Reviews of Grand Hotel Palace 4 stars

Lungomare Vanvitelli 24, 60121 Ancona, Italy

#1 of 14 hotels in Ancona

9.8

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

After from long europe road treep is the best choice before...
    • Double or Twin Room

After from long europe road treep is the best choice before take the boat for greece.the Emiliano and Simone is the most profeniotal reception we have all this days!!with the most happy smile! The location is perfect ,300 meter from center and 500 meter from central port!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Management save money by not running airconditioning for cooling
    • Double or Twin Room

The room air con cooling system is non operative thru out the hotel. When complain am told IT is winter period so we cannot cool only heat. The tempertures on 14 and 15 october were over 25 deg outside. The room was a sauna and windows have a lock to avoid people opening . Poor show for this hotel . Check out early and they refused to refund

Not much . Wine bar down stairs is pleasant and well run and cool !!!! Maybe my bed should have been in the wine bar

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Hidden. Gem
    • Double or Twin Room

Access by foot a little difficult over rough streets but worth it in the end.

Had everything the weary traveler needs- particularly the “WINE NOT” restaurant next door and proximity to ferry terminal

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The staff were extremely helpful, our room was very clean...
    • Double or Twin Room

Not being able to go for an evening meal in the restaurant due to them being fully booked with people that were not even staying at the hotel.

The staff were extremely helpful, our room was very clean and relaxing.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Excellent in every way. Highly recommend.

Not a thing!

Location excellent, great view of port. Easy access to historical city and plazas, restaurants and sights. Staff friendly and helpful, all spoke English. Great variety and choice for breakfast in a delightful setting.

Very pleasant stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Very helpful and pleasant staff. The room was excellent and it was very comfortable. The cleanliness of the hotel together with the quality of the bright modern furnishings was of a very high standard.Overall it was a very pleasant experience to stay at this hotel.

Italian contemporary design in an 18th century palace
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hanging rail for clothes in the cupboards was above the reach of normal sized people. My partner was unable to hang her own clothes☹️

Wine bar/restaurant attached to the hotel had very friendly and accommodating staff, great selection of small and medium sized plates showing interesting food combinations and their own wine offerings. Breakfast spread didn’t leave us wanting. Also a great bathroom with excellent shower.

• Suite

The room was beautiful and clean. The beds were very comfortable 5 stars for the rooms. Excellent location. 5 minutes walk to everything!

The staff were extremely helpful and professional

Lovely stopover in Ancona

Even though I was lucky finding a parking spot nearby, and they did give me a voucher that allowed me to park for free, still a secure parking from themselves would have been better. But like I mentioned, they really did what they could, so is not a big negative.

The view from the bedroom on the harbour was just great at sundown. The breakfast was great. The whole quality of this hotel is one of the best I ever had. Also the location is very practical if you want to go for a walk into town.

Clean, convenient and wonderful staff.

If the room was larger that would have been even better!

The staff were so lovely and super friendly and helpful. The room was bright and clean. The hotel is nice and close to the port for a late night arrival. Breakfast was delicious, great variety of freshly made coffees.

Grand but friendly, an excellent place to stay.

The only thing I can say is that the room service I ordered was reheated from frozen, and my lasagne was stone cold in the middle. I did order it at 10pm though, so it was very late and the kitchen was about to close!

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The reception staff were incredibly kind and helpful, and on my arrival they gave me a free room upgrade from the small single I had booked to a large double! The hotel itself is beautiful, and not too big which I prefer. Free minibar, extremely comfy bedding, clean and comfortable with good facilities. I arrived on the ferry and you can literally see the hotel from the ferry port. It is also very well located to wander into the town centre, as well as up around some of the archaeological sites in the city. I very much enjoyed my stay here as a woman travelling alone, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Ancona!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

A Grand Hotel in a grand town!

I loved everything!

From the moment I arrived I was in heaven. The Grand Hotel is just that... Grand! What a phenomenal value for your money. It is obviously clean since everything is shiny white period the bed was very comfortable and the added touch of a refrigerator with free drinks made a weary traveller happy. The staff was well trained and efficient as well as friendly. I wish I could have stayed forever :-)

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Excellent hotel in convenient location to port with parking, comfortable rooms and great service

We liked everything!

Wonderful staff, great service, comfortable bed and pillows, comfortable silent air conditioning, Wi-Fi works well, TV has many channels and the most basic room is spacious with tasteful decor and coffee/tea making facilities. The breakfast selection was varied and the croissants were delicious. The location was perfect for us as we were taking our car onto the ferry. It's also in walking distance to shops, restaurants and cafes. There is secure parking in a small garage under the hotel (entrance from the back lane). We paid 18€ per day for parking.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Friendly welcome
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking is on the street not secured. No exterior facilties, garden, terrace, it a city hotel after all.

Superb staff, beautifully designed interior well fitted out. Clean fresh. Superb beds. Well managed. Will use again.

This was a perfect choice and I look forward to returning
    • Double or Twin Room

There is only one elevator - but this is hardly an issue

This is a perfect place from which to explore the old town of Ancona. Outstanding breakfast, top rate room amenities, friendly staff. I reserved parking for overnight and it was an super easy ride to Falconara airport the following morning. A perfect city getaway.

Extremely polite and friendly staff helped us with...

No remarks.

Extremely polite and friendly staff helped us with everything. Hotel is located very close to old town. Room was very nice and had enough space.

Outstanding!!!!

Parking for registration.

The staff at this hotel is as good as it gets. The restaurant is very good and the facilities are extremely nice! I highly recommend this hotel and I travel all the time for business.

Great location, super clean and the staff amazing friendly...
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location, super clean and the staff amazing friendly helpful and very good breakfast. Would recommend and will come back to this hotel! Thank you for making our stay so so nice

One of the Best Hotels my wife and I have stayed in.

Nothing to dislike

One of the Best Hotels my wife and I have stayed in. The room was amazing and the location was excellent, We were within walking distance of the main street and the tourist attractions.

Wonderful relaxing rwo night stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room service was very slow.

Loved the room, really comfortable bed, kettle and minibar. Staff were friendly and helpful. Loved the location and some view over the harbour.

Very good, really **** Hotel in the old town/harbour, easily available by car

nothing really significant

Very clean, recently refurnished, superb staff, available Garage (however tiny), very good breakfast, good wine bar where it is also possible to eat tasty.

Feels like home!

Hotel is very well located, all renovated, with clean rooms and homewarming staff. Room mini bar was free and they also offered me a bottle of water at check out. The bed was very comfy, the restaurant was excellent.

Rooms are spacious and comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

We did not like the restaurant Although there were few diners, and there were 2 waiters It took 20 minutes for someone to come up to us, part of the invitation was forgotten, The portions was small and it seems that the design of the plate comes at the expense of quantity. The price is high, of course...

Rooms are spacious and comfortable The bathroom is comfortable

We loved the city and hotel so much, we have just made another booking!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We loved the location overlooking the harbour and the Adriatic, near to the old town with all its amenities, shops, history and architecture. The hotel was so relaxed and comfortable, with a fantastic breakfast. What not to like?

Been to this hotel several times, first after renovation,...

Been to this hotel several times, first after renovation, lost a lot of character and charm, today is a spotless, very clean hotel with great facilities, private but pricey parking, staff is wonderful, so is location

Poor breakfast buffet in compare with other 4* hotels .
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast buffet in compare with other 4* hotels . When shower in the room was working, water was spilled all over bathroom's floor. Poor mini bar. They do not have anything to drink or eat after 22:00 until 07:00 in the morning.

View of the harbor and the ferry boats from the room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping was not consistent. Frequently certain items were not replaced in the bathroom.

View of the harbor and the ferry boats from the room. Walking distance to stores and restaurants.

They offered a free glass of wine between 7-8pm (Appertivio!
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel room was really small. Really very small. There was street parking out front on the street which felt a bit complicated and needed to be moved by a certain time but the front desk staff offered concierge service for 18 Euros which we took. It was great.

They offered a free glass of wine between 7-8pm (Appertivio!).

Beautiful hotel with parking and a great breakfast.
    • Suite

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We received a great recommendation for dinner and were able to park in the hotel's garage. Our room was beautiful, newly renovated. The breakfast was also great with anything you would want, all nice and fresh.

The Grand Hotel has been newly renovated, great work.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The Grand Hotel has been newly renovated, great work. The room is very spacious and well decked out. Beds were perfect, like a cloud of air.... Highly recommend the Grand Hotel. Easy walking distance to the town centre and to the Duomo.

Glad I made this mistake
    • Double or Twin Room

We went for one night to meet friends who live in Ancona. I booked this by mistake thinking it was the hotel with the same name but with a pool. How glad I am to have made that mistake!! What a magnificent place to stay. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a junior suite which really was palatial. We will book this next time. Staff were great and even helped me park in the very small but perfectly adequate underground car park. Breakfast was a step up from the usual fare as well.

Good for a quick layover stay wouldn't recommend it as a long term stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

There was no parking for us in the garage and the location is a little claustrophobic also zero access to any beach

The beds were comfortable and the view of the port was nice

A wonderful place to stay in Ancona.

Beautifully renovated hotel minutes from the main port and a short walk to the center of town. The staff was exceptionally kind (especially Susana) and attentive, calling me by name throughout my stay and greeting me each time I crossed the lobby. Complimentary wine in the evening and non-alcoholic mini bar in the room were very much appreciated. The included breakfast buffet was also generous and had a nice selection. The room was spotless and very comfortable.

I recommend to 100% Wonderful place.
    • Suite

Beautiful hotel, superb room, breakfast very varied and in addition with vegan croissants :) for our family this is a great place that we recommend. Warm welcome and enjoyed the small bottles of water that the hotel offered before our long drive to Paris

Outstanding hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The private parking was a bit difficult to reach and the instructions were a bit confusing and ended up parking in the public parking front of the hotel. The staff was great and helped us settle immediately, so no problem at all.

It was better than expected. We only wanted to rest for one night in Ancona on our way back from Napoli. Conveniently located near the port and other attractions, the hotel is recently renovated with modern facilities (great shower BTW!), all while keeping the classic, luxurious architecture. The room had a great sea view and we could watch the cruise ships leaving in the sunset.

A gem in ancona
    • Double or Twin Room

Just missing a kettle to boil water or a coffee maker in the room

Super hotel, I travel to ancona couple of times a year for work and this hotel absolutely lovely . My mom and I really enjoyed our stay , rooms were beautiful with confortable beds , the lady at the reception was just super helpful . Extremely customer service oriented . Breakfast was excellent . It will be my go to hotel in ancona in future

Great location and the why not bar and restaurant is a refreshing sanctuary.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location. Recently renovated with high quality finish, and the personal approach from the staff was of an equal standard. Susanna at reception was friendly precise and has a great sense of humour.

A real gem, in a rather ugly port-side location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Where to park while checking-in was problem. The hotel could explain where best to stop to do this for guests arriving by car. Also the garage is very small and only takes a few cars and there are only two spaces available outside next to the hotel. I think the hotel should offer a 'reservation' system for car spaces so that guest will know in advance if they can park in/near the hotel.

I chose the property because I was travelling to Patras, Greece (return) and wanted a nice hotel convenient to the port. I also needed a hotel that was pet friendly and offered undercover parking. This hotel met these requirements and exceeded my expectations. Only open a month at the time of my visit, it was beautifully appointed, the rooms luxurious and the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. The breakfast too was fantastic and the coffee great.

Great stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not sure really, maybe they could do with a small restaurant but there are plenty of great places to eat close by.

Fantastic location for the ferry in the morning.Lovely room and a view.We'll use this hotel next time.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Just perfect!
    • Double or Twin Room

We have been going to Ancona quite a few time before and really looking forward to this hotel to re-open. It was worth the wait: everything was at the highest standards under every aspect. Service attentive and professional, rooms elegant and stylish, breakfast perfect and a cozy atmosphere! Bravo to the new owners: we will definitely go back.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Superbe
    • Double or Twin Room

Newly renovated hotel. Centrally placed. Next to the old town with bars and restaurants. Very comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Every item in minibar free of charge including two half...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Every item in minibar free of charge including two half bottles of excellent wine

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

perfect place to stay in Ancona

none

wonderful rooms, lovely hotel, fantastic location, excellent wine bar

Wished we were staying longer.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff very helpful. Great location. Enjoyed the breakfast.

Good location to explore Ancona from.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very clean rooms. Lovely breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Last minute booking because of previously booked hotel and what a great decision. Fantastic Hotel with great staff. Nothing was to much trouble.

Building, location, staff

Room size

Building, location, staff

Everything .

I

Everything .- it’s a little pricey but worth every penn

Excelent!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Good location - with view of the sea and the port, clean, comfortable, very friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Really comfortable room

Really comfortable room Large and airy Great bathroom

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Very clean, kind and helpful staffs, good breakfast and good...

Not especially, no bathtub in my room.

Very clean, kind and helpful staffs, good breakfast and good drinks in a room.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Comfortable and clean room
    • Double or Twin Room

Restuarant and bar closed for whole stay

Comfortable and clean room

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It was perfect!

I wish I could have stayed longer.

I loved the hotel, beautiful, elegant and clean. The food was great and within walking distance of the cruise ship.

Elegant hotel convenient for the port

Stylish modern rooms, superb ambience and an excellent breakfast.

Location, furniture and equipment and decoration, cleanliness

Location, furniture and equipment and decoration, cleanliness

Very comfortable, nice staff.

Very comfortable, nice staff.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

perfect

i like everything about this hotel

perfect

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Really clean.

At breakfast I had always to ask for the tea

Really clean. Nice view of the port and really friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very friendly reception

Very friendly reception

indow in the room is impossible to open ????
    • Double or Twin Room

indow in the room is impossible to open ????

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Nice, breakfast was fantastic

Missed terrace

Nice, breakfast was fantastic

Chic understated luxury
    • Suite

This property was understated and extremely chic. It over delivered in every category you could think of - a real gem of a find!

Location was excellent.

Gym was too small.

Location was excellent.

Parking

Parking

Everything was perfect

Very comfortable hotel with friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable rooms. Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful.

Optimal, best staying in ancona ever!

Not applicable

Location was excellent, close to everything by a short walk. Staff kindness supreme.

Average

The shower was broken

Nice staff

Great location, staff was awesome and friendly.

Great location, staff was awesome and friendly. Room was immaculate. Good breakfast

Perfect location for us as we were catching our cruise boat...
    • Double or Twin Room

Perfect location for us as we were catching our cruise boat the next day.

Nice and clean place with an excellent staff

WiFi signal not very good.

Excellent staff, nice and clean room.

They should have provided more towels in the room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

They should have provided more towels in the room. I had to call down every day to request additional towels

The breakfast was meager.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The breakfast was meager.

Browse Grand Hotel Palace traveller photo gallery