Reviews of Granduomo Charming Accomodation

Piazza Del Duomo 1/7, Duomo, 50122 Florence, Italy

#49 of 1,186 Holiday rentals in Florence

9.8

9.8

The Granduomo Charming Accomodation is a must in Florence.

NOTHING !!!

The Granduomo Charming Accomodation is a must in Florence. Everything is perfect from the luxury accomodation to the stunning view on the Duomo, the more than perfect location and of course the staff who is so nice and so helpful. This our 3rd stay ! Absolutely unforgettable.

Wonderful place to stay in Florence.
    • Deluxe Apartment with Duomo View

This is an excellent place to stay - real value for money, friendly, helpful and charming staff, excellent location and a beautiful large room with a kitchenette that overlooked the Duomo. If we visit Florence again we will defiantly be staying here - fantastic!

The stay was fantastic. Our children and both of us loved our stay.
    • Deluxe Apartment with Fiesole Hills View (4 Adults)

Bookings.com can create a system of collecting the Guest ID at the time of bookings itself and also certify that the host proper is verified by Bookings.com. This will save considerable time at check-in. Airbnb does this and becomes as hassel-free check-in and also gives the traveller a confidence about the credentials of the host having been verified by the portal.

Wonderful location; very supportive host and staff; very clean and very good quality linen. They upgraded us to a seperate two bedroom apartment that was very comfortable. If we were to visit Florence again we will like to stay at the same property.

Good hotel for sightseeing
    • Comfort Apartment

I didn't get croissant for the breakfast but very small muffin. Some Chinese guy who maybe stay at the room beside mine smoked in the hallway (just in front of my room!) at 6:30 in the morning!!! It's terrible!!!!!!!

It's very close to Duomo and you can see the cupola at the skytop of this hotel.

Deluxe Apt with Balcony Duomo View Turned out to be no Balcony at all!
    • Deluxe Apartment with Balcony and Duomo View(2 Adults)

I purposely booked for a deluxe apt with balcony duomo view one month before I went to Florence, when I checked in, I was introduced to a room with no balcony view at all and they told me that was the only room they had, which was absolutely absurd! Then they told me it was the same room just without a balcony, I mean seriously if the same why the hell do I have to book the only room with a balcony there, such a disappointment!! Hotel lady said they can't refund the full price even if i chose to not live there, even though it was the hotel's fault to not be able to give me the room I booked for. Then the hotel told me to refund me 50 EUR for room price difference, even after 8 days now I still didn't receive any refund at all, and no news from the hotel ever since they promise would send me a confirmation email after I checked out.

The hotel location is great, with duomo view indeed. The room is quite big.

Superb spacious apartment with a lot of character! Highly recommended
    • Deluxe Apartment with Balcony and Duomo View(2 Adults)

Quality of croissants (too dry) Space for toiletries in bath room No options to use non Italian electricity plug

Best possible location Large unit. Ample space Great balcony with stunning view Friendly staff Coffee Common areas

Location was excellent, lovely and quiet once you step...
    • Comfort Apartment

Breakfast was disappointing. Poor quality and only apricot jam available! No view.

Location was excellent, lovely and quiet once you step through the door. Staff were lovely. Very clean.

Wonderful Florence experience
    • Comfort Apartment

Extremely friendly, helpful staff (even came and found me when I got lost). Beautiful room and building, but the highlight was the rooftop sitting room with magnificent views

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Nice place, close to everything!
    • Comfort Apartment

#... somebody at reception during working day? there was not anybody when we arrived. We did managed to accomodate ourselves"

Amaizing view - S.Maria del fiore; outstanding location! Bright and comfortable apartment! Very clean) There were some food for us for the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

absolutely fabulous
    • Comfort Apartment

nothing, there wasn't a single thing and I am a perfectionist!

Everything was FABULOUS. The view, the room, the bed, the golden ribbon on towels when we arrived, the lovely lady on reception, the library, the skyline room, the light smell of leather in the entrance hall... We loved it! Definitely coming back! Thanks again! You guys deserve 11 out of 10, maybe 12!

This place is fantastic highly recommend it to travellers as somewhere to stay in Florence
    • Comfort Apartment

Fantastic staff, room was amazing, location excellent and the morning fresh croissants delivered to the room were delicious

I Love this Hotel we will Come back again

Very Nice

The location was excellent

The location was excellent

It was so great to stay.
    • Comfort Apartment

It was so great to stay. The accommodation made my wedding holiday special!

Best place to stay in Florence
    • Comfort Apartment

Everything, the location, the staff, the room and accomidations

I love it
    • Comfort Apartment

I always stay in this beautiful hotel when I visit Florence. I became one of the family in there.

Nice but washroom needs much improvement
    • Deluxe Apartment with Duomo View

The washroom.

Beautiful place in magnificent surroundings.
    • Deluxe Apartment with Fiesole Hills View (4 Adults)

Bathroom was a bit small

Incredible locally produced ingredients for all the food we ate. Real rural Italy at its best!

• Deluxe Apartment with Duomo View (4 Adults)

No iron and ironing board

Fantastic location, lovely hotel, great staff
    • Comfort Apartment

Air Con could have been quieter

Great stay, just right for us
    • Deluxe Apartment with Fiesole Hills View (4 Adults)

All great, will book again if we visit in future. Perfecto !!

Everything was just lovely!
    • Deluxe Apartment with Cupola Brunelleschi View

Everything was just lovely!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

A luxurious stay in Romantic Florence
    • Comfort Apartment

Fabulous room with fantastic view of il Duomo. The staff were most helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Very nice and clean room with balcony, helpful staff, best...
    • Deluxe Apartment with Balcony and Duomo View(2 Adults)

Very nice and clean room with balcony, helpful staff, best location, good wifi

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

wonderful location
    • Deluxe Apartment with Balcony and Duomo View(2 Adults)

wonderful location Lovely decoration lot of comfort

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Unbeatable location
    • Deluxe Apartment with Cupola Brunelleschi View

Location unbeatable in Florence. Well equipped apartment.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Amazing location!

Amazing location!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

So good

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

The entire experience was amazing.

I wish the AC was on because it was a little hot sometimes

The entire experience was amazing. The Duomo was a step away, the balcony view was amazing, the room was spacious and they got us breakfast every morning. The best you could hope for in Florence!

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Good.

It was not easy to use a garage. There were lots of one way roads. And I had to walk with trollies hundreds meters. But hotels around Duomo are same :)

Good. Although my room had not the Duomo-view, it was really recommended.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

Location - room decor .

Beware of the bells - if you were planning to lie in - you are right next to the Duomo so bring ear plugs!

Location - room decor . Fact that for an apartment they supply coffee & small breakfast. There is a ( slow) elevator.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

I love the location and the room!

NIL

I love the location and the room! Felt extremely luxurious and the bed is extremely comfortable. The view is priceless as you see the Duomo upfront.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

Great location with a windows right on the Duomo.

The windows are not soundproof and it is quite noisy outsides. I think it's time to spend some money for a light refurbishment.

Great location with a windows right on the Duomo. Very kind and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

The most beautiful little place.

The only ( very small) thing : the croissants could be better :)

The most beautiful little place. Ambience from a lost time. Luxurious beds with view to the Duomo. What more Can you dream of?

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

Everthing actually its my second time stay at this charming...

NOTHING

Everthing actually its my second time stay at this charming & wonderful suit.its location unbeatable right in the center of beautiful Florence.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

The apartment is close to Duomo, you can see the Duomo in...

Nothing to improve, just a little bit hard to find the entrance.

The apartment is close to Duomo, you can see the Duomo in front of you when you go out of the gate. It is easy to go everywhere. Staffs are very nice and helpful. It is just like at my home. Every detail is fantastic. It is the best apartment I had ever stayed.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

Location was good.

The superior suite was not superior. We were over an air shaft which was very noisy. The bathroom was very small, hard to move around in. In was a standard European room at best.

Location was good. Last time we booked a deluxe suite, which was outstanding.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

This is the second visit I have paid to this hotel and it is...

This is the second visit I have paid to this hotel and it is just as beautiful as I experienced three years ago. It is so well situated and allows you to visit a site then pop back if you need to before continuing on your exploring. Using the central staircase helps get you fit for the Duomo climbs although there is a lift if you want. We had a front room this time and it was very quiet due to the double glazed Windows. This place is delightful especially if you are after an experience away from some chain hotel

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

We had the room with the balcony facing the Duomo.

We had the room with the balcony facing the Duomo. What a view! We sat outside at night listening to the violinist and the buzz of the people in the piazza below and it was magical. Also such a beautiful way to wake up each morning. I'd recommend spending a bit more to have the balcony if possible because it really made a difference to our stay. The soundproofing was very good, so once we closed the door, there was minimal noise in the room, and we slept beautifully. The room was clean, with comfortable beds and good airconditioning (essential for a comfortable retreat from the scorching July heat). We had some difficulty with WiFi connectivity, but this really wasn't a problem for us - all the staff were helpful and happy to arrange dinner recommendations and online ticket bookings if needed. The location is perfect - it's an easy walk to the railway station and to most of the key sights. I'd definitely return to Granduomo if I visit Florence again and have no hesitation in recommending it to my friends.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2015

The room was so beautiful and all prepared for us when we...

The room was so beautiful and all prepared for us when we arrived. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They had free breakfast in the fridge for us and delivered pastries to our room each morning! Well worth it!

• Reviewed: 26 June 2015

example of personalised B&B.

nothing really. If I had to find something, WiFi sometimes slow and patchy, but that's in many places (even large hotel chains), and not really a priority.

example of personalised B&B. Nice attention to detail. Clearly caring to provide good service and experience.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

Great location: right next to the Duomo as the name...

The Wi-Fi could be a little painful. Seems that each room got their own Wi-Fi but apparently that doesn't work well and you must go on the universal WiFi, which works extremely slow. Honestly this is the only negative review I can think of.

Great location: right next to the Duomo as the name suggested, center of Florence. Very great stuffs: very nice, very thoughtful and very friendly. Great atmosphere: the style is very neat, decorated with art pieces from all over the world, some could be very playful, and nice books collections. A small and comfortable library with wines, coffee and biscuits supplies, and a rooftop room with views of the skyline of Florence. Most importantly, Granduomo makes us felt very comfortable, it makes the trip even better. Highly recommend this place.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

The staff was 5 star

All good! Really. Exceptional place can't believe there's a better place to stay for the price and IMHO should be more expensive.!

The staff was 5 star

• Reviewed: 13 June 2015

Location, location, location

I arrived and the door was looked. Nobody in the check in area. I spent 1 hour to find a phone to get information. Expensive. It is not worth.

Location, location, location

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

We felt very at home in our room.

Wifi was spotty.

We felt very at home in our room. View and location were perfect. Very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back!

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

Location was unbeatable.

Wifi was not good drops out and very slow and patchy almost unusable which was disappointing.

Location was unbeatable. Rooms were beautiful with amazing attention to detail.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2015

I have seldom come accross so many complimentary services.

I have seldom come accross so many complimentary services. The free coffee and biscotti in particular. It was even offered to us after we had officially booked out, but had returned to claim our luggage.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

Most importantly, the bed was exceptionally comfortable and...

We stayed 8 nights and did not want to go home!

Most importantly, the bed was exceptionally comfortable and the shower was excellent. The friendliness of the owners and staff; the original artwork and styling throughout the building, in the sky room and library, made our stay special (love the artwork - Mr Granduomo).The wonderful location gave us the ability to return to our apartment and take a break, before exploring again! Thank you for lovely personal touches on Easter Sunday!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Everyone that works here is just the sweetest most genuine,...

Everyone that works here is just the sweetest most genuine, flexible and accommodating. They made our trip so wonderful and we will never forget our Florence visit because of our stay at Guanduomo.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2015

Everything.

The only negative point is the water pressure on the 4th floor but it is almost forgivable given how amazing this place is

Everything. Exceptional place. Don't hesitate

• Reviewed: 21 February 2015

The facilities were excellent.

The Internet can become very slow when too many guests try to access. Not a huge problem - more a mild annoyance.

The facilities were excellent. This would be a very good place to base yourself for a week or two.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2015

The location was terrific, looking out at the Grand Duomo,...

The only negative was the noise. We had a room facing the duomo and it was a bit noisy during the night. The rooms at the back of the hotel would have been much quieter.

The location was terrific, looking out at the Grand Duomo, rooms were very nicely appointed and the facilities were good for a boutique hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2015

Fantastic location, next to the Duomo, close to station,...

All good.

Fantastic location, next to the Duomo, close to station, very interesting decor and extra facilities such as the library/coffee/wine lounge, sky lounge. We loved our short stay here and will strongly recommend.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

Nik

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

Everything is great!

Everything is great!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

Perfect stay, service, cleanliness, comfort and great...

Perfect stay, service, cleanliness, comfort and great location.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

the location is great.

the location is great. Everything is great and worth for money. We plan to go back again.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

very central location but not noisy

very central location but not noisy

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

Very clean, spacious.

The lift is a bit unusual.....

Very clean, spacious. Fantastic location.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

They promissed to give us a "rich basket" of...

They promissed to give us a "rich basket" of products for breakfast but in fact we had poor breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

Everything very close.

Noisy during night from outside.

Everything very close. Shops sights train etc. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2015

Internet was poor, didn't matter though!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Loved our apartment and great location

Slow wireless

Loved our apartment and great location

• Reviewed: 11 April 2015

Quiet and comfortable at the doorstep to Firenze central.

Our stay was too short.

Quiet and comfortable at the doorstep to Firenze central.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2015

Ambience.

Ambience. Friendly staff. Lovely owner. Can't wait to return.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2015

The room was gigantic and the view from the balcony was...

The room was gigantic and the view from the balcony was stunning! The kitchenette had everything you might need.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2015

Best Location, Friendly Staff, Good kitchen equipment

a little dusty, pillows too soft

Best Location, Friendly Staff, Good kitchen equipment

• Reviewed: 3 January 2015

Otherwise excellent

Could improve delivered breakfast.

Otherwise excellent

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Granduomo Charming Accomodation traveller photo gallery