Reviews of Granducato 3 stars

Delle Lettere 62, 53045 Montepulciano, Italy

#19 of 20 hotels in Montepulciano

Staff we met were not overly fluent in English (minor inconvenience). Had some problems getting room key to turn in lock. Spouse thought carpet could have been cleaner.

Excellent location, just outside one of the gates to Montpulciano. Modern style, with beautiful view across the valley. Clean, well functioning bathroom. Clean and comfortable bed. Very good rate. Breakfast was additional, and we skipped it due to an early start.

better insulation between walls of the rooms. lighting was very dim in both rooms. first room i was given had no fridge. I had single bed which is fine because I was alone. second room was a double bed room. it had a/c which was hard to figure out so I had someone come in and show me how to program. It had a fridge. I can't remember but I don't think there was a safe in the room.

the buffet breakfast was good but the rooms I had were awful. I was underneath the front door where people gathered to party and smoke. They were noisy until 2 am. i asked for a room change and was placed near the elevator. It was a bit noisy but even more disturbing was the fact that the walls were paper thin and I could hear the guy next door snoring which woke me up because I thought he was in my room! I could also hear everything from the room above me. the location was convenient. It was across the street from bus station which I used to return to train station and it was short walk to couple of nice restaurants, decent walk to the main city center and across the street from a great supermarket.

Bathroom cabin is too little for a woman height 5.10". Room has carpet on the floor. Breakfast is very simple, lack of fruit options.

The hotel is well located and has a parking in front of the hotel. Room had a balcony.

Hotel needs upgrading. Friendlier staff.

Great location: within walking distance to old town and bus station. Free parking at front of hotel looked safe. A room with balcony helped. Good breakfast that was included also helped.

The shower was a little smaller.

The hosts were very nice and accommodating. We reached before check in time and they’re able to keep the room ready. We had a very nice view of the valley. Montepulciano is a small town and the hotel has a good location. There was a local pizza shop, the bus stop was just across the street. The historic center is within walking distance.

Breakfast wasn't so excellent, especially hot drinks (milk, coffee, cappuccino, chocolate) were from the self-service machine and so tasteless that I preferred to eat some yoghurt with cereals instead.

Very nice (though a little bit old-fashioned), quiet hotel, placed on the side of a hill (the ground floor is the top floor and rooms are below the stairs). The car park is right in front of the hotel but there are only few places. The landlord was very kind and explained to us where to park (just a few metres from the hotel) to avoid the hustle and bustle of the fair during the following day.

Very small shower in room, no facilities in room, we always take our own travel kettle in Italy and borrowed cups from bar in reception so not a problem. No free fruit or water as advertised on bookin.com

10 minutes walk into the old town, easy to find on main road, free parking at hotel, pizzeria just round corner, breakfast included (self service), view across valley from room

We had one night with very loud neighbours.

The hotel was an easy 10 minute walk to the old district of Montepulciano and we were very fortunate to have a room with a balcony and a beautiful view. This hotel was probably the best value for our money on this trip.

The location was absolutely fantastic. Very close to bus station and central historical center. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Rooms were clean and breakfast was great!

The shower booth was extremely narrow. Needs renovation. Very basic breakfast.

Affordable, not far from the historic city walls. Easy parking. Close to a supermarket. Rooms are not facing the street so no street noise.

Wifi only available at reception (not in the room) We got a room with 1x double bed and 1x single bed. The single bed was unconfortable

Very friendly and helpful staff Parking in front of property 3-5 min walk to the "inside of the wall" region Cost benefit Supermarket 50m away

Parking in front of the hotel was limited.

After the initial search, location was ideal for our visit. Staff on both shifts (morning and evening) very helpful, room was adequate, breakfast decent. Security was good.

the place is run down with many things like lamps and showers were broken. There were also much dirt on the floor. The place is certainly not a three star hotel as they claim.

great location

The room and especially the bathroom were very old and worn. The carpet was cheap and worn and the concrete floor underneath was lumpy. There was poor insulation between the rooms and the sounds from neighbouring room quite audible. The hotel felt impersonal and the staff hardly visible.

The room was clean and we had a balcony which had quite a nice view. The beds were comfortable

the address is not accurate, i spent 30 minutes on the same street after long journey, i called the hotel 3 times but phone number was busy.

internet was speedy, location was central

Room was spartan and in need of a major facelift - floor had a little pot hole in the middle of it as did the hallway outside the room. Shower was postage stamp size (24" x 24"). Staff for breakfast was nice and helpful, daytime front desk staff not particularly helpful (asked for change for the laundromat - no deal!), had to go buy a cappaccino to get change). Carpet in room was threadbare. WiFi was inconsistently available.

Location to historic city center was good, free parking but very narrow parking spaces. Water was hot. Room had a balcony.

Friendly staff. Simple hotel but in line with room rate. Due to a previous comment on booking.com we were made aware of the elevator which can be used to easily access the city entrance (especially usefulle for disabled visitors). This elevator can be found just outside of the hotel on the left

The location of the property is great, just few minutes walk from the old town. Big balcony with the nice view. You can park your car in front of the hotel, but the number of parking places is limited. Very good breakfast. Nice and friendly staff.

Bathroom was small, outdated and just not great at all. The coffee at breakfast was absolutely undrinkable and breakfast was sparse. We didn't bother with it after the first morning.

The location was great.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Rooms are old. The bathroom wasn't clean. Shower drain was clogged and there was hair on the floor. The shower cubicle was the smallest I have ever seen.

The location is good, walking distance from the historic city center. Free parking and good wifi connection.

Not a sound proof room. Quiet one night but the busy weekend night I felt a group above our room was actually standing in our room talking. Didn't hear other sounds though. Wifi was terrible in the room despite it saying the rooms have wifi on the booking.com description. The shower was so small my husband barely fit in it, but there was enough hot water :).

Close to all the sights and the grocery store and the train station, so great location. Friendly staff. Nice and warm in the hotel in a cold snap late april. Breakfast buffet was great with non sugary items available, museli, plain yoghurt, milk, cheese, ham, coffee, apples (no other fruit), for example. Basic, large room, comfortable bed. Great for a two night stay. Bathroom was clean, service cleaned the rooms each day. Had a hair dryer.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

The room was supposed to have air conditioning. It was broken. That didn't matter as it turned out to be freezing cold. But I don't like lies. It was absolutely freezing so I asked the man on reception to come and show me how to work the heating. He came down and told me there was no way to turn it on because the heating does not work in the first days of October. I told him this was ridiculous as it was freezing cold. I was practically shivering. I said to the man that if the air conditioning was not broken, at least I could try and use it as heating. The man started shouting and screaming and being abusive. I was a little afraid. I said I would complain. He said he didn't care and stormed off. I used all the blankets in the closet (3) and put all my clothes on under the duvet and blankets in order to get warm. That is how cold it was (it is a mountain town) Eventually, the man came down again and offered me another room with working air conditioning (which was much smaller and not very nice) I tried the air conditioning but it did not warm the room, so I opted to stay put as I had unpacked all my stuff already. It didn't make sense to move from one cold room to another. Also, I asked for a view. They gave me a room looking at a wall. All in all, a scary experience and one I wouldn't want to repeat. I actually feared violence from that guy at one point! He was standing right in my room yelling at me. I was a woman alone and really scared. Stay clear of this place!

Room was quite big, bathroom was nice, shower was nice, bed was comfortable....but I could not enjoy sleeping in it as it was as cold as the arctic in early October and no heating.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Location for visiting town is ideal and also to easy to explore other areas.Staff at reception Very helpful and informative.Restaurants nearby within walking distance,view of valley from the room very nice.All in all a good place to stay,wud do it again.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

We forgot our key and spent a tense half hour waiting for the emergency number to rouse the night watchman, otherwise comfortable.

Since we were coming in by train the location was excellent, a xouple minutes from the station on foot. The.staff changed our room to one with a better view

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

My queen bed was really two small matresses together with a sheet. The bathroom was too small, the smallest i have ever seen

It was the best location to see the city. Just a few minutes walking distance. Amazing location.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

I didn't like watching a concrete wall of the garage from my hotel room window. Hotel room outdated but plenty of room any way.

Budget hotel price. Air conditioning worked well.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

The beds were too low to the floor, the mattress lumpy, a new the pillow thin. I always sleep with 2 pillows.

We loved the location of this hotel, as well as the magnificent views. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A lovely breakfast was provided in a delightful, airy dining room. We especially enjoyed the balcony.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

the reception was ok, the good-bye very short, rather not existing; only tiny room, the breakfast coffee from the coffee automatic machine had an ugly taste, you cannot drink, far away from the Italian coffee culture

parking was possible directly in front of the hotel, an elevator was helpful with the luggage

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

- The shower is small - Breakfast is a bit tired and lacking (but is only 3 euros) - includes machine coffee, cereal, fruit, store-bought croissants/pastries (Tip: nothing to do with this hotel at all, but in general watch out for the guys asking to sign drug petitions...a quick online search shows that it's a scam)

- Spacious room - Good price in an expensive town, so we were very happy to have an option here within our budget - Privacy - While it's a bit outdated, it's still comfortable and nice to have a balcony - Immediately outside city gates, so easy to walk into town

Paper thin walls, very noisy during all the night. A wall of cement as a view from the window.

Woda była zimna, więc nie mogliśmy się wykąpać. We didn't have a shower because the water was cold.

Lokalizacja. Lokalization

Staff

Staff not so friendly. Good place otherwise

all good

very good location for travelling using public bus, a lift, helpful staff, good view from window

Rooms are sometimes having smokers inside. I couldnt even fit in ths shower been way too small.

Localisation and parking included

Dirty. Carpeted dusty. Curtains half off.

Not very much. Not A tourist hotel.

Parking and some of the staff were complicated 😬

Location was perfect.

The receptionist could be little bit more kind (but it was ok :-) ) and in my room was little bit cold for me. But i can be just my opinion.

Old, not very clean and not very comfortable. Double bed was made of 2 singles joined together that kept separating..

The facilities...Only a skinny person can enter to the shower.

The staff was friendly and help to us...

The shower stall was TOO SMALL...very inconvenient

Easy walking distance to centre; balcony in room; view

Down town

Orientation of room facing a wall but this is only detail..

Mediocre breakfast. Staff not friendly. Hotel looks very tired. Bathroom small and shower tiny

small shower, no view

Very good localisation! We recommend it espacially because it's very close to beautiful old town.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Difficult to communicate in English.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Close to the bus station and the city center (Montepulciano). Nice view, private bathroom. Everything very clean.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

location incantevole camera bellissima

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

The smallest shower I've seen before.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

U can hear every single sound fr both side rooms. Could not make sleep. But there is no choices in this town.

Close to the terminal.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Location, free parking. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Annoying bug dead and dried up on the head of the bed. Not good!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

best breakfast of trip. very pleased with English news channels.attractive grounds.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Noisy room and small bathroom

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Located very close to the bus station. The rooms were very large with a moderate sized bathroom.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Hotel easy to find with free parking, close to the city center

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Poor breakfast, shower cabin extra small, bad sound isolation, unmotivated staff.

Location, parking.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Shower cubicle cramped.

Close to town.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Lovely staff and very helpful. Close to town, THE ROOM. The shower was exceptionally small but good pressure. Just a little outdated in places

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

A legjobb helyen van.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

Unfriendly staff, basic breakfast

Location is near to the gateway to val d'orchia, private parking just outside the hotel for free!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

The WiFi works very slow inside the rooms, but OK in the lobby. Not very appetizing breakfast. A view of a cement wall from the window. A very small bathroom.

Near the historical center and many tasty restaurants. Free parking space in front.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2015

wifi didn't perfectly work well, it may because the rooms locate on -1 floor.

The reason why I chose the hotel was I was traveling by bus. So it was almost perfect choice since the hotel is just 2 minutes away from the autobus stazione of montepulciano. It is not even far from the main center of the city. Staff are very kind. Facilities are just okay, but nothing too bad. :)

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

Beds need updating, very small bathroom, and no baby crib.

Good breakfast, after much discussion the staff was willing to stay open later to accommodate our late arrival, and the breakfast was good. GREAT location

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

the bathroom was very small, so small that when you sat on toilet your knees were under the sink and the very small shower was difficult to get to. The pillows were flat and hard with no extra's. This was the poorest hotel during our 2 week stay in Italy.

Parking was good

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

Staff didn't speak much English, and even though my companion spoke Italian, they were pretty unaware of any attractions other than the city center.

Located jut down the hill from Montepulciano City Center... An easy walk (all uphill).

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

WiFi was abysmal. Breakfast was just ok. Had to change rooms due to air con not working, receptionist was a bit reluctant until I forced the issue. Big groove in the floor in our room and corridor.

Great location for the town and the price was good for the area. Free parking outside.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

The breakfast was just ok. Coffee was bad. We were unable to access wifi. It didn't register at all in our room ( no option came up) and they didn't offer up code

The staff and location to town were great. We'd stay there again.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2015

Breakfast Coffee was undrinkable TV (not working properly/channels) No coffee/tea facilities in the room

Location and helpful staff Car park

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Breakfast wasn't great but considering the price you couldn't really expect more

Great value and super close to the old town. Free parking is also helpful if you're driving around Tuscany as we were.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Very small bathroom. Breakfast typical for hostels in Europe. Unfortunately: instant coffee served at the breakfast and the juice was quite bad and of a very bad quality.

Friendly and helpful staff. Air-con worked properly. Decent size of the room.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

The hotel is not very clean, mainly due to having old installations.

Good hotel if you want to stay close to the old town of Montepulciano. Altough a little bit old, it was confortable staying here. They have their own parking place available.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

Very small uncomfortable bathroom and shower.

The view from the balcony of my room, the size of the room. Bus station, supermarket very close and the place itself nice and quiet.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

My room was cold and dank with a view of a ivy covered wall. Was given a smoking room. Wifi alternated strong and weak. Mostly weak where I was located. The door didn't have a deadbolt. I didn't feel secure. Front desk closed at 10pm. The hotel has a few private parking spots but were perpendicular to a busy street. My car barely fit so I moved it later to another lot.

Free public parking across the street. 2 min walk to the city gate

There are also 22 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.