Reviews of Hotel Excelsior 4 stars

S.S. 16 Sud 266, 66054 Vasto, Italy

#4 of 17 hotels in Vasto

What was lacking in facilities was certainly made up for by the staff thanks to everyone of them
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe locationa little out of town and pool area could do with more sun beds ect

We had a lovely stay because the staff were so delightful everyone of them couldn’t have been more helpful and accommodating .

A very positive, memorable experience of beautiful Vasto and all the warmth of the people.great scen
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe a little more walk ability

The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. The accommodations were super clean and comfortable. Food was very good; excellent service😊

very polite personell, good view to the sea side area from...

nothing to complain about

very polite personell, good view to the sea side area from balcony, room was clean and spacious, dinner in restaurant was fine, good WiFi connection

Good location but overpriced for the off season
    • Double or Twin Room

Waiting staff are too serious, they need to relax and learn how to smile 😃 ... like the ladies in Reception. Poor signing into the hotel... we overshot the hotel entry and ended up in the car wash car park next door. The evening menu was overpriced and not good value for money.... catering to corporate guests on the night we stayed and the menu was priced accordingly.

Ladies in reception were very professional and assisted us with our enquiries in a timely matter. The evening receptionist even assisted me in paying an account on-line as I couldn’t understand Italian and I was most grateful for the help😃

I'd stay here again, even though a car would be needed to get around more easily.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location requires transportation to get to Vasto Central for dinners.

Unbelievably helpful and friendly staff. They went out of their way to accommodate every request. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Nice property near beach
    • Suite

The path to the beach could have been cleared as it was overgrown.

Nice view of the sea. Pool not open yet and no A/C yet. These are seasonal in Italy. Easy to reach. Nice large beach within a short walk.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Hotel was far from beach and centre of Vasto.
    • Suite

Hotel was far from beach and centre of Vasto.(not beach front) When I checked out, they tried to charge me for an extra night (5 nights) when my booking.com reservation indicated we were staying for four nights only. The guy at the front desk wouldn't believe I was staying for four nights only even when I showed him my booking,com reservation. After an hour's discussion, he finally charged me four nights. As we were leaving the hotel (at 5.am.) to catch our plane back home, I received another call from the front desk indicating that I owed them more money! (300 euro) I had no choice but to pay the extra money for fear I would miss my flight if I stayed to argue with the front desk about this charge, The guy at the front desk told me I had to pay extra for the kids, I told him the kids were free of charge as per my e-mails with hotel and he said no. If I wanted to leave, I had to pay. The guy at the front desk was also very rude and I will never stay or recommend this hotel.

Very good quality overall but not suitable location for old town Vasto without a car
    • Double or Twin Room

Walk to the beach in underground tunnel and long walk to any other restaurants

Extremely pleasant staff

Had a lovely stay
    • Suite

Beds were really comfy, breakfast was really nice, pool was a bit cold at first but once in it was lovely

Excellent choice

Excellent choice

Great hotel for families

Better bar area

The staff, the room and the cleanliness

the position

the position

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Fantastic B&B

A bit (5 km) out of town

The girl at reception was very friendly. The room very spacious and very comfortable king size bed. Good buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

We only stayed one night, so being close to the motorway is...

Nothing to fault

We only stayed one night, so being close to the motorway is a good location to us, but there is little else around, but all needs are catered for, there is a nice restaurant, reasonably priced and good quality food. We were welcomed with a plate of fresh fruit, delivered to our room, which we thought was a very nice gesture. It went down well with a glass of Asti from the mini bar. The bed was superb, the view from our room overlooking the sea was fantastic. We were very impressed with our short stay here, and we are sure to return.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

Welcoming staff.

Not a bad experience but we arrived on a wet blowy late November evening and, although it's a large hotel on the main road, we found difficulty finding it because there were no signs we could see and certainly no illuminated signs . Once there, however, no complaints at all!

Welcoming staff. Clean Hotel. Excellent view of the beach but not v inviting because of the weather.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The staff made the stay.

The plastic cups in the rooms. And the mini bar was empty

The staff made the stay. They went the extra mile.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

Room clean and cozy

Cold room

Room clean and cozy

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

excellent room on 4th floor, seaview with balcony

excellent room on 4th floor, seaview with balcony great bathroom, silent hotel, close to seaside and also centre of the town

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

Easy to find.

Restaurant for dinner - not much choice and poor quality

Easy to find. Clean modern hotel

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

king size bed

king size bed newly furbished bathroom easy and quick to reach from highway

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

interior has been redecorated

the location and the structure outside

interior has been redecorated

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

Location and friendly staff with modern rooms

Location and friendly staff with modern rooms

There is 1 review without text. This impacts the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Excelsior traveller photo gallery