Reviews of Hotel Florida 2 stars

Cannaregio Calle Priuli Cavalletti 106, Cannaregio, 30121 Venice, Italy

#267 of 301 hotels in Venice

5.5

Lack of assistance in carrying luggage up narrow, steep stairs - there was no lift.

It would be hard to find a better located hotel, at this price, in Venice. It is less than 5 minutes walk from Santa Lucia Station. It’s also on the same side of the Canal, so the large bridge that greets you as you walk out of the station can be admired, not feared. You won’t have to cross it with all your luggage! Ferrovia water taxi stop is just outside the station, making it very easy to get around during your stay. There are many excellent cafes, restaurants, bars, within a 2 minute walk. The hotel is located down a narrow alley, and although it was quite dark at night, we felt safe. Rooms were clean, reasonably comfortable, and serviced daily. The downsides? Not many. Staff were friendly, but three on consecutive days, didn’t know how to provide us with tickets to a concert that was advertised in the foyer, including that tickets were available at the hotel desk. The most important thing to note is that there is no lift, and the stairs are quite steep. There was no assistance on arrival in getting our luggage to our room, or carrying it back down on our departure.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The noise at times from other guests in the hotel and from passers by on the street below.

The hotel is about 3 minutes walk from the main rail station and within easy reach of the main attractions around Venice either by foot, vaporetta or water taxi. Very pleasant and informative staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Noise I didn't pay for stay in noise,stress hotel people pay for peaceful why they need a holiday after work hard for budget for holiday

Staff is lovely but when I was stayed my room is middle of young gang they stayed 4 rooms and I middle they have been nocked my door twice and I start to annoy and was very noise after 2330.I think the hotel has already a good value for everything Staff,cleaner,local they are perfect maybe a little pick the people who is stay and the good customer who could be you permanent good guest would come back again not a young lack of ability to holiday at all time and ran around and smoking in the room put other a good customer down and felt not want to come back again.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Thr room was too dark. The light should be changed.

Location was perfect! It's just 5minutes from the station. The lady in the counter was very kind~

• Classic Double or Twin Room

1. Hotel blocked the complete amount of money on credit card as soon as it was booked on booking.com. 2. I have booked a large double bed as I was traveling with my family and kid. Instead I was given a very small bed while check in. 3. Check in time was 1400. I reached approx 1300. I was given the room after 1400 only . 4. There was no elevators, and no room service .so we have to lift all our bulky luggage on our own. 4. I have book this hotel for two night approx 240 euro total , but observed a man paid 60 euro during check in probably for a day . 5.breakfast was very basic and coffee cup , bowl, glass all had very dirty mark and lot of scratches. 6. Room was too small and very old , it's does not look like the one they have advertise on booking.com 7. Overall it's does not look like a hotel , it's like a bed and breakfast and not recomended for family. The location is good but very very noisy that it's quite diffuct to sleep.

Only location was good . Near to station.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was no elevator. So, pack ur stuff into small luggage or backpack :D

Location was perfect especially when taking late train service from other cities. Moreover, it was near to halal restaurant..

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

Hotel was conveniently situated close to the bus and train terminal near Piazzale Roma. It was also very close to the Grand Canal which made boat travel very easy . The hotel staff were excellent. They were all very helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast was very adequate and well presented. The rooms were very clean but basic. There were no facilities for making coffee!! The only problem we had was that we were put into room 24. Although when booking the room it stated that toilet and bathroom facilities were available it failed to point out that these were not en-suite.The actual facilities were,in fact, about 10 meters from the room. At least we had sole use of them. Whilst we were at Hotel Florida a school trip were also using the facilities but we had no disruption on any of the nights. Overall a good basic hotel easily accessed by public transport. It is perfectly situated for access to the Grand canal and has a good range of restaurants and bars.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bad breakfast, too sweet and extremely bad coffee. No elevator. Water stains in ceiling and walls. A bit old rooms. No fridge in the room.

Perfect location for travellers with lots of luggage/ tight schedule with trains etc, because it's very close to Santa Maria station. Luggage can be stored after check-out in the hotel, although it's not looked after by the staff. Clean bathroom, warm water.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

An average hotel in one of the dark allies of Venice. No lift. I wouldn't call the staff rude but felt pretty unwelcome. Not much for breakfast. The only view offered was of the same dark alley.

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

Ariana and Stefano were very kind to me. I especially appreciated the restaurant Ariana (I hope I got her name correct) recommended to me for dinner after my attending the opera. It was exactly what I looking for(good food in a quiet atmosphere). I also especially my conversation on operatic singing and singers with Stefano. It was the people who work at the hotel that brought me the most enjoyment. Thank you Sincerely. Irv Arditty Edmonds, Washington

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff forgot turn on the heating after we check-in (raining day in March), one of it did not work properly so we have to left the bathroom door open. The bed is short for me (height 183cm).

The location is quite nice.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Solo travelers have to pay the full price(double room price)

Great location right near the train station. Good breakfast. Comfy beds. Very friendly staff.

A bit cold at night and had to wait a few minutes for hot water while showering.

Right next to bus and train station, few meters out of main street, so no noise at night.

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

The breakfast was simple but really tasty. The room was cozy and warm, the location was perfect just next to the train station and easily access to shops and central area. It was a pleasant stay.

It was too hot in the room, despite the fact that we turned off the heating. It would be great to get ham and cheese during the breakfast.

Staff very polite and helpful. Room clean and comfortable. Tasty and sweet breakfast.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Location next to the station and in front of a bridge to cross and go for a walk and visit touristic places! Restaurants and an Irish pub near! Room and bathroom very clean Room big enough and warm Good breakfast Friendly personal

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Being awoken by people taking and shouting in the corridor while placing their baggage in the storage area outside of our room and awoken from from 6am as people went to the station

Staff very helpful and the room clean and warm, But as we were in a room overlooking the walkway in front of the hotel then you have lots of noise from restaurant and people towing hand luggage with wheels making lots of noise as they pass on their way to the train station

The room was extremely hot. We couldn't change the heater, needed to ask the reception to change, even though, it was very hot.

Nice breakfast and accommodations.

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

The fact that the bathroom wasn't in the room, it was a private bathroom tough, and I dind't really got this when I booked the room. Nevertheless, you can live with this if you're planning a short stay. And let's say that breakfast could be a little more diversified.

The place had a great value for money, and it can be a good choice for Venice. Think about the fact that the hotel is like 2 minutes walking distance from the train station, and you don't have to go across tens of bridges with a huge trolley in order to get to your accomodation. From here San Marco square is like 30 minutes walking distance at most, so if you plan a trip for 1-2 days for Venice and you're not really picky this place can come really handy

• Classic Double or Twin Room

On the first night we got a horrible room with the electrical istallation being so noisy that we were not able to sleep for the whole night. Not to mention the noise behind the window, but you can kind of anticipate this when you book an accomodation in the very centre of such touristic area. After the sleepless first night we kindly asked at the reception to get another room. The staff was extremely rude, we didn't hear a single "I'm sorry" for the incoveniance we had. They even tried to deny our comments, saying that noone ever complained about any noise in that room. In the end they suggested another room, but as soon as we asked to first see the room and make sure that the noise is not there, we were said that it's not possible and we need to agree for the room without seeing it as there is no other option. In the end the second room turned out to be much better, but I actually cannot imagine a worse start of your holidays than a sleepless night and rude people. Stay away from this place.

It is really easy to find. The staffs are very helpful and welcoming, and also helped us a lot even though we ask so much (we asked them to help us print our ticket because we forgot to). The room was nice and comfortable. Breakfast is pleasant.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the Hotel Florida facilities, first day no heating and hot water in our room. Staff don’t even bother about it when I, told them, when I asked them to change my room, because we have a baby, he can get cold easily again no bother. I asked staff for baby bed, again simply no from them.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

the outside noise...in the night; you wi'll hear the tourists outside the hotel...passing...talking. But it is not so disturbing.I slept very well:)

I like the location of the Hotel Florida...is at 2 min walk from the vapporeto ( waterbus)...2 min from the train station and 5 min from the Piaza SRoma where you can find the buses that can take you to the airport From Hotel Florida we can walk to San Marco( 20 min). The breakfast was ok. The room was clean.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The bed was shorter than normal and the place seemed very tired and in need of quite a bit of TLC

Great location being so close to train station and Grand Canal. Receptionist most helpful and polite.

One of the lady staff was very unfriendly when i asked if i could take hot water in the breakfast room during non breakfast hour. You will need to carry your suitcases up to the room by stairs as no lift available.

Good location, minutes away from railway station.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Heater was not working properly during stay. little bit cold. Bed room need to be improved. It's old.. But no problem to stay Wifi was little bit slow.

Perfect location from train staion and very clost to take water bus. Take away breakfast service was so perfect when I check out very early morning.

The building lacks maintenance: peeling wallpaper, chipped wood, makeshift curtain hoops.

Very good location, unexpensive. Very good communication. Nice breakfast.

Hotel Maintenance is poor. No lift.Rooms are quite small.Asked for Rooms in 1st floor, provided in 2nd floor.

Location is good.Just next to train station in the centre.

Very old facilities. Breakfast was very basic. Blankets smell of dump. They didn’t have basic things such as an iron. Very overpriced for what they offer.

Location is good ok.

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

The bed was excruciatingly uncomfortable, the bedroom hot and you couldn’t leave the windows open as it was noisy from a restaurant fan. The bathroom was outside the room with no ventilation and the most difficult key locking situation ever. Change the lock for the love of god! You have to be Hudini to unlock and lock the door! Breakfast was very dull

The hotel was very centrally located and easy to find

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

"Hell" will be a more appropriate comment of this hotel. Seriously guys, if you want to ruin your perfect trip plan by 60%, please stay with Hotel Florida. This comment is long, but it sure will help you to avoid this absolute buzz killer and a group of liars. Pro(s): very close to station, max. 300m, good for people catching early trains with heavy luggages. Cons: As listed below. 1. Price: We paid 130 Euros for a double room. Definitely not pricy comparing to 4-5 stars. But definitely the worst choice you get within peer price, one of a kind. Details as below. 2. Staff: Short smile and greeting is the only positive thing they provided. The manager alleged they have done a "free upgrade" room for us, which is a total lie and led the worst room I lived in since I wan born. Details per below. 3. Lift: NO! Customers will need to carry their own luggages to level 1 & 2 through the narrow, steep and dim stairs. Think twice when you have people in special needs traveling with you. A photo attached. 4. Luggage Storage: A lobby on level 1, unattended, no tags, no surveillance cameras. People with valuables better arrive after 2pm for a direct check in. A photo attached. 5. Room: Here comes the drama. We booked a standardized double room with external bathroom (oops sorry I missed the bathroom part as I never saw a non-backpacker hotel with external bathroom!) Got totally shocked with this 7-8 sqm max. bedroom with path for slim people only, dirty bathroom with moulded shower blinds and toilet paper holder (see attached photos), and 120cm wide "double bed" which felt like a seesaw (see attached photos). Dear manager, is this the result of your effort of putting more importance to room cleaness? The booking.com confirmation confirmed a double bed between 130-150 cm.

Location is perfect

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bathroom very old and small but otherwise all good.

The people were wonderful. Accommodations good but a little outdated. Only problem was getting over the bridge from the bus to the hotel as it is all steps and very difficult with luggage.

Place is in need of some refurbishment and updating but for the price we were quite satisfied.

Location was perfect and our absolute choice thing for Venice. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very tired decoration and dirty hall sand stair carpets. Very dark dining room and very basic breakfast

Close to railway station and bus/tram terminus.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No lift 😞 but I think most of the hotel in Venice got no lift as well.

Very close to main train station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. 👍🏻There is a nice a cheap restaurant nearby the hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Normal basic room with quite small bathroom and without freeze, water kettle and quality wardrobe.

Perfect location for tourist coming by train....also Ferrovia vaporetto station is just nearby..

The bathroom was very small. The bed my husband had in our triple room was uncomfortable for him since he could feel the springs. There were ants in the room when we woke up in the morning.

The location was perfect for our 1 night stay. Very close to the train station and right across from the water taxi so that we wasted no time getting to roam the streets of beautiful Venezia. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful offering a safe place to store our luggage before our room was ready so we could enjoy the sights.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bed was just two singles pushed together, but not uncomfortable. shower is extremely small

Excellent location, 2 minute walk from the station which is good with baggage.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Every thing was ver basic, If you come by air it's a very long walk to the hotel. I would not stay there again.

Breakfast very basic, I would have liked a little protein as simple as hard boiled egg.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is really awful, there are only sweet croissants and salty breads as main choices. And they don't have elevator, if you have heavy luggages you have to lift them upstairs yourself, the staffs will not help you.

The location is just fine, near a famous bridge, and near the train station, you can walk to hotel after arriving Venezia. The room is not small, but the street nearby is a bit noisy at night.

Rooms were tooo small for 4 people and not enough lighting in the room and walkways.

It was nice clean family run hotel. Breakfast could be a little better but the location was excellent right by the train station.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Room needed maintenance not very clean. Hot water system didnt work after first night. Couldnt shower.

Good location close to train station bus station and water transport. Near main bridge into town.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Wifi could not be accessed in the room-only in the first floor/dining area; no lifts

Big room for the two of us.... excellent location- near train station, vaporetto station, restaurants and shops; excellent croissant- newly baked..

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very noisy with room above street, tiny bathroom, shower dangerous with split level floor, hard bed. If you stay here make sure you take ear plugs! No elevator. Wifi only available in lobby.

Location was good, close to restaurants, water bus, trains & buses. Basic breakfast available.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very dated property. Needs a refurbishment but is clean and the staff make it very pleasant. Don't expect luxury. Just decent accom in a good location.

Proximity to train station, water taxi and bus drop off. Our advice if coming from airport with lots of luggage or heavy luggage is to take the water taxi. As you come out of the stop you turn right and the lane the hotel is located on is literally just opposite. We made the mistake to get the bus to piazalle Roma and try to climb across the bridge with two 25kg suitcases and then walk to the hotel. Water taxi would have been easier. But the location of the hotel to the train and water taxi make it the biggest asset. Decent sweet breakfast with good selection. Again you get what you pay!

The double bed are made of 2 single put together making it uncomfortable to sleep.

Location. 4 mins walk to trains stn, 7 mins to bus depo.Transport to and from Venice by public transports are the best. Shops and restaurants are every where.. The staff are friendly and helpful. Especially Stefano, Alberto and his wife. Thanks guys.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast room very small and not comfortable. Rooms very small. There was no elevator and only very narrow stairs. Bathrooms very small with shower not functioning well. Box airconditioning working very laudly.

Pleasant staff only.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The inner spring mattress on our bed had collapsed in some sections leaving it very lumpy. Mattresses obviously need replacing.

Location to public transport was great. Value for money very good. Staff excellent.

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

Not crazy about an external bathroom, but it was private (there was a bidet and sink in the room). Wi-fi only in the breakfast room, which wasn't a big problem, but many seemed to linger after eating so the room was a bit crowded--fine after 10a when breakfast stopped.

We traveled to Venice by train for an overnight before a cruise. Hotel Florida is just about a block from the train station and a few blocks from the glass bridge and People Mover that takes you right to the port, so the location was perfect. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, both before and during our stay. A very nice breakfast room with a coffee machine. AC worked great, and the room was quiet.

Staircase may be a challenge if you are a poor climber.

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Easy access from Marco Polo airport. Good starting point to explore the city.

The price was overrated for the type of hotel. I asked for a "special something" for breakfast (it was included) because I am lactose intolerant and they just gave me 2 apples.

The great location because the hotel is situated 2 minutes away from the station.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

While clean, the room and bathroom are small. The beds are narrower than standard single beds. The decor could do with some updating. There is no free wifi in the guest rooms but free wifi is available in the breakfast area.

The close proximity to the train station is the best thing about this hotel. It is clean and for Venice reasonably priced.

Crowded at breakfast. Very few tables and small space. Beds were hard.

Location, location, location. Good value for the money. Beds were a little hard but it was clean and very quiet. Right off main street. Great location!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

This property could not be more conveniently located. Hope they don't raise the prices because I said that! Lol. Our room was spartan but the bed was comfortable. Thank goodness the windows were big and could be opened to cool off the room. The sink and bidet in the room was a nice touch. We are very glad we paid extra for the private bathroom. The bathroom could have been a bit cleaner and no amenities are available except for towels. The lock on the door was very difficult at first to open but it added to the charm of the entire experience once we got the hang of it. This is old Europe and it has that feel. Historic and rough around the edges. If you are looking for luxury, this is not it. It is between a nice hostel and a quirky B&B. That being said we would absolutely stay there again. The breakfast was plentiful and there were very good choices. As for the staff - they could not have been any more helpful. Even while I struggled with my broken Italian they persisted before they switched to English. I am loving learning Italian and it is so nice when locals let you try. We loved that it was off the canal and the very busy area. It is down a narrow "street" and secluded although right in the middle of the action. No noises can be heard from all the activity. The Hotel was also quiet. No loud partying or loud tv, etc. Guests were polite. There is also a safe place to store your locked bag on the second floor if you are going to tour around the city. Everything is a short walk away. I mean everything. The train station, shops, restaurants, historic bridges, etc. It is nice to have this little piece of Italian history in such a convenient location. So if you are looking for something that is unique, and you aren't too stuffy about everything being perfect and you like old world charm, this hotel is for you!!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

This property was basically a half level above a college dorm. The hotel does not manage the noise and the clients were mostly traveling college students because of the price. The mattress was a wire with a sheet over it; we stayed the first night to try it and we got no sleep due to noise that continued through the night. The breakfast was a room that was about 85 degrees and there were like 2 items to choose from to eat. We left first thing in the morning for a better hotel which was easy to find in Venice. I will never use booking.com again.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

Internet access was a bit problematic (worked for my husband, but not for me)

A perfect location for our visit to Venice. Getting to and from the train station is a breeze. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room and the things in the room were old. Also, the server in the restaurant didn't say hello or good morning. She should be less serious too. The breakfast was very poor. My suitcase and backpck were outside my room, neat the door, when I returned at 11:40 because check-out is at 11.

I really loved the location, and the attention at the main desk was pretty good.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

- The bed is a bit dirty and the room is dull. - No elevator and the staff is not trying to help you carry the luggage. - Very bad breakfast only bread and coffee

- The location is good. It just 5 minutes walk from main train station and many restaurants around there.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Room is small and a little old. Luggage store room is open to all the customer, feeling not safe enough.

Great location just near the San Lucia train station. And there's a water bus station near.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was damp with torn wallpaper and damaged walls was like a cheap backpackers definitely needs modernising and very shameful to allow this as a room for accommadating a member of the public.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Property needs renovation.Bathroom is a challenge.

Location was excellent. Staff were very friendly. Minutes to train station and Grand Canal for waterbus. Plenty of eateries nearby.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The gentleman on the reception noticed it was my birthday the next day , and when he came on shift he wished me a happy birthday all the staff were very polite and friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very old facility and not very appealing. My son called it "ratched." On the plus side, the bedding was clean and so was the (very cramped) bathroom. Also, staff is friendly. No lobby to speak of. The free wifi is practically non-existant. Only works, badly, in the non-lobby where you can't even sit down to do some work. Gets very busy in the small breakfast room in the morning.

Location, very close to the train station, is the main selling point for this hotel.

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

The bathroom did not have soap nor shampoo, we had to buy it ourselves after asking the staff for it. Also the bathroom for our room was on the hall of the floor, so we needed to go outside with a different key to use it. The mattress was pretty hard.

Breakfast was pretty good. Awesome coffee, croissants and bread.The staff was polite and friendly

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Heating was not on in my room and wifi was not connected in 3rd floor but not bad for one night

Everything wae good but i sm happy with cleanliness and breakfast and staff was decent

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The "continental" breakfast was really poor, I would expect at least a salami or cheese, not just jam and honey. The room was cold and the staff opened the heating only after 6 PM.

The bed was comfortable, overall the room was clear. The location is the best.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Water took a while to heat up and was sparse.

Small breakfast or pastries provided and right next to train station. A great location for shopping and sightseeing.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Poor WiFi signal in the room and modest breakfast, both probably connected with the fact taht the hotel was full.

Excellent location and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

أسوء فندق في حياتي و سيئ للغاية من كل النواحي و ان موظفين الاستقبال من اخس الموظفين في فتره المساء ولن أسكن في هذا الفندق مجددا طول حياتي Bad hotel in everything

الموقع ولكن نوعا ما. لأنه داخل حاره و الوصول له متعب

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The wi-fi just worked donwstairs in the living room, not upstairs in the bedrooms. There was mold on the walls in our bedroom.

Nice location, very close to the railroad and bus station, but in a quiet and borrow little street

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

The wi-fi connection is poor, but works fine in the common area.

Location is great, really close to the station. Breakfast is really good, with bread, milk, juice, caffé, etc. The staff is very nice. I really enjoyed being here.

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

the website says private bathroom and what i get is an external private bathroom outside my room with the key which can be opened only be me. Sounds awkward not sure how other rooms are though

staff was really helpful

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

Breakfast lacked basic food like ham and cheese. And there was no toaster.

The hotel has an perfect location - 1 minute away from train station. Staff is very nice too.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

Narrow stairs, quite difficult to take luggage upstairs. Shower clean but very small.

It was overall ok. Good breakfast, delicious croissants. Clean and confortable bed.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

In November we had to open window because it was very hot during night time

Nice breakfast, friendly personal, clean room (everyday housekeeping service, changed towels)

Browse Hotel Florida traveller photo gallery