Reviews of Hotel Villa Torlonia 4 stars

Via Bartolomeo Eustachio 7/A, Nomentano, 00161 Rome, Italy

#878 of 967 hotels in Rome

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The staff in this hotel were very nice but the facilities were poor and I wouldn't stay here again.
    • Economy Twin Room

The WiFi didn't work in my room, I had to go downstairs to the lobby to read my emails etc. The room was cold at night and there was no extra pillows or blankets. Couldn't put the heating on as the vents released a musty smell. Not in a great location. There were very little cafes / restaurants or bars in the area. No tea or coffee available in room or kitchen other than breakfast. Couldn't use the power if the lights were turned off, So in order to charge my phone, I had to leave lights on when going to bed. Only one station on the TV and it was in Italian so we couldn't watch the TV. The woman at the desk gave us directions to the airport but failed to tell us we could be queuing up to 2 hours for our bus tickets and almost caused us to miss our flight.

The staff were lovely and the comfort of the room was ok. The breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

WiFi didn't work. Shower door broken. Staff not flexible. Iron not available - only paid laundry service that, however, was not possible for the next day in the morning. My colleague was late and was charged not with one night but the whole stay of 5 nights! And to stay in the hotel he had to pay again for 5 nights. This is theft - there are no other words.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Incredible property, friendly staff and out of the tourist area
    • Classic Double Room

The only thing that we were disappointed with was the shower. The room was incredible but the shower was so small you couldn't move around without banging your arms into the shower doors. Other than that, we have no complaints.

We can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff was absolutely incredible! As soon as we arrived at the property they were extremely friendly and accommodating. We wanted to walk around the neighborhood a little bit and when we asked the front desk staff for recommendations for dinner and he took the time to ask what we liked and were looking for before making suggestions. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the room was very comfortable. It was much nicer than we were expecting. Anything we asked for, they were very timely. We loved the garden. It's a well-kept property and very comfortable. We actually liked that it was out of the tourist area and thoroughly enjoyed being in a neighborhood. We got to experience great restaurants that locals frequent. We will definitely be staying at this property again!

worst room and bed ever!
    • Economy Twin Room

The room was too small. There was no space to move. If you are travelling with a medium or big size luggage, stay away from this hotel. The bed was so uncomfortable. We left a ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door. Yet the cleaning stuff disregarded and entered the room anyway.

Nothing at all!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

WiFi seemed to be extensive throughout hotel.
    • Economy Twin Room

Self closing fire-door by room 502 did not self close during a fire alarm. Reported to front desk but no action taken to remedy. Still not working 40 hours later. No coffee or tea making facilities in the room. Bar not open until 1800 so not able to get coffee or drinks between 100-1800. When bar was open, the hotel wouldn’t provide ice, staring they didn’t have any Electrical wiring or circuitry provided flickering lights throughout hotel. Particular noticeable in the bathroom and corridors. We experienced 2 power cuts with no back up supply being evident and lifts not working. The small lift through the courtyard felt very unsafe - no dated service sticker and weight restrictions. No iron or iron board available. Shower space very small with temperamental temperature. Beds were on wheels. No do not disturb door hangars provided and we were disturbed by the cleaning team whilst sleeping. Ants in room 502 Not particularly an issue for us, but no emergency cord in bathroom as listed. On checkout, internet was down and the receptionist couldn’t work out the bill. Luckily we had cash. Some of these issues were raised with the management but we were met with hostile replies and a general sense that they didn’t care. This hotel is listed as four star but it most definitely isn’t. I would not recommend staying here.

WiFi seemed to be extensive throughout hotel. Breakfast staff attentive and courteous.

A reasonably priced room that allowed me to have a fantastic extended trip to Italy.
    • Classic Single Room

The room was not four star. More like 3 star. Not bad, but some travelers would probably want something better. It was small. You could hear the room next door. You could hear the plumbing.

The staff was very friendly. I liked the location. I was looking for a reasonably priced option for an extended visit to Rome. I got what I expected.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

This hotel has charged me over £100 and never got it back!
    • Classic Single Room

This hotel has charged me over £100 and never got it back! Such a shame as was loving the hotel before coming, but they are absolute idiots there. They will keep you money and you will never get it back!! Ridiculous!!!!!!!!! This hotel should be stopped completely.

Staff are super friendly and nice.

If u have had a long haul flight and have jet lag don’t sleep here! I could feel the wires through my bed and the mattress was old and not supportive at all and it actually really made my 3 night stay the most uncomfortable stay! Breakfast was very basic and there was no welcome pack or guide in the rooms you have to ask a lot of questions.

Staff are super friendly and nice.

The staff were helpful and the neighbourhood was nice.
    • Classic Single Room

Espressos were extra cost, not included in the breakfast package. The room was not vacuumed properly and the walls were very dirty. They have been holding a reservation of the total cost of stay for 7 days now, despite having assured me it would be released within 3 days upon check-out (apparently, as an insurance for any damage). This policy is not really acceptable, especially given the state of the room (not very clean or modern; wear and tear below average).

The staff were helpful and the neighbourhood was nice. Breakfast was nice, but espressos were extra cost, not included in the breakfast package which was surprising. The airport shuttle service was great.

Nice property and helpful stuff - the room was clean and...
    • Economy Twin Room

Nice property and helpful stuff - the room was clean and comfortable except it was a little too small and also the sockets were not easy to reach. The breakfast was excellent.

Short term no BUT Would return if we stayed more time in Roma
    • Economy Twin Room

Long walk from the train station. That made the Hotel less interesting for someone who just need a room between two flights. For your first time in Roma, if you don't mind the extra distance from your hotel to the tourist sites, you should appreciate.

Located in a part of Rome that is not touristic. It gave us a different point of view about Roma. Close to little Café and restaurants. Very quiet neighborhood.

Great hotel for a weekend trip
    • Economy Twin Room

They could do with better beds and more pillows. rooms could do with refurbing

The area it was in was lovely - lots of nice restaurants and not far from center (around 16 min walk). Staff were friendly. Shower was good.

Pleasant area .
    • Premium Double Room

The breakfast was poor . The coffee was horrible. I went out and had breakfast. The beds were very hard . And one of the male staff at the front desk was not friendly.

Quite Place to Stay with Excellent Location
    • Classic Double Room

As I said before this is more of a standard in Rome but; Amenities in the rooms are the bare minimum, I would have expected it to be more when you compare it to the other countries. Rooms are not equipped with an iron and If you ask for one from the front desk you won’t get it because they only give dry-cleaning services and it’s expensive. Also, there are not many wall sockets to charge your stuff, so come prepared.

Ok, so curb your expectations. This is an ancient city with its own standards. First, the staff is kind and helpful. Hotel is exactly as it’s been advertised. Room was clean and tidy but unless you request, housekeeping won’t change your sheets. Second, the most important thing was the location. Hotel is in 2 mins. walking distance to the Policlinico Metro station and 1 min. walking distance to tram and bus stations. Since public transport is crucial in Rome, this makes the hotel in prime location. I would suggest this hotel to visitors planning on touring the city non-stop yet aiming for a quiet place to stay. P.s. The breakfast at the hotel is well prepared and cheap, I would recommend that you get it :)

Highly recommend the location of this hotel. Value for money.
    • Economy Double Room

Walls of the rooms were very thin, we received two noise complaints but I wouldn’t consider ourselves having made noise, coming in late in the evening. You can hear everything through the walls including the water running/ shower next door.

The location was great, only 2 stops away from the main metro station, so we could easily get around to all tourist attractions within a matter of minutes. Breakfast was very good also, lovely fresh pastries and cakes.

Central location but definitely not a 4* hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Staff was very rude; policy on Check-ins time do not meet expectations of a 4 stars hotel Breakfast was average Room pretty dark with carpet which did not look very clean

Location is central and with possibility of parking without having to pay

Location about 5min to the metro.
    • Economy Twin Room

Issues with safety deposit not being returned on time, they said they forgot and different staff kept saying different days when it will be returned varied from 3 days to 3 weeks. Not soap of bathroom

Location about 5min to the metro.

Horrible stay
    • Economy Twin Room

They gave to me a room in the basement, juste with a dormer-window. It was a room near the garage. It was raining in Rome and in this terrible room I felt the humidity into my body. I slept using 3 blankets. I neededed to cover even my head and it was not easy to sleep. Next monrning I had a cold. I had asked to have a room in a normal floor and the answer was: you payed for a standard room. I want to ASK TO BOOKING COM : A standard room it is in the basement? I was around the world and I never Had a room in a basement.

Please don't go there
    • Economy Twin Room

Very unfriendly, dirty, holes in the blankets, dangerous socket regarding hair dryer even hurt myself there. Ugly and old towels. Stained mirror. Stupid and ridiculous policies unhelpful staff. Overpriced overrated. TV hardly worked. One of my worst stays ever.

DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, RUNAWAY!!

Very very very poor. 1 star hotel. False advertisement as the rooms are advertised to have AC and when we arrived in May it was so hot and the hotel said they only turn on AC in summer. Very dirty. Bed is hard rock. Staff are unhelpful. I rate it as A 2 star hotel. RUN AWAY!!!

Disappointing and low rate

Breakfast was ok.

Not much. Only one staff member was nice really. We arrived on our first day after 25 hours of travel at 2.55pm. A rude man came out of office and said ‘check in is at 3pm’ then went back to office without helping. We took a seat for 4.5 mins until he was ready. Pretty rude for a first arrival. Although my mother and I were travelling together, he put us in rooms on different levels and opposite side of hotel. My mother is in a mobility scooter, so this was very hard for her and I. He didn’t seem to care when we asked to change this. The bathrooms are terrible and at a very low star level. Clean, but small, broken shower doors and zero extras or toiletries provided. In fact the bare minimum was provided, Also, it far away from major attractions, not at all as advertised.

Not what you would expect from a 4* hotel
    • Economy Twin Room

We arrived before 3pm, so they didn't allow us to do the check-in. However, they forced us to come back to the hotel before 10pm or else we would have to pay a 30€ fine. The room itself was not at all what you would expect for a 4* hotel. The mattress was very very bad and you could hear everything from the other rooms. There was a cabinet with mini-bar written on it and when it opened it it was completely empty, there was not even a fridge inside. The bathroom was incredibly small and toilet seat had a top that did not fit the toilet itself. In the end, a disappointment.

The neighborhood is quite fancy with a lot of old classic villas that fill the eyes. The outside of the hotel looked great, but there was not much more to it. The location was okayish, but not great.

Second stay - could have been better
    • Classic Single Room

The overpowering smell of cigarette smoke when I walked in was horrendous! I asked them to change the room at the reception, they mucked around for 30 minutes and in the end essentially put some fragrant spray to dial down the smell. But I could still smell the smoke in the toilet.

My first stay was much better than this one. Wasn't happy with the smell of the cigarette smoke in the room. Good value for money. Location is very g0od, especially for my work.

Far better than expected
    • Economy Double Room

They have a 24h reception still charge you 30€ if you arrive after 22:00. I could understand this if they had to pay someone to stay late but there's a nighmanager anyways.

Great location, very nice staff and the breakfast was good and cheap. The upper level rooms feel cheap (and they are in fact cheap) but the view compensates everything.

It was clean inside, you can do the temperature that you...
    • Classic Single Room

The rooms have very, very thin wals, you can hear everything they speak, even when they speak normal. Also, you can hear everything from their bathroom, toilet flush, shower, water sink. So if you have problems with noise, it's going to be hard. The WiFi is not working, and when it does, it's very poor, I called 2 times about this and they didn't fix it. The check in is at 3 pm sharp, and if you arive earlier, they won't let you inside, unless you pay a tax of 17 euro. So prepare to wait. Also, they retained me a 200 euro waranty, even if I've already payed all my stayng, of course I git the money back at the final, but for me this was strange, for a 4 stars hotel. And also you have to pay 6 euro,extra the city tax. Tha staff, some were nice, some were not.

It was clean inside, you can do the temperature that you like, is close to a park and subway, 2 stations from the central station !

Lovely comfortable friendly hotel
    • Economy Double Room

Very welcoming, lovely staff! Good location, close to tram & metro lines. Hotel itself was very comfortable and sweet, lovely outside terrace area & communal lounge areas too. Would defiantly stay here again

there are better value hotels
    • Economy Double Room

the rooms are too basic and you can't even make yourself a coffee.

Four great big start bolted on the entrance to the hotel. This is not a four star hotel but three. No refereshment/tea/coffee in the rooms, small single bed but good size room and huge bathroom. Got 'upgraded' to a single room when i had booked a double. Weird.

Everything you need for a short break
    • Classic Double Room

Beds weren’t very comfortable. Very hard and you could feel the springs. Can’t fault much else.

I’ve stayed here before, located close to the train station and outside of the tourist trap. The staff were really friendly. The breakfast was €6 with a wide variety. Coffee was amazing!

Rude, incompetent staff, diabolical, unhygienic rooms, needs a good clean, wouldn’t recommend!!!
    • Economy Double Room

Everything! The hotel is more like a 1* definitely not a 4*. Didn’t even have any drinking facilities in the room I.e kettle, water. The room was full of marks and stains on walls, flooring. The bed was 2 singles pushed together.. so much for a ‘double deluxe room’ it’s so Over priced for what you get I’ve stayed in far nicer places around the wall for a lot less money. The hotel staff are quite rude. When we was there another guest was literally smashing their room up. The noise was horrendous at around 2am.. we rang down to reception to let them know they stated that they was at the desk on their own and couldn’t leave to see what was going on and that we should go have a look for them if we wanted the noise to stop as they are not good with confrontation??? Now for a hotel memeber of staff to say that isn’t very good at all is it? Absolute diabolical hotel what a waste of my money. Good job there is a lot to see in Rome & the weather was amazing so didn’t need to spend much time in the hotel hallelujah!

Absolutely nothing.

The stay was ok. It is rated as 4 star hotel but it is not. Rooms are dark and need renovation.
    • Classic Single Room

Room is pretty dark. There was just one pillow and very thin. There is no air conditioning. They upsold my friend’s room from a double to a single asking him to pay for more.

Location was ok. Single room bathroom was big

Good hotel for a couple o nights
    • Economy Double Room

- room had the walls a little dirty - it's not the hotel fault, but weep in mind that an extra 6 euro per person will be added for the city tax.

- easy to get to via metro/bus/tram - comfy bed

Amazing experience
    • Economy Double Room

All staff are amazing especially Raffaella. Property is nice and clean and in an amazing and very safe area just 5 minutes to metro and public transport. Room was good and clean daily. Will definitely book this hotel again when we are back in Rome. Worth every penny that we paid here for our stay. Thanks to all again from Victor & Claudia

Never book the "standard-room". It's more a cell than a room. Other rooms are good.
    • Economy Double Room

The "standard"-room of the first night...it was very old and nothing worked.

The service was very good. The team was very friendly and helped us all the time. That was very positive.

Horrible experience
    • Economy Double Room

The whole hotel is dirty, including the rooms which aren’t and can’t ever be cataloged into a 4-star room category, according to any hospitality terms and conditions. If I were to be indulgent, I’d only give the rooms 1 star. They are severly lacking staff. The hotel also charges a 100€ guarantee fee which is not stipulated on booking website, although it should. From my point of view it is not worth the money.

Gorgeous building and very nice location
    • Economy Double Room

The room and its bathroom were of a decent size - but not clean enough and very cold. Bed was not comfortable but perhaps other rooms were better

Gorgeous building and very nice location

Worst hotel in rome
    • Economy Double Room

It was terrible the bed and pillows had bed bugs. The mini fridge was a hole and the TV was from 1996

Nothing it was a complete piece of poop. I wish they wouldn't call it a 4 star hotel. Everything was in bad conditions from the beds to the service.

Disheartening, false advisement definitely not a 4 star hotel more like 1.

Considering it was a superior room & I had paid £300 for 3 days.. there was no drink facilities I.e kettle. There was a fridge but wasn’t working. Really unhygienic room, Staines etc. Extremely small showering area. I wouldn’t class this a “superior room at a 4 star hotel.” More like a 1 star. I’ve paid cheaper and stayed in better. Extremely disheartening for a family trip. Tried breakfast for 1 of the mornings, they don’t fill the trays back up with food, I.e eggs. so if you’re not there first you don’t eat. Extremely poor stay at this hotel will definitely not recommend people to stay. Stay clear.

Nothing at all really poor hotel

Two km.
    • Economy Double Room

Two km. From Termini ,20 minutes walking , there is a metro station near policlini , breakfast 6 € which is not bad ,room is small,but u don’t need bigger ,just for sleep , safe in the night and not noisy . Good hotel according to the price 306€ /4 nights + 6€ /person/night (city tax).

• Economy Double Room

Twin beds when booked a double(two beds pushed together) pre charging before arrival plus 100euro deposit-puts a dampener on things! It wouldn't be a problem but clearly states on booking.com NO pre payments or card needed! NOT TRUE-Room extremely small compared to others and very noisy with doors banging all night.

Clean. Friendly staff. Good location
    • Economy Double Room

City tax 6 euros per person per night not disclosed or not registered when booking

We arrived 8pm.The gentleman on reception seemed tired and waiting for his shift to finish but he still treated us well.breakfast seemed good value for 6 euros. Hotel was 1.7k from train station. Trams just up the road. Taxi within 5mins if you asked at reception.

The room bas basic but comfortable! good value breakfast! The reception staff were excellent!
    • Economy Double Room

No tea/coffee facilities or fridge in the room!

The breakfast was excellent value for 6euros each! The reception staff were friendly and very helpful!

Staff were warm and friendly .
    • Classic Double Room

Not enough plug sockets in room. Minibar, water only. No bath, shower only. No phone in the room and no hotel and or tourist info in rooms. Rooms very small and no english speaking tv channel.

Staff were warm and friendly . Not too far from Metro, 10 minute walk.

Okay
    • Economy Double Room

We arrived around 10.00pm and receiption man wasn't very welcoming or friendly. We requested for a late check out and he staight away said no even we were willing to pay some extra money for that. He said the hotel was fully booked and it was a Monday but we checked their website and the rooms were available for the bookings. Bathroom was very small and the shower door was very hard to close.

Surrounding was attractive and easy access to public trasport to the city centre.

The shower pressure was good and the outdoor seating area...
    • Economy Double Room

There was a crack in the shower tray and the shower door wasn't fitted properly. The mattress over hung on the bed so sagged on the edges, the room was a lot smaller then described. The room hadn't been dusted properly.€170 was stolen from our room and when we spoke to the manager his first response was that it wouldn't be his staff and blamed it on us for being careless for not using the safe. He then did nothing to follow up on this. And we didn't even receive an apologie.

The shower pressure was good and the outdoor seating area was nice.

Small room, small bathroom.
    • Economy Double Room

Small room, small bathroom. Location wasn't good. When cleaning team came for refreshing they left our clothes on the floor... Also there been charges for using the iron. Overall not for four stars.

Excellent hotel in a quiet part of Rome.

Lovely hotel. Clean and tidy with three outdoor terraces and gardens. Quiet location. Bedrooms are of reasonable size, with very comfortable beds. Aircon and WiFi throughout. Very easy access to the public transport network.

Comfortable bed and good aircon.
    • Classic Double Room

TV didn't work, plain breakfast and staff didn't really give out advice on where to go or how to get places.

Comfortable bed and good aircon. Close to tram and train stops to get into the city. Easy to organise airport shuttle.

Tutto negativo! Everything negative!
    • Classic Double Room

Very bad hotel, services, and totally not professional staff. Struttura fatiscente, pessimi servizi e staff non professionale.

Assolutamente nulla! Nothing at all!

Pretty nice hotel but not 4 star

The pictures in booking.com do not represent the rooms, they are in worse shape and it's not a 4 star hotel, at least the rooms we stayed in. Maybe if the promotional rooms are in a different category then, the rest of the hotel, then, it should be flagged.

The breakfast was pretty good! The staff was helpful, kind and tried to solve any issues and answer all our questions. The location was also good, all kinds of public transport in the area.

Definitely not a four star!
    • Economy Double Room

Carpets very dirty and stained. Definitely not a four star. Perhaps two. Ants in room. Told it was because of drought and fact we left pizza box on counter. This did not occur in other hotel we stayed in in Rome. Considerable walk to restaurants. Limited selection for bf. need to add some fruit to selection. Had watermelon and a few apples.

In a quiet neighbourhood Housekeeping staff very friendly When I checked in foul odour in room, staff quickly moved us to another room Nice entrance and clean breakfast room

Location and price was good, but the facilities and rooms were quite bad.
    • Economy Double Room

Room were in basement. Toilets were smelling and we couldn't close the door, so the whole room was smelling. Toilet seat was broken. Breakfast was very simple and not fresh nor tasty.

Location and price was good.

Good location, ideal if on sale
    • Classic Single Room

It's a 4 star hotel, anyway looks like a 3 star instead. I had a single bed and the structure of the bed was smaller that the mattress. Basically the mattress was not stable and no comfortable at all, you always had the feeling to fall on the floor.

Location: close to metro Policlinico and buses on Via Nomentana Staff: most of them were nice

Fantastic stay in Rome
    • Economy Double Room

Good location 2 mins from a subway and shop, helpful staff, room cleaned and towels changed daily - great value for money- Fab few days in a beautiful city!

Avoid avoid avoid
    • Economy Double Room

Don't do it. This hotel is the equivalent of receiving a beautiful looking gift, But, when unwrapped the gift that lays beyond the luxury wrapping paper is from the pound shop. Every wall had scuff marks, dirt, and squashed dead mosquitoes up to chest height giving the impression of a two tone decor from hell. The TV was an old computer monitor that sat upon scruffy battered characterless furniture. Twin beds took pride of place sharing one cheap white sheet and 2 overlapping brown woolen itchy blankets, all desperately trying to give the appearance of a double mattress. The Single headboards were covering the only 2 sockets in the cell. We had booked a double room and were told that booking.com does not specify which room has been booked so were dumped in a twin. We were offered an upgrade for 90 euros extra a night. The shower did not drain properly and it was a race against time to shower without flooding the bathroom. Fresh mosquitoes appeared every night even though all windows and doors were shut, the only thing supplied daily free of charge. Lots of cheap penny pinching schemes to get your money. We stayed in the same accommodation as the cleaning staff who were also the bar staff maintenance staff and probably the chef as well. The reception staff who were as unmovable as the statues that adorn Romes magnificent landmarks. Smirk smiles the order of the day. None of the photos on booking.com were correct buyer beware. Even the batteries in the remote control had teeth marks in them where the owner had tried to get the last few dregs of energy rather than buy a new battery. Unbelievable. 2 star at best, charging 4 star city tax.

The outside reception area and proximity to metro

Too far from city core and exciting places
    • Economy Double Room

Cover sheet dirty Tiny rooms Old mattress uncomfortable Bathroom tub fills water and does not flush away ..you end up standing in a basin of water . Not very clean. Elevator did not work

Look and location were nice - lovely view and spaces

Nice but improvements could be made

The breakfast wasn't anything special, mainly sweet food. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable

Staff were very friendly always willing to help and nice location

Good value for money for Rome

Nothing really

Lovely hotel, comfortable room, super air conditioner (which is absolutely needed during the summer of Rome), great location and fantastic value for money. Definitely recommend to others.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Great hotel, good location
    • Economy Double Room

Room was a little small but to be honest we only slept here as we were out all day.

The staff were very helpful. Location was a little out from the centre but very close to metro stop and some fab places to eat with no city centre prices. Room was cleaned daily and hotel was lovely.

Imagine the worse 2 star hotel in the world. This is worse.
    • Economy Double Room

I booked the room in this 4 star hotel (as it is announced by the Booking) and got a 2 star room (if not 1 star!). Apparently this hotel has 8 classes of rooms and we booked the lowest one. We have been told by the (extremely rude) front desk manager that everything is described in the booking - which is not true. The only thing you read there is that these low class standard rooms are located in a separate building. On our way to the room, we realised this building is indeed very different from the main one starting from a very dirty and smelly elevator and passing through a corridor with blinking lights. Entering the room, we thought there had to be some kind of mistake (after all, we booked a room in a 4 star hotel!). The place was very small, with old furniture and extremely dirty walls (like they weren't clean for 20 years). What they call "flat screen tv" was a grey Samsung SyncMaster monitor from the early 2000s and the beds, covered in old pale dusty blankets, had mattresses with protruding springs. After complaining to the front desk manager, he gave us the chance to move to a different room (of the same class, of course) the next day. That night we couldn't sleep as the beds were actually much worse than they looked initially - not only did we feel the springs on our back, but also the mattresses were too small for the scaffold of the bed and they kept on sliding on the slightest move. Next day we moved to a bigger, slightly cleaner room (although there was a smashed moth against the mirror that someone forgot to clean) with the same type of bed and with the same 20 year old mattresses. This time, the bed scaffold was too small for the mattresses so we needed to make sure we would sleep in the middle of the bed to avoid falling from the edge of the mattress. We saw other rooms before moving to this one and ALL of them had mattresses and beds with different sizes and ALL were clearly very old (one had the foam coming out on the side).

The only thing I liked in this property was the proximity to the metro.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

never again

noisy room the tap was dropping all the time toilet cover installed improperly bad was awful noisy shower place was so small that I could hardly soap my self as my arms hit the walls breakfast was poor and expensive , there was separate charge for cappuccino

location is OK. close to the Metro station

Comfotable beds.
    • Classic Double Room

Beware!!! This hotel has a policy of cancelling your booking if you arrive after midnight. This is not clearly stated anywhere on the booking.com website. So, if you are delayed due to a late flight or train, you will lose your booking and your money, even if you phone to warn them.

Comfotable beds. Nicely decorated rooms. In a quiet area but within easy access of main attractions by metro. Friendly, helpful staff

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

they charge me the room in advance even though I select my...
    • Economy Double Room

they charge me the room in advance even though I select my time for arrival after the check out time. They wouldnt give me my money back, so I had to re schedule my train (that cost me similar like the room charge).

Nice hotel, but late arrivals beware!
    • Economy Double Room

The beds were not very comfortable and the rooms could have done with a lick of paint. The rooms were very noisy in the mornings because of the plumbing. The very worst thing, which would prevent me from staying there again, was their policy, which doesn't appear on their website, or Booking.com's website, that if you arrive after midnight, your entire booking is cancelled and not refunded. As there are night time receptionists, I cannot understand this policy as anything other than a scam. When we complained about this policy prior to our arrival, neither the hotel or Booking.com helped us, or gave us a satisfactory explanation for it. Therefore, if you intend to take an evening flight, I suggest you stay elsewhere.

The building and surrounding area were attractive and the location was convenient for public transport into the city centre, but quiet. The staff were friendly and the rooms were clean.

Great location. Reasonable for price.
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast was buffet, and not very well done. Toaster that didn't work properly , small selection of food to choose from. In room, no kettle. Only way to get a hot drink was to go to the bar, where you had to request a staff member to come, and then pay for a cup of tea or coffee. No tissues etc in room either

Location was good. Close to trains and buses and trams. Embassies all around, so very safe.

great hotel. Highly recommended.
    • Economy Double Room

The rooms wasn't massive, but they was okay size. the view was bad. We had the 1st floor but it wasn't really a first floor as we still looked straight out on to the street.

The staff was excellent and very helpful. Couldn't of done more to help us navigate around and tell us the best places to eat and visit. Real helpers and great staff.

Great hotel in leafy surrounds, helpful staff but breakfast needs work
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was not very healthy, with no high fibre muesli or fresh fruit. There was a very good plain yogurt however. Coffee was not good as is usual for automatic machines. Suggest provide drip filter self service as a low cost solution

Staff were wonderful, one even helped us to get the right metro train as he happened to be on his way home.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

There are other hotels with best cost x benefits in Rome.
    • Economy Double Room

Room without air conditioning and without minibar. Poor breakfest with no integral options. No natural fruits.

Localization near metro and tram. Beautiful garden.

Poor from start to finish
    • Classic Double Room

Rude Staff, nil information provided about location surrounds, charged on departure for items never advised of and advertised as air conditioned only for it not to be.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Not recommended if you are coming any time before 3 pm.
    • Economy Double Room

Very limited options in freakfast. Hotel is very adamant in giving early checkin even if the rooms are free. Although they give you on charge of half day fare of the day which would be very high.

Location was near to all public transports.

Nice hotel in a quiet neighborhood away from traffic
    • Classic Double Room

Bed was hard, breakfast was poor and room was small Breakfast was poor - not wide selection. A little too far from inner city. Nothing to see or to do close to hotel.

Staff was very kind and helpful. Clean and nice hotel in a quiet and nice neighborhood. 5-10 min walk to metro station Policlinico.

A good hotel but not for those with access problems
    • Deluxe Double Room

My legs got bitten in the bed. As the entrance to the hotel is by way of steps there should be a central handrail. This would not be an expensive addition. If clients are older or less able they will find the steps challenging. In the UK safety Regulations would require buildings to which the public have access to have a handrail .

Well located in relation to public transport to and from centre. Nice room and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Inaccurate photos and wifi pointless
    • Economy Double Room

Totally inaccurate photos. The rooms in the pictures were nothing like the one we received. Wi-fi next to useless as we were put in a building far, far away from reception and the wifi did not reach at all.

Staff friendly, provided us an umbrella and printed our boarding passes

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Good value for money with excellent location
    • Economy Double Room

The rooms would need renovation (would mean higher price),after using the toilet each time we heard a special noice even from the rooms next door.

Location is excellent. There are coffes and supermarket near to the hotel, the Metro and tram is really close.Beautiful villas are around and the Torlonia park is really nice too. Stuff was helpful, good value for money.

Nothing much
    • Economy Double Room

Mattresses were very old and hard - couldn't rest, WIFI was very weak in the room and just 2 wall-sockets available only at the bathroom.

Located in a nice, quiet area, very close to metro and tram station. Breakfast OK but nothing much - the price of 6 euro per person was reasonable. Staff was gentle, given the overall Roman rudeness to tourists.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

No me gusto nada de este hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

I don´t recomend this hotel at all. You can hear everything from the rooms next to you. The beds are very noise and not confortable. I had a problem with the room that we got: the people in the room next to us was very noise . And when I explain the situation and ask them to change the room they let me know that there is no more room s availables. Then I check in booking and there were available rooms. When I went to complain about it, the answer was, " If you want other room you have to pay the difference....such a four stars hotel....." instead I will recommend Hotel Rex, very close to everything and very kind people.

No me gusto nada de este hotel. I didn´t like anything from this hotel.