Reviews of Generator Rome

Based on 2854 hostel reviews

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

All things was great!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

All things was great! The staff of the hostel was perfect! We had some misunderstanding at first about our booking but they done their best to make our accommodation there great! (Even better that we had booked) We had twin room, it looks really nice and cozy and has its own bathroom. Place is near termini train satiation.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Room was comfortable, AC was great for a July stay.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Unfortunately the location is less than desirable, witnessed a fight and pickpocket, and smells like hot garbage.

Room was comfortable, AC was great for a July stay. Was in a 6-person room and had 2 private bathrooms connected. Metro is right around the corner, terminus train station an 8 minute walk away, and it is a fairly easy walk down to the colosseum!

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Train station nearby.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very noisy place...But what to expect from a hostel!

Train station nearby..if you lose the train(just like me) is ok to rest couple of hours until the morning

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Very good place, close to the station and central activities.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very good place, close to the station and central activities. It's okay for work trips, there's a bar on 1st floor where you can stay to work on your stuff, WiFi is OK and free.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Private room was clean and spacious.
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Location wasn’t great, as a solo female traveller I didn’t feel safe coming back to the hostel late at night. I wouldn’t stay there again if I was travelling to Rome

Private room was clean and spacious. Bed was fairly comfortable by hostel standards. Hostel facilities were modern and they have a lift.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Affordable but not quite worth it
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

The brunette lady at the front desk was extremely rude. She blatantly ignored myself and other guests because she was too busy flirting and LOUDLY laughing with what seemed like a romantic interest. The next day around 6 pm we tried to sign up for the colosseum/Vatican tour and half my group was undecided so we asked if we could come back later at night to sign up and she said yes. We came back at around 7:45 and she rolled her eyes and told us that the office was closed and couldn’t help us. She completely omitted that there were specific hours so we were unable to sign up at all. Also the air conditioning was very weak regardless of how low we set the temperature. I easily get cold and was sweating all night from how how it was.

The decor was nice

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Fairly confortable
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

After check-out ,bagage strage : 1,5euro/1h...3euro/24h(only coins are acceptable)

This hostel was once a hotel or residence?Large and calm room!

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

It's very clean, comfortable bed, several plugs.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The breakfast costs 7 euros, it's expensive for what you have. The bar it's really expensive. No one in common area, no one to party. If you want meet new people this hostel it's not for you. The neighborhood it's not good at night.

It's very clean, comfortable bed, several plugs. Two bathrooms per room. Fast lift.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

The area in which the hostel is located in was very sketchy...
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The area in which the hostel is located in was very sketchy and very dirty., 2 streets up was a different world. The rooms were very clean but not very welcoming.. black walls not cool

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff were not nice or helpful. The said breakfast is until 11 and when I went at 10 the next morning they said they don't have €3.5 breakfast anymore but only the €9 one (????). The lock of the toilet door was broken and the flush doesnt work. When I left they said I can keep my luggage and showed me the room and they didn't mention anything about payment and I ended up paying €4 for it. There are common areas but you cannot bring outside food and need to buy their expensive burger (€12). You can't even use their fridge or sink and there was no hot water or microwave. Lastly it was close to the terminal but the area was dodgy af. I've lived more than 50 hostels and I'm mad.

Looks pretty on the outside.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Excellent hostel close to train station
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

On one hand location is great, if like me you had little time and needed close access to termini station - which is about 7 min walk, it’s not so close to the city center though.

Great hostel, spacious dorms, very clean, good common areas, a plug socket and light in each bunk, very helpful staff. Everything you could want.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Enjoyed our 7 day stay, will go back there in the future
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

Would have liked a freshly made breakfast. Bread was very dry. Would have loved a kettle in our private 3 person room.

Comfortable beds. Loved the interior design, cool bar, great friendly staff.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Fair stay
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I was staying in a 6-bed dorm. The room had no AC so it got pretty hot the whole day. The hotel was nearby the street and it got quite noisy at night. Beds didn't have curtains or anything so not so much privacy provided.

there were 2 bathrooms in my room with other 5 people so we didn't have to fight for the bathroom in the morning. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Not worth your money
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Shared a room with guys which was extremely uncomfy as nothing was mentioned on my booking confirmation that I have booked a mixed dorm; thus, I incurred additional room to upgrade to solo room the next night. Mixed dorm was too dusty not sure if they are cleaning the beds, bathroom and shower room. Buffet breakfast was pricey for few selections. 12 mins away from the roma termini station felt unsafe in the location of hostel. No towels & tissue provided in the mixed room.

I guess Rome branch is better than the one in Paris but still better to choose other hostel as generator in whole isn’t worth your money

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Two-tone. Great service half the time. No electricity or hot water in my room on my last day.
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Dominika at the bar is friendly and fantastic. One woman at reception was amazing and the other was rude, unhelpful, unprofessional and childish. Frankly, I haven't the time to describe my encounters with the latter but she has cost you a good review. The hotel is cool, clean and conveniently located. I stayed 3 nights. I was given the incorrect room on the first and had no electricity or hot water on the last. I was refunded some of the fee for that night but it ruined my last evening in Rome. So...thanks.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Walking distance, conveniently close to Termini Station, clean and modern place!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The hostel can be quite rigid and inflexible when it comes to certain things like paying for the room and breakfast or tours. They need your money right away!

The room was very clean and staying in a female dormitory, I felt very safe and comfortable. As it was such a cosy environment, I met wonderful girls at the start of my trip, which really made the stay at Generator even more memorable and friendly. It was a really great start to my trip! Generator staff were also very friendly and helpful. They were patient to explain about the main attractions in Rome, call up tour operators to check on tours and as I was afraid of my jetlag and walking too much doing the coliseum and vatican tours all in 1 day, generator staff managed to help me arrange with the tour operator to split the tours for me, so I did one venue per day over two days but paid for the 1-day tour package price.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

good for a night or two
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

the laundry services were very expensive and disgusting! you could tell by the amount of mold growing on the seals around the washing machine doors that they had not been cleaned in ages. and if you could get past that and do your laundry it was ridiculously expensive for a hostel. The special one night was Pizza and beer for 10euro. I was very disappointed to see that my pizza was freezer burnt pre-maid crust with leftover ham and cheese slices from the breakfast buffet thrown on it. worst food I had ever seen (if you can call it that).

the hostel was very close to the subway and it made it very convenient to get to other locations of the city. very close to the train station. the breakfast was decent. It was about a 10 min. walk to the Colosseum

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

High standards for a fair price
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The breakfast, especially "orange juice". I'm the type that requires food right after waking up, so I opted for breakfast in the hostel, but if you can wait, I'm pretty sure you can get something better for the same amount.

Everything! It was absolutely amazing. Two toilets in the room, including the one for handicapped people. The beds are super clean and comfortable, the interior design is cool af. I'm coming back for sure.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

really big deal. trendy hostel. nice services. close to the train
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I had few problems with the bathroom because I couldn't close the door. I think of the dinner wasn't worthy.

Amazing design of the place, there are a lot of services. Near the main train station. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Good price but poor location
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The location is near Roma Termini but you won’t feel safe walking around that area. Take a cab from Roma Termini to the hotel if you arrive alone. The room was super small, different from the pictures.

It was new, comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

The staff was great.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The toilets could have been a bit cleaner and taken care of. A couple more power plugs would come in handy.

The staff was great. The rooms were large, well lit and airy. The breakfast /hangout area was very pleasant and bright. Breakfast was good as was the coffee.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Shortly and agitated.
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Booked this hostel for one night, which turned out to be quite hectic. Initially the hostel staff put us in a very small room with little natural light. Besides that the electricity wasn't working. We asked for help from the staff and they quickly moved us to a larger, more friendly and bright room. However, from 5 in the morning we no longer slept with the sound of doors opening and closing strongly, possibly from the laundry room that was next to our room.

Interior design and the front desk staff were very helpfull and attentive

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Location was perfect as well as the cleanliness of the building.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

No facilities for making own food. Food provided was overpriced and not homemade as advertised. 10-15 euro for frozen Italian food is pretty rediculous. Everything seemed to have a price tag attached. I wasn't too please with that. Lobby closed around 11 pm and provides no place but stairwell to make calls away from sleeping roomates.

Staff was the nicest and most helpful I've come accross. They will go above and beyond to make sure you're taken care of.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Professionally run chain hotel in Central location
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There was only one big towel per person in the room which is a bit inconvenient for people who have long hair and need an extra towel. The room itself was quite small and dark but quiet at night

Very nice breakfast and bar area and centrally located

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Clean and functional, not so friendly
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This hostel is "too good" and this is Rome - it's always full, so the staff members don't try to maintain good customer relations any longer, this is what I observed: Common area is also a bar and it doesn't allow food or drink from outside, I saw the bar staff drove a guest with a beer outside because he has a beer from elsewhere, the guest (Asian guy) said fine he would buy a beer here, then she just repeated 10 times in his face - "you can not have this (beer) here" regardless the guest's compromise and good-will, then guest was pissed-off and left, sorry to see this terrible experience. Design of the light in the room is complicated and many fellow guests and I don't know how it works.

There is a bar that you can actually use your laptop (impossible to find such place in Rome)

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It is a hostel but have the services of a hotel. Don't have a shared kitchen and if you bring the food to the tables in the bar, the rude waiter comes to you in a very rude way asking you to leave. Maybe i chose the wrong place for my expectations.

Very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Feel bit unsafe
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I feel the surrounding was bit unsafe. Better not to come back late if you are solo female traveller

The hostel is well designed with vintage vibe. Very close to the main train station

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Not good enough
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Hostel experience in hotel prices. Room was not getting cleaned properly (found hair in bathroom and also shower was blocked, found small blood stains on wall tiles, took a coffee cup in the room and there was waiting for me 8 hours later even after cleaning was done). In the beginning we were given a room that looked nothing like the one advertised and had to ask to be changed which thankfully happened. Prices in bar are Hotel prices and not really related to a budget traveler. A can of Pepsi 3€. Noisy people walking outside the room at whichever time of the night. Only a bath towel per person is provided. Light bulbs not working.( had to switch them over as to get adequate lighting). Building Works were taking place in the rooms adjusted to our room, so there was a bit of noise and varnish smell. We were not informed that that will be the case. 2nd floor room Sun blocking curtains that are not blocking the window. The door of the room was not locking from the inside. 3 hangers for two persons. I would expect that a TV set should be something that a room with a private bathroom should have in 2018, especially if the asking price is significantly higher to the asking price of a bed in a dorm. The full amount of the stay was charged the moment we checked in, by personal experience the opposite happens. You are not allowed to bring in food, thus bar food is only available until 10pm and the only choices left after that are crisps and chocolate bars.

Good mattresses Beautiful design Good internet speed Two small complimentary bottles of water provided.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Cool Place for backpackers looking a stay near the train station.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The location near the train station (as in any city) is convenient but its not the safest-prettiest, i think you don´t wanna be walking around by night, The room in pictures looks like a cute-chic room but in real life it feels incomplete (im into minimal stuff but this was soulless) theres no attention to details or comfort, no power outlets, no place to seat (but it was clean), i asked for an extra pillow and it wasnt possible. The breakfast is not included and it costs 7 euros for a generic buffet, please do you a favor and walk 2 blocks to Mercato Centrale and get an awesome breakfast for the same price,

This is a chic place for young travelers, the common areas are really well designed and with a good vibe, the bar is really cool, is located near termini (3 blocks aprox) and really close to a metro station so its easy to get around, bathroom was really clean a nice.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Great hostel, although more like a hotel.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Because it is quite a big hostel it was not social at all, people seemed to keep to themselves or were in groups/couples. I made more friends at another hostel's bar. While charging for towels at a hostel is normal I thought that 5 euros was a bit much.

Very nice hostel, clean and good breakfast to fuel up for the day. Very fancy and looked like a hotel. The location was great, just around the corner from the metro and easy to find.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Really cool interior and hostel bar.
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The pillows were pretty uncomfortable and you had to pay to store your luggage. But it is a hostel and not a hotel so it's not that surprising! The hostel bar could've been made a bit more sociable as it has a really good potential.

Really cool interior and hostel bar. Private room was clean, spacious (for a hostel!) and bathroom was good. It was really easy to get around as it was super close to the tram stop. Would probably stay here again. Also worth to mention the short stroll to the colosseum.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Fastest hostel wifi I've ever had.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There's no A/C in the rooms, or if there is, couldn't figure out how to work the thermostat. Either way, the rooms were super hot.

Fastest hostel wifi I've ever had.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

It was Okay
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I rang the hotel several times to get directions from the train station but they never picked, roamed around for several minutes before I could locate it. Plus the Lady on duty was stone cold, the environment had touts lurking around.

The room was neat and comfortable

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Clean, minimalist rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

My friend and I tried 4 different foods at the bar. We were only half satisfied with the burger. The pasta amatriciana, pizza italiana, and lasagna were terrible. (Lasagna is flash frozen and we knew this, but we received it burnt).

Clean, minimalist rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Location perfect during day (but sketchy at night).

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Close to Roma Termini.
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

We booked a private room two which ended up costing 154 euros for one night but was worth half of the price we paid. The bathroom was dirty upon arrival. We were only provided with one towel. We went to reception to ask for another one and the one they gave us was stained so we had to go back down. When we when to bed, we noticed one of the bed sheets was also stained and had to return to the reception for a new one. For the price we paid we were extremely disappointed. You probably get better value if you book the dorm rooms.

Close to Roma Termini. Common areas were cool and stylish.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

It looks new and fresh.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The room stink like pee. A little bit far from Roma Termini. Really for budget travel. A little bit scary in that area.

It looks new and fresh. Staff were really friendly.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

My stay was really nice
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

If you want to leave the bag, you need to pay for the locker

They have hairdryer. Plugs enough for chargers. There are two bathrooms for 6 beds drom Helpful staff, room is clean and bed is comfy

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Looked wonderful. But it was just an impression.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Some of the staff members were not helpful at all. The bunk beds are difficult to climb. The hostel organizes parties with music until late. If in a dorm, you will be charged for the towel and then the lock room.

Really close to Termini train station. Clean.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

A nice solo room if you're travelling alone.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I would not recommend the pizza. My 'italian pizza' was incredibly stiff, not cut into pieces and difficult to eat. But the service was still great.

I stayed as a solo traveller in a bedroom with my own washroom. The highlight of generator is not only their great room (also eco-friendly which I love), but their social areas, like the bar. They have events everyday and laundry service which is a huge plus! Location is also decent (20 mins to colosseum and 30 mins transit + walk to Vatican). WiFi was awesome. I'm not sure if I would rebook, but if you're considering this property, definitely give it a chance.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Great location, just 10 minutes walk from Roma Termini.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Great location, just 10 minutes walk from Roma Termini. Bed is clean, rooms are wide. Facilities work properly. Reasonable price for breakfast and the breakfast is good. Very helpful staff

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Great internet, clean room and bathroom
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The area wasn’t very Italian - more of a “little India” area which wasn’t what I was expecting and felt a little uneasy at night alone. However it is a great location in terms of the Metro and Termini station

Great internet, clean room and bathroom

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

shoet yet Pleasent stay!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I wish the bar was more happening. The rooms didn't have curtains or blinds, it gets too bring in the morning!! Basic toiletries would be nice in the bathroom( eg: small shampoo, body wash/soap)

The overall vibe of the hostel was good. Loved the decor of the bar. The room was nice and clean, love loved the bed!.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Generator Rome exceeded my expectations! Modern, Clean, Quiet and Great Staff.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I stayed at Generator Rome for 9 days, and I loved it. It honestly exceeded my expectations. It's only a couple of years old, so everything is practically brand new. I stayed in the female only dorm style room, that slept 4 people. The beds were really comfortable, and the washroom and shower were very clean. It was also relatively quiet, especially at night when you want to get some sleep. I loved the bar at the hostel as well. I spent many nights there, when I just wanted to take it easy, after sight-seeing all day. They have dinner and drink specials every night, and they play music. It's a very chill place to just wind down. The staff were so friendly, and helpful. Dominika was one of the first people I met in Rome, as she was working the bar when I arrived. I was a bit nervous, as I was travelling alone for the first time, and she was so kind. She gave me helpful tips on what to see and do. I could tell that she really cared about the Hostel, and it's guests, and goes out of her way to make you feel at home. I highly recommend staying here, for a day, or a week, or longer! You'll love it. They also have breakfast available, for an added cost.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Big bathroom
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The area is not particularly safe at night (not because it is multi ethnic, rather that I could see a fight and a robbery in the same night in the area) It is also quite of a dirty/smell area The price, but well, it is Rome...

Big bathroom Nice bar downstairs Bed rather comfortable and room rather well decorated Close to Termini and Emanuele metro station

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Nice facilities but it feels not like a real hostel - no italian feeling - could be also in bangkok.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

No interaction with other travellers - not a real hostel

Hostelgeneration is dead - in the nice lounge - all the people are just looking at their phones - no interaction - creepy

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Staff
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I've had a very bad experience in your hotel the worst that could happen to me happened here my €400 in a Prada bag was robbed and I Know It Was by the roommate called Mark who checked out on the 10th morning because I extended my stay with you I would like you to take action against this person because I'm 500% sure he robbed me I think this person should be blacklisted in all the hostels in every hotel because he was going to Naples now hope he does not do this there. .. but otherwise no complains with the property and the staff you should have good system of lockers

Staff

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Amazing. Nice comfortable rooms, nice staff and well located .
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Maybe the prices at the bar could be a bit more cheaper but there not unrealistic either.

Really nice hostel. First time travelling alone so was a really nice place to stay. The rooms were nice and cleaned everyday. Breakfast was good at 7.5 euros a day each as much as you like. The bar had really nice cocktails and food was decent. Metro and atm directly behind the hostel also the coach to bring me to and from the airport just 8 minutes away walking. So all in all a good trip as a first solo traveller who has never been to Italy I managed to get around and work everything out on my own and the help of the staff on occasions and return home in one peace.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Good short sweet
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Rome was gross And disgusting such a shame I was so surprised 😳 Of the whole condition of town it reminded me of a bad part of town

It was clean and nice

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Very comfortable beds and, crucially for dormitory bunks,...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The luggage lockers are modern and quite fancy, but it's a shame to have to pay just to leave your bags for a few hours after checkout, normally you would be able to leave them for free.

Very comfortable beds and, crucially for dormitory bunks, they didn't make any noise when people moved around. The bar downstairs was a nice, chilled out space to get a drink or just sit down and relax.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

That’s perfect place!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

That’s perfect place! And it’s really clean! Some ppl review that it’s a little dangerous at night near hostel, but I never felt it. I went out early morning and night, that’s no problem!:)

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

The lobby and bar are quite stylish and it's a pleasure...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The terrace on 7th*floor was unfortunately closed. Breakfast was always the same stuff, when staying a couple of days it becomes quite monotonous.

The lobby and bar are quite stylish and it's a pleasure to spend some time even as a single traveler.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Stuff was very helpful and changed our room, which was first...
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Central, but It is no the nicesed area in Rome. I our first room a few things (like bedside-light) were missing. If you travel as acouple make sure you ger a double room.

Stuff was very helpful and changed our room, which was first a 3 bed room instead of a double room.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Not the greatest experience here.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Not the greatest experience here. Staff was ok and did not recommend the local things to do like I was hoping. In the room, the A/C was not working so we had to keep the windows open (which allowed bugs in and I woke up with a ton of bites!). Room smelt like humidity. WiFi was not reliable. Cafe was expensive (didn't get anything from there). Area around the hostel did not feel safe and I didn't feel comfortable walking there at night. Do not recommend staying here!

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

This was a very nice hostel.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The beds were pretty uncomfortable and the streets surrounding the hostel were a bit seedy making me slightly uncomfortable walking too and from the hostel after dark.

This was a very nice hostel. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean, had a bar and cafe, friendly staff. Right by the metro stop and short walk to Termini so easy access to all locations in Rome as well as the airport and high speed trains to other parts of Italy. Also easy walk to the Coliseum.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

Was so glad to find this place at the last minute. Excellent value for money!
    • Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The pillow and bed cover could be better.

I loved the bar and decor. Also loved the vibe of the place. It was comfortable and clean and the staff were very helpful with providing us tourism info and transportation. The staff are also very friendly and made us feel welcome.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Nice hostel, nice bar, the shower and toilet were separated...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The location felt a bit rough, although good that it was so near the train station

Nice hostel, nice bar, the shower and toilet were separated which is good

Totally recommend

Expensive breakfast.

I think it was the best hostel I've ever stayed. The design is perfect - place is really beautiful, my room was beautiful, big and comfortable. The service impeccable, even when I left a hostel (I had some problems with payments, which they really tried to solve). Stuff extremely friendly.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

In every room there is a bathroom and a toilets!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Please show us some cheap and good Italiaen restaurant around the hostel ,not good but expensive one...

In every room there is a bathroom and a toilets! It's awesome!!! There is a large space just for 4 beds in a girls' room!!! It's close to the TERMINI train station just 10 mins on foot. I strongly recommend you!

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Superb.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Towels have to be paid. Breakfast: hard bread, not fresh.

Fantastic. Nice people, minimilatist room, everything clean, confortable bed. I liked everything and for sure I will comeback. Generator is an oasis in the railway station surroundings.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

On Sunday night there was supposed tonbev DJ in the bar but...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

On Sunday night there was supposed tonbev DJ in the bar but there was none and no background music was playing. There was no atmosphere and felt unwelcome in the bar.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Not a good choice !
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room had no water bottles , one towel for two persons , no phone to call to the reception.I had to go to the reception every time to collect the missing things. Beds uncomfortable ,mattress were slipping and were unsafe while sleeping. AC temp was hot and on request to reduce it i got a reply from reception that my colleague will come and fix it after two hours ,so we had to switch off the AC and sleep with open windows with lots of noise .At least a basic phone and a kettle is expected @ 135 euro per night .

Bathroom was clean .

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Nice staying!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Overall is Awesome! But the location is not good for single travelers to go out at night. Neighborhood can be very dangerous!

The place is very clean! Everything is new! Great shower and bed and decorations! Very close to the train station!!

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Convenient location for short stay travellers.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Stayed in a private room. There was only one electric socket in the bathroom and the USB charger in the wall did not work.

Convenient location as it was close to central train station and metro.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

A nice hostel, and a short metro ride to the sights
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The area at night - I came back fairly late one evening and whilst it was only a short walk from the Vittorio Emanuele metro station (as in around the corner), it wasn't that nice to be out and about. The area near the termini station was also a bit run down and not particularly nice at night, but during the day it's fine and lots of people around. The vending machine room was not very clean and the bathroom here really needed a good clean. The first morning I went for breakfast there wasn't many people in the dining room, but the next two mornings, there was a school party and they basically took up the entire dining room, which wasn't very pleasant for travellers as you had to wait for a table or squeeze on the end of a school party - not great for a holiday!!

I booked a 4 bed-female form and the room was super comfy with lots of space. There is a locker under the bed for your suitcase - just don't forget the padlock! Each bed space has a plug and USB port and light. There was a nice bar downstairs that served food and nice wine and there was a small dining room for breakfast on the ground floor. Breakfast was nice, but pretty basic. There is a room that has vending machines and a kettle and extra bathroom/shower (I think it's on the first floor), and I stumbled on this just by accident. The hostel is also only a short walk from the main Termini station and the Vittorio Emanuele metro station is literally round the corner and only a few stops to the main attractions.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Don't stay here unless you're a teenage boy on a school trip; absolutely not for couples!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bed was not at all comfortable. The pillows felt like a punishment. The walls were really thin and we were woken up constantly throughout the 4 nights of our stay by the teenage boys next door.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Good in general
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

nothing except from drinks are expensive at bar

Very clean and central location. Staff was friendly.Stayed in 4 bed dorm. Room was very clean and bright bed was comfy. Good for value.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Awesome experience - clean, affordable and quiet
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Maybe a bigger common area with couches for other travelers to have fun and socialize, but it is just a personal option, in rest everything is perfect.

The personal was really nice and helpful, we arrived in the night after 12 and left really early and it was someone at the desk, always. The hostel is so nicely decorated, and modern, they have a cool bar downstairs with really cool offers every day. The room itself is really nice, clean and big, they have at every bed 2 charging possibilities and light, the bathroom is really clean and modern. Is really good option for traveling to Rome, is close to Colosseum and Termini is only 4 min away. Great experience!

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

A single night before my flight out of rome; a beautiful hostel and friendly staff.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Nicest hostel I've ever been in. Everything was new, everything worked, security was strong, check-in and check-out were easy. The building was very clean, the staff very friendly. Perfect stay.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Good!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bed was uncomfortable and noisy. Room and bathroom box are too dark.

The staff is amazing! They are very pleasant, friendly and helpful. If you are feeling lonely, just talk to one of them! The room is good and clean with a good furniture. The breakfast is a continental, not so many options but for 5 euros and inside the hostel it worth what you pay. The bar was good, they have some events and dinner combos like pizza and beer. They offer late check-out for a little fee.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

The room and toilet is clean
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The neighbourhood is unsafe and dirty. It would be better to have a more proper shared kitchen basic facilities, the cafe food is expensive and there aren't many good restaurants around.

The room and toilet is clean

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Friendly and very helpful staff, alright location very close...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Not much negative to say about the Generator hostels - they’re always a pleasant experience.

Friendly and very helpful staff, alright location very close to the central station (termini) and great common areas within the accommodation. I was pleasantly surprised with the dormitory rooms.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Excellent hostel, we will come back surely
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Like all hostels, lot of young crowd, so can be a bit noisy at times in the corridors, but nothing unbearable. (Private rooms were rather well insulated). Immediate vicinity of the hostel are not very animated or appealing at night : closed shops, no restaurant, a bit dark. But didnt seem dangerous.

Helpful staff, always available and friendly. Spotlessly clean private rooms (we didnt use the dorms but for what we saw they seemed also quite clean), large enough, very good private bathrooms. Overall, recently refurbished hostel, in excellent state. Dowstairs bar serves good food for hostels standards and has confortable sofas to socialize, with relatively good music. Large lockers for luggage, large lift. Close from Roma Termini train station (5 minutes with luggage), plus the underground station line A just round the corner.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Highly recommended
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Hayiat the reception girl who did the check in was extremely helpful and kind. Additionally the next day the manager of the hostel help me with the lockers even though I had already checked out.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

I loooooved the freshly baked croissants :) the hostel's...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I'm very easy to please when it comes to food but damn, the lasagna they served me during dinner was one of the crappiest I've had in my life and to think it was in Italy. I hate that you have to pay for luggage storage even if it was just a few hours.

I loooooved the freshly baked croissants :) the hostel's facilities were really well thought off. Down to the little necessary needs of a traveller were available! The interiors were amazing! More than I expected! Really beautiful!

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

everything was so neat and clean.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

everything was so neat and clean. ladies at the front desk were so nice and have a passion with their work! one even recognised my birthday and recommended me where to go for my special day in Florence! I have never seen any hostel cleaner than here.

Browse Generator Rome Traveler Photo Gallery