Reviews of Hotel Bicocca 1 stars

Via Oreste Cipriani 8, Bicocca - Zara, 20125 Milan, Italy

#277 of 424 hotels in Milan

Free breakfast as a welcome gift.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room and the furniture are not of good condition. too many rules and signs in the room and if I want too use the air-condition I have to pay 5 euros. Also the taxes are not included in the room price.

Free breakfast as a welcome gift.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Hotel Bicocca is a nice place to stay for a couple of days.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Hotel Bicocca is a nice place to stay for a couple of days. It is amazingly clean! Everyday cleaning and new towels. It is a few metro stops from the city centre and main attractions, but the metro station is really close. Neighbourhood is quiet and peaceful. I would totally recommend it.

Bad
    • Double or Twin Room

I had a really bad experience. I was travelling with my family (including a baby of age 1 year). We reached at the hotel around 21:00. The hotel is a bit far from city center. It is approachable by metro or tram but during night, taxi is the only option. The lady at the reception desk was very rude, although she speaks english well. It was summer time (August, 2018) and when I booked, I particularly checked for air conditioning. During online booking, it was mentioned that AC is included in the price but actually it was not. I had to pay 5 EURO extra per night. The lady at the desk was not cooperating at all. In short, I would never recommended this place again.

Nothing much to say.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The guy from the check in was great.

Non

The guy from the check in was great. He allowed me to leave my bags before the correct check in hour, and leave my Motorcycle inside. He explain me how to take the metro where, everything. So this thing was great. Regarding the hotel I knew It was share bath so I cant comply about that, but it seems that other guest werent so clean and when entering the bath there was some smell, and the extra charge for air conditioning wasnt the most lovely feature of the place (for the same price and share bathroom in venezia I had air condition with no extra charge) nothing about this was unclear before arriving (it said extra charge for air and they cant know if other guest will leave the bath clean) so icant leave a bad qualification.

Perfect for a night or two
    • Double or Twin Room

Second floor, small staircase and no elevator. Not clean, especially beneath the bed. Host not fluent in English. Breakfast though cheap, very basic. Neighborhood with no shops, the nearest supermarket at least 10 min walk

Friendly host, good location near the metro station, not expensive

Small hotel in a very nice neighborhood.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Small hotel in a very nice neighborhood. Close to metro, tram and supermarket. Small cafes nearby as well. The room was plaint but that was enough for a night. I also could store my luggage free of charge after checkout. Can only recommend the place.

It is obvious that you shouldn't aspect 5 star...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

. It is a little bit noisy especially if you stay at the first floor and everybody passes by your room to access their room

It is obvious that you shouldn't aspect 5 star conditions. That being said, the room was clean and cleaned every day the staff was nice and helpful so if you need a shut eye somewhere and don't want to pay a lot, I highly recommend this place.

Very nice staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

My room was atypical one, huge bathroom but in poor condition. The hotel need serious renovation. Furniture is very old, even walls an linen are in poor condition.

Very nice staff. Location is well connected with metro. Nice garden.

For a VERY short stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower could have been cleaner (mold stains everywhere) and the towels could've been switched.

At least it's 4 stops from Stazione Centrale.

Passable
    • Double or Twin Room

Walls are paper thin. Had to pay extra for use of AC. Staff couldn’t understand how a person who was ethnically South Asian could have a UK passport.

One star
    • Double or Twin Room

A little small shower and need to repair. Was brocken tap and a lot of water inside, but good that was not in our room. Very thin wall, can hear what people do and talk in other rooms

Very kind and polite staff, good light breakfast, clean

By metro, 20 mins to city center. Quiet location, nothing amazing but not bad either.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Didn't feel so welcoming to stay there, they kind of just laid the rules out and left you to it. Water costs money. And I think specifically for tourists. When I asked one person for water she pointed at the fridge to take it, then her superior came in and said no no it costs money. Windows did not have screens on them. Tv remote was kind of unresponsive.

People were nice enough, especially to a non Italian who can speak very little Italian. Breakfast was decent. Windows could be opened to outside.

Perfect and cheap place to stay in Milan.

many papers on check-in.

The room was extra clean, also I can say the same about bathroom and toilet. The hotel is located far away of noise roads, it's good and quiet place to stay. The breakfast was cheap and very delicious.

5 from 10
    • Double or Twin Room

An extra blanket was torn, dirty walls, plumbing is not in the best condition. You can stop here only if in other case you have to spend the night at the train station. For me its too expensive for that condition of the room.

No problem with a late arrival, not too far from train station Milano Centrale

Nice small hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

It's a nice hotel, especially for the price. Located in the quiet place but the metro station is in about 5 min walking. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The breakfast costs 2€ and for this price you get all you need to start the day - coffee, croissant, yogurt etc. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfy which is important after the long day walking. We enjoyed our stay and hope to come again!

Good location and value for money

Location is very good, 2min from Istiria metro station, and with one change of the metro line, you are in Milano crntrale station within 10min. Bed is nice, comfortable, room is clean and nice. I left before 2€ brekfast but I saw preparation and I think it is very goood value for money.

Good choice for a low budget trip to Milan.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was an unpleasant smell in the room. It is not something impossible to put up with, in fact, after a few minutes you stop noticing it, but it is there and was the only thing that we didn't like about our stay.

The room was clean and well prepared. Wi-Fi worked fine, no problems with that. The location of the hotel is also good, it's just a 10 minute walk from the subway station. The reception worked at night.

The hotel is in a very quiet villa area, but the...

The hotel is in a very quiet villa area, but the soundproofing is very poor, I can even hear the lines of the next TV series. The hotel staff is impatient, she don't like to treat the problems. The room facilities are old, the taste of the room reminds me of my grandmother's room. There was a party downstairs on Saturday night, though I was far away, but I felt like I was there. A very fantasy experience.

Good choice
    • Double or Twin Room

For a one star hotel, it was excellent for the amount of money I paid. Clean, comfortable room and a satisfying breakfast in the morning. Very close to the Istria metro and tram station

Horrible.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was extremely rude. There was a mix-up with the reservation and we had two single beds instead of the two doubles we needed for ourselves and our two children. Instead of working with us to find a solution, they called us rude, called Booking.com to verify the reservation and then thrust the phone into our faces, yelling at us that we were wrong. They wouldn't even allow the children into the room to wash their hands, and we had to find space with friends that night for the rest of our family. The breakfast / check-in area reeked of smoke. It was disgusting. Every time you opened the door, the staff immediately told you to close it because of the cold, before you even had a chance to do so. The morning we checked out, we were well aware that the check-out time was 11 AM. We were finishing breakfast nearby with friends at 10:15 in order to get back to get our luggage, and I received a phone call from booking.com. The hotel had called them and asked them to call us, to remind us of the check-out time. And this was with 45 minutes to spare! In short, I will never stay there again, and I would strongly advise that you don't either - unless you want to be yelled at, nagged, and get lung cancer from secondhand smoke.

Nice stay in Milan
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel room was not "brand new", a little bit old - but for this price, it's perfectly fine.

Very, very warm welcome, great service. Room was a little bit old, but very clean. Breakfasts were small, but very cheap. Location was fine - few minutes from metro station - and from there, you can go anywhere (buy 24h/48h metro ticket!). I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anybody.

Good district, not far from the subway, cozy room.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

I`ve booked this hotel for my mom for 2 nights. She arrived about 8:30 and spent about 50 minutes at the reception - the reception staff didn`t want to check in her because my mom does not speak English or Italian to explain my mom the hotel rules. I know that English is international language and it`s easier to communicate with others if you know even some words and I highly appreciate the hotel rules and know how important hospitality quality is. But there is no reason to make anybody stay at the reception in the evening and waste time and money on the call from Booking.com which representative trying to explain my mom the situation. I don`t ask you to translate the hotel rules into other languages and etc. But all the hosts which wanted me to read their rules or get to know other info just sent me these rules (in English) via e-mail or WhatsApp. Thanks Booking.com representative Ksenia who helped my mom.

Good district, not far from the subway, cozy room.

good price/quality ratio.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

If you don't have high expectations regarding a hotel, there is nothing wrong with this hotel.

It is the best what you can get for a 1* hotel. Sometimes, 3* is worst than this.

Breakfast wasn't included but was really cheap (2€) and...
    • Double or Twin Room

No air conditioning and that night was really hot.

Breakfast wasn't included but was really cheap (2€) and it had sufficient selection of things as a buffet.

will never stay there again...
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

it is far away from everywhere (except for the metro which is pretty close), the house is old and unfortunately not renovated (even though the construction is quite nice). Room was not very clean (under the bed you could find dust-balls). Parking is in the courtyard and it fits 3 or 4 cars one close to another, and you have to leave the keys at reception (if car is not as small as it should, then you get a threatenning glance from the owner). Air conditioning is not free of charge...but believe me you'll want to pay when you get into your (sauna) room in a hot summer day. But the worst I experienced there is staff...they are not friendly at all, and they were helpless. good luck if you get to that hotel...I will never step on it again.

The only thing I liked was that I stayed there for only 1 night...

The stuff was very nice and friendly, the area is quite and...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel has not very convenient steps, if you travelling with baby in stroller, the breakfast is pretty poor.

The stuff was very nice and friendly, the area is quite and safe, close to metro

Would never recommend anyone to stay here as the member of staff was rude and unfriendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

The lady of staff was very rude and unfriendly. We arrived at 1pm not realising that check-in wasn't until 2pm and were not greeted at all. There are silly rules like you have to give the staff your room keys and air conditioning controller every time you leave the hotel (why even bother giving keys?) and then you have to buzz back in when you get back to hotel. You also have to pay an extra €5 for air con which is a rip off. Flat screen tv is like 10cm big. Rooms are not lit very well, very dark. The parking needs to be prebooked and normal sized vans are too tall.

Good spot close to the metro. Room was clean enough and very basic but okay for one night.

definately not worth the money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel staff LIED about them having contacting me regarding the parking space being fully occupied. The only email I got is a reminder of check in/out times. The parking space was the only reason why I chose that hotel in first place. Also, stating that the room is equipped with Air conditioning is technically true. However you need to pay additional 5 Euros so you can get the remote control to use it. Imagine Milan, 35C at night! "For this price it is not included". To sum it up: definately not worth the money.

the quiet neighborhood

Budget hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Owner has strict rules. Be careful the check-in is limited till 23 o'clock, so if your flight arrives late plan ahead.

Located near metro station. Nice and quite area. The hotel is nice but nothing fancy. The owner is willing to help.

Hotel Bicocca
    • Double or Twin Room

Despite the fact that the hotel offers private parking, after booking and making a payment we were informed that private parking is already not available (we didn´t have this information before paying). But the hotel offered us public parking for 0,80 EUR/hour (from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm). Air-conditioning is not included in the price. We had a room on the ground floor - pictures of the room were different from those listed on booking.

I liked the friendly staff (the lady at the reception desk explained us everything) and even the hotel was located further from the city center, the metro station was only 3-5 minutes walk from the hotel.

Convenient and comfortable location, close to the Metro.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

I understand that air conditioning was available at extra cost, but it would have been nice to know how much it would have been. A fan would have been adequate. Although the location was close to the Metro, there was very little within walking distance and I had to go to central Milan to find somewhere to eat on a Sunday evening.

The location was convenient as it was close to the Metro. The woman in charge was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent value.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

It is very expensive for the price and breakfast is very...

It is very expensive for the price and breakfast is very limited. You are not suppose to eat more than one croissant or coffee. There is limitation to use hot water apparently.

Nice neighborhood, very quiet area.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very thin walls. We could hear every sound from other rooms, so we didn't get much sleep. The owner smokes outside the hotel, and you can smell the cigarettes in the room. Facilities are old, and there are broken spots on the walls. No bread for breakfast (but it costs only 2 EUR).

Nice neighborhood, very quiet area. Free parking (reservation needed). Close to metro station, you can reach Piazza Duomo in less than 30 minutes.

It was a great stay, I liked the breakfast, the staff, and especially the cat!
    • Double or Twin Room

At booking website it claimed that the B & B was 1 km away from Milan Central station, but it was actually 3 :) Still a great stay though!

I loved the staff!

The host is lovely and warm.

The host is lovely and warm. The neighbourhood is very nice, it is located in a surprising quiet quarter of Milan. The breakfast was included and good. Very clean. I enjoyed my stay and felt lucky especially during a busy time for the city.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Avoid if possible, NOT recommended
    • Double or Twin Room

Absolutely everything could be better for the amount of money you pay, this is not a cheap hotel and still everything is crumbling down, broken and dirty. Specially the bathroom- very uncomfortable, small with a rotten shower. They advertise as if they had A/C, we requested it on a very warm day and they said it's on demand, with extra charge and was not working. Breakfast is paid extra and honestly its awful, hard pastry from the day before and hideous coffee from vending machine (which is weird in Italy!) have to carry your bags all the way up in tiny stairs and the worst thing: having to leave your car keys with the lady downstairs who also happens to be not very kind and she (or someone) will move your car at their convenience- I got scratches in mine!! Honestly I am sure there's something better for the price!

A rip-off during fair season
    • Double or Twin Room

It proves once more how crazy the hotel business becomes in Milan during fair season. We paid 213 euros a night for a room that is not even worth a quarter of the price! Our room was clean but very (and I mean VERY) basic and the bathroom looked totally run-down. The overall smell of synthetic perfume of the cleaning products inspired my boyfriend to call it our 'brothel room' - nice....

The location of the hotel is pretty good in a residential neigbourhood but close to the underground. A train passes by but for Milan standards this is a quiet place.

Fast wifi.

I stayed at the hotel bicocca for one night. It was 120e for a single bed room and a really poor breakfast. The atmosphere wasn't warm or nice... The staff was friendly though. It is not the best place to stay for a business trip.

Fast wifi. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Nice location, helpful owners, good value for money minutes away from the center
    • Double or Twin Room

Perfect place for those looking to stay on budget, very friendly and helpful owners, clean room and bathroom, nothing less and nothing more you should expect for the price, really nice location literally minutes away from the metro station and only a few minutes ride away from the mainstream of the city.

Not a bad place to stay overnight , but some issues with parking
    • Double or Twin Room

Ive traveled on car and booked Hotel one day in advance. one of the main reasons I choice it was a Parking place mentioned . Unfortunately I couldn't check my email during my driving to Milan, but the hotel replied me saying that no parking available. So if you traveling with the car and require free parking make sure hotel parking available before book this hotel. Bath room required some maintenance work.

hotel located in nice quite area,

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Worst booking i ever made till now..
    • Double or Twin Room

-Cleanliness Every day room service but only for garbage bags, not changing mattresses nor blankets. -No soundproof at all u could hear everything even mobiles vibrating from next rooms and steps in stair and u couldn't sleep well. -Facilities were old and broken spots everywhere. -No value for money too expensive for everything given..it should be at least 100 euro cheaper from the 280 i gave for 5 days.

Strong WiFi Location

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Close to metro.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Due to the bus driver strike I have lost my train to Milan. I have called the hotel, they warned me that the check in is only before 23:00. They refused to wait 30 minutes even against extra paying. When I have checked in the next day, it turned out, that, being checked in, one can return to hotel any time, for example at 2:00 pm, if one wants! (The keys should be left on reception, thus there is always one to open the door and to hand in the keys!) Is there any rational explanation to such a "friendly" attitude? The first night anyway was charged...

Close to metro.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Small sulky rooms
    • Double or Twin Room

The room is small, dark and sulky, the bathroom is huge and worn-out. In the bathroom is growing terrible mould.. It was disgusting. The breakfast consists of some bakery, cereals with milk and coffee/tea at your option.

The only thing which I liked about the hotel is the location. It took about 5-10 minuted to get to the subway station Istria and from Isrtia it is about 15 minutes to Duomo.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Definitely not a wise choice
    • Double or Twin Room

The customer service was very poor. The pipes and the showers weren't very clean. The blanket caused an itch and we couldn't get the blanket changed. We had a hard time communicating our troubles to the staff

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Nice stay
    • Double or Twin Room

- no fridge in the room but you can ask the receptionist to use their fridge - a bit far from the center of the city - no teakettle

- very kind receptionist - comfortable room - everyday cleaning - not far from metro and bus stations

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The location is ok, 3 min from a metro station, so you can...

I didn't like the tile floor in the room. It makes the room seem cold & unfriendly

The location is ok, 3 min from a metro station, so you can easily reach downtown. It was easy to find, provided you take a look at the map beforehand. The lady from the front desk was very helpful & friendly. The room was clean. Good value for money in Milan

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

It's a clean, warm hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

It's a clean, warm hotel. They clean up everyday and give you new towels, soap and shampoo. The breakfast was nice, Kind of an improvised buffet with cereals, yogurt, milk, pie, juice, croissant and some more. The location is also good, being a 3 minutes walk from the metro. We got great value for the money we had paid.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Close to train station, just 5-10 minutes walk.

Room looks old, smell not good, I have to open windows for hours to get ventilated air. Not convenient for early check out before 7.00AM. Slow wifi

Close to train station, just 5-10 minutes walk. Close to restaurants with lots of food options

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Rather good place for a couple of days
    • Double or Twin Room

No fridge in the room, but we knew that, so it was not a big problem for short visit of our lovely Milano.

Reasonable price for a short stay. Conditions are good. Wifi is ok. The host is at the reception desk all day, so no problems with access and communication.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Ok for the money
    • Double or Twin Room

Very little parking space. Hostess smoking at the entrance right as we arrived felt a little unfresh. Not the most comfortable beds.

A pretty short walk to the metro. Good size room. Clean enough. Quiet, which was nice after a day in Milano.

A nice place near subway station.

Nice.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

its normal as price.
    • Double or Twin Room

In the bathroom, in cabin is very bed door.

its normal as price. at night was silens. have parking. staf is very helpfull. hotel is comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The lady was very helpful with everything, considering that...

The lady was very helpful with everything, considering that it was my first time in Milan

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

It is cloce to the city center and airport.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

It is cloce to the city center and airport. Fo a price like that is perfect. Clean room. Nice bead. And privat parking.

It’s close to the centre and the staff especially Mr Massimo...

A little noisy, sometimes

It’s close to the centre and the staff especially Mr Massimo the receptionist... just amazing

Friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Mosquitos had invaded the hotel and the garden. Bad beds and A/C cost extra

Friendly staff

Everything plus so good that U can pay but get...
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything plus so good that U can pay but get airconditioner

Reception was very friendly and helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception was very friendly and helpful.

Super good! 👍
    • Double or Twin Room

Good service, nice rooms and super good location! 👍

simple and nice
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

uncomfortable stairs and nothing healthy on breakfest

simple and nice place

5.5
    price, staff and parking
    • Double or Twin Room

Smell of Cigarette Smoke everywhere (pillow, sheets, curtains and towels) which can affect your sleep and your everything

price, staff and parking

Nice, pleasant, restoring
    • Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable bed, nice owner, good breakfast, very fast wi-fi I was able to work in a quiet place

Hotel seems to be older
    • Double or Twin Room

Too many rules from the owner

agreable

Normal bread in stead of toast

Blisko do metra, miły personel

Średni standard

Blisko do metra, miły personel

Nice and inexpensive

Nice and inexpensive

Friendly host

Friendly host

good place, close to the center, clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

good place, close to the center, clean.

Friendly staff, good location, delicious Italian breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff, good location, delicious Italian breakfast.

Nice place with freindly staff

Nice place with freindly staff

Neat
    • Double or Twin Room

Friendly lady at the reception. Clean room. Serves our purpose. Budget hotel.

Very Very Bad Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

I dont like anything of this hotel and the owner was very rude

Excellent value for money in Milan - clean and great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Great value for money! Location close to a metro stop made it excellent value - facilities were perfect for a short stay.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

good for one night

Far from center.

Wi fi works very well. The hotel is situated near the underground station.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

The location (400 m to Istria metro).
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

The location (400 m to Istria metro). The price. The staff!

Browse Hotel Bicocca traveller photo gallery