Reviews of Gardaland Hotel 4 stars

Via Palù, 37014 Castelnuovo del Garda, Italy

#8 of 10 hotels in Castelnuovo del Garda

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The breakfast buffet contains all types of food which is...
    • Classic Double Room

We went to the restaurant 15 minutes before the kitchen closed and the waiters were abit rude, however the food was great and we still had a wonderfull dinner

The breakfast buffet contains all types of food which is very good for picky people about food, and the food was excellent. The rooms are excellent if you choose the one with balcony and we were very comfortable in the hotel as it is very close to gardaland park and there is a free shuttle which takes you there and the staff was great

We asked for a different room on another floor and Hotel...
    • Classic Double Room

We asked for a different room on another floor and Hotel offered it to us without additional payment or a problem. Great for holidays with kids and free shuttle bus to Gardaland. Amazing animation team.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

This hotel is absolutely excellent.
    • Classic Double Room

This hotel is absolutely excellent. Architecture and design is great. I enjoyed my time there very much. The staff is friendly and cooperative and does always its best to make the vacationers happy.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Pleasant, with minor drawbacks
    • Classic Double Room

To swim in the hotel pool, wearing a swim cap is compulsory - never experienced that before. The rooms are poorly insulated, so you get to listen to babies crying and parents yelling at their children. The waiters at Wonder Restaurant can't wait to take your plate. They circle around you like vultures and as soon as you put the last bite in your mouth and are still chewing on it, they remove your plate. The pricing at the restaurant is exaggerated. Wi-fi signal is poor.

The hotel has a great location, offers free parking and free bus ride to Gardaland Park. The staff is friendly, helpful and speaks perfect English. The pool area is well-maintained, peaceful and relaxing. Our room, which was the cheapest choice, was still big enough to accomodate three people and give us all plenty of space. The maids did a great job cleaning the room, I also loved the complementary water and empty fridge to cool it down. I was surprised to learn that the use of the room safe was free. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

The double room is spacious, even for 2 adults and 1 child.
    • Classic Double Room

The pool is 1.5m depth, which is not suited for children, even in the teens. It should have low depth areas.

The double room is spacious, even for 2 adults and 1 child.

Perfect hotel for kids.
    • Classic Double Room

All the activity in italian so hard for english speaking kids to take part. Aweful playlist in the swimmingpool, We asked for it to be changed but it was not possible. This is all minor stuff and didn't affect our over all stay.

Perfect hotel for kids.

Big and comfortable rooms.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast everyday the same and taste of the food is not the best.

Big and comfortable rooms. Big hotel area lots of entertainment for kids. Nice swimming pool.

Great place to stay while going to gardaland just need cooler rooms !
    • Classic Double Room

We stayed in mid June so that means it's very warm I wish the room AC would have gotten a little cooler my only compaint I asked the desk staff about it they say that's the temperature it stays at its about 5 degrees to hot in the rooms at night .

Have stayed here numerous times and have always been impressed by the staff and the accommodations best hotel in the area

The room was amazing and we could see the fountain from our...
    • Classic Double Room

The room was amazing and we could see the fountain from our balcony. The breakfast was full of different types of fresh food which was very good. The staff there is extremely helpfull. We were very satisfied with the experience and will surely go back there again.

Fairy tale for big and small! Amazing place.
    • Classic Double Room

I felt like i was in a fairy tale. The place is amazing. The staff is very friendly. The bed was comfortable. The view from our room was very beautiful. my daughter was excited. Will visit it again.

It is good for kids but if you want to feel the real Italian...
    • Classic Double Room

Expensive breakfast but good cheap for bag snacks around the pool

It is good for kids but if you want to feel the real Italian experience this is not the place for u. Personally two nights is enough. You can get free gardaland theme bus outside hotel to take you to gardaland and also Peschiera de garda train station. It is expensive the breakfast and didn’t have it. Take your own swim cap has if not you have to to pay for one 5 euros each.

TERRIBLE STAY EVER!!
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel charged me for 1 year child with unused single bed. When I called the reception to ask for baby crib, they refused to provide and asked me to come to reception. The people who are supposed to help us are very impolite. If you don't speak Italian then you are screwed. We had a feeling of unwelcome in the hotel. Rooms are very small and old. My daughter fall and bled from nose and mouth and they couldn't guide us to the nearest hospital. We drove alone demanding on GPS (unforgotten night!).

The activities for kids are nice and my kids enjoyed it especially meet & greet with Peppa Pig.

Not going back. Could of course be suitable for people with very young children. Like under 12y.
    • Classic Double Room

Check in and check out was slow. Eventhough I’ve booked through booking. Also breakfast was not included. And 15€ is per person is not worth the noise and poor food. Not easy to see on booking that it’s mot included , since price was high. And this place doesn’t have much other possibilities. Also, had to pay for swimming cap to use the pool. Noisy place.

Free shuttle bus to/from Gardaland

everything is of good guality (facilities, bed, location,...
    • Classic Double Room

there was nothing that could have spoiled my good impression of the hotel

everything is of good guality (facilities, bed, location, food). total value for money.

Nice building ,thats all .
    • Classic Triple Room

Approach ,stuff is trained to charge extras in a rude way .Also we booked two rooms and should be connected or next to each other .When we asked for this during check in the reception lady was so rude and told us that ''I cant knock the other guests rooms and tell them to get out ''This is the very first time in my life i faced an approach like that ,not nice at all ,especially in front of my kids .

Beautiful Nice Hotel
    • Classic Triple Room

The time at check in. We were waiting for about 50-60 min after 15.00 hours.

The hotel is great! Lots of places to take pictures, nice restaurants, nice entertaiment for the children. Room was great, just as shown in the pictures. Very good breakfast, very good orange juice, lots of food to chose from. Also, very nice staff, especially at breakfast!Good value, I would definetly come back again!

Good for visiting lake Garda
    • Classic Double Room

We were offered a supposed upgrade and were given a room like a circus but we are a couple older than 65 without children!!!

Good option for transit when traveling by car

Great location, Discount tickets to Gardaland.
    • Classic Double Room

Hotel manager can be nicer and thoughtful and not just reply "I'm a manager with no power"...

Great location, Discount tickets to Gardaland. The hotel team is great and very pleasant.

Comfy bed and nice overal feel in all locations of hotel.

Pool was way too cold!

Comfy bed and nice overal feel in all locations of hotel. Great staff! Very helpful. Discounts for Gardaland tickets and VIP entrance to park

Great location, very convenient.
    • Classic Double Room

Being at Garadaland, I was hoping for themed rooms with a strong personality. The room was clean and OK but it lacked of the WOW factor I was hoping for. Breakfast is not included in the rate, which is quite unusual for Italy.

Great location, very convenient. Free outside parking.

Excellent to sum it up...
    • Double Room with two separate beds

It is not that what I did'nt like.. I did'nt realize it is just mainly for young kids.. my sons are 18 and 16 years old and they felt awkward at start..

The room, breakfast, location

Never again
    • Classic Double Room

The staff were very grumpy and unhelpful. When we first arrived they did not show us round or even let us know where the swimming pool was as it was quite hidden. We were shouted at by a guest for laughing to loudly, we had a terrible stay here

Magical.
    • Suite

Although it may be on the expensive side, you will definitely get what you pay for. Large rooms,all you can eat breakfast, numerous activities all throughout the day to include in arcade room magic show,a play, pool, Face paint for kids gift shops, free shuttles to and from Gardenland,and a bellboy to carry your luggage when you arrive straight to your room.

Would never stay here again. Horrible and over priced
    • Classic Double Room

Rudest staff ever in a hotel. Dirty sheets. Had to pay extra for my baby and then another extra fee for a border to the bed after paying extra for a baby (normally free). Check in was 45min long and the receptonist lazy to the point of aggressive. no help w luggage if you leave at 7am. and our room was in a smelly annex

To be honest there was nothing we liked except the elevator.

All the money that I've paid in the hotel, was charged...
    • Classic Double Room

All the money that I've paid in the hotel, was charged twice - first buying and then blocking them again, the same amount, from my card. I will never return to this place.

We enjoyed our time in Garda area. The area has a lot of activities to offer for families.

We travel a lot, but this is one of the worst customer service I have ever encountered: we booked 2 family rooms for 4 nights 5 months in advance and contacted the hotel to ensure the rooms are next to each other and have a garden exit. Despite the confirmation in writing, the rooms we received were in different floors, none of them on the ground floor with a garden exit. After VERY long discussions (~1 hour) with the hotel stuff, they admitted that they had had a mistake, and promised to switch our rooms the next day, and transfer our luggage between the rooms so we won't need to spend more time because of this mistake. As a compensation they offered us a 10% refund on the first night and free breakfast. The next day, we were asked to check out from the rooms by 11am, deposit our luggage at the reception and come back at 3pm to recieve the keys for our new rooms (as if we are new guests). Very rude and not at all as promised!!! After another long hour of discussions with the hotel stuff, we recieved our rooms at 1pm, and discovered that the new rooms are also not next to each other. This time the stuff denied that they made such a promise. This is how we spent 25% of our long-desired vacation... Besides this incident, there is nothing special in this hotel for children. They have a pool, and a games room (extra cost). The hotel advertises a rich children program, but except for 30 minutes of dancing in the pool for small kids, there is nothing much to do in the hotel.

We had the Junior suite which was very comfortable for a family with 2 kids. The proximity to Gardaland is very convenient.

Great Family hotel in amazing grounds
    • Suite

Great place, thought the tickets for the park where included but still, I do rate this place very highly, even if it meant wearing a skull cap to use the pool, a brilliant place for two nights :)

We were upgraded to the theme room and it was pleasant...
    • Classic Double Room

We were upgraded to the theme room and it was pleasant surprise for my daughter. You can also get the present from the safe box in your theme room if you get the right answers :) Perfect location and very family hotel.

• Classic Double Room

The hotel was so comfortable and clean..I booked for a classic room last year and they gave me a circus room, this year they gave me a princess kingdom room.. my daughter was so happy because it was a great gifts for her birthday..Hoping to return again next year..

children love it
    • Roulette Themed Room A

If you book themed room over booking then its for 3 persons but if you go directly to hotel then its for 4 persons. We booked themed room over Booking and we had to pay at hotel for second child. When we booked themed room nobody contacted us to tell us that we cannot choose a room. We asked for Kung Fu panda room, there was no answer or explanation that its not available. When hotel charged us, then I received mail that room is not available. No comment for that. After a whole day in water park we came back to room and door were wide open. We found out that cleaning lady left it like that FOR WHOLE DAY! We received plate of fruit as apology from hotel. This was nice gesture. But still... computers, mobile, passports, some money.. it was all available. Breakfast is 15 Eur and its the worst breakfast I had in my life. Choice is terrible. if you want omlete you have to pay more.. but finally they have salad- they didnt have it till this year- only cookies and cakes.. Italians love sweet breakfast- but this is hotel for other nations as well!

hotel has security persons all the time. good wi fi, great pool, close to Gardaland. children really love it.

Children's paradise
    • Classic Double Room

Nice hotel with large, comfortable and clean rooms. Large swimming pool. Good breakfast and a big choice of dinner options. We were very excited to get a free upgrade to a princess themed room which made the experience for our daughter even more magical.

Great family hotel with an excellent pool.
    • Suite

They could of had a lock on our room! It costs €37.50 for breakfast but in terms of Italian prices this is ok. 1 child goes free for every couple and the under 12's are 1/2 price. The coffee machine was positioned under a sloped wall! I got a few bruises before moving it!

We had a suite so we had privacy from the kids plus we had a coffee machine for our morning espresso and the kids had a double bed each. There was a free shuttle bus to the Gardaland park and to Peschiera town centre. The room was tidied twice a day.

Had a nice stay.. but wouldn't rush back!
    • Classic Double Room

Pool wasn't very big.. and cold! I think it was a bit pricey tbh. Not really worth the price if you were to just hang out at pool & hotel... food was a rip off!

Staff were friendly. Close to great beachy areas on the lake.... make for a lovely day out! Chamber maids good at keeping rooms clean & good air con! Super close to gardaland.

childfriendly facilities (childrens toilettes in the new...
    • Classic Double Room

They tried to give us a room where previous guest had smoked. One could see that the walls had been tried to be cleaned, but only to the hight a person could reach. It is an expensive hotel, thus I was annoyed that they just tried to see I we would accept the room. We got another room right away after complaining. Generally the comfort was good, however without a car one would be lost, as it is near nothing. Two annoying things were that none of the employees seemed to enjoy working there and that there were no clean glasses in the room.

childfriendly facilities (childrens toilettes in the new parts of the resort)

Best family place
    • Suite

Ones time I like to stay on the garden at the night and because the restaurant are close so I used the tables out side and I had my dinner from MC Donald with my children, but I had the lady mangers from the restaurant very ungry and with high voice said it's not aloud it's not picnic here , I was embroidered for me and the children to take the food and and go to the rooms , if they aloud to use the garden it will be better . The other thing I booked a ticket for my son from the hotel for garda land but when I arrive there they told me your son are young and less than the 1m so you shouldn't buy ticket , so when I return back to the hotel it was big story to refund the ticket .so I leave it .

From the best place for children big garden to play and big swimming pool with some activities for them and so comfortable and nice

A family hotel?
    • Classic Double Room

The staff member that checked us in at the reception desk was extremely unfriendly. We were with 3 kids (2 under 6 months of age) and it took them 40 minutes to give us the rooms (no queue at all) We also tried to ask for one room to start feeding the little ones, we had a negative answer. Many others staff members were kind and caring. The price for the cake and "Prezzemolo" to celebrate my daughter was quite high (130 euros for a small cake). In terms of value for money, everything is a bit overpriced.

Not so nice
    • Classic Double Room

Below 4* standard, no coffee set in the room, no vanity sets nor separate shampoo etc. only large pump universal liquid. Used bathroom, very small shower. Much below expectations.

I liked the location and it's accommodations

They charge for The towels at the pool, the buffet was too expensive for the food expended, dinner and breakfast, at the bar near the pool

I liked the location and it's accommodations

Artificial, not up to expectations
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was not very qualitative compared to the high price (positive that children ate for free). Crazy that the hotel asks swimming caps in a holiday resort especially in summer time. We did not spend any time on the pool area for that reason.

Near Gardaland, shuttle bus from the hotel to Gardaland

The park is good
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel charges every thing such as baby crib. To use swimming pool you must buy head cover which is not necessary and not common. The location not attached to the park. The room type are different as classic and themes

The price is good

Its quite close to the park and there is animation for...
    • Classic Double Room

value-vise. and although we searched for a hotel with 2 adults + 1 child who sleeps in the same bed as we do, it seems booking booked us 2 adults (so did they claim at the reception), and we had to pay the supplement which makes a genius* deal just a regular deal and knowing that prior to coming to the reception (at 22.00) we might reconsider. Its not the supplement its the concept of marketing it bothers me.

Its quite close to the park and there is animation for children etc.

Wasn't that great.
    • Classic Double Room

TV didn't work. We were put in a family room with interconnected rooms instead of a double room we originally booked, really noisy neighbours till 12:30am, thin walls. There was a difficult language barrier between us and the staff. And the unnecessary cover charge for sitting down whilst eating at the hotel bar.

Pool was nice.

• Classic Double Room

Receptionist don't consider details of booking request! , they blame it on Booking.com! Nothing special in the hotel to enjoy the kids! The rooms were no provided with tea and coffee making kits! If you need to have one you will need to walk long to the bar!

Swimming pool

Great family hotel
    • Classic Double Room

In the pool you need to have caps on the head, you can buy it there (5 eur/pcs) or you can bring your own. You can not charge anything to the room, you need to have money with you at the pool area.

Very nice room, big and clean, great breakfast, many happenings for the children in the hotel and swimming pool. The bus to Gardaland goes every 30 min., and it is just 800 m away.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Perfect hotel for families
    • Classic Double Room

They charge money for towels in the pool , the food in pool bar is horrible, checkout is early at 11:00 , there is no private beach .

Nice rooms , free parking free wifi stunning seeening pool

Recepcionist Albertino F. very rude and unhelpfull
    • Classic Double Room

Recepcionar Albertino F.was unpleasent and rude.He was unhelpful and we Had to Wait our Room untill 3,30 pm,,our Room wasn t ready and when they gave us the Room it was dirty without slippers, shower gel.we were very disapointed.

Been to this hotel before and stayed in a junior suite.
    • Classic Double Room

Been to this hotel before and stayed in a junior suite. Went again and stayed in a regular room. We were treated like we were inconveniencing them. Service was terrible.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

It is ideal for an adventure weekend with kids.
    • Classic Double Room

The price for breakfast is too high. The staff could have been a bit more friendly, especially to children. The extra bed is not a bed, but an uncomfortable sofa. Our kid had to sleep in our bad.

It is ideal for an adventure weekend with kids.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Overall we enjoyed our stay, we will come back for sure.
    • Classic Double Room

The price for the buffet dinner. 27 euro /person is a little over rated for the dishes served. There were a lot of guests in the restaurant for the buffet dinner and the food was nearly enough. The crowning ceremony for prince / princess : too many and not so safe stairs for little kids to climb and a little extra attention should be paid to the little one's self esteem : there were 2 girls with the same name, only one of them had the ceremony paid for. When the name was called the other girl, obviously excited that she will become a princess, began climbing up the stairs . The mistake was discovered and the little girl was taken off the stairs crying and not understanding. It was very wrong, although her parents did not pay the fee , the ceremony should have been held as I am sure the parents would have paid the fee later.

The room was clean an comfy. Very helpful staff.

Family fun weekend!
    • Classic Double Room

While the room was clean and very nice, the bed/pillows could have been a little softer. The pool was also very nice, but for use of the towels, a deposit is understandable, but to also include a charge I feel wasn't necessary.

The staff was absolutely amazing with my family, we traveled with our 3 yr old son and our 5 month old. They had entertainment daily for the kids and even a ventriloquist that could change languages in a second without hesitation. The breakfast buffet had a good spread and the grounds were clean and beautifully landscaped. There was a park shuttle that came every 30 mins which was very convenient and tickets are sold at the hotel at a discount rate for guests.

Fun and friendly
    • Roulette Themed Room A

Everything Needs to be payed, even the towel at the Swimming pool. All Hotels around the world give the towels for free... The details in the decoration are worn out. Some refurbishment work would not harm.

Very friendly staff. A dream for families with small children. Well served with shuttle bus. Happy atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Very friendly and helpful staff throughout gardaland hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

Ate in Tutankhamen restaurant,staff very rude and appear unhappy!change of job maybe? Did not feel respected as a paying customer.

Very friendly and helpful staff throughout gardaland hotel. Professional and very approachable.

Super friendly staff
    • Classic Double Room

it's annoying that the hotel tries to charge you money for every single thing Value for money is not there dinner and breakfast are average at best but quite pricey room was quite cold

Super friendly staff Non stop live entertainment at the hotel, feels like a non-stop party

Garden well kept.
    • Suite

Industrial welcome. Not friendly staff. Very noisy common rooms and spaces (can't hear each other without shouting). Very strong sewage odour in the bathroom (suite). Everything done to increase the expense; like charging a happy hour fee to the children if you go for a drink.

Garden well kept.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Disorganized staff and overpriced breakfast
    • Classic Double Room

Check-in experience was really bad. Approximately 30 minutes per room and check-out was just little bit better. Reception desk staff is fully disorganized and computer system they use is too slow and unreliable. Breakfast at additional cost of 15 eur is way too expensive having in mind you have to pay extra for simple meals like fried eggs and wait in line to be seated every morning. Staff at the reception desk does speak English, but not as good as you shoud expect in such hotel.

Parking is free, big enough and close to the accommodation. Rooms are clean. There's a free bus to Gardaland park.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Nice and clean rooms with excellent breakfast.
    • Classic Double Room

There is no heating in the rooms, only air conditioning. This is very uncomfortable in April. You can get an electric heater, but it is very noisy.

Nice and clean rooms with excellent breakfast.

We were freeze

We booked junior suite for 2 adults and 2 children, and upon arrival they told us they will charge extra for the kids. When I opened my email and showed them I booked for 4 people, they didn't even apologize for inconvenience.

We were freeze

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

The staff were really nice and they pay special attention to...
    • Classic Double Room

The rooms are very disappointing. The only things in there besides the furniture are towels, a big soap dispenser that is attached to the wall, and toilet paper. Guests, don't forget to bring everything - slippers, toothbrush, your own bar of soap, shampoo, comb and all other things you might otherwise expect to find in a 100 eur/per night hotel. You can buy your own bottle of water for 2 eur from a machine, the minibar is empty, and in winter the rooms were extremely cold (you do get a blanket. One!). This was really not worth the money. Didn't expect so little from Merlin.

The staff were really nice and they pay special attention to the kids, which is good. The hotel itself is nice, decorated, and has quite good breakfast. There is a shuttle to Gradaland park.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Considering this is a hotel for kids the staff at checkin...
    • Classic Family Room (2 Adults + 1 child)

Considering this is a hotel for kids the staff at checkin were awful... barely a word, not even a welcome to our 7 year old who has been waiting for this trip for months. The place was odd and not worth the money

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Read before you book to save time and money
    • Classic Family Room (2 Adults + 1 child)

I paid 300 euro per night for a room not bigger, than a bathroom and they ask extra 15 euro for baby bed, 5 euro for baby fence for the bed, shampoo dilute with water and poor breakfast for 15 euro where you get nothing. Not a single play room for a hotel that have mostly children guests. What a waste of time and money to stay there.

I wish I can write something here

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Nice hotel, very clean and professional staff...
    • Classic Double Room

I would expect fitness club and SPA area from such a big hotel located in such a nice place.

The location was nice, not far to Lazise where we wanted to spend time and well connected to highway without passing by Verona city center. Free internet, free parking. Rooms were very clean and mostly for families with kids it is the best choice around Garda Lake. Nice experience...

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

I love Gardaland so I could not stay better in other place

La doccia nella vasca

I love Gardaland so I could not stay better in other place

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Many expenses additional like room type ,taxes etc.
    • Classic Triple Room

Many expenses additional like room type ,taxes etc..

Kids friendly

Food

Kids friendly

If you go to Gardaland then the location is perfect.
    • Double Room with two separate beds

The rooms are below average for the price.

If you go to Gardaland then the location is perfect.

Every thing
    • Classic Double Room

Need more facilities in the room ( iron machine , electric kettle , sleepers )

Every thing

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

perefect for kids and family
    • Classic Double Room

There wan'ts any diverse about the food. The bread was't freash

perefect for kids and family

Location anf upkep of hotel

Food and unhelpful staff

Location anf upkep of hotel

breakfast is until 10 o clock.
    • Classic Double Room

breakfast is until 10 o clock. too early. we sleep whit our family.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The location and the activities for children in the hotel

Nice

Long que to check in

Friendly staff

Breakfast was delicious with great variety of choices and...
    • Classic Double Room

Pool was closed too early, 19:30 pm. Room they forgot to clean.

Breakfast was delicious with great variety of choices and professional stuff.

You come with a toddler after a long trip in time of lunch.
    • Classic Triple Room

You come with a toddler after a long trip in time of lunch. No lunch! 3 hotel restaurants and whole Gardaland - EVERYTHING IS CLOSED UNTIL DINNER.

Browse Gardaland Hotel traveller photo gallery