Reviews of Grand Hotel Vanvitelli 4 stars

Viale Carlo III, 81020 Caserta, Italy

#7 of 21 hotels in Caserta

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

We only stopped here for one night as we headed into S. Italy. It was OK for one night.

Very close to main highway. Our AC, as was our friends' room, was not working. But we couldn't really open window to sleep due to traffic noise.

Beautiful bar and restaurant.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Vanvitelli review

Gym was average and had only basic weight equipment. European hotel gyms compare poorly with 5 star Asian/Indian counterparts.

Ambience and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Luxurious accommodation at affordable price.

Everything was excellent.

The design and layout of the hotel gave it a luxurious feel. We loved the spa, restaurant and pool area. The staff were extremely helpful and spoke excellent English. We extended our stay by four days.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Great place to visit the palace.

Only minor things really.

The hotel is very nice, especially the public areas. The room is comfortable with modern cons and ideal for a short stay. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant and the included breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

the best hotel of our Italian trip'18. will warmly recommend it

nothing to say here

We stayed overnight on the way from Fiumicino after evening landing to Amalfi coast with Caserta Royal palace in mind. It was really surprising to find this high quality hotel with its wonderful old-fashioned luxury style and very friendly professional staff. The breakfast was good accordingly and with wide spectrum of choice. Despite Booking.com definition "free public parking at location nearby" we found free parking in the hotel's garage, which was perfect for our late arrival.

We had an evening meal in the restaurant.

We had an evening meal in the restaurant. After three weeks traveling in Italy and having fantastic meals, this was by far the worst meal we had. All four courses we tried... the meat was tough; both the 'Angus' and the veal. The pasta was way too salty. The shrimp appetizer was not appetizing.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Nice hotel but wouldn't stay there again.
    • Quadruple Room

The hotel is not geared up for English families on holiday. Its mainly geared towards Italians and business/ conferences. Some of the staff are not very friendly or helpful at all and speak very little English so communication is an issue. The swimming pool is nice but cold. There is no coffee or tea making facilities (or milk) in the room. The breakfast is basic, repetitive and not really what you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The taxi drivers at Naples airport will rip you off, so pre-book your taxi before travelling. We were charged 120 Euros to travel 20 Kilometers from the airport to the hotel. It should cost no more than 50 Euros.

The rooms was big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids. The hotel is stylish with nice furniture/ decor.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Pretentious hotel with awful service

I was trevelling with my two small kids, 9 and 5 y.o. I have booked a room, I think it was supposed to be a double room, as far as kids until 5 y.o. allowed to stay for free in the existing beds. I especially wrote additional message to the hotel that we are three persons, and asked if they can put an additional bed in the room, though it was without answer. When I arrived, they gave me a family room for 4. After I opened the door of the room, I discovered, that it is not clean!! All the beds were made up, but linings were used! On one of the bed there were apparent traces that somebody was lying on it after cleaning!! I have never such experience with hotels before! Ok, in half an hour they fixed this problem and cleaned the room. The next morning, while check-out they were trying to charge me for a price of a family room!! The receptionist was really shouting on me, that how I want to pay a price of double room if we are three! It was just outrageous! I don’t recommend this hotel.

Big rooms, big comfortable bed

Good reception and good rooms
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The breakfast was not so good, scrambeled eggs are bad, the tometos are not fresh, some of the sweets over baked or heated. The waiters didnt take care enough for guets and so on.

Good reception and good rooms

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Grand hotel, strange location

Staff we found a bit hit and miss. Eleanora was lovely but others we found to be a bit stand offish and not very approachable. I was so confused by the location- here you have a very grand hotel in a not nice location. It is a very industrial area - there really is nothing around you and it's not very pretty. It's quite close to the Grand Palace (if you have a car) which I'm sure would have been great but it wasn't open which was a shame. The rest of Caserta was pretty dead and not an inspiring place. We stayed there as it seemed like a good half way house between the Amalfi Coast where we had been and Rome where we were flying home from but I wouldn't stay there again and I wouldn't recommend it. It wasn't a bad hotel but as a tourist I wouldn't recommend Caserta.

We arrived well before check in but a receptionist (Eleanora) was so helpful and arranged for us to change rooms to a cleaned one that I think was probably an upgrade on what we had paid for so we were very happy with our room and the fact that we could check in early. The breakfast was also very good as there was such a large choice and as we were in a rush that morning the buffet style meant we could eat quickly and go. Our bed was very comfy and the curtains thick and heavy so we slept very well. The decor of the place is very opulent and grand and feels luxurious, although if you have modern tastes you might not like that, but I did. There is plenty of free parking which is always a bonus and a nice outdoor pool with shaded loungers (although I got eaten alive by mosquitos so couldn't stay out long).

Location. Took ages to find it. The address via the website is not correct. Had to get verbal directions from the staff as no postcode for the area? ???

The hotel was superb and the bed really comfy. Only stayed one night but wished more to fully appreciate it.

Fab hotel, good staff, lovely food and wine, nice pool but needs more going on there.

The onsite facilities were poor and I really think most people would enjoy evening entertainment.

The hotel is beautiful and very opulent in décor. The location was a let down because it seems the hotel is in an industrial zone so if you don't have a car, there isn't much to do around the place. The nearby restaurants (3) were all closed for their summer holidays! I think the hotel should consider evening entertainment and I noticed a piano in the bar area of one of the buildings but nobody ever seemed to play it. There is a beautiful spa there and top marks for that but for mums with kids it's probably impossible to get a few hours away so a creche for the smaller children would be very welcome I think, some face painting or a clown or something to occupy the kids as not everyday was hot enough for the pool. Overall the hotel is fantastic and the waiters in the restaurant were great , friendly and helpful. The food and wine were also great but the hotel needs more going on because of the poor location.

Great location for visiting the Palace of Caserta

Part of the hotel was closed so only one restaurant

Beautiful hotel with lots of secure parking behind remote controlled gates. Only a short drive to the Royal Palace of Caserta and a lovely pool to cool off in after a days exploring. Also only a 20 minute drive from the airport so stress free!

Easy to get on the autostrada North or South.

The pool is very small and Closes at 6pm! Hookers are standing outside on the left in the night and many africans polish carwindows for all who stops for red at the junction outside. The Price is too high, but placed in a nicer area with nicer staff, then perhaps..

Easy to get on the autostrada North or South. A gasstation, pizzeria, McDonalds and a big supermarket is 100 m's away. Airport is around 20 mins driving. Breakfast was okay, servants are somewhat arrogant. Rooms are a nice size but dated. Showers and bathtub is fine.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Beautiful hotel, comfortable rooms, very nice swimming pool,...

Shocking location: in semi-industrial area and next to the motorway :( Staff not very friendly. Big groups of tourists. Loud music next to the swimming pool. Good breakfast but dinner overpriced and not very good.

Beautiful hotel, comfortable rooms, very nice swimming pool, lunch in the garden, parking. But...

Superb

Taxi from the airport, difficult if you take a cab outside use the hotel shuttle is my recommendation. Tried to charge 130euros but the hotel staff were incredibly helpful in resolving. Nothing other than that. If there were any bad points the friendliness of the staff soon made them a distant memory.

Wonderful Stay, staff super friendly, the pool is lovely sometimes the bar and restaurant times a little hit and miss and lots of conferences - not a bad thing at all! Can’t rate the chap behind the main bar enough he was wonderful. There was a chap on reception who was incredibly lovely and also a lady who made us feel so so welcome. Genuinely a lovely place to stay. I would recommend trying the local area too, a very short walk is a great supermarket, fab bar and a delightful family restaurant so don’t feel you have to stay in the hotel and it’s amazing value in all of them. Caserta is a simple 2 to 3 mile walk through some lovely little places and you can totally avoid the main road. Do t be put off by the proximity to the main road as the noise generally is very little. But the walk to Caserta through the villages takes on some lovely views - little English spoke not in the small towns but it was no hinderance as the people are so accommodating and will help all they can. For families there is a great play park a five minute walk left out of the hotel. Genuine, real Italy is how I would describe it.

A pleasant experience looking forward to come back

I can't fault the hotel the only thing We disliked that it was a bit noisy as the hotel is in a main road and our room was facing that way.

Grand Vanvitelli staff were amazing!! Thank you Antonella for all your help and professionalism and all the staff who were warm, friendly and helpful from start to finish. The spa was great with a nice variety of threatments was a good relaxing ending after our visit to mount Vesuvius.

disappointing

Location, location, location. Off an impossible jug-handle--beware Italian drivers! The only bright spark was the very off-putting cheap ristorante down the road that served a wonderful pizza.

This was once a grand hotel in the Italian style. Now blighted by 3 motorways and an industrial estate it is in an impossible location. The air-conditioning didn't work, the breakfast was poor, the staff harassed.

May be a good break from driving the car. Would not recommend to families.

Main disappointment was the swimming pool, which our daughter could not enjoy (3 years). Outdoor swimming pool was closed (I agree it may have been cold) and the indoor swimming pool needed access to SPA (i.e. pay an extra 20-30 EUR). Besides, at the reception we were told that children were not allowed. In general, we had the impression that for the same amount of money, in Rome we got better room, better facilities and better location.

Car parking is large. If filled, you can find other space in the underground garage. Staff is really nice and willing to help. Close to the highway.

It was far from the town center.

It was far from the town center. It would be preferable to have a bus to go to the town center, instead of using personal car and parkings. It was forbiden to go to the swimming pool with my grandgirl of 10 years

This is a european style hotel.

Could use a little external cleaning, or a good powerwash.

This is a european style hotel. So for American's it is a little different. Smaller TVs then US Hotels, breakfast is continental but Italian style. Just different foods. The restaurant is very good and offer lots of choices. The staff is helpful if you ask for different spots to go to. Private gates so car is safe. The pool and external areas need cleaning though. Most of the fountains were off, due to it not being summer.

Well-located upmarket hotel with secure parking
    • Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

Beautiful building and lovely rooms, secure parking, lovely spa (not cheap, but well worth it), and close to the amazing Ristorante Pepe, nothing to do with the hotel, but an amazing place to eat, incredible Neapolitan food.

The hotel and staff were great and the facilities were more like a 5 star with the cost of a 3 star. Fantastic value and the food in the restaurant was first class.

Luxurious Hotel Stay At The Grand Hotel Vanvitelli

Upon arriving at the reception desk we were amazed at the interior of the hotel. Our room was excellent with all mod cons including digital lighting and door control. we had dinner in the evening at the hotel which was amazing the service was excellent. The hotel has Spa facilities unfortunately we didn't have time to avail of them. Breakfast in the morning was of a buffet style and had everything you could want on offer. Really good value stay for such a stylish hotel, we throughly enjoyed our visit. About two miles away is the Royal Palace of Caserta which is well worth a visit. The hotel is close to the main motorway and is 10miles (20minutes) away from Naples airport.

Would not be back again

Hotel is old and our room is not in the main building. We have to find the other door in the very late night. Only one light in the hall during our arrival, maybe we arrived too late. Then hard to find a parking.

Room is big

Disapointing, never more!!!

Very dissapointing for every like spa hotels. It's eventually not tha spa hotel, this is hotel, that is near by the spa. The prices of spa for the guests of the hotel - for 2 (!) hours of using the spa - once I've paid 20 euros per person, then, another day - 30 euros per person. Means that the real price of the property is 170 euros for the room and the spa (only for 2 hours). Service - that was my first time I needed to make my room by myself. The linen and towels were taken from my room during we were in spa. 5 hours took, but the linen didn't change and no towels at all, no cleaning as well. The house keeping trolley was near by my room, so after additional waiting for the personal and after I've get the call for that service, I did it by myself - changed the linen and towels, get out garbage. It's imposssible to use the room, without linen - your can't rest on the bed, no towels' just to wait - for what? Then, I informed the reception, that I did all by myself, the answer was that it's not good, cause I didn't proceed with cleaning(!). Breakfast is dissapointing as well. Esspecially omelete. The caffe mashine and juce mashine didn't work properly every day. Room was not ready. Summary - never more!!!

They are good people, there is good spa facilities, nice building, but...

I was happy to stay here for comfort, ease, location and a good surprise evening meal.

It was a little tricky finding the hotel using a GPS because there is no precise number given on the avenue, which is very long. Also, the avenue is really a busy highway, but the room was quiet enough. The breakfast was a BIG disappointment: no fruit, grey scrambled eggs, and the do-it-yourself coffee machine balked at caffè americano.

The hotel was decorated nicely for the Christmas holidays. Everything was easy. On the recommendation of another client, I tried their restaurant and was surprised to have one of my best meals in Italy: roasted octopus on a bed of mashed potatoes made with olive oil. Delicoius! The location is convenient for visiting the royal palace by car.

fix the sound isolation between the rooms and toward the street and it would be a nice hotel.

the noise isolation - the couple next door partied and did other things. It was like they were next to us. We had a short night, flight home next day, and it was not the nice end we expected from this nice hotel. Nice think you might give customers is access to the spa included in the price

The location of the hotel and the security around it

Beautiful hotel!

Closed swimming pool

Great Breakfast. Great restaurante. People very friendly and helpfull. The pool was closed, so that wasn´t good. But it´s a beautiful hotel!

Got what was expected from a four star hotel.

Got what was expected from a four star hotel. One of the receptionists (Tatiana) was lovely and extremely helpful. I cannot say the same about the other receptionists unfortunately. So the high staff rating I have given is thanks to Tatiana. Restaurant staff were good. Loved the atrium. Parking availability was very handy.

This hotel was simply fabulous and very elegant.

This hotel was simply fabulous and very elegant. The spa was the best spa I have ever been to. The restaurants were great - we ate there breakfast, lunch and dinner on many occasions. Our stay was 10 days and 9 nights. The accomodations were excellent - I would give this hotel a 5 star rating which I believe is the highest in Europe. It was also centrally located and had easy access to the autostrada highway. This was my second stay at this hotel and I will book it again next year when I return to Italy.

It was like a palace!

It was a bit difficult to find the room only because the hotel is enormous.

It was like a palace! We could enjoy even staying inside the hotel because the hotel was huge and all decorations are artistic!

Very Happy. If when i come back they address all the concerns raised it would be an excellent stay
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room's shower needs updating. There is no luggage service trolley to have luggage taken to/from room. The gorgeous fountains were always off. Breakfast is o.k.they need to improve hot food quality and options, as well as the coffee they serve.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful.

it was OK for the deal we had (£840 for 10 days inclusive of Breakfast)

Breakfast (very poor and repetitive), Staff were rude (with the exception of few handful, especially the trainees were polite), staff didn't speak English.

Bed, Room, swimming pool.

The hotel is definitely grand - starting to show a little...
    • Quadruple Room

Although the hotel is beautiful, the area in which this hotel is located is not very nice - the hotel is gated so there was no safety concern. Upon arrival, the front desk had only one staff member, Eleonora, who was doing an amazing job answering two phones and tending to the new arrivals but the wait time was a little long (management should have had more than one staff member on duty at the front desk). The room had a funny layout with access to the balcony through the bathroom. Finally, our room had ants in the bathroom (probably coming in through the door leading to the balcony).

The hotel is definitely grand - starting to show a little wear. The breakfast was great as was the restaurant for supper. We enjoyed the pool (although we were annoyed by the charge for pool towels).

Great place to unwind near Naples airport.

This is not a place to stay if you want to walk into town. However the gated facility was very safe for parking a car and driving around was not too stressful.

The pool and grounds were beautiful. The free breakfast was excellent and dinner was wonderful too. This is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever been in and will return. If you fly into or out of Naples this is very convenient and I plan to recover from jet lag there on my next trip. I will try the Spa the next time too. It is close to the Palace where we caught the Klimpt Experience exhibit. Discounted tickets were available at the desk!

Opulent hotel that looks amazing but in a poor area
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There is nothing wrong with the hotel however it is now in a industrial area which they cannot help as I think they were here first. the area around it is not great to walk about as it was run down there was a Macdonald's and Argentinian steakhouse you could walk to under a motorway bridge but not much else The hotel dinners were not particularly good and the dining room was a little stuffy like a maiden aunt might take you to, so as we stayed a few days we did eat at the local shopping centre 5 minutes away

Breakfast had a wide choice The hotel and decor were very opulent with lots of space The pool was great with a pool side bar It isabout 35 minutes from Pompeii and Herculaneum and a mile from the royal palace

convenient for a stop over

our bathroom had a leaking bath, hotel could do with a touch up and repaint. We stay here annually, the wear and tear is starting to show through now.

served a good breakfast, room comfortable, staff freindly, easy access to Naples airport.

Great value for money

Music around the pool was a little loud,, not sure whether this was policy or an over keen barman. Location is a little out the way.

Room was great, we had a shower cubicle with all the side jets which were mostly all clogged - if you are going to install something like this you should really clean the jets out more often. Other than that the room and bathroom were lovely. The hotel is a mixture of fantastic and ok. The location is more industrial but the whole site is secure with fencing and gates which is nice. The outdoor pool was lovely if a little rough around the edges, but not enough to put you off.

Beautiful.
    • Quadruple Room

Access to the indoor pool is restricted, you have to pay as it's part of the spa.

Beautiful. Clean, quiet and spacious room. Wonderful breakfast. Nice outdoor pool.

Excellent hotel - exceeded my expectations!

If you have a car you can go anywhere with relatively short time. Not very convenient if on foot, not many amenities near by.

The architecture of the hotel is amazing. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are spacious. Very clean, air conditioning and wi-fi available. Parking outside it's gated and cars are secure. The pool is great. Dinner in the hotel was amazing, dishes were really good and service was great. Caserta is very close to Napoli and some of the attractions in the area, but car is needed.

Nice for a pit stop, one night.
    • Quadruple Room

The neighborhood did not match the hotel

It is a really nice hotel in a weird setting looks like the neighborhood went downhill. The hotel is in a gate that opens when you push the button but when we were coming back from dinner a teenager rode his bicycle in behind us. The family room was huge and the beds were good for the 4 of us. There is a refrigerator which was nice.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The room was a little small but lovely and certainly m ore...

The breakfast left a little to be desired, but that really was not a big deal to us.

The room was a little small but lovely and certainly m ore than adequate. This place definitely has the WOW factor. The lobby is amazing with the most incredible chandelier I've ever seen. We loved it!

Good hotel for business or pleasure.

There were no toilets or showers at the pool. You had to enter the main hotel and use the reception toilets when you were at the pool. Similarly there was no bar or snacks at the pool unles you went inside. Bit of a shame but otherwise ok.

Grandeur of the pool and public areas. Having the pool area to ourselves apart from one day, it was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Grand Hotel Vanvitelli

Locked behind iron gates, wasnt sure how to gain entrance. This beautiful well kept old hotel, was enjoyable until you drove out of the gates. Stark contrast.

The grandeur of the entry and atrium. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Very old and used hotel - therefore prob. still big rooms and large entrance hall

- Old furniture, carpets, etc. and smell in the room as if it was a former smoking room - Built-in plastic shower cabin - "difficult" to enter the gate and to find the entrance - not really lighted (seems like they try to save) and no good indications - Close to a big street/highway, therefore loud noise if window is open - Clothes hangers were plastic and looked like the ones one gets in the shop when buying a suite (all different and plastic) - there were plenty of them though

*Swift check-in and more or less swift check-out process *Location was ok, but this will probably highly depend on the need

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Awesome hotel what an amazing place to stay !

Awesome hotel what an amazing place to stay !!!!!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Excellent hotel with amazing looks

Staff at check in were very helpful, beautiful hotel, short drive to Palace, nice restaurant

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Where to start from

Almost no thing

Great experience

Spa Pool Foyer Staff were friendly and accommodating

The hotel's pool was closed for a private event, there...

The hotel's pool was closed for a private event, there was no announcment

Ok

Pool closed

Traweller

Not a reproachful thing.

Price quality ratio perfect and breakfast excellent good.

Week end a Caserta

Position

Frendly staff

The entrnce was only for cars

Frendly staff

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Comfortable beds, wide room, nice welcome at the reception
    • Quadruple Room

Personnel at breakfast... not kind at all

Comfortable beds, wide room, nice welcome at the reception

Faded grandeur

Limited breakfast - 50% cakes Get a car, amazing region but nowhere to walk to A bit of basic maintenance needed

Faded grandeur Nice pool

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Meals are a disaster: in Italy, a risotto with boiled rice !

Meals are a disaster: in Italy, a risotto with boiled rice ! No comment....

Very interesting building.

Very interesting building. Good breakfast and dinner.

Caserta

It was off the beaten track.

Luxurious setting and bedroom. Excellent comfortable bed.

All employees were very helpfull anc friendly.

WiFi can be improved, sometimes unuseable slow.

All employees were very helpfull anc friendly.

Classic Decor

Bed not so comfortable, rooms lacked care and attention to match décor.

Staff in restaurant very obliging. Nice décor of more classic times.

The garden and the building is beautyfull.
    • Quadruple Room

The breakfast is a bit poor. If you stay longer, you have to accept the same breakfast every day.

The garden and the building is beautyfull.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Pool, breakfast

Stewards are not so kind with guests Bathroom not so cleaned

Pool, breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

US Naval Base Naples

No complaints

First of all the location, and everything in the hotel are excellent.

Overall the hotel was very good but service needs to be friendlier.
    • Quadruple Room

Unfriendly staff, not welcoming and impersonal.

Very comfortable and friendly staff.

Very comfortable and friendly staff. Excellent pool area.

Rooms very nice .location not so good.

We were told you have 4 restaurants.were in fact you have only one.

Bed was really good.Food in the restaurant was poor.Breakfast was ok.

Fabulous!!

So accommodating when I had a cancelled flight and they have a fabulous pool

Returning guest.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Parking, car park can get busy.

Great breakfast selection, the children especially enjoyed the pancakes. Room was spacious, pool lovely.

Best choice!

Best choice!!

Beautiful building, well kept.
    • Quadruple Room

Beautiful building, well kept. Friendly & helpful staff. Great spa.

Browse Grand Hotel Vanvitelli traveller photo gallery