Reviews of Grand Hotel Oriente 4 stars

Via Armando Diaz 44, Plebiscito, 80134 Naples, Italy

#12 of 158 hotels in Naples

• Suite

The hotel was busy with renovations, and had building rubble everywhere from the parkingbay through to reception. The “suite with a view” wasn’t the size it read and the view was over a back ally. Disappointed with the stay

• Executive Double Room

Friendly Staff would do anything for you, they fixed one of my suitcases, went to the street to get us a taxi, gave good local advice... and seemed more than happy to help!

• Executive Double Room

very elegant hotel. a super friendly staff. and the LOCATION was superb.-right off the pedestrian via Toledo. 5 steps away from the metro station and a 5 minute (flat) walk to the finneculare. the lobby is undergoing renovation but it wasn't a problem at all--the breakfast room on the roof is fantastic. the morning we left they called a cab for the 30 minute 24 euro ride to the airport.

• Executive Double Room

Whilst manageable, the bathroom was a little small.

Great value for money, good location near the Metro. Excellent restaurant and wait staff. Most helpful concierge in giving advice of tourist location. Would love to come back

• Executive Double Room

Internet internet dont work and no one took care of it

the lobby is under Restoration so it is a mess. The internet dont work we complain a few time but it did not help :( the room is very nice and the location perfect . The the breakfast is served on the top of the building and have a great vie and is very nice

• Executive Double Room

Menu in the restaurant was very limited. View from the bedroom.

Complimentary Spumante as it was our anniversary. The rooftop restaurant had great views.

• Executive Double Room

Wonderful staying. Perfect stuff and services. Unbelievable view from the terrace. Hi speed i-net. Sure that will stay here another time of visiting Naples.

We had no complaints

From arrival the front of house staff were really helpful and throughout our stay. The location is excellent and our room was really nice. The hotel seems to be in the process of an incremental refurbishment and they are doing a really good job of it. The rooftop restaurant that everyone raves about really is special on the lovely warm sunny mornings as you look out across the bay of Naples. wonderful.

• Executive Double Room

Brilliant hotel, we were upgraded to a suite and we're given a complementary bottle of wine as it was our wedding anniversary. Lovely staff and great location. We would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Executive Triple Room

No pool, but we knew that before booking. If you’re booking a triple room, ask for the extra bed and mattress rather than making up the day bed, which is a stylish piece of furniture but not meant for a night’s sleep. Once this was made clear to the staff, they were assiduous in their efforts to rectify the situation and we had no further problems. Thank you for a great stay.

Sophisticated decor, immaculately clean, very well located, lovely roof terrace with great views and very helpful and pleasant staff. Good breakfast choice and a Great salad Nicoise in the restaurant.

• Executive Double Room

This hotel is in an excellent location. I use public transportation, and the Metro Toledo Line 1, which you can take from the train station, is very close. It’s also within a comfortable walking distance to the molo Beverello which has ferries to Capri and elsewhere. It’s very close to all of the important sites in the historic center. The staff were super friendly and helpful and professional. The room I had on the 8th Floor also offered a nice city view. The breakfast buffet was way above standard with many options to choose from. There’s an excellent simple little Trattoria around the corner from the hotel named Alberto’s which I highly recommend. Overall an excellent stay...I stayed an extra night!

• Executive Triple Room

The facilities were lacking + no value for money. Paid so much for no reason. very disappointing (not my first visit to Napoli). Upon our arrival, the table was stained (as well as the hair dryer ... finger prints all over). Other than that, everything was clean in the following days.

The staff was lovely. Very helpful and attentive on our way back/departure. The owner is lucky to have such a nice group of employees, because the rest is mediocre minus.

• Executive Double Room

Reception looked a bit like contruction site.

Big room with a viw on the Vesuvio. Nice rooftop with a great view on St.Elmo‘s and the city. Comfortable room, nice staff who gave me an upgrade.

• Executive Double Room

Please do not put the meat/sausages next to the scrambled eggs in the same warming dish. As someone who does not eat pork/ham/bacon etc, the fumes from the meat are absorbed by the eggs. I asked the waitress to bring me an order of scrambled eggs directly from the kitchen, which she did. No problem.

Breakfast selection was good. Baked Ricotta was superb

• Executive Double Room

- nothing to say negative

- very good breakfast! - breakfast room on the top floor - top floor has a nice view - perfect location for seeing the city - nice rooms, clean and comfortable - beautiful design inside

• Executive Double Room

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms were spacious and the beds comfy. Rooftop restaurant was excellent, great food, views and value for money - just a shame more people didn't use it!

• Suite

The staff was very forthcoming and always eager to help. The location of the hotel is perfect with Via Toledo right next to it and the Centro Storico at walking distance. Breakfast was a nice experience in its own right, not just for the generous selection of food but also for the splendid view on Napoli and the sea.

• Executive Double Room

Works being undertaken at the entrance hall, toiletries very basic and not regularly replaced. At this price, a kettle and coffee maker in the room would be nice. Also no bathrobes. I assume our rates (over 200€ per day) are due to New Years’frenzy, but at these rates it is not good value for money. Anything around 100-120€ would be ok.

Location very practical and close to the metro station, very good breakfast, room spacious and nicely decorated. Kind staff.

• Executive Triple Room

The carpet was dirty . The walls were all marked scratched and dirty. The toilet seat was semi broken. The cushions were flat and way too soft. The room was really weathered and required painting and a facelift.

The size of room was excellent.

• Executive Double Room

Breakfast needs to be improved. Not much variety. Need to have more fruits and cereals.

Good. And clean. Okay location.Drinking Water bottles needs to be provided. Roof top restaurant good.

• Executive Double Room

no tea coffee making facilities no complimentary water in the room no city maps somewhat poor breakfast, hot drinks to order only and tea comes in tiny pot lobby under renovation noisy door locks issues with TV, wasnt' working in my room rather poor wifi

good clean spacious room perfect location friendly staff easy to find easy to travel to comfortable bed quality linen

• Executive Double Room

There should have been a kettle in the room! Without that, how do we make tea? Also the locker malfunctioned, so I was unable to use it.

Very well located, right next to Via Toledo and close to Piazza del Plebiscito! The staff is exceedingly friendly! It helped us with day-trip bookings. It always greeted us with a smile when we entered the hotel. The breakfast is amazing. The breakfast room is so well chosen - it's bright and cheerful! The toilet was large and lavish!

• Executive Double Room

The staff was so helpful, they were always helping us in every case, thanks for them! The hotel's location is the best for discovering by walk this vibrat and entrancing city! If you get a room with balcony, you'll have an amazing view to the wonderful Naples! Definitely we'll come back again!

• Executive Double Room

I’d planned to stay at the Renaissance on a return trip to Naples, but they were full, so I chose the Oriente because it was close by and I expected it to be on a par. I wasn’t especially impressed overall, and not just because the price of the first night of my two night stay was ludicrously expensive. First impressions weren’t great. They’re having work done in the lobby, so it’s virtually non-existent. It feels like you’re entering though some back door. Staff were quite surly and difficult to engage with. My room wasn’t ready, so I left my bags and went out. When I returned, there were different staff on the front desk and the guy who checked me in was far more “with it” although the two helpful things he did for didn’t quite work out: - I wanted a gym but he sent me to one which didn’t allow casual visitors - He offered to add breakfast to my room rate (probably because it was so expensive for the first night!), but it wasn’t recorded. The first morning was fine (no one even bothered to ask for my room number), but on the second morning I had an ongoing argument with a waitress who checked with the front desk and was adamant that I had to pay. I steadfastly refused, but it was quite embarrassing, and left me with a sour taste in my mouth. No mention was made of it at check out, which surprised me a little.

The rooftop bar was nice for a drink around sunset, although I was pretty much the only person around on each visit.

• Executive Double Room

The concierge was a bit hit and miss. Sometimes we were told we can only book with the travel desk - other times they booked it. Details about the city were lacking by the staff. Roof top view of Mt Vesuvius is partly obscured by a large building in front which seemed a bit misleading. Overall a bit expensive for what it is.

Good location for walking around central Naples and down to the coast. Rooms were very clean, modern and comfortable. Bathroom was big.

• Executive Double Room

Arrived early but got room ready in 20 minutes. Let us store luggage free day after we had checked out (we stayed outside Naples one night). Great roof top bar. Great front desk staff.

• Executive Double Room

Booked for 2 names but only 1 guest, not sure how that happened but ok 13euro per night extra as "I hadn't booked properly", rushed at checkout due to large no of people checking out, checked bill later was charged 30euros per night, if that was to cover the extra breakfast then it was a rip off, beware, and double check.

Location to the metro. The views from the rooftop bar (worth the view to put up with unfriendly staff)

• Executive Double Room

The breakfast was poor. Included hot selection was scrambled egg which had sat on the hot plate too long and hot dog type sausages. Staff were not attentive

nothing was outstanding.

• Executive Double Room

Restaurant recommendations - do your own research.

Great place to end any day in Naples. Quiet, clean, safe - excellent parking, pleasant and helpful staff, excellent breakfast. A high point of our Naples visit. Also a great location and a block away from the Metro.

• Executive Triple Room

Fantastic view from the rooftop terrace with a great bar. Other places have grand entrances and poorly appointed rooms - here the lobby is nononsense and the rooms are nice, spacey, well designed with comfortable beds. Once it was clear that we wanted to come into the hotel there was immediately help with luggage and parking - the hotel is in a place with a lot of traffic

• Executive Double Room

Reception was very tired. Corridor and bedroom carpets were stained. Room was tired although it was to the design shown on the website. Very small room. Food was hot and miss. Service in the restaurant was slow at breakfast. View from restaurant was amazing!

Friendly staff.

• Executive Double Room

a little bit creepy in some areas

wonderful big room with terrace breakfast is on the upper floor, nice view of Vesuvius bed is very good staff is nice and prompt

• Executive Double Room

My room was like "North Pole". It was very cold first so I went to the reception asking if it was might be possible to turn up the heat but I slept with the A/C for the whole night. The following day they turn up the heat but it took long time to reach the right temperature so I spent the second night with the polar bears. The last day, the staff tried to get into my room 30 minutes before the dead line of my stay, while I was packing my bags. The night before I specifically asked to stay into the room till 1.00pm. Despite of the staff gave me the ok to stay in, they tried to forced the door 30 minutes before "my leave." They could call me by telephone or knocking the door simply but they didn't . In that moment I felt like a rubber. The hotel also charged me some chips that I though they were a welcome present being outside the minibar on the top of a shelf in marble. Annoying sounds from the hallway becouse of the absense soundproof room door.

I liked the interior design of the hotel.

• Executive Double Room

Nothing. Just be aware it's not easy driving in Naples + that's from a native New Yorker who navigates Manhattan traffic daily and has driven regularly in many Italian cities. This is a horse of a different color.

Comfortable 4 star Hotel that doesn't look like such from the lobby (which in fairness was undergoing rennovation). But rooms are quite comfortable and up to par. Don't miss sitting outside on the terrace for Breakfast. Hotel reccommended a wonderful typical non-touristy restaurant/ Neopolitana pizzeria about 15 min. walk away through safe at night shopping/restaurant area. It was called "the 2 street urchins" in Neopolitan dialect. Great seafood and fantastic pizza.

• Executive Double Room

I just wish they had their own parking garage

This hotel was in a great location in Naples, the rooms were beautiful and comfortable, the bed was wonderful, we even had a balcony, the breakfast was amazing with fabulous views from the rooftop restaurant and there is a nice little coffee bar next-door if you should miss breakfast at the hotel. The hotel is decorated in a modern fashion. If you are driving, parking is a bit of an ordeal. We had to park 2 blocks away at a parking garage and it wouldn't have been so bad, but it was pouring rain when we got there. The hotel staff was very accommodating and helped with our baggage. I would definitely stay at this place again.

• Executive Triple Room

the only thing was the hotel dining. when we were there not many people ate at the hotel. when we went to go eat, we had to find the staff to seat us and get our meal. they seemed bothered by us coming to eat and that was a bummer. the food was ok for us. Overall, the bummer was the city its self. all the buildings had graffiti on them and trash on the streets was a common site.

we do not travel much, but going to naples would not be a choice next time i visit italy. the hotel was at least in a more popular area. the hotel had a nice suite for us. the only problem is that it is starting to show it's wear and tear. carpets were needing to be replaced, walls needed to be touched up due to marks...the beds in general, in all our stays were to firm for us, but big. the view from the balcony of our room was wonderful.

• Executive Double Room

The air conditioning wasn’t working. The scrambled eggs at breakfast should have been warm if not hot.

The bed was comfortable, extensive breakfast choice, friendly and helpful staff. The roof terrace was very good for pre and post dinner drinks.

• Executive Double Room

Air conditioning did not work and could not be fixed while I was there. Poor breakfast for a four star hotel. Cold scrambled eggs are not acceptable and generally a poor selection. Tinned fruit is also not acceptable.

Excellent location. Good room and bathroom. Helpful, friendly staff.

• Executive Triple Room

Perfect location, amazing staff, super clean, great breakfast. All staff speaks English and are very helpful, our room was clean and very .big, with amazing city view. Central and safe location, right next to Toledo metro station

The room had a lot of scuffs on the walls and some stains on the carpet. These things are very noticeable in what is otherwise such a beautiful hotel

Beds were very comfortable

• Executive Double Room

I could have got my room a lot cheaper if I hadn't gone through booking.com.They won't change it once booking made.The bill was higher than I expected and was disappointed.

It was quiet and the beds were very comfy.The best thing about this hotel is the roof terrace it overlooks Naples and you can have your breakfast on the Terrace.

Can't think of anything.

Great location with very helpful staff. Roof top bar was great and fabulous views at breakfast from the restaurant. Breakfast was also impressive with fantastic choice. Easy walk to the old town and close to metro, slightly longer to waterfront restaurants but easy to navigate and tick off some key sights.

• Executive Double Room

Naples is looking tired with graffiti and rubbish strewn streets outside the centre.

The hotel is near to the metro and a good shopping road which is very popular.

• Executive Double Room

Breakfast was average. Maybe because we were later in the morning, the choice was limited.

Hotel right in the heart of Naples with easy access to restaurants. Room size was great. Quiet room as requested with beautiful terrace. Very comfortable bed and clean room. Staff courteous and helpful.

• Executive Double Room

Napoli is much more dirty and noisy than we expected.

Everything at the hotel was very pleseant. Excelent service from all staffmembers. Very good breakfast (compared to italian standards). Nice view from room and roofterrasse.

• Executive Double Room

The bathroom was tiny but serviceable.

Beautifully designed with a spareness much apprciated. The hotel did not clutter up the room with pamphlets and information about their services or city tours. An elegant dining room served an excellent breakfast.

• Executive Double Room

It was not possible to vary the air conditioning by more than one degree and we could not switch it off, so the room was a little cold at times.

This was an excellent choice: the staff were amazing, room very comfortable and location excellent. The rooftop terrace was a lovely place for breakfast and for dinner on our first night, and we enjoyed exploring the City from this very central location, within easy walking distance of the port and the Centro Storico. HIghly recommended.

• Suite

Lobby could use a refreshing. Some derelicts hanging outside.

The staff. Incredible, helpful, so nice. Davide got us museum tickets on his personal phone. Concetta helped us almost every day. Andrea recommended great restaurants. Ciro carried our bags and went above the call of duty just like Salvatore. It would be because of these people we would go back.

• Executive Double Room

Modern hotel in the centre of Naples, walking distance to amazing views of Vesuvius over the bay of Naples, and the historical part of the city. Fantastic roof terrace with amazing views. Helpful staff.

• Executive Double Room

The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel is located just off the main pedestrian shopping street, if you walk towards the water there are more bars and restaurants and if you walk the other way you are more in the old town.

• Executive Double Room

Nothing, the most perfect stay you can get in Italy.

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed! So luxurious, but still very cozy. Very good location, safe street, quite close to the the city centre. Breakfast on the terrace was one of the best experiences in the hotel. We would like to thank all of the staff that made our short trip in this hotel unforgettable!

• Executive Double Room

The carpeting in our room was not clean. It was soiled with stains. Felt dirty.

The breakfast facilities and bar are excellent. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The staff were helpful.

• Executive Double Room

Parking- you need to pay for it, they share the parking with other companies very difficult to deal with as they don't speak English and they keep your car keys and move the cars around as there are no spaces just a big room. The rooms are modern but I had too call reception from my mobile as the phone in the room didn't work and I had to ask twice for someone to come and fix the fridge.

Nice view from the roof top bar/restaurant. Staff were friendly. Modern rooms.

• Executive Double Room

In the centre! Ideal place for visiting Naples, close to Via Toledo and to Metro (new station). From outside nothing special but wonderful view from the breakfast room (9° floor).

• Executive Double Room

Paying for parking in the hotel was not good. The view was rubbish and the cocktails and beverages were really over priced. The food and drink was not worth the cost.

Very comfy bed. Air con was great to have. Breakfast was nice. The staff are very polite and efficient.

Nothing, it was perfect!

Everything! The staff were polite and helpful, the hotel was very clean and beautiful. The roof top bar and restaurant was a lovely sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of the day. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Suite

Certainly not a grand hotel, but it did not need to be. This hotel has excellent qualities. We had a suite and it was very clean and spacious. I like that the bed is a separate room from the sitting area making sleeping very comfortable. The king size bed was very comfortable. The rooftop where breakfast is served is another excellent feature of this hotel which provided a panoramic view. It was also walking distance to resto and places of interest. If you prefer to take a cab, it is not so bad, around 10 Euro from most sites.

• Executive Double Room

Age of reception area, reception male staff very unwelcoming. Concierge nice.

Location, comfortable bed, air con in corridors. Lovely surprise for honeymoon.

• Executive Triple Room

The room was dirty. There were previous guests' glasses to be found! The bathroom was a little bit smelly...

Location. Great view from the restaurant's terrace.

• Executive Double Room

We stayed in this hotel for two nights before taking a cruise. It was lovely, perfect for our needs and in a great location for the port. My daughter was 18 on the day we arrived and received a complimentary cake and sparkling wine to her room which was a nice touch. The staff were lovely and it was a pleasure to stay here.

• Executive Triple Room

Very noisy at night - kids playing football outside in the street. No bath Not much choice for dining within the hotel

Good central location - easy to get to the main shopping street

• Executive Double Room

Bedding could be a bit better and room showed a few spots of damage. Cracked walls etc but was very clean.

Refurbished hotel in central Naples. Close to all the main areas

• Executive Double Room

The tall ugly building next door which blocks the view of Vesuvius. Blow it up!

Very pleasant experience, good breakfast, excellent facilities and staff. Enjoyrd the rooftop terrace for breakfast and early evening drink.

• Executive Double Room

Nice balcony but would have been nice to have some chairs to sit out on.

A great hotel with a fantastic rooftop bar in a safe area. Rooms were clean and spacious with USB charging points for phones and the staff very helpful. Breakfast was very good with a good choice and the breakfast room was up on the rooftop with a fantastic view. A good location as we were close to shops and could walk to the port area to catch the boats. We managed to walk all round Naples from this hotel.

• Executive Triple Room

We enjoyed all our time there, Naples is underrated and much friendlier than Rome or Venice (in our experience). The city of Naples does not have the wow factor of Rome or the beauty of Venice but the crazy driving and friendliness of the people is infectious. There is plenty to do there and we could have easily stayed for 4 more days.

Reception desk staff were very help in particular Guiseppe who organised an excellent driver (Giovanni) for us when we went to Pompeii, Vesuvius and the Amalfi coast over 2 days. Guiseppe also recommended some good local attractions and eating places. Hotel Bar service and breakfast service were also very good. Room was good with balcony overlooking Mount Vesuvius and the bay. We were there for 4 days on a 10 tour of Italy with our daughter who shared the room with us.

• Executive Triple Room

Great location next to Toledo Metro station. Toledo is a must see attraction, and with metro travel being so cheap it was a pleasant surprise. The roof top restaurant gives fantastic views across Naples.

• Executive Double Room

Indigent service, problems with payment, mistakes in total invoice, "mysterious" high price for transfer from airport - about 6 times more than taxi cost. And would like to advise - bring your own iron, because the hotel have only 2 (!) and permanently occupied!

Only location and cleanlinnes

• Executive Double Room

The pillows are very thin, not very comfortable.

Lovely refurbished hotel in the heart of Napoli. The location was very convenient, next to a metro station and within walking distance of all the main attractions. The room was very elegantly decorated, very clean and had good Wifi. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the neighbourhood seemed quiet safe. The breakfast was good, and they even accommodated us and packed us a light breakfast on the day we were checking out as we were leaving before breakfast. We arrived in our rented car, we were allowed to part right in front of the door, checked-in in a few minutes, returned the car and came back using the metro literally 2 min from the hotel. The view from the restaurant where breakfast is served is very lovely too.

• Executive Double Room

Hotel faultless ,Naples has a lot of graffiti and is so busy it is spoilt by traffic noise. We had trouble with pickpockets targeting tourists,they were local and Italian. Food quality was medium no high end eateries lots of pizza ,pasta but quite a lot of cash requests and then tips on top ! Beer was expensive.and small measures .

Top floor restaurant for breakfast gave gorgeous views and good quality buffet . Room very smart and comfy , great large bed and good quality fittings in bathroom.

• Executive Double Room

I did not like Naples city its self, as I found it intimidating and quite dirty with graffiti all over the place. If you are thinking of using Naples as a base to visit Pompeii, Herculaneum or Capri you would be much better staying in Sorrento.

Hotel in great location next to the Metro Station and shopping centre.

• Executive Triple Room

The terrace was stunning but the view was ruined by a huge eye sore of a building which blocked Mount Vesuvius from sight. However, this is no fault of the hotel and there isn't much they can do about it.

The hotel was modern, clean and the staff were more than helpful. The location is great and the beds are huge! I'm upset that we only spent two nights there because I would have loved to stay for longer!

• Executive Double Room

Excellent location. Ten minute walk to the port, 15 to the train station. Their 9th floor terrace was absolutely lovely and a highlight of our time in Naples. The room was large by European standards and super comfortable!

• Executive Double Room

I had to change rooms three times. First I was put in a room where the shutters could not go up. Although the hotel knew about the problem they still put guests in this room. Then I got a new room opposite a discoteque. Finally I got a third room. Very dark due to one small window but quiet. Breakfast is sub standard. no fresh orange juice. The scrambled eggs are probably made of powder. Seldom any baked ham. There is one piece of fresh bread which one can cut oneself (sharper knife please!), but on Saturday this also disappeared. Pastries are plenty but most of them very dry. It is better to take bf outside. The bar on the 9th is nice but expensive, 12 eur for a cocktail. You can get it for half outside. floor of the terrasse on the 9th floor is very dirty. At bf I thought someone had been sick as there was big spot of something on the floor next to my table. at checkout it turned out that I was charged citytax for two persons and my colleague too, although we had two separate rooms. Reception is all very chaotic and not enough organized. hotel is at best worth a good 3* but certainly not "*.

rooms recently renovated.

• Executive Double Room

Hotel Oriente is a fabulous hotel. The bedrooms are gorgeous and the views from the roof terrace is stunning! I would definitely stay there again.

Actually NOTHING...

In this hectic city, this hotel is a 'haven' where one can relax in comfort and subtle luxury....the guests' stay is enhanced by the most pleasant characters who work in this hotel... From the Receptionist staff to the Bell Boys; the Restaurant Staff and the Cleaning Staff...all were eager to help in a most friendly, efficient manner. e.g. Fulvio, the Bell Boy, went out of his way to offer help to us..thanks!! Meals and drinks can be enjoyed at the Terrace Level (9), either inside the beautiful dining room or on the balcony area...both, offering panoramic views of Naples...

Browse Grand Hotel Oriente traveller photo gallery