Reviews of Hostel of the Sun

Based on 2146 hostel reviews

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Mixed feelings
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Well, Naples is very specific and it's hard to find a clean and pleasant area there. So, the location was not very aesthetically pleasing, but actually quite safe. The hostel needs some major repairs. Believe it looked fabulous some 7 years ago, but now the whole impression is quite poor. Dirt, rust, squeaking furniture and fans.

Really good breakfast to chill music and extremely fun staff. The guys are amazing - helpful and always cheerful. Underground and bus stop are a short walk.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Extremely friendly staff

7th floor and lift is coin operated from 8am- 6:30pm

Extremely friendly staff Excellent breakfast that is included in the price! Very comfy clean bedrooms! Plenty of shower/bathroom facilities Kitchen use till midnight Bar! Lots of games/ consoles/ books/ television available Good sized common room Laundry facilities - this was my first stay in a hostel and it was brilliant, met lots of lovely people!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Staff very friendly.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Is in a busy area so quite noisy. We had a private room with bathroom but was right next to the shared bathroom so heard a lot of unpleasant noises so would recommend asking for a room not near the shared bathroom. Be careful in the bathroom floor gets very wet and slipping only a shower curtain to stop water going everywhere. We were on the fifth floor the elevator is a bit odd sometimes it comes sometimes it doesn't sometimes it costs you sometimes it's free?! When we were leaving it had stopped working so had to carry our suitcases down 5 flights of stairs.

Staff very friendly. Very clean. There was free pasta dinner one night we were there which was quite good. Close to two train stations trains are good easy to get around. The ferry terminal is very close if you have interest in a boat tour of some kind. The airport bus stops near the ferry terminal so was very easy for us to get to the airport.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great location, good value, staff were very hospitable and...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There was an occasion when there was no hot water in one shower but they were quick to rectify this issue.

Great location, good value, staff were very hospitable and the breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The stuff was incredible awesome and very polite.
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The stuff was incredible awesome and very polite. The people who work in the hostel is the best they can have. Very useful and make you feel like home. I will higky recommend this place to stay and make some new friends

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The location is great!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We lived on the 5 th floor. The 5 th floor door kept making big noise every time when people entered the 5 th floor. Noise from the roads.

The location is great! The staff are very nice! They are so positive and cheerful. I love the breakfast. Bread, salami, cheese and etc. After check out , the staff was happy for us to leave the stuff there until afternoon. Thank you so much ! It was a great value for money!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Excellent location-can easily walk all over the city and up...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Excellent location-can easily walk all over the city and up the lungomare. Staff were great and super friendly, bathrooms were clean and beds were comfortable!!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Great location and staff!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Well, the beds are not very private, my bed was in the middle of the room, easily disturbed by people walking by it.

The people working the hostel are great, extremely helpful and friendly. The location is just perfect, you can easily walk to Centro Storico and to the mean port.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Best place to stay in Napoli.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The fact that the rooms are not on the same floor as the check-in/kitchen/ lounge area so you have to walk or take the elevator up 5 floors.

Really amazing staff, very good included breakfast, free dinners and a great bar. Very clean and good AC. It's basic but very comfortable and has everything you need. Location is also great.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Good location and great staff
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

At first look you can think "how this hostel can have such a good avaluantion." Because the furniture and rooms a really old. But you just need stay there a few minutes to undestand that the staff and location worth it.

The staff was amazing and really helpfull. They suggest a lot of nice things to see in town and was there everytime you needed. The hostel has a nice atmosphere, and a good location in my opinion (walk distance for almost all the spots in town). Good breakfast included in price and a few pasta nights during the week. I'll defitly stay there if visit Naples again.

The breakfast it’s simple but it’s free.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The breakfast it’s simple but it’s free. The bed is really comfortable, the bathroom it’s tiny but suitable. In general it’s a great deal in terms of overal vs the price, plus a central location. It’s even better if you are visiting one of the islands during your stay since you are super close to the port (where will catch the ferry). The staff it’s the best and the free pasta dinner a great social night :) Thank you!

It has been my second time in this hostel and i am sure that...
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It has been my second time in this hostel and i am sure that everytime i had to go to naples i will host there. The best thing are the receptionists. Furthermore, the location is wonderful, if you came from the airport, you just have to take the alibus and in the second stop (Port) you go down and is just in front! Kisses

Napoli at its best!
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This hostel is just amazing. Near everything you would like to see. The atmosphere was awesome, everyone open and nice. All people working there are so helpful and professional that I felt more like staying in a hotel ;) I stayed in a room for 6 people but it had own toilet with shower so it was rather comfortable. Breakfasts were very good, with diverse food and I really enjoyed Nutella and peanut butter :) 3 evenings a week there is pasta served for free! Very tasty and it creates good space to talk with others. During my stay I unfortunately got sick (cough, running nose, etc) and it was great that people working there really cared about me, asked me how I feel, helped me to find open pharmacy on Sunday and even bought me some honey and ginger to feel better :) I definitely recommend this hostel as you can feel like at home there!! And Napoli is the best! Napoli's people are so warm and open and food is amazing!! :)

The hostel is awesome!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The hostel is awesome! Went with my boyfriend and we don’t tend to enjoy hostels but hostel of the sun was the best hostel yet. Hostel is situated on different floors, got a room with an awesome balcony and French doors. Shared bathroom but never saw anyone else so didn’t mind them at all, so could have our privacy and then also go down to the lobby to socialise with other travellers and make the most of the awesome bar they had. Also on first night they offered a free dinner which was awesome!

Very nice hostel
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Doorbell number they sent me via mail was incorrect. Anyway there is a sign at the door with the correct info so it was easy to get in.

Clean rooms, nice common area, helpful staff, excellent breakfast. 10/10 :)

Amazing staff (deciphered that my abstract drawing was the...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Amazing staff (deciphered that my abstract drawing was the Aqueduct of Vanvitelli & looked up it's location for me), great ambience, good location in a pretty cool city!

Perfect spot to explore Naples
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff were very helpful and welcoming, marking out a map of all the spots to see and importantly where to eat. We had a double room which was large and comfortable. Bathrooms were clean and facilities great. Location was very central to everything you want to see and do

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Loved it
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Nothing major. The shower in the room is not completely sealed so after a coupe of showers the bathroom floor was soaked

The staff were really nice in a genuine way. The air con was great. Their WiFi in the rooms worked well. When I checked in I was asked about my plans and was given a map based on what I wanted to do which was really helpful

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Unfortunate case of bed bugs :(
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Unfortunately my stay was cut short because of bed bugs, which was a real shame. Staff allowed me to wash all my clothes before leaving, and eventually offered a refund for the extra night I wasn’t going to stay, but unfortunately there was no other compensation for the bed bug situation. Also shower pressure was a bit weird and the bathrooms weren’t always the cleanest.

The staff were absolutely wonderful! Full of knowledge and tips, and just in general very kind. The breakfast is great, although some wholemeal bread would be nice! Great location!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Location is perfect when you come from the airport since...

Weak wifi

Location is perfect when you come from the airport since alibis stop is really near the hostel, like 5min walk. Staffs are so kind and tell me lots of information about Naples. Breakfast is ok (bread with jam, Nutella, peanut butter paste, yogurt, juice, tea and so on). Air conditioner worked well in our room.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Amazing staff, so helpful and very knowledgeable!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Can’t think of anything I didn’t like, the common room and bar will small but that was really nice and comfortable. I was on the main floor so a little loud when people are socializing in the common room, but it didn’t keep me up at all.

Amazing staff, so helpful and very knowledgeable! Very clean and tidy. Great security. Amazing central location. Loved the locker and little holder hanging off the side of the bunk for your things!

Hotels you pay for luxury and hostels you pay for experience. So true.
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff and the people staying at the hostel where so nice and friendly. The living room and the bar are so cool and they have instruments if you wanna play. The rooms, bathrooms, kitchen... everything so clean and comfy. We had a great time there. Thank you guys and hope to come back some day!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

I love hostels after this experience :)
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff was beautiful, very helpful and happy. Living room with table soccer and playstation, what else do I have to say :) I met new people and had great time. Thank you :)

The lockers were a great size for someone who travels heavy...
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The lockers were a great size for someone who travels heavy like me. I also thought the basket on the top bunk to hold my phone etc was the best idea! Also like how much room there are in the shower/toilet rooms. These smalls things can make a huge difference. Also they have a coffee machine 👌

Everything you need to be comfortable in a hostel.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

My room was a little bit small. But everything else was perfect!

Everything you need to be comfortable in a hostel. Great atmosphere, from the check-in the staff makes you feel like home. That day they had free pasta for dinner which was a huge plus. Air conditioner in the rooms which in summer is so needed. Nice breakfast, the people you meet, the little bar, the use of TV. Very nice hostel! I would definitely recommend it and stay here again, the receptionist Raffaele was extremely kind and helpful. Also very good location!

Breakfast was fantastic!
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Breakfast was fantastic! Bedrooms clean and air con works very fast. They have a piano, and a games room (with a PS4). But the staff make the hostel, friendly and enthusiastic- seem to care passionately about making people comfortable. Thoroughly recommend

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Staff are very welcoming, and the space is very inviting to...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Only confusion was finding the place, it’s an apartment building down a little alley and it’s wasn’t quite obvious at first

Staff are very welcoming, and the space is very inviting to people to relax with a bar, games area, Netflix account, etc. Breakfast was amazing and we even got a free dinner one night of fresh pasta. If I were to go back, I’d definitely go there

I have stayed here before around 4 years ago and loved the...
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I have stayed here before around 4 years ago and loved the friendly relaxed vibe of the place. It was nice to come back and find that this hadn’t changed! All the staff that we met were so lovely and full of advice (Giorgio and Sabrina were two of the people unfortunately cannot remember the name of the other two staff members sorry!) Sabrina suggest that we go to Procida which was an amazing island to visit and Giorgio was able to suggest how to get to sorrento. we loved being able to sit and chat with people in the bar and common area and my boyfriend particularly enjoyed having a go on the guitar that was kept on site :) in the room the air conditioning was a blessing! The bed was comfortable and having an ensuite bathroom was fantastic. We also had WiFi in the room and in the common areas and we were able to store our bags whilst we went out exploring on the last day. We were also invited to share in a free meal on the Sunday evening which was a lovely experience and breakfast had a good range including cereal, yoghurt, fruit and toast. We were also treated to an espresso from their machine which definitely woke us up in the morning! We found that it was a good distance from the ports and there was a metro link no less then 5 minutes away and also felt very safe in a fairly unfamiliar city. Thank you for such an incredible stay :)

I RECOMMAND . I WILL COME BACK FOR SURE

I liked everything

When I just went there with a big backpack , the guy in the reception told put it , RELAX , he serve me COLD WATER and Espresso , and he make it so easy and fast . It was so hot in naples but the AC was so COLD. In the next morning I was late for the free breakfast and the sttafs SARA and SABRINA calling me by my name BONGIORNO , DO YOU WANT ESPRESSO or AMERICANO :D hahahahaha ..... FREE DINNERs some times . everything was perfect in NAPLES . ALSO THE BAR where the staff works it's called OAK . I recommend

The staff are fantastic.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The curtains are sheer so there’s no chance of sleeping in. There’s only three bathrooms to be shared by everyone per floor. They were always full when I needed to use them.

The staff are fantastic. I think that’s the best part of the hostel. Everything else is good and satisfactory. Gets the job done. Free breakfast is great for travelers on a budget, it’s very basic.

Fantastic staff, good vibes, good communal spaces but building layout a little inconvenient
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The room key stopped working a few times and it is a 5 floor hike upstairs back to reception if you are staying on level 2. The elevator is very, very slow.

The staff are amazing and make you feel at home straight away. Breakfast is basic but everything you need and they will make you espresso too.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Would stay again
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

When checking in late at night everyone is outside the dorm rooms, very noisy to go to sleep. Air con was very cold and only a thin blanket provided

The bathroom, free breakfast, comfortable beds, lovely staff

The Scotsman of Naples

Me

The staff were by far the best of any hostel I've ever stayed at. With a special mention to Paulo & Marika (Tiamo)! Not a bad view of Mt. Vesuvius either for 14 bucks a night! Still spent most of my time looking at Marika though. X

The best backpacker hostel in Napoli

Everything was great :)

I loved it! I went by myself and everyone including the guys from reception and guests were really open and friendly. I would definitely stay there again. Well located, only a 15-20 minute walk from the center, really close to the waterfront. Receptionists spoke spanish so that was a really good plus.

I'll stay here next time in Napoli.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I'll stay here next time in Napoli. Great breakfasts and friendly staff. I loved very controversial elevator that costs 10ct. Just my luck my room was on 2nd floor only.

The best youth hostel I’ve ever been in Europe!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Nice bathroom. Comfortable bed. Moderate cover.

The best youth hostel I’ve ever been in Europe! Staff r amazingly kind and nice! She even told me everything I need to know before I asked her. The facilities r super good, especially compared with t bad condition of most other Europe hostels. Location is also great!

Perfect
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Naples! Amazing staff, so friendly/ helpful. Clean dorms, good bar with a sweet happy hour, decent breakfast included Offered water when I checked in, free coffees all day and staff always up for a chat

Absolutely fantastic hostel, thank you for the wonderful stay
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The only minor issue was that the shower leaked a little bit

This hostel is exactly why I love staying in hostels. The staff are incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful. They offered me a coffee and some water the moment I arrived, were ready to provide recommendations of things to do and the best places to eat and were always happy to chat when they weren't helping someone else. The main social area isn't the biggest but they've stocked it with plenty of things to do and it really does help you meet people. They even have a happy hour with cheap cocktails and beer readily available. This is exactly the kind of hostel you want if you're looking to meet people and get some local expertise. Couldn't recommend it more

The transportation to every touristic place is good.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The room has a lot of light so it's hard to sleep after sunrise.

The transportation to every touristic place is good. The bed is comfortable and the common areas are nice. The room has AC but we didn't used it as the nights were not that hot.

One of the best hostels I have stayed at.
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. The location was excellent, very close to the ferry ports and the main city square. The check-in was quick and room was nice and clean. The staff at the hostel were very welcoming and helpful when it came to answering questions about the city. The atmosphere of the hostel was very relaxed and chilled out. It was easy to mingle and talk to other travellers. Free dinner and happy hours with amazing drinks was a cherry on top.

Superb hostel super staff
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff were excellent with their advice and recommendations. I asked where I could get a cheap beer in town and was directed to a bar in an alleyway that looked quite dodgy but the people the were all very warm and welcoming and we had no problems at all. I would recommend this hostel in heartbeat. Breakfast was great and the cleanliness was very good. Check in and out was painless

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Some bathrooms had poor ventilation, others were great.

A little tricky to find, but the hostel's directions were excellent. Hostel (check in and reception) is on level 7 of an office building. Staff were super friendly and welcoming. Good secure storage, bring your own padlock. Reading lights and power points for each bed. Close to Teatro di San Carlo, I was there to attend the opera. Free dinners some nights, plus an in-house bar.

The hostel was an excellent stay.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The only thing I would suggest is to improve the mattress quality - they were too soft and our backs were a bit sore after lying on them. Slightly harder mattresses which don't sink in would be ideal.

The hostel was an excellent stay. I visited with my husband and his brother and we had a room with a double bed and a single bed. The staff was fantastic, very helpful and warm - it made a big difference to us as we were visiting for the first time and appreciated all the information. The location is pretty central, close to the docks and about 25 mins via the metro from Napoli Centrale train station and we walked everywhere else. We also loved the fact that they had a small bar though we didn't end up visiting it. Breakfast was a great spread of cereal, fruit, bread, ham/salami, cheese and juices. Highly recommend staying here. We know we'll be back again! :)

Nice hostel close to principal spot of Napoli.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There were some place not so clean, also the fact that the receptions is in the 7th floor and just one lift with 3pc capacity, will take a bit to reach the reception.

Nice hostel close to principal spot of Napoli. The staff were really nice and open to help at any time.

Awesome hostel, awesome people!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I liked pretty much everything.

Since my first minutes there I was overwhelmed with the treatment I got from the crew. The hostel structure was super good, comfortable and clean all the time. I’d stay there every time I go to Napoli.

:):):):):)
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I loved absolutely EVERYTHING: the location, the atmosphere, the smiles of the staff, the relaxed attitude, the room, the cleaness, EVERYTHING was just as it should be in a hostel. But greatest advantgage is the staff - made us feel superwelcome.

This place was great, staff was super friendly and the bar...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This place was great, staff was super friendly and the bar next to the lobby was an easy way to meet people. Definitely would have stayed longer but they were booked up the next night, easy to see why!

Very friendly and helping personnel, great value-for-money...
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The mattresses were a bit too hard for my liking

Very friendly and helping personnel, great value-for-money ratio, even has a nice bar where travellers staying in the hostel can meet on a drink or two

One night stay but cool hostel!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Located in a bit of a dodgy area I thought. However Naples can be a little sketchy.

Awesome vibe when I walked in. Free dinner and breakfasts! They had a bar too

Excellent!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff are super friendly and very helpful, definitely chat with them about what you want to do and how to get there, etc. Very clean, great facilities, 24 hour security, airport shuttle and other buses within 5 minute walk of hostel. Definitely would stay again!

I won’t forget u guyz!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

poor lift system. but it’s not a big problem. just need some money.

great location to everywhere. staff was awesome. I love u guyz!! I’m gonna miss u. If I come again Naples, I’ll be there without doubt.

Great location, staff and good value.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Nothing. Different to be on 7th floor of a high rise building but not a problem.

Staff very welcoming and friendly. Great location by airport bus, ferry and lower old city. Free pasta night on arrival.

The communal feel and amenities were excellent.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The location is a little tucked away at night which makes for some sketchier late night returns but that doesn’t seem to be avoidable in Naples!

The communal feel and amenities were excellent. Sarah, the receptionist, was fantastic.

Great hostel, good price

Staff stole my towel :(

Great location, close to the port and to the metro station. Very fun place to stay with lots of things to do. Gaming consoles, netflix, pub. Good breakfast with a good variety of food. Good and clean bathrooms. Bunk beds with a big storage space underneath for your bag (bring a padlock).

First time in Naples
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I liked the bed . It was so comfortable and an excellent breakfast . Also friendly, helpful staff.

I had a private room with ensuite bathroom . The bed was really comfortable . Unfortunately the room was at the end of a corridor next to a shower room/toilet. So consequently I was kept awake for most of the night by people going backwards and forwards to the loo and then flushing .

The breakfast was actually more decent that I thought it...
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Laundry was very expensive.

The breakfast was actually more decent that I thought it would be. There was fruit, toast, oats and yoghurt. The staff were very friendly, especially Sabrina and Sarah, and the free coffee they gave was really good. The free dinners that they held a couple nights a week were good too.

I arrived late, the staff were super welcoming and had...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I arrived late, the staff were super welcoming and had plenty of tips for the best things to do in the city. My bed was comfy, had its own power socket and light and you couldn't hear the mad Naples traffic from the room!

My stay was a lovely introduction to Naples and I hope to return some day!

Can't think of anything.

Great facilities! Excellent, friendly staff! So excited to show where to go and what to do! Helped me stay an extra night when I was in a bind! Great great great! Oh AND they made me coffee :D:D

Has a nice location: a 5min walk from the port;
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Has a nice location: a 5min walk from the port; 2 metro stations from the train station; and a 20 min walk from the historical center (where all activity is at night). Breakfast is simple but good! The staff is also great (shoutout to Sara and Rafael)

Overall a good hostel, right next to the port so excellent if one plans to go to the islands.
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The magnet card to open the room was often deactivated so one had to go to the 7th floor to activate it again and it is not so fun to do so if you are staying on the 2nd floor and it happens every day. Also, the area is not so close to get to late at night, kind of deserted and one could easily feel not so safe.

The staff was very helpful and ready to give ideas and prepare you free coffee! The breakfast was really good and I liked the fresh fruits!

Friendly hostel that makes it easy finding other travellers
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The area looks a bit creepy at first sight and it´s not that easy finding the entrance.

The Hostel is very comfy with a nice big social/breakfast room so it´s very easy to get in contact with other travellers. The stuff is super friendly and helpful, there is free dinner on some days of the week. The beds have rather small mattresses but the quality is fine. Breakfast was rich with toast, cheese, ham, cornflakes etc. There is also a bar in the hostel, but after 12 they make sure it´s quiet so you can get some sleep. I felt very welcome and really enjoyed my stay.

Best Hostel in Napoli..

More of social activities

Guys on front desk were really friendly and very helpful. They have on the house dinner on selected days of the weeks. And wherever I travel, the utmost important is having clean toilets and they are on point. It's located at the prime location, so everything is in a walking distance. Special thanks to Bhai with love from India. 😄

The staff is very kind and joyful.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff is very kind and joyful. They will help you with everything that a traveller needs. The hostel is very confortable and clean. Great location.

Compared to another hostel in Naples, this one is way worse. Better go to a more distant location.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The building is little hard to find. The breakfast was very simple. But the biggest problem is the noise. I couldn't sleep until 3am because people constantly come in and take shower. The big metal door bangs and people's talk, shower water sound, like a symphony. Room with little space, can only stand or climb to the bed...

The staff can speak English and were helpful.

It is great for the backpackers who want to meet some internationals
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The hostel reception, kitchen and laundry are based on the 7th floor, the rooms are located on the different floors, so you need to move quite a lot. In the room, you hear all the noises as well from the street as from the corridors. If you come by car it is really difficult to find a reasonable place to park it.

It is an international hostel with a great backpackers' spirit.

Free breakfast and dinner!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The location was a bit sketchy and the rooms were not as nice as it looks on the photos. My bed was not that comfy. The room also had a foul smell on my first night.

Free breakfast and dinner! They have video games. There's a very good Filipino restaurant in front of it! The bathroom/shower room was big. They use codes and keycards so it is safe.

N/a
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I enjoyed the stay vey much and it was mostly because pf the staff! They spoke fluent english and was very helpfull in advising trip destinations. I also wanted to stay in room with females only and they accomodated my request.

Sweet spot
    • Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

A guy came in the dorm late and drunk and woke everybody.

The staff is awesome, full of energy. People residing here are all very sweet. The equipment is fine and sturdy, showers are clean. Breakfast is better then in most places in Italy, you can actually be feel filled after it.

Muy bien
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It's 30min walking from the city's central train station but just 5min from the closest subway station where one can easily take a train to that one.

Breakfast was composed by banana, orange, apple, juice, milk, yogurt, coffee, corn cereal, chocolate cereal and oat flakes, nutella, butter, jams, bread, toaster... Beds are confortable.

The staff is great, knowledgeable and friendly.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There was a little bit of mold and dust in my room, probably because the building is old. There was also a lot of construction happening in the building, not loud but surprising when you first walk in. The dorm rooms are open to families, including those with young children, which I didn't love. I wish there had been a more fulfilling breakfast, maybe with eggs, pastries, better cheeses and bread, etc.

The staff is great, knowledgeable and friendly. The breakfast is very simple, but good enough. There are a lot of social opportunities: walking tours, free dinners three nights a week, a bar with affordable drinks, etc. The lobby is on Level 7 of an apartment building, and the rooms there seemed very loud. I was on Level 2, which was much quieter. The room was clean, the bathrooms are cleaned twice a day. Rarely had to wait to use one. The neighborhood is pretty gritty, which takes a moment to get used to. It seems up-and-coming and is close to the university with lots of shops, restaurants, beautiful piazzas, etc., very fun to explore. Easy enough to walk to the historic center, or connect to things by metro. It's very close to the ferries, perfect for day trips to the amazing islands in the Bay of Naples. It's also close to a metro station, which connects to the regional train line for trips to Pompeii and such. There is a bus stop for the airport nearby.

Il mio cuore appartiene a Napoli!

Loved everything!

The staff are the best you’ll find in the entire world! Milad my brother, thanks again for everything, Sabrina for being a doll, Sara for the reggae, and everyone else for letting me in at 3am haha! So much love for you all and can’t wait to be back!

More than satisfied.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Really tasty breakfast. Friendly staff. Useful bar and lounge to meet other travellers in the evening. Room was clean. Great big locker for private stuff. Helpful location info before arrival.

The most helpful staff I've ever met !
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The most helpful staff I've ever met ! Great place to stay and great location for such a reasonable price ... I definitely recommand this hostel :)

Love it!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I can't find anything negative about the hostel

It was an amazing place to go to, right in the centre of the city so everything was easily accessible. The staff were terrific and knew everywhere I should go if I didn't know what to do next. The facilities are all great as well.

Everything is ok
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Everything was ok. They even gave us free pasta dinner which I haven't experienced that in any hostel before. Complete breakfast, clean, friendly staff, equiped kitchen, and... I highly recommend this hostel

Browse Hostel of the Sun traveller photo gallery