Reviews of Hotel Flora 3 stars

Via Napo Torriani 23, Stazione Centrale, 20124 Milan, Italy

#124 of 424 hotels in Milan

We stay for 2 night and was perfect. Very close to Milano Centrale Station (2 min.). Small but very clean room. Breakfast selection is acceptable (coffee and cappuccino very good). Supermarket round the block.

Easy 5 min walk from the station, helpful staff who allowed early entry to the room, checking to see if it had been cleaned (some hotels do not allow early entry, regardless!). Room facilities were fine fir a short stay. Good breakfast.

We would have liked the option of having Tea/Coffee Making facility in the room. When you come back to the hotel after a day's sightseeing, it's great to be able to relax in your room with a drink of tea or coffee.

We liked the option of having 2 desks from which to work. Room was small but adequate.

Hotel about 100yards from main railway station yet quiet (our room was at the back of the hotel) Staff very helpful, room not big but spotless with all we needed, bathroom also not big but well equipped We had a standard double and it worked well Price for Milan was excellent Breakfast included was all good, plenty of choice and nothing “ran out “ The Metro is less than 100yards from front door, 10mins by metro or a little longer by delightful trams to the centre and attractions We found plenty of places to eat in surrounding streets at reasonable costs and not too touristy , no need to go further Can highly recommend hotel Flora for any stay in Milan, business or pleasure, at the excellent prices we paid it was a bargain for Milan

Coffee served at Breakfast was excellent. The only negative item worth reporting is that it would be great to have Tea/Coffee making facility in the room. Most rooms in Europe provide this faciiity.

Great location, very close to the Railway Station. Hotel staff very accommodating. Close to Mini-mart and many good restaurants. Bed very comfortable.

None.

Although a 3 star Hotel, has unique location next to Metro station, Train station and Bus station for Bergamo Airport. Near to shopping center of Corso Buenos Aires. Breakfast met our criteria for good foo and quick service.

It was the worst experience ever. The hotel would be all fine, if not one guy at the Reception desk named Roberto, who spoiled the stay completely. I came to Milano with a late train on a Friday night, and I was in the hotel around 23:30 planning to go sleep right after check-in. I did not have a passport with me - only my Swiss ID. Absence of original passport was never an issue with any other hotels in Europe, and I travel a lot (including Italy). But this time, in Flora, I was told that I cannot check-in without original. Roberto in a rude manner simply denied to check me in with valid documents. I was forced to go to a police department of Milano. He also said that it is not his job to advise me on taxi costs, as he is only responsible for check-ins. He literally told me that this is my problem, and he does not care about my problems. If I don't bring police stamped form, he was going to charge me for the night without checking-in. I had a copy of the passport with me, and also some other documents that contain both name and picture. To this I was told that he does not believe my copy and other docs, as I might have fakened them all. It took me two hours in the night to go to police department and come back with an official proof that I exist. On the way back to hotel I had to walk 2km by foot in the night in a very unsafe surroundings (no taxis around police department). Anyway, I made it back to the hotel. When I came back at 1:30 am and rang a door bell, I had to ring a couple of times before there was reaction. He finally unlocked the door, and rudeness continued. I was told that “I was supposed to ring the door bell only ones”. After some minutes I finally got my room key. What I was NOT told is any information on the hotel (breakfast, wi-fi,etc.). Really, he acted as if I stayed there for free and he was loosing his time for me. Sorry, it does not work like this in hospitality business! Reception desk exists not to let guests down, but to support them.

Very convenient hotel near the central train station and a metro station. Nice and clean rooms. It was possible to store the luggage at the hotel on the day of departure.

It was super noisy, We couldn't sleep at all. The bed was not comfortable at all. The room is super old. It is not worth it for the money we paid.

The location was good.

The breakfast buffet could be improved with greater variety and with solid English speaking personnel. They were very kind and helpful, but language skills could be improved

Very convenient for public transportation, quite and well staffed

You can hear what is going on in surrounding rooms.

Very good location close to train and subway station and in neighbourhood with many restaurants. Despite quite small, room is nice and clean. Breakfast is rather average.

Feels like the hotel needs renovation

It’s near the central station, can be good if you plan to travel around. Road to the Duomo is about 5-10 minutes by metro.

The room seemed a little bit smaller than the room from the photos, probably because it is more long than wide, but it is comfortable enough for a short stay. There is some street noise, however the hotel has the advantage of not being located on one of the main streets so the noise is bearable.

Location, location, location. The hotel is practically two steps away from Stazione Centrale and the metro station. The room was spotlessly clean. For an Italian breakfast, the breakfast was good, with sufficient choices for every taste. It was nice that, even though an early check in was not possible, they had a luggage room, so we could leave our luggage at the hotel prior to the check in. The personnel was professional, polite, not necessarily warm, but yet nice. A plus for the lady who served the breakfast who was very friendly.

The hotel is close to the station so I travelled by metro and trains. Many good restaurants and bars close by, so It was ideal to get back to the room in no time. The breakfast lady, Marina, is the sweetest server I have ever encountered

I would be better to include fresh vegetables in the breakfast.

Good breakfast, but some fresh vegetables would be welcome. The beds were confy and the room was quite. The hotel has a good location close to Milano Centrale train station.

Attention: there don't have any iron available! Only an ironing external service.

Very practical location next to the train station, friendly and professional staff, super clean room, renovated bathroom, perfect for a quick business stay. Breakfast is good and the Osteria Italiana in front is good.

No Hot breakfast options in the menu.Also,staff could be better informed about the airport bus service stops.I was waiting at a location where the bus did not stop.i had informed previously about an early check-in however the room was not ready till 12:30pm.

Walkable from Milano centrale.

The room were I was allocated was disgusting: covered in dust, it was boiling like an oven and it was present a funny smeel from the pipes. The service was even worse. Once i mentioned it in the main desk they were so rude to me. An absolutelly poor experience... i won’t come to the hotel again.

The soundproofing of the room I lived, is unthinkably failed. Any sound from the street, corridor and the next room, could be heard clearly. The bed linings are quite simple, economical, just like the goods allocated to the refugees.

Very convenient location, near central railway station and Line M2/3 underground. Breakfast is good !

The heating wasn't good or working, as it leaked coldness from the window outside (beginning of March and snowing).

Breakfast was OK. Generally an OK place.

The decor was a bit out of date, but that is really the only reason I could find for this being a 3-star hotel instead of a 4 star.

Most efficient checking in my life.

A bit outdated in stile but clean and comfortable bed for example.

Very convenient and close to the railway. About 300-400 meters. Large rooms. Area with plenty of restaurants and bars. Nice updated bathroom and shower.

I think I was lucky and I don't have any negtive points about my stay at this hotel.

I had lower expectations but it turns out to be a good hotel to stay. Staff was great and speak English quite well. Even though the hotel is old, the room was clean and the bed and sheets were confortable. Bathroom were clean and big. Breakfast was good for a 3 star's hotel. Near Central Station.

The high price charged for a very small double room in a 3* Hotel, but all hotel prices appear to be high in Milan. Would look elsewhere with the knowledge of the area which we now have.

The atmosphere in the breakfast room created by an exceptionally happy server. In a good area for restaurants. Near public transport

No kettle.

Good location if you travel from Central Station. Room warm and clean. Breakfast quite good: not big variety, but rnough for start of the day.

The room was a bit cold at night, I had to use extra blankets that luckily were provided.

Great location, very nice and helpful staff! The room was quite spacious and comfortable. Must say the bathroom exceeded my expectations (it's new and very clean). No problem with wi-fi. Overall good value for money.

This train station area could be dark at night and we found a lot homeless sleeping on the street.

5min from train station and 2min from tube stop // Clean and Breakfast incl // There is a little salon with magazines // Pizza nice restaurant close to hotel

The place was a bit noisy and there were a lot of homeless people around the hotel. Most of a time the elevator didn't want to stop on our floor (5-th).

The hotel has a good location, near The central station and metro station, the connection from and to Malpensa airport was easy. There are a lot of cafes and restaurants nearby and the grocery store with fresh fruit. The room was very clean and staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and the coffee was good. The hotel is old but renovated.

Very thin walls make the room quite noisy.

This is not my first stay here, my first choice in Milan, especially if I need to be near the train station. Very good location, close to the train station and to subway/tram stops. Nice staff and good breakfast.

Had to climb front door stairs with big bags -- every entry seemed to have a kind of lip on which I'd catch the roller. There were just some details of the room that weren't great, like the bedroom door being held open by wadded up cardboard and the room being freezing every time I entered (i.e. the cleaning staff kept turning the heater off). Some of the front desk people seemed a bit brusque to me in comparison to my other Italian experiences, even though I speak Italian and was being polite and friendly, and honestly it was hard to tell if it was because I'm not white and stereotypically they assumed I didn't speak Italian. Overall, the stay was fine, and location was absolutely stellar in convenience, but it was not the warmest of Italian hospitality.

It was very, very close to the train station. Everything was "just fine." Clean, comfortable, decent hot drinks in the mornings. They even had herbal tea.

Sumptuous breakfast. Passionate staff. We arrived earlier than checkin hours. We could store luggage there. Close to car rental offices. Easy to park at the hotel in order to upload luggage.

The hotel was not purpose built and my room was not the sort of comfortable but booring box one often get, but irregularly shaped with its own character.

No complaints here

Very pleasant room with all facilities. Comfy bed. Breakfast really very good and included in price. Would deffo revisit. Thanks to helpful staff.

It is cold in December and the heat is turned off in the room from late evening till early morning. This would be ok if the blankets were not summer weight, and the night desk clerk so rude when we called down about the coldness of our room.

A good value close to the Centrale Train station. Included breakfast was a nice touch and well done for continental style.

Hotel Flora has great position for those who travel with public transport; it's near the train and bus station and not far from city center. The staff is helpfull and there is a pleasant positive lady who makes you coffee with a smile. The place is cosy and in safe area.

Sergio was so rude. More or less grunted at us on our arrival. We struggled with our luggage up a few stairs and he didn't even offer to assist, unlike the Staff at the Atlantic Hotel, which is just opposite! He hardly gave us eye-contact let alone any information regarding the hotel. We then sent him a polite e-mail, asking him if he would print off some attached documents. Interestingly, the e-mail seemed never to have been delivered. We then forwarded the same e-mail to Sebastiano (change of shift) who printed off the documents immediately!

Close proximity to ttrain station.

- we arrived by plane early in the morning and we were denied to check in earlier than 14:00 o'clock although rooms were available much earlier (the rooms are cleared by 10 am the latest);

- one of the gentlemen from the reception was very helpful and kind, even offered to help us change the room due to some minor inconveniences. - the lady helping you with the breakfast and coffee was very friendly. Same goes for other hotel personnel for which I can't remember their names (sorry for that). - the room was comfortable.

Very poor breakfast, noisy air conditioning, very old furnitures. My room lacked a lot in soundproofing, there was no privacy. Old furnitures abandoned in the corridors and on the stairs.

Ottima posizione per la Stazione Centrale,buon livello di pulizia.

Noise level was very uncomfortable at night. We could hear noises from rooms next door all night and even toilet flush as well.

Clean and spacious rooms.

I think the price shown when booking should include the so called tourist tax. The idea of “tourist tax” is bonkers anyway but the whole of Italy does it. The hotel needs to be refurbished. Good location for access to train station and metro.

Central station area- full of homeless people which makes the are not nice in evenings

We arrived 3 hours before check-in time, personnel did everything to provide all rooms for us. Good location- close to Central station. Rooms small but very comfortable. Breakfast was good.

No hot water in the shower!!! No heating at night!! Breakfast content really poor! ...so no, it was not a good "value for money" hotel.

The hotel has a good location, very near to the central station.

The bed I initially thought was hard....but exhaustion meant I slept well.

Close proximity to central train station. Easy walk to the Duomo. Great croissants and coffee at breakfast.

Hot water and internet was not turned until we asked. Maintenance cane up quickly and fixed it .

Closeness to train station and friendly breakfast lady.

Nothing. It’s a good overnight stay if you want to catch the train out of Milan.

Close to main train station, good value and clean room. Welcoming staff. For anyone who complains about the the bed or the breakfast...please pay for an American chain or pack your bags and don’t come back to a budget hotel in Europe. This is italian standard!

The hotel is old but nice and renovated. Has very good location and price. There are a lot of awesome restaurants nearby. The staff is kind and helpful. They recommended me a place to have a dinner and also gave me a discount voucher. The Wi-Fi is really fast and the breakfast offers a decent variety of options.

No view and a construction site next door. Paper thin walls; you can hear everything from the neighboring room.

The lady in the breakfast room made excellent coffee, but otherwise the breakfast was very basic. The room and bathroom were very clean. The fridge was a big plus. Good location.

Noise of the neighboring room can be clearly heard. I could not sleep well because of the loud snoring sound of my neghbor. TV does not function very well. It goes off at night (perhaps for the reason above).

Convenient location and nice breakfast.

The hotel was conveniently close to Central Station for travelling to other locations. Staff pleasant and held my room even though I was very late arriving due to flight delays.

- There were constructions going on just right outside our room; had to get up earlier in the morning because we couldn't bear the noise

- Great location, a few minutes walk from the train station - Breakfast is nice

Bed is real hard, room feels a bit dated, fohn does not work, no good place to sit in room, too expensive for what it gives, but this was due to the fashion week when prices go up.

The location, overall service especially of uber efficient and friendly Marina at breakfast, fast internet, cleanliness.

Walls are paper thin, can hear clearly people talking in nearby rooms and corridor. Noisy water pipes.

Very convenient location near Milano Centrale train station and just a few steps to the subway station. Ok breakfast, small but comfortable single room.

The breakfast service excellent, breakfast content poor!

Excellent location, excellent transport connections, ideal for business-associated trips! Walking distance from main tourist attractions!

The hotel is at a great location, not very new, but with good facilities. Absolutely close to Central Station and to the metro. Easy to get from airport to the hotel. Rooms are clean, bed is comfortable, breakfast is small buffet with enough variety of cold dishes, sweet and salty, with good coffee and juices. Staff is very kind. Travelled to the Monza F1 GP and for all our arrangements this was the best area to stay. I would come back here anytime.

No iron and iron board. You can not do ironing in hotel.

Good connection to train station and Malpensa airport. Good breakfast. Not a big varity, but enough for breakfast.

the location of this hotel was great near the train station bars and restaurants .The hotel was was clean and tidy beds were comfy all that we expected

There was hair in the bathroom when we arrived, the room wasn't well ventilated so you had to have the air con on all the time. The pillows weren't the best and the walls were paper thin so light sleepers would need ear plugs p

Good location, staff were friendly. A decent breakfast with good coffee

Staff needs a happy and helpful injection! It didn't sour our stay but it affected this rating for sure. They weren't unfriendly, they just couldn't be bothered much.

Great location if you're coming into Milano Centrale station. Nice room with nice balcony! We enjoyed our stay there and would do it again.

Hotel is very closed to the Milano Centrale.. If you travel around by train it has the best location .Staff is friendly. Breakfast is ok . Free WİFİ is really good. The hotel is very closed to the underground if you don't prefer walking you can easily use metro or tramps...

Building next door starting early.

The staff were able to accommodate for one of us that was unwell in a room upon arrival, we were a little early. Had good recommendations for dinner. When asked for assistance in printing out train tkts for our nxt couple of journeys it was no problem. Over all pretty good and recommend for location to train station & cities easy access.

Very good hotel, comparing with other economy class hotels close to station. Very good location, good Wi-Fi and breakfast (in Italy breakfast usually re very poor :) . We really like to be back :)

it's a cute nostalgic hotel near the central train station. everything was fine. our room was big and air condition's performance is really good, it matters because the weather was extremely hot in July. i definitely recommend you to stay at least.

I liked its location few mints walk from Central Station, metro & Buenos Aires (main shopping street in Milan). Convenient for those who want to catch trains/buses to airports or other Italian cities. Air-conditioned super clean room cleaned properly daily.

Nothing really....

This is a friendly comfortable hotel, close to the station. The staff are lovely, the beds comfortable, good wifi. Four pillows, two firm and two soft...a nice thoughtful touch. They were very kind and caring when I fell outside. We would definitely stay again if in Milan.

Great location, just few steps from main station and central metro station - great place to explore Milan. Very good standard of the room, nice and private atmosphere, helpful staff.

The young man, who works at the reception was very unpolite and unprofessional, however the other staffs were friendly and attentive. The room has no window to look outside. More daylight is necessary for a longer stay.

The room and bathroom was good and comfortable. It was also very clean.

Bright LED lights on the AC control unit overbright and annoying during the night.

Very convenient to Milano Centrale station. Breakfast had a good range of pastries and cheese.

The bed could have been more comfortable and the lift bigger.

We had a trip with three nights in different hotels and we were positively surprised with Hotel Flora. Although it is quite small it met our expectations. The staff at the reception desk were very nice and the size of our room was OK. I loved the stripy walls and the pictures on them. We had a very quiet room at the end of the corridor. We were traveling by train so it was conveniently located for us.

The male receptionist seemed to enjoy making us all wait for early check in. He made no attempt to check whether or not our rooms were ready for check in till 12.30pm and then made a proclamation that he was nice enough to allow us to check in half an hour earlier . ( check in time is supposed to be 1pm onwards). Not a good power control technique when all the tourists were just too exhausted sitting in the foyer, jet lagged and dazed from sleep deprivation.

I liked the very close proximity to the train station and to all shops and the metro underground.

The elevator in the hotel can only goes up but doesn't go down, so it's bit difficult when you are travelling with lots of luggages. Also I can hear very clearly the sound in my next room (couple taking, the sound of pipes when they used water and their alarm)

Very close to the central station. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast won't start until 7:15. But I have to leave on 6:30 am one day, so they got me a take-away breakfast bag.

1. For check out at 1 pm ask me 50 euro (my room nightly price was 55 euro) 2. No luggage room ...when i asked just to store my luggage for 2 hours, they drop my bag at the corridor, where so many people walk around :(

The room was quite small and there were no facilities for tea and coffee in the room.

The location was very convenient to Milano Centrale Station. It was clean and comfortable and breakfast was good. Breakfast staff were extremely friendly.

A lot of homeless people near the hotel in the street. And sometimes very noisy

Very comfortable hotel, suitable for one-two nights. Friendly and communicative staff! Good price for offering conditions

The only off set is to have a back out curtain to avoid sunlight coming in the early morning.

Good location, easy access to several attractions, lots eateries and shops around the corner.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

This hotel was 100% non-smoking room. However, there was a large group of tourists stayed in 3 different rooms on my floor smoked so I informed the front desk. The staff immediately called guests on my room to stop smoking in the building. However, just a few hours later I went up to my floor and saw they opened doors and smoking & chat so can get some air "out". My floor just became smoking floor. I think the hotel should just charge fine to guests after the first warning. The hotel is clean but very outdated in some rooms.

Great location - 3 to 5min walk from the Milan central train station, close to all bus stops (including the one to outlets). Breakfast was good.

Browse Hotel Flora traveller photo gallery