two more pushed together to make a double bed make it ideal for families and perfect for three friends.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Location which is close to the Roma Termini station which...
    • Family Room

Location which is close to the Roma Termini station which makes travelling within the city rather an ease. The staff Yogesh and Giovanna are excellent! They are so helpful, informative and approachable. If we ever come back to Rome again, this will be my first choice of accommodation.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Simple clean room at good location

There was no proper AC, room was too hot, there was no shower cabin so bathroom was flooded, window view, bad smell from ventilation system

Location, clean room, fridge in the room, comfortable bed, staff, towels

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

We have stayed in hotel Everest 3 nights.

I would not change a thing. Although the room and bathroom were small, which to some could be a problem, it's all about what you want to see and how much time you have to see it. We only had 3 nights in Rome so for us the hotel was used purely to sleep and shower. Nevertheless I would highly recommend it. Great Location and great staff :)

We have stayed in hotel Everest 3 nights. It's a very conveniently situated building, very close to Termini train station and close to all major sites in Rome. You can get to everywhere on foot if you like walking or to make it a bit easier you can jump on the metro which will take you for only 1.2 Euros one way up to the last station. The room and bathroom were nice and very clean. It was also very quiet which is a massive bonus if you wanna get a good sleep after the whole day of sightseeing. The staff were lovely and very helpful. The check out is at 10am but if you still have time before your flight you can leave your luggage there and collect it later. We would definitely stay there again when on our next trip to Rome. :)

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

excellent and recommendable.
    • Quadruple Room

Only issue was that the air conditioner was switched off in the middle of the night. A little uncomfortable in summer for some.

Very nice and helpful staff. Good location.neat and clean.North day and night staff were helpful and knowledgeable.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

excellent normal hotel nearby Roma Termini railway station

combined shower&toilet (due to lack of space)

reliable and helpful and friendly staff (they even helped me as much as possible with my special needs due to an injury), historic but well maintained building (historic elevator works well), nearby "Roma Termini" train & metro station (only ca. 3 minutes walking)

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

A great place to stay if you are a busy traveller and need somewhere to rest your head comfortably.

The hotel was hard to find, we ended up driving past it multiple times. Charges were higher than were promised. The shower was too small and cramped. The lift in the building was incredibly old and needed updated.

The 24/7 reception was great when we were coming and going all day and night viewing Rome at night. The staff were friendly and helpful and the beds were comfy. A good basic hotel if you are sight seeing Rome.

Great location Helpful staff

can hardly feel air condition working.

can hardly feel air condition working. Hot in these days.

Good location, staff were brilliant very helpful.

Staff were brilliant gave the best introduction to a European city ever !

Good place to stay for a quick stopover in Rome, 5 minutes...

Good place to stay for a quick stopover in Rome, 5 minutes from the train station, check in is easy and smooth.

Good value for money

Very small room

A good value for money

Simple clean rooms and good location for transportation.

Room very small

Okay hotel for the sake of location which is amazing, staff are really friendly and nice.

Internet sometimes not working

Staff

Good hotel close to main train station.

Small room and was a little noisy.

Good hotel in a great location very close to main train station.

The desk staff was wonderful and extremely courteous.

The desk staff was wonderful and extremely courteous.

Location was perfect.

Location was perfect. Very central and Staff were really Good.

Excellent location when visiting Rome - both close to...

Excellent location when visiting Rome - both close to attractions and Termini, good place to rest with really comfy beds.

Fine . Nothing special

Lift sucks .

Value for money.

Location in the center of Rome, clean, but lacking facilities

Really bad wifi. Small rooms.

Great location near Termini with connections to all parts of Rome. Staff was really nice.

Good central place to stay for a short trip to rome!

Could have had microwave or kettle for guests to use

Very friendly staff! the mini fridge in the room is also nice!

Convience

Convience

Very nice

Large rooms. location near Termini

Good for the price. Location : perfect

Night reception staff less friendly than day staff

Good for the night

Very tired place, urgent need upgrade

Very tired place, urgent need upgrade

Those who look to stay near central station, i would recommend it
    • Quadruple Room

Room was stinking and we were not feeling refreshed after a long journey.

Location was perfect and staff was also kind.

Location and staff very friendly

Location and staff very friendly

Nice hotel and good value !!!
    • Quadruple Room

Really comfy and practical room!!! Staff is really helpful!!

The hotel is old and small room, however, for the price,...

The hotel is old and small room, however, for the price, everthing was more than excellent. Keep it always that way!

Kind staffs.