Reviews of Hotel Gemma 3 stars

Via Castiglione, 3, Casamicciola Terme, 80074 Ischia, Italy

#45 of 179 hotels in Ischia

I was very happy.

A family run hotel for over 50 years. Loved it's Italian authenticity. Bus stop right out front. Loved catching the local buses cheaply 3 day pass 11 euro. Views amazing.

• Quadruple Room

We were put in a room with bunks beds instead of two single beds which was not what I wanted.

Pool and restaurant area both amazing, view was stunning! Staff super lovely and helpful. Would book again in a heartbeat.

• Double or Twin Room

Would useful to have a small refrigerator in the room and an electric teapot.

The room was cleaned every day with new towels. Nice location and very kind staff.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is in a good location, close to shops and restaurants with a nice view of the sea. Surrounded by plants, an additional advantage is the swimming pool, because you need to walk a little about 10 minutes to the public beach. The staff was very nice and helpful, especially Mr Domenico and Franco :) It's a good place to relax at a reasonable price.

• Double Room with Sea View

Interesting family hotel, comfortable room, nice view from big terrace! Very tasty breakfast and dinner, perfect service!! We liked everything! MOLTO GRAZIE!! (Aleksandr&Iuliia)

• Double or Twin Room

Very friendly and familiar atmosphere. The owner and staff were extremely friendly, especially to our 2 year old daughter. The location is great between the two main harbours with good bus connection. The views from balcony and roof terrace are fantastic (ocean views!).

• Double Room with Sea View

Beautiful views from our room. The staff were attentive, lovely and kind. We arrived late and were hungry and the owner organised a takeaway pizza for us, collected it and brought to our room with plates and drink. Marvellous! The breakfast was fresh and included in the price. Lovely quaint hotel. Thank you- we will be back x

• Double Room with Sea View

-WiFi internet was very slow and network was missing sometimes, so used my mobile phone connection instead but this of course will bring an additional cost from my mobile carrier. - In the first two days of our stay, they were students in the hotel, so it was very noisy. - the dinner was not that good (penne al pomodoro were not made with pomodoro but with sauce from the can); - the TV did not have any english or foreign channels, mostly only Italian teleshopping, but we did not care, as spent very little time in the room. - rooms are a bit dated, decorations look old.

- Clean room (towels were changed daily, sheets were changed regularly); - Great sea views from the balcony or from the top floor; - Relaxing family atmosphere. - Good breakfast.

• Quadruple Room

The mattress was so hard but I think if I had approached the management they would have changed it for me

The staff are very friendly and the hotel owners are always there to assist and advise. Very family like environment

Hospitable and helpful hosts, delicious breakfasts, cosy rooms, warm and clean swimming pool and proximity to the ports and beach. Amazing views from the roof and dining area!

• Double Room with Sea View

Location was great. Bus stop was outside the hotel and within walking distance nearest town. Owners were sooo lovely and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We got the tickets to go to the springs near to the hotel half price. Highly recommended. Rooms were very clean. We got room with sea views amazing!! I would go back to Gemma!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

Only flaw was the traffic noise outside. The room was very clean and the towels were changed regularly but the bathroom fan was dirty. Also, when we first turned on the a/c, it blew the dust on the closet cabinet below. We were told that we should wear caps in the swimming pool but other guests were not obliged to do the same. The TV was very small, but we didn't watch it very much.

We seen a photo online of this island and decided to go there in our summer vacation. We traveled 1900km (plane, bus, ferry boat, bus) to get there and we would certainly return here. The view was great. The family that owns the property was very kind and helpful. Conditions in the room were optimal, terrace balcony was large. We also had a roof terrace, both of them had sun chairs We had a continental breakfast in the morning. Optional you could choose dinner at the location for extra 17Euros/person without drinks which was not bad value for the money. The pool was perfect, clean warm thermal water.

• Double or Twin Room

Little bit far from the port, but it's not an issue, there is a beach 15-mins walking from hotel

I agree with people who say “The quality is higher than price”, it was a good rest, very nice place and hotel. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Clean and good conditions for living. Nice pool.

• Double Room with Sea View

unfurtunatly we could stay just for 4 days.

me and my girlfried had a very good time in hotel gemma especialy because of the absolut cleaningness and amazig view from the balcony-terrace. the family runs the hotel probably for more than 60!!! years and the two brothers are real professional.close to oasi castiglione with 10euro discount.its not a modern hotel but would come back for sure.ps: there is a Saint old Lady thats runs a fruit herb shop from her garden. dont missed it

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Nothing - very good value for money

Welcoming and helpful receptionist on arrival. Nice balcony to sit out on with lovely view. Quiet and relaxing. 5mins on bus from port. Bus stop close to hotel to explore island. Breakfast fine. Bar to get a drink in evening Wifi worked well

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

The bed was not very comfortable.

Breakfast was excellent! They made us fresh coffee and omelettes in the morning. The view from the breakfast patio was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

I've got the worst room: window on the very frequented road and near the restaurant so the noise was awful. No wifi in the room.

Nice staff and breakfast. Good price. Near a bus stop.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

No wifi in the room.

Great staff! Views are priceless! Big comfy room! Nice pool! Dinner feels like a massive family dinner and it's delicious!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Quadruple Room

The only negative is that our bed was not very comfortable.

Gorgeous views. Clean facilities. Very nice pool, lots of areas for lounging on different levels. Family run business by a wonderful family that is attentive to your needs and took great care of us. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Nothing disliked

Lovely friendly staff who helped with everything. The view was stunning. The breakfast was adequate, and filling. Nice pool area. Nice bar area with a good view too. Only 15-20 minute walk to either port, we really enjoyed both ports for walks and drinks. Ischia is a stunning and wonderful place with the nicest of people.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. It was too firm, no padding, and I could feel the springs. I slept with pillows underneath me for comfort. We stayed with a large group of friends and they all said that the beds were very uncomfortable. If they replace the mattresses I would definitely stay again.

The staff was very accommodating and offered recommendations for the thermal parks and restaurants. The balcony was enormous and our dog loved it. The bathroom was spacious and very clean. The breakfast was delicious and they even offered eggs, meat, and cheeses. The breakfast room overlooks the ocean and is just perfect.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Quadruple Room

the staff was amazing! They were so welcoming and made us feel right at home. the Hotel had a good breakfast and the place was very clean and beautiful.

Bed

Availability of staff

• Double Room with Sea View

The hotel is in need of modernisation

Average

All good

Good ocean views. Thermal pool facilities. Great staff

It seems that the bed sheets were not changed during our stay.

The evening meals were great, except the overlooked vegetables.

• Quadruple Room

Bus was 50m from the property and could get you anywhere on the island. Beautiful sea view.

Mal insonorise

L accuril excellent, piscine thermale vue superbe

Wi-fi was very sketchy

The pool was lovely a good size. The staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The two young men who helped us were fantastic... Dominuca and Marco

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Poor breakfast choise

Perfect place to visit 2 thermas. Very friendly personal

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Perfect location, accommodations, facilities, and food. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

wifi could be better. Don't know if that requires more routers possibly but that would make a big difference. thanks for everything!

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

The bed smelled musty.

The staff treated us like family.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Bed not very comfy. Decor in need of updating.

Staff very friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

La gentillesse du personnel, la piscine thermale

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

The internet was VERY poor. My family and I didnt get any reception let alone any WIFI. The Breakfast was very bland just various types of breads and you have to order eggs.

Check in was quick and pleasant. We checked in early and they accommodated my family right away. Even got us complimentary drinks while we waited for our room.The check in clerk was super nice and the waitress was very sweet. Pool was amazing, as well as the view.Breakfast croissant were huge and fluffy! Everything was close by and their taxi service was extremely fast and cheap.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

I don't know where to begin... Paridiso! Everything at Hotel Gemma was a dream come true. The staff was incredible, I was greeted with smiles and accommodated well beyond my expectations. The room was fantastic, clean, great wifi (free), and I had an amazing sea view. I had some of the most incredible meals of my life (Breakfast and Dinner at the restaurant in the hotel overlooking the sea). The outdoor pool, jacuzzi, and surrounding gardens are breathtaking... I could barely tear myself away from the hotel to enjoy the rest of the island because I was so at peace there. I was given directions & information about anything and everything on the island. Also discounts to the local entry of the thermal spas 5 mins walking distance. The staff (beautiful family) truly went above and beyond to make me and all the other guests around me comfortable & happy. My overall stay was so reasonably priced It was unbelievable ... it was truly a priceless experience. The hotel is perfect for all types of travelers...solo, family, couples, etc. Ischia Island is a must see & hotel Gemma is a must stay! I did not want to leave...é stata Bellissima!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

Its up a hill from nearest town but bus stop is really close.

This is a family run business. They were welcoming and friendly. Swimming pool great. On main bus route. Excellent breakfast for Italy with omelet, bread, cereal, coffee etc. Room was clean and shower was powerful.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

The staff was so nice- they always remembered what I wanted to eat for breakfast and I could keep my luggage at hotel after my checkout until I left ischia. The pool is nice and relaxing and you can spend lots of time there, the environment is great with lots of families and couples - easy to bus as its right on the main road all buses pass. Lastly there are nice terraces scattered throughout the property- mine had a beautiful view of the water. I'm so happy with my stay in ischia I would 100% recommend this place!!!

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

Pool was super warm, too warm to cool you down.

Friendly staff, neat bedrooms, lovely views from the patio. Well located. Overall a great stay at a very reasonable price. Would return

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

Wi fi connection

Loved everyone. Marcos is the sweetest guy. Always around asking if we need anything. Domenico at the front desk couldn't make me laugh more. Had great time, family atmosphere. Great location (if arrive by Ischia Porto be prepare to pay a cab 15€ from Casamicciola 10€. But worth every penny to stay in Hotel Gemma. It feels hommy and comfortable. Just wifi is down but this is a problem in whole Italy.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2015

A lovely atmosphere in this hotel, with very friendly staff. The breakfast was a buffet and had a good selection to choose from. Staff were kind and helpful and went out of the way to make me feel comfortable. Has a swimming pool

• Reviewed: 13 April 2015

Can't recall anything wrong.

The room was big and clean. Breakfasts were tasty. Staff was friendly and helpful. The pool with warm salty water from the sea was just fabulous. The place was very pretty. The young handsome guy speaks very good english.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

The warm pool was luxury and even our small children (almost 5y and 6y) could swim there because the depth was 1m on the lower side :)!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

Fantastic hotel, lovely staff, brilliant breakfast and great pool area. Room was excellent, tidy and cleaned daily. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2015

Very very noisy!

The thermal pool

• Reviewed: 4 September 2015

It was all good.

Very nice hotel. Friendly staff. Clean and good conditions for living. Very nice pools.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Friendly atmosphere, great staff

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

very small and almost inaccessible shower bath

• Reviewed: 29 May 2015

Location, near town, port and bus stop

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

nothing significant

We liked especially the warm human atmosphere

Browse Hotel Gemma traveller photo gallery