Reviews of Holiday Inn Rome Aurelia 4 stars

Via Aurelia km 8.4, Aurelio, 00163 Rome, Italy

#764 of 921 hotels in Rome

Not the best stay ever.

Check in took long considering we had a booking with all our details on the system already. Bath/shower was very dirty. Breakfast options were very limited.

Staff needs to be more responsible for their guest and their belongings while in the premises.

Lost a very expensive equipment at the Reception. If the staff is alert then this could have been avoided. Staff should give alternate options of travel in the city. Not always a taxi as a model. Trust is the major attribute of a good hospital . This one doesn't rank on top.

Comfortable, quiet and remote
    • Deluxe Double Room

Location is quite remote. Also they should consider of making a better use of their open space (terrace by the pool etc), which now appears quite limited.

Nice choice for a comfortable short stay in Rome, especially when you have your own way for transportation. Very friendly and professional staff. Quiet and countryside surrounding. Good for groups.

It was a good place for a small Conference (50-100 peoples)
    • One Double Bed Room - Non-Smoking

The price of the breakfast is to expensive

The team was friendly. The Hotel has a good restaurant and bar. Close to the hotel we have a supermarket. The hotel has shuttle to subway with low cost.

A good venue for conference or tour groups
    • One Double Bed Room - Non-Smoking

Location and lack of public transport make it unsuitable for individual visitors to Rome (unless they are driving).

A good venue for conference or tour groups

Horrible!
    • One Double Bed Room - Non-Smoking

There were bugs in the room and we got bit all over. I had about 50-60 bug bites, the worst ones in my face (almost 30) that made my face swell like I had just gotten my wisdom teeth removed and my mom also had some nasty bites that turned purple. Out of the 2 weeks we spent in Italy traveling all over, this was the only place we got bit. They said it was mosquitos but some of the bites were 3-4 inches in diameter and mosquito bites don’t turn purple (we did not scratch so they wouldn’t scar). Also we saw a baby spider in the morning. There was a lottt of trash near the hotel overflowing that could not have been helpful in this matter and the staff was not very helpful. I had to go and talk 3 times to different people until they finally offered to take me to a pharmacy. Also, I went to ask if we could prolong our stay on our first day and they told me to do it on my phone and did not answer my questions. Thank God we found a better hotel that was closer. They over charge for shuttle service and it’s a 10 min walk (steep hill) to the nearest bus station and then the average wait time for the bus was about 20 minutes. Also be careful because I booked my stay with breakfast but when we got there they said no breakfast and we noticed that there was staff in the breakfast area checking on the guest and asking for their room number to make sure they could eat (a lot of people seemed uncomfortable at the harassment). I was amazed at how much it reminded me of a prison. NEVER GOING BACK EVER AGAIN EVEN IF IT MEANS STAYING ON THE STREET.

I will never stay there again and would never recommend

Our room was so hot that we couldn’t sleep and they told us they only turn on the air-conditioning for the building during “the season” and this was not the season even though our room was boiling hot if we Open the window we got all the noise from the traffic. The staff was very rude and when we needed change for the vending machine the front desk said go to the bar when we got to the bar that he said go to the front desk. Also the pool was closed for the season The only restaurant is down huge hill and it’s a McDonald’s

The bed was pretty comfortable and the pillows were OK

for a 4 star hotel they need to be more professional and meet the standards of it

the hotel had very slow internet 0.45 Mbs per second as a result we cannot do any business. Staff where arrogant. they need more training.. Limited staff at the reception something.. Swimming pool was closed and very dirty.

Clean Room with nice view.

HOLIDAY INN ROME AURELIA IS THE BEST HOTEL WITH BEST LOCATION AND SERVED WITH EXPERIENCED STAFF.

We always prefer to stay on big chain hotels and Holiday Inn and their alliances are our favourite list. We like their Services, Staff, Care, Ethics, Language Solutions, Guidance specially on counter services and Room Services. The credit also goes to Booking.com who help us to find the best one for the Genius members. We will recommend and will stay on the same hotel next time. Loving experience of Rome.

Clean and nice room

I can hear the room next to me speaking as if they are in my room Short of public transport near to the hotel area

Clean and nice room Nice and friendly staff

Other than the friendly staff, this hotel is was a great disappointment!

Soundproofing of rooms is worse than a youth hostel! We could hear every cough and grunt etc of neighbors and even a muted cell phone vibrating - this on both sides of our room and the corridor. Shower water ranged from not hot enough to luke warm, and the towels were on their last. Definitely not Holiday Inn standard.

Very friendly and helpful staff

over all food and staff were excellent.

Communication the bus approach by 246 & 247 should be highlighted to every visitor along with daily passes. the room i stayed 314 is really ill planned. The almirah cant be opened and there was no locker in it.

Every thing one wants as a traveller.

Very enjoyable and relaxing place to stay.

For me too far from Rome although shuttle to trai.n station and railway access to Rome etc, easy and cheap.

Bed very comfortable, the pancakes fabulous, and a very good breakfast all round. The domestic staff very pleasant and helpful and the front desk answered all our questions, made things very easy. If you don't want to be right in Rome, a very good choice.

good for attending conference in the same hotel but not easy to reach city center

I asked for a safe in my booking, when I arrived my room was without and staff told some rooms don't have safe inside and you can use one in the reception. it was a safe option but uncomfortable one. another thing is very distant from metro stations and you need to take bus to reach nearest one with a cost of only 2 euros. its a good alternative but the bus leaves in selective hours.

good staff, clean

It wasn't a pleasant stay, will pay more next time instead of staying here.
    • One Double Bed Room - Non-Smoking

•Unhelpful staff • blocked shower drain and sink, reported to the staff but just ignored • info in the website not clear i.e shuttle to and from the hotel not running the whole day and has charged. You might end up taking taxi which is a ripped off., • on the info they say they've got fridge but none. • very far from the metro station

Comfy bed

Good food!

The furniture of the hotel rooms need a make-over. No wireless on the rooms- a no go for a conference hotel.

Good food! Gorgeous staff! Hotel shuttle to the next metro station.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Very relaxing stay.
    • Deluxe Business Room

Only downer was the wifi wasn't working for 3 days but the hotel staff let us use their computers to book onward travel and accommodation.

We really enjoyed relaxing by the pool.

My stay was very good, but only in some respects.

Infrastructure and staff behavior are in serious need of improvement in this hotel. The drainage in the bathroom sink was clearly not okay: the water drained out very slowly, and that too only when I manually prised up the sink outlet control at the bottom; also, the hot water supply in the sink hardly worked. Wi-fi was promised in the rooms, but it worked only in the lobby area throughout my stay. Some of the reception staff were curt and unhelpful when one requested information (even regarding the hall in which my conference was happening -- I mistakenly entered two other halls before a visitor could direct me to the correct one), to the point where some visitors actually talked about moving to another hotel because of their unfriendly behavior. The dining-room clearing staff were also peremptory in their manner. The housekeeping staff were unfriendly and seemed frustrated with their terms of work. Also, the walls are not sufficiently soundproof, so during any peak season the hotel is a noisy one overall.

The bed was nice and comfy. The shower, within the small cubicle, worked very well. The breakfasts -- and the internally-catered conference lunches -- were ample with sufficient variety of items, nutritionally well-balanced, and representative of some of the best Italian as well as American cuisine.

Absolute value for money!! But not for tourists

The location is really far from the airport and city center. Airport almost 40 euros

The only thing good about the place is the value for money. Nice big beds, almost takes up the whole room

Very helpful gentleman on the reception on checkin gave us a...

Pool wasnt open even though it was June and very warm.

Very helpful gentleman on the reception on checkin gave us a map and showed us where everything was in the city, he explained the metro lines and how to get there (they run a shuttle bus to and from the metro) bed was large and very comfortable room had a/c which was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • One Double Bed Room - Non-Smoking

The access to the hotel by car is not straight forward if you have not been there before. Coming form the north as we did you need to take a turn off a very busy road go across a bridge to the other side and back in the other direction then turn off up the hill. It is not well sign posted!

Staff were very friendly and helpful. We wanted to stay outside the city and there was a shuttle to the underground that run several times a day for 2 Euros per person each way. From there we could travel into the city easily. A large chain hotel, a little tired in quality but acceptable.

Breakfast and staff at the reception desk.

No air-condition, when i ask about it i receive very stupid explanation, " we turn off because some people want heating and some cooling in the room" and when i ask what to do because it was very hot in the room reception desk told me to open the window !!!! In the room we doesn't have bathrobe and the carpets it was dirty.

Breakfast and staff at the reception desk.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Worst staff at the entrance of breakfast

You immediately fire the staff standing at entrance of breakfast. Her looks are ferocious, as if her property is taking away. She watches every movement of guests while taking breakfast. No smiling on the face. How you people are bearing her.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Lovely little hotel, staff and overall trip.

The outdoor swimming pool wasn't open as it is 'seasonal' but it was 24+ degrees during our stay so it would of been nice if it was available to use (weather permitting) when we where there (early May).

Staff where lovely and so helpful giving advice on where to go, the best way to get there and nothing was too much trouble. Lovely little hotel just far away from the hustle and bustle of central Rome but close enough to travel to central Rome in around 20 minutes using the hotels shuttle service to the local train station and hopping on a train. Super market and cafes/places to grab food within a five minute walk if you don't fancy dining at the hotel.

The stay was ok but the hotel is far from the center

Not so much to do in this area. We tried one nearby restaurant pub that was not really good. It was very hot in the room although it was cold outside. The room was very small for 2 person. The wifi was ok but sometimes it was slow.

I was there with my husband for a conference taking place at the hotel. The hotel is a bit old and far from the center of Rome but there was a shuttle bus to the metro station for 2 euros per way. There was also a 20 min walk to the train and 10 min walk to the public bus station.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

No Italian flavour here
    • One Double Bed Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms were not serviced until late afternoon. Tea and other products was not refilled daily. For example only two teabags for five days. Food was terrible. Tasteless, lacking in freshness and seemed to be brought in from outside. If you want flavour and good quality Italian food do not eat at this hotel. I doubt they even have a qualified chef. I was there for a diabetes conference and the food that was provided was high in sugar, processed carbohydrate and lacked freshness. Room for the conference was not organised, equipment did not work and the only way to describe this venue is cheap.

The size of the room was quite good.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Good conference venue

Pillows were lumpy. I paid extra for breakfast, which turned out to be a huge disappointment. My recommendation is don't waste your money on breakfast and go down the hill to the supermarket and buy your own food, which is bound to be fresher and better quality. The location of the property is poor in that it is not near anything (except for a supermarket and McDonalds store), and well away from all of the tourist attractions. I found it very difficult to get to the hotel using public transport and needed to catch a taxi for part of the way. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere perched on a hill and not near a metro station. However, the hotel does provide a shuttle to one of the Metro train stations at a cost of 2 euros each way. But there is no shuttle at certain times during the afternoon, which meant that at least once I needed to wait at the station for 2 hours because there was no shuttle to take me back to the hotel. I was here for a conference and I am glad that I booked to stay here simply because it would have been difficult to get to the conference from anywhere else.

Bed was comfortable enough, not the best bed I have slept in but certainly not the worse bed either. The size of the room was good and I particularly liked that the bathroom had a bath, which is great to soak in after a days walking. I also liked that the room had windows that you could open if you wanted some fresh air. Although, the room overlooked the main car park and the smoke from the smokers standing outside the hotel often wafted into the room, which was very unpleasant. The person at reception was very pleasant and the WiFi at the hotel is really good.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

the hotel is not suitable for conferences

i got a room in which i entered and the previous guest was still in the room, the conference registration was a mass, the conference facilities were not working,the provided computer had a virus which erased all my files on my stick etc

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Needs Improved Services

The hotel was far from city centre and gets 4 Euro charge for bus transportation Only one bellman around There were more than conference in the hotel with people from different countries and no food for Moslem people which lead to ignoring a lot of food In the same time no varieties of food all through the 8 days I spend in the hotel

Housekeeping and cleaning were more than excellent The restaurant manager was great

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Comfortable

This venue provided me with the parking for the large vehicle I was in and had a shuttle to the Metro so that I could access the city. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Good food, poor rooms,and poor cleanliness, better customer service,no value for mony.

Dirty rooms, dirty carpet, unnecessary furniture in smaller space .single room used for queen beds , not a good idea. Food needs to be cheaper , not 25 Euro per person, that's allot. Price was too high for a quality , i paid about 135 Euro per night, that didn't include breakfast. i would not stay there, if i have a choice. High price, low service in cleaning , small rooms,

Staff was friendly, food in the restaurant was extremely good , i had the best dinner i could possibly have . Sweets and main course were absolutely great. Price for one dinner me and Mrs, 50 Euro. very expensive buffet. Hotel and its rooms were below 2 stars, everything you have to pay pay. i booked for breakfast included, at reception they said breakfast not included, so i had to pay 20 Euro extra for each breakfast. Wasn't happy .Rooms were not clean and extremely small . you could hardly sit , furniture was not placed according to room size . you could sleep well in a back packers better. overall i pad atleast 50 Euro more then i should for each night i stayed there.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Staff is helpful and pleasant

Whole property needs updating. Beds were horrible, air conditioning was weak in rooms. I stayed there twice, once by choice, the other because my tour of Italy ended there. I would NOT stay again.

Staff is helpful and pleasant

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

wonderful hotel

Staff were extremely helpful. the hotel had it's own shuttle bus to the metro which was great. Great pool and facilities. Lovely hotel would go here again.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Great place for visiting Rome shortly

We booked two rooms for our family Hotel is located perfectly close to highway to get in and out easily Taxi from hotel convenient Its clean and comfortable Nice swimmingpool too

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Family from Netherlands

Breakfast could have been cheaper

First impression of hotel is the staff, they were extremely professional and friendly. Good location, nice and clean room. Nice and clean swimming pool and fabulous gym.

Clean, friendly staff
    • One Double Bed Room - Non-Smoking

It’s far from the city center , there are shuttle buses but you will need to use the metro or taxi after that

Clean, friendly staff

Clean

To remote

Clean

Excellent in every way. Very good management

Can't think of anything.

Staff, rooms, facilities, food, service all excellent.

every thing was ok

the internet was bad and the room was small

every thing was ok

The staff was very kind and helpful, the breakfast was good...

The staff was very kind and helpful, the breakfast was good and with lots of choice, the room was very simple but ok

NICE BUT NEEDS MORE OPTIONS TO GO THE AIRPORT AND MORE...

NICE BUT NEEDS MORE OPTIONS TO GO THE AIRPORT AND MORE ANIMATIONS

Dry poor for internationally. recognised brand
    • Deluxe Double Room

Poor location, unpleasant feel to place

Whole place smell with I please t odour

Location is very high and Golf Car from the Aurelia street...

Clean &quiet

Location is very high and Golf Car from the Aurelia street should pick up to the hotel

Amazing

Food

Shuttle service provided

Good bed, quiet, parking.

Hotel is getting old.

Good bed, quiet, parking.

Enjoyable

location was terrible

well maintained and well run hotel

Friendly staff good customer service, well worth the money we paid.

Nice and quite location,

Air

Air

Staff and facilities

Access to Rome Centre. Not enough shuttles.

Staff and facilities

Nice comfortable room.
    • One Double Bed Room - Non-Smoking

Nice comfortable room. clean. Friendly staff.

Good breakfast lots of choices

Location was difficult

Great staff

All

All

Could be a lovely hotel, needs work

Location and general standards, needs refurbishment

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

We like it

It was far from city center

It was comfortable

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Resturant

Resturant

Practical and comfortable place for families with children (and car).

Swimming pool. Cleaness. Bed. Outside space.

Nice swimming pool surrounded by cedars.

The shuttle service to the metro station could run at more times.

Nice swimming pool surrounded by cedars. Comfortable beds, no noise.

Great for aweeklong trip.

The hotel didnt have air port shuttle

Everything was great . Staff were lovely and Sara was the reception and she helped us a lot.

Comfortable hotel outside of Rome city center.

Breakfast was limited for vegans. Shower was extremely small.

Room was clean. Staff was helpful and understood English.

The bed was comfortable

The bed was comfortable

It was a comfortable stay

Breakfast is a little bit poor

Location and staff

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Adequate

No place to walk.

generally good no problems; Retayrant very expensive

only one elevator !!!

Brilliant stay

Better explanation of payment for the shuttle and parking costs

Everything was good

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

For one night if you must...

The hotel needs new design and new TV . A lot of noise all day and night because of construction work around

The shower is good..Breakfast good

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Avoid for sure.

Dirty, unfriendly staff, not even a one star.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Not accessible internet for three days.

Not accessible internet for three days.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Nice, hope it was longer

Bed was with hole in the middle

staff and location

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

paid for parking

paid for parking

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Choices of breakfast is good

The air conditioning is really low. The location is really far to public transport.

Choices of breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

The lavatory and the bed were relatively clean

All in all, honestly this hotel does't deserve 4 starts, it is roughly a 3 stars hotel. The breakfast was very incomplete and awful, the staff were rude enough to not be behave respectful. The interior was very old and exhausted. I rather do not recommend this hotel if you want to pay more than 45 Euros per night

The lavatory and the bed were relatively clean

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Breakfast was good and staff at the restaurant r friendly

Location is far from the centre Some staff were cold and not very helpfull No water in the swimming pool 2 days out of 3 Internet was not working Not available euro standard adapter While booking the hotel room it was mentioned that drop of from the airport is included and then on reception they said it's not Same for the tour guide it was mentioned free tour guide and when we reach, they told us it's not included Very disappointing stay

Breakfast was good and staff at the restaurant r friendly

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

Great location and value if you have a car.

Some of the staff were racist and rude. But manager intervened and took steps to correct it. Little far to public transportation bit they do have a shuttle to the nearest metro stop. 4 km to the Vatican city.

Great location and value if you have a car. Parking is relatively cheap. Although some of the staff were racist and rude management. Was very professional. Better than most hotels that claimed to be 4 stars in Italy. Definitely a good place if you are expecting the standards of a holiday inn

There are also 49 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Holiday Inn Rome Aurelia traveller photo gallery