Reviews of Grande Albergo Potenza 4 stars

C.so XVIII Agosto 46, 85100 Potenza, Italy

#3 of 7 hotels in Potenza

• Economy Single Room

The breakfast was quite modest, even when the window was open, the air in the room was fresh enough, i did not manage to get the air conditioner work. Sockets need adaptors as they are too thin for eg laptop.

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, very clean rooms, looks renovated, nice and clean bathroom, comfortable bed

• Economy Single Room

Breakfast could be improved and it should be added in the room description that these two rooms at the first floor are looking at a wall, so people know about it.

My room at the 1st floor was looking at a wall, and I could hear some noise from the next room, and breakfast was full with baked cakes and pastery but not fresh stuff. However, as I was using the room only for sleeping, I would say it was good for the value. And the personnel was super helpful, they made all type of arrangements for my leaving like printing bus schedules, calling the taxi etc. And the restautrant has a great view of the valley.

Because my visit was a mix between business and pleasure I booked this hotel after reading about their restaurant and bar. This was because I had arranged to meet some clients/friends for a cocktail in situ followed by dinner in the hotel restaurant - intentionally planned to take place in the hotel because my partner has problems walking even short distances. Imagine my disappointment when we arrived to find both the bar and the restaurant closed - on a SATURDAY night! When I asked the check-in receptionist why they were closed, she answered that they always closed for one night a week and Saturday was a quiet night for them. In fact, there were only 20 people staying there. I would have totally understood this. But the hotel had noted this on their site I would have organised my stay at a different hotel. I therefore felt tricked. As we had already checked in, I had to change my clients arrangements by getting them to go to another restaurant and my partner was forced to walk into the Duomo area (steps included) in near freezing conditions. In future, I SUGGEST THAT THE CLOSURE OF BOTH BAR AND RESTAURANT BE PUBLISHED ON THE HOTEL SITE / BOOKING.COM so that potential guest have full and accurate information to base their decisions on.

Everything was wonderful, no complaints or problems

I can't say enough about this hotel, they go above and beyond to make sure you have an wonderful experience. If I could give a higher score than 10 I would

One Elevator not working when the door is not closed, but you cannot close the door from inside as there is no handle, it is supposed to close itself under its own weight but ... didn't ! And Stairs not clearly indicated as it more looks like an emergency exit so was a bit of a struggle to go downstairs the first time... Other few details like this are to be improved but globally fine hotel :)

Globally fine hotel, well located, very professional staff (too much in my opinion as I prefer nice friendly feel-at-home staff but that is their way and I respect it)

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Valentina's colleagues were pretty hopeless. Aircon didn't work so rooms were like saunas. The night we stayed, a private function had exclusive use of the terrace - which was one of the reasons we selected that hotel. Complaints to the staff about this received a blank response. It certainly didn't feel like a four-star hotel. So Valentina notwithstanding, I'd swerve this place.

Valentina (on reception when we checked out) was extremely helpful, putting in a lot of effort in helping us on to our next destination (public holiday meant that only transport option was a ninety euro trip by cab to Matera, and Valentina checked all other possibilities).

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Wifi very spotty and not even available in this our rooms. Our friends and I had to come to the lobby to get online. Was difficult to find with our gps and construction around hotel made it difficult to get to the hotel.

Breakfast buffet was awesome.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The decor was looking a little tired (scuffed paintwork etc) but it was end of season and I guess it will be redecorated for next year.

The receptionist advised the restaurant was closed for dinner (end of season) and recommended a local place within walking distance where we enjoyed one of the best meals we have had on this trip, at the most reasonable price! This a a good value for money hotel -nothing fancy but honest!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Nothing. We came by train and knew that the station in Potenza is in the valley below the city, there are buses to take you to about 300m from the hotel, or you have to use a taxi.

View from the window. Helpful staff. Good restaurant. Location right next to Potenza old city centre, reached up a short flight of steps opposite the hotel entrance.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Economy Single Room

The absence of in room hot drink catering - I carry my own set of teas to suit my mood and needs; but they all need hot water - as I often work strange hours due to my connections being across the world so often want a hot drink when the hotel's facilities are closed

I was on a journey Lecce to Napoli with little time to spare. So I was arriving late 'after hours', essentially - in the event, much later than intended as I had missed the link to the autostrada from the coast road (does anyone 'get' Italian road signage?) - and was having to make an early start the next morning to meet my commitments in Naploli. So I needed everything to work without any fuss and bother. And it did. The concierge was excellent handling my needs for quick refreshment (fine coffee) and parking and the room was clean and comfortable and after a cleansing shower I was soon asleep. In the morning, I was up and about before official breakfast; but the concierge - still there from the late night before - provided freshly made coffee and croissant whilst preparing the breakfast area for its later occupants. Saw the sunrise over the mountains from the view on the patio dining area and was quickly on my way. Overall, as with most other places I have stayed in southern Italy, my feeling was of being warmly welcomed as a traveller rather than being in any way a nuisance. So refreshing compared with many other places around the world. Lovely place; the one person I met at the hotel was totally welcoming and helpful. Would choose the place again if the opportunity to revisit arose.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

It is missing a gym, for the rest allnis perfect

Decent breakfast. Friendly staff. Nice garage being not too expensive (12 € per Night). Perfect location. Oh so quiet...

• Double Room (1 Adult)

very poor breakfast, no wifi in the room

good location, fast checkin-checkout, very good personnel, service

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Restaurant closed on Saturday evening ( because it was Easter )

Fantastic views from the bedroom across the city and afar

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Good. Breakfast

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Wifi didn't work in room - had to go to foyer

Large & comfortable room Staff were helpful

• Economy Single Room

Friendly staff, close to the city center

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Good location. Parking available. Helpful staff. Nice view of the valley.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Best location in the city centre of Potenza with €12 per day secured parking space. Near by high street shops, restaurants and bars.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Clean. Great view.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

We stayed in the second floor, and there was a big rock party "extremely noisy and crazy" right in the first floor. The party hadn't stopped until midnight (12:30AM). We have a 3 years old kid and we had drived a long way to come here but no one could sleep well! We called 3 times to the reception but they said there is nothing the hotel can do. We even tried to call the police in the end!!! To pay for 135 Euro in exchange of this kind of service is really unaccetapble. Will never recommend it to any of my friend.

spacious room

• Reviewed: 15 June 2015

Bar seemed to have limited opening times. Our room safe was locked shut and although someone did promptly come to fix it, this was not successful.

Staff are pleasant and efficient though some of them have limited English. Lovely views over town to mountains from bedroom and the breakfast terrace. Nice large room, very clean and big comfortable bed and good bathroom. very central.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

typical Italian air conditioning

location view from 5th floor

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Great place. Great staff. Recommended.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

Breakfast was very poor, no variety, old fruit, recycled cakes, no refilling of food

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Grande Albergo Potenza traveller photo gallery