Reviews of Hotel Farnese 4 stars

Via Alessandro Farnese 30, Vatican City - Prati, 00192 Rome, Italy

#194 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Double or Twin Room

Very good, very clean. the staff were amazing, very helpful and courteous. The location exactly as we wanted it, close to all but very quiet and safe. The metro stop was 2 minutes from the hotel, the Vatican 15 minutes on foot and other attractions close enough especially if you like to walk (to burn Carbonara and delicious ice cream 😉). Breakfast is served in an environment with beautiful view. Clean towels every day. Good value for money. I highly recommend it.

• Economy Double or Twin Room - Basement

Our room was on the sub-ground floor and had no windows. In accordance with the Italian style the discharge tank of the bowl was mounted high and it was really leaking when filling. If you flash sitting, you have a kind of shower. All other water armature was leaky as well resulting into puddles on the floor. The floor in the room was made of ceramic tiles and was really cold, but there were no slippers when we arrived.

Generally we liked the hotel. Staff was really friendly and resolved all issues in a blink of an eye. For us the hotel have a convenient location reachable directly from the airport and by subway from the station. It is located in the quiet quarter.

I don’t live there !

Enchanting and elegant place. A trip in time to the Belle Époque. Beautiful, evocative rooms. Breakfast in the Italian classic terrace looking at the roman domes through the ocre old beautiful building. You have to be there to understand !!! Short and easy walking distance to the beginning of the heart of Rome. Piazza del Popolo. All begins and end there ! The staff is always gentile, welcoming and kind. Always immaculately presented. The parking is a huge advantages if you have a car and the area is quite and easy previous to the madness of wonderful, busy Rome. That’s important and appreciated over there. i Totally recommended !

• Economy Double or Twin Room - Basement

Everything and eveyone was good. Special congratulations to the madam who serves at breakfast. She was so nice, quike and helpful even when the breakfast room was full.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could have been better and it would have been nice to have tea and coffee falicities in our room

We liked the old fashioned room very much

• Double or Twin Room

It's a fantastic hotel. Very high standards. Beautiful design, very big room with high ceilings. Free parking is another imporatant advantage. Iit's a struggle to find a hotel in Rome with free parking and this hotel was pretty much the only one which provides it in the central location of Rome. Highly recommend.

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom (specifically shower cabin) was in bad condition, which is not ok for the 4* hotel with that high rating. Breakfast was the same with little options for all 3 days.

Location is prefect, personnel are very polite and supportive

Nothing. It was wonderful

Location, friendly staff and clean bathrooms! The location is unbeatable- walking distance to a lot. The staff was beyond friendly and super helpful and just very kind. And lastly the bathrooms were large, clean and very nicely updated.

• Double or Twin Room

For a 4 star category, we expect basic facilities which were missing. No iron board in hotel, means pay 7-8 euros per cloth for ironing. For electric kettle pay 10 euros per day. Europe to Italy electric socket, deposit 5 euros. Cramps rooms. Totally rubbish. Not advisable to anybody.

My mother [a very young 85 year old] and I booked two rooms at this property in the beginning of November 2017. It was my second time. Both times I enjoyed the top floor room with the Balcony [5th floor - but you need to walk up steps from the 4th floor to get there]. I love the charm of that room and of course the balcony! It is like staying in an old mansion; and the housekeeping was excellent! The breakfast room on the top floor is lovely and a wonderful breakfast is served every morning by a charming hostess. The hotel is small and very intimate with a beautiful lobby. My mother had a the Junior Suite on the 4th floor and also found it a lovely experience. Two people and a child could definitely fit nicely in that room. The staff including Leonardo who manages the day shift, was wonderful and accommodating. He and others gave us excellent ideas for dinners within walking distance. We enjoyed a Bistro that is open earlier than many traditional family tratorias called Cantieri. There was also an excellent and popular pizza place, La Pratolina, that we highly recommend. The Prati district is very safe and quiet - residential, with a great street of businesses blocks away: Cola di Rienzo, yet very convenient to walk to the Piazza Popolo, Spanish Steps, etc., and of course Vatican City. At night [except in the winter months I am told], they offer the breakfast room for light snacks and beverages including wine and spirits. I highly recommend Hotel Farnese - and hope to return! CIAO!

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms with views are a bonus for me, and the view from mine wasn't bad - pretty buildings and a lot of wall, but if the view is important for you, then you might want to consider somewhere that guarantees great views - of course be prepared for the higher price tag.

Breakfast in the cute balcony on the roof was a lovely way to start each day. There is a coffee shop nearby with a long history and great espresso lined with dark chocolate - delicious. The hotel is in a nice, quiet location within easy access of the sights and right next to Lepanto metro station for those not willing/able to walk far.

The roof top restaurant/bar was delightful. Breakfast was delicious, plentiful and offered a lovely variety. Luigi served us cocktails in the evening. His conversation and service were wonderful. My 21 year old daughter and her friend thought he exemplified true Italian hospitality.

• Double or Twin Room

The decoration of the room The bed sheets I would have prefer to have a quilt it’s cleaner and softer It could have been more clean the towels has a bad smell and hair in all the bathroom

I liked the breakfast and the welcoming staff

Bathroom way past its best, with build up all around shower, broken shower door. Old fashioned No tea or coffee making facilities Friend stayed in basement room with no windows and bathroom flooded when using shower. Not the best for 134 euros a night

Roof terrace is quaint. Breakfast waitress extra friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast Room had its own balcony with pleasant views and table and chairs Comfy bed

• Double or Twin Room

A beautiful boutique hotel with easy access to the Vatican and many restaurants nearby. The staff was very courteous and accommodating. The breakfast was fantiastic.

• Double or Twin Room

There are no en-suite tea and coffee making facilities, i.e. no kettle ... which is a shame, given the rooms are already quite expensive!

High quality chic hotel, lovely rooms and comfortable. Ask for a room with a bath if you are sightseeing ... not all rooms have one, and your feet may need the soak! Good breakfast.

The lift was a bit small and from level 4 to 5 there is. No access via a staircase which would be great for breakfast etc

Bed xlarge. Toilet accessories luxury. Shutters on windows better than black out curtains. Bath and shower. Towels soft and pure white

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There wasn't anything we were unhappy about

I absolutely loved this hotel, great location - quiet but within metres of the underground so very easy to get around. Loved the room and bathroom, the bed was sooo comfy, great shutters to blackout the light. Staff all very friendly and helpful, breakfast ok but with a great view of the city.

I don't live here :'(

This is a wonderful place to be that's why I keep on coming. The building is a beautiful example of Belle Époque, with marble floors and delicate glass coloured windows. The staff has always being gentile, kind, pleasant, helpful. Fabulous breakfast with views to a typical peachy roman building. Beautiful ! Beautiful rooms and bathrooms. Is a 10 minutes walk to the very center and beginning of your journey to discover one of the best cities in the world. The Piazza del Poppolo. Parking ! Very important here in Rome. Overall, a precious memory. If you go, say hi for me please.

We ordered a triple room with three single beds, the room was small and had two single beds attached and one sofa. We asked to move to another room and got the same kind of room. We were disappointed because it wasn't what we booked.

Convenient location, really close to metro station, efficient stuff (contacted us before our arrival and arranged us a pick up from the airport)

I couldn't stay longer.

I just adored the character of this place. Is a beautiful period building and a romantic Nuveau styled, very gracios. Lovely staff, gentile and very ready to help. The parking is a huge bonus and the breakfast was fab in a beautiful ambient. Very well presented, good and varied. The rooms deco is ostentatious yet fun. Beautiful bathroom. Excellent location, fifteen minutes walk to Piazza del Popolo to begin your discovery journey into this gorgeous city. Nice and quiet.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff at Hotel Farnese was outstanding! Each person went above and beyond to make our stay fantastic! The breakfast was also above average and the room was excellent. We felt very comfortable and enjoyed our stay very much!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This is an elegant, affordable small hotel in a pleasant neighborhood of Rome. The staff are multilingual and very kind. They were willing to chat with us, which helped us feel a true connection to Rome and to Italy. Air conditioning worked great during the early summer heatwave. We had our own balcony, plus there is a rooftop garden with delicious complimentary breakfasts every morning. We stayed 4 nights and we will plan to return to the Hotel Farnese next time we are in Rome.

Absolutely nothing

Great and professional staff,very friendly and helpful.Good location,close to the metro station and not far from city centre if you prefer to walk.Lovely roof top garden bar with a nice waiter.Rooms very comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

The only complaint we had was that our bed had no box spring just a simple metal springs as part of the metal bed frame. We asked about the reason why it was this way since our traveling companions had a normal mattress/box springs set-up. The staff seemed to think our bed was ok, so, never got it resolved.

The staff was excellent and went out of their was to accommodate our needs. I had a broken wheel on my luggage. They found a place to have it fixed and, at a very fair price. Only took one day. Hotel Farnace is a little hidden gem!

• Double or Twin Room

We arrived at Hotel Farnese and was surprised to find no doorman to help us with our luggage. We struggled with our heavy suitcases up the front stairs and through the door of hotel while the gentleman at the front desk looked on. We travel frequently and found the staff at this hotel to not be helpful or concerned to resolve our issues. The linens and pillows were uncomfortable and of poor quality. The bathroom was small, shower drains very slowly and the room was not properly cleaned. Don't stay at this hotel during a rainstorm, the plumbing is old and drain noise will keep you up all night long. Disappointed in our stay.

We liked the location of the property, close to attractions and amenities.

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms are average size for Rome but small by US standards.

This is my favorite Rome hotel and I have stayed here several times. Hotel Farnese is an exception in Rome-- located in a pleasant upscale neighborhood away from tourist traps but walking distance to good restaurants and shops, close to a subway stop and 20 minutes walk to Castel Sant Angelo, St Peters and Piazza Del Popolo. The hotel is intimate and elegant and includes a little bar and a lovely breakfast room with a view over the roofs to St Peters. Breakfast is delicious. The staff is uniformly courteous and helpful and proficient in English.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is really nice, perfectly located in a quiet(er) neighborhood that is beautiful to explore and also really close to tourist attractions without being all hectic. The style is very Italian -- and when in Rome... The decor is classic, the service is impeccable and modern -- I traveled with a small dog and the hotel was more than accommodating. The breakfast room on the roof is really charming and you get a nice view. The breakfast is traditional (not too many healthy options but there is fresh orange juice and fruit every morning). There is good air-conditioning but for now, even though it was really hot outside, the room stayed nice and cool thanks to thick walls and blinds on the windows. All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better experience (stayed 4 nights).

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

If something could be easily improved (and it would raise even more the value for the money) that would be the breakfast. It was absolutely decent but it can be much better with very little investment. So, it's not something I disliked but rather an advice I'd give.

It's pointless to comment about various aspects not taking into account the price of the room. The best I could say is that the hotel is of very good value for the money. I'd particularly highlight the kindness of the staff, very very helpful (i.e. I wanted to order pizza late in the evening and they accepted only cash - so the guy from the reception offered to pay for me as I didn't have any cash at that time, that kind of kindness)

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in! It is a beautiful hotel in a charming neighborhood. All of the staff were helpful, friendly and kind. This is a wonderful place. We can't wait to return to Rome and stay here again.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room - Basement

Breakfast room on the roof, very quaint decor and great food. OK views but still loads of feel-good factor! Location great for walking distance to most of the top places to visit in Rome and only 50 yards from the metro if you don't want to walk. Staff helpful including good recommendation for authentic Italian restaurant.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Staff are under qualified and tricked me into paying for an extra night because I arrived 6 hrs early without informing me before I check in. I.e. They checked me in and after I stayed in the room for an hour they told me that will be an extra night (although I checked before I take the room). The rooms are over priced for the money I pay. The breakfast was of a low quality and didn't taste good at all.

Proximity to Vatican Free parking Good Wifi connection

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Wifi connection weak

Great location, very comfortable large room including lovely bathroom large shower over the spa bath. Staff was very friendly and professional. Wwill definitely be back!!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

All was good but the bathroom in our particular room was a bit cramped. However this would not deter us from returning here again.

Excellent breakfast, very friendly staff and a very convenient location.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Air- conditioning didn't seem to work properly. No coffee/tea making facilities in room.

Good breakfast in pretty location. Very friendly, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The parking lot was small, but the staff at the hotel allowed us to parking outside next to the entrance. It had a solution so it went great after!

Hotel Farnese is a piece of heaven in the middle of Rome. Breakfast was excellent, all its products fresh and delicious; pan aux chocolat to the scrambled eggs and cappuccino coffee, assorted teas. The lady who was in charge of the breakfast service from monday to friday was always so gentle!! My staying was wonderful, and Im going to go there again if I travel to Rome!!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The mattresses were nice and thick however a little old.

A much 'better than average' hotel experience to make your visit to Rome a truly lovely experience. Beautifully dressed rooms- bedding and decor very luxurious, grand windows and shutters to let the light and air in.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Internet was mostly excellent, but my Windows 8.1 machine couldn't reconnect automatically; a very minor inconvenience.

Excellent palazzo-ish room with high ceiling, crown moldings, mirrors, marble, beautiful woodwork. Not large, but extremely comfortable in an old-fashioned way. And an unbeatable location, for me: only a few steps from the metro, but via Alessandro Farnese is quiet and lovely. Breakfast on the roof garden was always a pleasure. The staff were helpful and friendly, without exception. This will be my first choice of hotel the next time I am in Rome.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Bed is just hell. There is no big bed. They put two beds together. Matress on the bed remember that of university dorm. Noise from the road. Sometimes it is impossible to sleep. Hotel installed special new windows, but even these windows do not help

Nice view from the roof

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee making facilities in room. Bathroom was gorgeous,(we had a twin) though didn't have shower gel or conditioner, but did have soap and shampoo; not critical but nice to know.

Nice breakfast, fresh orange juice and honey from the proprietors own bees, with a view from the top of the hotel of St Peters. Nice local area with restaurants used by locals, walking distance to Piazza Cavour for the shuttle bus to the airport, and very very close to the metro station Lepanto. Beautiful small hotel with quality air-conditioning and will safely store your luggage.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

They had the same thing for breakfast every day. I was not thrilled with the ladies at the front desk. We requested ice and they acted like it was an act of God to go get it. We needed directions to the beach and they very much acted like they did not want to help us.

The lady that served breakfast was excellent. Helped us with questions we had about getting to the beach. The two ladies at the front desk were no help at all.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I had to leave early due to an emergency and I had to pay for the entire stay, and I wished there was a way to access the roof when breakfast was not in session, although there was also a lovely ground floor terrace and lobby.

Breakfast very complete, went far beyond the normal continental breakfast, in a lovely setting, with an attendant to make you a cappucino. Fresh juice, pastries, eggs and bacon, an assortment of fruit, cereals, breads. The hotel is small and beautiful, the rooms on the small side but very nicely appointed with a great deal of atmosphere. The staff was very nice, and the neighborhood was lovely, quiet, and a 15-minute walk in two directions to get to attractions - but it wasn't in the middle of everything - although around the corner from a busy Metro stop. For me, that was a plus.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room - Basement

The fact that when I booked it was £450 when I came to pay it was £478 so I tees rates can vary .

The breakfast area+ the lady serving breakfast+ 2 of the receptionists, Location Nx to metro.

Nothing to dislike

Great location, lovely small hotel with parking (rare in Rome)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location and very comfy beds. Very quiet.

• Single Room - Basement

Breakfast room on level 5 has great view. All staff were excellent. Location great. Wifi worked well for me 😊

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing worth writing about.

I liked everything.

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent breakfast with a view. Friendly staff and nice rooms.

Very noisy room unfortunately

Staff most definitely. Early check in. Breakfast room

• Economy Double or Twin Room - Basement

Very bad for all occasions, cold rooms, broken ventilation system, broken shower shower, facilities in this hotel, 2 star hotel

• Double or Twin Room

Our shower was in the small bath, bit slippery, not very safe for elderly person.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Bed really comfy and huge.

The basement room

Nice location nice building

Not applicable.

Overall atmosphere and decor of the room and hotel. Convenient and safe location. Rooftop breakfast.

Poor Wi-Fi

Location, clean, breakfast

Amazing terrace for breakfast

Receptionists

• Economy Double or Twin Room - Basement

basement room-very noisy in the morning.

beautiful rooftop terrace with nice breakfast selection, very friendly and helpful staff.

no problems

everything

Nothinh

Excellent professional staff

Interiors, Cleanness, food, Location

• Double or Twin Room

Liked the property but took a kettle as there wasn't one in the room . It's a twenty min walk to most sites . Clean but had no iron

• Economy Double or Twin Room - Basement

Great hotel with a lot of history. Perfect location to see Rome. Will be back.

• Double or Twin Room

I can't think of anything I didn't like

Location, staff, very clean, nice breakfast

• Single Room - Basement

Very nice location. Just meters away from Metro. Rooftop breakfast was great.

• Double or Twin Room

Room size can be properly larger

good location and decent breakfast

Wifi kept dropping

Location was perfect

great hospitality and fantastic view for breakfast

NOTHING

ALL STAFF VERY HELPFUL & FREIDLY, Hotel clean, Best nights sleep ever in any hotel I have stayed.

Not a 4 star hotel and not a good value for money.

Nice quiet area next to lepanto metro station.

A little pricey

Great service

bed

Excellent breakfast, very helpful staff, private parking, close to Vatican city

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Breakfast room decor.

Near to Metro, friendly staff, fresh orange juice.

AC system not effecient

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast not that good just ample. Most channels on Television did not work

Excellent Reception staff, good location