Reviews of Hotel Fontana 3 stars

Piazza di Trevi 96, Trevi, 00187 Rome, Italy

#547 of 921 hotels in Rome

Disappointing. Wouldn't stay here again, I'm afraid.

The bathroom was cramped and impractical (we kept hitting our heads on the towel rail and the floor was wet after showering). The coffee at breakfast was undrinkable and the fruit juice wasn't fresh. The staff on reception didn't make much effort to make us feel welcome. The bedroom was unremarkable, with slightly tatty furniture, and it was dark.

The breakfast terrace was pretty, with a good view, and the location of the hotel was central.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Worst booking I made in 7 years
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

The smell in the room was bad. The one guy at the desk was rude, unhelpful and made you feel very uncomfortable. Worst hotel we stayed art during a month vacation.. So bad, that we checked out without a refund for two nights and ran out of there. Then he tried to charge me 8 euros city tax. Pretty sure he re rented out our room for the next 2 nights that we paid for. This is the first ever bad review I have ever sent.

Good location; bad everything else.
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

This hotel is just expensive scam! Fake photos! I wanted to book in the center many other hotels were full; checked this one it was around 200 usd per night which is normally a good hotel anywhere but: 1. Bed is almost as old as the building 2. No refrigerator 3. Bathroom is the smallest I’ve seen in my life smaller than those of a cruise ship 4. No isolation at all; noise 24/7 5. Talked to reception he told me you know trump; you know fake news; photos are fake news 6. Breakfast is cheese and bread 7. Rooms are small that only person can open his luggage and then close it. I’m sorry I had to write this but this is the truth. Destroyed my vacation in Rome! Very sad.

Only location.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

customer service 2 thumbs up.

no safe for valuables to put in.

customer service 2 thumbs up. all staff day and night very helpful and professional. location, rooms and room service is a plus, with complimentary breakfast can't complain. its a must stay in..i do recommend the hotel.

Location is amazing, overlooking Trevi Fountain, you can not...
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Internet in not the best and its slow , you have to enter passcode all the time even though you are in the hotel room, it wasn’t automatically connected and was nuisance.

Location is amazing, overlooking Trevi Fountain, you can not have better location central and walking distance to all sites. We stayed in room 105 with direct view of fountain....

Fontana di Trevi: our sleeping lullaby!
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Price is of course a little higher for this kind of hotel, but, as said, it´s good if you stay only 1-2 nights

The Hotel Fontana find itself in the perfect position for travellers that stay only 2-3 days in Rome. OT: You may want to see whole Rome, but in 2-3 days it´s impossible. BUT! From the Hotel Fontana you may reach on foot 99% of the famous monuments and panorama and let you enjoy the nightlife in Rome without going much further. We stayed only one night in Hotel Fontana and everything was perfect. Personal really kind, room comfy and clean with this old-italian-style touch that you may expect to find right in front of the Fontana di Trevi. Breakfast was ok, not much to choose, but good.

Location and view of the Trevi Fountain
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

It’s a 3 star hotel that’s way over priced. 5 star hotels were less expensive then this hotel. But the location was perfect with a few rooms that have a perfect view of the Trevi fountain.

Location and view of the Trevi Fountain

Great stay, great location and would recommend
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

We felt the attention to detail on arrival was minimal on the layout of the hotel and breakfast etc... the staff at reception could be a little more friendly arriving and throughout the day as you pass in and out through the lobby reception area. We like to explore some non tourist areas to eat which front desk offered nothing but we did find some excellent Asian near by as we were tired of pasta and pizza. Breakfast on the roof top was great overlooking the Trevi, but breakfast is minimal with over cooked boiled eggs.

Our room, top floor with a view of the Trevi was good. The room is small with very limited space with 2 large suitcases and hand luggage. The bathroom is small and acceptable but not water ran hot and cold which was a little annoying. As a tourist we just based ourselves here to sleep while we discovered Rome. It was a great location but with a tourist destination on your doorstep is was busy. Overall a good stay and would recommend. Please check out Restaurant Bocanno near by for a good meal and lovely bar and superb bar staff. Having views of the Trevi was nice and exciting.

Location was excellent.

The smell of the bathroom was a bit uncomfortable and cleaning of the bathroom also.

Location was excellent. They upgrade us in Fontana di trevi window view and that was the best part. If you don’t get this room with the view it is just a regular hotel. there also other hotel options nearby for early wake up to visit Fontana without the crowd.

The only thing I enjoy about the hotel was the view of the fountain from my room.

The hotel was not kept to date. Hair was found in both around the toilet and shower. The hotel did not met my expectations considering what they charge me and the deceiving pictures I saw online.

I only like the location of the hotel.

We had a great time in Rome despite small hotel rooms, Location fantastic Trevi fountain
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

There was no mattress with the cot for the baby had to make do with spare bed cover in wardrobe. location is second to none but felt like a hostel rather than a fairly expensive hotel. I thought your paperwork said I had paid the city tax but I had to pay another 48 euros on leaving. The rooms are very small.

Location Location Location

Delightful stay! Clean, helpful staff, romantic setting. Easy walking to all of Old Town Rome.
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Old elevator or 3 flights of stairs. But both were very doable.

The breakfast had great variety and had a great view out the window of Trevi Fountain. We were worried about noise being so close to Trevi but discovered that even with the window open at night the fountain made white noise that covered any tourist sounds. The view from our window on the fountain was awesome!

I loved the hotel, the location is Excellent!

I loved the hotel, the location is Excellent!! Breakfast needs to be improved! Zac is a scary person bit nice in an odd way :/ overall I loved the stay in the hotel bate in mind that the room soze is very tiny :)

great location,every time I'm in Rome I stay in this...

The stuff are lazy actually,the simple request to help buy train tickets the answer was we just don't do it,just because.And it was problem with the booking-i've booked the non-refundable room and given the credit card,but it was failed to charge,so whithin 11 hours I,ve mailed the new card number,but the hotel didn't even check the mailbox and simply has cancelled my booking

great location,every time I'm in Rome I stay in this place whatever.Nice breakfast on the terrace

Location was excellent and the roof top dining room was...

We were in room 302 which was an attic room, the bathroom had 4 steps leading down into it which both my husband and myself missed the bottom step, the bath had no shower door or curtain around it so we had to be careful not to get water on the floor as we could have slipped being a marble floor. The hair dryer was positioned on the wall above the bath which was not very good as realistically you could only dry one side of your hair as it wouldn't reach to the other side unless you tried to turn around then you couldn't see what you were doing. Would also have been nice to have had tea and coffee making facilities in the room especially on waking when it's nice to have a cuppa before getting ready. I understand from one of the receptionists that the hotel is going to be done up as at the moment it is very dark.

Location was excellent and the roof top dining room was great with excellent views over the Trevi Fountain. We had air conditioning in our room which we didn't use , the bed was comfortable and made every day and also had clean towels daily. The room had a tv which we did not use. The hotel does have a lift. We found the receptionists very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was a buffet and plenty to choose from.

Hotel Fontana
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Very noisy and crowded area. Initially I received a very small room with almost no view and a tiny bathroom. Make sure you are getting what you pay for.

Amazing view, very central location

Great place to explore Rome from

The hotel is a little more tired than the pictures suggest, sound proofing on the windows is minimal and the bathroom wasn't ideal as you soaked all of it when showering! With the fantastic location unfortunately comes a continuous stream of tourists and the associated commotions! Although comfy the hotel is more of a useful base to explore Rome from rather than somewhere you would want to spend time relaxing in.

The hotel is in a fantastic location over looking the Trevi Fountain and central enough in Rome so that you can easily walk to see the sites in all directions. The staff we were all very pleasant and happy to help.

Amazing location and a room with a spectacular view
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

The bathroom is very small and outdated. It also smells like old water. Our room was very warm during our March stay. We opened the windows to let the spring air in, but I wonder if it would be uncomfortable in hot summer months. We would still stay again. We read other reviews and didn’t expect a luxurious bathroom. We knew we were paying for location, and other than the smelly bathroom everything was nicer than I expected based on other reviews.

You can’t beat this location. We stayed in room 106 (a room with a view), and the view is spectacular. Because your window literally overlooks Trevi Fountain, expect some noisy nights. Even when people aren’t making noise, the sound of rushing water is quite loud (and possibly relaxing). The building is old, but the bed was large and comfortable. We liked the character the old furniture provided. The breakfast is decent, and you can eat while looking out the window with a fountain view. They were nice enough to let us check in early, which was very helpful. We didn’t use the facility for more than a place to sleep, but overall we enjoyed our stay and our expectations were met. The only downfall was the bathroom. It is very small and smelled. We would stay again.

My 3rd trip to this hotel. Definitely will be back.
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

We had adjoining rooms and the bathroom for one of the bedrooms had a sewer odor coming up from the pipes.

The view from our room was frameable!!! Incredible. You can’t beat the location!!!

I did loved the LOCATION >>>> and I will stay again in the same Hotel Fontana for location.

the bed was too hard and the bathroom too small for my standards.

I loved the view from the breakfast table...The Trevi Fountain was across the street...beautiful.

Overall very pleased, the breakfast room on the top floor overlooking the Trevi fountain was fantast

Paint work and carpets a bit shabby but clean and okay for a few nights.

Try and book room 105 or 106 for the best view of the Trevi fouintain but beware it can be noisy !

Location , location location
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Accept It's an old building and just squeezes in en-suite facilities

Location is the reason to stay here. Breakfast room overlooking fountain- fantastic !

Fantastic

The bathroom was a bit mouldy and the hairdryer is very out of date. We stayed at the back of the hotel so we did not have a nice view

Location was amazing, staff super helpful. Breakfast is alright, just continental but the view in the breakfast room is unbelievable. The bathroom was so pretty and the bed was comfy.

Would visit again.
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

There was no hook for the shower hose so it was hard to bathe.

The view was amazing. The location was so great. The room was very old but very authentic. Great breakfast.

very good location

The room was very small for 3 persons The bathroom is too small even for one person The breakfast location is very nice but the bread and patisseries were not fresh enough and the refreshing of the food was too slow to enjoy

Great spot if you get a room with a view over the Trevi

The Staff were generally rude - not all of them but some of them were really rude and generally unhelpful - avoid!!!

Location although crazy busy with Tourists

ROMA...what more do I need to say! My heaven.

Could be a bit noisy but we didn't mind. Cleaning people do not replenish required amount of toiletry daily. We had 1 soap bar for 3 days between 2 of us, had to ask for toilet rolls...little weird.

Location is excellent, everything is within walking distance, hotel can arrange airport shuttle, tours. Breakfast is good. Staff is fantastic!!!!!

Incredible location, right in from of the Trevi Fountain.

Incredible location, right in from of the Trevi Fountain. Staff were very friendly and provided lots of useful information for making the most out of my stay in Rome. Rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel, I will definitely stay again next time I am in Rome.

Great location and breakfast views. Feels tired and needs an update.

Fourth stay at this hotel, but the worst room by far. Very cramped, shower is tiny, as is the bathroom. Needs updating. Always crowded at the entrance, though given the location, is to be expected.

The breakfast room is the great attraction, overlooking the Trevi Fountain. Central location, easy to walk to all major attractions in Rome, plenty of restaurants nearby.

Breakfast view was amazing you are right above the Trevi...

You needed to log on to wifi every time it disconnected which was a bit annoying

Breakfast view was amazing you are right above the Trevi fountain. Incredible location.

the bed was very comfortable.

room and bedroom was very small.there was a cabinet without shelf.I could not my stuff go out from my luggage.and there was a air conditioner but only for bed side.rest of the room was very hot.breads not good for breakfast.

the bed was very comfortable.Location of the hotel was perfect.

The staff was super helpful.

WIFI Login - each time you leave the hotel and then return you need to log in anew, i.e. to reenter the user and password once again (combination of lots of letters and digits), which is a bit annoying :)

The staff was super helpful. I forgot my passport at the hotel and discovered it only when I was trying to check-in at the airport, just 2 hours before the flight. I called the hotel and they sent my passport to the airport by taxi. Just in time to check-in for the flight.

Awful hotel with amazing view
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

This was the third time I have stayed here and the only reason I stay here is because of its location and view if you have paid for it. Firstly the staff are probably the unfriedliest I have come across in a hotel. They grunt when they say hello to you and even tho they answer any questions you may ask it is done abruptly. The front desk is a total mess. Disorganized untidy and looks like it hadn't been cleaned for a very long time. All staff from what I can tell a males who have been working there for most of there life. The only two females I saw was the cleaning lady ( I think she cleaned the whole hotel) there was one other women at breakfast not sure what she did there as there was also a male there ran the breakfast. Breakfast was preety ordinary. Nothing to write home about. The room (106) had the best view. But that's it!! No fridge no safe. One cupboard that you could not even open the door of as there was not enough room. Bed was horrible and hard as well as the pillows. The worst bathroom. Only a hand held shower over a small bathtub. Squashed up against the toilet. You had to actually close the door to get into the bathtub, The whole hotel is old. Very old. It smells very bad. Probably from staff smoking. Carpet torn in most areas. It really needs a makeover or renovation. It has probably not had one in years. As I said the view is amazing. I think it would benefit if it had a few female staff there instead of grumpy men.

Fabulous----would go back without hesitation.
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

fabulous and unique location. Air conditioning was excellent and quiet, very important during our stay in the height of the hot season of August! The hotel is what is ----if you want a 5 star hotel with a pool, go somewhere else. If you want an hotel with character and want to be actually at the Trevi Fountain, there is nowhere else!-----happy to pay the price.

Location, location, location

The room was basic although the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was poor.

The location was excellent. Across the street from Trevi Fountain and walking distance to most of Rome's attractions.

Staff was friendly and nice but the facility was sub par.

Small dirty rooms with nearly non existant bathrooms. Showers wouldnt drain and were barely big enough to fit in. the last evening of our stay the AC failed in the entire hotel.

Great Location, ok rooms, but very small bathrooms. Would go back.

Smallest bathroom I've ever been in! Could hardly move in the shower. Reception staff weren't the friendliest or welcoming.

Location was fantastic. Central to everything and breakfast/evening drinks in front of the Trevi a real treat. Air con and beds were good also. Isaac was a great help, outshone the reception staff.

Lovely Boutique hotel with sub standard service

The staff were very rude and it seemed like It was an imposition for them to have me check in. I was disrupting what seemed like a personal phone call that seemed more important. I called reception to ask a question about my air conditioning that wasn't working and the response was I don't speak English and he hung up the phone. It's a shame after my last hotel where I had exceptional service to have had such a bad reception.

The location is wonderful, and breakfast overlooking the fountain is magic.

Basic but OK for the price

Toilet-badly designed . Too small for average person. Short so that it was impossible to shower without splashing water all over floor which had no drainage.

Comfortable bed. Good breakfast

Trevi Fountain at your doorstep

Shower nozzle in our room was faulty and wifi kept dropping out we had to get new passwords several times.

Breakfast buffet continental style and Breakfast room on the top floor looking down at the Trevi Fountain priceless. Location excellent Trevi Fountain at your doorstep, Panthenon less than 10 minute walk and Spanish Steps 15 minutes walk. Supermarket deli 2 doors down, bars and restaurants, gelaterias, fruit stand surrounding the fountain and on the strip.

overall I liked the rooms for their old decor and charm. Location is everything.

there was a patio that we used for an hour here and there to just sit and relax. This space could be cleaned up a bit.

This is a very old building. Apparently was build in 700s. The location is amazing. The beds are comfortable. AC didn't work that well but was ok. All rooms and bathrooms are super small but considering the age of the building what can you expect. I stayed in two rooms, 4 days before a cruise and 1 day after before departing Roma. my suggestions: 1) Get rid of the TV and the TV table. they take too much precious space that can be used by travelers. Also, nobody comes to Rome to watch TV. 2) remove the giant antique wardrobe and install many hooks on the walls for hanging coats, purse and others. overall I liked the rooms for their old decor and charm.

Best location you can get, but don't expect luxury.
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

The rooms are very very basic and cramped. The bed did squeak non stop with the slightest of movement but the rooms are clean and the air conditioner worked a treat. Also the free wifi kept going off and was difficult to get onto at times so not great.

The location was amazing. Couldn't fault it. We paid extra to have a room with a view and it was worth the money! The hotel is in an excellent location and within walking distance to most of the best attractions.

Fantastic stay in beautiful Rome !

Bathroom could have been a little bigger as there were three of us and the floor got rather wet from the shower !

Fantastic location right next to the Trevi fountain, and within walking distance of all the major sites Very old traditional Italian town house, loved it ! Read review before I booked the hotel and it said take ear plugs as very busy at night because of the fountain. Great idea !

Amazing location

The rooms are alittle on the traditional side. Smallish that's all. As you are exploring All day it doesn't matter too much but just to be where rooms are alittle dated.

The location of this property can no be beaten. The view from breakfast is amazing.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

THE BEST LOCATED HOTEL IN ROME!!!

Everything was perfect!!!

The hotel is an antique monastery very well preserved. The staff is kind and friendly, the breakfast is good but the most remarkable fact of this hotel is the VIEW. Just in front of the Trevi Fountain!! 24 hours a day of magnificient view of one of the wonders of Italy, with the sound of the water falling the whole day and night. The suite was small, due to the fact that it was an ancient monastery but was comfortable and cozy. White linen and a good breakfast in a terrace, also with the same view!!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

When in Rome...stay here!

The toilet did not flush well...small, but potentially annoying issue! (But...it could be everywhere). There are a ton of merchants on the streets and push roses and cheap kid's toys in your face...but they are everywhere! Just hold your bags close and push on through!

Amazing location and very close to everything! The breakfast was perfect and had the incredible view of the Trevi fountain. I would absolutely recommend this hotel!

Get a room with a view

My first room was tiny and had no window to see out of, a leaky air conditioner, no wifi service and the tv didn't work. My second room was offered at $50 extra Euros, but was not available until the following day. It offered an incredible view of the Trevi fountain, was much larger and had a bathtub. The TV was unavailable after 10pm.

The view of the Trevi Fountain is incredible and can not be beat.

Great hotel location.
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Great location, lots of bars n restaurant in the area. We had requested a superior room overlooking the fountain and we were not disappointed it was stunning only downside was it was rather noisy. Hadn't really thought about the noise of the water and the amount of tourists visiting the foundation so late at night. Would still definitely recommend the hotel as the location was great. Xx

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The only advantage of this hotel is the location, wouldn't recommend to stay in this hotel to anyone
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Airport pick up. The driver (airport transfer was booked via booking.com and provided by Fontana hotel) couldn't say a world in English, didn't help us with luggage. When we came to the hotel the receptionist asked us to pay by cash directly to driver, explaining that they can't accept credit card as they have no relation to this driver. After I got money from ATM and gave to the driver, they asked me to follow driver to get change. Room We booked Superior Double room with view, but the room they gave us was on the first floor with bath tube in which impossible for adult man to have a bath or shower. When we asked what is the type of the room they said, that we booked standard room, but they upgraded it for us. Wifi Working only on the third floor and also from time to time. In our room it was almost impossible to connect to internet, as I needed to check my work email everyday I had to look for a place with wifi outside of the hotel Breakfast There is a fantastic view from the third floor of the hotel to Fontana di Trevi, however, the staff is not friendly at all. If you would still drinking coffee at 10:05 am in the morning they would ask to leave as they are closed from 10am City tax They asked me to pay city tax by cash, which is very weird by my opinion (same as payment for airport pick up) In overall, by my opinion, this hotel has nothing to do with good service

The view from the room is great - Fontana di Trevi. The location is very convenient, you could get anywhere by walk.

The location was wonderful!
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

The experience met our expectations completely.

The location was wonderful! The view from our room exquisite. The breakfast food was quite adequate and the breakfast room and its staff were very good. We even enjoyed the sounds of the Trevi Fountain and its thousands of visitors. The window sealed nicely so we were able to shut noise out whenever we wanted to.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Maybe more fruit at breakfast.

Central location for all sights. Lots of restaurants outside the door. Typical Italian hotel not a big chain so small & friendly. Opted for view of fountain but found it too noisy and also fountain lit up all night, Changed next day to back room hotel had no problem changing room for us, turned out to be more spacious than front ones.

Suveränt läge på hotell
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

De hade ganska mycket störning med sitt wifi. Det var det enda negativa.

Läget på Hotellet fontana är oslagbart. Nära till allting då du är precis i mitten och kan därmed om du är som oss gå exakt överallt. Personalen är väldigt vänliga och känner igen de som bor på hotellet. Frukosten var helt okej, bestod av olika sorters vanligt bröd och sen olika sorters bakverk. I form av Pålägg fanns ost, skinka, mortadella, ägg, oliver, smör, och tomat. Tyvärr fanns endast ananas som frukt varje dag vilket var lite tråkigt om man är allergisk men i det stora hela så var frukosten helt okej. Utsikten från vårt rum var oslagbar, bilden på fontana di trevi är utsikten från vårt rum och ärligt talat bättre utsikt får du leta efter! Städning utfördes varje dag då de bäddade rent och bytte handdukar.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The fountain!
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Given the location you have to accept the noise and busy streets outside. Breakfast was very simple for what we paid and overall you pay a lot for the view but that was exactly what we wanted...

Amazing location with full view of the Trevi fountain from our room. Roof top breakfast room and bar. Friendly staff. Quirky antique interior.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

best holliday we have
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Perfect location,like in the midle of old Rome,same distance to every atraction we visit.Walking distance,no need of transport to coliseum,vatican and museums,saint

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Fabulous

Amazing hotel a true gem. Brilliant location with amazing views of the tech fountain from the restaurant. Authentic Italian style with helpful staff. Brilliant value for money.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Would stay here again, fantastic!

Bathroom a bit on the small side, perfectly usable for a weeks stay though.

The location is unbeatable, very comfortable beds in well presented rooms. Very helpful and friendly staff. The view from the breakfast room is first class.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Wonderful little gem
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Nothing- our room had a view of Trevi fountain- noisy , we didn't care but some might, the view was magnificent, the noise of the water amazing to us

Isaac was wonderful Breakfast lovely Love it so much Maria and Paul Dublin Eire

STUNNING view of one of Rome's finest attractions right...
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

No major complaints, a few minor annoyances: clip holding showerhead was loose and a bit fiddly to configure but fine once I figured it out - I have no doubt the staff would have been very helpful had I requested their assistance. Wifi requires daily login.

STUNNING view of one of Rome's finest attractions right from the room window. Great selection of pastries, meats and cheeses for breakfast. Friendly, helpful staff. Large, comfortable bed and plenty of towels provided. Aircon worked great. Amazing location, most major tourist attractions are within walking distance, e.g. Pantheon is about 10 mins away. Vatican is about a 30 min walk. On checkout day exhausted from walking around and facing over an hour on public transport to make it to the airport, staff organised a transfer to the airport for 50 euro, cheaper than an Uber, and let us sit in the breakfast area upstairs while we waited.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Fantastic Value

Would have liked some tea making facilities in the room, buts that's just the English in me.

Location and staff are amazing and it was very clean, great base for our long weekend. Although i would ask for a room at the rear of the hotel as it is super busy outside the front of the property right into the night so can be noisy.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Charming hotel, superb location.

The bathroom was very compact, but bijou! Very naff hair dryer and no facility to make a drink in your room.

Location, location, location!! In summer it might be a bit noisy with a window open if your room is at the front - but for us in January with a room to the side it was bang-on. Bed very comfortable with good quality linen. Hotel perhaps a little tired in places, but very charming. Breakfast at a table overlooking the fountain was fantastic. Compared with what you pay in London, I thought this was excellent value for money - would book again in a heartbeat! Comfortable walk from Termini Rail Station too - didn't need to use public transport at all (except from airport, which was really easy).

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

A view of the Trevi Fountain

The single room was tiny, had no safe, no tissues in the bathroom, no electric jug, and the breakfast was VERY ordinary. The cost of both a single and double room was high, given this is a 3-star hotel. You are paying for the location alone. A cup of tea or a drink on the terrace will set you back a small fortune. Would I stay there again? Well, I am already a repeat guest simply because I like the convenience of the location.

What this hotel has going for it is its location opposite the Trevi Fountain in the heart of Rome.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Beautiful views and central to all.
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

The bathroom was a little small, but was adequate. Shame the restaurant isn't open for dinner though.

The bedroom was a good size, and the view was spectacular from both our bedroom and the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Needs a face lift.
    • Double room with Trevi Fountain View

The colour schemes were depressing. Black ceilings were oppressive, making hallways dark and gloomy. The restaurant could be re-configured to make the most of the view.

Meeting Isaac was a treat. A lovely gentleman who has been there for 27 years. Breakfast was OK.

Thought it was far too expensive for the quality of the Hotel

Thought it was far too expensive for the quality of the Hotel

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

A little bit expensive for 3 star hotel

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

WIFI is spotty at best. Also, bathroom is small.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Expensive for what you get.

• Double room with Trevi Fountain View

Pictures on your site were misleading. Not vey clean.

The location !

Staff could be more kind and helpful

The location !!!

Overall very good

Small shower

Excellent position

Fontana de trevi

Vista invaluable!

Just opposite Trevi Fountain and with the luxury of...

Just opposite Trevi Fountain and with the luxury of overlooking the fountain in the morning while having breakfast was a treat.

Great location and views are fantastic

The shower and bathroom is so tiny but very serviceable. The guy on the desk could be a bit more friendly.

Great location and views are fantastic

Overrated.

Bathroom is so bad. Towels smell like cigarette.

Location is good.

Unbelievable location!

Located literally stone throws away from the Trevi Fountain! Unbelievable view from the breakfast room!!

Browse Hotel Fontana traveller photo gallery