Reviews of Florio Park Hotel 4 stars

C.Da Magaggiari, 90045 Cinisi, Italy

#34 of 42 hotels in Cinisi

Terrible property, horribly overpriced.
    • Double or Twin Room

Overpriced tourist trap. Beware. Tour buses of senior citizens, I felt bad for them. The property was terrible and hasn’t been remodlled since the 1970’s

Average experience, garden and beach access is good. Below average breakfast. Bad pillows.

The breakfast was below average. The rooms are old, mattresses are ok, but the pillows were awful (all the pillows in the room)

Access to beach is good. Nice gardens.

good but not great
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel clientele were mainly 60+ French couples. The beat-box music playing practically all day at the pool-side was not at all suitable to the age of the customers. Many complained including me. I do not wish to hear dance music for seventeen year olds at 10am in the morning!

staff were great. Food was too!

Not close to airport. 30 Euro cab ride for an early departure flight.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Sea View

No real restaurant. Buffet dinner fitting a low end Las Vegas casino. Outskirts of town. Not easy to walk to find a restaurant in the center of town.

Good service all around. Staff helpful in every way. Room clean and bath newly renovated.

3 hrs sleep very unsatisfactory
    • Double or Twin Room

Wedding party 5 metres away from our room loud music started at 7pm, disco continued until 3am, rang reception to complain they were no help. Very disappointed

Good hotel, very convenient for the airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

I stayed overnight Tuesday/Wednesday and both shop and spa were closed on Tuesdays.

A large hotel, which offered all the facilities you would expect and some, including a 24h reception where staff spoke excellent English, buffet breakfast and dinner, pool and organised events by an in-house team. Most other guests were French. Stayed here for the last night of our holiday as it was an easy 15 minute drive to Palermo airport.

Great memorable place with lots of activities. Will visit again.
    • Double or Twin Room

1- Its not easy to reach. 2- There is an airport nearby but I did not find this as much of a negative. 3- I had several difficulties with the payment. I payed the amount through booking.com but they wanted to charge me again as they were not so familiar with the procedure. I had to call booking.com to call them but then it was fine. Also they had charged me extra 50 euro in the final bill. I think it was an honest mistake but you do need to check your bill. They fixed it as soon as I told them.

The place is awesome. Its more like a resort than a hotel. They have great swimming pool, access to the sea, table tennis and tennis court. Note you pay extra 5 euro per day per person for the facilities. There is a lot of activities happening. They have yoga classes, performances at a theatre and lot more every day. There is great selection of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner and they differ everyday. Remember that you pay an extra 25 euro per person for lunch or dinner. But its a buffet with variety of food including drinks (They even had BBQ for one day). The restaurant has a great view to the sea. We also had an early flight and they opened the restaurant early for us (30 min earlier). Overall a great place but you do need to plan your travel (We went with our own car). I do want to say that the staff at this location are supper friendly and supper nice.

Website said hotel transfer included.
    • Double or Twin Room

Website said hotel transfer included. It wasn't. There was no transfer. They called a private taxi which was very expensive. They also didn't take credit cards. Felt ripped off. I loved the accommodation but the staff at the front desk was in such a rush it was difficult to understand the gentlemans instructions. He did not explain that the lunch and dinner was a buffet. Thought I could order a la carte. Food was good but too much. Just would have liked more explanation.

Florio Park Hotel...My Opinion

See above

My opinion...Hotel Florio Park from Jim in Dublin I booked this hotel for one night as it was near the airport that Ryanair flys into. Initially I read just some reviews and most of them were okay. As I was coming closer to staying there, I read a lot more of the reviews and I was beginning to get nervous. As the airport is about 3/4 of an hour from Palermo city, one has to make the decision, do I stay near the airport or do I stay in Palermo where one has transport options. If staying in Palermo, I think you should use the train on the morning of departure. On both occasions we were on the motorway, Palermo to Airport, there was major traffic jams. If dropping back rented car, allow for this, same with a taxi. I think I would take a train the next time if I was doing that journey. We agreed a fare of 55 from Central Station....in the end we gave him 70.....took 1 and 1/2 hours. Florio Park Hotel.......we were impressed with entrance and decor.....reception was efficient and we were shown to our room. We felt that we could have got a bit more information....but they were very busy. Room was nice and bathroom was excellent. The pool area was impressive and the French entertainment staff were so nice and friendly, it really added to our experience. 10 out 10 to them. The bar staff were very friendly. The only gripe I have is they don't have draught beer....or beera a la spina....the bottles of beer were very small and they cost 3 50 each. We paid 25 each for the food at lunch time and 25 again in the evening. It was good value and good food. You get free wine on both occasions. On arrival, we ordered a taxi for the next morning. She said that would cost 30 euros. I think this is way too much. I feel the hotel should do a better deal with the taxi company. The taxi man drove slowly and it took him 10 minutes to get to arrivals. HOTEL.....DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS...... Overall our one night stay cost us 273 euros. I think we got good value but.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Very Average
    • Double or Twin Room

Unless you arrived early for breakfast or dinner, there was shortage of food. Also there was little change in variety from day to day.

First two days we were treated well .

Close to the airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

It's a travel group resort so dinner was buffet, crowded and produced for the masses.

Beautiful grounds with a view to the sea, pleasant clean comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Good hotel for our purpose - a one night's stay after a...
    • Double or Twin Room

In the morning when leaving, we found out that our two drinks at the bar of the evening before had been charged as four drinks - no idea if the hotel did it on purpose of if it was just the clumsiness of the barkeeper, but it should not have happened.

Good hotel for our purpose - a one night's stay after a late arrival on Cinisi Airport.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

convenient if you need to fly early – but no other reason to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Very mediocre breakfast (mushy apples with no taste, no fresh juices, just some sugary liquid from a machine, hard boiled eggs with no taste, mediocre coffee), unfriendly waitress As the crow flies the hotel is very close to the airport, but on the actual roads you need to drive on, it's further and therefore a bit disconcerting when you've calculated X amount of time to catch a flight. At least this should be mentioned somewhere.

the receptionists were nice, nice view onto the sea

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Good for overnight stay for access to Palermo airport
    • Double or Twin Room

Barman was friendly but other staff surly and unhelpful. Decor somewhat dated and gloomy. End of season so rather soulless. Large pool was blocked off for exercise class for just 4 people. We only stayed one night, which was enough.

Easy to find, and excellent for access to Palermo airport for early morning flight. Grounds and pool beautifully maintained Access to beach down a few steps.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Stay far away
    • Double or Twin Room

We stayed at 7 hotels on a recent trip to Sicily and Sardinia. Every one was great except for this one. When we checked in, we were told a bellhop would help us find our room or we could find it by ourselves. We weren't offered a property map. No bellhop appeared after awhile, so we tried to find our room ourselves. How hard could that be, right? We drove our car out from the lobby and there were no clear signs where to park. We found our way to the back of the hotel and spent 10 minutes trying to find our rooms. We had to walk 30 feet over grass to get to the door to our building as there was no pavement. Check out the photos of the building and windows. (It's dark because we left for our flight before 5am.) The building was early Soviet-prison style. There were steel bars on the windows. Before the manager responses to this review saying we are lying, check out my photos I've posted of the building and the window. The manager can't say these photos are not true unless he lies. You can't take legal action against someone when they post the truth. When we checked in, we were told there was only Wifi in the lobby. But i noticed a wifi hotspot outside our room. From reading these reviews, I've learned that we could have paid for wifi, but we didn't try it because we were told it wasn't in the rooms. Our room was also located across the street from at least one loud late night disco. Standing outside our door, the music was as loud as a dance floor. Inside, it was a bit quieter, but I could still hear the bass beat from the music. We considered switching rooms or switching hotels, but it was after midnight and we had to get up in a few hours for any early flight. So we decided to just deal with it. It also looked like most of the rooms would be affected by the loud music so what was the point. The room was decorated in 1970s style furnishings. At least, it was clean.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Close to the beach
    • Double or Twin Room

WiFi connections were almost nonexistent and not at all reliable. Room fittings were very worn. Hotel was dirty and furniture in public places was worn out and soiled. Expensive taxi fare from airport €35-40. Crowded with bus loads arriving. Hotel is best avoided.

Close to the beach

Management con scarso orientamento al customer service

Management con scarso orientamento al customer service

Would not stay there again very few English people to talk to only French and Italian speaking gests
    • Double or Twin Room

Beds very uncomfortable no English tv channels food very poor

Great for proximity to the airport and was a great place to end our holiday

Not many English speaking guests

This is 3 star not 4 star hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Noise, Uncomfortable beds, Ants in the room, Staff speaks little English, poor breakfast

Swimming pool, Location, Private beach,

Disco down by the beach till 3am

very friendly staff and helpful

Convenient to the airport
    • Double or Twin Room

Convenient to the airport. It was a safe and secure site. They prepared a breakfast for us to carry with us as we had an early flight.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

There was supposed to be a free shuttle to the airport and...
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Sea View

There was supposed to be a free shuttle to the airport and there wasn't one

good value
    • Double or Twin Room

close to airport with the plans taking off over the hotel at times

great pool friendly staff good food beach just 200mts away

Really nice view

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Don't go!
    • Double or Twin Room

Terrible location, terrible room, terrible dinner--hated the place

Left before they served breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Convenient to the airport but not much more

Layout of the buildings.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The food, the wine and the coffee

The food, the wine and the coffee

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

Staff;

Location is pretty close to the airport but the taxi cost EUR 50 one direction and EUR 30 the other direction so taxies cost more than the hotel. Very jadded 1970's resort hotel aimed at lower end of 'all inclusive' market. Buffet only choice for dinner; poor selection. Breakfast very basic; coffee from machine undrinkable.

Staff; price

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

We needed to be near the airport and looked for authentic...

It accommodates bus tourism, which can be loud and overwhelming.

We needed to be near the airport and looked for authentic Sicilian luxury. We had dinner next door at a wonderful Trattoria.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2015

Good hotel base with good facilities.

One night they played very loud French dance music , which spoiled the tranquil and great background jazz music. Following day they put the loud speakers on for a while , but by request they turned it off to provide some adult peace . The young entertainers would do better in Spain 18_30 holidays.

Good hotel base with good facilities.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

The location is amazing with, the scenery is breathtaking...

The location is amazing with, the scenery is breathtaking and the color of the sea is fabulous. What I liked most of all, however, is the extreme kindness and friendliness of the staff who work at Florio. I had some little trouble while at my holidays and the Hotel staff did their utmost to help me out. They did it all with a smile and a huge dose of 'Sicilian warm heart'! I am definitely coming back.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

Good location with large rooms and stunning view though the...

Lack of adapters in the reception.

Good location with large rooms and stunning view though the sea. Basic although tasty breakfast served each morning. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Far from airport, $50+ taxi ride both ways

Far from airport, $50+ taxi ride both ways AC did not work despite attempt at repair.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

very good buffet breakfast, v.

the Swimming pool was not open!

very good buffet breakfast, v.g. staff. excellent view to the sea!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

Convenient to airport

The free wifi did not include wifi in the rooms.

Convenient to airport

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

We keep coming back

We keep coming back

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

The pool and beach was nice

All the extras you had to pay for

The pool and beach was nice

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

Pool, Beach, Dinner, Sunset, Airport Proximity,

Pool, Beach, Dinner, Sunset, Airport Proximity,

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

Relaxed staff good breakfast

Relaxed staff good breakfast

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.