Reviews of Hotel Grillo Verde 3 stars

Piazza Imbriani 19, 80058 Torre Annunziata, Italy

#8 of 9 hotels in Torre Annunziata

Hotel Grillo Verde is a gem!

I liked it all

Staff went out of their way to take care of every need and helped to make the stay extremely comfortable. The dinners were excellent. The location is perfect for getting to area attractions. Overall I highly recommend Hotel Grillo Verde. It's a gem!

As many other visitors of that place I would say, need a place to stay, to be abble to have a shower

To noise people, which is not the hotel`s fault, but if it has proper conditions, I think no one would listen much noise going on in the corridors or either in rooms. Towels from the bathroom ... felt more like kitchen towels. In the end, for what the price was... I wouldn`t expect a palace, just for other people know what for really is the hotel.

Maybe a little bit more choices for breakfast....ham... eggs or even a toaster for example

Female staff were friendly and the parking was easy.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Shutter blinds in the room didn't work properly and slats were missing when finally shut. Bin hadn't been emptied and hairs in bed. Breakfast was a bit sparse. Not the worlds most comfortable bed.

Female staff were friendly and the parking was easy. For the price point it wasn't too bad.

Location is practical nearby Pompeii.

The elevator is very small. The staff at the reception desk was hardly speaking English. Staff at reception desk could not book us quickly and return our passports - a senior had to step in and do it - Neither one gave us a smile. The rooms are proper, but the walls are thin. The breakfast room is proper, but the breakfast itself is poor: mainly sweet cookies in a wrapper. The village Torre Annunziata is not impressive - the old parts are dirty and run down. No good access to the sea, few restaurants.

Location is practical nearby Pompeii. We could park on the premises. The rooms are equipped with airco - if you adjust it properly, it produces a mild cool airflow with low noise. Next to the hotel is a little square where the locals gather in the evening. There we had a very simple pizza with a bottle of red wine, at a really low rate. The atmosphere was very Italian, the price was un-Italian low. In the street behind the hotel is a little supermarket. Worthwile visiting is Villa Oplonti, an ancient residence that was, just like Pompeii, covered under six meters of ashes from the eruption in 79 AD.

Ticks all the boxes.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Nothing comes to mind. The only "difficulty" I encountered was that the friends I made were staying in Pompeii, which meant I had a 45ish minute walk Each way of I met up with them for dinner, but that is no reflection on the hotel!

The staff were so friendly and helpful and made every effort to make sure I was ok and understood even though we often struggled for a common language. I felt genuinely welcome. The food was excellent and the staff were very helpful in identifying allergens. The hotel is well located for the local archaeology - a 15 minute walk from Oplontis and a 25 minute walk from Pompeii. It is a couple of minutes from the train station and close to a variety of shops. I would happily stay here again.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Convenient for railway and Pompeii
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

At check in, they gave me a key, showed me to the room & that was it, I had to go back to ask about wifi, breakfast, other facilities etc. Wifi in the room worked on laptop but I could not get my phone to connect at all due to lack of signal. Had to get them to fix the sink as the plug did not work correctly & was stuck. At check out the hotel tried to charge me Euro20 more than the booking.com price, when I showed them my booking paper the price was corrected with ill grace.

The bed was hard, that's fine for me but others may not like it. Female staff were friendly & helpful. Lent me a bicycle to get to Pompeii, bit of a boneshaker but it worked, however the lights didn't on the way back. Gave me a lift to Pompeii after check out.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

The hotel manager drove us to the ruins at Pompeii, then...

The bed was hard as a rock. We were assigned a triple room with a queen and a single. The second night I slept on the single because it was a little softer.

The hotel manager drove us to the ruins at Pompeii, then picked us upwhen we called. The ruins are wonderful, plan on at least a full day and LOTS of walking over cobblestones.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2015

Friendly, helpful, accommodating!

Friendly, helpful, accommodating!!!! The man at the front desk actually drove our family of 6 to the Pompeii ruins one morning when we inquired about a shuttle. Then, he told us to call him when we were done and he'd pick us up. We called him and he was there 10 minutes later! He didn't have the same big car, so he brought another man and 2nd vehicle. Unbelievable! When we left he gave us 2 packages of yummy looking pasta as a gift!

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Cleaning, room, staff

Breakfast could be improved

Cleaning, room, staff

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Good and clean hotel.

Control airco was problem.

Good and clean hotel.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.