Reviews of Grand Hotel Rimini e Residenza Parco Fellini 5 stars

Parco Fellini 1, Rimini Central Marina, 47900 Rimini, Italy

#102 of 456 hotels in Rimini

Very clean beaches, excellent hotel location. Very good food quality
    • Superior Double Room - Residenza P. Fellini

Reception offering limited information for people coming first time to the hotel. For instance half or full board were not offered but it was available for other guests not making the reservation through Booking. Lack of communications amongst the staff (permanent vs temporary staff) One of the restaurant maitre arrogant and not understanding the meaning of hospitality Restaurant not always available to the guests staying in the hotel A disco only to men located in one of the corner of the hotel

Location, history of the hotel, excellent treatment of the beach and Spa personnel

Good
    • Classic Double Room - Residenza P. Fellini

The fact that the room was not ready when we got there and that there was an Italian pop star staying at the hotel ,the gates w ere locks could only use the main entrance

The beach

breakfast was nice
    • Classic Double Room - Residenza P. Fellini

Every night unbelievably loud beach party opposite of the hotel until 4 or 5 in the morning. We could not sleep at all. And this is first of all the purpose of a hotel, no? Breakfast until 11 what we really needed after those nights. But on sunday we had to leave at 10.30 because they needed the space for a management meeting. This they told us this at 10.25 and immediately removed the buffet. Spa was ridicolous small, they said for 6 persons, but there was space only for two in the sauna, two in the so called turkish bath and only 4 beds for rest. So they seem to expect that you arrange the changes with the other guests.

breakfast was nice

I booked the 5 stars hotel however, I was shocked!!worst hotel ever
    • Classic Double Room - Residenza P. Fellini

First of all, I booked the 5 stars hotel using your esteemed service, however, I was shocked when they transferred us to another hotel, which i realized later that the other hotel is a 4 star hotel. I went to the reception telling them that my booking is the 5 stars one not the for stars and they even tried to manipulate me by showing me the picture of the hotel and it contains 2 buildings. After a long and tense conversation they agreed to transfer me to the 5 stars hotel. But by baying more !!!! I was tierd though and i pay cash !! .. Second of all, they gave us 2 nice rooms, yet one of the bathrooms was not working. I went down again to tell them the problem and one of the front desk came up with me to test the toilet they said sorry we cannot do anything now you have to sleep there and tomorrow we will change it for you, i agreed on all of that. Then tomorrow i went down again and they changed the room with broken toilet. Finally, when I went back to the hotel i asked the reception for my room key, they said the manager said that you I have to speak with him, I thought that he would compensate something or at least offer free drinks. The manager said you have deceived us you made us change the twin bed room instead of the king room, I told him that I might said the wrong room number but one of you came and saw the problem so you should know which one. And he said i will not give you the key until you sign that you will pay more. I refused to that and then he said either you pay more or ill call the police!! ( my lil daghuter was with me and she start to cry !!)) , i said to him call the police and i went and set down in the lobby. He thought that I would be scared and will pay by threatening me by the police yet I didn't do anything wrong. Then he brought the key and he said ill take the money from your credit card, i said to him if you take one cent without my authorization i am the one who is calling the police.

An elegant hotel and beautiful stay
    • Classic Double Room - Residenza P. Fellini

The a la carte lunch menu at the beach restaurant didn't have much to it, it was just salads for €10-14 so nothing too exciting or filling after a morning on the beach. We got the brunch instead as we wanted some fish/meat, salad and fruit so we went inside to get it (service was very slow at that restaurant so we just did our own thing) but later discovered the brunch cost €40 each. We had almost finished eating the very nice food when the waitress came back to take our order :)

We had a wonderful welcome at the hotel by the staff who were excellent, friendly and helpful throughout our short stay. We almost changed our booking so we could stay longer as we enjoyed our stay so much. The hotel is elegant, beautiful and oozes class and old school charm without being snobby or boisterous in any way. The breakfast was very good and the omelettes were especially good - made to order while you waited. We hope to come back!

Story, elegance sharming
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

During booking "culla" for my baby and message from hotel staff was free of charge, at checkout I have paid 20 euro for each day of my permanence.

Story, elegance sharming

Great service; pity about the arrival!
    • Classic Single Room - Residenza P. Fellini

1) Arrival at a famous and splendid five star hotel is ruined due to the fact that clients are directed not to the splendid FRONT entrance but to what amounts to the BACK door. It gives the impression that, probably, it's where the hotel's rubbish is collected. It's the worst "welcome" to a five star hotel I've ever experienced. Whose crazy idea was this? The reason seems to be the "park" that's been created at the front. No, no, no; really bad idea! Does the hotel manager at his private home ask his guests to arrive at the tradesman's entrance? I imagine not. A shock. Please find a way to let the guests arrive at the front door! 2) What is not obvious to non-Italians when booking is that there are two buildings: a) the Grand Hotel itself and b) the "Residenza Parco Fellini". Of course, when you book at the famous Grand Hotel with it's superb Fellini history you expect to stay in the hotel, NOT an annex to the hotel. So it was a doubly bad arrival for me: first the rear entrance, then "your room is in the annex"! Did Fellini arrive like that? I'm sure he didn't. Do other five star (or any-star) hotels do that)? Of course they don't. It really makes you wonder what some people in the "hospitality business" are thinking of. 3) On the first day I had lunch by the (excellent) swimming pool. Good setting, good service, reasonable prices. BUT... the chef's 'nouvelle cuisine' style presentation of the smoked salmon I had was terribly old-fashioned (as in 1960s-1970s); tiny portions in little bowls was lamentable. And the salmon was a cut much too thickly. A pity. The kind of poor - even pretentious -experience you would expect in a far inferior establishment. Italian cuisine is the best in the world. Please live up to that whoever does the swimming pool terrace lunches...

1) All the people I encountered and the service they offered was excellent. 2) Breakfast excellent - five star! And staff actually smiling! Superb! 3) Lunch at the beach cafe (second day) very good, excellent service, good large tables, comfortable seating...

Wonderful hotel with very high standards & the few shortcomings didn't spoil our stay
    • Classic Double Room - Residenza P. Fellini

The breakfast, although 1000% better than the last time I stayed at the hotel, could have had a variation as nothing changed for the week Also, most super luxury hotels have a station whereby eggs etc are cooked freshly - not here The coffee was never very hot & the hot chocolate was terrible The changing rooms by the pool had no inside locks Slightly disappointing that no dinners were being served outside until July 1st - especially as the weather during our stay was over 30 C degrees

Haven't stayed at this hotel for many years & was delighted to see that it has kept its very high standards Basically, everything was excellent & worthy of a 5 star de luxe rating Location, staff & bedrooms were all excellent

Elegant hotel but with really disturbing music and noise.
    • Classic Double Room - Residenza P. Fellini

In the opposite of the hotel and our balcony there was a separate beach pub & restaurant (not belonging to the hotel) disturbing our visit with really loud music and other noise during many evenings very late. This was really negative point and should never be experienced in this kind of an elegant and expensive hotel. Music was also played occasionally very loudly in the breakfast time and we commented that to personnel during our stay. Our room charge included 2 bottles of water per day but it was not usually submitted to us without that we separately asked almost daily that was really unpleasent. Cleaning staff was doing their work very loudly that should not be experienced in luxury hotel. Breakfast was exactly the the same every Morning, we would have expected some changes.

Hotel was really elegant, luxury and sophisticated in excellent location nearby the sea. Hotel garden was really wonderful and hotel area was safe and clean. All the customer services was available upon request with high expertise and knowledge. The content quality of the breakfast was excellent even it was the same every Morning.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The property was ideally located just across from the beach...
    • Classic Single Room - Residenza P. Fellini

The only problem that I encountered was that while I had a great view over the beach, it also overlooked a bar that played loud music until the early hours of the morning at the weekend. I realise that this is out of the control of the hotel but it was nonetheless irritating.

The property was ideally located just across from the beach and within walking distance of other restaurants and bars. All the facilities were great and the staff very attentive. The Grand is well named, because it is!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Pay twice
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

I have been charged twice. First time pre authorization and the second time again the same amount plus extras for using spa and citytax. Personal was rough. My recommemdation to update the system of money withdrawl was leaved unattended((( "This is a policy of our hotel". I travel a lot, I live in a different hotels and the situation with Grand Hotel Rimini is unpleasant exeption. So, if you are going to spend here 7 days be ready to pay twice. Pre-authorisation sum is still blocked in my account (5 days passed).

Location, views, interior, room, spa, breakfast style, garden.

Love the hotel
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The restaurant closed early 😌 i think because of the cultur of the country but as we are tourism we like to have late dinner Thank you

I like the place the room and the garden of the hotel it's looks like you are in your home

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Beautiful spaces and generously staffed.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

More funny than negative: To get our car, we were asked to pick the keys ourselves from 50 sets of keys. Those BMW keys were tempting!! Carpet is oddly frayed in the grand stair. But again, A TRULY WONDERFUL place.

We loved this hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and numerous. Nothing like walking into the lobby and seeing 7 people behind the counter (i counted because its such an unusual sight for me) and one customer in front. Breakfast was a generous buffet, there was plenty of space, including a garden and grand terraces so it didn't feel crowded at all. There are no bad rooms; even tho we ordered thru Booking.com, (usually you get the worst room of a given type) the room and the bathroom had a very nice view of the city, were well-sized, and, wow--you can control all the lights and the blinds from bedside!! Oh and the pool was great

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

BEAUTIFUL HOTEL ON THE BEACH

The rooms we stayed in were outdated. walls were thin, and the showers did not have shower curtains which made a big mess in the bathroom every time someone washed their hair!

The hotel is beautiful. Excellent location on the beach and has wonderful beach facilities. We had our 5 children with us and the hotel is excellent for families.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Grand by name...
    • Classic Double Room - Residenza P. Fellini

Spotless room with high ceiling and comfortable bed. Excellent buffet breakfast included. Especially loved that staff offered to have omlette made individually for me.

Extra charges for parking, private beach etc

Extra charges for parking, private beach etc

Grand historical hotel, everything is sending you back in...
    • Classic Double Room - Residenza P. Fellini

Grand historical hotel, everything is sending you back in times - in a good way

Really enjoyed our stay, food in the restaurant was very good, shame the room/bathroom were small
    • Classic Double Room - Residenza P. Fellini

Room and bathroom were VERY small, were in an annex with an ice cream show going on outside!

Bed was very comfortable, staff were excellent

Have stated multiple times and is always an amazing experience
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Only complaint is the bar outside across the street blasts music until 1 AM.

Completely first class in every way with brilliant service

Front desk is more than bad

Front desk is more than bad

A truly Grand Hotel

Very traditional "Grand Hotel" in every sense of the word. Fantastic restaurant

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Beautiful staying in Italy
    • Classic Single Room - Residenza P. Fellini

Marvelous staying in Rimini on beach.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Amazing buffet dinner with music!
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Loved the buffet dinner on the terrace, for two of the four nights we stayed there

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

Good breakfast nice common area friendly staff

Even though we booked a room that was 3 categories up the standard we still got a really really old room - the bathroom looked to be from the 50s unacceptable for a hotel this category

Good breakfast nice common area friendly staff

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

Wonderful place, everything outstanding regarding the staff,...

Unluckily at about 4 in the morning the couple next door to us came home and started chatting until 8 in the morning - not even aloud, but the walls were so thin that we were obliged to share their conversation... :(

Wonderful place, everything outstanding regarding the staff, the breakfast, everything.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

- Beautiful old building, nicely restored and kept

- The hotel is a bit dated: a weird mix of old furniture, high-tech appliances, ultra-modern (somewhat kitschy) elements of decor, vintage accessories... I wouldn't be able to pin it down to a certain style. It's a mix of old and contemporary, of dusty items and shiny-new pieces...

- Beautiful old building, nicely restored and kept - Great food, in both the restaurant and the bar. - Super-friendly and helpful staff - Our first floor room had a wonderful and huge terrace, facing the swimming pool and, into the horizon, the sea.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

I loved the old fashioned grandness of this hotel.

Only bad thing, our bed was 2 singles pushed together, which I don't mind, as long as there is a mattress topper over the top so that there is no gap. But the hotel staff didn't know what a mattress topper was.

I loved the old fashioned grandness of this hotel. In fact pretty much loved everything about it.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2015

the grounds were beautiful and relaxing, the area was great,...

nothing comes to mind

the grounds were beautiful and relaxing, the area was great, the staff and breakfast were also very good. Exceeded our expectations, would like to return again in the future.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

perfect location, nice pool with nice staff, breakfast in an...

the rooms are a museum of diffrent ancient periods, but you just sleep there ...

perfect location, nice pool with nice staff, breakfast in an elegant hotel restaurant, beautiful terrace with music for cocktails

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

This hotel is very grand, almost palatial, with lovely...

Unfortunately, the splendor of a magnificent building becomes a bit of an irrelevance when the nearly surroundings are so at odds with it. Booming sound systems interfered with evening drinks on one evening, while, almost unbelievably, the sound of garage and techno music blasted into the place whilst having breakfast one morning. Cocktails were taken with the sound of the Rolling Stones belting out Jumping Jack Flash from the neighbouring bar/pub/club on another evening. And the private beach is so private that even the hotel's guests are hit with a surcharge of up to €85 per day. Make sure you check the options if considering booking because this was not obvious when we opted to book.

This hotel is very grand, almost palatial, with lovely gardens and a great interior, decent rooms and some really intriguing artefacts.The beach is large, clean and spacious. The service provided by Arianna at evening drinks was also very good. She was an exception to a functional, almost regimented level of service, however.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Martina from the Residence Reception.

Martina from the Residence Reception.We had no internet and ask her just to restart the router but she didn't move her at all explaining that she has internet.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

it's a beautiful nostalgic hotel.

Hotel has a private beach area, and you must pay 110 euros for 1 umbrella and 2 seats even if you are a hotel guest. It's an fantastic price be careful before use.

it's a beautiful nostalgic hotel. Location is great.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Rooms were beautiful , staff really helpful and friendly .

We were in the apex building . We did struggle to pick up the wifi . Occasionally we could pick it up , but in the main hotel it was fine .l

Rooms were beautiful , staff really helpful and friendly . Having breakfast on the terrace was lovely , there was a large selection on the buffet breakfast . We enjoyed listening to the live music in the evening on the terrace .

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Great staff and atmosphere

Plumbing rather tired

Great staff and atmosphere

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

The staff and location were great!

The bed was very uncomfortable. The room was tiny.

The staff and location were great!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2015

We loved the old world charm of the hotel.

We loved the old world charm of the hotel. The food was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. We would certainly return to the Grand.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2015

Breakfast was not good.

Breakfast was not good. Need more items to be included in it

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

Everything!

Slowness of the lift only

Everything!

• Reviewed: 22 July 2015

The chairs in the room were not comfortable.

The hotel rates for suites is exceptionally high by world standards.

The chairs in the room were not comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2015

• Reviewed: 22 January 2015

I feel at home

Lobby on second floor

I feel at home

There are also 20 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.