Reviews of Grand Visconti Palace 4 stars

Viale Isonzo 14, Porta Romana, 20135 Milan, Italy

#74 of 424 hotels in Milan

It suited us for our stay in Milan

No issues

It was an excellent hotel and we have stayed here before. Good parking and easy travel into the centre. Straight forward to find when driving.

Excellent hotel - very comfortable and well situated to get into the centre of Milan

The hotel was great - comfortable, luxurious, good facilities and helpful staff. It is 5 mins from the subway which gives very quick access to the centre (10 mins). Our room was excellent - well appointed, good state of decoration and good air-con.

Great hotel in a good location.

Air conditioning in room was set to very low temperature. Spa area under reconstruction during our stay.

The room was clean, spacious, very well equipped, bed linen changed every day. Bed was huge and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, with great variety of meals, even gluten free. Staff was kind, welcoming, very professional. Nice surprise with good-night chocolates on pillow every evening. Lovely garden.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Comfortable hotel, good garage

Having booked this hotel in part because it has a pool and spa, I was disappointed to receive e-mails a few weeks ahead of the trip saying first that the spa would be closed for refurbishment and then shortly after, that the pool was also closed for maintenance.

The hotel's on site secure car park was one reason I chose the hotel. Plenty of room, and a specific area for motorcycles was a welcome touch. Reception staff (including the young trainees/work experience staff) and porter/garage assistant were helpful, although the tablet computer check in gadget didn't work properly. Waiting staff at breakfast less friendly. Comfortable room, good bathroom with a bathtub with a shower over it (my friend appreciated a relaxing bath). The pancake machine in the breakfast room was novel, if a little temperamental (each pancake came out smaller than the last). Good selection of fresh fruit, including nice melon, at breakfast, and the scrambled eggs (when finally replenished) were fresh. Location handy for public transport (tram and Metro).

Good quality hotel with great staff.

I couldn't get an iron in my room until 8:30pm - I would have had to have the laundry iron my dress for me and pay for the privilege. Pillows were not that great.

Room was nice and cool which was fantastic in the middle of summer. The room was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and lovely to eat outside. The breakfast staff were friendly and helpful in warning me to be careful the birds don't steal my food when I left it unattended.

Tried to charge €15 per person per day for use of the pool.

Tried to charge €15 per person per day for use of the pool. This wasn’t stated when I booked the room. When I tried to explain this I was told by the concierge that it “wasn’t my right to use the pool”. I have never stayed at a hotel that tried to charge me an extra fee to use their own pool, ridiculous! I only booked this hotel because of the pool. I believe this fee has now been added so people are aware but according to the duty manager you have to “scroll, scroll, scroll then open up another box to find out this information”. Trust me, the pool is not worth paying extra for. Hotel is dated and overpriced for what is on offer. Disappointing 2 night stay.

Nice hotel a little out of the centre but nice and quiet.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite with Pool Access

The spa and pool was closed for refurb and I believe you’d have to pay extra to use the pool as a hotel guest anyway. Not impressed with that never had to pay extra to use a pool before.

It was clean, the concierge was really helpful recommended some fantastic restaurants for us and very helpful.

Our stay was worse than the last time we visited Grand Visconti palace.

We did not like our room as the previous time we visited the hotel. The room was tiny and except from that, there was a huge desk inside, bad for its price. In a tiny room, you just don't put a desk. Also, the fridge's door was barely opening as the bed wasn't allowing it to open. After that, the cleaning service was leaving our clothes as they were, into the bed and not folded as they should be. The second day, they also forgot to "refresh" us the coffee in the room. We had asked for a king size bed, but it seemed more like just a big bed. At the end, the building from the outside, is really dirty..We did not like that.

The breakfast was great!

Service & breakfast was good & outdoor area very...

1.The main reason we chose here was to have access to a pool as we knew the weather would be hot & it was. Upon arrival saw a notice it was closed for the duration of our stay but we hadn't been notified in advance. Very disappointing. 2. Beds were really firm - firmer than we like. 3. Restaurant & bar prices were really expensive. 4. Limited choices of restaurants around hotel. 5. Location - out further than expected.

Service & breakfast was good & outdoor area very nice. Concierge chap was very good.

Ok place. Terrible stuff.

The person that accepted us upon our arrival was extremely rude. Gave me the feeling that I'm not wanted. I asked him a question about the city and where to go and when, and his first answer was "it's only a 4 star hotel".!!!!!! The room was quite noisy- although we were in the 4th floor we heard noise from the street , and the water pipes are very loud. You can hear the shower from other rooms. Breakfast wasn't good.. lots of food, but not tasty. Coffee was bad. Breakfast is near a garden and there's tables outside as well, one of the mornings we wanted to sit there but there was a private event there so we couldn't. .

The hotel is very close to the metro station. The room is nice. Surprisingly they leave small chocolates on the pillow for you at night.

Beautiful hotel in walking distance to nearby cozy trattoria, 'Un posto a Milano'

As a hotel guest, the entry to the pool should be included as an international standard.

Wonderful breakfast, especially the outside seating in the garden. Excellent service and super friendly staff.

Very Poor Pool Area
    • Junior Suite with Pool Access

We have stayed at the Grand Visconti Palace for 1 night. We were 2 adults and 2 small children. In the morning we used the pool facilities. The standard of the pool area is very poor and it needs a complete make over. 1. The towels provided are very small (only use to dry your face) 2. At the whirlpool area one of the wooden shelf's are broken (see picture attached) Nails are showing and you can hurt yourself. 3. The white plastic area edge around the pool (see picture attached) is broken as well. Our son cut his toe this morning from the sharp plastic coming off the edge around the pool. 4. The seating area and furniture provided are old and rusty 5. There was no toilet paper in both women's toilet 6. The floor is not anti-slip as you can fall easily 7. The photos from the pool on the website / booking.com are completely wrong and give a false impression to the guests

The staff was friendly and the hotel is very close to the Metro line Lodi.

Bedroom and bathroom clean and comfortable and the breakfast...

The only disappointing area: I did not use the spa or pool which look good on the pictures, but if you are looking to get a workout in the fitness room is not intended for any form of even half serious workout.

Bedroom and bathroom clean and comfortable and the breakfast also very good. Comfortable hotel and good location for walking the city.

The concierge, porters, bar staff and breakfast room staff...
    • Junior Suite with Pool Access

The price of food and drink was exceptionally high. The hotel in general, particularly the pool, was not child friendly.

The concierge, porters, bar staff and breakfast room staff were all very polite, friendly and professional. The hotel's rooms were lovely as were the garden, lounge, restaurant and lobby area.

Nice hotel, comfy room

The pool is an extra cost which wasn't mentioned on the advert or by the staff until we got there in our gear. Then on top of that swimming caps are mandatory....and charged at another extra. There also appears to be a very low limit of numbers of people allowed in the pool so we had had to wait before we were told about the extra costs. We decided to go for a walk instead!

The room was lovely and comfy. It was probably the quietest spot we have had in the middle of a city.

Good breakfast buffet.

Feeling that standard are going down, not only the hotel but also Milan. Have been there more than 20 times since 1977. All important buildings in the city was heavily guarded by police, Carabineri and Military. Many big concrete roadblocks. making it difficult to walk on crowded Easter Sunday. Long queues, about an hour, to the Dome and the Da Vinci museum as all visitors were body searched. Even pensioners in wheelchairs. It gives an impression Italy is now a police state. Public infrastructure is no longer in order. As example the ticket machines for the subway did not work, so we walked 45 minutes to the hotel, instead of standing in line 45 min for the only machine still working. We also have to pay a special penalty for tourists (€10 pp for visiting the Milano city) Italy has nice people, but criminal politicians. The politicians makes the city into a complete time wasting machine.

Good breakfast buffet. Better than expected in Italy. We found the excellent restaurant Quartro Mori at place Maria Callas was still there. We have dined there many times. I can recommend the Anti pastas and then as the main course Tornedos Rossini, with goose liver sauce. And it comes with the Brunello wine.

Beautiful hotel, very friendly staff. Lovely rooms and great breakfast.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Pool Access

Cost of drinks in hotel bar were high. We ordered two cokes while we were waiting to leave to catch our flight - 10 euros!

Friendly staff, let us check in early. Great room, lovely breakfast.

Not my cup of tea.
    • Presidential Suite with Pool Access

First impressions when we pulled into the car park, we actually scored this place a 2 out of 10. It looked very drab and dismal, and location was too far out of town for us. Reception hardly made eye contact with us, as too busy making sure they swiped our credit card rather than asking how our journey was or any small talk. Once taken to our room (we booked the presidential suite), upon opening the door we was greeted with stale cigarette smoke, and a carpet that you wouldn’t let your dog walk on. I was polite in informing reception that this room was no good. And was told that housekeeping would open the windows and clean the carpets. This made no difference, so I asked for another room, didn’t matter what, as long as it was clean, and was told I cannot be “downgraded” (I wasn’t after a refund, just a clean, smell free room) Even though it was cold, keeping all windows open all the time helped. Upon checking out, I made sure to iterate my view on the stinky room. Quite frankly I don’t think they gave a damn. I would never return to this hotel or any associated with the chain. It’s appalling.

Nothing, the place needs an overhaul, and is not suitable for me.

Lovely hotel, close to metro, so getting into town was easy. Reception staff were not welcoming.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Pool Access

Reception staff were professional, but not very friendly or welcoming. That was a shame, as it was our first time in Milan and we went took great pains to review and book this hotel. We expected better from a 4*.

The doormen and housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was well furnished with lovely views of the gardens. The room was clean and a good size.

Fancy hotel

Great hotel - got upgraded so my experience was even better. Room was luxurious and the breakfast was great. If you want a fancy hotel for your trip, this is a great choice.

Nice hotel but the rooms were too small.

We were 2 people sharing a room. The beds were too small and the room was small as well.

The breakfast was very nice and the staff was helpful in answering all our questions regarding transportation etc.

A good Milan option for good standards, great food and froendly service.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Pool Access

Quite disappointed to have paid extra for a room with preferred access to thehotel’s spa thento be advised, atcheck in, the spa would be closed for the entire duration of my stay. I should have been advised ofthis orior to booking.

Very friendly, very helpful staff, very enjoyable food at this hotel’s delightful top floor restaurant.

Great hotel and location for a trip to Milan. The helpfulness of the staff was exemplary

It is a great hotel with a great location! When I forgot my cufflinks for my shirt the and needed replacement ones quickly the staff couldn't have been more helpful! We can heartily recommend Grand Visconti Palace to anyone for a weekend break in Milano.

Nice place, friendly stuff and perfect location. Would recommend

The entrance for the spa costed 15€ which is actually not a problem but the door of the sauna couldn't be closed properly without extra force and the jacuzzi hydromassage worked only for one of the seats when it was supposed to work for four seats, so it was useless for more than one person which wasn't very nice as we went to the spa center mainly to use the jacuzzi.

Very friendly and good informed personal. Amazing location of the property and cosy rooms. The garden view was very nice and we enjoyed our stay a lot. We would be surely coming back.

Nice comfort hotel in a goog location

Very poor light in the room Expensive

Location cleanes Helpfull staff Very good cristmas dinner .......................................... ..................................................................................................

Nice stay in Milano

There is an amusement parc just across the hotel with very loud techno music. We couldn’t have a proper rest till 22h when they finally turned off the music.

The room is spacious and comfortable. Everything was very clean. The swimming pool and spa was ok.

Not a good value for money

The free internet was totally lame! Come on guys, we are in 2017, mostly of the content available requires a decent broadband. I’ve already stood in places way less fancy but with a decent Wi-Fi connection. Besides that Internet issue, I guess they could take more care of jacuzzi in the spa. The water was bubbling a brownish foam but even though we’ve decided to take a chance and, in the next day our skin become very itchy. Lastly, the breakfast was a little disappointing: there was a good variety but most of then tasteless. I guess they could try others suppliers for fresh food.

The bed is huge and comfy, the location was nice since we were very close to a subway station and cleanliness of the room was worthy of mentioning as something nice.

very nice hotel and staff better for business location wise

bed felt short for me, tv was too small, cant activate the AC as I want as it was globally controlled cold or hot, not enough soap in. wifi was free but capped at 60k per device and you had to resign in every 24 hours. they had 6 euros pack for 24 hour with better speed (I guess 250k) and what would seem unlimited for 10 euros per day and this wasn't disclosed as far as I could see. the elevators are super busy and slow.

very nice and helpful staff, very nice room and very clean, well stocked with towels and bath robs as well as slippers. wifi reception is superb. restaurant and taxi bookings are very well managed. overall I would recommend the place just make sure you understand its 20 min from the center and you will have to take that in account for taxi fairs.

The rooms are nice and cozy and the breakfast on the terrace...

We had a problem with the parking,before booking, i was sending email especially to ask about the parking and the hotel staff just replyed me that no booking is needed. When we arrived, very tired and late... actually no parking was available and we had to go and find a parking by ourself like 30 min walking distance far away from hotel. The internet is very slow, quite disappointed for a 4 star hotel nowadays need to pay for high speed internet....

The rooms are nice and cozy and the breakfast on the terrace was perfect.

Friendly staff (expect one barman)

Really unsatisfying place. It says 4-star-hotel, but it's barely a 3-star one. Really noisy (noises from the waterpipes, corridors, other rooms), non-clever designed bathroom (you can't sit on the toilets without knocking your knees against the marble, the shower is drifting on the ground, the bath is too tiny). Disappointing facilities: you have to pay to access to the pool, the jacuzzi is cold, the wifi connection is really slow, no preprogrammed TV (we had to ask at the reception for a maintenance), old paintings scratching from the walls, expensive room service that costs 8€ per order and is not available after midnight whereas we were just arrived after a flight delay and the doorman recommended us to buy a kebab in the area which was completely deserted (WTF?!). And in addition to this, a really expensive price for those conditions: almost 200€ per night...We're used to travel and visit luxury places and that whole place is clearly overrated. We severely don't recommend this hotel in Milano. Avoid it like the plague!

Friendly staff (expect one barman)

Durind the night it was very cold in the rooms, we...

Durind the night it was very cold in the rooms, we couldn't set the temperature from the room controler because it was already set it on 22 Celsius degrees ( it was much colder in the room) and when I asked at the reception to solve this problem they told me that I could open the bathroom door because it was there a small towels radiator inside who could warm up the temperature ( the radiator was barely warm). !

We had a lovely first class hotel from which we could explore Milan. Lesiure area needed some work.

I was very disappointed with the leisure facilities. You were charged ten Euro’s for dirty changing rooms, lockers with doors hanging off, no soap in the hand dispenser no hand towels either. The wooden slats around the jakuzzi were broken and I stumped my tie as a result of this. The jakuzzi was clearly broken certainly not pumping the water out at any pressure. The leisure area was almost at complete opposite end in terms of service and style to the rest of the hotel. Very dissapountng has the pool area was one of the reasons I booked this hotel.

Hotel rooms were beautiful and well maintained by the staff. The staff themselves very helpful.

luxury hotel with good facilities close to local underground 4 stops to Duomo, 10 mins.

in Italy surely coffee at breakfast could be better than brewed type ? on site underground parking 29 euro too much

v friendly front desk staff. bed comfy. sauna and steam room v good even with 10 euro extra. breakfast ok. but catering for large numbers is standard fare.

Brief overnight stay between Lugano and Linate Airport;

My room was at the end of a corridor and there was a flapping sound from an exterior air vent that was irritating. Very few English language tv channels.

Room was very comfortable, lovely bed and excellent shower. Really lovely buffet breakfast. Very convenient to Lodi TIBB metro station for easy access to the city centre and Centrale FS;

Ok, would not stay here again. Not luxurious

Powdered scrambled egg You have to pay 15euros for pool and steam room Poor gym Overpriced

Location was close to metro station and a local restaurant franks fish place

Very nice hotel, close to subway.
    • Superior Twin Room

We would have liked fresh squeezed oranje juice. Service rather slow in restaurant. Food items not replaced quick enough at breakfast buffet.

Comfortable beds, changed every day. Very quiet. Good service.

Dissappointing

Beds and Pillows. No Water was provided Asked us to drink tap water which is not good for any frequent traveller.

We ordered a Double Bed, we got a Double bed with two single mattresses; this is really disgusting for a hotel of this caliber!!!

The rooms were fab.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite with Pool Access

later time to use pool / spa as we could not use it once in the 4 days?

The rooms were fab. serviced very well daily, friendly staff. fairly conveniant location near subways and restaurants (especially the restaurant that is very nearby IVAN & FRANK ) With waiter satar that prepares meals in front of you. Truly theatrical and taste to tantalise your taste buds.

Italian style, hospitality and a little luxury - lovely place to stay in Milan
    • Junior Suite with Pool Access

The spa area could do with a bit of an upgrade - the jacuzzi was cloudy and I was not sure about the cleanliness so did not venture in.

Grand Visconti Palace was the perfect weekend away treat. It has the Italian style and warm welcome from the staff. Great location, near to the Metro with easy access to the Duomo and you can also get a tram to the canal area. We had a gorgeous Sunday lunch sat in the sunshine. I also liked the pool and sauna, which was included with our room.

Satisfying and comfortable. Recommended.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite with Pool Access

No iron n ironing board. We had one of the suites with adjoining rooms, but I think it is the placement of the suites in the hotel, none of them could have a view.

The staff is one of the greatest assets. The hotel has some old world charms but with all modern facilities. Though not right in the middle of town but very convenient with the subway just 5 mins walk away and taxi to town centre is around 10 to 15 euros. I will stay there again when I return to Milan.

Not worth it! Overpriced!
    • Junior Suite with Pool Access

Hugely overpriced - we were unlucky it was the MONZA F1 Weekend. Spa is a JOKE - and if you got another room less than Junior Suite you probably even not to pay for the Spa access (we had free vouchers with our package). The pool is murky and spa area is dirty, the sauna and steam bath super tiny. We didn't dare to try the Jacuzzi. Looked dirty too - and tiny, just for max. 2 people. Towels provided in the Spa area are super-tiny. All pictures on their web are FALSE. Breakfast for that kind of property and price they MUST do a lot better. Selection was ok, but material quality sub-standard for such kind of Hotel category. Parking lot with DANGEROUS entry. You have to park your car half way in a very busy road (very very dangerous) get off the car and ring the reception bell to get the gates open. We drove in/ out 4 times and had 4 times a VERY dangerous situation. Our Junior Suite was facing the busy road. Even the windows are quite strong - you can still hear people talking outside and clearly hear the noisy traffic. Upon check-in we were told that all Junior Suite facing the front of the Hotel (means they are ALL noisy). All in all we can NOT recommend this Hotel and will NEVER go back. Unless you come without a car, are not a breakfast or Spa person and book the Suite which is obviously facing the inner yards (which are quite nicely maintained).

Room was ok, good space for a junior suite. In room service + food was good, though Red wine selection for an Italian hotel poor.

Good location for the metro and easy to get around Milan.

Visited in August when a lot of the city seems to be on holiday - hotel pool did not open until 10am during this period which we were not aware off and disappointing to miss early morning swim.

Good location for the metro and easy to get around Milan.

The location of the hotel is ideal.

We waited 20 minutes for our drinks to be served by Henry in the garden on August 14th being the only guests in the garden (under the tent). And when I asked for a bottle of water we waited for another 15 minutes. That´s not really Palace-like style.

The location of the hotel is ideal. Metro station Lodi is nearby. The breakfast is outstanding (except: no eggcups available for the boiled eggs on August 16th).

Comfortable and convenient hotel.
    • Junior Suite with Pool Access

Swimming pool closes too early for kids, problems is there is a sauna for adults in the same place. It could be more kids friendly in that regards.

Comfortable bed, very clean, good location.

Not entirely honest about the pool :-(

The main picture for this hotel is the pool and is the reason we booked the hotel for an overnight stop. Unfortunately when we arrived we were told that the pool shuts at 20.30 (17.30 to children) and doesn't re-open until 10.00. We stayed late the next day so that the children could use the pool and were then charged for its use, even though we were staying at the hotel! (plus another E5 for swimming caps)

Luxurious hotel with friendly staff, great breakfast and comfortable rooms

Beautiful hotel in a great location. Would definitely stay there again.
    • Superior Twin Room

The hotel rooms don't have clocks, I had to rely on my phone for the time

The hotel staff were wonderful, very friendly and helpful with my touristy questions.

Nice hotel, rooms, garden and pool.
    • Suite with pool access

Arrived at the hotel at 14:00 for check in but our suite was not available until 17:30, very bad managed by the reception staff. Me and the family had to sit and wait at the hotel for 3 1/2 hours to get our room, with only a excuse as compensation. Hotel concierge later offered a fruit basket which at least the kids loved :-)

Nice hotel, rooms, garden and pool. Close to the subway which makes it easy to see the city. Hotel concierge Bernie Gallotta made our stay excellent !!

A good hotel

It cost €15 for two of us to use the swimming pool. Pool was quite cold and the jacuzzi was like a bath. €29 per night to park.

The service, over all comfort level, cleanliness.

Elefant City Hotel not far from Milan's Centre

The hotel is not a cheap one - and they charge extra for using the Pool. Free Wifi is so slow you can hardly use it. They offer a faster option - but against additional payment .

Coffee services during breakfast . Underground parking garage Only 2 min walk from the metro station

Good hotel, nice staff
    • Junior Suite with Pool Access

The swimming pool didn't open until 10 am. We were travelling through milan and an early morning swim would have been great for the kids but it did not work out that way.

It was fancy, the staff was nice, good breakfast. The concierge helped us by recommending an great restaurant 1 block away, we had a great meal.

Nice location room is comfort staff is friendly

The price of hotel is not so higth but not cheap either We just get disappointed because of we must pay 15 € extra per person to use the pool.

Nice location room is comfort staff is friendly

Will Return

Jacuzzi in spa wasn't that great.

Hotel was really nice and ideally located to Lodi T.I.B.B metro. Room was nice and bed was comfortable. Rooms were soundproofed too, so I had a great nights sleep. The pool was lovely to use and quiet and benefitted from a sauna and steam room. Staff were helpful.

Thr staff was very kind.

Product quality at breakfast can be improved. It was very hard to get the iron machine in the room. Seems was the only one available in the whole hotel. The bed was juge but was made of two single beds joined. Once in the middle it was easy to split them apart.

Thr staff was very kind. Metro is nearby. Rooms are cozy.

Acceptable, but by no means excellent

- Breakfast is sub-standard for this price class. What you would expect in a <70€ holiday inn (most fruit from tins, bacon not enjoyable, no fresh juice, eggs boiled to death, scrambled egg from the bucket) - Official breakfast time until 10:30. At 10:20, gardeners started mowing the lawn, very noisy and completely ignoring the many guests still having breakfast. Everyone was a bit shocked, not used to this in a hotel of this price class. Felt like comedy

- Nice building - Good coffee

The SPA area: water in the swimming-pool pleasantly warm and...

The SPA area: water in the swimming-pool pleasantly warm and even warmer in the whirlpool, the SPA experience was super-relaxing and reinvigorating. Also the restaurant had very good dishes and excellent service.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Not good

The pool area is not included in the price of the room. 15 € / 2 / day. The pool is verrous. The deckchairs are vetuste. The jaccuzi does not work properly. The hygiene of the cloakroom is completely to review. The staff comes with shoes in the pool area. This is really disappointing. More can send emails requesting an explanation but no continuation. Do not expect a quick return. This is not a 4 star hotel at all. The rooms are pretty good. Small bemol when has space that is too small. Perfect breakfast.

Room and breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Superb experience

Nothing to not like

Absolutely fantastic experience of luxury. From the first moment we entered the hotel we had such a great personalised experience. Staff were attentive and facilities second to none.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Good for weekend in Milan

The staff wasn't very friendly, helpful, or even welcoming. Front reception people avoided eye contact, and I stood there for a long time while he was busy staring at a computer screen. I dropped laundry at reception early Monday morning- 3 guys there doing nothing, and one was annoyed because I was supposed to call for pick up.

Hotel is a short walk to metro for easy connections. Very large rooms and well maintained.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Fabulous hotel, but couldn't take full advantage of the Health Centre/Pool!

Health / Leisure Centre / Pool should be open in broader schedules so people in business trips can take advantage of it as well; 06:00 to 22:00 would be a great pool schedule!

Really enjoyed my stay with the Hotel! Staff was super nice and friendly, and the hotel facilities were great!

Great hotel, pricy for the experience, wifi unusable

The rooms looked a little worn out. Chipped bathroom door, toilet lid was broken. The bathroom was not very well thought out. Bathtub was very slippery, and to make things worse the bottom was round. The towel hangers were on the wall opposite to the tub. The light wss not enough for shaving. We wanted a bed for two persons, with one mattress. Instead we got two joined one person mattresses. For a hotel that was 373€ per night I would expect more. This seems to plague most hotels in Europe

The staff was very friendly. Very clean rooms. Nice looking hotel and rooms.

Too expansive and too little service

wifi is a ridiculous; free version is hardly able to send mails, proper internet access is 10€/24h (attention, you pay for every device). After complaining, the receptionst only replied in Italian.

Direct connection to subway, quiet rooms, nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The Palace would make you speechless as soon as you cross the door to the reception.

Check-out schedule was a bit early for us.

Facilities were incredible, staff very helpful. The view from the living room balcony was magnificent. We loved how it felt like home and not an hotel. there was also a dog called Zeus walking around, the cutest thing! We had a welcome gift sent to our room and in the night you can stay in the palace/living room when no one is around. Breakfast was really good too. Impressed!

Fabulous!
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite with Pool Access

I wasn't impressed with the immediate surrounding area but the hotels interior certainly made it worth it. Still very close to the centre of Milan (duomo area)

The suite was amazing! Nicest we have stayed in. We didn't even go out our second night as we wanted to enjoy it! Beds were so comfy and breakfast was beautiful. Especially the scrambled egg! Would love to stay again it was perfect!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

We shall come back again to the Grand Visconti Palace.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Pool Access

Hairdryer was difficult to use, especially for anyone with rheumatic or arthritic fingers.

The room was clean, spacious and most comfortable. Housekeeping was excellent. Linen changed every day. Bed turned down every evening. The Spa facilities were top class, as was the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Weekend visit to Milan

We did not realise there was a charge for using the spa facilities (pool, sauna and steam room). It is a spa hotel so you would think using these would be included in the cost of the room, especially as it was not cheap. Book treatments in advance of going as they get booked up really quick.

The hotel was amazing, with staff who were couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast was really good and set us up for the day; the choice on offer was just wonderful. The rooms were very plush and comfortable. The metro was nearby so there was good access to the Duommo and the shops.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Very Good!

Very good stay! The staff in the reception dest is very nice and they had upgrade the room for me. In a word, it's very worthy to stay and the subway just in 2 mins walk. Strong recommened.

Cleanliness, geandeur, comfort

We booked the hotel based on its lovely pool and spa and it wasnt until after we checked in that they told us we would have to pay 15 euro each extra to use it. We didnt bother. Booking.com should make this apparent BEFORE customers confirm thier booking, not in the smallprint of the confirmation email afterwards. Also they were going to charge us 30euro for breakfast so we went to a nice clean cafe globe across the street and had a lovely croissant and coffee each for 4 euros in total! I would recommend all guests do that!

Cleanliness, geandeur, comfort

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Breakfast buffet was generous and varied.

We appreciated the bargain rate we got for our stay. At full price the hotel lacked the real character and style we so much loved elsewhere in Milan. Pool and spa were under renovation and disappointing.

Breakfast buffet was generous and varied.Location great for central Milan and staff on the door helpful. Central garden area must be wonderful in Summer.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

A good place to stay!

A shuttle service to the city center would be good, since the hotel is located a bit away from the heart of the town.

We had a very comfortable stay at the hotel. The concierge was very helpful and overall, the service was good.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Very clean and nice hotel with a wonderful breakfast but get ready to pay extra for a decent wifi

The bed need to be changed and we were really surprised by the poor quality of the wifi. If we want to have a decent wifi we need to pay for it. Same with the use of the swimming pool. We have to pay for the entrance to the swimming pool and this is not what you expect from a hotel which carries the word "palace" in the name.

Very nice hotel. Very clean. The breakfast was excellent and we enjoyed it very much.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to enjoy...

Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to enjoy facilities like wellness, indoor pool and restaurant. For the rest, it is a really good choice for a leisure stay in Milan.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

The room and breakfast was really good.

Which I didn't like to pay the parking fee, because it was very expensive..I accept to pay the parking fee, but would be nice if the price is normal.

The room and breakfast was really good.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Great location / lot of admin that can be boring

A lot of signatures required at check-in - really looks like you're giving them permission to suck all your bank accounts Wifi connexion is also long

Great location - great standards Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Good short stay venue in Milan

Don't recommend the bar menu. If you want a light snack go out

Breakfast was excellent. Good coffee. Location is for metro stops from Duomo. Metro is easy to use and the ticket menu has options for English, French, Italian and others.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Beautiful hotel. Horrible block.

The only bad thing is the surroundings, it's a bad area for such a nice hotel.

The room and breakfast were very nice. The night receptionist very friendly and professional. Beautiful building.

Browse Grand Visconti Palace traveller photo gallery